Amanda Basteen Photography Reviews

41 Reviews for Amanda Basteen Photography

• Gabbie

Gabbie Lozano · Getting married on 09/08/2022

Amanda is the best

My fiancé and I won an Instagram giveaway a few months ago for a free 30-minute photoshoot session. Amanda was super professional and contacted me right away with the plans and details for the day of the shoot. My fiancé and I, unfortunately, don’t have the most flexible schedules but she was awesome and worked with us to find a date and time that fit our needs. Honestly, my fiancé and I were a little nervous because we’ve never had our pictures professionally taken before. However, working with Amanda was so unbelievably easy, natural, and fun! It’s easy to say we felt comfortable with her immediately. This girl is unbelievable with the camera. You can really tell she genuinely loves taking pictures and puts all her hard work and dedication to get amazing pictures and make you look good. Again, our free shoot was only supposed to be 30 minutes, but Amanda took over an hour worth of amazing pictures… that’s how awesome and dedicated she is. We had so much fun on our shoot! The photos were very loving but also playful which is exactly what we wanted! I cannot recommend her enough. If you’re thinking of getting your pictures taken by her, DO IT! You will not regret it!!!!

Sent on 05/17/2020

Hayley Meyer · Getting married on 01/07/2022

Amanda Basteen Photography is the BEST!

Amanda was our photographer for our engagement session and wedding day - she is the best decision we ever made! It is difficult to put into words how talented Amanda is and how thankful we are for her capturing our special day! First, she is extremely easy to communicate with which is so important when planning a wedding. Like many couples, Eric and I are not used to taking many photos together; and could say we are usually a little uncomfortable in front of the camera. However, Amanda has such a calming and fun presence that any fears in front of the camera completely disappear! She is great at giving directions and finding beautiful light/angles/non-traditional photo locations that is such a gift and is shown through her beautiful photos. Because of this, I knew no matter where we got married or what the weather was like, she would capture beautiful photos that we would cherish forever. For both our engagement photos and wedding photos we received sneak peeks within 24 hours and had our entire galleries completed within a few days. If you are looking for a photographer to capture engagements, weddings, elopements, family photos, etc look no further - Amanda is the photographer for you! We cannot wait to work with her again in the future.

Sent on 08/02/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley · Getting married on 08/21/2021

Engagement Shoot in Yosemite

Amanda took our engagement photos in Yosemite and was an absolute dream to work with. Not only did she make us feel so comfortable and was super friendly her photos were AMAZING! You can tell she truly cares about her work and has a special eye for finding the perfect shot! I would absolutely recommend Amanda to anyone looking for beautiful photos!

Sent on 11/09/2019
  • Emina

Emina Mujcic · Getting married on 01/10/2021

Magical, talented, and extraordinary!

Where do I even begin? My fiance and I had the most amazing and fun experience with Amanda taking our engagement photos. Amanda has a way of making you feel relaxed and comfortable, you forget you are posing for pictures. Amanda is so extremely talented and goes out of her way to make sure you have the best experience and get the most extraordinary photos. Amanda's work is truly magical and one-of-a kind. I promise you will not be disappointed! So grateful to have met her and I cannot wait for her to capture our memories on our wedding day!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Kasie Muhr · Married on 01/20/2020

10/10 recommend..the absolute BEST photos!!

Amanda is nothing short of absolutely amazing. Don’t question booking her-she’s so worth it! My husband and I did a destination wedding in the Dominican Republic and a reception back a couple weeks later in Iowa (in January) with our family and friends. Not only was Amanda so easy going & flexible with our situation, she was so kind to our traveling group & fit right in. We shot many shoots with her throughout the engagement/wedding including: engagement, boudoir (I surprised my husband with this & he absolutely loved her work!), sunrise shoot on the beach, a swimsuit session, our (beach/island) wedding day, then our (winter) reception in the snow. She absolutely KILLED IT 🤗 !! We had the best time with her throughout every shoot we had. Her creativity is amazing. She was so fun to work with & our wedding party/friends/ family felt so comfortable with her style and loved all of the photos as well. I received many compliments on my photos & feel so lucky that I’ll have them all forever. She is 100% worth every penny. Amanda takes the extra step to make sure your day is perfect & puts you completely at ease. I appreciated her helpful tips/gestures outside of photography so much too while I was getting ready, etc. Amanda truly cares about your day & making it special for everyone. She got every shot we could have asked for and more. Booking was so smooth & easy throughout the whole process as her communication was so timely. I can’t wait to book Amanda for future family photos ❤️ Don’t miss out on her work!

