Amber Grove Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Monika
    Monika A. Married on 06/19/2021

Dream Wedding Venue!

I cannot praise Amber Grove enough. The venue search process was so stressful, until we found Amber Grove. I was so tired of looking at venues that were either going to break the bank or were not what we had imagined. But then on a Monday in November, my Husband found AG and I shot off an inquiry at 9:45pm....I had a response from the owner, John, by 9:51pm. When we toured AG the next day, we knew Amber Grove was it! The venue is beyond beautiful, John is wonderful to work with (the responsiveness takes the cake!), and our day was incredible. I think the photos can speak for the beauty, but for the rest.... One of my pregnant friends told me the day after the wedding that she had a "food-hangover" because the food was so amazing at AG! The food is amazing but confirmation like that is all you need! Also the drinks...John's bartenders are SO GOOD...our speciality cocktails were Kentucky mules and john dalys and our friends are still talking about how good these drinks were! John let us bring reception supplies to the venue a day early which also saved so much stress and work on the day of the wedding. The staff even packaged up to-go boxes of food and put them in our getaway car at the end of the night!! My husband and I could really relax and enjoy the day! I am just sad that it's over because we really enjoyed our time planning with John! AG is a dream.
  • Tina
    Tina H. Married on 05/08/2021

Phenomenal Experience

Our wedding event this past weekend could not have gone off better! Planning a wedding during the COVID pandemic has been quite the process. John made planning easy and stress free. We had an absolutely beautiful wedding this past weekend (May 8, 2021). John was with us every step of the way! (I am the mother of the bride and am extremely thankful for all John's guidance!) The grounds of Amber Grove are spectacularly gorgeous! On top of the normal decorations, the surrounding area was popping with beautiful greenery and flowers. The staff at Amber Grove could not have been more welcoming and accommodating. The food was not your typical wedding food, it was DELICIOUS!! I just cannot give enough praise and thanks for John and his staff! Thank you for everything!!

Tina,
    Dani’s wedding was a pure joy for me. I am happy you felt the same. Thank you for your kind words.
  • Ally
    Ally C. Married on 04/24/2021

4/24/21 wedding

John is literally the best. Our wedding was better than expected. If there were any issues John takes care of it all and makes it unknown to the bride which is great because as the bride we worry about random things already. I felt very comfortable and not stressed on our wedding day.
    Also the venue itself is GORGEOUS! And so many ceremony spot options. Would recommend this venue to any and everyone!

Ally,
    Your wedding was beautiful and, more importantly, fun to everyone that was here. You are welcome back anytime.
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey M. Married on 10/23/2020

LOVE working with John at Amber Grove!

John is so awesome to work with. He's professional and flexible to accommodate our needs and budget, and his venue is some homey and personal. We can't wait to get married there!
    Heather K. Married on 09/26/2020

Best wedding venue!!!

Amber Grove is the most beautiful place to get married. John was so helpful and definitely made sure to make it the best day. He cares about each couple and all the details. He does his absolute best to meet every need and want you have, even in the midst of a worldwide pandemic! I would recommend his venue over and over again!!

Amber Grove's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. You, Colton and your mother were a dream to work with. You two are always welcome at Amber Grove.
  • REGINA
    Regina Married on 06/20/2020

Professional & Kind Hearted

WE MET WITH THE MANAGER OF AMBER GROVE AND HE WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND KNOWLEDGEABLE. WE LOVED HOW HE TOOK TIME OUT TO EXPLAIN HIS HISTORY AND THE HISTORY OF HIS PLACE.

Amber Grove's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. Amber Grove means everything to me and I love sharing it with wonderful couples like you and Steven. I look forward to helping you have a special day that everyone will remember.
  • Mary
    Mary A. Married on 11/23/2019

Amber Grove was everything I dreamed of!

My husband and I got married at Amber Grove in November 2019. We had the most AMAZING experience through the whole process. John was absolutely amazing and walked us through every step. He was always available and answered all of my questions. Everyone says that planning a wedding is so stressful, but John eased all of my worries and made the whole experience a memorable one! We can't wait for future events at Amber Grove!
    Kate Married on 10/26/2019

Perfect Wedding Venue!

