29 Reviews for Amanda Basteen Photography

Liability Insurance (1)
Albums (1)
Prints (1)
29 Amanda Basteen Photography Reviews

Amanda is such an amazing photographer. We had engagement pictures this week and couldn’t be happier with the results! She is timely and efficient. I would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Sara, 8/31/19, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Where do I begin? Before I was engaged, I always had an eye out for Amanda Basteen Photography. Her photos are not only beautiful, but they are romantic and natural. I kept thinking to myself "there is no way our pictures will ever turn out like these". Let me tell you- Amanda exceeded our expectations!! Like most, being behind a camera can be frightening. Not with Amanda. She instantly made us feel comfortable to be photographed and that is critical for authentic photos! She made it fun, took time to get to know us, along with being professional. Amanda is extremely responsive and so very easy to work with. Not even 18 hours after our engagement shoot, we had 15 sneak peek photos! We received all of our edited images two days after our shoot- TWO DAYS! And every single one blew our minds. I cannot wait to see what amazing work she will do for our wedding day! I will forever recommend Amanda for professional photography! Trust me- you will not regret hiring her!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/11/19, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I've been in awe of Amanda's work ever since she took my niece's newborn photos. She is incredibly flexible, responsive and easy to work with. I flooded her with ideas, and she was always quick to give her professional thoughts and opinions. With Amanda, it doesn't feel like we just paid someone to take some photos. Her work is truly second to none! She turned our wedding day into a collection of memories we will cherish for a lifetime.

Profile Picture Jocelin, 6/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Where do I begin with how much we loved Amanda?! One of my best friends got married a few years ago and had Amanda as her photographer. Ever since then, I knew that I wanted Amanda as my photographer when I got married. After we got engaged, I immediately contacted Amanda and completely scheduled our date around her availability. And WOW - was it worth it!!! Leading up to our wedding, Amanda was so quick to respond to all of my questions as far as location and "what if's" concerning weather. On the day of the wedding, I could not have asked for a better photographer. She was so efficient with her shots, creative with her ideas, and patient with all the craziness of the day! Not only was she amazing at her job, she was also just SO enjoyable to be around! After our ceremony, we went on a location shoot and she got in the water AND climbed on top of a tall ramp to get some amazing shots of us! She was willing to do anything for an amazing and unique shot. It was also extremely windy that day, so when we got back to the reception venue, ready to make our entrance, my hair was a tangled disaster, and Amanda immediately dropped everything, found a curling iron, and CURLED MY HAIR without hesitation! I don't know what more I could have asked from her! Not only was our experience great, but our photos - WOW! She was so quick to get us a sneak peek, and then only a few days later we had access to our photos! The quality of our photos are incredible. We have gotten so many compliments, and I love them so much. They will be such a special keepsake to remember our wedding day. I truly believe that you could not find a better photographer if you tried! I highly recommend Amanda Basteen!

Photos
Profile Picture Kylie, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Amanda was nothing short of amazing! My note of thank you to her: "Amanda! I just want to thank you again for your amazing God given talents! You captured our wedding day to reflect so many special moments---SO BEAUTIFULLY! I can't even go get groceries without someone stopping to rave about the photos! You, my friend, are nothing short of an amazing photographer who turns every photo in to a piece of ART! We can only hope that you will be our #1 for any/all of our special moments together in the future. THANK YOU again! Happy sushi making :) -Jessica and Jereme Baldus"

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My wife and I had an AMAZING experience working with Amanda. For reference, we had 2 ceremonies and a reception on the same day, which included multiple outfit and venue changes. The two of us have very large families which means a lot of strong personalities to reign in. Amanda was always punctual, professional, efficient, and seriously nailed ALL of our photos. Before we left on our honeymoon a few days later, Amanda had already provided us with sneak peak photos of our wedding day, and shortly after returning, we had received our flash drive and download code to access all of our photos. We had an amazing experience working with Amanda and would absolutely recommend her to others

Profile Picture Amit, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Amanda is AMAZING! As you can tell from her website, her photos are beautiful; what I also think is important to know is how great she is to work with. She is extremely responsive, which made working with her so easy -- especially considering my husband and I were planning our wedding in Iowa from out-of-state. We also had so much fun working with her for our engagement photos and especially for our wedding.

