Amanda Pomilla Photography Reviews

32 | Leander, TX

32 Reviews for Amanda Pomilla Photography

32 Amanda Pomilla Photography Reviews

Donald · Getting married on 04/06/2019

Haven’t even gotten our wedding photos yet but had to rave about her shooting an engagement shoot for us! She came out to our place and really made us feel special! Worked with us on locations, timing and even weather! We feel blessed to have her booked for our special day and can rest easy knowing what a great job she is going to do!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Amanda Pomilla Photography's reply:

Thank you, Donald! I had such a great time getting to know you and Claire - and of course spending a little play time with the pups! Looking forward to working with you two again on wedding day!!

Katherine · Married on 05/12/2018

Of all the wedding decisions we had to make, choosing Amanda for our photographer was the easiest and best! We are so thankful that it was Amanda who captured our special day, and we could not possibly recommend her more.

Amanda was listed as a preferred vendor at our wedding venue (Hyatt Regency Lost Pines) and it was important to us to have a photographer who was familiar with the large property and would know all the best spots to shoot. From the very first e-mail response, she was so helpful and sweet that she already felt like a good friend. When it came time for us to choose a wedding date, we not only considered when our families were available, but whether Amanda was available too!

We skipped engagement photos and didn't have a standard reception after the ceremony, so we loved that Amanda worked with us on pricing and didn't hold us to a standard package that had more than we needed. Her experience and advice was invaluable during our wedding planning; she even helped us choose what ceremony time would maximize the best lighting, etc! She managed to make us feel relaxed on our wedding day, despite neither of us having professional photos taken before. We had so much fun with portraits before the ceremony that any nerves we had seemed to melt away.

In less than 48 hours, she sent a sneak peak with a large number of photos! It took a couple of months to receive the entire set but they were definitely worth the wait (and we did get married during peak wedding season when photographers are super busy). Since we had a tiny ceremony and most of our extended family and friends were not there to witness our marriage in person, the photographs were extremely important to us, and they are absolutely amazing. I'll admit, I am normally very critical of photos and I love them.

P.S. If you decide to have alpacas (or other animals) at your wedding, Amanda is totally up for the challenge!

Amanda Pomilla Photography 1
    Amanda Pomilla Photography 2
    Amanda Pomilla Photography 3
  • devlaw

Devin · Married on 05/05/2018

A good wedding photographer was hands down the most important thing to us in planning our wedding. We read all the reviews and I spent hours looking at photographer's blogs and websites. I was immediately drawn to Amanda's work on her website - you can SEE how well she captures emotion. I reached out to her, and instead of a form reply, I got one full of references to my dog and queso. She felt like a friend! Our engagement session was fun and had my stiff-in-front-of-the-camera husband feeling comfortable and laughing. Amanda was extremely easy to keep in touch with before the wedding and even provided advice and feedback for my ideas. She even (like a genius) sent a word document for us to fill out before the wedding that included all those big posed family shots we "had to have" and any special touches that had meaning. As a result, we got ALL the family photos I needed without me having to remember a thing on the day and close-ups of the Sam Adams we put out in memory of my grandfather. And guys, let me tell you, our photos are INCREDIBLE. They are so beautiful and captured every important moment. The emotions! She got my dad's face when he saw me for the first time (my dad cried again when he saw the photo), a precious moment with my dog, our reactions right after the first kiss, and my husband tearing up the dancefloor. We will treasure these photos forever. Honestly, it's been over a month and I still pull them open to look at them all the time (never fails to make me happier). She also gives you ALL the digital files! I've received a ton of compliments on them from friends. I cannot imagine better photos of our wedding. If I could use emojis here, it would just be a bunch of the heart eyes-confetti cannon-sunflower-hearts-smiley face. Long story short: Amanda is awesome as a person and awesome as a photographer. She captures YOU on your wedding day, and really...is there anything more magical than that?

