Ambient DJs Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

Taylor M. Married on 05/07/2022

Highly Recommend

DJ Dre Ovalle was the best! Very professional and easy to work with. Highly recommend for a wedding or party.

Ambient DJs's reply:

Thank you Taylor for taking the time to leave this review! Happy to hear that you enjoyed Dre Ovalle's services.
    Joshua S. Married on 11/13/2021

This is who you want for your wedding!

We’re so happy we chose Ambient DJs for our wedding! Iron Mike was our DJ and Jeremy was operating the photo booth. They both did an excellent job!
    People loved the photo booth, I heard all the comments later saying it was so much fun and they had a blast. There were funny props for the photos and you can tell Jeremy really enjoyed doing his job! And the pictures came out great and good quality.
    Dj Iron Mike was everything we could’ve hoped for in a DJ. He kept the party pumping by playing the perfect songs at the perfect time. People would not leave the dance floor! I had written and recorded a song for my bride for our first dance and Mike was so easy to work with when it came to executing all the details. She was so surprised and he made the moment perfect. Even before the wedding we could tell that Mike was the perfect DJ after just one conversation. He has great experience and knows how to read the room and work the crowd. You will be glad you booked Ambient DJs for your wedding!
    Chelsea J. Married on 11/06/2021

COVID wedding

We booked Ambient DJ service for our wedding - Gregg was super flexible, as we had to change our wedding date twice due to COVID. We also used his services for a family event a few years ago. He did an amazing job at the event and catered to the various music tastes of our guests! We will definitely be contacting him again for any future events!
  • Kyle
    Kyle B. Married on 11/05/2021

Simply awesome

Chris was awesome as a DJ and MC. The music was spot on, and there were multiple people who commented positively on that. Chris asked for some music we listen to (in my case, lots of 80's hair metal), took inspiration from the playlists I sent him, and added that into his repertoire of wedding music. It was great!
    Katie A. Married on 11/05/2021

Amazing Wedding !

Our wedding was absolutely amazing and we owe a HUGE portion of that to our absolutely wonderful DJ , DJ Iron Mike and photo booth operator Jeremy! Mike was extremely responsive throughout the entire process and helped answer any questions I had along the way. He was professional and at the same time made us feel very comfortable around him. He got everyone up and dancing and was able to feel the crowd out and determine what kind of music he should be playing! Jeremy was so much fun! He was hyping up the crowd and inviting people to check out the booth. Will recommend !
    Carolyn M. Married on 10/30/2021

Halloween Wedding

Mike was amazing!! He kept the flow of the evening going and helped us with the costume contest. Jeremy Was so much fun and engaged our guests at the photo booth and we have awesome pics to prove it. Since our wedding was at Halloween we gave them the choice to dress up and they sure did! I would hire them again for certain and recommend them to anyone!
    Camila S. Married on 10/23/2021

Dj iron mike is amazing!

We had the BEST dance party perfectly curated by DJ Iron Mike! We got endless compliments on the music during our wedding and would 1000% recommend Ambient DJ and DJ Iron Mike to all our friends. They were incredibly professional, personable, and flexible through COVID wedding planning. Thank you!!!
    Kristen S. Married on 10/22/2021

Best DJ ever!

Choosing DJ Iron Mike was the best choice we could have made! Our wedding was the best time and our guests are still talking about what a great party it was. Mike’s music choices were perfect and he was a lot of fun to work with. Would highly recommend!
  • Kevin
    Kevin A. Married on 10/17/2021

Nick and co were fantastic

We hired Ambiant DJ services to handle our ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, and photo booth. Our DJ, Nick, was flawless. He played the piano for cocktail hour and was an absolute hit. He worked with us over multiple nights prior to the wedding to sort out our music tastes for the reception and he was absolutely fantastic about getting our guests out on the floor (with some help from my drunken sister lol.)

We made a last-minute call to add a photo booth and we're so glad we did. At the end of the night, they provided us (groom/bride) with a flash drive and scrapbook with all of the photos, including handwritten messages from all of our guests. It was a complete surprise and ended up being one of our favorite mementos of the night. I honestly didn't think people would use it, but I was pleasantly surprised to be proven wrong. If you're on the fence, get it!

Michael K. Married on 10/16/2021

Our music was perfect!

“One more song! One more song!” For a couple seconds, I thought I was at a concert venue, not my own wedding. Greg did such a fantastic job throughout the night that the crowd didn’t want the night to end. I had never seen it before, an encore at a wedding.

