Ambient DJ Service Reviews

Ambient DJ Service 6
Ambient DJ Service 7
  • Lindsay

Lindsay Drager · Married on 11/03/2018

Dj iron mike- ambient dj services

Mike Bacon entertained our wedding last night on 11/3/18 at the Olde York Country Club, and he was absolutely amazing! He had our guests constantly out on the dance floor, dancing all night long! And that is all we cared about, everyone having a great time! Mike satisfied everyone’s taste/genre of music, did not disappoint not one bit! He was great with requests, great timing on the different moods of the night, slow, to dance, to lounge music. There are no words to describe how incredible our night was, and the vast majority of any wedding atmosphere as we all know is the music- Mike was on point at all times!!
    I highly recommend Ambient for any event. He succeeded ABOVE what I had in mind!
    Once again, thank you so incredibly much for one of the best nights of our lives! 11/10!

Sarah Webster · Married on 11/03/2018

Hire DJ Gregg!

Stop searching for a DJ and book DJ Gregg!! We had the BEST time at our reception and are still hearing from our friends and family about how much fun they had. Gregg was also an excellent planner. He was always easy to get a hold of, helped us plan out our evening using his expertise, and listened to all of our must-play and do-not-play requests. Not to mention, we got married outside on an incredibly windy day and Gregg made sure everyone could hear every word of the ceremony. It was perfect! We're ready to throw another party just so we can hire him again :) Thanks for everything, Gregg!
    - Chris & Sarah

Karlynn T · Married on 10/06/2018

Thank you DJ Dre!

DJ Dre Ovalle is the BEST! We booked Ambient DJ Service and requested DJ Dre for our recent wedding. Dre was extremely accommodating during the entire planning process and was always available to answer all of our questions and offer suggestions as needed. Our barn venue had a unique layout and we requested music in 3 different areas for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception and he was able to keep the music flowing and the dance floor moving constantly on our big day! It was PERFECT and everything went smoother than we could have imagined. THANK YOU DRE!!!

Derek Haapaoja · Married on 09/29/2018

Made our day even better!

Amazing! You recommend to anyone!

Thomas Charette · Married on 09/23/2018

Could not have been any happier with Ambient DJ

We used Ambient DJ and had the owner, Gregg, as our DJ. His online system made planning for must haves, like to have, and do not play very easy. He also created a set that fit perfectly with the type of music we told him we like and kept the dance floor packed the whole night. His interaction on the microphone was minimal and certainly not intrusive, only getting on the mic when necessary, could not be happier!

• Drew

Drew Madsen · Married on 09/22/2018

DJ Iron Mike

We could not be happier with the service we received for our wedding. From start to finish DJ Iron Mike was an absolute stud.

Leading up to the wedding, we had a couple very informative and collaborative planning meetings. My wife and I were not completely sure where to even start, but Mike walked us through everything we would want to consider in terms of music and itinerary for the event. He is a veteran DJ who really knows his stuff, and it showed.

Mike emceed our ceremony and reception perfectly. We relied on him heavily to keep our itinerary moving smoothly, and he could not have been more professional and reliable. We gave him a few general ideas as to what music/songs we wanted but he somehow read our minds and played an amazing set. His skill and presence made all the difference, and we are absolutely thrilled with his performance.

Ambient DJ Service 8
  • Aquamarine

Melissa · Married on 09/21/2018

As a DIY, frugal bride with a relatively low budget, my approach to finding a DJ was simple: search Wedding Wire by highly-rated, but low price point DJs local to my venue. No regrets there, as it is how we found Gregg. Lucky for us, he was personally available on our wedding day. After our first meeting, my husband and I discussed how impressed we were with the solutions he provided to dealing with some logistical challenges of our venue. That level of knowledge of sound and equipment was super important to us, so we booked him. Not long before our wedding day, he visited the venue with me so he could see the challenges in person and plan accordingly. He aced that. Although I chose pretty much every song on our playlist, I trusted the order in which they should be played to him. Great choice, as the flow ruled. I also liked that he wasn't afraid to offer his opinions. I wasn't originally open to guests making requests, but he pointed out that he likes to play that by ear. Also a great choice, as it kept the core group of serious dancers dancing, which in turn had a bunch of others dancing at any given time. Gregg's not over-the-top, he just lets music do its thing, which I really appreciate. He was also super organized - I was constantly updating my spreadsheet and sending emails and he kept up with it all. So many guests commented what a great DJ Gregg is during the reception, and the positive feedback just keeps rolling in. For a control freak like me who was considering making a playlist, playing it from an iPod, and figuring out sound/speakers to say that I'm so grateful I let go and let someone else do the dirty work is huge, and I wouldn't be saying it unless I had found a true professional like Gregg who could meet my lofty expectations when it comes to something as important to me as music! Our wedding was so much fun and we saw it on our guests faces the entire time. Gregg played a humongous role in that. Thank you so much, Gregg, you nailed it!

