American Dream Cakes Reviews

27 Reviews for American Dream Cakes

1 User photo

American Dream Cakes 1

Taylor · Married on 06/02/2018

My wedding cake looked just liked the photo I submitted to American Dream Cakes!! I was so happy with it and it tasted amazing!

Sent on 05/10/2018
    American Dream Cakes 2

American Dream Cakes's reply:

Thank you Taylor! It was our pleasure to make your wedding cake and so much fun to make the lighthouse groom's cake for Tomas!

Kathryn · Married on 09/30/2017

American Dream Cakes not only fit us in during an incredibly busy weekend, they provided a beautiful and delicious cake. It was delivered and presented professionally and without any attention needed on our part. We could not have been more pleased with the service, professionalism, and the perfect cake! Thank you!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Thank you Kathryn!

David · Married on 08/24/2017

For my parents 50th wedding anniversary, I decided to have the top two tiers of their wedding cake recreated. From a black and white photo, Gunilla did a fantastic job recreating the cake right down to the swan pillars. The cake itself was delicious and my parents were beyond words. Thanks Gunilla!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Thank you David!

Genna · Married on 08/04/2017

American dream cake was good. Cake was moist. Next time I'm in town I will stop By. I will recommend everyone to American dream cakes.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Jeremy · Married on 07/29/2017

Love you guy's!! Cake always look and taste delicious

Sent on 08/08/2017

Vicki · Married on 07/01/2017

I can't say enough about the wedding cake we purchased form American Dream Cakes. So beautiful and everyone
    loved it. Gunilla gave me great ideas for displaying and serving the cake. Thanks for your advice and professionalism.

Sent on 08/15/2017

Thank you Vicki!

Sherry · Married on 04/22/2017

It was a pleasure to work with this team. My cake was so beautiful and the taste was great. I had so many compliments during and after my wedding. Thank you so much.

Sent on 05/09/2017

Jamie · Married on 04/15/2017

Thank you for creating such a simple yet delicious wedding cake for our beach wedding! It was so pretty and the perfect size! It was easy to communicate our ideas and it was great to see it come to life. I highly recommend this place for your wedding cake if you are getting married anywhere in the Topsail, Surf City, Jacksonville, or Wilmington NC areas.

Sent on 05/09/2017

Thank you Jamie!

Jamie · Married on 04/09/2017

Beautiful cake!!!! I loved my wedding cake and cupcakes! Ordered this from NY and they worked very well with me from a long distance.

Sent on 05/02/2017

Ashleigh · Married on 04/07/2017

We chose to have a small cake to cut and cupcakes for our guests at our wedding. Both were fabulous and inexpensive for the quality and taste! Our guests loved them. I will be using American Dream Cakes for future bakery needs.

Sent on 04/18/2017

Emily · Married on 10/01/2016

After several tastings, this was the one. Beautiful cake and absolultely delicious! Highly recommend!

Cindy · Married on 08/11/2016

I do not even live in the area so all communication was electronic or by phone. I have to admit I was a little nervous going that route but everything far exceeded my expectations. The cake was PERFECT!

Sent on 08/17/2016

American Dream Cakes's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're so happy everything was to your satisfaction :)

Laura · Married on 06/28/2016

The entire experience was easy and the cake turned out beautiful. We live out of state but were able to do everything over the phone. The cake turned out just as we discussed. It was ready on time and boxed up very well for transport. We picked up the cake and transported it to our beach house 30 minutes away with no problems. We got a 2 tiered cake along with cake pops. They were both gorgeous and delicious. I highly recommend American Dream Cakes.

Sent on 08/16/2016

American Dream Cakes's reply:

Laura It was our pleasure to work with you and create your Dream Cake. Thank you for choosing our bakery!

Margaret · Married on 04/23/2016

My cake was as delicious as it was beautiful! American Dream Cakes was a pleasure to work with and helped alleviate the stress of cake decisions. They transported and set up the cake beautifully. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/23/2016

American Dream Cakes's reply:

It was our pleasure to make your Dream Cake!