Sent on 02/24/2020

Esada Mujcic · Married on 12/17/2019

The most magical experience

Amanda’s talent is truly magical. My fiancé and I had an amazing experience working with Amanda during our engagement shoot this past week. She made us feel so comfortable and she captured our love in the most intimate and magical way. We just got the photos back and they are out of a storybook. We will never forget this special memory. Amanda is a sweetheart, I would recommend her a million times, she’s just that good!

Sent on 08/24/2019
  • Laura

Laura Nova · Married on 11/01/2019

Magical Photography

We hired Amanda for our destination wedding along the California coast. From the very beginning, she was enthusiastic, friendly, and prompt with all of my inquiries. She was always there to respond in such a helpful manor, even during times when I thought I was being over-the-top and asking too many questions! She even offered assistance as far as timing and events of the Big Day overall. I really appreciated her always making time for me, especially considering how busy she is.

We had an engagement shoot that started in Monterey and ended in Big Sur. The shoot was hours long, but the time absolutely flew by. She brought so much energy and passion, while at the same time possessing a calm sense of strength and confidence- I feel that is the winning combination for a perfect photographer! She had not even set eyes on the area before, but she was able to instantly capture the light, shadows, drama of the scenery, and not to mention- US. My husband & I aren't used to posing for professional photos *ever* but she managed to bring out the best in both of us. She truly has a gift of capturing pure, raw emotion in the most flattering way. She has such a close connection with her own family, I believe that love transfers through her work.

On the Big Day itself, Amanda was fantastic. She captured our family beautifully and hung out with us all day getting shot after amazing shot! She delivered the photos incredibly quickly. We were so happy to see all the little moments she caught throughout the day. Everyone who was a part of our special day has been overjoyed with her work, making us even happier that she agreed to go on this adventure with us, because now they have those photos to treasure forever as well.

If you're looking for someone who specializes in natural light and produces breathtaking photos of nature and your place within it, I cannot recommend Amanda enough!

Sent on 11/17/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 10/05/2019

Nothing short of perfection

Amanda is an absolute joy to work with. She was so organized and professional that the moment she showed up on our wedding day I had no worries and no stress. Not only that but she made everyone feel comfortable and we felt as if she was apart of the family. She is going out of town this week and had sneak peaks ready THE DAY AFTER THE WEDDING! I can’t express our gratitude towards her in words because I am overwhelmed with joy for the sole fact that she captured every possible moment of our day together. We love Amanda, if you decide to have her capture your special day you will definitely not be disappointed. So much respect for this amazing woman and photographer!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Kathy Merrill Lepera · Married on 09/20/2019

Bride and groom

My husband and I are in our 60s. Amanda had no problem adapting to capture our love of each other, family, friends, and fun, in every breathtaking, silly, joyful expression. We are very pleased and by our compliments on the photos, so are our loved ones! Amanda is called the " best wedding photographer " and I agree!

Sent on 10/05/2019

Sara · Married on 08/31/2019

Amanda is such an amazing photographer. We had engagement pictures this week and couldn’t be happier with the results! She is timely and efficient. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 07/14/2018
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 08/03/2019

Very kind and easy to work with

Amazing photos! My fiancé and I are thrilled

Sent on 04/25/2019

Jessica · Married on 05/11/2019

Where do I begin? Before I was engaged, I always had an eye out for Amanda Basteen Photography. Her photos are not only beautiful, but they are romantic and natural. I kept thinking to myself "there is no way our pictures will ever turn out like these". Let me tell you- Amanda exceeded our expectations!! Like most, being behind a camera can be frightening. Not with Amanda. She instantly made us feel comfortable to be photographed and that is critical for authentic photos! She made it fun, took time to get to know us, along with being professional. Amanda is extremely responsive and so very easy to work with. Not even 18 hours after our engagement shoot, we had 15 sneak peek photos! We received all of our edited images two days after our shoot- TWO DAYS! And every single one blew our minds. I cannot wait to see what amazing work she will do for our wedding day! I will forever recommend Amanda for professional photography! Trust me- you will not regret hiring her!