Sent on 08/21/2018
    Amanda Pomilla Photography 4
    Amanda Pomilla Photography 5
    Amanda Pomilla Photography 6
    Amanda Pomilla Photography 7

Amanda Pomilla Photography's reply:

DEVIN! My amazing Devin! I am so grateful to have had this time with you and Charlie (and Indy!)!! When we first sat down and chatted in person I knew I liked you (heck, you knew I did because of your wedding date!). You two were always fun, informative about what you wanted, easy going about your love and capturing it. You had no problem getting up and dancing for me at sunrise for your engagement session. You didn't bat an eye when you thought rain might stalk your wedding day. You had amazing personal touches on your wedding day, and omg, am I glad I watched Parks and Rec before your wedding, haha! You are that girl I want to keep, I'd pick you right up and put you in my friend circle! On your own wedding day you remembered my birthday and brought me a gift. You are selfless, sweet, and hilarious as all get out! Never stop laughing either because if you have a "cackle" then my "snort" might be the perfect counter! I love how invested you were on instagram, I felt like I knew exactly what you wanted on the wedding day. Your openness and personality made everything! I will always love your wedding day!

Kimberly · Married on 04/07/2018

WOW! Amanda shot our wedding in April. We had booked her and her partner to photograph our wedding allll day (from getting ready pictures to sparklers at the end of the night) and man, they did not disappoint. Let's start from the beginning, we had a whole plan for our beautiful spring wedding with lots of photos outside at different Austin locations...well it ended up being 50 degrees and windy. Amanda was still able to get the outdoor photos I wanted quickly and with so much skill. She was also super flexible and was able to adapt our outdoor plan to something much more reasonable ( and much less cold).
    I was also so happy with Amanda because of her versatility. We got ready at the Driskill, married at St.Marys Cathedral, and had our reception at Mercury Hall...three very different venues. From the halls of the Driskill, to full shots inside and outside of the cathedral, to candids at the reception... every photo was beautiful. She also was a blessing because she understands all of the rules involved in getting married in a Catholic Church and was so professional and courteous, not to mention the church photos (which I was worried would be dark or gloomy) were stunningly beautiful. They look like something out of a catalog.
    I was also shocked when I woke up the next morning to an email from Amanda with a preview of my photos! She worked alllll day and then went home and made me an album of highlight photos. That was an amazing touch that helped tide me over until all the wedding photos were ready.
    The last thing I will say is that Amanda was so easy to stay in touch with. I was planning out wedding from Houston and Amanda was always quick to reply via email or phone call. She was by my side every step of the way.
    I cannot recommend Amanda more. The photos are a huge highlight of our wedding day and know being able to look back they bring so much joy and happiness. I would 100% hire Amanda again and think you should too.

Sent on 08/21/2018
    Amanda Pomilla Photography 8
    Amanda Pomilla Photography 9
    Amanda Pomilla Photography 10
    Amanda Pomilla Photography 11

Amanda Pomilla Photography's reply:

I don't even know how to respond to this through the tears! I was super looking forward to your wedding, and I was crushed when I got the flu the weekend before. I told that doctor he had better cure me fast because I had an amazing wedding to be ready for asap! You guys rolled with everything I asked you to do, even if it did involve a cold mimosa toast at the Driskill or a crazy from 6th street ;) I cannot say enough nice things about you and Tony and how your personalities and generous spirits make that kind of fantastic day possible! Couples like you make me Love. This. Job. Thank you for choosing me!

Sara · Married on 11/18/2017

Where to start! Buckle up, y’all… this is going to be a long review.

Hiring Amanda for our engagements and wedding pictures was by far the best decision we made for our wedding (besides choosing each other, of course).

We each have big families – as is sometimes the case, due to health issues, travel, etc. some were unable to attend. Let me tell you the amount of TEARS shed over these wedding pictures. Without being there in person, I’ve had loved ones mention they could feel ALL the emotions of the day; the tears, the laughs, the hugs, the beaming smiles – Amanda caught them all with grace! She gave direction when helpful (think big family pictures, portraits), but even more impressively, stepped back and let the moments happen organically, while still capturing everyone in their best light. Even our wedding guests loved their pictures - so many family Christmas cards taken that day!

The authentic beauty in her photographs is unmatched. I knew that much by checking out her website. I would best describe her style as “candid, bright, romantic, and happy”. Beyond that though, Amanda is just plain fun to be around. She took the time to get to know us and help us feel comfortable in front of the camera, shared some of her birthday weekend hiking with us (engagements), and made our wedding day unforgettable.

