Amanda Maglione Photography Reviews

Amanda Maglione Photography 5
Amanda Maglione Photography 6
Amanda Maglione Photography 7

Megan · Getting married on 12/28/2019

My fiance and I hired Amanda for an engagement session. She made us feel very comfortable, and her work was amazing! She invests her entire focus and energy into what she is doing. You can tell she loves her job. We couldn't be happier with our choice.

Sent on 10/20/2017
    Amanda Maglione Photography 12
    Amanda Maglione Photography 13
    Amanda Maglione Photography 14

Marieta P · Married on 03/16/2019

Summary: lucky to have found Amanda!

Amanda has been great from beginning to end! We lucked out with this photographer and it all came from a Google search. She responded to my inquiry promptly, professionally, and very enthusiastically. Even though we initially thought her services might be expensive for us, the quality of her work, her professionalism, and transparency convinced us that she’s worth the investment and we certainly are happy with the decision. Amanda had creative ideas for pictures and answered all questions we had about the process, including something about the contract. Throughout the experience, she was nice, warm, responsive, well-prepared, and overall great to work with. She also seemed genuinely happy to share our special moment with us, which validated our decision to pick her as our wedding photographer. She provided the final photos very quickly and we loved the result! Good quality, creative, joyful, and romantic pictures. We would definitely hire her again and recommend her to others. Thank you so much, Amanda.

Sent on 03/27/2019

Lauren Nastos · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing! We loved having Amanda as our wedding photographer!

Amanda did everything so incredibly well with so much professionalism. Our pictures turned out amazing. She really captured the vibe we wanted. Every aspect was caught on film, even the ones we were too busy too notice. She listened to what we wanted and help us out along the way as well with her experience. Amanda was honestly the best! I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Kristin · Married on 05/12/2018

Amazingly skilled and thoughtful photographer

Amanda was phenomenal leading up to and during our wedding. She took time in advance to understand our wishes and tailored her style to meet them. She had heaps of creative ideas and ultimately we were absolutely thrilled with the outcome.

Amanda was generous with her time and energy, thoughtful in her interactions and photography style. After things wrapped up, she made sure to set expectations for us, and delivered our photos to us in the timeline she provided. All around excellent experience, I highly recommend Amanda, particularly if you're interested in photos that are more on the documentary side of things. I'm sure she'd be great at photographing more posed/staged photos but she really shined when she was given some creative liberty and had the freedom to document the day.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Mary · Married on 04/28/2018

Amanda was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding!

I can't say enough great things about Amanda. She is incredibly talented and the consummate professional. We went a non-traditional route for our wedding, deciding to get married in the morning off the blue ridge parkway, and then hike up to the top of humpback rocks with our guests to celebrate our marriage at the top of a mountain. That meant having Amanda get up early to capture the ceremony and then do the hike with us (haha!). She was incredible, and brought along her photographer friend to help during the morning to get all the action. Later that evening, she met back up with us when we cleaned up for some portraits with family, and some of our absolute favorite couple photos we've ever taken on the downtown mall. I don't feel like words do justice -- the photos of our memories say everything I couldn't ever possibly put into words.

I should also mention that thanks to her phenomenal photos, we were one of the couples selected for a Cville wedding magazine issue! Amanda is one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. We will always be thankful for her and think of her often when we pass our beautiful canvas photos of that day hanging around our house. :)

Sent on 03/24/2019
    Amanda Maglione Photography 15
    Amanda Maglione Photography 16
    Amanda Maglione Photography 17
    Amanda Maglione Photography 18
    Amanda Maglione Photography 19

Catherine · Married on 04/21/2018

My wedding was in Charlottesville, Virginia at the UVa Chapel with a reception on the downtown mall in April 2018. Amanda was a pleasure to work with before, during, and after my wedding. She has incredible professionalism (responds to emails quickly, does her homework before the event (has a print-out list of all the moments / groups of people you want photographed)), makes you feel comfortable (on an otherwise crazy and hectic day), has great value pricing packages, and has a special talent for getting large groups of people to cooperate in portrait pictures!! She also has a great eye for finding unique spots in Charlottesville that photograph well!!

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, I can't speak highly enough of the final product - I absolutely LOVE my photos and can't imagine how it could have been captured any better. My photos are filled with light, color, are crisp and accurately capture the feel of my wedding.

From a logistical perspective, everything went super smoothly the day of. Amanda was there early at the meeting place. She discreetly captured candid moments and was great at coordinating and gathering guests for bigger group pictures. A few weeks after our wedding, we received our photos. Accessing and downloading photos was a breeze. The problem now is figuring out which ones I like best because they are all spectacular!!

I highly, highly, highly, recommend Amanda!!

Sent on 05/29/2018
    Amanda Maglione Photography 20
    Amanda Maglione Photography 21
    Amanda Maglione Photography 22
    Amanda Maglione Photography 23
    Amanda Maglione Photography 24
    Amanda Maglione Photography 25

Angela · Married on 03/09/2018

There is NOTHING not to love about working with Amanda! She's super sweet and professional and puts you at ease. Not to mention, her photos are gorgeous!!