Sent on 05/02/2018
  • Renee

Renee · Married on 05/04/2019

Worth every penny - Amanda will NOT disappoint!

I don't even know where to begin, there aren't words to describe not only how flexible, fun and down to earth Amanda was for both our engagement photos and our wedding, but the magic she creates with her photos. Her photos are hands down the most amazing photos I've seen, and she blew us out of the water with our wedding photos. We loved having her with us every minute of our wedding day, and we had so much fun with her it felt like hanging out with a friend. I would not trust anyone else to photograph the most special day of my life, she was worth every single penny and then some. You seriously can't go wrong with Amanda Basteen, and she's proven that to us multiple times!

Sent on 05/07/2019

Mollie · Married on 07/28/2018

Best Wedding Decision We Made

Amanda was easily the best decision we made for our wedding. We have the most incredibly beautiful photos for both our engagement and our wedding day. She captured little moments with our families that I will treasure forever. She was fun, very easy-going, and easy to work with. Her work was always prompt and professional, and best of all, she was a joyful and easy person to have around on our wedding day. We couldn't recommend her more highly.

Sent on 08/02/2019

Jocelin · Married on 06/25/2018

I've been in awe of Amanda's work ever since she took my niece's newborn photos. She is incredibly flexible, responsive and easy to work with. I flooded her with ideas, and she was always quick to give her professional thoughts and opinions. With Amanda, it doesn't feel like we just paid someone to take some photos. Her work is truly second to none! She turned our wedding day into a collection of memories we will cherish for a lifetime.

Sent on 07/20/2018

Kylie · Married on 06/02/2018

Where do I begin with how much we loved Amanda?! One of my best friends got married a few years ago and had Amanda as her photographer. Ever since then, I knew that I wanted Amanda as my photographer when I got married. After we got engaged, I immediately contacted Amanda and completely scheduled our date around her availability. And WOW - was it worth it!!! Leading up to our wedding, Amanda was so quick to respond to all of my questions as far as location and "what if's" concerning weather. On the day of the wedding, I could not have asked for a better photographer. She was so efficient with her shots, creative with her ideas, and patient with all the craziness of the day! Not only was she amazing at her job, she was also just SO enjoyable to be around! After our ceremony, we went on a location shoot and she got in the water AND climbed on top of a tall ramp to get some amazing shots of us! She was willing to do anything for an amazing and unique shot. It was also extremely windy that day, so when we got back to the reception venue, ready to make our entrance, my hair was a tangled disaster, and Amanda immediately dropped everything, found a curling iron, and CURLED MY HAIR without hesitation! I don't know what more I could have asked from her! Not only was our experience great, but our photos - WOW! She was so quick to get us a sneak peek, and then only a few days later we had access to our photos! The quality of our photos are incredible. We have gotten so many compliments, and I love them so much. They will be such a special keepsake to remember our wedding day. I truly believe that you could not find a better photographer if you tried! I highly recommend Amanda Basteen!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Lauren · Married on 02/24/2018

I booked Amanda after seeing a photo of a wedding from Bessie's Barn in Centerville, IA. I knew I had to have her after that and I must say I definitely was not disapointed! We've only got to see "sneak peaks" so far but I can't wait to see the rest! She is super fun to work with, doesn't mind if you chip in with ideas, and captures real "moments" instead of just snapping pictures. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer! Thanks, Amanda, we can't wait to see the rest and do our rock the dress session! :)

Sent on 04/13/2013

Jessica · Married on 09/22/2017

Amanda was nothing short of amazing! My note of thank you to her: "Amanda! I just want to thank you again for your amazing God given talents! You captured our wedding day to reflect so many special moments---SO BEAUTIFULLY! I can't even go get groceries without someone stopping to rave about the photos! You, my friend, are nothing short of an amazing photographer who turns every photo in to a piece of ART! We can only hope that you will be our #1 for any/all of our special moments together in the future. THANK YOU again! Happy sushi making :) -Jessica and Jereme Baldus"

Sent on 10/06/2017

Amit · Married on 09/02/2017

My wife and I had an AMAZING experience working with Amanda. For reference, we had 2 ceremonies and a reception on the same day, which included multiple outfit and venue changes. The two of us have very large families which means a lot of strong personalities to reign in. Amanda was always punctual, professional, efficient, and seriously nailed ALL of our photos. Before we left on our honeymoon a few days later, Amanda had already provided us with sneak peak photos of our wedding day, and shortly after returning, we had received our flash drive and download code to access all of our photos. We had an amazing experience working with Amanda and would absolutely recommend her to others

Sent on 02/05/2018

Courtney · Married on 08/12/2017

Amanda is AMAZING! As you can tell from her website, her photos are beautiful; what I also think is important to know is how great she is to work with. She is extremely responsive, which made working with her so easy -- especially considering my husband and I were planning our wedding in Iowa from out-of-state. We also had so much fun working with her for our engagement photos and especially for our wedding.