The encore didn’t happen by accident, Greg spent a ton of time leading up to our wedding getting to know us and our music tastes. He and the crew at Ambient DJs really want to understand you and your guests and tailor your experience to ensure you and your guests have a blast.

Through my indecisiveness, Greg worked to create an awesome playlist. He constantly checked the vibe of the crowd and would change the songs up if he felt the dance floor dwindling a bit. He even found a way to fit a ska song into our playlist - my brother appreciated the opportunity to skank at our wedding!

In addition to the awesome music, we opted for 2 live musicians. Ann Marie played violin at the ceremony and she was stunning. The simplicity and precise playing style she had really elevated our ceremony. I’m thrilled we chose this option.

We also opted for a live Sax player - Kevin Bene - who classed up our cocktail hour and fit seamlessly into the reception. It was really impressive how he was able to blend the live music into it. Greg really knows how to select musicians and he works really well with them. If you want live music, spend the extra money to do it. It’s worth it.

We couldn’t have been happier with our choice to go with Greg & Ambient DJs. If you happen to stumble upon this review, do yourself a favor and book with them. You will not regret it for a moment.
  • Natalie
    Natalie B. Married on 10/08/2021

Wonderful!

He kept our guests dancing and really knows how to read a crowd! I found out my godmother had actually had him Dj at a party she had too!

Dear Natalie,
    Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our services! You and Bobby had a cool playlist and a fun crowd. Glad that I'm becoming the 'family DJ' - hope to see you at the next party :-)
    ~ DJ Gregg
  • Erica
    Erica L. Married on 10/01/2021

Dj iron mike is amazing!

Mike was extremely professional, he played the perfect mix of music, got in all of our requested songs and kept the dancing going the whole night. He was so fun to work with and we absolutely cannot say enough good things about Ambient DJs and DJ Iron Mike! Thank you thank you thank you!!
    Elayna T. Married on 09/25/2021

Exceeded all possible expectations

DJ Iron Mike CRUSHED it. He surpassed all of our expectations by a mile. Our venue was a vineyard that required three different DJ setups--an outdoor ceremony area, outdoor tented reception, and indoor dance floor. Mike transitioned between all three locations seamlessly. He emceed the exact right amount--he was there to direct people when needed and then stepped back and let the music do the talking. He also had an impressive understanding of his audience. My husband's family is Colombian, and Mike accurately predicted what Latin (not just Colombian) songs would get them excited and dancing. Lastly, I know I'm biased, but our dance party after dinner was honestly the best dance party I've ever seen at a wedding. So many of our friends and family commented on how great of job he did, and my husband and I play the track list Mike saved for us all the time now when we need a pick-me-up. I could go on singing Mike's praises forever. He truly blew us away. Do yourself a favor and hire him!
    Justin T. Married on 09/19/2021

Thank you Gregg!!

We couldn't be happier that we chose Gregg as our wedding DJ! From the beginning of the planning process to the actual wedding day, he was so easy to work with and everything went so smoothly. He worked with us through two covid postponements and was super flexible and accommodating given the unfortunate circumstances. His online planning form made it very easy for us to organize and share our thoughts and plans for the ceremony and reception music and events. On the actual wedding day, Gregg was fantastic -- he read the vibe of the room very well, played along with a fun father-daughter dance, facilitated activities such as the shoe game and the ballroom blitz (a brilliant and fun way to make sure you efficiently get photos with every table), and there was never a moment of awkwardness. We'd wholeheartedly recommend Gregg to anyone looking for a great wedding DJ!
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth F. Married on 09/18/2021

Mike and Jeremy were awesome!

My husband and I hired DJ Iron Mike for our wedding and we couldn’t be happier. He listened to our ideas of what we wanted and the vision we had and he brought it to life. He kept people on the dance floor all night, playing mixes of all the different music we asked for. Jeremy also did a fantastic job with the photo booth. We couldn’t be happier with how our special day went thanks to them.

Ambient DJs's reply:

Dear Elizabeth, Thank you for taking the time to leave this awesome review of Iron Mike and Jeremy! They are surely a dynamic duo. We hope that you are enjoying the married life! Best wishes, The Ambient DJs Team
    Kristen K. Married on 09/18/2021

Best Night Ever!

Ambient DJs and especially DJ Dre made our wedding day an unforgettable experience. From start to finish, the process was simple and very organized. After our meeting with Dre, we felt comfortable knowing he would provide us with the ultimate party experience!