Sent on 02/17/2017

Thank you Angela!

Michelle · Married on 10/28/2017

Amanda blew us away as our wedding photographer! From the day we first spoke to the months following the wedding, Amanda was exceptionally kind, professional, and fun to work with. I chose Amanda largely due to her documentary style photography, and she did not disappoint! In addition to countless beautiful posed first look and group photos, Amanda captured so many fun candid moments from the getting ready session to the reception dance floor. Many guests remarked on how she seemed to be everywhere without interfering in the ceremony or reception fun. She spent almost 11 hours with us on our wedding day and went out of her way to get as many different shots as possible. I really appreciated her easy-going, fun attitude since there is already plenty of stress for a bride on her wedding day! I also loved that she sent us a "Sneak Peak" only a few weeks after the wedding so we could enjoy a first batch of photos with family and friends before the full set was ready. Her combination of color and black and white was also great. I cannot recommend Amanda enough. She is a wonderful photographer and person who delivers!

Sent on 01/08/2018
    Amanda Maglione Photography 33
    Amanda Maglione Photography 34
    Amanda Maglione Photography 35

Ashleigh · Married on 10/25/2017

Amanda was absolutely amazing! My husband and I are thrilled with our wedding pictures. Amanda was always so quick with responding to my MANY emails and made the experience from beginning to end absolutely wonderful. If you are looking for a talented, professional photographer who will take the most beautiful pictures of your wedding, Amanda is it!

Amanda Maglione Photography 36
    Amanda Maglione Photography 37
    Amanda Maglione Photography 38

Lana · Married on 09/23/2017

I am incredibly happy with my wedding photos. Amanda Maglione is top notch. Every shot she took is a work of art, and everyone looks fantastic. Amanda was very professional and made everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera. I highly recommend her to anyone in need of a wedding photographer.

Andrew · Married on 09/23/2017

Amanda was AMAZING. She was really on the ball and knew exactly what to do and was really helpful with figuring out what we wanted. Her instincts for what photos to take and where to take them were so good!! We were beyond impressed!!

Amanda Maglione Photography 39

Madeline · Married on 07/07/2017

Amanda was extremely fun to work with and was accommodating to all of our needs! We had the pleasure of working with Amanda for our surprise engagement session and our wedding day. She made us feel comfortable from the start and her pictures came out amazing. We selected the package to have a second photographer with Amanda. We had a fairly decent size wedding (about 140) and Amanda got all of the photos we wanted and more! In the midst of the wedding season she would respond to our emails within 48 hours and was helpful with all our questions and advice on specific photo shots for the big day. I would highly recommend Amanda!

Sent on 10/24/2017
    Amanda Maglione Photography 40
    Amanda Maglione Photography 41

Cody · Married on 06/16/2017

Amanda helped me set up a surprise engagement photo shoot by casually walking around my soon to be fiance and I until I got down on one knee. She was cautious but right on time and got phenomenal shots of the proposal! I then decided to work with her for our wedding and she was with the bride almost all day then came back for the ceremony and reception. The time investment with the wedding (and also the editing) and quality of photos were excellent! Amanda was a great resource and photographer for our engagement and wedding. I would happily recommend her to anyone and put my trust behind her work.

Sent on 11/05/2017

Amanda Maglione Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Cody! Shooting your surprise proposal to Mady was a highlight of my year! And then to see you get married to each other after witnessing you getting down on one knee, was so very special. So much love to you both!

Cindy · Married on 04/15/2017

Amanda was a joy to work with! She and I met about 5-6 months before our April 2017 wedding. She was very professional and had several portfolios of her work. We clicked immediately and I felt very comfortable knowing she would be handling the photography of our wedding at the Boar's Head Inn.
    Prior to the wedding, we spoke several times and also met at the venue to discuss the flow, composition and choose locations for the images. Amanda had so many great suggestions and I appreciated her input.
    The day of the wedding went smoothly and again, Amanda showed her professionalism. She was pleasant and engaging when need be and yet inconspicuous throughout the entire event.
    I would use her again without hesitation. She's the best!

Sent on 05/26/2017

Amanda Maglione Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Cindy! I loved shooting your wedding. Everyone was so nice and you have a beautiful family!

Stephen · Married on 10/01/2016

What a great experience. Amanda is a wonderful photographer, and captured every moment of our wedding perfectly. Our pictures turned out great and she is very easy to work with. Well worth every penny!

Sent on 11/27/2016

Annie · Married on 10/01/2016

Amanda is an amazing photographer to work with! She is very friendly and a people-person who will put you at ease!

Sent on 12/10/2016

Matthew · Married on 08/13/2016

Amanda was awesome. We had a few phone calls before our big day to make sure that everyone was on the same page. She was expert at shuffling through all the family photos and making sure that we didn't spend too much time on photos when we had a reception to get to! And the candid shots from the rest of the day were expertly captured. She was attentive and focused on making sure that we got the pictures we wanted but also didn't stay focused on that.