Could not more highly recommend a photographer. As a couple who had never been professionally photographed, we look forward to working with Amanda in the future. Now to narrow down our favorites… we don’t have enough wall space to hang them all!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Amanda Pomilla Photography's reply:

SARA. I'm crying. You are the absolute sweetest! Your review is so touching and personalized, I could not be more appreciative! <3 I just want to hug you and feed you baked goods! *tears* You noticed so many of the things I strive for that I sometimes wonder (after sending a gallery out into the abyss) "did they notice?" "did they love that as much as I did?" "what about the families, are they happy?" GAH. You were eloquent and generous, and I don't know how to thank you enough! *big super gigantic hugs*

Hillary · Married on 09/02/2017

Hiring Amanda as our photographer was, by far, the best money we spent on our wedding. Amanda was incredible every step of the way. Starting from the very beginning when I reached out to her for pricing and information, Amanda was helpful, kind, and funny. I live in San Diego and was planning my wedding from afar, so all of my correspondence with Amanda was via email or phone. I actually never met her in person until about 3 weeks before my wedding! But I felt so comfortable with her just from our email and phone conversations that I knew she was the photographer for me and hired her months in advance. Beginning with our very first emails to each other, it felt like I was talking with an old friend because she is so warm and inviting. Everyone at our wedding loved her as well. She was on time (actually early because she wanted to check out the best locations for photos that day – I mean, c’mon! She’s a superstar!), friendly, and professional. During the family portrait sessions after the ceremony, she really took charge and made sure we got through all of the family photos quickly (and beautifully) so that my husband and I could have a long photo session of just the two of us during the “golden hour.” I will forever be thankful for the sweet and vulnerable moments she captured of our wedding day.

Allyson · Married on 07/24/2017

AMANDA WAS AMAZING!!!! We asked Amanda to take time out of her personal and professional life to travel to a different country and stay for a few days! We made the best choice EVER!!! When we received our sneak peak photos (ON THE SAME NIGHT WE GOT MARRIED MIGHT I ADD!!!) my husband and I were both so in aww of her work and our wedding photos!! When we received the rest of our photos, we were both crying with happiness and how beautifully she captured every moment! THANK YOU so much Amanda for everything!! Your work, our friendship and for making the trip to spend with our family and friends in Mexico who all adored you as much as we both did!!!

Garrett · Married on 07/23/2017

My wife works in the wedding industry and I knew whoever she choose would be great but I was blown away when I saw our wedding photos! You can't go wrong when booking Amanda and we can't wait to do more sessions with her!

Erika · Married on 04/29/2017

Amanda was amazing and our wedding was perfect! She was cool and calm during all of the chaos. She was very detailed and knew exactly what to do, when we had no clue. She was helpful and patient. The pictures came out beautiful. She captured the emotions of the day and the uniqueness of the venue. It was the best day ever!

Andrew · Married on 02/25/2017

I officiate between 40-50 wedding ceremonies a year. So, I've also worked with many photographers. Amanda and her team were a pleasure to work with. They were professional on site, and the results show up in the photographs. Even with difficult light, the results were outstanding! Wedding ceremonies can be emotional and very sensitive. Amanda and her team were wonderfully respectful of this. I would wholeheartedly recommend her!

Maddie · Married on 02/11/2017

Amanda was absolutely fantastic! We couldn't be happier with our wedding photos, each and every shot is just gorgeous! And Amanda herself was so attentive and accommodating to all of our requests making the whole process a breeze! Even when we hit some hiccups the day of (the family portrait spot I picked out put shadows on everyone's faces) Amanda was so amazing and flexible. She picked out an even more beautiful portrait spot and managed to herd both of our families over there flawlessly. Not only is Amanda experienced and professional but she is incredibly talented and creative. We are so happy she was a part of our day and we can't recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Amanda Pomilla Photography's reply:

Thank you, Maddie! I appreciate you taking the time to leave a kind review for me, and I'm not surprised because even on your wedding day you had such a generous heart for what would make everyone else happy! It has been fantastic working with you and getting to know you and Matthew better! Spending time with you and your mom on bridal day was a fun bonus, and I hope all of you will enjoy the pictures for years to come!

Megham · Married on 10/15/2016

Amanda has a wonderful eye and really understood the kind of pictures we were hoping to have of our big day! She was very friendly, easy to work with, helpful, and professional. We were very happy to have worked with her and recommend her highly!