Lastly, she has a great eye for shots, and her photos are beyond beautiful. My husband and I are so happy to have such wonderful photos to look back on, and we feel so thankful to have been able to work with her and have had her for our photographer! I cannot recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Courtney, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband found Amanda through our search to hire a photographer for our wedding and I couldn't be happier that he did! Upon meeting her, it was clear that she is not only extremely talented, but that her personality would be the best to have around us all day long! Amanda is so thoughtful, relaxed and creative that she made our engagement sessions a piece of cake and on our wedding day she was the perfect person to have along every step of the way. She considers unique shots and angles you don't see every day and as one of the very best photographers in Iowa, she is so creative. Some of my favorite photos are ones that were a tad riskier but turned out completely epic. She helps you along every step of the way, from how to feel comfortable in front of the camera to even suggestions on other vendors to work with! Looking back, we first chose her for her amazing and breath-taking photos but ultimately I'm thankful we chose her for her support, and relaxed approach on the day of our wedding. I remember saying over and over "I'm so glad we have you along the ride for today!" She doesn't take away from any of your moments throughout your wedding day, rather helps you get the most out of your day and pause to enjoy the best parts of a whirlwind day. She is absolutely amazing and we couldn't be happier with her service, photos, and awesome personality. Definitely work with her for your wedding!

Profile Picture Paige, 9/24/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files, Prints

She does not disappoint! She captured our wedding perfectly and was so easy to work with!

Profile Picture Erin, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Destination / Travel, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Digital Files, Proofs

Amanda made all of our dreams come to life on our day. My wife had a dream, and knew exactly what she wanted, and Amanda made it come true. When we first looked at photographers, we knew right away after seeing some of Amanda's work that she is worth every penny. From a beautiful sunflower field, to an amazing farm, she was able to find something in the surroundings and make our photos unique, and unlike any other i have ever seen. If your unsure who to choose, or who to book with for your wedding, i would 100% recommend Amanda to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. Have high hopes, because she will exceed your expectations. She is very easy to get in contact with, and she follows up to make sure everything is how you want it to be. Thank you Amanda for making our day truly special, and for capturing every moment so we can relive it for the rest of our lives.

Profile Picture User5625936, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files, Proofs

Amanda was wonderful to work with! She did our engagement pictures and wedding pictures. She was very professional and easy to work with and did a great job of making us feel comfortable while she was photographing us.

Amanda is very timely and had our engagement pictures (50+ pics) back to us within a week of the shoot! Our wedding pictures took about a month for 1000+ photos and she released sneak peeks throughout that time.

My only complaint is that she didn't get any shots of our rings and only a couple of my husband and I that are spectacular. The rest are nice, don't get me wrong, I just wish we had taken a few more portraits of the two of us.

Profile Picture User4704171, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

Amanda was unbelievable!!! I cannot tell you how many people approached us saying we had the most beautiful wedding photos they'd ever seen! Amanda is so creative and personable. She makes it all easy and comfortable.
The only suggestion I would have is to have a shot list of what you want. I kind of assumed that she would handle that, but there were a few shots that were missed (Like Bride and mom, Groom and dad, Just parents together, ect.) and I wish we had them now. She is unbelievable at the couple shots but have a list for her for family shots that you don't want missed(probably a good idea for any photographer though)!
If I could give Amanda more stars, I would!!! She is the best wedding photographer I've ever seen for sure.

Profile Picture User4895719, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files

Amanda is AMAZING to work with and does beautiful work. She did both our engagement and wedding. It was so sweet of her to travel two hours out of her way at no additional cost. She truly has an eye for photography. My husband and I had so much fun during both our shoots with her. She has you do really fun stuff and the pictures turn out just breath taking. I continue to get comments about her work and how amazing they turned out. I can't wait have her photograph our kids and family one day!

Profile Picture User5246979, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

We hired Amanda to shoot our engagement photos in Fall of 2013 and 1 year anniversary photos this August and couldn't be happier! We were blown away with everything, just so perfect and beyond what we expected! We too are professional photographers the past 7 years and it is so fun to be on both sides of the camera and her work is the best of the best. Her talent is beyond amazing and her service wonderful also. We highly recommend hiring Amanda, she's the best of the best in Iowa when it comes to portraits and weddings in my opinion. She's fantastic to work with and produces images that are classic, romantic and last a lifetime. Tanner and I couldn't be happier with either session we've had her do and look forward to many more in the future! She's worth every penny and more. You won't regret working with her!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Amanda did both our engagement session as well as our wedding day photography, and we were over-the-top thrilled with our entire experience from start to finish. Amanda is fun, professional, enthusiastic, and so passionate about what she does, and this truly shows in the quality of her work.

She quickly replied to all my questions before hiring her and as we got closer to wedding day. She captured all of the little details to help us relive our special day, and made everyone (wedding party, family, and me and my husband) feel at ease, even when we got a little behind schedule. Several guests commented on her attention to detail as well as her willingness to stay into the evening, and she was always "on."

