Altmix Photography Reviews

41 | Atlanta, GA

41 Reviews for Altmix Photography

41 Altmix Photography Reviews

Sarah · Married on 06/30/2018

When it came to wedding vendors, I knew that photography was at the top of my list since it is one of the few things that will last past the actual wedding day. I found Matt during one of my countless google searches for “best photographer in Atlanta.” He popped up because he has so many amazing and (as I found out) completely deserved reviews! I started looking at his website and was taken away with how he played with geometry, color, light; the decision to hire him was incredibly easy.
    Matt took the time to create a customized package for us. I was so touched that he worked with our budget and was still able to give us all that we wanted on our wedding day. On top of that, he made the effort to meet with us on one of the two days we were in Atlanta before the wedding (we live in Seattle but have roots in Atlanta).
    Before the ceremony, Matt worked wonders! He helped us fend off some bees, weathered a few drops of rain, and even was able to make our baby niece smile in ALL her pictures! It was amazing. He made the reception look like we had hired a professional light crew. His job is to make your wedding look good, and he did exactly that.
    As you can probably tell, Matt is a joy to be around and work with. Alleviating instead of adding to stress was a priceless benefit of choosing Matt; he truly remained calm through the entire event. Matt dressed the part and was more than we could have hoped for from our photographer.

The final product brought tears to my eyes. There are so many incredible photos that it is hard to choose favorites. I love how he used the stained glass in the chapel for some of our portraits; he also found an amazing outdoor spot that made the couple and family photos look like they were out of a fairy tale.

Know that you can trust Matt with your wedding day. We are so happy with him and his work that we could not recommend him more!

Altmix Photography 1
    Altmix Photography 2
    Altmix Photography 3
    Altmix Photography 4
    Altmix Photography 5
    Altmix Photography 6
    Altmix Photography 7

Rachel · Married on 11/12/2017

Matt's still in the process of editing our photos, and we've only gotten a peek at four of them, but we're already blown away. Matt is a true artist, and very personable. Our photoshoot felt like we were just hanging out with a friend. We would be very happy to hire him again for another event.

Matthew · Married on 11/11/2017

I was lucky enough to notice Matt’s work years before my own wedding, and was sold the moment I saw that first image. I’ve worked in visual communications for a while, and though I’m not a professional photographer, I’m cursed with unusually high standards. Matt exceeds those, by a long shot. He’s clearly mastered the technical part — he swaps lenses like he’s twirling a pen, he’s lithe on his feet when chasing light, and his post-processing workflow is so refined that he got us our images within one week. A week! So many of these would be worthy of a magazine, both from the immaculate framing and emotion conveyed.

Beyond the technical, he also has this soothing, enthusiastic presence while he works. We kept telling people how the couples’ portraits were one of the day’s highlights, because it felt like we got our only “alone time” then…which is weird because Matt was there the whole time. But his demeanor and direction put us at such ease that it was easy to act natural. We got SO many compliments from guests about how amiable Matt was, and he was always gracious (and encouraging!) to those who wanted photos themselves. He also clearly has a knack for angles, because he got some snaps during the ceremony that straight up baffled me — I thought for sure I would have seen him in my periphery. Nope! It’s like we paid for a second shooter, which is nuts.

The bottom-line, though, is that these photos totally take us back to the day. They totally capture the joy of each moment. He never missed, never was in the way, and acted like a true professional *and* a friend. (Matt — if you’re reading this, where do we send our friendship application?) It’s hard to describe how on-point each photo was, but what I can articulate is that everything illustrated just how much fun we had. And that’s worth every penny.

Cassandra · Married on 09/09/2017

We were so glad we chose Matt to shoot our big day! He was great with communication both before and after our wedding weekend which was important to us since we were from out of town. Before the wedding, Matt took the time to get to know us as a couple and what we were looking for in our photos– on the big day, it didn’t feel like he was a random wedding vendor showing up to take pictures, but a longtime friend that was there to capture our day. He kept us on schedule with all of the pre and post ceremony pictures and worked well with the out of town videographer. We were so impressed with the quality of photos he got back to us just a couple of weeks after the big day. All of our bridal party enjoyed working with him too and we can’t wait for some of our friends to use him in the future so we get the chance to work/hang with him again.

Sent on 10/29/2017

Altmix Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Cassandra- I totally hope to see you guys again soon!

