Alterations by Wendy Reviews

Alterations by Wendy 5
Alterations by Wendy 6
Alterations by Wendy 7

Bailee · Married on 02/24/2018

I cannot recommend Wendy more! Wendy installed 9 bustle points, added cups, and fixed a hole in the sleeve of my wedding gown.

I won't lie I was extremely nervous to 1. leave my designer Galia Lahav gown with someone and 2. to allow someone to work on it. I've heard a number of wedding alteration horror stories. I did a lot of research and requested recommendations from many bridal boutiques in Tampa. Wendy's name came up again and again thus, I made the drive to Clearwater. Her work was WORTH the drive!

You pay up front which again I was nervous about however, she does NOT let you leave without being completely satisfied! My first appointment we tried on the dress and looked at what needed to be done, I paid and agreed on a pickup date. When I returned to pick the dress up she had me try on my dress again to see if everything was perfect. Wendy combed over her work and decided a bustle loop should be moved a couple of millimeters. She fixed it right then and there! She also hand sewed a hole in my delicate mesh sleeve in order to repair it. You can’t even tell were her work begins and ends. Her attention to detail is impressive. When I took my dress home and showed my mother her work, she agreed Wendy has great talent and skill!

Wendy always made me feel comfortable. She is kind, patient, organized and not to mention amazing at her craft. She took time to show me how the dress should be bustled and even helped me decide on which earrings paired best with my gown. If you would like your dress to be handled by a caring expert bring it to Wendy. Her work exceeded my expectations and cost next to nothing.

Sent on 02/10/2018
  • F

Francine · Married on 02/17/2018

Wendy did a fantastic job altering my dress. It looks terrific and I can't wait to wear it on the special day.

Sent on 01/14/2018

Judy · Married on 02/17/2018

Wendy was a joy to work with. This woman is so sweet, she reminds me of my own mom. She's extremely detail oriented and incredibly hardworking. She stayed up late into the night to work on my 13-POINT BUSTLE. This bustle was so natural looking when it was up. Wow. She's really a master of her craft, and extremely affordable!

Thank you, Wendy, for making all my dress dreams come true. I felt like a floating cloud of joy throughout my wedding day.

Sent on 04/10/2018
    Alterations by Wendy 8
    Alterations by Wendy 9
    Alterations by Wendy 10

Maritsa · Married on 02/03/2018

Wendy is truly a master seamstress. She quite literally saved my wedding day when she rush fitted and altered my very delicate, many layered tule Lazaro gown. My wedding dressed had to be sent back to the designer due to some issues on their part cutting the skirt. When it Finally came back it was about a week and a half to my wedding day and I was in full panic mode. I did not think it would be possible to finish any needed alterations in time on such a delicate gown (the whole gown was made of tule and lace). My bridal shop sent me to Wendy, and I can not tell you how thankful for her I am. Not only was her work flawless she had my gown ready in less than a week. She took in the bodes, hemmed the inner lining, installed a belt and created a gorgeous 12 point bustle for my gown. It was perfect.

I can not recommend Wendy enough to any bride looking for an expert seamstress. My gown was probably one of the most difficult type of dresses you could alter, and she did a gorgeous job. I will continue to take all my alterations to Wendy from now on.

Sent on 02/11/2018
    Alterations by Wendy 11
    Alterations by Wendy 12

Jessi · Married on 01/13/2018

I cannot say enough positive things about Wendy! She is incredibly talented and a delight to work with. She is warm, welcoming, and her home is beautiful. She addressed the many concerns I had with my dress and talked me through each decision and price, as I have never had anything altered before. My dress was so large on top, I didn't think it would be able to be altered to fit. Wendy worked her magic and now the dress fits like a glove. It is strapless and I was worried about it falling down constantly, so Wendy installed an inner band-genius! Now, I feel like I could do cartwheels in my dress and it wouldn't move. My entire experience with Wendy has been a dream. Aside from being incredibly talented, she is also sweet as sugar. You will NOT regret working with Wendy, but you will probably want your entire closet altered by her after you see her amazing work! :)

