75 Reviews for Alyssa Maloof Photography

High-Res Images (1)
Multi. Locations (1)
Proofs (1)

Absolute perfection.

I cannot recommend Alyssa enough. Not only is she wonderful to work with, but her photographs are beyond perfect. I couldn't be happier with how our wedding pictures turned out. Seriously, if you need a wedding photographer, look no further.

Profile Picture David, 8/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Alyssa did our engagement photos and Central Park and she also did our wedding photos. She is a creative genius, who truly captures the moment and its raw feelings and emotions. She worked with us at every stage, from planning our engagement shoot in Central Park (i.e. providing feedback on outfits, lighting, time of day, etc.) to the day of the wedding (i.e. shot list, logistics, "ideal" photos, help with photo locations and vibes), and everything in between. She is organized, professional, and really fun to work with. So helpful, insightful and knowledgeable. She makes the process fun and easy; like you can be in your natural state of being, and she will capture the beauty and essence of that moment. Some of the best shots we got were candid (the formal ones were incredible, as well), and I can't wait to print them and have them, forever. It was so much fun working with her and we are still in disbelief that we received our wedding photos, less than a month after our wedding! My husband and I are SO thrilled and SO excited about all of the amazing shots that we have from the wedding. The only dilemma we have is which ones to choose! I would highly recommend Alyssa for anything, whether it’s for a wedding or another type of special event. We definitely hope to work with her again, in the future! She’s amazing! We miss her, already! Thanks, Alyssa! You rock!

Profile Picture Becky, 7/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Alyssa was absolute perfection from start to finish - professional, chill, goofy, sincere, go-with-the-flow but with a vision.

We already were raving about our positive experience before we even got the pictures (Alyssa is a gem, just personality-wise, to have with you on your wedding day!!). BUT THEN we got the pics themselves! Honestly, we couldn't be more pleased. The variety of shots, thoughtfulness in editing, and the beautiful, cohesive suite as a whole captured our day magnificently.

So many friends & family members have already commented on the genuine and easy joy captured in our pics - we have Alyssa to thank for that! I can't recommend highly enough.

Profile Picture Hannah, 5/12/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Alyssa is absolutely phenomenal! She was precisely the style we were looking for with an emphasis on capturing the day's amazing moments (as opposed to lots of posed shots). We expressed our strong wish for those types of photos and boy did she deliver. I'll back up and say that in the wedding planning process, she was incredibly responsive, kind, and accommodating. I sent her photos that I liked, descriptions, lots of emails with questions and clarifications, and she was on top of every email and question I had. It was very comforting to have such a responsive vendor in the midst of wedding planning. She's also super laid back, funny, charming, and sweet. She was FABULOUS to have around on the day of the wedding. She's fun and made everyone feel relaxed - most importantly my husband who can be a little camera shy. Then, the photos! We just could not believe her amazing work. She captured our day so beautifully and so artfully. We couldn't have dreamt of photos that would come out like hers. And she sent the entire album to us exactly 9 days after our wedding. I couldn't have imagined a better surprise than to wake up that Monday morning, the first morning my husband and I had to get back to reality, to that email from Alyssa saying that the photos were ready. We've been looking through them ever since. I am so grateful to have such beautiful art to represent everything that day was to us. I cannot say enough about her. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone and I most certainly plan to use her services again.

Profile Picture Tessa, 11/12/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Albums, Digital Files

Amazing photographs from a truly talented photographer. We can't get over how good the pictures came out. Superb eye for composition! and excellent judgement in post process. We had Alyssa shoot in a mostly candle lit setting and a string light lit backyard and the essence of the evening oozes out of every shot. Our families love their shots as well and it's raining jpegs and likes all over the place. Head and shoulders above other "canned" wedding collections we've seen. We were worried if our day would result in the magical collections on her blog collections but when the pics came in it was exactly that.

Thought. Talent. Execution.

Thank you again Alyssa.

Profile Picture Tom, 9/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Alyssa Maloof is absolutely amazing and her work is incredible. Alyssa was the photographer for my wedding. From start to finish, the experience with Alyssa was extremely positive. She was responsive throughout the whole process. On the wedding day, she was early and well prepared with lots of great photography ideas and shots. My family is a bit chaotic at times; Alyssa's super calm yet fun and professional demeanor really made the photographing experience memorable... And her pictures -- UNBELIEVABLE. I still look through the hundreds of shots she took.. Each one amazing and captures the essence and pure joy of the day. I also appreciated that during the ceremony and reception, she took great shots -- but I rarely ever knew she was there (aka not in your face!). Her pictures are very candid/in the moment -- less forced portraits which I appreciated. I'd recommend Alyssa and her creativity in a heartbeat. Totally worth it.

Profile Picture User6744069, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

One of the best choices we made in our planning was to have Alyssa Maloof document our wedding. We had met Alyssa a little more than a year ago, when she was the photographer for a close friend’s wedding, and when the time came to plan our own wedding, we knew she was the way to go!