We loved having sneak peeks of our photo sessions within a couple of days and eventually received access to all of our photos digitally, which was hugely important to me. I knew I wanted to find a photographer who would provide digital access to and printing rights for ALL of our photos to help us remember our special day, and we could not have asked for anything more with Amanda. I highly recommend her photography services and hope to schedule another session with her when we reach other milestones in our marriage!

Profile Picture Kristi, 8/30/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I could never ever describe how amazing Amanda was. I mean, her credibility as an award-winning photographer and the images she takes speak for themselves. She thinks of things that I never would, and rolls with any visions that you have. She made us feel extremely comfortable acting all lovey-dovey and was patient and relaxed the entire time (which, trust me, I was stressed enough for the both of us and she absolutely calmed me down). Half of the time, I didn't even realize she was there, until later, when I saw these AMAZING candids that we'll treasure for years (as cheese-ball as that sounds). But if that isn't enough, she went beyond providing amazing photos, tying ties and running around the place to help out. I never in a million years expected that from her. I was uuuuuuber picky about photography even though I was on a pretty tight budget, and I couldn't have made a better decision. I still hear about how amazing our photographs were, and it's been almost a year since the wedding. Hell, one day I woke up to a photo Amanda took of me and my husband on the main page of instagram with like 3000 likes and comments. What is that? Do it. You will never ever regret it. I have such a special place in my heart for this chick. She totally rocked it out. Eternally grateful!! Agh!

Profile Picture Teah, 10/19/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I booked Amanda after seeing a photo of a wedding from Bessie's Barn in Centerville, IA. I knew I had to have her after that and I must say I definitely was not disapointed! We've only got to see "sneak peaks" so far but I can't wait to see the rest! She is super fun to work with, doesn't mind if you chip in with ideas, and captures real "moments" instead of just snapping pictures. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer! Thanks, Amanda, we can't wait to see the rest and do our rock the dress session! :)

Profile Picture Lauren, 2/24/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

By far the BEST photographer you will EVER FIND!!!! Her talent is endless! You absolutely do not have to worry about whether you got some good wedding photos because she never takes a bad picture. I will use her for family pictures from here on out as well.

Profile Picture Cindi, 3/30/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Amanda is the BEST Photographer! She does amazing work and really has a special talent for finding the most unique angles to make EVERY picture taken look gorgeous. I am soooo glad that I had her for my wedding and would recommend her to anyone! Amanda's vibrant personality makes her so wonderful, she would do anything for you and every picture she takes is perfect. I look forward to future photo sessions with her!

Profile Picture Ginger, 6/23/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

beautiful pictures!!!! loved our experience with her and she made us feel so comfortable. will most likely be our photographer with other special events in our lives.

Profile Picture Bailey, 6/9/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We loved our photos! She got them back to us very quickly.

Profile Picture User2669832, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Amanda was great! Photography was something that was a top priority for our wedding, and Amanda did not disappoint. She was amazing to work with and we could not be happier with her and the images that she produced!

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/16/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I found Amanda when I was researching photographers in the state of IA for our upcoming wedding. It was a gamble booking her because I never got to meet her, since we live out of state. Judging by her website and the photos she had posted I knew she was the perfect person to photograph one of the biggest days of my life. Amanda did an AMAZING job of capturing our special day. There is no need to worry about the quality of pictures, she always delivers. She did such an amazing job getting a picture of every single detail, I love that she shoots the action shots, not just the posed positions. Our pictures turned out better than I ever could have imagined. I strongly recommend Amanda as a photographer.

Profile Picture Rachel , 10/23/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Amanda was absolutely wonderful!!! She was so patient and VERY professional. She didnt just photograph my wedding...she captured memories....I put so much time into planning my wedding and i realized that after the day was done all I would have left is the "thought" of the most amazing day of my life so I knew I needed "the best" (Amanda Basteen) to be there to capture every detail and expression! :) She exceeded every expectation i had!

Profile Picture Tessa, 8/28/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I have has 8 sessions with Amanda. That in itself speaks highly of how great I feel she is as a photographer, professional, and now family friend. She's seen my family through my engagement, wedding, birth of our 1st and her into her first year of life. She's captured so many memories for my family like only her trained eye can see. We'll continue to use her for photographs in the years to come and are so grateful when she comes out to our farm which is over an hour away for her, to shoot photos. My sister and friend have booth used her for their weddings, and I highly recommend her to everyone!

Profile Picture Christina, 3/13/10, 1 Review