86 Reviews for Amaru Confections

Setup (1)
Gluten Free (1)
Vegan (1)
85 Amaru Confections Reviews

Our cake was beautiful! They were very professional and on time. They delivered it and places real flowers we had provided on the cake. Everyone said it was delicious. I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/1/18, 2 Reviews
3.9

We ordered the vegan spiced chai, vegan chocolate, vegan red velvet, and vegan & gluten free vanilla.

Positives: They all tasted amazing! And I really loved how my cake turned out. It totally fit within my theme and tasted amazing!

Negatives: The day of our tasting, they prepared all non-vegan options for us to try. When they realized their mistake, they had nothing available for us to try. Even though we asked for all vegan cupcakes/cake, I noticed 6 weeks before my wedding, that the frosting on all the cupcakes and the cake were not vegan. Thankfully, I noticed early enough that we were able to get it fixed. They could work on their customer service skills.

Profile Picture Katy, 9/16/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

With being gluten free I wanted a cake I could eat and they were the best!! We got so many complimats on our cupcakes, they were delicious and awesome!!!

Profile Picture Rebecca , 9/9/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Amaru's cakes are sooo good! We had our daughters wedding cake made by Amaru and it was fantastic!

Profile Picture V, 6/24/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Gluten Free, Vegan, Cupcakes

Thank you to Amaru Confections for helping make a very special day even more special. The cake was set up for us and looked beautiful! Not to mention......the cake was DELICIOUS!!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Great consultation and cake tasting! Our wedding cake was exactly what we wanted, and so delicious! I can't wait to break into the first layer in a year!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 11/12/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

Amaru did great with our wedding cake! I was planning from out of state and they were amazing and easy to work with through email. My cake was beautiful and delicious! The one regret I have from the wedding was not eating more cake! Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/28/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

Amazing cake! I found a picture on the internet and they were able to make it look almost identical to what I wanted! There were a couple issues with pricing, but they worked themselves out with come creativity on my part. They were easy to work with and the cake was beautiful!

Profile Picture Naomi, 4/8/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Amaru created for us the most beautiful wedding cake! Not only was it gorgeous, but the taste was amazing as well. Chris was great to work with, helpful and professional. We were thrilled with our cake!

Profile Picture Laurel, 1/23/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

There is a reason that Amaru is rated so high - they have the BEST cakes in town. We tasted countless other bakeries at the Wedding Party show but the one that stood out to us all was the Strawberry Champagne cake with Buttercream frosting from Amaru. The cake was beautiful and people are still emailing me for the name of the bakery a week after wedding.

You will not be dissapointed - we were so happy to have selected Amaru and Chris was great to work with!

Profile Picture Tami, 9/19/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Talk about deliciousness! Our cake was yummy, and beautiful. I highly recommend them if you want a cake that will be memorable! They took my vision and created a cake that was great. My wedding day was hot, so they made a judgement call to not set the cake out right away. Thank you Amaru Confections :)

Profile Picture Yvette , 9/12/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Amaru Confections cupcake's are beyond delicious! I would recommend them for any wedding or party, they will not let you down.

Profile Picture Christina, 8/30/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My cake looked and tasted amazing! I brought in pictures of what I wanted, and they knew exactly how to make it work. Going in for the tasting, everything tasted so good, but we went with the raspberry champagne and the Guinness chocolate to our white/chocolate layers. They were the best! And for less than $20 they can make us another topper to eat on our anniversary, so we don't have to eat a frozen cake. I can't wait!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Lauren, 8/8/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

They are so awesome to work with, they will give you whatever you want and they're reasonably prices. Plus their cakes are DELICIOUS. Their lemon huckleberry is to die for.

