Amanda Rai Photography Reviews

21 | Dover, NH

21 Reviews for Amanda Rai Photography

Mary · Getting married on 08/15/2020

Best decision of our wedding planning process!

We booked Amanda a few months ago for our wedding coming August 2020 and so far she has been great! We just had our engagement shoot last week and the pictures came out BEAUTIFUL. I'm someone who has a hard time posing for pictures, not knowing how to stand and what to do with my face etc and she walked us through it and found a way to grab all the right shots so that they looked natural. She told us we would have them within 2 weeks and she got them edited and back to us within 1! She has been so on top of everything with reaching out to coordinate stuff and answers my emails and thousands of questions almost instantly, she listens to my concerns/wants and gives great feedback and advice. Wedding photos are so important because it is how you will remember your big day and share it with others and i'm so happy we went with Amanda because we can sit back and not have to worry, knowing we can trust her to capture everything perfectly!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa · Getting married on 07/03/2020

Amanda Rai Photography is truly the best thing I have ever come across!

There aren’t enough words to describe how fantastic Amanda Rai Photography is. Finding Amanda Rai Photography was the greatest thing to have happened to my fiancé and I. Not only is Amanda super talented but she is also professional, fun, sweet and makes being photographed easy. I felt like I knew Amanda Rai from the moment I met her. We recently had our engagement shoot in Downtown Portsmouth and my fiancé & I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Amanda gave us the direction we needed while making it so comfortable & easy to be photographed. It truly felt as if it was just he and I in a crowded city.

Amanda Rai even gave us help with picking the location for the shoot. She emailed me some ideas and I chose the one that best fit me and my fiancé. The location was beautiful, the weather was perfect and the photos are unbelievable. My friends and family who have seen the photos from our engagement shoot can’t get over how gorgeous they are and cant stop raving about Amanda Rai’s talent. I would recommend Amanda Rai photography to any and everyone that is looking or knows someone that is looking for a photographer.

I am so glad I found Amanda Rai. I not only feel that Amanda Rai is my photographer but I consider her a friend that I’ll have for life. I can’t wait to see her again on my wedding day and I’m already so excited to see all the amazing shots she gets that day. I know I’ll see her after my wedding because I have found my photographer that I’ll go to for all of life’s major moments. Thank you Amanda Rai Photography!!

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • Emily

Emily Dion · Getting married on 06/27/2020

Flawless!!!

Amanda knows just how to make her clients shine in every photo! Being a very self conscious person, I was blown away with how fabulous she made me feel during the entire shoot and while looking at my photos! She’s such a kind soul who knows how to capture all of the magic!

Sent on 07/11/2019
  • Juliana

Juliana Summers · Married on 05/30/2020

Could not have asked for better!

We chose a busy location for our engagement sessions but Amanda made she we felt comfortable the whole time and we cannot thank her enough. We love our photos!

Sent on 08/13/2019

Ann · Married on 05/24/2020

A real gem!

When my fiancé and I first met Amanda, we knew we would be in good hands.

After Amanda did our engagement shoot, we saw what a joy she is to work with. Amanda brings a personal touch to these sessions and has a way of putting her clients at ease during the entire process. Amanda also demonstrated that she is a true professional with her preparation, responsiveness and very quick turnaround with our engagement photos. Above all, the quality of Amanda’s work is stunning and beyond compare. We are so thankful for having found her and we could not be happier about sharing our special day with her!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Christy Chandra · Married on 03/28/2020

Amazing adventure engagement session

Amanda is AMAZING and an incredibly talented individual! We had such a fun time during our adventure engagement session in the mountains. Amanda had helpful tips during the session, and made us feel very comfortable. She went above and beyond our expectations. All of our photos were absolutely stunning! Amanda was very easy to talk to and responded to my emails in a timely manner. We would HIGHLY recommend Amanda to anyone looking for a professional, talented, reliable and sweet photographer!

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Julia

Julia Kitchens · Married on 11/09/2019

So easy to work with!

Amanda is amazing! If you need a photographer, she's your girl! We had her take our engagement pictures and had them back within 24 hours. They turned out absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 10/29/2018
  • Rachel

rachel · Married on 11/02/2019

Amanda is the best!!

Amanda took our engagement photos and we could not be happier with them! Our full album was ready in less than 48 hours and the pictures look amazing! We had so much fun during the shoot and she guided us the whole time. Amanda was also super flexible as we had to reschedule a few times. I would highly recommend her and I'm so glad she will also be taking our wedding photos!

