Alterations by Wendy Reviews

Alterations by Wendy 5
Alterations by Wendy 6
Alterations by Wendy 7

Allison · Married on 06/07/2014

Wendy was so great to work with!! I was moving throughout Florida while planning my wedding in North Carolina, so when I met Wendy I only had a few weeks in Clearwater and then my wedding in a month- so all alterations Wendy did for me had to be perfect and were the first and last alterations I would be getting. She made everything fit perfectly and took my dress down several sizes. She was calm and very professional (as I was starting to panic getting so close to my big day!). I would highly recommend Wendy for wedding alterations or every day attire!!

Sent on 01/21/2015
  • Josh & Jen

Jennifer · Married on 05/25/2014

Wendy was so wonderful & very professional, working right out of her own home. My wedding gown was at least 2-3 sizes too big and she made it fit soooo perfectly for a VERY reasonable price. She also altered bridesmaids, mother of the bride, & mother of the groom dresses, as well as my fathers tux. I would highly recommend her for ANY alterations!

Sent on 06/06/2014

Nicole · Married on 05/24/2014

Wendy is amazing! We found her on Wedding Wire and used her to alter my sister's impossible prom dress. She did such a fantastic job that she was my immediate go to for my wedding dress as well as many of the outfits for my bridal party. The dress was done with time to spare and met with me for fittings as many times as it was necessary. A true problem solver and magician with a needle and thread, I truly believe Wendy can fix/alter anything!!!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Jessica · Married on 05/17/2014

I highly recommend Wendy for alterations! She is professional, friendly, works very fast and provided some great tips for my dress. After all of the work she did for my dress, it was half of the cost it would have been to go to David's Bridal. I am so thankful for her help!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Wendy is fabulous! She did my wedding dress and two bridesmaids dresses for me. She is very good at what she does and her pricing is unbeatable. I would recommend her to anyone, and I have sent a few friends her way!

Sent on 09/12/2016

Joanne · Married on 04/26/2014

Alterations by Wendy were just amazing to work with. We met Wendy when she helped me find my dress and we continued to use her throughout the dress fitting process. She was so, so kind and made me feel comfortable the whole time. I loved her work - she made the dress fit beautifully. We were thrilled to have her as part of our wedding team and I would highly (highly!) recommend Alterations by Wendy to anyone looking for alterations for both the bride and the groom.

Sent on 05/28/2014

Rachel · Married on 03/09/2014

Wendy did an amazing job on my wedding gown. I had appliques on the back of the dress so she had to work around those for the bussell and she did a great job. I definitely would recommend Wendy to anyone looking for alterations. She is very affordable as well and quoted me other prices from big name alterations vendors, she was at least 30% cheaper. Thank you Wendy for making my wedding dress perfect!!

Sent on 03/24/2014

Brooklyn · Married on 03/08/2014

Extremely reasonable! Wendy did my wedding dress alterations and practically took it apart and rebuilt it to fit me. She did my reception cocktail dress and a sundress for me as well. I would recommend Wendy for sure.

Sent on 04/24/2014

Laura · Married on 03/01/2014

I can't say enough great things about Wendy. She is amazing! She pretty much remade a lot of my dress to fit me perfectly! Her prices are great & she is so sweet!! I would HIGHLY recommend her! I will now be bringing all of my alterations to her. :)

Sent on 03/06/2014

Jessica · Married on 12/14/2013

Wendy is wonderful! She did alterations on my wedding dress from Jon's Bridal. She sewed cap sleeves in my dress. She also did alterations to my bridesmaid and flower girls dresses. Everything fit perfectly and she was very affordable! I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/15/2013

Maranda · Married on 10/19/2013

Wendy is a wonderful lady who has fair prices and great craftmanship. Her work was beautiful and she patiently explained how to get the desired effect from my bustle and how to fix it just right (13 points!). Her prices can not be beat and she is very sweet. I would definitely recommend her and trusted her with the most important dress of my life. I wasn't disappointed!

