Amanda Pomilla Photography Reviews

Amanda Pomilla Photography 4
Amanda Pomilla Photography 5
Amanda Pomilla Photography 6
Amanda Pomilla Photography 7

Amanda was awesome from beginning to the end!! From the start it was really easy to work with Amanda because she was so quick to respond to all the questions I had for her. This made figuring out all the details super smooth, and if you have already began your wedding planning you know how hard the process can be. So I really appreciated the ease of planning with Amanda. She made sure that we got everything we wanted in our photos and planned accordingly so that on the day of the wedding we would not need to worry at all. And we didn't. Our wedding day was actually the first time we met Amanda but it did not seem like it was our first time meeting. We enjoyed having Amanda there capturing our big day. She braved the HOT Texas summer taking our pictures. Throughout the whole time Amanda had a great attitude, despite the humidity, heat, and mosquitoes. She's a great person and a great photographer. We love our pictures. It was a delight working with her. Thanks, Amanda!!

Sent on 08/07/2015

From the moment we sent the first message/inquiry to Amanda, something felt fantastically right, and we were so eager to grab her as our photographer! So glad we did. I really can't stress that enough. Versus other choices, she was just the most fun and real one out there. She was totally inside our price point, but seemed to be of the same quality if not better than what we could have splurged and paid more to get. Over time, I feel like we became quite close, actually. Not sure that's the "typical" vibe of a photographer for a wedding, but hopefully you'll see these things for yourself: she's a joy to chat with, she struck up a sincere friendship with us outside the businessy aspects of the wedding, and kept us close all the way up until the big day. That meant months of talking to a really cool gal who made my wife and I feel like she genuinely cared about what was to happen. We found ourselves bragging about how lucky we were to find someone so awesome to partner with in this endeavor. She became one of the coolest parts of our wedding. It just seemed like she had everything under control, and I trusted her implicitly/unconditionally. Her pictures will speak volumes about how much she wants to work with you and capture your spirit inside the occasion. Nothing ever felt rushed or contrived. I think she just has a good way to balance the enjoyable parts of getting to know couples and getting the work done. No joke, this is not only a great photo artist, this is just a kind person who will do her best to let your style shine.

Sent on 08/09/2015

Kelly · Married on 04/18/2015

Amanda is amazing and her work is incredible. My husband and I LOVE our wedding photos and will cherish them forever. I am so thankful we chose Amanda to capture our big day. So many family members and friends have commented on the amazing-ness of our wedding pics. She is a prompt and thorough communicator both BEFORE and AFTER the wedding. I would recommend her to any couple who is looking for the best wedding photos ever.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Candice · Married on 04/11/2015

Amanda was SO great to work with and we LOVE the way she captured our best day ever. She was easy and fun throughout the whole process and in the end everyone was THRILLED at how the pics turned out (even my very particular, amateur photographer dad :) ). Oh and did I mention JCrew loved the pics as well because we got a feature in their real weddings section!! Everytime I look at our photos I can't help but smile remembering what a perfect day we had. I wouldn't change a thing: including Amanda!! She was a huge reason our day was so great.

Sent on 08/09/2015

Rebecca · Married on 11/21/2014

I had an intimate wedding with 10 people at a very popular venue in Austin, Chapel Dulcinea. It's so easy to find pictures of so many couples getting married there. Amanda made these wedding photos very personal and individualized to our ceremony at such a well known location. She caught my groom with the best smiles on his face that are so cherished. I gave her a list of photos I wanted prior to the ceremony due to time restraints with the facility and she executed them all, well organized and handled our blended family with such class. She was easy to work with, I never felt like I was "posing" for a wedding photo, she made me and my husband so at ease. And she did it between rain showers. I cannot say enough amazing things about her photography!! Thank you for capturing my day and providing me a priceless and timeless document :)

Sent on 01/23/2015

Caitlin · Married on 11/09/2014

Amanda Pomilla truly hit it out of the park at our wedding. She has an incredible eye for detail and great creative vision. If you are looking for a laid back " Austinite" photographer, she's your girl. What a local gem!

Sent on 01/03/2015

Maggie · Married on 11/08/2014

When initially planning our wedding, my husband and I... let's get serious, the bride plans EVERYTHING... Let me start again...

When planning our wedding, I wanted to focus on three key elements to create a truly enjoyable and memorable wedding. These elements included: amazing food and drink, great music, and (of course) wonderful photography. My husband and I fell in love with the natural look of Amanda's shots and immediately contacted her for our wedding. She was always quick to respond via email or text message and even met with me via face time to discuss our big day.

The day of our wedding, Amanda not only took on the role of being our wonderful photographer, she put up with my CRAZY family and also assisted with the timing of events- since we did not have a day of coordinator this saved us SO much grief!

Just recently, we viewed our photos and I couldn't be more happy with our decision to use Amanda as we were able to relive our wedding day through her shots! Not being used to having someone take photos of our every move, my husband and I were a little anxious about how the photos were going to turn out. Luckily, Amanda made us both very comfortable and it really showed.

