Amber Grove Reviews

28 | Moseley, VA

28 Reviews for Amber Grove

• Lindsey

Lindsey Matthews · Getting married on 10/23/2020

LOVE working with John at Amber Grove!

John is so awesome to work with. He's professional and flexible to accommodate our needs and budget, and his venue is some homey and personal. We can't wait to get married there!

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • REGINA

REGINA · Getting married on 06/20/2020

Professional & Kind Hearted

WE MET WITH THE MANAGER OF AMBER GROVE AND HE WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND KNOWLEDGEABLE. WE LOVED HOW HE TOOK TIME OUT TO EXPLAIN HIS HISTORY AND THE HISTORY OF HIS PLACE.

Sent on 10/22/2019

Amber Grove's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. Amber Grove means everything to me and I love sharing it with wonderful couples like you and Steven. I look forward to helping you have a special day that everyone will remember.
  • Mary

Mary Angel · Married on 11/23/2019

Amber Grove was everything I dreamed of!

My husband and I got married at Amber Grove in November 2019. We had the most AMAZING experience through the whole process. John was absolutely amazing and walked us through every step. He was always available and answered all of my questions. Everyone says that planning a wedding is so stressful, but John eased all of my worries and made the whole experience a memorable one! We can't wait for future events at Amber Grove!

Sent on 03/03/2020

Kate · Married on 10/26/2019

Perfect Wedding Venue!

Amber Grove has everything you need to make your dream wedding come true! We chose to have our ceremony under the large tree but had comfort knowing the beautiful barn was available if it rained on our day. The inside of the house provided a perfect intimate setting for cocktail hour and guests were free to roam about the beautiful, well-manicured grounds outside the house as well. The tent was the ultimate reception location offering flexibility depending on the time of year (heat, AC, roll up sides). There was ample space inside the tent to set up the reception however we wanted. A large dance floor provided space for our guests to dance and celebrate throughout the night. Amber Grove requires the use of their food which, as we heard from countless guests through the night, was the best wedding food they’ve ever had. Everything we ate was fantastic and we’ve enjoyed eating leftovers for days after the event.

The best thing about Amber Grove, however, is the owner John McBride. John has a passion for what he does and it shows every time you talk to him. He has 20+ years of experience hosting weddings under his belt and his constant improvements to Amber Grove prove that he truly cares about every bride (and groom!) that walk through the front door. Amber Grove was the first venue we toured and none of the others we found came close to Amber Grove’s value. Take a tour and see for yourself!

Sent on 11/29/2019
  • Megan

Megan Charland · Married on 10/12/2019

John is one-of-a-kind. I was blown away by my entire experience.

I highly recommend this venue to anyone who wants a more personal, and down-to-earth feel to their wedding. John is an amazing host and I was and still am so grateful for him.

Sent on 02/15/2020

Jordan · Married on 06/01/2019

Simply Amazing

When I chose Amber Grove for my venue I knew I was at the right place. John (the owner) is so responsive to emails & calls. He was always willing to answer any question that I had. He was so helpful the day of setting up & giving advice for the best way to do things. It is a added plus that the table cloths, chair, and tables are all there for you to use (no outside vendor). The food is absolutely amazing & everyone loved it. His staff, especially Lori went above and beyond for my rehearsal dinner & reception. If there was anything to be done she did it without hesitation. I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day & for a more perfect venue. HIGHLY RECOMMED.

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 07/21/2018

Historic, cozy hospitality

We adored our wedding at Amber Grove! John McBride, the venue owner and coordinator extraordinaire, was wonderful to work with. We had no need for a wedding planner, as he served as the master of ceremonies and our go-to for all wedding needs.

The venue itself is beautiful, and has flowers blooming all through the spring and summer months. I especially loved the size of the tented reception area and the rain-safe barn option for the ceremony. Our 130 guests fit very comfortably in the space. The grounds were also perfect for yard games and for the nieces and nephews to run around.

