Amazing Alterations Reviews

163 | Anoka, MN

163 Reviews for Amazing Alterations

Brenda IS truly AMAZING! I came to Brenda with little hope that my dress could never be fixed since another alterations shop said that it was impossible to remove the awkward wiring in the bust...but Brenda made the impossible POSSIBLE! She immediately looked at the awkward wiring on the bust, took it up to the sewing room and within minutes, the dress was transformed! I could not believe it! Her confidence and skill in her work is admirable. She had my dress finished within a week, which other alteration services can take up to several months with multiple appointments/fittings. Not only have I recommended my sister go to Amazing Alterations, but now ALL of my recently engaged friends. It is a no-brainer. Thanks so much for your service! **Also, I recommend having her show you the waterfall bustle! :)

Sent on 10/20/2013

Danielle · Married on 06/15/2013

Brenda is one awesome lady! She has helped me for many occasions. They will literally do anything to make u happy. I had an awful experience with getting my wedding dress to me on time.... It finally came a week before my wedding! With many alterations that had to be done, she did everything in 5 days. I was so so grateful for that. She made my wedding dress and my day AMAZING!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Siri · Married on 05/25/2013

I highly recommend Brenda and Amazing Alterations. She did an unbelievable job reconstructing my mother's 40-year old wedding dress for me to wear at my upcoming wedding. At my first appointment we talked through what I wanted, she shared ideas, and through a series of appointments she completely re-imagined the dress, tailored it perfectly, and updated the silhouette to be more modern. Brenda's skill and creativity make her a great seamstress to go to if you're looking for a dress reconstruction. Plus, her shop is inviting, friendly, and her prices are very reasonable. Highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 04/16/2013

Jessica · Married on 04/27/2013

Did a very nice job with my dress! Super nice and friendly and made me feel very comfortable! Also gave me a lot of ideas of what to do with my wedding dress! Just fabulous!

Sent on 04/03/2013
  • User3195709 · 2+ years ago

Brenda at Amazing Alterations is fabulous to work with. The shop itself has a great atmosphere with friendly employees who were nothing but accommodating. Brenda is great at what she does and I am very happy with the alterations done to my wedding dress.

Sent on 04/14/2013

Brenda and her staff were great!

Sent on 12/03/2014
  • User3200275 · 2+ years ago

Wow. Brenda is such an awesome person to work with. She provided a perfect fit for my wedding dress, and made me feel wonderful all day while I was wearing it. Two weeks before the wedding, I was in tears in her shop because my dress didn't fit--she altered it on the spot to calm my fears (and provided Kleenex and encouragement). When I arrived to pick it up a week later, it was truly perfect. She worked with the beaded belt around the waist of the dress, and found extra beads that matched perfectly to stitch along an area she had to let out. No one would ever know they hadn't been there all along. I am so happy I went with Amazing Alterations!

Sent on 04/16/2013

Erica · Married on 03/23/2013

I used Amazing Alterations for my wedding dress and was thrilled with the results. The studio is adorable and the staff is very friendly. I had the bodice taken in, added a bustle and sewed on a sash in addition to a few other alterations for a very reasonable price. I felt like I was in great hands and loved the end result.

Sent on 05/27/2013

Kasey · Married on 03/01/2013

Amazing Alterations lives up to its name! I'm the maid of honor in my sisters wedding and needed some alterations after a terrible experience at David's Bridal. Brenda and her staff were great and fixed my problem at a very cheap price. I made my sister use Amazing Alterations and we were so amazed at the quality and professionalism at this chic spot.
    I would recommend Amazing Alterations to everyone!!!!!!!

Sent on 02/23/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 02/02/2013

I felt like I walked off the cover of Bride Magazine! Brenda and her staff went above and beyond all expectations!

Sent on 05/31/2013

Brianna · Married on 01/18/2013

Brenda was awesome! I brought in my moms dress to get recreated. It was very important to me to keep it the same but update it just a bit. She took off the netted sleeves, added length with lace, opened the back of the dress to make it a keyhole back, and and incorporated lace all down the back. My mom was amazed at the dress and I couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 01/28/2013

Dawn · Married on 12/29/2012

Brenda did a fantastic job altering my wedding dress, which included changing the neckline and bustling the train. She was timely, professional, and knows her stuff! She knew what was best for a winter wedding, shoe height, and venue. I will go back to her for any other formal dress alterations.