Joshua · Married on 09/19/2015

We ordered our wedding cupcakes from them and they were delicious! We got compliments from everyone who attended about how good they were. They also delivered the cupcakes to the venue and set everything up for us so we didn't have to fuss with any of it. I would highly recommend anyone in the area to stop in and try them out!

Sent on 01/01/2016

American Dream Cakes's reply:

Thank you for the kind review. We're honored to have been a part of your special day and happy everyone enjoyed!

Jaynine · Married on 05/02/2015

Beautiful, moist, and delicious!

Sent on 05/06/2015

Mary Louise · Married on 04/25/2015

My cake was just what I wanted. The camouflage patterns where perfect! Loved it!!! The cake was moist and the icing not overly sweet. Perfect!

Sent on 05/05/2015

Thank you!

We were thrilled with the product and professionalism of American Dream Cakes. They created a wonderful confection of almond-flavored cake with raspberry filling for our daughter's wedding cake. The cake was gorgeous and had the perfect texture and it tasted delicious! Our guests raved about it! The design we requested was executed beautifully and I was pleased with the personal attention provided during our consultation. The cake was delivered right on time and in perfect condition. We highly recommend American Dream Cakes--you may pay a little more but the quality is exceptional and worth every penny!

Gunilla was a pleasure to work with. I was never worried about our wedding cake. I knew that she would create everything the way we wanted. I brought in photos to help give her a better idea of our vision. We purchased a grooms cake and a wedding cake. After I had my bridal portraits I sent her another updated photo of what my bouquet looked like. She made the flowers on the cake look exactly like my flowers. Everything was great!

Sent on 05/10/2015

American Dream Cakes's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. It was my honor and great pleasure to make your wedding cake as well as the groom's cake!

Teresa · Married on 04/05/2014

My cake from American Dream Cakes was perfect! My husband and I have different tastes in what we wanted for our wedding cake and they made it very easy for us to select the design along with we wanted the ribbon in our wedding color and they went out of there way to find what we requested. It was set up flawlessly and most of all it was amazingly delicious!!! Everyone is still commenting on the cake!!! And we intend to have them make us a little one because we want more! I would use them again in a heartbeat!

• F

Fallin · Married on 10/28/2013

We had a beautiful three tier red velvet cake for our wedding. Everyone at the wedding kept telling us how great the cake was. We were extremely satisfied with how it turned out!

PAM · Married on 05/19/2012

Everything was perfect! Your service, your professionalism, and your thoughtfullnes in all our unforseen problems was the BEST! The cake tasted heavenly and it was SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL! YOU ARE THE BEST!

Christian · Married on 09/23/2017

Enjoyed ordering from them. Our cake was beautiful and the flavors were wonderful. Despite not being a personal design of their own, they did a great job making our cake the way we wanted. Highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/09/2017

Thank you, Christian!

Tanya · Married on 06/22/2012

My husband and I were beyond thrilled with how our wedding cake from American Dream Cakes turned out. They listened to what I had to say about what kind of cake I wanted and they produced a cake that was truly a work of art. Every detail was impeccable. The cake included sugar sculptures, which looked like glass! The sugar scupltures were amazing! I was going to be happy if the cake looked amazing and tasted good. Well, the cake looked amazing and tasted GREAT!!! It was truly one of the best cakes I have ever tasted. My guests were raving about the beautiful cake that also tasted wonderful! The cake was moist and flavorful. The icing was the perfect combination of sweet but not too sweet. The price of the cake was a little higher than we had hoped to pay, but after seeing the finished product, we are so happy that we went with ADC. Also, they were very professional and responsive. I never had to wait long at all to have a call or email returned. I most definitely recommend ADC to anyone who wants a cake that not only tastes incredible, but is also a work of art!