What we heard most about from our guests was the food! Guests loved the delicious and filling southern-style comfort food we chose for our wedding. It was also reasonably priced!

Amber Grove is a well-oiled wedding venue thanks to John McBride and his team. Our wedding went off without a hitch, and we would recommend it to anyone.

Sent on 06/22/2019

Maggie · Married on 05/25/2018

I'm so glad we chose to have our wedding at Amber Grove. We had family coming from all over, so we wanted a place to have good food, friends, and views - Amber Grove knocked it out of the park. From having folks ooh and aah over the barn setup for the ceremony to continuing to remember the delicious food weeks after the event, it was definitely a hit. They were so easy to work with and made setting up all the little details a breeze. Also, pretty much all of our guests took pictures on the "bride swing" which was adorable to watch.

Sent on 07/01/2018

Sheree · Married on 04/28/2018

I can't say enough great things about Amber Grove and John. I was picturing an outdoor ceremony when we were touring venues, but it was important that the back up rain plan be functional and pretty as well. When we saw the barn at Amber Grove, we both fell in love with it and decided it would be the ceremony site regardless of weather. John was very accommodating and let us do another tour with additional family members before we signed the contract. He was always prompt in responding to my emails. We met a couple of times to go over the menu and details, and he always offered advice when I hadn't decided on something yet. He ran the rehearsal for us on Friday, and our family loved him. For the wedding he was always there when we needed him without hovering around. The food was amazing! John promised we wouldn't leave hungry, and he was right. A waiter brought us some passed appetizers right after the ceremony before we started pictures. For dinner we chose to lead the line through the buffet. We both had plenty to eat and were still so full by dessert that we could barely eat any. Several guests told me it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. Then we had a bag of boxed food for us to take to the hotel. Neither of us was hungry still, but I was happy to see they had even packed a few of our donuts for us. Everything with Amber Grove ran smoothly throughout the day. The bartenders and staff were great, always friendly and helpful. I definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Brecklyn · Married on 03/24/2018

We absolutely LOVED getting to work with John at Amber Grove in planning our wedding! The whole day was absolutely perfect and if we could do it all again we would do it the same way! John made the planning easy in being very upfront with all of the costs and everything that is included. The food was delicious, decorations needed were minimal because the location is absolutely beautiful, and for the 5 hours booked everything went so smooth and just as planned!

Sent on 04/07/2018

Amanda · Married on 12/02/2017

We looked at a number of venues and this was the one that stood out from the rest. We loved the fact that there was a dedicated separate space for the ceremony and a separate space for the reception all on the same property--and beautiful spaces at that!! John is amazing!! He's great to work with--you give him your vision and he works to make that a reality--he makes the process smooth, easy, and is very responsive! Our day went off without a hitch! We got so many compliments about the gorgeous property and delicious food. If I had to do it all again, I wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 01/11/2018

Amy · Married on 09/09/2017

Amber Grove create the most perfect canvas for my perfect wedding day. Everything they had to offer was absolutely fabulous! The food was spectacular, the grounds perfect, and the service was above and beyond anything I had expected. When choosing a venue, my husband and I knew instantly this was the perfect place for us after visiting Amber Grove. If you are looking for a beautiful venue to make your dreams come true, please put Amber Grove at the top of your list! You will thank me later!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Ashley · Married on 08/26/2017

My wife and I were impressed with Amber Grove from the moment we pulled in the long beautiful drive. The scenery surrounding the old bed and breakfast consists of a rustic barn, rolling fields, a weeping willow tree, a swaying tree swing that is a must for bridal pictures, a warm fire-pit and a gorgeously lit white reception tent. John McBride, owner of Amber Grove, has thought of it all! He was an absolute pleasure to work with, answering our endless questions with ease and patience, providing suggestions for small details that we couldn't decide on and making the entire process FUN!!! Thank you John, we will be back to enjoy a drink on your beautiful front porch soon! :)