Working with different vendors for our wedding, we know that everyone is busy, but Alyssa is incredibly responsive, prompt and thorough in all the prep. As we got closer to the date, we exchanged ideas on photo locations around the city. Her ideas were way better than mine – the day of I just turned it all over to her!

We are not exactly fans of having our picture taken, but Alyssa's direction and style (she is so much fun!) put our minds at ease and the results are nothing short of stunning. And to top it off, we had ALL of our pictures back only two weeks after our wedding. We, our families, and our friends can’t stop looking at all the amazing photos!

We could not recommend Alyssa more strongly to anyone. You won’t regret it!

Profile Picture Jim, 11/14/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files, Proofs

I had a very specific idea of what I wanted my photos to look like, so I searched around for a while. I came across Alyssa and loved her work, it was very "moody" and editorial and I thought the lighting looked amazing. Nothing looked staged/cheesy or too "high-def" as I call other super sharp kinda of photos. They are more grainy/gritty/edgy. So we set up a call, and I just loved her. I think we talked for over an hour about everything. I liked her so much just from that first phone call, and felt so comfortable with her I decided to book her. I asked her a ton of questions throughout the year, like where she thought we should go, what time my ceremony should start based on lighting, and she was very responsive and helpful. She even helped me plan my timeline of the day. On my wedding day, when I was getting ready I hardly even noticed her in the room with us, once I saw all the amazing pics she got of us getting ready I was shocked! She got such amazing shots of my girls, and nothing cheesy, which sometimes the getting ready pics can be. I loved how she didn't direct the group exactly, or set us up and make us do silly poses. In her own way she communicated with us to just "do our thing" which creates really beautiful organic pictures. She is super chill, which is exactly what you need on a stressful day. I am so in love with the photographs. She captured some really great moments and was awesome to work with. She also got them back to me in 3 weeks which is INSANELY quick compared to others. I would recommend her in a second!

Profile Picture Natalie, 10/3/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Alyssa was amazing! Made everyone feel so comfortable and relaxed throughout the whole day. She also has a way of being present and getting amazing shots without being in everyone's faces and overwhelming people which I have heard from others regarding photography and videography vendors. Her photos are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Look like something out of a magazine. She has the best eye for finding candid moments. I would recommend Alyssa to anyone who wants photos that truly capture the emotions and joy of their wedding day. She was not only one of my favorite vendors, but I would also consider her a friend :)

Profile Picture Jenna, 8/29/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Alyssa was professional, friendly, accommodating, and of course, the pictures turned out great. We have no regrets about using Alyssa for our wedding. You can tell she genuinely loves her job, and she is so talented. We wanted photos that are not cliché, and she really delivered. I would highly recommend using Alyssa.

Profile Picture Eric, 7/25/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We loved Alyssa immediately! She has such a great personality and won us over from our first meeting with her. She was able to meet and talk via phone in the evenings which was extremely convenient, and she was quick to respond to emails. And her photographs!!! OMG. She works alone and pretty much everyone said they never saw her the whole night. No annoying entourage to deal with. Despite being solo, she got shots that were spectacular and in my opinion better than ones from friends' weddings with 3-4 people on staff. She was so great making us feel comfortable in front of the camera, and gave us great directions without instructing us too much. So, she made sure we were in flattering poses and lighting, and yet wasn't making us do anything that wasn't "us." You get to keep all of the digital files, which is amazing. Actually, I have one negative thing to say about her: there are too many insanely awesome photos that it has caused me anxiety just picking out ones to add to a photobook and make into a canvas. Ha! I'll have to print and add them all!

Profile Picture Claire, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Alyssa was so amazing to work with! We were introduced to her by a mutual friend. Once you book with her you get access to a client page on her website where you can make payments, and update wedding info with ease! Because we were planning a destination wedding we didn't meat Alyssa until the big day, but we all immediately felt so comfortable with her! She was so fun and energetic! She captured our wedding in such a unique and artistic way! She captured the whole vibe and energy of the venue perfectly! Our family is extremely impressed with our photos! I highly suggest Alyssa!

Profile Picture Juli, 4/4/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Alyssa has a personality and demeanor that puts everyone at ease. Even my shy family members had an enjoyable time being photographed by her. It was like hanging out with an old friend. Alyssa's skillset is top notch and the pictures turned out great. We highly recommend her and will be seeking her out for other events in the future.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 11/1/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Alyssa, you are so calm, cool, and collected. Everyone commented how great you were the entire day. You just came in like a mouse and did your thang... and were just so awesome. I absolutely love your photography and everyone who has seen some of my pictures thinks that they should be in a catalog. You are crazy if you do not go with Alyssa for your photographer. I just hope she is available for your day... you will have wedding pictures unlike anyone else!!!

