28 Reviews for Amanda Pomilla Photography

Wedding Portraits (2)
Destination / Travel (1)
Proofs (1)
28 Amanda Pomilla Photography Reviews

Where to start! Buckle up, y’all… this is going to be a long review.

Hiring Amanda for our engagements and wedding pictures was by far the best decision we made for our wedding (besides choosing each other, of course).

We each have big families – as is sometimes the case, due to health issues, travel, etc. some were unable to attend. Let me tell you the amount of TEARS shed over these wedding pictures. Without being there in person, I’ve had loved ones mention they could feel ALL the emotions of the day; the tears, the laughs, the hugs, the beaming smiles – Amanda caught them all with grace! She gave direction when helpful (think big family pictures, portraits), but even more impressively, stepped back and let the moments happen organically, while still capturing everyone in their best light. Even our wedding guests loved their pictures - so many family Christmas cards taken that day!

The authentic beauty in her photographs is unmatched. I knew that much by checking out her website. I would best describe her style as “candid, bright, romantic, and happy”. Beyond that though, Amanda is just plain fun to be around. She took the time to get to know us and help us feel comfortable in front of the camera, shared some of her birthday weekend hiking with us (engagements), and made our wedding day unforgettable.

Could not more highly recommend a photographer. As a couple who had never been professionally photographed, we look forward to working with Amanda in the future. Now to narrow down our favorites… we don’t have enough wall space to hang them all!

Profile Picture Sara, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Hiring Amanda as our photographer was, by far, the best money we spent on our wedding. Amanda was incredible every step of the way. Starting from the very beginning when I reached out to her for pricing and information, Amanda was helpful, kind, and funny. I live in San Diego and was planning my wedding from afar, so all of my correspondence with Amanda was via email or phone. I actually never met her in person until about 3 weeks before my wedding! But I felt so comfortable with her just from our email and phone conversations that I knew she was the photographer for me and hired her months in advance. Beginning with our very first emails to each other, it felt like I was talking with an old friend because she is so warm and inviting. Everyone at our wedding loved her as well. She was on time (actually early because she wanted to check out the best locations for photos that day – I mean, c’mon! She’s a superstar!), friendly, and professional. During the family portrait sessions after the ceremony, she really took charge and made sure we got through all of the family photos quickly (and beautifully) so that my husband and I could have a long photo session of just the two of us during the “golden hour.” I will forever be thankful for the sweet and vulnerable moments she captured of our wedding day.

Profile Picture Hillary, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

AMANDA WAS AMAZING!!!! We asked Amanda to take time out of her personal and professional life to travel to a different country and stay for a few days! We made the best choice EVER!!! When we received our sneak peak photos (ON THE SAME NIGHT WE GOT MARRIED MIGHT I ADD!!!) my husband and I were both so in aww of her work and our wedding photos!! When we received the rest of our photos, we were both crying with happiness and how beautifully she captured every moment! THANK YOU so much Amanda for everything!! Your work, our friendship and for making the trip to spend with our family and friends in Mexico who all adored you as much as we both did!!!

Profile Picture Allyson, 7/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Destination / Travel, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, One Event/Day, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files, Prints, Thank You Cards

My wife works in the wedding industry and I knew whoever she choose would be great but I was blown away when I saw our wedding photos! You can't go wrong when booking Amanda and we can't wait to do more sessions with her!

Profile Picture Garrett, 7/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Amanda was amazing and our wedding was perfect! She was cool and calm during all of the chaos. She was very detailed and knew exactly what to do, when we had no clue. She was helpful and patient. The pictures came out beautiful. She captured the emotions of the day and the uniqueness of the venue. It was the best day ever!

Profile Picture Erika, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Wedding Portraits

I officiate between 40-50 wedding ceremonies a year. So, I've also worked with many photographers. Amanda and her team were a pleasure to work with. They were professional on site, and the results show up in the photographs. Even with difficult light, the results were outstanding! Wedding ceremonies can be emotional and very sensitive. Amanda and her team were wonderfully respectful of this. I would wholeheartedly recommend her!

Profile Picture Andrew, 2/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Amanda was absolutely fantastic! We couldn't be happier with our wedding photos, each and every shot is just gorgeous! And Amanda herself was so attentive and accommodating to all of our requests making the whole process a breeze! Even when we hit some hiccups the day of (the family portrait spot I picked out put shadows on everyone's faces) Amanda was so amazing and flexible. She picked out an even more beautiful portrait spot and managed to herd both of our families over there flawlessly. Not only is Amanda experienced and professional but she is incredibly talented and creative. We are so happy she was a part of our day and we can't recommend her highly enough!

Profile Picture Maddie, 2/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Amanda has a wonderful eye and really understood the kind of pictures we were hoping to have of our big day! She was very friendly, easy to work with, helpful, and professional. We were very happy to have worked with her and recommend her highly!

