Amber Shaw Photography Reviews

40 | Orem, UT

40 Reviews for Amber Shaw Photography

40 Amber Shaw Photography Reviews

ADRIANA · Married on 08/04/2018

Choosing a photographer for our wedding was something I was very particular about, I mean the photos are what you have to remember after it's all said and done.... with that said, I am so incredibly lucky to have met Amber. She is a sweetheart and her work is amazing and completely surpassed my expectations. She made everything super easy from the beginning, including my engagements to the wedding day. Her pricing is on her website, which is super nice and transparent, and honestly for what you get; its a great deal.... And, I will never forget the small details she did for me on my wedding day; I truly felt lucky to have her by my side. I would 100% recommend Amber!

Jenny · Married on 04/26/2018

Amber is seriously the best photographer out there! My groom and I were a little camera shy to begin with, but she made us feel so comfortable. She's also very accommodating and let us design our package the way to fit our needs. She's very professional and works fast to get your pictures back to you in a timely manner. We LOVED all of our pictures!!! They don't look over edited or overexposed. She really does use the natural light to make the pictures look so beautiful and timeless. You will want to share your pictures with everyone! Not to mention she's literally the sweetest person ever!

Jessica · Married on 10/07/2017

Amber is so incredible!! First off, she got back to me right away...not two days later, I mean right away. This was huge for me, and is most definitely important when planning a wedding and you're looking for responses. She was willing to come to Kansas from Salt Lake City to photograph our wedding. And even though she was in a new place, the pictures she captured were amazing. She was flexible and willing to work with us, splitting her time into segments the day of my wedding (it was a Catholic wedding that lasted more than 12 hours) while still able to capture all the very important moments for us. I couldn't be happier with the pictures she edited for us. They were so colorful and the black and whites captured so much emotion. We continue to get compliments on them. She's also great to work with! She's friendly but still professional. I highly recommend Amber!

Amber Shaw Photography 1
    Amber Shaw Photography 2
    Amber Shaw Photography 3

Nicole · Married on 09/15/2017

I could not recommend Amber highly enough! We found her at a bridal expo and she did our engagements, bridal/pre-wedding, and wedding photos. She was very professional but also so much fun to work with and super down to earth. Our pictures turned out AMAZING! I swear I’m not joking when I say that I look at them ten times a day. She sent us a USB with our digital negatives and it was personalized with our names on it and put in a magnetized case with pictures on the front and back. I really appreciate the special touches she adds and the attention to detail. If you want a guaranteed amazing experience and top notch photos, you have to go with Amber Shaw!

Amber Shaw Photography 4
    Amber Shaw Photography 9
    Amber Shaw Photography 10
    Amber Shaw Photography 11

Maggie · Married on 09/09/2017

Besides the actual act of getting married, Amber was the best decision of our wedding! She did engagements, bridals, and our wedding day. I was continually impressed with Amber's professionalism and how she was on top of everything. Before I could even come up with a question to ask her she had already sent us all of the information we needed. We had a blast taking photos with her too, she made us feel so comfortable and it was actually fun! And I haven't even mentioned how AMAZING all of our photos turned out! I am beyond satisfied with every aspect of hiring Amber.

Amber Shaw Photography 12
    Amber Shaw Photography 13
    Amber Shaw Photography 14
  • Corinne & Jason

Corinne & Jason · Married on 08/06/2017

Oh my where do I even begin! Amber is top notch! Like, the absolute best of the best! This talented girl is just killing it at her young age! I cannot say enough good things about our experience with hiring Amber to photograph our engagements and wedding. I had a tough time when deciding on a photographer because I just don't know what to look for when deciding something like that! What made me realize she was so talented was I would look at dozens of photographers work in a week and always be drawn back to her website. Then it dawned on me her use of natural lighting and brightness in her photos was what caught my eye and I found so beautiful! Then I found out she loves our furry friends as much as me and the hubby do and well it was meant to be haha! We are so very happy we hired Amber and if you are still looking, stop. She is the one. She is so good at what she does and professional and prompt to reply, I could just go on and on. Thank you Amber. Thank you for capturing these very important moments in our lives. We will cherish them for so many years to come. Much love and happiness from us to you and your hubby and fur children ;) xoxo - Jason & Corinne Morton *All photos attached are Amber's work! @ambershawphotography

• Cami

Cami · Married on 05/03/2017

I seriously loved how easy and fun it was to work with Amber, and her pictures speak for themselves, AMAZING!!! Would recommend highly!!!

