Alterations by Wendy Reviews

Alterations by Wendy 5
Alterations by Wendy 6
Alterations by Wendy 7

Rebecca · Married on 04/01/2017

Wendy was so great! I was extremely nervous as I'm not from Tampa and didn't get my dress here, thus no major store dress boutiques alteration services would touch it. I was (very!!) nervous to give my designer gown to anyone, especially in someone's home, but Wendy's confidence convinced me. I had no clue what type of train, etc I was suppose to be getting but Wendy literally took care of everything. I received a huge amount of complaints not only on my dress but how it look "at my reception" (aka bustled). I have seen photos of this same dress worn by other brides since my wedding (same designer-
    not my dress) and none of them had it bustled as much off the floor as I did and none looked like a totally different and amazing dress. She saw my dress and had the perfect vision. She also fixed my no bra issue with the dress and had to resize some lace and made it look perfect. I feel so lucky to have found Wendy! Did I mention she is super affordable?

Sent on 11/19/2017
    Alterations by Wendy 8
    Alterations by Wendy 9

April · Married on 03/19/2017

Wendy is wonderful!! I called her needing a rush alteration with about two weeks until my wedding. There was a rush fee but, it was a lot less than I was expecting, considering the amount of time she was given to work with. I highly recommend Wendy for all your alteration needs, wedding and beyond!

Sent on 06/24/2017

Sonia · Married on 03/11/2017

Wendy did a fantastic job! She was very nice and professional through the fittings until final product. Considering my dress was order a size larger and the cleavage was too much, she added a modesty piece and make it look perfect. The French bustle looked great too and was very easy to put it together after the ceremony. She is very reasonable in pricing, less than any bridal salon. She is a true professional and I will keep using her for any fine dresses in the future.

Sent on 03/31/2017

Lauren · Married on 03/04/2017

Wendy did an amazing job with my wedding dress! She listened to all my requests, and thoroughly explained what she was going to do in order to fix the problem areas. It really made me feel better because I was a nervous wreck about having my precious wedding dress cut up!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Mattie · Married on 02/18/2017

Wendy did an amazing job with my dress! I purchased a dress that ended up being almost two sizes too big but after Wendy's alterations it fit like a glove! She added a belt to my dress and some embellishments around the bust to create my dream dress! She paid close attention to detail to make sure everything lined up perfectly. She also altered dresses for half of my bridesmaids including one that she completed in just a few days due to a bridesmaid coming into town from Australia! Everyone had dresses that fit them perfectly and looked flawless at the wedding! On top of it all, Wendy's prices were very reasonable and she took more care than I could have gotten anywhere else!

I would highly recommend Wendy for anyone who wants a perfectly fitted dress for their wedding day!!

Sent on 02/19/2017

Teresa · Married on 02/18/2017

Wendy made my wedding dress fit me to perfection for a great price! She also created such a beautiful bustle. I found her through a friend who altered her wedding dress with Wendy too. I'm so glad she connected us!

Sent on 03/07/2017

Jessica · Married on 01/07/2017

Wendy was great to work with on making the alterations needed on my wedding dress! She was able to make the adjustments needed and talk through all the alterations she was going to make and explain everything perfectly! She really listened and was able to execute as discussed. She is also making alterations to my MOH dress as well. She is very reasonably priced and worth every penny! I cant wait to show off my dress in a few weeks.

Sent on 12/13/2016
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 12/17/2016

Wendy was awesome and I was very happy with her alterations. She took the time to make sure my dress fit me perfectly. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/27/2016

Ashley · Married on 12/10/2016

Wendy is an angel! She accommodated my work schedule and the outcome was perfect! My dress was several inches too long and after she shortened it, you could not tell it hadn't come that way! She was so kind to my mom, my now-husband and myself! Also, her prices were reasonable for the amount of work she had to do to the dress (bustle and shorten). I highly recommend all brides to use Wendy!

Sent on 12/11/2016

Wendy did an amazing job!! My dress fit perfectly!! I would definitely recommend her to everyone:)

Sent on 12/11/2016

Morgan · Married on 12/03/2016

Wendy did an absolutely amazing job with my wedding dress!!! She was very easy to work with and I drove all the way from Holmes Beach (1 hour and 15 minutes away) to have her do my dress alterations. The bustle was incredibly beautiful, almost even more beautiful than the train looked! My dress had many, many layers and she worked through them with ease and it fit perfectly for my wedding day. Go with Wendy, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Lindsey · Married on 11/06/2016

I would definitely recommend Wendy's alteration services. After 3 fittings, she altered my lace wedding dress to fit me perfectly in every way. She did such an amazing job at an affordable price. I received many compliments that my wedding dress looked like it was made just for me, thanks to Wendy.