Lastly, she has a great eye for shots, and her photos are beyond beautiful. My husband and I are so happy to have such wonderful photos to look back on, and we feel so thankful to have been able to work with her and have had her for our photographer! I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 08/26/2017

Paige · Married on 09/24/2016

My husband found Amanda through our search to hire a photographer for our wedding and I couldn't be happier that he did! Upon meeting her, it was clear that she is not only extremely talented, but that her personality would be the best to have around us all day long! Amanda is so thoughtful, relaxed and creative that she made our engagement sessions a piece of cake and on our wedding day she was the perfect person to have along every step of the way. She considers unique shots and angles you don't see every day and as one of the very best photographers in Iowa, she is so creative. Some of my favorite photos are ones that were a tad riskier but turned out completely epic. She helps you along every step of the way, from how to feel comfortable in front of the camera to even suggestions on other vendors to work with! Looking back, we first chose her for her amazing and breath-taking photos but ultimately I'm thankful we chose her for her support, and relaxed approach on the day of our wedding. I remember saying over and over "I'm so glad we have you along the ride for today!" She doesn't take away from any of your moments throughout your wedding day, rather helps you get the most out of your day and pause to enjoy the best parts of a whirlwind day. She is absolutely amazing and we couldn't be happier with her service, photos, and awesome personality. Definitely work with her for your wedding!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Amanda made all of our dreams come to life on our day. My wife had a dream, and knew exactly what she wanted, and Amanda made it come true. When we first looked at photographers, we knew right away after seeing some of Amanda's work that she is worth every penny. From a beautiful sunflower field, to an amazing farm, she was able to find something in the surroundings and make our photos unique, and unlike any other i have ever seen. If your unsure who to choose, or who to book with for your wedding, i would 100% recommend Amanda to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. Have high hopes, because she will exceed your expectations. She is very easy to get in contact with, and she follows up to make sure everything is how you want it to be. Thank you Amanda for making our day truly special, and for capturing every moment so we can relive it for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 11/18/2015

Anna · Married on 08/22/2015

Amanda was unbelievable!!! I cannot tell you how many people approached us saying we had the most beautiful wedding photos they'd ever seen! Amanda is so creative and personable. She makes it all easy and comfortable.
    The only suggestion I would have is to have a shot list of what you want. I kind of assumed that she would handle that, but there were a few shots that were missed (Like Bride and mom, Groom and dad, Just parents together, ect.) and I wish we had them now. She is unbelievable at the couple shots but have a list for her for family shots that you don't want missed(probably a good idea for any photographer though)!
    If I could give Amanda more stars, I would!!! She is the best wedding photographer I've ever seen for sure.

Sent on 08/25/2016

Amanda is AMAZING to work with and does beautiful work. She did both our engagement and wedding. It was so sweet of her to travel two hours out of her way at no additional cost. She truly has an eye for photography. My husband and I had so much fun during both our shoots with her. She has you do really fun stuff and the pictures turn out just breath taking. I continue to get comments about her work and how amazing they turned out. I can't wait have her photograph our kids and family one day!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Sarah · Married on 09/27/2014

We hired Amanda to shoot our engagement photos in Fall of 2013 and 1 year anniversary photos this August and couldn't be happier! We were blown away with everything, just so perfect and beyond what we expected! We too are professional photographers the past 7 years and it is so fun to be on both sides of the camera and her work is the best of the best. Her talent is beyond amazing and her service wonderful also. We highly recommend hiring Amanda, she's the best of the best in Iowa when it comes to portraits and weddings in my opinion. She's fantastic to work with and produces images that are classic, romantic and last a lifetime. Tanner and I couldn't be happier with either session we've had her do and look forward to many more in the future! She's worth every penny and more. You won't regret working with her!

Sent on 10/18/2015