Nicole · Married on 04/21/2017

BEST PHOTOGRAPHER EVER! I am the mother of the bride. We got her information at the bridal expo. Didn't even meet. After going to her website we felt she matched our style. WE LUCKED OUT. Our engagements shoot was so much fun. The bride and groom had so much fun and the pictures are epic. We had so many it was impossible to choose. The First Look/Bridal/Groomals were also amazing. Everything she did was better that we agreed. She has turned into a family friend. The wedding dinner and wedding day was magical. Not only are we more that pleased with everything, but we also used her referrals for videographer and hair and make-up and they were all excellent. Whenever we spoke to any professional with our wedding when they asked who our photographer was the all raved "Oh Amber is the best". AGREED. In my opinion the photographer is the most important decision/expense with a wedding. Don't gamble, go for the best!

Nicole · Married on 04/01/2017

Amber came HIGHLY RECOMMENDED by the wedding planning staff at Snowbird Resort. Planning a destination wedding in Utah from Georgia, we felt extremely lucky to have been put in contact with an amazing artist such as Amber. She was so easy to get ahold of, accommodating, and incredibly creative. Out photos turned out wonderfully and she completely captured "us". I'd choose Amber again and again and again!

sarah · Married on 08/06/2016

Amber is such a talented photographer and a wonderful person all together! Her talent can be seen in her portfolio, but for brides still trying to decide if she is worth it let me tell you the many reasons you should choose her: she is very quick to respond to texts, calls and emails; she is incredibly flexible and worked with my husband and my chaotic schedule to accommodate our every need; at the wedding she blends in perfectly and acts like one of the family rather than a hired professional; she captures a balance of natural and posed photos and never made us feel uncomfortable; my husband hates taking photos and she worked with his personality VERY well; she gets photos back VERY quickly, as in a few weeks max, even though I know she is a busy and in demand photographer; she makes the most amazing photo books and disc of all photos PLUS a website of photos which makes it super easy to share with friends and family and download photos directly from the website; and lastly she is just an overall wonderful person, I cannot thank Amber enough for all she has done for my family and I hope you choose to put your trust in her for your special day as well!

As a side note: Amber did our engagement photos, wedding photos, and bride/groom photos.

I absolutely loved working with Amber. She was so sweet, easy to talk to, quick to respond, and very enthusiastic. Our pictures are beautiful!

Mykel · Married on 06/18/2016

Amber was wonderful to work with throughout the year of our engagement. She always responded in a quickly manner and provided many details that I would've had no idea about. She was very professional and easy to feel comfortable around. I would highly recommend her work to anyone and I can't wait to see the rest of our wedding photos. She photographed our Engagement, Bridals, and Wedding.

Catherine · Married on 06/07/2016

Amber was excellent! She promptly answered questions, made sure our experience was smooth, and we loved the pictures! Really fun and easy to work with, and her prices are extremely reasonable given what you get, especially compared to other photographers we looked at. I would highly recommend her to anyone. Really pleased with our overall experience.

Morghan · Married on 06/04/2016

Where do I even begin?? Amber was an absolute DREAM to work with. My original photographer fell through last minute so I contacted her with such short notice and she was so quick to get back to me and immediately left me feeling completely stress free. I loved that she had such a wide range of places to shoot, and loved even more that she had photos of previous shoots at every place. It made choosing so much easier! You can tell Amber genuinely loves what she does and takes the time to make every one of her clients feel special and beautiful. By the end of the session you'll feel like it was just one of your good friends taking your photos! My fiancé and I couldn't be more pleased. It was everything we could've asked for, and then some.

Christen · Married on 03/12/2016

Amber's services are impeccable! I'm not from Utah but due to work schedules with my fiance our engagements need to happy in Salt Lake, where he lives. This was intimidating initially but Amber provided a list of amazing locations with photos and that made choosing (all the way from Texas) much much easier. Amber made us so comfortable throughout our session and our photos turned out great! She is so prompt and easy to work with. We had access to many photos online the very next day and had our photo disc in the most beautifully personalized case the next week. I can't say enough good things about Amber or her skills. She is SO so talented. If you need a wedding photographer, look no further. You will not be disappointed.

Amber was absolutely FABULOUS at communication. From the first day that I contacted her to see if she would even be available for our wedding, up until everything was finished (wedding album, etc.) she ALWAYS got back to me within 24 hours, but often it was even sooner than that! That was super important to me as a bride. Also, I am extremely picky when it comes to photography (ask anyone who has ever taken a photo for me). I always notice when a picture is blurry or if it's out of focus, or the wrong thing is in focus.... etc. ....Amber did such a good job in this aspect as well. Her online site definitely speaks for her photography skills! My husband and I were both very impressed. Without even having to ask, she went above and beyond in suggesting where to park, where to meet and where to take photos. She was also very professional and was willing to take some photos that i specifically had in mind previously. Our needs didn't fit any of her pre-made packages but she was easy to work with and adjusted some things so that a package would better suit our needs. She was incredible and I would definitely recommend her as your wedding photographer. You won't regret it. I don't. :)

Andee · Married on 10/24/2015

Amber is seriously thee greatest! She was so helpful in helping me decide where to take engagements at and bridals. She gives so many options and even sends you a list of places you can do pictures at and she attaches previous couples pictures to you! What I really appreciated too is it was suppose to rain on my engagement picture day and Amber notified me many days before and was so flexible in helping me with another day! Such a thoughtful photographer. She's really great at catching your personalities and really knows what poses work best. I love all my photos from my engagements, bridals and even my wedding day! I would refer Amber to anyone and everyone. I don't regret my decision at all.

