Amber Kay Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
    Amanda Married on 12/02/2017
    Exceptional!! I got married in Richmond, VA on 12/2, and I can't say enough about Amber!! Saying we were happy with our photos is an understatement--they are amazing! I got so many compliments!! She was so easy to work with and captured our big day perfectly--she got all the moments that were most important to us and thousands more! I can't say enough!! If you need a photographer she is the best around!
    Cynthia-Katherine Married on 05/27/2017
    Simply the best. Amber and her assistant were very good in all aspects of the day and even helped us to cut the cake in a way that would photograph the best.
    Paige Married on 03/10/2017
    From the very beginning, Amber was such a joy to work with. After signing with her, my fiancé and I received a care package in the mail congratulating and welcoming us! Amber includes an engagement session in her pricing- which is PRICELESS. We had a blast getting to know her during that time, and were assured after seeing those stunning pictures that she would do a fantastic job at our wedding. Photography was one of our most important aspects of our day, and we never doubted for a moment that Amber would deliver anything but excellence. She kept us laughing, took unbelievable photos, and is such an artist at her craft. I cannot say enough wonderful things about her and her team. Thank you so very much, Amber. You made our engagement and wedding so special just by being there!
    Colleen Married on 10/09/2016
    My husband and I absolutely LOVE all of our photos from our engagement session and more importantly our wedding day. Amber truly knows how to capture those candid moments that can not be posed. She is amazing to work with and highly recommended!!
    Jennifer Married on 05/28/2016
    We chose Amber more than 2 years ago for our wedding which had to be postponed (long story) but she was happy to hold the deposit and accommodate our new date in this May to tie the knot at Thorpewood! Amber was amazing to work with and went above and beyond to get the perfect pictures and make sure to include the specific shots we asked for, as well as many other amazing and creative images! I'm a photographer myself and can be very picky about photos - especially of myself - but Amber blew me away!
  • Amber
    Amber Married on 04/23/2016
    Amber is brilliant at capturing those perfect memorable moments!! She always manages to get just the right shot. We truly enjoyed having her photograph our wedding. My only wish is that she would also do baby photoshoots...I would have chosen her to photograph my newborn in a heartbeat!