Stephanie · Married on 09/02/2017

When Parker and I first saw Matt’s work, we knew he was the one. His work stood out to us among the sea of wedding photographers. We loved the way he captured moments – unique, intimate, artistic. And when we met him in person, it was love at first sight. Matt is easygoing and fun. We clicked immediately. When it came time for our engagement pictures, he helped us feel comfortable, which isn’t easy because being intimate in public is not something I’m a fan of. Matt got to know us and we didn’t feel like he was our photographer. He is our friend. As the big day rolled around, Matt was intuitive about when we needed a break and would pull us aside for a breather and couple shots. He is understanding, accommodating and always has a positive attitude. The final wedding pictures are beyond my wildest dreams. They are PERFECT. I’m so thankful for Matt for capturing every special moment of our day. He’s given us a gift we’ll have for the rest of our lives. He’s truly a unicorn in the world of photographers.

Sent on 10/18/2017

Altmix Photography's reply:

Stephanie- you and Parker are the best ever. Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

Catherine · Married on 05/20/2017

I recently worked with Matt on a multicultural wedding that went INCREDIBLE. It was an extremely long day, and he was on top of everything from the moment he started working. He came with detailed notes about what was important to the bride and groom to capture, shots lists, timeline notes, etc. He was a pleasure to work with as a professional and as an individual, fun and personable :) His clients love him, and so does Chancey Charm! Thanks Matt!!

Kylie · Married on 11/12/2016

Matt was the only photographer my husband and I contacted when deciding who we wanted to hire. Living in Atlanta, I was familiar with his work and have had a few friends that worked with him. We were fortunate enough that he had our November weekend open and decided to work with us. Matt shot our rehearsal dinner and wedding and we also got our photo booth through him as well.

I cannot say enough great things about working with Matt - he's an absolute treat, so easy to work with and a bride's dream in terms of being able to trust he's getting all the best shots and capturing moments you'll miss considering how busy the wedding day is! He is beyond talented - it really is hiring an artist as opposed to someone who just takes pictures. We've gotten endless compliments on the photos from our wedding weekend.

I'd also highly recommend doing your photo booth through Matt if considering one. At first I was a little confused that pictures didn't print out instantly for guests to take with them, but when we got the album I was so thrilled. The quality is amazing so your guests can actually enjoy the photos. Two super fun young men attended the booth - "hype men" of sorts - which everyone loved of course.

I wish I could give a 10 star rating because 5 just doesn't seem like enough.

Caryl · Married on 07/02/2016

Matt did an incredible job photographing our wedding. From the beginning, our initial meeting, paperwork, and communication was very professional. My family was so pleased to work with Matt as he was extremely organized throughout the entire process. On the wedding day, he was very personable and people kept remarking about how friendly, flexible, and professional he is. Another thing that my husband and I noticed is that even though there was only one photographer, it almost seemed like there were two! We were especially impressed with how he was able to get photos of the ceremony from the balcony and then seconds later, get photos from the ground level. We are completely satisfied with his creativity and professionalism, and we definitely recommend him!

diana · Married on 06/30/2016

Matt was amazing at the wedding of Becca Rubey and Michael seminer.
    It was a wild,fun wedding and Matt quietly got ALL the special moments.
    he was kind,polite,quiet,agreeable AND the photos are beyond great.
    Thanks Matt.
    diana seminer (pround MOM)

Rachel · Married on 04/30/2016

Matt was an incredible wedding photographer! He was actually the first vendor we selected. He had photographed a friend's wedding 5 years ago and ever since seeing those pictures I knew Matt was the photographer for us!

From the first email, he was super responsive and always got back to us quickly. We were planning our wedding from out of town and he was super accommodating with figuring out times to talk on the phone etc.

On the wedding day Matt was an absolute gem. He helped everyone stay calm after is started HAILING (that was fun). During the wedding he was great with us, our families, and our guests, making everyone super comfortable in front of the camera and getting some great pictures.

He got us our pictures quickly and they are incredible. He did such an amazing job capturing the images and emotion of our day. We cannot recommend him enough!

Kimberly · Married on 04/23/2016

We were referred by a friend to look into Matt Altmix Photography and we were NOT disappointed. We didn't even meet with any other photographers... that's how much we trusted and liked the quality of his photographs! His photography skills are phenomenal and reasonably priced for the ATL area. He was professional and still kept up with me and all 10 of my bridesmaids and 8 of the groomsmen. We just got our pictures back and I am in AWE at what they look like. You will not be disappointed . We had around 140 people attend our wedding and he was a one man team still able to capture the best moments from the pre-ceremony down to the reception!