Amber Grove has everything you need to make your dream wedding come true! We chose to have our ceremony under the large tree but had comfort knowing the beautiful barn was available if it rained on our day. The inside of the house provided a perfect intimate setting for cocktail hour and guests were free to roam about the beautiful, well-manicured grounds outside the house as well. The tent was the ultimate reception location offering flexibility depending on the time of year (heat, AC, roll up sides). There was ample space inside the tent to set up the reception however we wanted. A large dance floor provided space for our guests to dance and celebrate throughout the night. Amber Grove requires the use of their food which, as we heard from countless guests through the night, was the best wedding food they’ve ever had. Everything we ate was fantastic and we’ve enjoyed eating leftovers for days after the event.

The best thing about Amber Grove, however, is the owner John McBride. John has a passion for what he does and it shows every time you talk to him. He has 20+ years of experience hosting weddings under his belt and his constant improvements to Amber Grove prove that he truly cares about every bride (and groom!) that walk through the front door. Amber Grove was the first venue we toured and none of the others we found came close to Amber Grove’s value. Take a tour and see for yourself!
  • Megan
    Megan C. Married on 10/12/2019

John is one-of-a-kind. I was blown away by my entire experience.

I highly recommend this venue to anyone who wants a more personal, and down-to-earth feel to their wedding. John is an amazing host and I was and still am so grateful for him.
    Jordan Married on 06/01/2019

Simply Amazing

When I chose Amber Grove for my venue I knew I was at the right place. John (the owner) is so responsive to emails & calls. He was always willing to answer any question that I had. He was so helpful the day of setting up & giving advice for the best way to do things. It is a added plus that the table cloths, chair, and tables are all there for you to use (no outside vendor). The food is absolutely amazing & everyone loved it. His staff, especially Lori went above and beyond for my rehearsal dinner & reception. If there was anything to be done she did it without hesitation. I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day & for a more perfect venue. HIGHLY RECOMMED.
  • Kelly
    Kelly Married on 07/21/2018

Historic, cozy hospitality

We adored our wedding at Amber Grove! John McBride, the venue owner and coordinator extraordinaire, was wonderful to work with. We had no need for a wedding planner, as he served as the master of ceremonies and our go-to for all wedding needs.

The venue itself is beautiful, and has flowers blooming all through the spring and summer months. I especially loved the size of the tented reception area and the rain-safe barn option for the ceremony. Our 130 guests fit very comfortably in the space. The grounds were also perfect for yard games and for the nieces and nephews to run around.

What we heard most about from our guests was the food! Guests loved the delicious and filling southern-style comfort food we chose for our wedding. It was also reasonably priced!

