Alterations by Wendy Reviews

Alterations by Wendy 5
Alterations by Wendy 6
Alterations by Wendy 7

Brooke · Married on 01/17/2016

Wendy was absolutely fabulous! She did such a wonderful job on my wedding dress alterations and has a few tricks up her sleeve to ensure the perfect fit! Not only is her work wonderful but so is her prices! Extremely affordable! Definitely use Wendy for any of your alterations!

Sent on 01/25/2016

Christal · Married on 12/05/2015

Wendy is amazing. I purchased my dream dress and knew that it would be to small. Wendy altered the dress to fit my body perfectly. The dress looked amazing.

Sent on 12/06/2015

Kelsey · Married on 12/05/2015

Wendy does awesome work! She really puts her heart into her work. She not only altered my wedding dress but she also did my husbands wedding vest and my daughters flower girl dress. She was even able to add cap sleeves onto my daughters flower girl dress to match my wedding dress. You won't be disappointed with her work.

Sent on 12/11/2015

Elissa · Married on 11/28/2015

Wendy was such a pleasure to work with. She is extremely professional and knowledgeable on what will work with dress alterations. We met several times and Wendy remained patient and sweet. She made my dress exactly what I wanted. I got SO many compliments on my dress on my wedding day and that is all thanks to Wendy!

Sent on 12/01/2015

Lisa · Married on 11/21/2015

Wendy is AMAZING!! She took time to show my maid of honor how to tie up my dress and help me get dressed. She altered my dress to fit me perfectly and helped us with every step of getting dressed. Between what order to get dressed in and how to put my dress on the wedding day, she is very thorough and is excellent at her job! Would recommend her to anyone! She is also very reasonably priced!

Sent on 01/02/2016

Amanda · Married on 10/18/2015

Wendy altered my wedding dress and did a fantastic job! I live in Tampa but based on her reviews I was willing to make the drive to know that my dress was in good hands. We had several fittings and she was nothing but wonderful, explaining and showing me exactly what she was going to do to dress as the bustle had to be done differently due to the uneven hem of the dress. She also altered the neck and around the arms so my see-through lace back would lie perfectly flat on my back and not gap and it looked beautiful! She allowed me to video record her putting up the bustle, which was extremely helpful! My dress fit perfectly and COMFORTABLY enough to dance, eat and have fun! Her prices are seriously unbeatable for the quality of her work!

Sent on 11/06/2015

Cecilia · Married on 05/24/2015

Ms. Wendy was absolutely wonderful! I found her on wedding wire and after reading reviews it was a no brainier that I had her and I'm so glad I chose her! She pays attention to detail, she's flexible with time and she doesn't stop until she gets it right. She made my dress look amazing! It was already beautiful, but with her help and her keen eye for detail it looked so much better when she did her alterations. I definitely recommend her! She is amazing!

Sent on 05/30/2015

Wendy was great to work with. Very reasonable! Great experience overall

Sent on 06/10/2015

Christina · Married on 04/16/2015

Wendy is amazing!!!! I ordered my dress online and Wendy customized it taking it in several inches to make the lace up back fit appropriately, she added lifts, and a beautiful bustle, so beautiful in fact, that I kept the dress bustled the whole wedding since it was outdoors. She also created a special bustle so I could change from heels to flats. She was so warm and friendly and felt like a second Mom when mine couldn't be there. I absolutely love her work and have already referred several people to her. I can't say it enough... she is truly amazing! THANK YOU MS. WENDY! - Christina P.

Sent on 04/27/2015

Jillian · Married on 03/14/2015

Wendy worked her magic for my dress and my bridesmaids. My bridesmaids were both over 6 feet and Wendy added fabric (ruffles) to the bottom of their dresses. They looked AMAZING!!!!! She is so professional and flexible! She sis all the alterations for my family and her prices are extremely affordable. Thank you Ms. Wendy!!! Jillian A

Sent on 05/13/2015

Stephany · Married on 12/27/2014

Can't say enough about Wendy! The alterations were affordable, timely, and really helped with my wedding address. She altered my dress jacket to be attached to the dress, made the back zipper lace up, and altered my belt to snap in the back (rather than untie). When I start a new job next month, I'll be back to get my regular work clothes altered by her too!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Wendy did an awesome job on my wedding dress. My bridesmaids and mom all got there dresses done too. Her prices are extremely reasonable. Will definitely use her again.

Sent on 12/28/2014

Professional and affordable bridal gown alterations! I saved a lot of money, and her work was admirable! I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

Sent on 12/22/2014
  • Soon2beMrsHenderson

Jillian · Married on 11/20/2014

Wow, wow is all I can say! I just picked up my wedding gown and it's stunning! I had a 7point bustle and a pickup lifted in one spot and snaps added to the lace to have it lay flat. All of which she recommend to make the dress look beautiful and it does. She gave wonderful pointers on how to make the dress lay and look better and they work! I was very impressed when she had me take off the gown to move a bustle point up higher. I have already recommended her to a few bride's and will continue to upstanding, outstanding, speedy and exceptional work!