Travis · Married on 10/03/2015

Father of the Bride appreciating the phenomenal quality of the photographs, the detailed coverage of every dimension of our event and the pleasant, easy-to-work with personality of the Photographer. Matt was absolutely amazing!

Laura · Married on 09/19/2015

I don't know where to begin with my praise of Altmix Photography. We had an incredible experience and I would recommend Matt to anyone and everyone I know. From the initial planning to the day of the wedding, he was professional, on time and a pleasure to work with.

In the midst of wedding chaos, Matt was unbelievably calm. The man was able to get 20 kids to look in the same direction for a family photo and that in and of itself was impressive. Needless to say, we were blown away by the photos. I have no idea how he was able to be in so many places at once but he did an amazing job. Matt captured our day as if he was in my mind. The moments, glances, emotions and love in each picture bring back specific memories throughout the day that we will be able to hold onto for the rest of our lives.

We have already spent a countless amount of time looking at pictures and we are so very excited to share them with everyone else. In light of the fact that he took fantastic pictures of us (that sounds so vain), he also took beautiful pictures of our family and friends. What a lovely gift to be able to share with them!

My husband and I both agree that the money we spent with Altmix Photography was the best investment of the entire wedding.

S · Married on 08/14/2015

Matt is not only an incredible photographer, but also a genuinely kind and friendly person -- exactly the type of person you want around during the chaos of a wedding! We had a very long and involved wedding and Matt was there from start to finish. His photos are fantastic and he somehow managed to capture all of the important moments without us even realizing that he was there for all of them. He also had an incredibly fast turnaround, getting all of our pictures edited and back to us in just over a month! And we can't stop looking at them, because they are absolutely gorgeous.

If you're in the market for a wedding photographer, I strongly encourage you to hire Matt -- he is simply the best!

Matt turned around our photos in less than two weeks and our family and friends have given us so many compliments! He is so easy to work with and captured so many sweet moments from our wedding day. Even without a second shooter, he was able to really capture the day well for us, and our families are really happy with the mix of formal pictures and the more creative ones.

Harmony · Married on 03/20/2015

Since coming across Altmix's website a couple of years ago, I knew that I wanted them to photograph my wedding when the time came. Fast forward to the present, and being a photographer (and bride) myself, I was really afraid that their pricing would be completely out of reach for our family only wedding. Not only did their pricing work for us, but from initial contact to final product delivery, my husband and I were nothing short of impressed with the ease of the process, Matt's professionalism, and the moments he captured for both our elopement and wedding days. We are beyond glad we decided to use Matt as our wedding photographer and highly recommend him!!

Thanh · Married on 03/20/2015

Matt Altmix was professional, kind, responsive, punctual, and his work is amazing. He photographed both our elopement and wedding. He made us and our families feel comfortable, making our pictures more beautiful. He's very nice and truly enjoys what he does. Harmony and I thank you so much for capturing our day into breathtaking pictures. Extremely satisfied!

We could not be happier with our wedding pictures. Matt managed to make every body look great in every single picture. His journalistic style tells the story of the wedding beautifully without anything looking forced or fake. We ended up with over hundred incredible pictures!

Moreover, the pictures look so much more expensive that what we spent for them. Matt is a great value for money. Not only is he incredibly talented, he is also super easy to work with and flexible.

I would strongly recommend Matt to anyone looking for gorgeous, natural wedding pictures.

Alex & Lina · Married on 11/15/2014

After some extensive research, we decided to go with Altmix as our wedding photographers & I can confidently say it was the best decision we could have made! There is so much to say about these talented artists, I will try to make it as short as possible.

We thought their pricing was extremely fair for the quality of the pictures they offer & because we were doing our wedding on a budget, we could only have Matt shoot our wedding. When our pictures came in, we were blown away. The style. The lighting. The angles. Every single picture was... perfect. (I'm not even exaggerating!) And not a moment missed!

On the wedding day Matt was a blast to work with! He was extremely organized, energetic, and made us feel comfortable the entire time. He left a great impression on our guests as well. We recommend him to all our friends - we truly think we found the best there is!

Overall, Matt & Kate seem like true artists that love what they do and that comes out in the photos they take. We truly enjoyed working with them and look forward to seeing them at our friends' weddings!

Thanks Matt & Kate for perfectly capturing our magical day!

Amanda · Married on 11/08/2014

Hands down the best investment we made in our wedding day! I have been following Matt and Kate's work for 6 years and they were the first call I made after getting engaged. They are so easy to work with and create the most beautiful images. They have an amazing talent and can capture more than just a picture. The images they create truly embody the energy, emotion and love felt on your wedding day. I feel so blessed that they were available for my big day and will cherish these pictures forever.

