Amber Vickery Photography Reviews

34 | Austin, TX

34 Reviews for Amber Vickery Photography

Gabriela Vega · Married on 05/11/2019

Excellent!

Amber was by far my favorite vendor to work with. She did an EXCELLENT job. Her work product is extraordinary (check out her portfolio), but what I want to speak to in this review more than anything is her personality and professionalism. That's what's harder to gauge from just perusing her website. She was extremely professional; her responses were timely, on point, and the process smoothless. I am a type A person with little time for unnecessary back and forth and high expectations for service providers, and Amber was consistent, reliable, and very pleasant all the time. At our wedding she kept us on schedule with family portraits and captured great images without feeling obtrusive in the slightest. I went to a wedding shortly after mine and the photographer there just did not compare. I cannot recommend her highly enough; it was 100% worth the investment!

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Kara

Kara · Married on 10/13/2018

She really helped me feel at ease, and captured truly stunning photos!

We were really happy with Amber's work. She really made us feel comfortable and captured the event perfectly! We are absolutely in love with our wedding photos!

Sent on 02/08/2019

Lindsay · Married on 04/21/2018

We first met Amber when my now husband and I took our engagement photos in Austin. We weren’t sure what to expect but Amber made us feel so comfortable. Once the wedding planning kicked into full gear, she checked in periodically to make sure we were doing okay and not getting overwhelmed. She was always willing to help give suggestions or offer insight.
    On the wedding day, she showed up early to spend time with my husband and I separately to give us a run down of how the day would go. We gave Amber a “picture list” and she followed it to a T.
    What we appreciated the most was how she made us laugh capturing our love on camera. I can’t say enough good things about Amber and her team. I can’t wait to use Amber go forward for any family photos as we start our life together. Lindsay and Blake

Sent on 05/20/2018

Deb · Married on 06/10/2017

Amber is a delight to work with! Check out her blog and see the amazing work she does at http://ambervickeryphotography.com/blog/

Sent on 08/15/2017

Caitlin · Married on 04/08/2017

Amber was amazing to work with. She was so accommodating and sweet, we are so happy she was there on our wedding day. The pictures are amazing, and everything I was looking for.

Sent on 08/15/2017

Margaret · Married on 03/04/2017

Amber was an absolute DREAM to work with. She really took the time to get to know my husband and me and it made it feel so much more personal and lovely to have her with us on our wedding day. She and her team captured everything we wanted and more -- all while seeming to be "invisible." The photos speak for themselves and we are so thrilled with how they came out. Thank you Amber, for everything!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Somer · Married on 11/12/2016

Amber was one of our favorite parts of our wedding! She is sweet, professional and incredibly reliable. I can't tell you how many people said, "I really love your photographer." She captured the heart of our wedding from an artistic standpoint and is an exceptionally talented photographer. She has made it very difficult to chose our favorites from the wedding for our album. You won't find a better mix of talent and professionalism/kindness. I honestly can't say enough about her and you would be sorely missing out if you chose to go with someone else!

Sent on 02/10/2017

Jennifer · Married on 11/04/2016

We worked with Amber for engagement photos & wedding in October 2016. Amber was absolutely wonderful to work with! Before the wedding, she took the time to get to know us and the photography style we desired. She even pulled up some of the images on our wedding day to make sure we caught all of the poses we had envisioned. She was friendly and had a way of making us feel comfortable being photographed. A few weeks before the wedding, we realized we would not have time to travel to the original site for after wedding photos. With this news, Amber took the time to research the perfect location that was close to our venue. This proved how much passion she has for her craft. Our friends constantly comment on how beautiful our photos are and how they truly capture the special moments of our wedding.