Profile Picture Megham, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

We hired Amanda Pomilla for our daughter's wedding at Ranch Austin in October 2016. She is an exceptionally gifted photographer and such a blessing to work with. Her creativity and leadership were amazing! She was extremely efficient, but incredibly focused on the magical moments - as evidenced by the pictures she produced! Amanda performed pure photographic magic for our daughter's BEST DAY EVER!! Amanda truly cares about what the Bride and Groom, and the families desire. She listens to your vision and implements it with ease. We all feel as if she has been a friend of the family for years! CHOOSE "Amanda Pomilla Photography"!!

Profile Picture Barbara, 10/7/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, One Event/Day
4.7

Amanda did an absolutely wonderful job capturing our engagement and wedding photos. Our portraits are beautiful and capture the emotion and joy of our big day, and the photos from our reception are amazing. Amanda truly caught all the special moments from our wedding and the photos portray all the fun, laughter, dancing, joy and love we and our family and friends were feeling. Looking back at the photos is like reliving the best day of our lives! I am incredibly happy with the photos and Amanda was a joy to work with - professional and kept us on track on the day of the wedding, but more importantly, so nice, caring and thoughtful throughout the process. I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Katie, 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Amanda was an absolute dream! She hopped on board to help us out of a jam when our photographer bailed on us a month before the wedding, and now I'm so glad it worked out that way. We were obviously a bit shaken by our experience but Amanda immediately put us at ease. I'm a total control freak and I immediately felt comfortable in her hands. Amanda was meant to be our photographer all along! She's so kind, personal, flexible, fun and talented. We absolutely love the photos from our wedding ! She really understood us and our personalities and captured our day just the way we wanted. You'll look at a dozens of photographer sites and it'll be hard to compare them. Know that Amanda really goes above and beyond and really cares so deeply for her clients. Having just been through the process myself, having a trustworthy and caring person to work with is just as important as the results themselves, and luckily Amanda is just as lovely a person as she is a talent photographer.

Profile Picture Valerie, 4/9/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Digital Files

AMANDA AND HER PHOTOS ARE AMAZING!! We spent way to much time going over them again and again. They were all so good it's really been tough to narrow down ones to print & put in books. She's great in the moment - makes you laugh, feel comfortable, etc. And the end results are fantastic. LOVE!

Profile Picture User6570994, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day

Amanda did a wonderful job as our wedding photographer! She was very easy to work with, and she captured so many special moments throughout the day. We have a few family members who don't really like having their picture taken, but we still have plenty of smiles from them in Amanda's photos. On wedding day, Amanda was with us for 8 hours along with a second shooter. She and our coordinator worked well together, and everything went smoothly including our pre- and post-ceremony portraits and the wedding party photos during the reception. We have so many great photos, I don't know how I'm going to choose my favorites for prints. Amanda also did a bridal portrait session prior to the wedding, and she patiently set up many great shots despite the humidity and mosquitoes keeping us company in Texas in June. We highly recommend Amanda!

Profile Picture Kristin, 8/1/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

Amanda was awesome from beginning to the end!! From the start it was really easy to work with Amanda because she was so quick to respond to all the questions I had for her. This made figuring out all the details super smooth, and if you have already began your wedding planning you know how hard the process can be. So I really appreciated the ease of planning with Amanda. She made sure that we got everything we wanted in our photos and planned accordingly so that on the day of the wedding we would not need to worry at all. And we didn't. Our wedding day was actually the first time we met Amanda but it did not seem like it was our first time meeting. We enjoyed having Amanda there capturing our big day. She braved the HOT Texas summer taking our pictures. Throughout the whole time Amanda had a great attitude, despite the humidity, heat, and mosquitoes. She's a great person and a great photographer. We love our pictures. It was a delight working with her. Thanks, Amanda!!

Profile Picture User4757491, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

From the moment we sent the first message/inquiry to Amanda, something felt fantastically right, and we were so eager to grab her as our photographer! So glad we did. I really can't stress that enough. Versus other choices, she was just the most fun and real one out there. She was totally inside our price point, but seemed to be of the same quality if not better than what we could have splurged and paid more to get. Over time, I feel like we became quite close, actually. Not sure that's the "typical" vibe of a photographer for a wedding, but hopefully you'll see these things for yourself: she's a joy to chat with, she struck up a sincere friendship with us outside the businessy aspects of the wedding, and kept us close all the way up until the big day. That meant months of talking to a really cool gal who made my wife and I feel like she genuinely cared about what was to happen. We found ourselves bragging about how lucky we were to find someone so awesome to partner with in this endeavor. She became one of the coolest parts of our wedding. It just seemed like she had everything under control, and I trusted her implicitly/unconditionally. Her pictures will speak volumes about how much she wants to work with you and capture your spirit inside the occasion. Nothing ever felt rushed or contrived. I think she just has a good way to balance the enjoyable parts of getting to know couples and getting the work done. No joke, this is not only a great photo artist, this is just a kind person who will do her best to let your style shine.

Profile Picture User5329474, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Amanda is amazing and her work is incredible. My husband and I LOVE our wedding photos and will cherish them forever. I am so thankful we chose Amanda to capture our big day. So many family members and friends have commented on the amazing-ness of our wedding pics. She is a prompt and thorough communicator both BEFORE and AFTER the wedding. I would recommend her to any couple who is looking for the best wedding photos ever.