We can't say enough how much we loved to work with the Altmixes! Our photographer was the first vendor we booked (after the venue) because we really wanted to make sure they fit our style. We loved Altmix's style from the first photo we saw, and we were blown away by the photos from our wedding, too.

We decided to hire just Matt to photograph, rather than both Matt and Kate, for budget reasons. They were very flexible, though, while we figured out exactly which package we wanted. Matt worked so hard to be everywhere at once. When we got the photos, we saw that he captured the whole day - us, our families, our guests, and a lot of sweet and wonderful little moments! His style is fantastic and the photos look great - artistic and classic, and not corny at all. Kate was also wonderful in processing the photos. We couldn't be happier! We have so many amazing photos - we may need several albums to house them all! Also - the photos were ready so fast (before we even got back from our honeymoon)!

Matt was also SUCH a pleasure to work with. He was kind and even-keeled and very flexible throughout. He managed to corral our rowdy, large families together for group photos in a friendly, but still effective, way. Matt also had a talent for capturing great photos, but without us even noticing that he was photographing. He was never obtrusive.

Matt and Kate have amazing attention to detail. It comes out in everything they do - from their informational materials, to their packaging- and especially in their photos. They capture beautiful, posed photographs and sweet impromptu moments. We recommend them so wholeheartedly. We couldn't be happier with our photos and we had such a wonderful experience working with them.

Jessica · Married on 06/28/2014

I am going to try and keep this short, but really, I could go on and on about Matt and Kate. I first met Matt and Kate when I was a bridesmaid in one of the first weddings they ever photographed. Fast forward a year to 2009 when I was again a bridesmaid in one of the weddings they photographed. I knew after getting to know them and seeing their work, no matter how many years down the road it would be before I got married, Altmix Photography would be at my wedding.

When it came down to budgeting the wedding I realized we would only be able to have Matt shoot (we were not a local wedding), but when we got the pictures back you would have thought we had 4 photographers. Matt was everywhere and seemed to be able to catch every detail. I have to admit I was worried and stressed about much of my wedding, but not my photographer. I was confident Matt was a pro and would work his magic without any guidance from the bride.

My husband and I have never been extremely relaxed in front of a camera, but Matt made everything so laid back and comfortable we were just able to enjoy each other and Matt was able to get all the good stuff. The day after the wedding my husband declared Matt as the MVP of the wedding and I couldn't agree more. After all is said and done (and the wedding day flies by) all you have to remember it by is pictures and I couldn't be happier with my memories.

Sara · Married on 06/21/2014

1/17/2015
    The first time I saw Altmix Photography's work while perusing a friend's engagement photos, I was blown away. Although a few months away from getting engaged, I thought I better bookmark their website preemptively lest I miss out on a future opportunity to work with them. Once wedding planning was underway, nearly the only thing I was certain of was that I wanted Matt and Kate to photograph our wedding.

Communication was fast and easy. The contract was simple to understand and reasonable. Prices were competitive given their quality and professionalism. They made an effort to know us as a couple, and to know anything that we wanted captured--whether it be an abstract idea or something specific.

On our wedding day they were everywhere but completely unobtrusive. Many of my guests commented later how pleasant their interactions were. Once we received the highly anticipated photos we were ecstatic! You can tell that they have talent and artistry that allow them to hone in on understanding location/settings (we had several --the church, an area outside in the day and the night, 3 different spaces at the reception), light, vantage points, etc. Moreover, they have passion and a wonderful energy. You can see their intent with every picture, so many special and personal moments were captured. Highly recommended! Check out their website!

Emily · Married on 06/29/2013

Matt and Kate Altmix are incredible! We used them for both our engagement and wedding photos and couldn't be happier with our choice or the results. In addition to both being wonderfully talented and creative, they are fun to be around. I'm confident that they can make every couple feel as comfortable as we did!

Both the wedding day and the engagement session were a lot of fun. We loved watching Matt & Kate come up with creative ways to shoot us and the bridal party. Additionally, their photobooth setup was perfect! We are so happy to have these additional images of our guests!

We are going to love having these photos to remember our wedding day. Everyone should use Matt & Kate for their wedding!!

I cannot speak highly enough about Matt and Kate! They were professional, wonderful to work with, and produced unbelievable pictures. Hiring them was the best decision we made when planning our wedding. They captured the wedding day perfectly, and we look forward to looking through the stunning pictures for the rest of our lives:)