Sent on 11/02/2013

Latisha · Married on 10/12/2013

Wendy is awesome. I love my dress even more. She is very reasonable, her prices are great and she is very professional. I would highly recommend Wendy to anyone who wants great quality service for a fraction of what bridal salons charge. Trust me, she will not disappoint you. All smiles on my end.

Sent on 09/24/2013

April · Married on 09/29/2013

Totally recommend Wendy!!! She saved the day with only like 5 days left for my big day... She was awesome and very reasonable!!! Thank you Wendy

Sent on 09/30/2013

Wendy was wonderful! She completely reworked the top of my dress and made it exactly what I wanted. Her prices are very reasonable and she was even able to alter my fiancé's suit. He looked so good in it he started dancing! I highly recommend Wendy!

Sent on 08/26/2013

Tracy · Married on 07/14/2013

Wendy is truly a blessing. Her patience and quality of work are 2nd to none. I would entrust Wendy with ANY alteration for ANY occasion! Our day was perfect and Wendy is definitely a HUGE reason why. Again, thank you Wendy!!!

Sent on 07/29/2013
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 04/13/2013

Wendy is amazing and so sweet to work with! She was very flexible with her prices and appointment times for fittings and pick up, which you cannot get at a dress store or other alteration business. I work full-time, so it relieved stress on me to be able come to her on the weekends for my fittings and pick up. My dress was all lace with beading and a long train. So it needed to be taken in, hemmed, and bustled. She did an amazing job and you could not tell it was altered. She made sure to put extra elastic straps inside to make sure it did not fall since it was a strapless dress. For the bustle, she gave me a few different options and we ended up mixing two, which came out beautifully!! I would definitely recommend Wendy for alterations!!

Sent on 05/19/2013

Jeanette · Married on 03/01/2013

This woman has a touch and heart of gold! She transformed my wedding dress to look as though it was created just for me. Ironically, it was a mistake order for another bride that the shop had ordered in the wrong color originally (she wanted PINK, they ordered ivory) so it was made to her measurements. However, once Wendy was finished with it, it was MY dress--the dress that was meant for me to wear on my special day. The level of her craftsmanship is NOT reflected in her prices--she severely undercharges; while she could charge boutique prices, her's average 70% cheaper than the least expensive chain store in the area. From the moment I first spoke with her on the phone to schedule my first fitting to walking through her door to walking out with my final PERFECT dress, she was a calm in the midst of my wedding planning storm. Of all the things that did NOT go as I had planned, thanks to Wendy, my dress was the one thing that went without a hitch. She was reliable, affordable, friendly and a joy to work with. Not to mention, she made me feel comfortable, confident and beautiful in my own skin giving me the crucial bridal glow on my day. When it comes to the wedding and alterations business, in my sincerest opinion, Wendy Bowman is the best kept secret in Clearwater, FL and all of central Florida. I've even returned to her since for all of my other alterations needs. Like her motto, "from jeans to wedding gowns." She does it all and does it WELL. Call her today!

Sent on 12/29/2013

I needed a bridesmaid dress altered and Wendy did such a great job. Great value, great price and quality work. The dress had a small train and she offered to put a bustle in it so I wouldn't step on it for pictures or dancing. Thank goodness she did because we took pictures outside and the other girls' heels went right through their trains and they were stuck in the ground like tents!! Don't hesitate to bring your dresses here, she really knows what she is doing, and has a great turnaround time.

Sent on 03/05/2013

Wendy was such a blessing. I ordered my dress online and when it arrived it was too small around the bust. It was too late to find another dress for my daughters wedding in Florida. I was very concerned that I would not have anything to wear for her wedding. I flew in from Dallas on Tuesday (with my too small dress) and met with Wendy that evening. She had to let both sides of the dress out quite a bit, hem it and she made beautiful cap sleeve straps from some of the chiffon from the extra fabric cut off the hem ( I was uncomfortable wearing a strapless dress, worrying the whole time that my bra would show). She immediately put me at ease that she would be able to solve all my problems and I would have a beautiful dress to wear on Saturday. In the short period of time I was in town I had two fittings and she was very understanding of my time constraints with all the activities of the wedding. She allowed us to pick up the dress after 9:30 PM on Thursday night (two days after my first fitting) because I had a family event to attend earlier in the evening. The alterations were absolutely perfect and I have never received so many complements! She made my full figure look beautiful and me feel confident with the chiffon cap sleeves she created. She also altered and added beading to my daughters wedding dress and it was absolutely gorgeous!! The bustle she put in the back was perfect when it came time to socialize and dance at the reception. I highly recommend Wendy for all wedding alterations! She also did some run of the mill alterations for me too, hemming of slacks and repaired a skirt that I brought on the trip and realized the hem was fraying. Everything was done professionally, beautifully, on time and her fees were extremely reasonable. I would not use anyone else for alteration if I lived in the Clearwater area!!