Sent on 09/24/2017

Kristina · Married on 06/17/2017

John McBride at Amber Grove is absolutely amazing. He was so incredibly helpful in every aspect of planning for my wedding, I can't imagine getting married anywhere else. The venue was beautiful, the food was delicious and I could not recommend Amber Grove and John more!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Samantha · Married on 05/21/2017

I had an amazing wedding here! The venue is beautiful, the food is delicious, and the owner John was so helpful in making everything run smoothly! You won't regret getting married here!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Stephanie · Married on 05/30/2015

We couldn't have picked a better Venue! First off the location is BEAUTIFUL! We heard so many compliments from our guests who loved our wedding. John works hard to make sure everything is taken care of, and even ran to the back of the kitchen because one of my guests said she loved the bacon from our Mac&cheese bar. When the wedding was over his staff had all of our food and decorations from the house packed up and ready to go. You will not regret booking your wedding or special event here.

Sent on 07/21/2015

What an absolutely amazing experience! We got married at Amber Grove in April and I am so glad we choose such an amazing venue. John is an absolute gem!! He is there to help and guide you every step of the way, we had a flawlessly executed wedding and we were able to sit backhand truly enjoy our big day!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Amber Grove is exactly the kind of venue I wanted to hold my wedding ceremony and reception. The house, barn, and reception area is so beautiful! Mr. McBride is so helpful in giving you ideas and allows you to come by anytime to get ideas for your coming day. I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 12/09/2014

John McBride, the owner of Amber Grove, truly helped make our day a day to remember! He was so helpful and patient!

Sent on 06/08/2014

missie · Married on 04/12/2014

John does an amaZing job making sure the bride is stress free the day of the wedding. The outdoor landscape speaks for itself. It is absolutely stunning, and the food is oh so tasty!

Sent on 05/21/2014

John is AWESOME. He has done so many weddings he knows exactly how everything should go, you don't even need your own wedding planner. I highly recommend John and his team to any couples looking for a venue.

Sent on 09/14/2013
  • Libbe

Libbe · Married on 06/02/2012

Couldn't have picked a better place to have our wedding! Got SO many compliments on the location and the food. Multiple guests commented that this was the best place they had gone to for a wedding. John made everything so easy for us. Had such a peaceful, stress free day! Nothing went wrong. Bartender = Awesome! Will recommend to everyone! Can't wait to see what the photographer saw that day!!!

Sent on 06/06/2012
  • Kaelyn

Kaelyn · Married on 09/17/2011

My husband and I are so happy we picked Amber Grove for our wedding! Everything was wonderful and all of our guests had such a great time! The owner, John McBride, is wonderful and will make sure the bride and groom do not have to stress at all on their wedding day. The food and service was amazing as well and all our guests keep talking about the wonderful food!

I would highly recommend Amber Grove if you want a stress free wedding day.

Sent on 10/03/2011
  • Lesley

Lesley · Married on 05/01/2010

John McBride of Amber Grove provides superior services. Both in his assistance in planning and organizing the day as well as proving the most beatiful venue available. He takes pride in his talents. You will not find the same services for the price or the persoal touch.

Sent on 05/30/2010

Christopher · Married on 06/04/2016

My wife and I loved Amber Grove the minute we took the tour. This was the first and last venue we looked at. John has made this the perfect venue for anyone who wants an outdoor wedding. We loved the barn option for our ceremony, but ended up choosing to get married in front of the gazebo. Throughout our preparation for the wedding, John did an amazing job explaining all of our options and helping us to make the right choices for our special occasion. In addition to the wedding, we chose to have the rehearsal dinner here as well. This allowed us to set up the decorations a day earlier, which turned out to be very helpful. The food for both the rehearsal and reception were superb. After speaking with our guests, they complimented the food as well as the venue. We loved this place and we're happy we chose Amber Grove as our rehearsal dinner and wedding venue. We highly recommend this venue to anyone. Thanks John!

Sent on 09/05/2016