Profile Picture Shalyn, 7/31/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was both beautiful and delicious. People are still talking about how flavorful the cake was and it is still some of the best cake I've ever had. My wedding had 300 people, so we bought enough cake to serve 350 just in case. That meant a 5-tier cake served 140, and then two side cakes to cover everyone else. Unfortunately at the wedding, we somehow served everyone with 1 and a half side cakes. We didn't even cut into the main 5 tiered cake and had to take it home at the end of the night! The servers weren't cutting super small slices either. If you're ordering from Amaru just keep in mind they might be overestimating serving sizes.

Profile Picture User5481499, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
4.7

I booked Amaru for my bridal show and my wedding because they do gluten free. We have a small gluten free carrot cake cutting cake with cream cheese frosting that was absolutely delicious! Everything else was gluten free and regular cupcakes. Everyone loved all of the flavors and were even questioning if the gluten free items were actually gluten free because they were so good! Amaru is a bit spending but very tasty!

Profile Picture Kellie, 7/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Amaru is doing our cake and cupcakes for our wedding! They are very creative and helped us come up with some great ideas. The strawberry champagne flavor is amazing!

Profile Picture Nichole, 6/20/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was beautifully decorated and so delicious (both the regular and the gluten free)! My husband and I were very impressed with the services we received. Thank you, Amaru!

Profile Picture User5196506, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

They did a beautiful job on my cake and it tasted delicious! They were also very helpful with helping me get the lowest rate for what I wanted. Over all very friendly and professional and would highly recommend them :)

Profile Picture User4899267, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I have ordered two other cakes from Amaru and knew they were the only option for our reception cake. Not only was the cake absolutely stunning but it tasted amazing!!

Profile Picture Trisha , 12/31/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Cake was delicious! It arrived on time and they were easy to work with.

Profile Picture Kelly, 11/15/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

They were so accommodating and helpful!! Very friendly and made AMAZING cake!!! Good prices and wonderful to work with!!!!

Profile Picture Julie, 10/4/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Chris was truly amazing to work with from beginning to end of our planning process. He was very accommodating of my design requests for the cutting cake we ordered, and very careful to let me know what was gluten free- they take dietary needs very seriously which is much appreciated. The cupcakes we ordered for our guests were unreal- giant, beautiful, and had people swarming! I had a hard time narrowing down the many flavor options, but the ones I did pick were a big hit. They are still receiving rave reviews, and I've had more than a handful of people ask where we found such delicious cupcakes. We would NEVER dream of going to any other vendor when in need of cake or cupcakes- it's Amaru for us from here on out!

Profile Picture User3962564, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Amaru was such a pleasure to work with, and it was hands down the best wedding cake I've ever tasted. In fact, I've been there almost weekly since to buy cupcakes because I've become obsessed with their buttercream. When we met, they listened to what we wanted, used our photos for inspiration, and made three cakes that were even more beautiful than the inspiration pictures! I had lots of questions throughout the planning year and they were always quick to respond. They delivered the cakes to my venue on time and even arranged the flowers on the main cake. Amaru was even able to accommodate our last-minute request for gluten-free vegan cupcakes (our guests raved about them!). On top of all of this, they are also extremely reasonably priced. I would highly recommend Amaru for any event and plan on visiting them again and again to get my cake fix. Thank you!

Profile Picture K, 9/20/14, 10 Reviews
4.7

We picked Amaru confections because we had heard how delicious their cakes were- and it was true! Our wedding cake was absolutely delicious! They also worked with me on creating a design that I loved. The only con I had was that I originally wanted butter-cream frosting, and Amaru recommended that I upgrade to fondant to be sure that my cake would 'stay put' on the big day which was an outdoor wedding. So I chose to pay more for all-fondant, AND we brought the cake indoors into the air-conditioning until we were ready to do the cake cutting. Even with these precautions, the cake was already starting to topple very soon after it arrived at our venue, and so we had to rush the cake cutting and do it much earlier than planned. I was disappointed to have a leaning cake in our wedding pictures.
At least that cake tasted amazing!

Profile Picture Amber, 8/9/14, 5 Reviews