Edited (after our wedding):
    Choosing Amanda to be our wedding photographer was the best decision! She did an amazing job and she sent the full album to us in less than two weeks. We're so happy with the way our photos turned out. I'm still amazed at how she captured so many different angles of the ceremony. Several of our guests even commented on how friendly she was and how well she "blended in" during the ceremony and reception!

I was also really impressed that Amanda took the time to visit our venue before the wedding to find cool spots for photos. We didn't even know about some of the spots she found, so it was awesome that she did that research! I would highly recommend Amanda to anyone looking for a photographer - she definitely made our day run smoothly!

Sent on 03/28/2019

Allie Dominique · Married on 10/20/2019

Amanda is amazing!

Amanda completely exceeded every expectation we had of our wedding photographer! She helped make our crazy photo dreams a reality by not even batting an eye when I told her I wanted to hike a mountain in my wedding dress. I never thought I would be one to hang my wedding photos in my house, but now I cannot wait to! She gave us photos we will cherish for our entire lives!

From the first meeting, to the engagement photos, to our wedding day, and after she was always so calm, extremely organized, and very thoughtful. We had a sneak peek of our photos before we woke up the morning after our wedding and already have our gallery just over a week later! I cannot say enough great things about her!

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 10/06/2019

Amanda is Amazing!

If you want a photographer that cares as much about your wedding as you do, Amanda is your girl. I am so happy with our decision to hire Amanda as our wedding photographer. Not only were our engagement photos what we wanted and more, but our wedding photos were even better. Amanda constantly went above and beyond throughout the entire year. From sending me flowers when my grandfather passed, to sending me a face mask to relax during the thick of planning, and a Starbucks gift card to keep me going during my final weeks of planning. She also gifted us a beautiful canvas print of one of our engagement photos on our wedding day. On our wedding day she was so on top of everything. She got photos that I didn't even notice she was there for. The candid photos she captured were precious and will be cherished forever. She was also awesome with my two young nieces during portraits.

Sent on 03/14/2019

Ryan Towle · Married on 10/06/2019

Exactly what we were looking for.

My fiancee’ and I had an engagement photo session with Amanda Rai Photography. She gave us a number of different location choices, all of which were amazing. We absolutely loved the entire gallery of photos that she provided, and the article was a nice touch.

Sent on 04/04/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 09/29/2019

Best Photographer Ever

Amanda is professional, personable, and very talented! My fiance and I met Amanda at a location that is very near and dear to our hearts; which made the shoot all that much more magical. It is summer in New England, so the weather was questionable, but cleared up to a perfectly blue sky when it came time for the shoot. Amanda was on board for an adventure, even when the weather was not ideal. We felt extremely comfortable when we arrived. She was prepared and had poses and locations in mind for the entirety of the shoot. Amanda's photography and editing skills were fantastic and just what we were looking for. The turnaround time was much faster than expected. She also suggests printed photos; which I personally love due to my scrapbooking passion! I would not hesitate to reach out to Amanda in the future for any/all of our photography needs.

Sent on 07/06/2019
  • Denise

Denise · Married on 09/29/2019

Love her!!

This review is LONG overdue! Our apologies for taking FOREVER!

Amanda does it AGAIN! She is absolutely amazing! We love working with Amanda, she is so much fun to work with and she made us both feel so comfortable from start to finish. She brought our personalities and our guests personalities through in our photos; which for us is so important!

You can literally feel the vibe from our wedding day come through when you look through our photos! And I can not tell you how much that means to us! We haven’t stopped getting compliments on how beautifully every photo looked, and how perfectly Amanda captured every moment & every detail of our special day.

Just writing this review I have goosebumps thinking back to how perfect every aspect of our wedding day was captured by Amanda. And that’s due to all the time and attention Amanda spends with each & every one of her clients/couples/families.

Thank you Amanda, we feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to have worked with you, and hope we can again in future!

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Kristyn

Kristyn Piotrowski · Married on 09/14/2019

Wonderful photographer!

Working with Amanda has been amazing! She was very prepared, and did everything she could to make our shoot comfortable and fun. She had great suggestions to help make our pictures look really special. And she got back to us with beautiful finished pictures very quickly! Amanda is a great photographer!

Sent on 03/10/2019

Samantha · Married on 09/06/2019

Amazing, Professional, Above & Beyond!

If you are looking for a personable, fun and all around genuinely sweet photographer, look no further!! Amanda is your girl!