Patty · Married on 10/04/2015

When I was planning my wedding, my first vendor that I hired was another photographer. Everything was great until we signed the contract and paid the deposit. After that it was impossible to get a hold of her to schedule engagements, talk about locations, etc. After a few more problems I talked to my fiance and explained the situation. He agreed that we needed to look elsewhere.
    In the meantime I started seeing Amber's work on social media and was totally in love!! When I emailed Amber she immediately returned my email. I wasn't immediately sold on her yet, but after I paid the deposit and she sent me the information with all the locations she shoots at, as well as the cost to shoot at that location along with links from previous shoots so I could get an idea on what it would look like. She also listed her dates she had available! I was elated!!! I felt a level of stress fall away from my body. I showed my fiance and told him that this is how its done!!!!
    Amber is amazing to work with, we were both very nervous about a photo session however both of us relaxed immediately when we met her. She is one of the nicest and most amazing person you will ever meet.
    She is very prompt, we received our pictures back in a few days! Not weeks! Which helps tremendously if you are on a tight schedule.
    I absolutely LOVE all my photos and we have received so many compliments about them all the time.
    I cannot say enough good things about Amber, I am soo thankful that I decided to hire a Amber! She made our wedding very special.

Andrea · Married on 08/15/2015

What can I even say? Amber is absolutely amazing. Not only does she take absolutely breathtaking photos, but she is absolutely the sweetest, and easiest person to work with. She made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera, which comes through in the amazing photos. She captured our wedding day perfectly and left no detail out. An absolute 10!!

Amber was flexible with us for our engagement shoots. Yes Two! She allowed me to exchange a bridal session with an additional engagement shoot so we could do one in the winter and one in the summer. She was speedy with editing our photos, always ahead of schedule. She was nothing less than amazing to work with and provided us with AMAZING photos we can cherish forever!

Janessa · Married on 08/08/2015

Amber did such an amazing job! She makes you feel so comfortable and provides such a fun environment. She stays on top of everything and makes you feel like you're her one and only client! She is so easy to work with, and is all about capturing the perfect moments from your special day! Our pictures turned out perfectly, I wouldn't change anything! Amber is a very talented photographer!! I'm so extremely happy with the way everything turned out!

Katherine · Married on 07/30/2015

Amber Shaw is excellent. Responsive, professional, easy to work with, reasonable price. Gorgeous photos! She's flexible and will make you feel at ease, but she's also extremely professional and will do what it takes to get the best pictures. Her turnaround for editing and delivering photos is ridiculously quick. Highly, highly recommended. One of the best decisions we made for our wedding. (Note: we got the bridals/groomals + wedding + reception package.)

Shannon · Married on 07/11/2015

I LOVED working with Amber. She is very professional, personable, genuine and fun. My husband and I are not models but she showed us how to pose and made us look GOOD. She was very good at communicating where to met, what to do and what to expect from her. Her photos are also very beautiful. She has mastered lighting. Our friend, who is a professional videographer, called her 'the God of light.' haha I am SO happy with all of our photos. She was considerate to always ask us if we wanted more photos of anything and she had a quick turn around time. She is worth every penny and now I have photos I can cherish the rest of my life.

Madison · Married on 07/10/2015

Amber was such a delight to work with. She is highly professional and also personable. I was so impressed with everything she did for us. She made my husband and I feel completely comfortable while taking photos. She knew exactly how to pose us in order to get the perfect photograph. She made all of our photoshoots fun and memorable.
    Amber has a great list of locations to choose from, which made the process simple and stress free.
    Our wedding day went so smoothly. She organized our families with ease for group photos. She made sure everyone knew where they were supposed to be during photographs. After the family photos, Amber got some gorgeous shots of my husband and I at the wedding venue.
    I cannot emphasize enough how happy I am that I selected Amber Shaw to photograph my engagements, bridals and wedding day photos. She is so talented, and great to work with. I absolutely recommend Amber Shaw Photography. Follow her on Instagram @ambershawphotography for some samples of her work.

My husband and I have been so happy with all of our services from Amber! She is so nice and easy to work with. She made us feel so comfortable and relaxed while shooting our engagements and wedding day photos. We got so many compliments on our sign in book for the wedding as well as compliments on simply how nice she was to all of our guests. We have been so happy with our photos and would recommend her to anyone!