Alyssa DenHartigh Photography Reviews

Alyssa DenHartigh Photography 6
Alyssa DenHartigh Photography 7

Heather Harvey · Married on 06/21/2019

Perfect Wedding Photographers!

Alyssa and Derek were absolutely amazing! A friend recommended Alyssa and once I saw her photos I was sold immediately. She has just the style I love. I live a little over two hours away and I was worried they wouldn't be interested in traveling, but they made it so easy! Thank you to Alyssa and Derek for coming out for both the engagement pictures and the wedding. We figured out all of the details over email and phone calls and Alyssa made it a totally easy/hassle free process. My husband and I couldn't be happier with our photos or the experience Alyssa and Derek gave us. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 08/07/2019
  • Ellen

Ellen Waterway · Married on 06/08/2019

So sweet, fun, and timely!

Alyssa was amazing on and before our wedding day! She worked with us to create a package tailored to our preferences and, when I met with her to create the day-of schedule, I felt that I could trust her completely to capture every moment we wanted photographed.
    On our wedding day we ran ahead of schedule before the ceremony which allowed us freedom to experiment a little with scenery. Alyssa was so sweet and fun throughout the whole day, and there were so many times I couldn’t even tell that she was there photographing!
    Alyssa got our photos back to us within a week of the wedding and they turned out better than we had ever imagined!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Lauren Korson · Married on 03/09/2019

Absolutely wonderful!

When Mitch and I were looking for a photographer, we wanted someone who would capture our wedding day authentically. Alyssa and Derek went above and beyond our expectations. Alyssa is incredible talented; she has an eye for beautiful photos and is so creative while also being organized and making sure we got every photo that we wanted. Her "wedding day of timeline" allowed both Mitch and I to enjoy the day and the people around us without constantly thinking about where we needed to be next. Derek is hilarious and got everyone in our wedding party and family to laugh genuinely. They are the best team. I didn't realize how much of your day you really spend with your photographer...and truly Alyssa & Derek added so much joy, excitement, and ease of mind on our wedding day! Choosing them as our photographers is the best decision we made!

Sent on 04/07/2019
  • Beth

Beth DeHaan · Married on 12/29/2018

Amazing & high quality photographer!

Alyssa and her husband Derek are phenomenal photographers! We used them for both our engagement and wedding pictures and we were blown away by the quality of their work. Our pictures are absolutely beautiful. Alyssa is very organized and her "day of timeline" for the wedding kept us on track (& on time) for the entire day. She used her creative style, but was open to any ideas I had for poses. They both took the time to ensure we were getting any and all of the shots we wanted. My husband and I received many compliments from our bridal party and family members about how fun and easy Alyssa and Derek were to work with! We HIGHLY recommend them!

Sent on 02/10/2019

Caitlin · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing!!!

Alyssa and Derek were the most amazing photographers we could have ever asked for! They work incredibly well together and know exactly how to get the perfect shots!! If you want a photographer that will make it easy and comfortable on you and take absolutely breathtaking photos, I highly recommend you try to get on Alyssa's schedule! Thank you for everything!!

Sent on 01/10/2019
    Alyssa DenHartigh Photography 12
    Alyssa DenHartigh Photography 13

Taylor · Married on 10/12/2018

Amazing!

I cannot say enough to describe how truly amazing our experience with Alyssa was. My husband and I were blown away by the support that Alyssa offered us before and during our big day. We have only seen a sneak peak of our pictures, but we cannot wait to see the rest. Thank you for everything that you did for us and for capturing our big day, Alyssa!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Jacob · Married on 08/18/2018

Perfect Experience

Alyssa and her husband Derek went above and beyond what we expected from a wedding photographer. After searching for weeks we picked them because their photos suited our style, and they were actually more reasonably priced than anyone else we had contacted. Planning the wedding from afar, we only corresponded on the phone a few times before the wedding. Alyssa kept a good record of our general plan and desires, and was flexible to fit to our schedule. On the day of the wedding, it was clear how well and carefully she had planned the day, at a venue and with people she had never met. We were more than happy with the photos, but the real reason to work with Alyssa (and Derek if you choose to have two photographers) is that they have a perfect blend of professionalism and personality to keep you on track during such a fun, busy day. Alyssa stuck to the list of what we had discussed in our phone calls, but they did well to accommodate last minute ideas after the ceremony. They stayed until our reception ended, and amid capturing every moment that we could have wanted, they threw in their own creative suggestions which turned out really well. They were a pleasure to work with, and went above and beyond what we expected. One thing we would recommend is working with Alyssa (or any photographer) for an engagement session before you work with them on the wedding day (which Alyssa recommended to us, but we could not do). There were a few pictures that did not get our “good side” and that may have been prevented if we had worked with her previously.

Sent on 01/02/2019

Jacob Crittenden · Married on 07/28/2018

Beautifully Captured

Alyssa and her husband Derek did a remarkable job before, during, and after our wedding. Alyssa is who we worked with throughout the process and Derek was an extra bonus the day of! I recommend to any couple out there to use the both of them. They are fun loving individuals that are there to make your day the best. They will take whatever you want plus some. To say we are in love with our photos is an understatement. Jade and I are so thankful for the time they spent with us on our special day. They captured it perfectly!