Thillai · Married on 09/15/2018

I worked with Gregg Holman and Luke Rizzo (DJ) both of whom were absolutely outstanding. Both were so quick to address concerns and questions. Luke had wonderful taste in music, kept the dance floor rolling the whole night, and had all of my relatives and friends dancing and having a wonderful time. He was receptive to requests from everyone and I urge you to make this hire - these people are the best and I can’t thank them enough.

Nicole · Married on 09/08/2018

My experience with this Company was Absolutely Great. My DJ Mike Bacon was Awesome. From My Ceremony to my Reception was Great. I couldn’t pick anyone else to do My Special Day. Everyone at my wedding had a great time and danced. He kept everyone entertained. I wish I can have a Reception again to have him DJ again. You were AWESOME MIKE!!

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 08/18/2018

Best DJ - Party was Rocking!!!

We hired DJ Iron Mike for our wedding, and couldn't be happier that we did!! We have a very eclectic music taste, and Mike was able to incorporate all of our favorites, from country, to freestyle, to oldies, to reggaetón and everything in between! The dancefloor was literally packed ALL NIGHT LONG, and one of the things everyone keeps complimenting us on is the music! We're so glad that Mike was able to be with us on our big day, he really helped everything go smoothly. And if that's not enough, two of my friends have him booked for their upcoming weddings as well! I would never think to work with another DJ!!

David · Married on 08/11/2018

Great Wedding DJ Experience with Chris

Chris (DJ Spinz) was a fantastic choice as DJ for our wedding. He was very patient with us and accommodating with our song requests. He was also excellent at getting our guests up and dancing while being both very professional and warm. Coordinating with him before the wedding was easy, and we really appreciated his advice on some of the details of our reception. We highly recommend Chris and Ambient DJs!

Erik · Married on 08/04/2018

I cannot thank DJ AQ and Ambient DJ Services enough! They were so wonderful to work with and we are so happy we hired them for our wedding! DJ AQ met with us before the event and calmed every concern we had and was so nice and professional. He was ready to make sure this was the best day ever for us. During the event, people danced the night away and I had absolutely no concerns with the music because we made such a great choice in DJ AQ!! Thank you so much for making it the best day ever!

Anita · Married on 06/16/2018

We had Chris (DJ Spinz) for our June wedding and were as pleased as could be with every aspect of what he did for us. He met with us for over an hour on a Saturday one month ahead to go over the main planning document and how to think about all of our choices. He was was very responsive both before and after the meeting, answering every question we had. We had a few of our own, very specific music and introduction requests, which he fully accommodated and handled flawlessly on our wedding day. And he's a really nice guy! We really enjoyed our time working with Chris, and he enhanced our day and helped to make it the special, memorable day that it was for us. Having the ability to request so many songs and customizations was a definite benefit, as well.

Also, in speaking and e-mailing with the owner of the business, Gregg, we experienced all of the same - professionalism, accommodation, very quick responses, and enthusiasm for what he does. You can't ask for a more professional or prepared company to handle your event (especially wedding reception). It's no wonder why Nassau Inn works with and recommends Ambient, too!

Huge thanks to Chris and Gregg!

Camille · Married on 06/09/2018

Ambient DJ was perfect for our wedding! We worked with DJ AQ (Alain). He was very responsive, and worked with us to help us celebrate the way we wanted to! He played awesome tunes throughout the cocktail hour and dinner and kept people dancing all night long. He was also very flexible with impromptu speeches and games=). Definitely recommend! Leading up to event he checked in with us several times and worked directly with the venue for most logistics, making planning easier on us.

Ambient DJ Service 9
    Ambient DJ Service 10

mina · Married on 06/02/2018

Luke is an excellent DJ, he would love to do what customers want; He is very up to date and good resource for his customers!

Ambient DJ Service 11

Stephen · Married on 06/02/2018

DJ Gregg Nice absolutely crushed it for our wedding!! My (now) wife and I had so much fun & Gregg was a HUGE part of why. He played all the music we asked + additional tracks that fit right in with our theme. Thanks so much, HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Amy · Married on 05/27/2018

We are very happy that we worked with DJ Gregg for our wedding. He provided the ceremony and reception music as well as the uplighting for the reception. After our initial consultation, he sent us a link to an online database where we got to select our "must play", "maybe play", and "do not play" songs. Afterwards, we had a follow up consultation to review the selections. Our playlist included some nontraditional songs (e.g., covers and non-English songs), and Gregg was careful to play the correct versions on our big day. He also made sure that he could correctly pronounce all of our wedding party member's names for the introductions. During the reception, he served as a fun and lively emcee/DJ who coordinated well with our wedding venue and our other vendors. My friends who do not usually dance were dancing the entire night. We would highly recommend DJ Gregg to other couples in the NJ area.