Sent on 11/25/2016

Faye · Married on 05/29/2016

Wow Amber feels more like a good friend than someone we hired.
    As soon as I saw her website I knew her eye and creative touch was what we wanted. Her photos went above and beyond what we want and having her at the wedding was a pleasure . She was great with all of our guests and family. Timely and organized and came in and did everything in a way that I could just relax and enjoy , what more can you ask for.
    Her extra touches of sending a box of keepsake prints and an album made it all the more special and there is not a single person we know that has not complimented us on the beauty of our photos! Look for yourself.
    We would definitely use Amber again for family photo shoots and I recommend her constantly!!

Sent on 02/12/2017

Jake · Married on 03/05/2016

Amber was the best part of our wedding! My wife and I understand that the wedding lasts a few hours, but the photos last forever. So we spent a lot of time researching photographers and ended up hiring the best.

The photos were perfect and looked like they were ready to go in the next edition of Brides Magazine! She captured the night perfectly. She has a very timeless style to her photography. Its very natural and not over edited with trendy filters you will hate in a few years.

She was also a pleasure to work with, and really helped orchestrate the night as we took photos throughout the event. She was very sweet, but took charge in corralling everyone. My friends and family LOVED her and would not stop talking about her after the wedding.

If you want the best - hire Amber!

Sent on 04/17/2016

Rachel · Married on 12/12/2015

When I was originally searching for Texas photographers, I was originally recommended a few other photographers that seemed fine, but I wasn't in love their work. Because I'm very artistically inclined, I really wanted a photographer that had an artistic eye and would be able to capture more than some portraits with their hyperrealistic lens and attention to detail; it was important to me that the photographer captured the essence of the day, in all its beauty. When I visited Amber's website, I immediately fell in love and knew that THIS was exactly the kind of photographer I wanted: artistic, with an attention to beautiful details, patterns, landscapes, and, most importantly, the candid love that exists between two people getting married as well as between their friends and family. I was not disappointed: the photographs are BEAUTIFUL, more beautiful than I could have imagined. I can confidently say that no other photographer would have delivered with the same impact. In addition to her photography skills, she is just a very warm, kind and lovely person. This matters more than you might expect with your wedding day photographer, especially if you aren't used to being in front of the camera. I know that I am not usually comfortable in front of cameras and it usually shows in the photos, but she made me feel a lot more comfortable. I have also noticed that she has a particularly wonderful skill for composition and for positioning you in portraits so that you don't look awkward and uncomfortable. Not all photographers pay attention to that, and it makes a big difference. Amber is the best wedding photographer I have seen.

Sent on 02/17/2016

Mari · Married on 11/14/2015

Wow...we are so in love with our wedding photos. Amber did a beautiful job!

We met Amber at a wedding open house event when we first got engaged. Her work she displayed that day was so good, but we wanted to do some more looking around before we booked a photographer. We did our research and talked to some other photographers, but Amber's work still stood out as a favorite. We knew we had to set up a meeting with her, and I'm so glad we did!

Amber was super professional the entire day. She came prepared with her assistant and all of their equipment. Their confidence made us feel at ease and their positive attitudes even when some guest were getting in the way made us feel that much better.

It ended up being a rainy day on our wedding day, so the planned outdoor ceremony was moved indoors at the last minute. Fortunately, Amber was able to get some gorgeous shots even though we were mostly stuck indoors. The dancing was a huge part of our reception and Amber was able to capture some really great candid moments too.

Overall, we can't thank her enough. I would highly recommend Amber! : )