He really set the tone of the wedding, kept our party dancing up until the last second. I let him know our wedding guests were older but that the younger crowd loves dancing to EDM. I was so impressed with his transition of classic wedding songs to current hits and then towards the end of the night playing to the younger crowd - throwing in some unforgettable drops!!! The amount of compliments I received on our music and overall atmosphere were endless. I cannot recommend this company enough, especially DJ Dre. He is the BEST!
    Emily R. Married on 08/22/2021

20/10!! Hands Down Amazing!

DJ Iron Mike from Ambient DJs is hands down THE BEST!! We originally booked Mike for just the reception, then our band told us that a few songs we had picked for our ceremony we’re not in their repertoire. Mike ended up switching on and off with the band to play the tracks the band was unable to play, and it was perfect! When we first met with Mike, he asked us to send him a few songs we’d like him to play at the wedding, I sent him an entire playlist, including different mashups and medley’s, such as 90s dance, boy bands, spice girls, rap music, etc, he played them ALL and then some! He is the best!! I cannot recommend him enough!!
  • Brittany
    Brittany S. Married on 08/13/2021

Absolutely FABULOUS & such a great asset to my Wedding Day

DJ Gregg and his assistant were absolutely FABULOUS & such a great asset to my wedding day. They were both personable and down to earth. Gregg's assistant even helped with my children! Gregg understood the task and even had songs we randomly requested (that was not part of the plan) but he was on point & ready with everything:)
  • Christina
    Christina Married on 07/24/2021

Dj Iron Mike!!

First off.... love Ambient Djs. Awesome company! We were paired up with Mike and it couldn't have been a better match. Mike took the time to meet with us twice, was patient & kept in contact with us when we postponed our large 2020 celebration, and gave us so much reassurance/confidence heading into our event. In general just a great person to be around--awesome energy & great guy! We received so many compliments on our playlist thanks to Mike who totally killed it!
  • Victoria
    Victoria M. Married on 07/18/2021

Mike Bacon is the best

Vince and I were married 7/18! I went to high school with Mike Bacon so I of course was going to see how good he actually is at DJing. I was blown away!! My wedding was the most fun wedding I've been too and other people continue to tell me daily how great Bacon was! He kept the crowd going song after song! He took my phone calls when I had ideas of songs to play, and he let me text him when I thought of more songs to play! I am now an official groupie and try to go out and support Bacon wherever he is DJing. Thank you so much for making my night so perfect. I wanted to party and that's exactly what I got!!
  • Mary
    Mary J. Married on 06/19/2021

DJ Spinz (Chris) was incredible!

I can’t say enough good things about Ambient Entertainment. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, they stayed in touch and kept us informed. They were responsive and extremely friendly. DJ Chris Spinz was an incredible DJ who truly made our night so amazing! The dance floor was packed… even before dinner! He combined our music choices with his expert advice, which resulted in dozens of people coming to us complementing Chris and his wonderful talents! My wedding advice to you… hire Ambient Entertainment and request Chris! It’s the best choice you’ll make! :)
  • Mairead
    Mairead Married on 06/19/2021

Mike was fantastic!

Mike was fantastic! We hired Mike through Ambient DJs for our June 2021 wedding.

We didn't have exact play/do not play songs, just some playlists with ideas and Mike nailed it based on that. Mike was also really helpful with figuring out some reception logistics with what he's seen work in the past. He cued our processional/recessional songs for the ceremony perfectly and kept an awesome vibe throughout the night. We all had an amazing time (and heard a lot of "this DJ is amazing!" from our guests).

Thanks so much Mike!
    Holly A. Married on 06/05/2021

DJ Iron Mike Rocked My Wedding!

I’m on a wedding high! I’m so grateful for Saturday because of so many people but I’m going to start with my party pumping DJ Iron Mike Bacon!! Not only did he turn it up but he put up with me and my crowd! We are a lot of fun but a lot of work LOL! My guests are raving about him! Couldn’t have picked a better DJ! ❤️

Ambient DJs's reply:

Thank you Holly for sharing your great experience with DJ Iron Mike and Ambient DJs. Hope your wedding high lasts as long as possible!
    Karen C. Married on 04/21/2021

Great DJ! Very responsive - so much fun!

I worked with Jeremy and he was great! Super easy to work with and accommodated all of our requests :-) Very responsive when I was emailing him a bunch of updates - he even was able to look at my Spotify playlist which made it very easy for me to collaborate with him! Everyone was dancing and said how great the music was!! Highly recommend!