Michel · Married on 05/26/2018

Dear Mike Bacon, Eric and I want to say; We/everyone had a tremendous great time at our wedding. You really did a great job. Our families and friends cannot stop talking about our wedding and how much fun they had. We lost track of the number of people who raved about your DJ skills. Thank you for allowing us to personalized our music exactly how we wanted. Thank you for making our wedding the best part of our lives.

Ambient DJ Service 12

Jason · Married on 04/27/2018

We would recommend Ambient DJ Service to anyone looking for DJ in the tri-state area. From our initial discussions with Gregg to our wedding day experience with Mike Bacon, it was one of the easiest and most enjoyable parts of planning our wedding. Ambient was reasonable, flexible, and provided a great atmosphere for our wedding. Mike, especially was incredibly flexible, willing to answer any and all questions (and offer suggestions if we were really stumped) and accommodated all of our needs (and there were MANY!).

Most importantly, they set a wonderful mood for the day of our wedding. From the more mellow music choices during the ceremony itself to the party atmosphere of the wedding itself, Ambient was able to really capture their feel of our personalities and still appealed to our wedding crowd at large (the perfect mix of old and new). Most importantly, the dance floor was never empty!

Couples: Do yourself a favor and go with Ambient for your wedding entertainment needs!

Taylor · Married on 04/21/2018

We absolutely loved our experience with Ambient DJ Services. We chose the Music Fusion package where we had a live saxophonist, and our guests are still raving about how much it added to the event. Gregg was great to work with, had awesome recommendations, and was very open to what we wanted. The professionalism was great and we are so happy we chose Ambient DJ's for our wedding!

Rebecca · Married on 04/15/2018

Gregg Ambient was a fantastic DJ for our April 2018 wedding. We were looking for a DJ comfortable with Jewish weddings who was going to make this feel like a wedding and not a gimmicky Bar Mitzvah. From the get-go, Gregg was extremely easy to work with and we were on the same page about our hopes for the day. He was extremely professional. His DJ forms were extensive and covered everything from whether we wanted a bouquet toss, to parent dances, games, must-play and don't-play etc. He didn't judge us, push us, or mind at all when we decided not to have any games, bouquet toss, line dances, etc. We ended up making our own document outlining our music choices and run of show including a Spotify playlist of some of the Jewish songs, and he was happy to work with what we gave him. He played nearly every single song we requested (we told him he didn't have to play every one of them) and not a single song or style of music from our 'don't play' list was played. He brought a second DJ with him to help out, but didn't charge us for that.

Working with Gregg couldn't have been better. It was easy to arrange time on the phone with him in advance and he was great the day-of. In addition to being extremely responsive during our wedding, he really didn't steal any attention or make the show about him. Three-quarters of the way through the reception, I realized I wanted to dance with my grandfather and when I asked him for a slower song to do that, he played it as soon as the current song ended. One thing I appreciated the most was that the morning of the wedding, he handled all of the set up without coming to us with any questions. If he had questions or needed something from the venue, he handled it professionally without coming to me or my husband, which was one less thing for us to worry about since we didn't have a day-of planner. Gregg also didn't try to upsell us on anything like lights or photobooth - rare for this industry! Fair prices and a great experience.

Jenna · Married on 04/13/2018

Gregg was an awesome DJ. He was very flexible and accommodating when it came to meeting with us to talk about the wedding. He kept everyone dancing all night long. We had a blast. Thank you, Gregg!!

Kimberly · Married on 03/10/2018

I can't speak highly enough about DJ Gregg and Ambient DJ Service. A colleague of mine recommended DJ Gregg from having seen his work at several functions. My husband and I had initial reservations about hiring a DJ because we were planning a very small, intimate wedding in an old converted farm barn with a mix of ages and a lot of guests who were elderly. Classic, simple, rustic and subdued was the theme of our wedding. Gregg totally delivered - from meeting us at the venue, suggesting an equipment setup that worked in multi-floors and rooms, easing our worries, making suggestions on music and accommodating us on our music choices and volume level. We received several compliments from both our guests and the staff at the venue. Everything was tasteful and classic, fitting right into the vibe we wanted. Take it from this bride who planned a wedding in six weeks, look no further and hire Ambient DJ, you won't be disappointed! P.S. If you're looking for the entire pomp and circumstance of lively dancing, MC and upbeat music, I've seen videos, DJ Gregg and his crew are awesome at that too!

Alyson · Married on 02/24/2018

3-24-18 We loved working Gregg! We had a very hard time finding anyone to answer us in a timely manner. But right from the start he was quick to answer any questions we had. Gregg helped us plan out our the night perfectly. He kept the party going and made sure everyone was having a great time. Our venue was a different set up and he made it work! His poor legs were probably very tired going up and down those steps so much. :) we would recommend Gregg to everyone we know for any kind of party!