Sent on 02/27/2016

Lela · Married on 10/10/2015

After starting wedding planning a little late, one of my good friends who is a wedding designer in Austin recommended Amber to us. I feel so lucky that she still had our date available and cannot imagine anyone else capturing our day. Amber is an absolute professional in every way and this is extremely important on wedding day. She has such a calming and positive attitude which helped tremendously on our day as it was unusually hot for October. We had our wedding in a church and then reception at an indoor/outdoor venue but that day she actually took pictures at five different locations. There must have been a million different lighting variations, even awful flood lights at the venue, and every picture looks absolutely amazing. She captured every moment I had mentioned to her from pictures of my grandparents, guest dancing, to my families antique bowls and cake plates. I have always dreamed of having fireworks at my wedding and I cannot thank Amber enough for capturing that moment so perfectly! Also I had heard horror stories from my friends about it taking over 6 months to get their wedding photos and then waiting a year to get copies on a USB. Amber had our pictures done within a month and we received our USB shortly after in the sweetest box with extra pictures she had printed for us. It was so nice to be able to send my friends and family pictures from the wedding in thank you cards and frames. Honestly I could go on and on about how amazing and fabulous it was to have Amber be a part of our wedding. All of my friends and family raved about our pictures and had the absolute nicest things to say about Amber. Every single interaction with her whether it was on email, text or in person was delightful. She even helped me find the best floral designer, Sprout Flowers, when my original vendor dropped out! What more can you ask for!

Sent on 04/12/2016

Megan · Married on 09/26/2015

Amber, captured our special day so perfectly! She captured moments as we remember them and captured ones we didn't get to experience... and it feels like we were in those moments too! She is incredibly talented, and we feel so grateful to have met and worked with her...such a beautiful person inside and out and a lovely artist! Endless thanks to Amber for capturing our day, so we can treasure and reexperience it forever!! She captures the emotion of each moment and beauty of the surroundings. The colors in her photos are so rich and deep... simply amazing. I am so thankful I chose her to capture our most special day! If you choose Amber as your wedding photographer, there is no doubt that you will be beyond satisfied!!!

Sent on 12/11/2015

Amber Vickery Photography's reply:

It was such a pleasure capturing your beautiful day, Megan!! Thanks so much for the kind words!
  • W

Witt · Married on 04/25/2015

Amber is not only a very talented and professional photographer, she's great at making people feel at ease and working with groups of all ages. All of this is evident in the finished product. I would recommend her to anyone in the market for a top-tier shooter, and would hire her again without hesitation. She really felt like one of the guests (in the best way), and her ability to blend in with the party, the ceremony, and the scene as a whole allowed her get some really great candid shots. 5 stars, no question!

Sent on 06/28/2015

If I could, I would shout Amber's name from the rooftops! My husband and I are both in the design / photography industry. As such we are big time snobs when it comes to photography, and gorgeous wedding photos was TOP priority for us. Amber's work went above and beyond our expectations! The quality is absolutely stunning.

And if that weren't enough, she was a dream to work with! She was responsive and organized leading up to the event. On the day-of she was very skilled at making us feel comfortable during portraits, and also wrangling our crazy family, all with a big sweet smile on her face. She brought an assistant with her, and they seemed to make a great team.

I cannot recommend this lovely lady more highly!

Sent on 08/19/2015

Cate · Married on 04/11/2015

While wedding planning, I allotted most of my time to finding the perfect photographer. The wedding photos were the most important thing to me because they are one of the few lasting mementos you have from your big day. I knew as soon as I met with Amber that she was going to be perfect and I was not disappointed! She nailed every photo we discussed and perfectly captured the essence of the day. None of our photos appear posed or forced, they're artful. Her aesthetic is perfect. Amber was easy to work with and so friendly! (Kudos to her and her assistant for effortlessly dealing with my rowdy groomsmen.) Everything was edited beautifully and we got our photos back quickly! My only regret is that I didn't find her in time to do our engagement photos. We will definitely be using Amber in the future.

Sent on 07/01/2015

Sarah · Married on 01/03/2015

Amber and her assistant Rachel went above and beyond all of our expectations with their wedding photography. Before the wedding, Amber was a prompt communicator, always making sure she knew our portrait list and pose favorites, venue details, and contract info in a prompt amount of time. We had a stressful situation with our venue the day of the wedding (they didn't allow us in the building at the time our contract stated), and Amber and Rachel not only handled the situation very professionally but also reassured and calmed the entire wedding party during the process, making productive use of their time by taking pictures of the groomsmen. They captured all of the moments we wanted (and more!) with amazing high quality photography, using natural light as much as possible. Our guests raved about how fun Amber and Rachel were on the dance floor all night, snapping shots of everyone and even dancing while they did it! Amber edited the pictures quickly (5.5 weeks) and sent us a link with them, shortly followed by a fun package with a USB of all of our pictures and some small prints that we weren't expecting.