When we first met with Amanda, she was very easy to talk to, professional and caring. I knew then that we were not going to find another photographer like her. Our engagement photos were beautiful and available within a few days after the shoot!! Her photos are bright, natural and gorgeous! Throughout the whole process Amanda made us feel like we were her only clients and knows how to make you feel special and appreciated. Amanda took the time to visit our venue before our wedding day to check it out and decide on good places for photos for our big day. She showed up early the day of our wedding and stayed late to get our grand exit photos. Three days after our wedding I received a text message from Amanda with a few sneak peak photos from our wedding and that our gallery would be ready by the end of the month. Three days after that we received an email stating that our photos were all edited and ready to be viewed!!! She really went above and beyond all our expectations! She had all our photos done in less than a week from our wedding!!! Our photos are absolutely beautiful! And we are truly blessed to have found Amanda!! Thank you Amanda Rai Photography!!!

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Stoddard · Married on 08/24/2019

Above and Beyond... That's Amanda!

When planning a wedding, it can be an incredible overwhelming experience. There are hundreds of different vendors out there for everything you can imagine! The most important part of my wedding day, for me, is the photographer. When it’s all said and done, your photographs are there forever, so I wanted to make sure that whomever we found to capture our day, really was willing to work with us and see us for who we are, not who they could make us look like. My Fiancé and I spent weeks looking for a photographer and from the first correspondence with Amanda, it was like a dream come true! She has always been so quick to respond to us whenever we have had questions or if any concerns have come up. We met with her for coffee and we felt so at ease with her that I knew we had to lock her down ASAP! Our engagement photos are the best photos we’ve ever had taken, and after almost 6 years together, we have a lot to compare! My Fiancé and I are always laughing and smiling and Amanda was able to capture those silly moments and still get more “intimate” shots without it looking posed and unnatural. We had a sneak peak of one of our photos within hours of our engagement session and we had all of our photos back within 3 days! I’m not ashamed to say that I cried when I saw them. I have never felt so beautiful in photos and I’m still obsessed with them. Amanda is a true gem, a blessing and I feel so lucky that she is going to be with us on our biggest day. Her photos are bright, clean and natural. She captures the beauty of the full shot and really takes the time to make sure everything is perfect for you, and not just for her. Her Instagram account is fun, interactive, and she pulls you into her life! If you are looking for a photographer that makes you feel like you are her only client, than talk to Amanda. The only “downside” is that I have to wait until my wedding to hang out with her again! Thank you, Amanda, for everything!!

Sent on 03/11/2019

Ashleigh Mondoux · Married on 06/08/2019

Amanda was top notch!

Amanda was top notch! We cannot say enough great things about her professionalism, warm personality and, most importantly, the beautiful photos we have of our wedding day. Amanda listened to our wants and needs and was accommodating every step of the way. She managed our large family very well and got everyone laughing, smiling and looking at the camera...crying kids and grumpy teenagers included. About a week or so after our wedding, while we were on our honeymoon, we were beyond thrilled when she told us our photos were ready! They are absolutely beautiful and we have received so many compliments about what a wonderful job she did. We certainly agree!

Sent on 07/28/2019

Julia · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing Experience!

I am so so happy with they way my pictures came out! She was so flexible with scheduling and super patient with us! I would definitely use her again for more photos and highly recommend as she got ALL of my pictures done within 24 hours!!

Sent on 01/05/2019

Ashley Allen · Married on 04/18/2019

Best Wedding Photographer Ever!!

Amanda went above and beyond! She kept us laughing and smiling and made everyone feel comfortable! She made sure we got all the shots we wanted and made us all feel like a million bucks! If you want someone who isn't afraid of a good time then Amanda is your girl! She will not let you down at all!

Sent on 05/05/2019
  • F

Felicia Chen · Married on 10/12/2018

Amanda-Professional, creative and worth it!

We are so grateful and thankful for Amanda! We didn't know what to expect or how the pictures would turn out but Amanda completely surprised us! She is proactive, a go-getter and doesn't leave things to the last minute (unlike me, the bride). Amanda took the initiative to find the church we were going to be married at to envision what the pictures will look like. She was ever so helpful in suggesting places and timings for our engagement and wedding shots. She is very creative and very kind when we basically didn't know how to pose or act. Most of all, we could tell that Amanda was excited for us, we could even feel her joy for us through her emails. She communicated very effectively and we are very grateful for that because sometimes we were quite forgetful. Amanda added to the joy of our wedding, she even showed up early even though she didn't have to. She was extremely professional and just very sweet from day one till the last shot. We are definitely blessed to have met Amanda and have her capture our moments in forever shots. Amanda offered the best price for her quality of pictures and service! So thankful for Amanda!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Melissa · Married on 09/30/2017

Amanda did a wonderful job shooting our wedding for us! She was easy to communicate with prior to our wedding day and went the extra mile going to the venue prior to the wedding day to check it out and make recommendations about lighting. She took beautiful photos and was so easy and fun to work with on our wedding day as well. Thanks Amanda!

Sent on 06/23/2018