Profile Picture User3462534, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Alyssa Maloof is a rockstar! We stumbled upon her work while googling images of our venue. My artsy fartsy husband instantly fell in love with Alyssa's website and online portfolio. After an incredibly generous offer on a 6 hour wedding package & engagement photo session, we booked our dream photographer. One of the best decisions ever!
I could go on and on about how promptly Alyssa responded to emails/ calls, or her professional online invoicing system, or how easy it was to schedule our engagement session, but I'd rather focus on the emotional aspect of Alyssa's work.
Alyssa has an artistic eye, an amazing ability to work with light, and a familiarity with the city we call home. Our City Hall/ Dilworth Park engagement session with Alyssa was so fun! She kept things loose and light. Her hand gestures and silent communication while shooting kept us laughing and led to beautiful, natural photos.
There were several moments during our wedding when I needed to take a break to rest my back. Alyssa stuck with us when we took our down time and we ended up having some great conversations -- letting her in on some of our jokes, my recurring whale dream, and the story of how we first met. We truly felt comfortable with Alyssa.
Ten days later, we received about a dozen teaser photos. She captured our happiest moments in such unique and artistic light. We're thrilled with what we've seen so far and can't wait to see our entire portfolio of pictures.
We highly recommend Alyssa Maloof Photography and would absolutely work with her in the future!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/3/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Absolutely loved Alyssa, from her presence during the day to the pictures themselves. Alyssa captured the day as we remember it and I couldn't be happier with my decision in a photographer.

Profile Picture Maggie, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough great things about Alyssa (and her photos). She was so great throughout the planning process and made us feel so comfortable. She was always reachable by phone or email to answer any of our questions. While decision making can be stressful, everything was easy with Alyssa. She is laid back and kept the stress levels low! Alyssa caught the most amazing photos at my wedding and reception. She was such a treat to be around, my friends and family loved her. I am so happy Alyssa was a part of our day, and with the great pictures she took. I would highly recommend Alyssa to friends and family (and I have!)

Profile Picture Mary Kate, 9/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Alyssa was great! She was a pleasure to work with and the pictures turned out better than I could have ever imagined!! Thank you, Alyssa!

Profile Picture Anne, 8/1/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I am SO GLAD that we hired Alyssa to photograph our wedding. The pictures are so beautiful.
She captured so many special little moments perfectly, but also got the traditional posed group shots as well. We have hundreds of awesome pictures to choose from, and I couldn't be happier with them. I would absolutely recommend you go with Alyssa for your event!

Profile Picture Lucy, 5/10/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Check out Alyssa's website to see her stunning photos, then call her and book her immediately. Not only is she a total pleasure to be around (which actually is pretty important in picking a photographer that will be hanging with you for 8 hours on the day of your wedding), but her work is absolutely beautiful! We recently got our pictures back and it is incredible to see how many little moments she captured of the day. We would work with Alyssa again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture User3656537, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Alyssa brings a unique warmth to all she captures. My husband and I, our family, and our friends all loved her energy! She loves what she does and every picture she takes truly signifies her abilities. Most of the pictures she captured that I love I hardly knew she was taking.... She truly knows how to see the beauty in every moment. Thank you so much, Alyssa!

Profile Picture Lena, 8/25/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Of course Alyssa gets 5 stars!! She is a brilliant photographer who truly loves what she does. She finds the most immense beauty in the finite details...all the details that, as a bride, you may look back and realize that you missed (it in all of the hullabaloo). But don't worry, Alyssa's got your back!

From the moment we met her, we felt a great connection. She's very calm and laid back (which we loved) but don't let that fool you, she takes her work seriously and won't let a thing fall through the cracks!

When we talked to all of our family and friends when we got back from the honeymoon, the second thing out of their mouth (after "we had a great time") was how much they loved Alyssa. She made everyone feel special and comfortable all at the same time.

As soon as we received our pictures, we poured over them again and again. Each time, reliving the magical moment of our day and saying to each other "man, Alyssa is awesome"!! We love her- not only for her beautiful work but as a pure and lovely human being!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/22/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Alyssa is amazing! From the moment we met her we knew we wanted her to be our wedding photographer. She wowed us with our engagement photos, so we were floored when our wedding photos were even more beautiful! Her work is stunning, she's professional, easy to talk to, and did I mention she's funny? She will amaze you!

Profile Picture Michelle, 5/18/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Alyssa is amazing!!! She is so talented and so easy to work with! We would HIGHLY recommend her!!!

Profile Picture Rebecca , 5/17/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Alyssa Maloof rocks my world! Not only does she do amazing and creative work, but she was so easy to work with, kept me at ease and took my suggestions as far as places to shoot or specific family shots that were important to us. She is hilarious and so fun to be around on your big day! At the reception it felt as though she was just a friend taking amazing pictures. She really keeps the art in photography and it truly shines through her work! I would highly, highly recommend Alyssa to shoot your big day!

Profile Picture User2115639, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews