Alyse Camara, Hair Stylist Reviews

33 | Poughkeepsie, NY

33 Reviews for Alyse Camara, Hair Stylist

Trish · Married on 09/14/2019

Alyse is awesome!

Alyse is AMAZING!! She did my hair along with my mom and my bridal party (6 girls) and every single person's hair looked absolutely beautiful! She is organized, professional and a pleasure to have around the morning of the wedding :) I highly recommend Alyse! She's the best!

Sent on 09/14/2019

Mallory Cairo · Married on 07/13/2019

Alyse was great!

Alyse was amazing! She was responsive from the first time I reached out, helpful, and super personable. I felt like I could chat with her right away. In my trial, she did a few hairstyles, and was super receptive to my every request. On the day, she blew me away! Hair was perfect, she is awesome, choose her!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Kelsey · Married on 06/08/2019

Fantastic!

I am so happy I worked with Alyse on my wedding day! She did an amazing job. I wore my hair down - and my biggest concern was losing volume. She was so on it! My hair, as well as my bridesmaids hair, turned out so beautiful. Alyse was on time, super professional, and just all around just did a fantastic job. I highly recommend!! Also - I totally recommend for a cut and color as well :) She does it all so well!

Sent on 08/08/2019

Alyson · Married on 09/29/2018

One of the BEST vendors of my whole wedding experience!

Alyse is AMAZING. Look no further. She works alone because she is a hair stylist machine and sticks to her commitment of styling everyone's hair in 30 minutes. This was really important to me because I had 10 people having hair done on my wedding day and was concerned that timing would be an issue. EVERY SINGLE ONE of my bridesmaids loved their hair. One of my bridesmaids got married the following year and also used Alyse. She is a good listener, makes adjustments according to your taste, is professional, and is genuinely easy to talk with, calming all those last minute nerves on your wedding day. Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/19/2019

Kacie · Married on 10/13/2017

I can't recommend Alyse enough! She did an absolutely incredible job on my hair, as well as on my bridesmaids and mom. I received so many compliments throughout my wedding on how beautiful my hair looked. I have naturally curly hair, and I find a lot of hair stylists make me blow it out or straighten it before styling, but I really appreciated that Alyse was more than happy for me to work with my natural curls - and the final product came out gorgeous! In addition, Alyse was timely, professional, and so much fun to work with! Me and my bridesmaids had such a blast with her getting ready. I can't thank her enough for such a great experience!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Katie · Married on 09/23/2017

Aly was the hair stylist for my wedding in September 2017 and she made myself, and all my bridesmaids, look and feel exactly how we wanted to on my wedding day. Aly handled everyone with great professionalism and has a special way of communicating to ensure the hair style and look is exactly what is desired. Great service, highly talented and an awesome personality to have the morning of a wedding. I highly recommend Alyse Camara! Thank you so much, Aly - you rock!

Sent on 11/21/2017

KayLyn · Married on 09/08/2017

Amazing!!!!!! I can't even say enough good things about how truly amazing Alyse was. Not only was my hair and all of my girls' hair absolute perfection, but she was so sweet, calm and amazing to work with. My hair didn't budge all night. Perfection!!!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Erin · Married on 09/02/2017

Alyse is very talented and so sweet! She styled mine and my bridal party’s hair for my wedding. She took her time during the trial to make sure it was exactly what I wanted, even if it meant doing multiple hairstyles. Everyone was happy with their hair and we all received many compliments.

Sent on 08/15/2017

Meredith · Married on 09/02/2017

Alyse is so very easy to work with. Alyse did a beautiful job on all my attendants hair, she made me feel comfortable and beautiful on my wedding day. She listened to my concerns, made helpful suggestions and showed great attention to the little details. My hair lasted throughout the reception and still looked good at 3am before I went to bed. I highly recommend Alyse.

Sent on 02/18/2018

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2016

Alyse was wonderful! Alyse was my hair stylist for my 10/14/16 wedding! At first, I was apprehensive because I had 9 bridesmaids including myself for hair.. I let Alyse know I was nervous due to time and she assured me everything would be okay. Her assurance helped A LOT! Alyse has done countless weddings where she has been the only hair stylist for 9-12 people she let me know.. because of this I was no longer worried and trusted her fully. Alyse not only did everyone's hair beautifully, she also finished completely on time as she said she would! As a bride, my hair was PERFECT and exactly what I wanted. Day of.. I could not have been happier. Alyse was also was very personal, professional and made me feel completely comfortable which was very important to me! Thank you for such great service!!!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Corinne · Married on 10/08/2016

Alyse was recommended to me by one of my bridesmaids, and I'm glad I used her for my wedding! She was very friendly, professional and answered all of my question promptly. I went for a trial before the wedding, and when I got to the salon the power went out because of a thunderstorm, but Alyse still worked on my hair to give me an idea of how it would look and had me reschedule an appointment so I could really see how it would look. The second trial (luckily with power :)) was great and I loved how my hair came out! I had 8 bridesmaids, my mother, my husband's mother and myself all getting our hair done and was worried about the timing, but Alyse put me at ease and had another stylist from the salon come with her the day of the wedding so we didn't have to start super early. They arrived on time and did a great job on everyone's hair making sure we were finished when we needed to be as the photographer was arriving. I would totally recommend Alyse to any bride!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Lauren · Married on 09/18/2016

Alyse was amazing! She did my hair, as well my mom's hair and 4 bridesmaids. Alyse was happy to travel to where we were getting ready, and was prompt and professional. My hair style was decided on during my trial, and Alyse came up with a style that fit everything I was looking for and worked perfectly with my hair. On the day of the wedding, she listened to what each girl wanted carefully, and made all of my girls look different from each other (and from me) - and each one looked great. Everyone was so happy with their final looks, and our hair lasted truly all day and night. My mom was particularly nervous about having her hair done, but Alyse made sure she felt comfortable - and she got so many compliments that day! I highly recommend using Alyse for your wedding!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Erika · Married on 09/17/2016

There is no one else I would have wanted to help make my bridal party and myself look our best on my wedding day than Alyse. She was there bright and early to get started, and worked right up until we needed to leave for the ceremony in order for us all to look perfect. In a short amount of time, she was able to make 11 people's hair look AMAZING... she is truly gifted and loves what she does. Her prices are extremely reasonable, and she will work with you to get the exact look that you are going for. 10/10!!!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Mary · Married on 07/29/2016

Alyse did hair for me and my bridal party on my wedding day. I can't say enough good things about the job she did. All of the girls loved how their hair came out. No one's style budged all day/night. In fact, my updo lasted through the entire weekend, even after I'd slept on it. This is so important, because the last thing you want to worry about on your wedding day is your hair not holding up. I would definitely recommend Alyse - she did a wonderful job, and I'm so happy I chose her for my special day.

Sent on 08/10/2016

Dan · Married on 06/04/2016

Alyse nailed it! All 6 of my bridesmaids and myself were over the moon with how our hair came out, not to mentioned that it stayed put through a night of dancing and celebrating in the heat of the summer. Not only is Alyse and amazing hair stylist but she is a great person and definitely someone who fits right in while you spend the morning getting ready with your girls. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Samantha · Married on 10/17/2015

Alyse went above and beyond and made my wedding hair dream come true! I have super thick hair which is not easy to work with but Alyse made it possible! Alyse was also very responsive, reliable and easy to work with. So happy I went with her (so are my bridesmaids)

Sent on 12/29/2015

Emily · Married on 07/18/2015

I would highly recommend Alyse Camara for bridal hair! I had worked with her for one of my best friend’s weddings last July and when I got engaged I KNEW that I had to call her to see if she was available for my wedding. Both times I worked with her she did an absolutely fantastic job with everyone’s hair! The first wedding that I was in had 12 bridesmaids and every single one of them was very happy with their hair – which is no small feat especially with a bunch of NYC girls.

She is extremely professional and listens to what the you and the girls want! I loved working with her because she is very relaxed and easy going in a professional way, she doesn’t add stress to the situation on the big day. I was extremely happy with the work that she did – she made my hair curly / wavy and somehow made it stay all day – which is not an easy feat with my hair. All of the girls ended up picking really beautiful up-dos with braids and she did a beautiful job with them as well. Finally, she ended up doing my mother and mother in laws hair – who were skeptical with one only liking her hair how her hair stylist does it and the other had a bad experience from another wedding. But Alyse was able to make them both look and feel absolutely beautiful. I think one of the best parts about Alyse is that she just makes everyone look like the best version of themselves, which I think is an extremely important thing for a wedding! I would and have recommended her hair on your wedding day!

Sent on 08/04/2015

Michelle · Married on 04/10/2015

Alyse was great! She is super friendly and talented. I wasn't sure of what I wanted my hair to look like, but I gave her a few ideas during the trial and she ran with it! I loved how it came out and she duplicated it perfectly the actual day of my wedding. All my bridesmaids had updo's that looked fabulous as well. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Cherylynn · Married on 09/05/2014

Alyse has been cutting my hair so deciding to have her do my hair for my wedding was a no-brainer! I cannot say enough wonderful words to describe how AMAZING & ELEGANT my hair looked on my wedding day! I loved working with Alyse both for the trial and on my wedding day. My hair was truly a one of a kind and Alyse worked extremely hard to make sure every piece of hair was exactly where it needed to be. She's exceptionally talented, confident and extremely knowledgeable regarding various looks/ hairstyles. I got so many compliments on my hair and my bridal party. Our hair held up all day and night! I felt absolutely stunning on my wedding day! And I would highly, highly recommend Alyse to any future bride!

Sent on 03/22/2015

Jenny · Married on 08/24/2014

I was so glad to work with Alyse for my wedding hair. She asked to see a photo of what I wanted, and was able to make it look beautiful; and she efficiently styled the hair of five bridesmaids and two moms the morning of my wedding, and everyone was very happy with how they looked! She is down to earth and was great to be with the morning of the wedding. Thank you!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Alyse did my hair and hair for my 10 bridesmaids and mother for my wedding in July 2014. She later also did my hair for my friends wedding in July 2015. Alyse is very talented. She was able to accomodate any request and was always flexible when someone wanted to adjust or try a diffreent style. She did everything from a old hollywood waves (all down) hairstyle on my sister to complex braided up-dos on my friends. I highly reccomend her!

Sent on 09/18/2015

Melissa · Married on 05/16/2014

I searched everywhere in the Hudson Valley for a stylist to do my hair for my wedding. When I found Alyse I was so very happy. She listened to what I wanted and made me feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day. I would highly recommend Alyse!

Sent on 04/30/2015

Caitriona · Married on 11/02/2013

Alyse is fantastic!! Truly, she is incredible. Leading up to the wedding, I kept changing my mind about what "look" I wanted to have for my big day. Alyse was so patient with me and offered her expert opinions based on my hair type. When we did the trial, I wanted it down and soft curls. She did an amazing job, and my hair did hold up throughout the day even though I have "fine" hair. However, I changed my mind and decided I wanted to do it up just 2 weeks before my wedding day. Alyse was amazing and fit me into her busy schedule so that we could do another trial. She assured me that she understood completely and that this is what trials are for! Her personality is so warm and friendly and she made me laugh and feel completely comfortable. And my hair looked AMAZING! I knew going into my wedding day that I wouldn't have to worry at all! Alyse arrived right on time and did hair for my 5 bridesmaids, my mother-in-law and myself and was still done early! The morning was so comfortable, and Alyse just fit right into our group-- we were all laughing and sharing stories. It made my "getting ready" morning so memorable. Every one of my girls loved their hairstyle, and all of our hair held up amazingly all day! We danced the night away and still looked photo ready at the end of the night. Thank you so much Alyse for your phenomenal work, and to all you future brides out there I promise you that you will look incredible on your wedding day if you choose Alyse!!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Annaliese · Married on 09/07/2013

I am a hair stylist and when I thought about who I would want doing my hair for my wedding it was a no brainier for me that it had to be Alyse! She is a true artist. I love her work and she is a perfectionist. Alyse did my trial which I loved. I last minute decided I wanted to change it and wear it up and really blew me away with what she did for me. I was so happy with the end result and I have never felt so beautiful thanks to her :) Any bride or client who gets Aly has their stylist is very lucky!! :)

Sent on 10/12/2013

Amanda · Married on 09/01/2013

Alyse Camara was amazing! On my big day she came and did all 6 of my bridesmaid’s hair. Not only was she fast she did an amazing job. I send her a picture of a hairstyle and she matched it perfectly. During the big day and for weeks after I received numerous compliments on how sophisticated and classy the bridesmaids looked and how everyone especially loved their hair! In addition to amazing work , she was so friendly! Alyse was the first of the beauty team to be complete and still she stayed until we left to make sure everyone was comfortable and happy. I really appreciated her hard work and dedication and I would hands down recommend her to any bride.

Sent on 12/23/2013