Profile Picture Kelly, 4/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, One Event/Day, Albums, Digital Files

Amanda was SO great to work with and we LOVE the way she captured our best day ever. She was easy and fun throughout the whole process and in the end everyone was THRILLED at how the pics turned out (even my very particular, amateur photographer dad :) ). Oh and did I mention JCrew loved the pics as well because we got a feature in their real weddings section!! Everytime I look at our photos I can't help but smile remembering what a perfect day we had. I wouldn't change a thing: including Amanda!! She was a huge reason our day was so great.

Profile Picture Candice, 4/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I had an intimate wedding with 10 people at a very popular venue in Austin, Chapel Dulcinea. It's so easy to find pictures of so many couples getting married there. Amanda made these wedding photos very personal and individualized to our ceremony at such a well known location. She caught my groom with the best smiles on his face that are so cherished. I gave her a list of photos I wanted prior to the ceremony due to time restraints with the facility and she executed them all, well organized and handled our blended family with such class. She was easy to work with, I never felt like I was "posing" for a wedding photo, she made me and my husband so at ease. And she did it between rain showers. I cannot say enough amazing things about her photography!! Thank you for capturing my day and providing me a priceless and timeless document :)

Profile Picture Rebecca, 11/21/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Amanda is amazing!!! Finding a photographer for our wedding was one of our biggest decisions and I was very serious about finding a photographer that I got along with and whose photography style I loved. Immediately after meeting Amanda, I knew we would have a great time together, and that she would deliver exactly the pictures I was hoping for. I was RIGHT! Our photos are absolutely stunning, there is no way I can choose a favorite, there are too many great ones to choose from!!
Not only was Amanda extremely professional, but has tons of great ideas, and was very receptive to our ideas for pictures in both out engagement session and wedding photos. It was great not having to think about how we should be posing, and just let her work her magic with the camera!

Profile Picture Amy, 11/15/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Amanda Pomilla truly hit it out of the park at our wedding. She has an incredible eye for detail and great creative vision. If you are looking for a laid back " Austinite" photographer, she's your girl. What a local gem!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 11/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

When initially planning our wedding, my husband and I... let's get serious, the bride plans EVERYTHING... Let me start again...

When planning our wedding, I wanted to focus on three key elements to create a truly enjoyable and memorable wedding. These elements included: amazing food and drink, great music, and (of course) wonderful photography. My husband and I fell in love with the natural look of Amanda's shots and immediately contacted her for our wedding. She was always quick to respond via email or text message and even met with me via face time to discuss our big day.

The day of our wedding, Amanda not only took on the role of being our wonderful photographer, she put up with my CRAZY family and also assisted with the timing of events- since we did not have a day of coordinator this saved us SO much grief!

Just recently, we viewed our photos and I couldn't be more happy with our decision to use Amanda as we were able to relive our wedding day through her shots! Not being used to having someone take photos of our every move, my husband and I were a little anxious about how the photos were going to turn out. Luckily, Amanda made us both very comfortable and it really showed.

I can not say enough how blessed we were to have Amanda and her team be part of our special day!

Profile Picture Maggie, 11/8/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

The photographer was such an important vendor selection for my fiance and me. Thankfully we have zero complaints about having booked Amanda to do our photos. She also did a bridal session for me, and all the photos are gorgeous and exactly the style we were hoping for. Beyond that, Amanda is just such a lovely, pleasant person to work with. She was responsive to emails, accommodating to schedules and special requests, and continues to do all of these things after the wedding is over until she's certain you're a satisfied customer. We're so grateful for the beautiful photos of our wedding. Thank you so much, Amanda!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/25/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Working with Amanda was a dream from beginning to end. The wedding pictures arrived at the perfect time - my husband and I were just sitting down to relax after a day of house projects. We relived our wedding day together with the gorgeous photographs, swapping stories and happy memories.

Amanda does a beautiful job and I highly recommend her services. Also, she is a joyful person who loves what she does and it shows. I could sense that she loved being married and having a family herself and that was the perfect vibe to be around on our wedding day!

Profile Picture User4036551, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Finding a wedding photographer was one of the more difficult tasks for us because my husband is a professional photographer himself. Once we met Amanda we knew she was the one to capture our special day. She exceeded our high expectations through the whole process but the greatest reward of all was getting the amazing photos she captured. Not to mention in a very timely manor! She captured the true essence of our day and gave such a variety of images. Nothing went unnoticed and we really appreciate the detail she gave to everything. These are the photos you cherish for a lifetime and they must be done right. Some things are bound to go wrong on your wedding day but the photos should never be one of them... Thanks to Amanda we had a beautiful wedding with stunning photos to prove it. Our only complaint is we want to frame them ALL but what a great problem that is! Amanda, our greatest thanks! Crystal and David

Profile Picture Crystal, 11/18/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Amanda was very responsive to my questions and emails. Since I had no wedding planner she was very flexible with time and chaos. When it rained and things went wrong she was very calm and precise. I love her photojournalistic style, some of my favorite photos are of my friends and family having a great time. My husband and I are very pleased with how many wonderful photos we get to share with others.

Profile Picture Savannah, 8/10/13, 1 Review