I can not say enough how blessed we were to have Amanda and her team be part of our special day!

Sent on 12/31/2014

Amanda · Married on 10/25/2014

The photographer was such an important vendor selection for my fiance and me. Thankfully we have zero complaints about having booked Amanda to do our photos. She also did a bridal session for me, and all the photos are gorgeous and exactly the style we were hoping for. Beyond that, Amanda is just such a lovely, pleasant person to work with. She was responsive to emails, accommodating to schedules and special requests, and continues to do all of these things after the wedding is over until she's certain you're a satisfied customer. We're so grateful for the beautiful photos of our wedding. Thank you so much, Amanda!

Sent on 12/23/2014

Working with Amanda was a dream from beginning to end. The wedding pictures arrived at the perfect time - my husband and I were just sitting down to relax after a day of house projects. We relived our wedding day together with the gorgeous photographs, swapping stories and happy memories.

Amanda does a beautiful job and I highly recommend her services. Also, she is a joyful person who loves what she does and it shows. I could sense that she loved being married and having a family herself and that was the perfect vibe to be around on our wedding day!

Sent on 04/14/2014

Crystal · Married on 11/18/2013

Finding a wedding photographer was one of the more difficult tasks for us because my husband is a professional photographer himself. Once we met Amanda we knew she was the one to capture our special day. She exceeded our high expectations through the whole process but the greatest reward of all was getting the amazing photos she captured. Not to mention in a very timely manor! She captured the true essence of our day and gave such a variety of images. Nothing went unnoticed and we really appreciate the detail she gave to everything. These are the photos you cherish for a lifetime and they must be done right. Some things are bound to go wrong on your wedding day but the photos should never be one of them... Thanks to Amanda we had a beautiful wedding with stunning photos to prove it. Our only complaint is we want to frame them ALL but what a great problem that is! Amanda, our greatest thanks! Crystal and David

Sent on 12/30/2013

Savannah · Married on 08/10/2013

Amanda was very responsive to my questions and emails. Since I had no wedding planner she was very flexible with time and chaos. When it rained and things went wrong she was very calm and precise. I love her photojournalistic style, some of my favorite photos are of my friends and family having a great time. My husband and I are very pleased with how many wonderful photos we get to share with others.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Ashley · Married on 06/29/2013

Amanda did a beautiful job on ALL of my wedding pictures. I couldn't be more pleased with the results. She was extremely easy to work with and very responsive. You can see the time and detail she put into each individual photo, which really pays off as compared to larger/mass processing photographers. I would recommend Amanda to any of my friends and family. We hope to use her again for future family photos!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Lisa · Married on 11/03/2012

I could write a novel on how pleased we are with Amanda Pomilla Photography. Amanda did our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos. Our engagement session was rescheduled at least 5 times due to rainy weather and if you know Texas weather, it never rains! Amanda was calm and flexible throughout the rescheduling process (which kept me calm) and especially the day of the shoot. She made my husband and I feel comfortable behind the camera and gave us direction to capture some amazing downtown pictures. She even made time to let our dogs join in on some of the photos! On our wedding day, Amanda and her assistant were there the entire day taking photos of us, our wedding party, family, and friends as well as the venue, decorations and all the details. She gave us direction when needed but quietly captured personal moments that we will cherish forever. She will stand on a ladder, lay in the grass or do whatever it takes to take the most perfect pictures! And at the reception, she set up a photo booth with fun props for our guests to enjoy. If you want a smart, energetic, talented photographer, look no further than Amanda!!

Sent on 02/14/2013

Emily · Married on 11/13/2011

I couldn't find enough stars to give Amanda. She was such a pleasure to work with and has quickly become our go-to-gal for photography. She shot our engagement photos, our wedding, and soon she'll be shooting our maternity and newborn photos. Love love love!

Sent on 02/04/2013

Amy · Married on 11/15/2014

Amanda is amazing!!! Finding a photographer for our wedding was one of our biggest decisions and I was very serious about finding a photographer that I got along with and whose photography style I loved. Immediately after meeting Amanda, I knew we would have a great time together, and that she would deliver exactly the pictures I was hoping for. I was RIGHT! Our photos are absolutely stunning, there is no way I can choose a favorite, there are too many great ones to choose from!!
    Not only was Amanda extremely professional, but has tons of great ideas, and was very receptive to our ideas for pictures in both out engagement session and wedding photos. It was great not having to think about how we should be posing, and just let her work her magic with the camera!

Sent on 01/28/2015

Katie · Married on 06/18/2016

Amanda did an absolutely wonderful job capturing our engagement and wedding photos. Our portraits are beautiful and capture the emotion and joy of our big day, and the photos from our reception are amazing. Amanda truly caught all the special moments from our wedding and the photos portray all the fun, laughter, dancing, joy and love we and our family and friends were feeling. Looking back at the photos is like reliving the best day of our lives! I am incredibly happy with the photos and Amanda was a joy to work with - professional and kept us on track on the day of the wedding, but more importantly, so nice, caring and thoughtful throughout the process. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/28/2016