Barbara · Married on 10/07/2016

We hired Amanda Pomilla for our daughter's wedding at Ranch Austin in October 2016. She is an exceptionally gifted photographer and such a blessing to work with. Her creativity and leadership were amazing! She was extremely efficient, but incredibly focused on the magical moments - as evidenced by the pictures she produced! Amanda performed pure photographic magic for our daughter's BEST DAY EVER!! Amanda truly cares about what the Bride and Groom, and the families desire. She listens to your vision and implements it with ease. We all feel as if she has been a friend of the family for years! CHOOSE "Amanda Pomilla Photography"!!

Valerie · Married on 04/09/2016

Amanda was an absolute dream! She hopped on board to help us out of a jam when our photographer bailed on us a month before the wedding, and now I'm so glad it worked out that way. We were obviously a bit shaken by our experience but Amanda immediately put us at ease. I'm a total control freak and I immediately felt comfortable in her hands. Amanda was meant to be our photographer all along! She's so kind, personal, flexible, fun and talented. We absolutely love the photos from our wedding ! She really understood us and our personalities and captured our day just the way we wanted. You'll look at a dozens of photographer sites and it'll be hard to compare them. Know that Amanda really goes above and beyond and really cares so deeply for her clients. Having just been through the process myself, having a trustworthy and caring person to work with is just as important as the results themselves, and luckily Amanda is just as lovely a person as she is a talent photographer.

Sent on 06/24/2016

Amanda Pomilla Photography's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you! I'm so thrilled the universe put us together in the nick of time for your big day! You two were fun and stylish, the wedding party was so easy going, and your family made me feel so welcome. I hope you'll keep in touch and say 'hi' when you come through Austin! Thank you a million times for this amazing review, you're the best! <3

AMANDA AND HER PHOTOS ARE AMAZING!! We spent way to much time going over them again and again. They were all so good it's really been tough to narrow down ones to print & put in books. She's great in the moment - makes you laugh, feel comfortable, etc. And the end results are fantastic. LOVE!

Sent on 04/07/2016

Amanda Pomilla Photography's reply:

C, it was an absolute pleasure to work with you on your engagement session, the beautiful bridal, and your amazing wedding! I was thrilled to meet you both and see you take the first step in this huge journey, and you did it with serious style and grace! Thank you for including me in the fun!

Kristin · Married on 08/01/2015

Amanda did a wonderful job as our wedding photographer! She was very easy to work with, and she captured so many special moments throughout the day. We have a few family members who don't really like having their picture taken, but we still have plenty of smiles from them in Amanda's photos. On wedding day, Amanda was with us for 8 hours along with a second shooter. She and our coordinator worked well together, and everything went smoothly including our pre- and post-ceremony portraits and the wedding party photos during the reception. We have so many great photos, I don't know how I'm going to choose my favorites for prints. Amanda also did a bridal portrait session prior to the wedding, and she patiently set up many great shots despite the humidity and mosquitoes keeping us company in Texas in June. We highly recommend Amanda!

Amanda was awesome from beginning to the end!! From the start it was really easy to work with Amanda because she was so quick to respond to all the questions I had for her. This made figuring out all the details super smooth, and if you have already began your wedding planning you know how hard the process can be. So I really appreciated the ease of planning with Amanda. She made sure that we got everything we wanted in our photos and planned accordingly so that on the day of the wedding we would not need to worry at all. And we didn't. Our wedding day was actually the first time we met Amanda but it did not seem like it was our first time meeting. We enjoyed having Amanda there capturing our big day. She braved the HOT Texas summer taking our pictures. Throughout the whole time Amanda had a great attitude, despite the humidity, heat, and mosquitoes. She's a great person and a great photographer. We love our pictures. It was a delight working with her. Thanks, Amanda!!

From the moment we sent the first message/inquiry to Amanda, something felt fantastically right, and we were so eager to grab her as our photographer! So glad we did. I really can't stress that enough. Versus other choices, she was just the most fun and real one out there. She was totally inside our price point, but seemed to be of the same quality if not better than what we could have splurged and paid more to get. Over time, I feel like we became quite close, actually. Not sure that's the "typical" vibe of a photographer for a wedding, but hopefully you'll see these things for yourself: she's a joy to chat with, she struck up a sincere friendship with us outside the businessy aspects of the wedding, and kept us close all the way up until the big day. That meant months of talking to a really cool gal who made my wife and I feel like she genuinely cared about what was to happen. We found ourselves bragging about how lucky we were to find someone so awesome to partner with in this endeavor. She became one of the coolest parts of our wedding. It just seemed like she had everything under control, and I trusted her implicitly/unconditionally. Her pictures will speak volumes about how much she wants to work with you and capture your spirit inside the occasion. Nothing ever felt rushed or contrived. I think she just has a good way to balance the enjoyable parts of getting to know couples and getting the work done. No joke, this is not only a great photo artist, this is just a kind person who will do her best to let your style shine.