Sent on 03/15/2015

Amber Vickey's services were flawless-- she was reliable from day one when she responded to my inquiries about pricing within the hour of my submission. On the day of the wedding she arrived early, offered to stay a bit later, and was warm and encouraging to all guests that she photographed. Guests commented not only on how professional and friendly she was, but how her photographs were of enviable quality! I could not ask for more out of this vendor. If I ever need a photographer in the future, she will be my only choice.

Sent on 12/13/2013

Blair · Married on 10/05/2013

Amber is incredible.

I found her by sheer chance (luck!!!): I had been engaged for about 3 months. I was Googling a potential client and came across the girl's wedding photos, which were spectacular. Having already spoken (and rejected) four other photographers due to high prices or inflexibility, I was THRILLED when Amber agreed to come to "dangerous" Mexico City to shoot my day. Despite my small budget, I knew I wanted to bring someone from stateside, as finding someone with the right look and feel here was proving impossible.

The entire process of working with Amber was fun and easy. She's so laid back, and despite not speaking the language and dealing with our lack of organization (weddings aren't easy!), she went with the flow and never complained, even enjoyed herself. She's really good at making you feel comfortable in front of the camera, which was something my husband and I were nervous about! The value of what she does is over the top, but I suspect Amber's reasonable prices won't be around for long, as she will be in demand.

The images are absolutely incredible. Photography was where I was willing to splurge a bit (and thankfully, with Amber, as I said, the value was notable), and it was SOOOO worth it. The images are what we take away from our wedding day and have for the rest of our lives. Amber captures it perfectly and makes the entire process fun.

Seriously, hire her. Now.

Sent on 11/04/2013
  • Z

zakia · Married on 09/21/2013

Amber is truly a talented artist. She captured our wedding in the way we felt it in our hearts and captured moments we may have missed of how our guests cherished our day. Most of the wedding was done by us so the details were near and dear to our hearts, she paid special attention to all the little things that made our wedding special to the couple we are. She was responsive and professional as well as personable and receptive to any wish we had. Her easy and positive presence was ever present yet also flowed easily with the pace of our day. She was like an invisible well wisher tending to each special moment. She managed the group shots with laughter ease and dedication to her art. I feel truly blessed we chose Amber and she was available for our wedding day. We look forward to working with her again in the future!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Ally · Married on 09/14/2013

We absolutely adored Amber, she was a pleasure to work with and several guests and family members said the same thing not to mention her talent. Her aesthetic is inspired and our photos turned out beautifully---we love them. I would love to work with Amber in the future!

Sent on 10/21/2013

Amber is extremely professional, talented and easy to work with. She not only provides amazing and high quality pictures, but she has that unique talent to catch those personal moments. I would highly recommend her to anyone planning to seize those precious moments.

Sent on 09/13/2013

Audrea · Married on 06/07/2013

Amber is amazing!! She was so flex on schedule, easy to work with, made me laugh a lot, and most importantly - took SENSATIONAL photos!

Sent on 07/13/2013

Becky · Married on 06/02/2013

I can't give Amber enough stars! She is extremely talented and amazing.. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone I know. I had an elopement ceremony in the hill country, and I wanted my pictures to be extra special since we didn't have any witnesses at our ceremony. She completely blew me away with the moments that she captured! She also made us both feel so comfortable when neither of us are great in front of the camera. She has great energy, and was so much fun to work with! I couldn't be happier with my decision to work with Amber!

Sent on 06/27/2014