-Amber Eley
    Aime Married on 04/15/2016
    I would highly recommend this photographer. She captured moments throughout our entire wedding day that I would have never even thought of or imagined would be a great picture to have and to cherish. Her attention to detail and creativity with each photo made it one of a kind. I personally don't like being photographed by other people because I hate not having the control, but Amber made the it exciting, fun, and most of all easy. Our entire photograph experience during our wedding was the least stressful part about the entire day.
  • Kathryn
    Kathryn Married on 01/29/2016
    We are so happy with our wedding pictures and Amber is a delight to work with!! We will be cherishing our beautiful photos forever and we have Amber's talent and artistic eye to thank- she is the best!
    Samantha Married on 10/10/2015
    Amber is AMAZING all around! She is friendly, fun, thoughtful, patient (this comes in very handy during family grp shots!), funny, and warm. Her presence is calming and she will go above and beyond for you. We love her style of photography, we think she produces beautiful, creative, romantic, high quality images, and we are extremely happy with our engagement and wedding photos. We plan on using her again in the future!!
    Jennifer Married on 09/05/2015
    I was so happy with the services provided by Amber. She takes absolutely stunning photos and she is so very personable. My friends and family loved her at the wedding as well! I suggest her to ANYONE looking to have a friendly photographer who will take amazing photos!
    Meredith Married on 05/30/2015
    Amber and her team were great to work with! They were a lot of fun and flexible. We had to do some quick shots before weather hit and she picked up and went. I'd use her again : )
    Anna Married on 10/18/2014
    Amber has been the most professional, friendly and fun photographer! I am so happy that my parents met her at a bridal expo they went to after I got engaged-she has been so easy to work with and has provided the most stellar product. I LOVE all of our engagement and wedding photos and am so proud to share them with family and friends. Amber was super patient and understanding on our wedding day, which I really appreciated. I'll be sure to use Amber's photography genius again in the future when we decide to have kids and want family photos!
    Rachel Married on 10/04/2014
    Amber was great, so easy to work with. I didn't have a lot of ideas or wants when it came to the photography except that I wanted everything photographed start to finish. I thought she did a wonderful job capturing the raw moments. Going back the only thing I would change was more time for photos with my husband and I before the reception but that was my own fault.
    Ambers photos were super high quality and ordering and sharing were very easy after the wedding. I highly recommend her!
    Danielle Married on 09/27/2014
    Amber is a pleasure to work with. She is delightful, patient and easy going. Her work is exquisite. She captured every detail from our wedding day. I would recommend Amber to any couple getting hitched.
    Heather Married on 09/21/2014
    Amazing pictures! I can't say enough good things about amber if I tried. She's an incredible photographer and equally as amazing person!
  • Z
    Zoey Married on 06/07/2014
    Amber shot our wedding and our engagement session as well. She is fun and professional and knows how to make you feel comfortable and relax. She gets these beautiful shots of moments that will leave you in awe. Everyone who has seen our wedding photos has mentioned what a fantastic job she did and how beautiful every single image is. I honestly can not pick a favorite. She provided us with hundreds of absolutely fantastic pictures. I would 100% recommend her to anyone looking for photographs from engagement sessions to the wedding and anything in between. We will be using Amber throughout our marriage for our photos!
    Robert Married on 05/17/2014
    We hired Amber to shoot our intimate wedding at Great Falls National Park. After seeing some samples of her work I knew she would be perfect and was delighted she was free that day and able to photograph the wedding and take some bride and groom portraits following the ceremony. She did an amazing job and was a dream to work with. She captured all of these beautiful, little, intimate moments perfectly. My wife and I couldn't be happier with the bride and groom portraits. The pictures are perfect and capture the day so well and I feel lucky we were able to get her for our wedding.
    Robin` Event on: 04/27/2014
    2010 was our daughter's high school graduation. Amber captured our daughter so perfectly that in 2011 we again turned to her for our son's graduation. Again, she did a FANTASTIC job. And when that same daughter graduated from college in 2014 she was called on to take those pictures too. PERFECTION!!! So it was a no-brainer when our other daughter got engaged and our first words were "let's hope Amber isn't busy that day!!!". She took stunning engagement pictures, and in 3 days she will be capturing our daughter's wedding! I know without a doubt those pictures will be everything we had ever talked about!!! We will sing her praises and pass her name to everyone we know!!!! She's EXCELLENT!!!
    Angela Married on 03/09/2014
    Amber is absolutely wonderful! I actually went to college with Amber and that's where we met, so when I got married, I flew her in to do my wedding. Not only is she great to work with, but her work is amazing. She makes everyone feel comfortable. The photos are awesome and everyone, myself included, loves them! I would recommend Amber to anyone looking for great pictures that you can treasure forever.
  • User1648007 2+ years ago
    I don't think our wedding would have been what it was without Amber Kay Photography. After seeing the quality of her photos from a friend's wedding and her flexibility in meeting up with our crazy schedule I knew she was going to be our photographer. Her personality is stellar, she put everyone at ease from the word go and she was always willing to roll with the changes we had to make. Amber Kay Photography is professional, but easy going and feels like part of the family as opposed to an uninterested observer of the day. Then you get the high quality, fantastic photographs, They blew us away at how gorgeous we all looked and how perfectly Amber captured the day. Do yourself a favor and get on her schedule now before it books solid, quality photographers who are personable don't sit idle long.
    Tahirah Married on 10/11/2013
    Amber took our engagement and wedding photos and did an absolutely excellent job. She was personable and made everything feel natural and easy for us. If there is another occasion in which we need photos-there is no other person we would even entertain calling! Amber is the personification of what it is to not only love what you do, but to have it show through in your work.
    Lesly Married on 09/28/2013
    Amber is professional, funny, easy going, and energetic. Our bridal party LOVED her and her second shooter, Kyle, which made the day so much more fun. I can't tell you how important it is that you and your party get along with your photographer considering you're spending all day with them! It's been nearly 9 months since the wedding, but every time we run into one of our guests they ALWAYS tell us how fantastic our pictures turned out.

All in all, I would not hesitate for one second in recommending Amber and her services. And trust me, her prices beat all of the other photographers in her league. We're even planning on hiring her for a family photo session with my parents and siblings!
  • User1646102 2+ years ago
    What an amazing photographer and person. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. Amber listened to exactly what we wanted, was creative and flexible and a true joy to work with. The pictures were beautiful and we had a hard time choosing for our album because we loved them all.

She caught moments we hadn't even thought about and made us look amazing. Her assistant for the day was also great. They caught everything but were never in the way. She also kept us on track and made sure we got all the pictures we listed we wanted.

Amber gets my highest praise and my strongest recommendation
    Mara Married on 06/08/2013
    Amber was the picture of professionalism and really easy to work with. She provided guidance that really helped us figure our how we wanted her to photograph the wedding. The final product was more than I could have ever imagined! Everyone has commented on how amazing our pictures are and I could not agree more. These pictures will last a lifetime and Amber took AMAZING shots, good luck finding just one favorite!
    R-T Married on 05/25/2013
    Amber is a rad photographer and a lot of fun to work with. She is extememly responsive and thorough in answering questions. During our engagement shoot and wedding day, my husband and I felt more like we were hanging out with a friend since Amber is so personable, friendly, and helpful. My husband and I both get distracted easily and aren't the best with time management (we just want to have fun). Amber kept us on task in order to get all of the pictures we requested and we got to our reception in a very timely manner. The pictures themselves are beautiful. Amber did a wonderful job with our portraits, but she did an absolutely amazing job capturing moments. This was really important to me because the whole day went so fast, and though it was fun and wonderful, it's kind of blury in memory now. I am so glad we had such a fantastic photographer to capture so much of the day.