Sent on 12/03/2012

andrea · Married on 11/11/2012

Great work and great timing! Super affordable. Wendy was able to alter my dress at an affordable price.

Sent on 11/28/2012

Taryn · Married on 11/09/2012

Wendy is absolutely amazing! I have nothing but positive things to say about her service because she saved me from a wedding disaster :)

My husband and I decided to get married in Clearwater Beach, FL because it's a beautiful spot and we thought our guests would enjoy a little vacation. On the Wednesday before my Friday wedding, I decided to try on my dress to see if it fit with the height of my heels. To my suprise, the dress did not fit at all. The bust was all wrong and it was much too big on either of the sides. It looked awful! My mom searched for someone to alter the dress and Wendy's name came up. We called her at 11:30pm on a Wednesday night. Wendy answered the phone and told us to come right over to her home. I was shocked.

She was kind, attentive and determined to make the dress fit. At midnight she welcomed us into her home and determined what changes she needed to make to the dress. Even though we were desperate, she charged us a fair price. After spending over $300 on alterations at a bridal shop, I was shocked that she was only charging us $60 to fix the entire bust and hem the side of the dress.

We picked the dress up on Friday morning prior to my evening wedding and it fit like a glove. She did an amazing job. She removed the boning, added cups, and hemmed the side of the dress. It was absolutley perfect.

Wendy is passionate about the work she does and is extremely talented. She is kind, honest and darn good at what she does. I highly recommend her to anyone looking to have the perfect fit.

Sent on 11/19/2012

Joy · Married on 10/20/2012

Wendy did the alterations on my wedding dress. She did an amazing job. She was a pleasure to work with and did high quality work. Her rates are amazing as she does the alterations from her home so she can give you a better deal than the bigger corporate places without sparing on quality. I highly recommend Wendy.

Sent on 11/18/2012

Kim · Married on 09/23/2012

My wedding was a few weeks ago, my dress fit perfectly!! I had to buy the next size up because of my bust and I was so concerned that it wold not fit or look right. But Wendy did a fabulous job. My dress was beautiful and really made me happy!!

Sent on 10/19/2012

Courtney · Married on 09/15/2012

I don't even know where to start about Wendy! I used her to take in a bridesmaid dress that was WAY too big for me. I was really nervous about it. Wendy was so informative and put my anxiety at ease. She walked me thru what she would be doing, told me things that were needed and things that I didn't need. Didn't try to upsell me. Gave me her opinion and let me decide. The final result was nothing short of perfection. The dress fit my curvy body like a glove. Once the wedding day came, I was able to put my strapless bridesmaid dress on and not tug at it once, all...day...long. If you need alterations, I HIGHLY recommend her! You won't be disappointed! Ps. Forgot to mention that she is very budget friendly.

Sent on 09/23/2012

I don't even know where to start about Wendy! I used her to take in a bridesmaid dress that was WAY too big for me. I was really nervous about it. Wendy was so informative and put my anxiety at ease. She walked me thru what she would be doing, told me things that were needed and things that I didn’t need. Didn’t try to upsell me. Gave me her opinion and let me decide. The final result was nothing short of perfection. The dress fit my curvy body like a glove. Once the wedding day came, I was able to put my strapless bridesmaid dress on and not tug at it once, all day long. If you need alterations, I HIGHLY recommend her! You won't be disappointed! Ps. Forgot to mention that she is very budget friendly.

Sent on 09/23/2012