Sent on 01/14/2017

Laura · Married on 09/17/2016

Wendy is amazing and a true professional! She was very up front and transparent with me from the beginning about what alterations she would need to do to my dress and how much everything would cost. Her prices are extremely reasonable for the quality of her work. My dress was not the easiest material to work with (intricate lace with lots of boning in the bodice) but she made me feel totally at ease during the process and, as I knew she would, she made my dress fit like a glove! I got so many compliments on it and I owe it all to Wendy! She also did a really great job of explaining how to bustle the dress before the reception! Her personality is also very warm and reassuring. I highly recommend Wendy!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Mareena · Married on 09/17/2016

Wendy did such a great job with both my dress and my mother's dress! My mother's dress was more complicated than most wedding gowns, and she was able to take it in and build custom sleeves in only about 3 weeks. Also, my dress had thousands of beads on it and was difficult to work with, but she gave me a flawless fit on it. She takes appointments at her home, which gives her extra flexibility. I'd highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/13/2016
  • Cathy

Cathy · Married on 06/10/2016

Wendy did an amazing job ob my dress. It fit perfectly for my June wedding! She also altered my moms MOB dress and it fit her perfectly as well and her prices are very reasonable! I would definitely go back to her if i ever needed anything altered in the future.

Sent on 07/03/2016
  • W

Whitney · Married on 05/29/2016

Wendy is so incredibly talented, kind, and worth every penny! She made me feel extremely comfortable and not rushed, and made my wedding gown look like it was designed just for me. I'm from out of state, so she took photos of how to tie up the bustle for my bridesmaids. I cannot recommend her enough - Tampa area brides you need to go to Wendy!!!

Sent on 06/25/2016

Kim · Married on 05/22/2016

I don't know where to began with my review. I am deployed to the Middle East, I contacted Wendy about a month prior to me returning home. I explained to her my situation. She was was very understanding without hesitation she scheduled me for a rush fitting being that I would get home just five days before my wedding. Once I met with her she was very professional. She not only provided me with suggestions, but she altered my dress to fit like a glove. My dress was ready within two days of meeting with her. Her prices were very very affordable. I couldn't believe it. Wendy you are awesomesauce!!!

Kim

Sent on 05/27/2016

Amanda · Married on 05/14/2016

Wendy did an absolutely phenomenal job with my wedding dress alterations. Her prices are unbeatable and her professionalism was on point. I will regionally be recommending her to future brides!

Sent on 04/29/2016

I highly recommend Wendy, she is hands down the best seamstress! I live out of state and Wendy accommodated my busy schedule for the alterations and fittings of my wedding dress. My dress was shipped from a different country and was about a size too big and foot too long for my stature. Wendy literally reconstructed this beautiful $4000 dress to fit me perfectly, expertly handling the intricate beading and lace throughout as well as the satin buttons that ran along the back. She additionally placed almost imperceptible buttons and loops for the bustling of the train of my dress for the wedding reception. I 100% trusted her and would recommend her to anyone who needs large or small alterations of their wedding dresses. She is a true sewing artist :)

Sent on 04/24/2016
  • Grace

Grace · Married on 04/09/2016

Wendy was absolutely amazing!!! My dress did not need much in the way of alterations but I did need someone to fix my neckline and to make a bustle for my train. Wendy was able to do both of theses in a timely manor and she suggested I get a slip for my dress which made it even more amazing! Before I chose Wendy I went to another alteration store where they quoted me $200 to make the bustle and another $150 to lower the mesh detailing that went from my collar bones to the sweetheart cups ( which at first i thought was reasonable), when I found Wendy I was extremely happy with her pricing ( cost me about 75% less) and she was super nice to work with! I highly recommend her for any wedding dress alterations and I cant wait for my wedding to show off my amazing dress.

Sent on 02/22/2016

Stephanie · Married on 03/05/2016

Wendy is amazing! My dress didn't need much, just a hem, until the night before my wedding. I tried my dress on for my bridesmaids to practice and there was a spot where there was a gaping hole! The clasp just didn't cover enough of the dress to cover my skin. My MOH called Wendy at 8 o'clock to ask her for advice. With no hesitation Wendy had us drive over to fix the dress. She seriously is God sent and I wouldn't recommend ANYBODY else.

Sent on 03/13/2016
  • Colleen

Colleen · Married on 02/23/2016

Wendy made my bridal experience that much better! She was a pleasure to work with, has a true talent and passion for what she does, amazing work & pricing, and I would highly recommend. I worked with her at Malindy Elene Bridal in Tampa and am so thankful for the beautiful work!

Sincerely,
    Colleen Brady

Sent on 09/14/2018
  • Sam

Chong · Married on 02/20/2016

Highly recommend Wendy for alterations. Not only did she did my complex hayley paige dress but also one of my bridesmaid's dress. Reasonably prices and knows exact what she's doing.

Sent on 02/27/2016

Kaitlin · Married on 02/19/2016

Wendy is so talented and helpful, but outside of her talent, she is so kind and caring. She is outrageously affordable and I am very pleased with the quality of her work. I had a two month turnaround on my dress and Wendy made every accommodation to make sure we could get everything done in time. I can't say enough wonderful things about Wendy and her service.

Sent on 03/11/2016

If you live in Clearwater, or the surrounding area, I would highly recommend using Wendy as your wedding or bridesmaid dress seamstress. Her prices are unbeatable and her skills are unmatched. She is highly knowledgeable in her field and offers excellent recommendations on undergarments, accessories, etc. I am very petite, but curvy, and Wendy knew all the right things to make my dress fit just perfectly. And my bustle turned out beautifully! She also hemmed my mother's dress and made a few other adjustments making my mother's dress fit like a glove! I am going to be a bridesmaid in another upcoming wedding and I already went back to Wendy just days after my own wedding to have that done!

Sent on 01/20/2016