Amber Grove is a well-oiled wedding venue thanks to John McBride and his team. Our wedding went off without a hitch, and we would recommend it to anyone.
    Maggie Married on 05/25/2018
    I'm so glad we chose to have our wedding at Amber Grove. We had family coming from all over, so we wanted a place to have good food, friends, and views - Amber Grove knocked it out of the park. From having folks ooh and aah over the barn setup for the ceremony to continuing to remember the delicious food weeks after the event, it was definitely a hit. They were so easy to work with and made setting up all the little details a breeze. Also, pretty much all of our guests took pictures on the "bride swing" which was adorable to watch.
    Sheree Married on 04/28/2018
    I can't say enough great things about Amber Grove and John. I was picturing an outdoor ceremony when we were touring venues, but it was important that the back up rain plan be functional and pretty as well. When we saw the barn at Amber Grove, we both fell in love with it and decided it would be the ceremony site regardless of weather. John was very accommodating and let us do another tour with additional family members before we signed the contract. He was always prompt in responding to my emails. We met a couple of times to go over the menu and details, and he always offered advice when I hadn't decided on something yet. He ran the rehearsal for us on Friday, and our family loved him. For the wedding he was always there when we needed him without hovering around. The food was amazing! John promised we wouldn't leave hungry, and he was right. A waiter brought us some passed appetizers right after the ceremony before we started pictures. For dinner we chose to lead the line through the buffet. We both had plenty to eat and were still so full by dessert that we could barely eat any. Several guests told me it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. Then we had a bag of boxed food for us to take to the hotel. Neither of us was hungry still, but I was happy to see they had even packed a few of our donuts for us. Everything with Amber Grove ran smoothly throughout the day. The bartenders and staff were great, always friendly and helpful. I definitely recommend this venue!
    Brecklyn Married on 03/24/2018
    We absolutely LOVED getting to work with John at Amber Grove in planning our wedding! The whole day was absolutely perfect and if we could do it all again we would do it the same way! John made the planning easy in being very upfront with all of the costs and everything that is included. The food was delicious, decorations needed were minimal because the location is absolutely beautiful, and for the 5 hours booked everything went so smooth and just as planned!
    Amanda Married on 12/02/2017
    We looked at a number of venues and this was the one that stood out from the rest. We loved the fact that there was a dedicated separate space for the ceremony and a separate space for the reception all on the same property--and beautiful spaces at that!! John is amazing!! He's great to work with--you give him your vision and he works to make that a reality--he makes the process smooth, easy, and is very responsive! Our day went off without a hitch! We got so many compliments about the gorgeous property and delicious food. If I had to do it all again, I wouldn't change a thing!
    Amy Married on 09/09/2017
    Amber Grove create the most perfect canvas for my perfect wedding day. Everything they had to offer was absolutely fabulous! The food was spectacular, the grounds perfect, and the service was above and beyond anything I had expected. When choosing a venue, my husband and I knew instantly this was the perfect place for us after visiting Amber Grove. If you are looking for a beautiful venue to make your dreams come true, please put Amber Grove at the top of your list! You will thank me later!
    Ashley Married on 08/26/2017
    My wife and I were impressed with Amber Grove from the moment we pulled in the long beautiful drive. The scenery surrounding the old bed and breakfast consists of a rustic barn, rolling fields, a weeping willow tree, a swaying tree swing that is a must for bridal pictures, a warm fire-pit and a gorgeously lit white reception tent. John McBride, owner of Amber Grove, has thought of it all! He was an absolute pleasure to work with, answering our endless questions with ease and patience, providing suggestions for small details that we couldn't decide on and making the entire process FUN!!! Thank you John, we will be back to enjoy a drink on your beautiful front porch soon! :)
    Kristina Married on 06/17/2017
    John McBride at Amber Grove is absolutely amazing. He was so incredibly helpful in every aspect of planning for my wedding, I can't imagine getting married anywhere else. The venue was beautiful, the food was delicious and I could not recommend Amber Grove and John more!
    Samantha Married on 05/21/2017
    I had an amazing wedding here! The venue is beautiful, the food is delicious, and the owner John was so helpful in making everything run smoothly! You won't regret getting married here!
    Stephanie Married on 05/30/2015
    We couldn't have picked a better Venue! First off the location is BEAUTIFUL! We heard so many compliments from our guests who loved our wedding. John works hard to make sure everything is taken care of, and even ran to the back of the kitchen because one of my guests said she loved the bacon from our Mac&cheese bar. When the wedding was over his staff had all of our food and decorations from the house packed up and ready to go. You will not regret booking your wedding or special event here.
  • User2160754 2+ years ago
    What an absolutely amazing experience! We got married at Amber Grove in April and I am so glad we choose such an amazing venue. John is an absolute gem!! He is there to help and guide you every step of the way, we had a flawlessly executed wedding and we were able to sit backhand truly enjoy our big day!
  • User1960685 2+ years ago
    Amber Grove is exactly the kind of venue I wanted to hold my wedding ceremony and reception. The house, barn, and reception area is so beautiful! Mr. McBride is so helpful in giving you ideas and allows you to come by anytime to get ideas for your coming day. I would recommend this venue to anyone!
  • User1651447 2+ years ago
    John McBride, the owner of Amber Grove, truly helped make our day a day to remember! He was so helpful and patient!
    Missie Married on 04/12/2014
    John does an amaZing job making sure the bride is stress free the day of the wedding. The outdoor landscape speaks for itself. It is absolutely stunning, and the food is oh so tasty!
  • User1328112 2+ years ago
    John is AWESOME. He has done so many weddings he knows exactly how everything should go, you don't even need your own wedding planner. I highly recommend John and his team to any couples looking for a venue.