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • O

Olivia · Married on 09/16/2017

I have only wonderful things to say about Alyssa! We did our engagement photos with her, and she was incredibly flexible with our schedule and got the photos back to us in such a timely manner. All of the pictures turned out beautifully! I can't stop looking at them. Alyssa was very professional, and very fun! Looking forward to working with her again for our wedding day.

Sent on 06/07/2017

Rebecca · Married on 09/09/2017

Alyssa was phenomenal! Dont let her reasonable prices fool you into thinking any thing but extraordinary! From the moment we met with Alyssa we knew she was the one for us. You won't be disappointed. She made sure we got all of the photos we wanted. Alyssa is very sweet and very easy to work with. She is very creative and easy going. We are very pleased and would highly recommend! I don't think five stars is enough to rate our experience :)

Sent on 11/03/2017

Ashley · Married on 08/18/2017

Choosing Alyssa as our photographer was one of the best decisions we made while wedding planning. She was incredibly accommodating right from the start, willing to meet with us for the first time at a convenient location and time that worked for us. We were quickly blown away by the photos she was able to show us from previous weddings and it was apparent that she excels in capturing every special moment from the day. Our engagement session gave us a nice opportunity to get comfortable with Alyssa, as well as being in front a camera (both turning out to be effortless). Our photos were gorgeous and we knew we had made the right choice with Alyssa. For our wedding day we chose to take advantage of the full day package, which was well worth it! This was able to take away any added worry of timing and allowed our photos to be much more relaxed. We also chose to utilize the second shooter option (another win)! Alyssa and Derek are a perfect team and compliment each other so well. They both have a great eye for unique shots. Derek had us in stitches all day, which kept the rush of the day upbeat. We made the decision to not pay the expense for a videographer, so it was important to us that our photos would be able to capture every part of the day in extreme detail. I can say without a doubt that every time I look at our photos, I am brought right back to every feeling I was experiencing in the exact moment the photo was captured. We could not be happier with our time spent with Alyssa and hoe beautifully she was able to capture memories we will cherish for a lifetime!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Megan · Married on 07/15/2017

Alyssa is not only a fantastic person who is down-to-earth and fun, but she has such a talent for capturing the most special moments of your life and making them look so beautiful! We were lucky enough to book her for our wedding, and the photos are phenomenal! She is so kind flexible to work with. I live over an hour from her, and we still found time to meet in person and then have final planning discussions over the phone that fit my crazy schedule. Out of all of the wonderful things I have to say about Alyssa and her photography though, the one that made me choose her was her knack for sunset photos. She told me about them and showed me some past examples that made my mouth drop wide open. We got married near Lake Michigan and we were able to take photos on the beach watching the waves crash on the shore, watching the very first sunset of our new lives as husband and wife. It was by far our favorite moment of the day. We were away from the crowd and had time to enjoy some moments alone that were so special, and Alyssa was able to capture our pure love and joy in those moments. Overall, the photos are breathtaking and she is fantastic, you should book her!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Amy · Married on 07/07/2017

We were so lucky to have Alyssa do our engagement photos and wedding photos. We could not have asked for a better photographer! The photos are high quality and you get digital copies and printing rights to all of them. There are SO many beautiful photos that it is hard to choose which ones to print and put on our walls. It was also impressive how quick the turn around time is for the photos. She told us approximately 3 weeks and both engagement and wedding were done in less than the time she told us and were very nice (we also had around 300 or so engagement photos and over 700 wedding photos). She knows exactly where to position you to get the best lighting for the photos and the pictures truly turned out amazing! Also, we were lucky to have her husband help out on our wedding day! Both Alyssa and her husband Derek were great. They made sure to do their best to get all the photos we wanted done in the time we had them for. She was very good at keeping the wedding party on track so that we could get all of them done. After the wedding we even received a very nice wooden carved USB drive that came in a cute box with all of our wedding photos. I highly recommend Alyssa DenHartigh photography and will most certainly be using her in the future when the time comes for baby photos, etc.

Sent on 08/06/2017
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 06/10/2017

Alyssa was amazing right from the start. We got her name from a close friend who recommended her, and after our first meeting, we knew that we wanted her to shoot our wedding. She has amazing rates (and the engagement shoot was included!) which is very hard to find now. She is so much fun to work with, and her husband is also amazing. He made the day even better with his humor and ability to capture the moments just right. Plus we received our pictures a week after the wedding! I would not have wanted anyone else to document our day, she was so helpful in the planning process and I could not have asked for a better photographer.

Sent on 12/01/2017
    Alyssa DenHartigh Photography 19
    Alyssa DenHartigh Photography 20
    Alyssa DenHartigh Photography 21

Rochelle · Married on 10/28/2016

We used Alyssa for our engagement photos and wedding photos. Her work is fabulous! She is so fun to work with and great at capturing amazing shots. Her knack for lighting amazes me! We can't wait to use her in the future!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Alyssa DenHartigh Photography's reply:

You're TOO kind! I can't wait to work with you again in the future. Thank you!

Kayla · Married on 09/14/2018

Alyssa was so great! Highly professional and very organized. She made us feel very comfortable, and getting our pictures taken was easy and fun. Bottom line is, she takes beautiful pictures and is a breeze to work with. I would recommend her to all of my friends and family!

Sent on 10/01/2018