amazáe|events Reviews

19 | San Jose, CA

19 Reviews for amazáe|events

Griselda Renteria · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazae is nothing less than amazing!

Let me start off by saying- If my husband and I could give more than 5 stars, we would!

We just got married this past Saturday, 11/10/18, and I knew I needed to write a review ASAP. I have been fortunate enough to work with Amazae for about a year to plan my wedding. As soon as we walked in the door, we hit it off with Crystal in every way - her style, her personality, her thorough approach to things and the general way she made us feel like everything would be coordinated perfectly if we worked with her. And now that we've lived through planning our wedding with them, I couldn't imagine working with anyone else and we can confidently say that they were worth every single penny and then some! They did everything possible to make the wedding of our dreams come to life.

Our wedding was 200+. It was VERY important to us for our wedding to meet our cultural (Mexican) needs as well. I was worried that our wedding planner wouldn't understand what we needed. Crystal knew EXACTLY what I wanted and made that happen!

Amazae helped us with design, set up venue visits, reviewed vendor contracts, coordinated all the logistics with vendors and wedding party members, attended food tasting with us, held one last walk through of venue to review timeline, set everything up beautifully on the day of and kept everything on schedule, ran our rehearsal flawlessly, kept track of every single detail throughout the entirety of the process, and generally helped us with any and everything - all with smiles on their faces, high energy, and often our favorite drinks from Starbucks (or wine) in hand.

Through the entire experience, it felt like we were working with family. Crystal, Katey and Caitlin- WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOU. We even fell in love with day of team members we had never met. If you are planning a wedding, do not hesitate to contact Amazae. After the wedding was over, my husband and I were actually sad we wouldn't be contacting her team nonstop on a daily basis. Amazae TRULY became our family. I cannot thank them enough for how beautiful my wedding turned out. We have received tons of compliments, and the success of our wedding would not have happened without them.

Danica · Married on 09/15/2018

Crystal LeQuang, Nashley Villalvazo, and Christina Tran are all wonderful event professionals! My daughter was married this past weekend in San Francisco. We consulted and contracted with Crystal, who clearly has years of experience and knows exactly what she is doing, and worked through the planning details with Nashley. Christina joined Nashley to assist on the wedding day.

The ceremony was about a mile from the Reception. Each venue had the same start time for set-up, so they had one person at each location to ensure they were prepared and executed as planned.

I was a nervous wreck going into the last month of planning. Even though we started planning a year in advance, the wedding was quickly upon us. No worries though, Nashley took over finalizing details with the timeline and vendors. And, it was seamless!

I work in the wedding industry, and being on the other side of things is no cakewalk. However, I was able to truly enjoy the weekend, starting with the rehearsal and ending with the day after the wedding, when I had to follow up on an item a guest left behind at the venue (quickly found and returned, by the way). I was actually able to enjoy every single moment of the wedding and reception. Nashley came to find me when I was needed for a dance, or cake cutting, etc. All I had to do was be present and have the time of my life.

I applaud this team for their professionalism, dedication, creativity, and general industry smarts. They are absolutely wonderful, and I am grateful beyond words to have had them on our side.

Guest feedback was amazing, my daughter and her husband are completely thrilled well beyond expectation, and I am truly without the proper words to express how wonderful of an experience this has been. It was perfect! Thank you Amazae! I have always recommended you to others (both wedding couples and corporate groups), and will do so even more now. You were amazing!

Karen · Married on 09/08/2018

Wonderful wedding planner, with Crystal, Caitlin and team. They were exceptional every step of the way, helped us stay within budget, and gave us excellent vendor recommendations. Highly recommend securing them at the very beginning of your wedding process so they help you secure the best contract for each vendor. They know their stuff. Our daughter's wedding was a Mission Carmel Basilica (ceremony) and Carmel Valley Ranch (reception). Thumbs up on day-of help too.

John · Married on 03/11/2018

I wish there were more than 5 stars to give Crystal, Caitlin and the Amazae team. My wife ended up in the emergency room on our wedding day, and Crystal directed an heroic effort to move the ceremony, reception, dinner, flowers, cake, etc. to the following day. Almost all our guests were able to attend, and the wedding was a beautiful and moving occasion. Even without the crisis management, the wedding would have been a smashing success because Crystal and Caitlin took the time to get to know us (we are an older bride and groom) and to help us design a wedding experience that truly reflected us. We received many compliments from guests on the beauty, atmosphere, guest care, flowers, cake, etc. at the Westin Sainte Claire in San Jose, which was a perfect venue for us. -- John E.

• I

Isha · Married on 03/27/2016

If you and your fiance have a full-time job and super busy, find planning and running errands aversive, and you want to be stress free before and during your wedding, I recommend hiring Crystal and her team. She will take care of things and make sure that you are on track with the timeline. We had a an amazing time at our wedding and everything went smoothly.

Sent on 04/19/2016

amazáe|events 's reply:

Thank you, Isha. It was wonderful working with you both!

Andrea · Married on 10/10/2015

We were a very busy couple and had very limited time to dig into every detail that would have made our wedding fantastic. Crystal was PERFECTION!! She sat with us, totally understood our vision and style. Then she should present us with what she thought we would like, which was always spot on, and we could quickly make decisions on the finishes for our event. Everyone who came to our wedding still speaks about it being the BEST wedding they have ever been too. It was so fun. It was elegant and had a fun twist during the reception. I can't wait to work with her again on our next event!!!

Sent on 04/13/2016

amazáe|events 's reply:

Andrea,
    Thank you so much for allowing amazáe to plan and design your wedding. We loved being a part of it. It was such an honor. Cheers to the future!

Ken · Married on 11/17/2012

Crystal was awesome. More like a friend than an event planner. Very professional and prompt with questions.

Patrick · Married on 10/07/2012

Words cannot express how grateful and honored my wife and I were to have Crystal Lequang of Amazáe Special Events plan our wedding. After getting Crystal on board in March 2012 and shooting for an October wedding that same year, Crystal was able to plan, design, and deliver the perfect wedding for us. When we first met her there was instant chemistry and as a result, she designed a beautiful wedding that reflected our personalities. She was also able to set us up with vendors with great talent that met our budget, and overall did a great job of supporting us through the stresses of wedding planning. Most importantly she was there for us on the big day itself taking care of all the details to make sure we had nothing to worry about. We can't thank her enough!

Vela · Married on 09/01/2012

Where do we even begin to express how magical our wedding was, thanks to you all at Amazae Special Events! Each and every one of you went above and beyond to ensure our special day would be filled with magical moments to be cherished forever. You certainly took our desires and requests to heart making the entire event feel like a fairy tale.

I felt like a princess from the moment I walked in your door. I knew that my Prince Charming was equally attended to! Our worries and distractions faded away as you set our spirits at ease. We were relaxed and carefree throughout the experience and beyond! The day could not have been more perfect.

The extra care you took and the time you spent on every detail was very evident as the time flowed smoothly. Thank you for allowing us to personalize our wedding and for being flexible with our requests. Even in our most extravagant dreams, we could not have imagined such a romantic and more perfect day! Not only were you the Dream-Makers for our wedding, you helped set the stage for our lives together accenting romance, fun, and tradition, as well as a spiritual connection with God, and each other.

Thank you so much for your passion and dedication! We appreciate what you did for us and believe in the power of True Love and living your dreams!

Thank you Dream Makers for making our dreams come true!

Crystal, you're the BEST!!

Reena · Married on 08/26/2012

Hiring Amazae Special Events was the best decision my fiancé (now husband) and I made in regards to our wedding planning. We initially researched several reputable planners in the Bay Area but as soon as we met Crystal, we felt completely at ease and confident that she understood our vision and would create something incredible. The tricky part would be incorporating our blended cultural backgrounds into the design of the wedding in an elegant manner. (I'm Japanese and East Indian and my husband is Turkish). Crystal and her team did an amazing job. The team is so creative, professional and they are truly masters at what they do. The day of the wedding was completely in their hands and I didn't have to worry about any of the little things. Everything just seemed to magically happen by the team behind the scenes. My fondest memory of my wedding is that I was able to enjoy all of it and knew everything was in very capable hands. My guests were in awe when they arrived. Everything was STUNNING! The design was better than I could have ever hoped for. (Gorgeous drapery, flowers, lanterns, Indian sari material tablecloths, lighting, rented chic furniture and the list goes on.) My friends and family still comment on what a beautiful wedding we had. I could go on and on about Crystal but words cannot describe how pleased we were with Amazae. During the wedding, the bustle of my dress tore and the Amazae team pulled me into a room, pulled out needle and thread and sewed it right then and there. I was back on the dance floor in minutes. That's just one example of how Crystal works. She's prepared for anything and her calm reassuring personality helps tremendously. She is the Super Woman of Event Planning. From small, simple events to large magnificent ones, Crystal and her team can make them a "dream come true".

Danielle · Married on 07/14/2012

Crystal and her team were AMAZING! I don't think our wedding day could have been more perfect. Crystal really worked with us from day one on all the big and little details. She was in constant contact with us when needed and extremely professional. I never felt stressed when working together....We felt at ease knowing that Crystal was behind the scenes making sure all went smoothly. Crystal also really listened and took note of what was most important to both of us on our wedding day. She took our design ideas and brought them to life, making them unique to us by using her design expertise and experience. The design elements Crystal and her team created were beyond what we ever imagined. Our mouths dropped when we saw how she transformed our ceremony and reception area....Both were just incredible. Words can't fully express how special they really made our day and the care Crystal and her team took to ensure it was the best day of our lives. I would HIGHLY recommend Amazáe Special Events to anyone!