Sent on 11/15/2014

Hilary · Married on 11/15/2014

Wendy is fantastic! My wedding dress looked absolutely beautiful and you can't beat her prices. I will be using her in the future for sure! :)

Sent on 11/28/2014
  • Teresa

Teresa · Married on 10/18/2014

WENDY WAS AMAZING! She exceeded my expectations not only with her service but with her advice as well. For the LESS than the price I would have had just ONE of my bridesmaid's dresses hemmed at David's Bridal, she not only did two of them but ALSO hemmed a pair dress slacks for the rehearsal dinner as well! I wish I would have had her do my wedding dress, it would have saved me over $100 but I never found her until after my final fitting for my dress. But she did teach me the difference between an over bustle and an under bustle just to find out that David's Bridal was overcharging me and I was due a refund from them. BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, HER WORK IS FLAWLESS! She is very busy though, so call her in advance to schedule an appointment otherwise you may not get her! I sew myself, but with my busy schedule (and her prices), I will hire her to do ALL of my alterations! THANK YOU WENDY! YOU WERE TRUE BLESSING TO ME! ~Teresa

Sent on 10/31/2014

Kaley · Married on 10/10/2014

I would HIGHLY recommend Wendy to anyone needing any sort of alterations done. She was able to work around my crazy schedule, and completed all alterations well before my wedding. She never had to postpone or change any dates for the alterations, which I have had problems with other vendors about. She delivers on her promises. She is extremely reasonable, super friendly, and easy to work with. She was able to make my wedding dress fit like a glove and even fixed the straps on the dress, so it would be more comfortable for me to wear. I am very impressed with the results, and will definitely use her in the future for any alterations I may need. Any brides wanting excellent work done to help their dress for like a dream, please see Wendy! I can't thank her enough for everything.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Wendy is amazing with wedding dresses. She made my couture dress look spectacular after another alterations lady almost ruined it. I am so glad I chose Wendy to alter my gown!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Wendy helped me in a major time crunch! She came highly recommended by another friend, and I know why. She did the alterations on my wedding dress, and it looked like a factory job! I was so impressed that I had another dress done a week later, for some one else's wedding. The dress is a pleated shear, and she ironed all the creases back to perfection after hemming the dress. I'm a very frugal person (to put it mildly), and have no problem paying her asking price. Wendy has a client for life with me!

Sent on 09/17/2014

Sharon · Married on 08/03/2014

I can not recommend Wendy highly enough! I had her make my wedding gown from scratch, I picked a Burda pattern and a beautiful brocade fabric from Joanns, and it turned out amazing!
    My initial concern when I first went to Wendy was working with the fabric, I thought it would be too heavy or stiff to work with, but she said it would not be an issue at all, how right she was!
    She sewed the gown beautifully, with the most accurate and perfect seams throughout. It is flawless.
    Her expertise really shone through when we had to reconstruct the top of the gown, we had to add in extra fabric going from under my arms and around my back, and we also added straps; the original pattern I had was a strapless sweetheart neckline, but it wasn't working well for my body shape on top.
    It turned out better than I expected, the straps give it a vintage vibe, the gown is so unique, almost like a high end couture gown!
    Wendy is a true professional and a joy to work with. She is extremely great value for money too. You will not be disappointed with Alterations by Wendy.

Sent on 07/20/2014

Lisha · Married on 07/19/2014

After reading the reviews on Wendy, I made an appointment with her to alter my wedding dress. Wendy was able to get me in quickly for my first appointment. I needed the shoulders of my dress taken in and a belt attached, I also had a red petticoat for underneath the dress, which proved to be to many layers. Wendy told me not to worry she would take care of it. I went to pick up my dress today and she well exceeded my expectations. She attached the petticoat right to the bottom of the dress, it is absolutely beautiful. I can guarantee you that anything I have in the future will definitely be altered by Wendy. Wendy is very professional and her prices are very affordable.

Sent on 06/18/2014

I bought my bridal gown from David's Bridal but had to still get it altered so I had read reviews from others on WeddingWire about Wendy and decided to see for myself. So I made my first appointment with her and brought in my gown to her home-office studio. She was really attentive and knew what needed to be fixed so that after my second fitting, everything fit like a glove. She also added this elastic band for my strapless gown so I can comfortable without having to tug on the gown. I also had other ethnic outfits (saris) that I had ordered from India in my measurements but they still weren't fitting well to wear for the rest of the wedding day and she also did an amazing job to make them fit so well and comfortably. Some of the saris were heavily beaded but somehow she could alter them so that you can't even tell anything had been done to them. In fact, it looked even better than the original.. Wendy is really amazing at what she does and just put a smile on my face when everything had fit perfectly and not to mention her prices are very reasonable. And I will definitely be bringing her the rest of my outfits to alter. I can't wait to wear all these outfits to my wedding!

Sent on 04/23/2014

Laura · Married on 07/05/2014

Wendy is AMAZING!! She was SO helpful with the alterations for my wedding dress, and really took the time to explain everything to my mother and me so we knew how to get the dress laced up, put up the bustle, etc. Wendy's prices are very reasonable, and and she is very professional and easy to work with. If I ever need anything altered, I will definitely be taking it to Wendy.

Sent on 10/02/2014

Cathy · Married on 07/04/2014

Wendy has a true gift. She did an amazing job altering my wedding dress. It fits like a glove and it looks great! She is very flexible in her scheduling and has extremely reasonable prices. I highly recommend Wendy and will use her for all of my alteration needs in the future.

Sent on 06/25/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/22/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Wendy! I was hesitant to use an 'outside' alterations specialist at first but her reviews spoke volumes of her talent and she lived up to every single one of them! You can tell that Wendy knows a lot about wedding dresses and the necessary alterations your specific dress will need. I had lost about 30 pounds after I purchased my dress. Fearing it would be too much for her to alter, she met with me about two months prior to my wedding to see what she would be in for, but she told me my dress would still be easy! She was so flexible with my fitting appointments and gave me as much time as she could for me to continue losing those last few pounds. She altered my dress in about two weeks time and it was perfect on the first fit. She was a dream to work with - the quality of her work is top-notch and her pricing cannot be beat!! My mom, sister, and aunt ended up using Wendy to alter their wedding outfits as well and we all had a perfect experience! I cannot recommend Alterations by Wendy enough!

Sent on 07/03/2014