Kelly · Married on 04/18/2015

Amanda is amazing and her work is incredible. My husband and I LOVE our wedding photos and will cherish them forever. I am so thankful we chose Amanda to capture our big day. So many family members and friends have commented on the amazing-ness of our wedding pics. She is a prompt and thorough communicator both BEFORE and AFTER the wedding. I would recommend her to any couple who is looking for the best wedding photos ever.

Candice · Married on 04/11/2015

Amanda was SO great to work with and we LOVE the way she captured our best day ever. She was easy and fun throughout the whole process and in the end everyone was THRILLED at how the pics turned out (even my very particular, amateur photographer dad :) ). Oh and did I mention JCrew loved the pics as well because we got a feature in their real weddings section!! Everytime I look at our photos I can't help but smile remembering what a perfect day we had. I wouldn't change a thing: including Amanda!! She was a huge reason our day was so great.

Rebecca · Married on 11/21/2014

I had an intimate wedding with 10 people at a very popular venue in Austin, Chapel Dulcinea. It's so easy to find pictures of so many couples getting married there. Amanda made these wedding photos very personal and individualized to our ceremony at such a well known location. She caught my groom with the best smiles on his face that are so cherished. I gave her a list of photos I wanted prior to the ceremony due to time restraints with the facility and she executed them all, well organized and handled our blended family with such class. She was easy to work with, I never felt like I was "posing" for a wedding photo, she made me and my husband so at ease. And she did it between rain showers. I cannot say enough amazing things about her photography!! Thank you for capturing my day and providing me a priceless and timeless document :)

Caitlin · Married on 11/09/2014

Amanda Pomilla truly hit it out of the park at our wedding. She has an incredible eye for detail and great creative vision. If you are looking for a laid back " Austinite" photographer, she's your girl. What a local gem!

Maggie · Married on 11/08/2014

When initially planning our wedding, my husband and I... let's get serious, the bride plans EVERYTHING... Let me start again...

When planning our wedding, I wanted to focus on three key elements to create a truly enjoyable and memorable wedding. These elements included: amazing food and drink, great music, and (of course) wonderful photography. My husband and I fell in love with the natural look of Amanda's shots and immediately contacted her for our wedding. She was always quick to respond via email or text message and even met with me via face time to discuss our big day.

The day of our wedding, Amanda not only took on the role of being our wonderful photographer, she put up with my CRAZY family and also assisted with the timing of events- since we did not have a day of coordinator this saved us SO much grief!

Just recently, we viewed our photos and I couldn't be more happy with our decision to use Amanda as we were able to relive our wedding day through her shots! Not being used to having someone take photos of our every move, my husband and I were a little anxious about how the photos were going to turn out. Luckily, Amanda made us both very comfortable and it really showed.

I can not say enough how blessed we were to have Amanda and her team be part of our special day!

Amanda · Married on 10/25/2014

The photographer was such an important vendor selection for my fiance and me. Thankfully we have zero complaints about having booked Amanda to do our photos. She also did a bridal session for me, and all the photos are gorgeous and exactly the style we were hoping for. Beyond that, Amanda is just such a lovely, pleasant person to work with. She was responsive to emails, accommodating to schedules and special requests, and continues to do all of these things after the wedding is over until she's certain you're a satisfied customer. We're so grateful for the beautiful photos of our wedding. Thank you so much, Amanda!

Working with Amanda was a dream from beginning to end. The wedding pictures arrived at the perfect time - my husband and I were just sitting down to relax after a day of house projects. We relived our wedding day together with the gorgeous photographs, swapping stories and happy memories.

Amanda does a beautiful job and I highly recommend her services. Also, she is a joyful person who loves what she does and it shows. I could sense that she loved being married and having a family herself and that was the perfect vibe to be around on our wedding day!