Sent on 02/21/2013

lindsy · Married on 06/22/2012

I was told about amazing alterations by a friend for my wedding dress over a year ago. I went to Brenda and I was blown away by how awesome the entire experience was. She was honestly my favorite person to deal with throughout the whole vendor process. She is super nice and fun, she has great tips and advice and her shop is adorable! If I hadn't already bought all my jewelry I would have bought that all there as well! she is also very reasonably priced. since my wedding I have recommended her to all my friends and I have had 3 additional dresses altered by her as well. I would never go anywhere else. I highly recommend her to anyone!! she also takes before and after pictures in her adorable shop!!

Sent on 09/19/2013

Jenna · Married on 05/26/2012

My mom, my mother-in-law to be, and I all altered our dresses at Amazing Alterations. We were blown away by the quality of service and the fun, friendly atmosphere. Our dresses looked great and held up throughout the night. Our experience at Amazing Alterations was a highlight in the wedding preparation process for us ladies and we highly recommend Amazing Alterations!

Sent on 07/10/2012

Jessica · Married on 11/11/2011

Amazing Alterations ! I was very impressed with everything.I got engaged in september."Do the math" I only had 2 months of planning ,until my wedding ,not to mention everyone was getting married on 11/11/11. I was overwhelmed .I went to Amazing Alterations , just to get my measurements to start looking for dresses. It was a one stop shop. She helped me order my dress ,incoporate,the colors .Rhinestoned my daughters shoes to match my dress ,all while keeping my mind at ease. We purchased all our jewerly .Everything was affordable,and beautiful. Her team was friendly and polite .Over all Amazing Alterations is a Classy and comfortable place .

Sent on 04/04/2013

shari · Married on 07/28/2011

Brenda did an AMAZING job! She was super nice, wanted to save me money, and her prices were incredibly reasonable.... actually the lowest I could find! Her schedule is super flexible to work around mine. I cannot stress enough the quality of her work is top notch at a bottom dollar price.

Sent on 08/23/2011
  • marisa

marisa · Married on 08/24/2018

This place lives up to their name! Listened to all my concerns, nailed my custom lining and were always able to fit my busy schedule!

Sent on 08/02/2018
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 06/29/2018

I just got home from my final dress appointment- wedding in a little over 2 weeks! I worked with Brenda for my first 2 appointments and Lindsay for my final. They're both AMAZING. I felt like I was being *that bride* and nitpicking over every little thing, and Lindsay was so incredible and was so positive. She never made me feel like I was being a bother and she fixed everything so fast and efficiently. I'm so glad I chose Amazing Alterations!

Sent on 06/13/2018
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 05/28/2016

Amazing Alterations was fantastic to work with, start to finish! They were all helpful, friendly and made sure I felt comfortable the whole time. The price was exactly what I was expecting, and the work they did for my dress was phenomenal. I also had my bridesmaids use their services and they are just as happy as I am!

Sent on 05/20/2016

Anya · Married on 09/12/2015

The staff at Amazing Alterations were very friendly and accommodating. They made sure to take the extra time to make sure my dress was perfectly fitted.

Sent on 09/20/2015

Carin · Married on 08/29/2015

Brenda and her crew were wonderful - they made me like a princess and answered every question I had with patience and understanding! I would definitely go back there for any other alterations that I would have to do.

Sent on 07/10/2015

I found working with Amazing Alterations to be a great experience. They were flexible, even letting me try on my dress when I showed up for my appointment early. Very helpful and friendly staff.

Sent on 12/20/2014

Amazing Alterations was incredible for my dress alterations. She took the vision I had in my mind to add family lace to my dress and made it a reality. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Brenda (the owner) said her bustles don’t break and are the strongest you’ll find - She was right! I’ve been to so many weddings where the bride is holding up her dress on the dance floor all night because her bustle broke. Not me! The bustle was perfect and SO strong. She made sure my dress fit like a glove. The alterations are very reasonably priced too and worth the drive
    Only complaint was that we had to wait quite a while for our appointment to begin because the shop was so busy. However, it’s a good sign that it’s busy! Be patient. It is worth it. Also - take their advice on the hoop skirt - it really does make a world of difference!

Sent on 08/25/2014

Brittney · Married on 07/27/2013

Amazing alterations is truely Amazing! Brenda did such a good job on the alterations of my wedding dress. You can make as many apointments as needed and she will make sure your dress fits like a glove. The shop is truely a "chic cave" and all the staff are super friendly and fun and give you the red carpet attention that every bride deserves. Brenda also takes the time to give you pointers on how to walk, sit ect. in your dress, and even tips on posing for pictures. I would definately recomend Brenda to any bride.

-Brittney