When we got the pictures (which was amazingly fast, about a month after the wedding), they were amazing. There were staged shots, fun shots, candid shots and tons of them! We received enough photos that we took hours to go through them and each one was better than the last. We got some in black and white and others in full color.

We had an awesome time working with Amanda and highly recommend her to anyone in need of quality photography.

Sent on 10/18/2016

Amanda Maglione Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Matthew! Yours was such a beautiful summer wedding. I'm so glad that two exceptional people found each other! You two are kind and loving, determined and fun! So glad I got to be a part of your big day!

Daisy · Married on 08/05/2016

Amanda was very accommodating to our last minute elopement. She is super friendly, professional and easy to work with. Turnaround of wedding photos and was fast and they were beautiful. WE would definitely request Amanda's services again.

Sent on 08/21/2016

Amanda Maglione Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Daisy! I love shooting elopements! It was such an honor to be one of the only witnesses to your commitment to each other, and to get to capture the day in photos so that you could take them home to show your family and friends!

Sue · Married on 04/15/2016

Amanda is an amazing photographer. You will see your love in her photographs!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Amanda Maglione Photography's reply:

Thank you for letting me witness that love- you guys were meant for each other!

Amanda · Married on 02/14/2016

Amanda is amazing she was very flexible and worked with me on the contract terms and a reasonable price I would highly recommend her. She made our wedding a memorable event I will never forget.

Sent on 07/02/2016

Amanda Maglione Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Mandy!!

Sara · Married on 01/02/2016

We could not have asked for a better photographer! Amanda was very professional and easy-going while photographing both our private ceremony and larger reception. She made us feel so comfortable posing for photos and captured amazing candids as well. She asked all the right questions to make sure that she captured everything we wanted in a way that we loved. The photographs were so beautiful that we could not stop looking at them! Amanda has a knack for finding beautiful backdrops and settings. At our reception she really worked the room and got so many stunning shots as well as fun candids. We got photos for sharing online so quickly and received all of our high resolution pictures in a very timely manner as well. If you are trying to find a trustworthy photographer, we could not recommend Amanda highly enough!

Sent on 08/05/2016

Amanda Maglione Photography's reply:

I was so honored to be the only person at your wedding ceremony besides the innkeeper and officiant! And then the reception party with all your family and friends was so fun. Thanks for letting me be there to document it all!

Ashley · Married on 09/26/2015

Choosing the right wedding photographer is such an important step in wedding planning. The wedding goes by so fast and pictures last forever. I could not have asked for better pictures. Not only is Amanada extremely talented but she is such a delight to work with! She captured every aspect of our wedding. We love sharing our pictures with everyone.

Sent on 01/06/2016

Amanda Maglione Photography's reply:

Thanks Ashley! You and your (now) husband were a delight to work with too!

Gillian · Married on 07/18/2015

Amanda was an amazing photographer! Our pictures came out beautifully. She captured many unique shots, despite late afternoon shadows outside, and low lighting inside. She was warm and professional. She made us feel like royalty, as well as looking like it. I would whole heartedly recommend her to any couple.

Sent on 12/31/2015

Amanda Maglione Photography's reply:

Thank you, Gilly! Thanks for making your wedding completely unique! I had so much fun capturing all of the beautiful details!

Christian · Married on 03/15/2013

What can be said about Amanda Maglione...I'll tell you what,nothing but amazing things. She's a top notch photographer with many NYC years under her belt. Tough town to work as a photographer and she shined like a star on the red carpet...many of whom she photographed. We'll balanced from top to bottom, highly skilled photographer. Now when you combine that knowledge and experience with her affable nature and charm you can't go wrong. She is not only super talented but also down to earth, sweet, intelligent and a truly genuine person. When you meet her you immediately feel at ease. I was blessed to have her shoot my wedding. Stunning images and knows when to capture the decisive moment.

Sent on 08/03/2015

Amanda Maglione Photography's reply:

You are too sweet! You are a joy to be around. Thanks for trusting me to capture your big day!

Kimberly · Married on 10/15/2011

I had the pleasure of meeting Amanda more than 12+ years ago when she was working as one of the top entertainment news photographers in New York City. She is not only a consummate professional and highly talented, but also warm, approachable and genuine. During her time working in NY, I hired and relied on Amanda to shoot hundreds of events for me (I worked as an SVP at a major PR agency and then as head of global comms at Revlon). I could always count on her discretion when working with high-profile executives and celebrities and over the years, her photos would ultimately result in hundreds, if not thousands, of global media placements.

Amanda's work was so good that I also gave her two of the most important assignments in my own life - photographing my wedding and, a few years later, my baby. She brought the same passion and talents to these jobs as she did the ones in my professional life. From making my entire family and bridal party (and me!) feel at ease at my wedding to getting my 7 month old daughter to look directly at the camera, Amanda has captured some of the most important moments in my life.

In case you can't tell, I cannot say enough great things about Amanda. I have the utmost respect for her and encourage anyone in the Virginia area to work with her!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Amanda Maglione Photography's reply:

Thank you Kimberly! I've loved every shoot I've done with you over the years with all of those many celebrities, but I was most honored to shoot your wedding and your beautiful baby girl!