• Z

Zeke · Married on 06/28/2012

Think of all the curveballs you could potentially throw a Wedding planner.. Multiply that a few times over, then relax. Crystal Lequang is on your side. She not only guided us from beginning to end, she made it happen in a matter of 3 months. Not to mention, it all came out as if it had been planned for years.. Crystal and her team helped us blend two opposite cultures and religions into one. They helped us overcome every challenge that came our way and most importantly, reminded us to have a good time and enjoy when it counted the most. In a day where everything could have gone wrong, Crystal and her team made it work like a symphony was playing in the background. From the venue, to the positioning of a flower, her attention to every detail and smile helped make our day a memorable one. If you ever consider working with a planner, make sure Crystal is on your side. Thank you for everything you did!

Ashley · Married on 04/01/2012

Amazae made our fairy tail wedding a reality! Crystal and her team went above and beyond to make everything PERFECT. Not only were we the happiest bride and groom, all of or guests were shocked with how much of a magical experience crystal and her team provided. Our guest are still talking about how they have never been to a wedding like it. Overall Amazae is simply amazing and I would recommend their services to any Bride to be. Thanks to crystal and her team for creating moments that will NEVER be forgotten. I wish there were more stars because 5 does not do it for Amazae!!!⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Julie · Married on 09/24/2011

Crystal and her team of professionals at Amazáe Special Events are the best in the business! Crystal is very dedicated to making sure that you are completely happy with every detail. When our big day arrived, we didn't worry about anything as we knew Crystal would handle and execute everything...and she did and more! I continue to recommend Crystal to all future brides as she is not only the best at what she does but is also one of the sweetest people you will ever meet!

Katie · Married on 06/04/2011

Brides & Grooms will be beyond impressed by Crystal designs and execution of the biggest day of their lives! One of the best investments I made through the wedding process!

L · Married on 03/12/2011

I feel incredibly blessed to have found Crystal and Amazae in the beginning of our wedding planning process. We hired Crystal for event design and coordination and let me just say, this was the SINGLE most important, best decision we ever made our 2 year wedding planning process. After we met and started working with Crystal, everything else just feel into place...and the wedding that I never thought was possible...happened (stress free because if you are Crystal's clients, you are in great hands with no worries, PROMISE!!!)

Crystal gave my husband and I a wedding of our lifetime. Words cannot express how amazingly talented she is; how she is a visionary; how much she cares about her clients (can't emphasize this point enough); and how professional,organized,experienced she is.

In short, I LOVE Crystal and Team Amazae, and I HIGHLY recommend her as your wedding day event design and coordinator. Let me put it this way, if I had to go back and get married again...I'd hire Crystal and her team all over again!

Jacklyn · Married on 09/19/2009

We are very grateful that we got Crystal as our wedding coordinator! We still say she was worth every penny for all the time, stress, and work she saved us. I'm a pretty organized person, so our main concern was the day-of coordination (so that we could fully enjoy the day) and the design aspect of it all. We believe Crystal's strength is in design, which is the key reason we chose her. She is also very detail-oriented, organized, and proactive. We had booked her two years before our wedding date, and got the full package. In those two years, she procured most of our vendors, based on our criteria, and refined our vision. Every single vendor she recommended went above and beyond our expectations, as did she and her team. She was always on top of our month-to-month schedule, gently reminding us of what we had left to do. Crystal was never pushy or overbearing - always pleasant, and nudged us in the right direction if we were to go astray. From big things to minor questions, I emailed Crystal constantly. She was always prompt and very thorough when she replies. And she has a good answer to everything wedding related!

Our actual wedding day was as perfect as can be. The timeline Crystal did was flawless, leaving us extra time to absorb and enjoy the day. She coordinated not only the wedding festivities, but also the design element of the day with the vendors - flowers, lighting, floor plans, cake design, and any other detail you can think of. We are still getting compliments on how beautiful the day was and how much fun everybody.

Thank you Crystal! We love you!

• I

Ingrid · Married on 10/27/2007

Hiring Crystal from Amazae Special Events was the best thing we could have done for our wedding! My husband and I decided we wanted help mostly with coordination, someone who would be our second set of eyes and ears, someone to help with pre-wedding and day-of coordination/logistics (who's picking up what, what goes where, etc. etc.) Crystal proved to be a true blessing for our special day. She was extremely organized, professional, efficient and most of all sincere.
    It was so important to us that our day flow as smooth as possible...that it was obvious to our guests that we spent alot of time planning and preparing, we wanted our guests to enjoy themselves. We knew that the "little things" made such a difference, like timing esp. at the reception. Thanks to Crystal, everything went so smooth and as planned! I would highly recommend Amazae Special Events to anyone that wants their wedding day to be organized therefor more enjoyable!

3.5

Crystal and her team were soo helpful and I don't know what I would have done with out them.

I really enjoyed working with them and my wedding was so beautiful. Crystal pays a lot of attention to detail and made great suggestions In the planning process in order to make my big day run smoothly.