Sent on 12/14/2017

Cortney · Married on 12/31/2017

Wendy was incredible! I had a tight alterations timeline on by Hayley Paige gown and not only did she accommodate me and fit me in her schedule but her work was absolutely wonderful and fit my precious gown to me perfectly. She also gave me much needed guidance for wedding do's and don'ts that were so helpful! LOVE her!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Gwen · Married on 12/31/2017

Wendy went truly above and beyond. I purchased a dress online and it was a completely botched job. The company helped me find Wendy and she turned it into a fabulous, beautiful dress that fit perfectly in about 10 days. It was truly miraculous and I am incredibly thankful for her amazing work and attention to detail! She even hand-delivered the dress to my office! Thank you Wendy :)

Sent on 01/04/2018

Sumi and Rusdi · Married on 12/28/2017

I bought 2 couture wedding dresses that are both very expensive and cost thousands of dollars each dress. I wanted to see if I could save money on the alterations and find a budget friendly, good quality seamstress who could do the alterations for my wedding dress because all the wedding dress boutiques are super expensive and charge $400 or more just for hemming so I found Wendy on weddingwire.com and read all the reviews she received and noticed she won multiple wedding wire awards and her work seemed pretty impressive.

I was nervous and very worried to leave my expensive dress with just any seamstress but she really put me at ease when she showed me what she would do with my dress and how. She had to hem my dress which is no easy task because I have like 5 layers of material and very intricate lace, she had to pull in the bodice, pull in the hips and alot of other things that needed to be done and she did everything perfectly and she saved me hundreds of dollars! Her prices are unbeatable and her work is exceptional! I am going back to her with my second wedding dress for my second wedding. I highly recommend her! She is trust worthy, offers amazing prices, service is excellent, and quality of her work is top notch. Why spend hundreds of dollars at over priced wedding dress boutiques? Go to Wendy and save money and get your dress done perfectly! Thank you Wendy for making my wedding dress perfect! YOU ARE AMAZING!! :)

Sent on 06/09/2017

Gwen · Married on 12/23/2017

Sent on 01/04/2018

Kimberly · Married on 12/02/2017

Wendy is amazing!!!! Book her!!! her precision is unreal!!! she made my dress fit amazingly and it was still comfortable to dance all night in and sit for dinner! Her patience is just as good too because I wanted to try my dress on multiple times and she let me every time! Thank you Wendy, I was even more obsessed with my dress after she was done with it!

Sent on 12/19/2017

Kristin · Married on 11/11/2017

Wendy is amazing and her prices are unbeatable! I had a Blush by Hayley Paige dress (Pepper Gown) that had a ton of layers of finished tulle which required being altered from the waste. I also had the straps tightened, bra pads sewn in and my bustle done. As you can imagine, I was really nervous because the top is beaded but Wendy was precise with her measurements and had total confidence and of course my dress turned out PERFECT! Wendy works out of her home and is a complete professional and very organized. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Wendy – your wedding dress is in GREAT hands with her!

Photos by Sunglow Photography

Sent on 12/03/2017
    Alterations by Wendy 13
    Alterations by Wendy 14

Jennie · Married on 10/13/2017

Wendy was excellent! I had many of layers in my dress that needed to be altered, a corset put in, and an 11 point bustle. Her work is very detailed and she is great!

Sent on 10/16/2017
    Alterations by Wendy 15

Victoria · Married on 10/07/2017

Wendy was great!! She altered my wedding dress, which was no easy task! It was a strapless lace dress, with a scalloped bottom/train. In addition to the dress being a difficult alteration, Wendy worked with me from out of town, and through hurricane Irma, which was the weekend before my wedding! Again, Wendy was great to work with, she did an amazing job, and I could not have felt in better hands while preparing for my wedding.

Sent on 09/30/2017

Maria · Married on 10/07/2017

She has done two wedding dresses for me and have turned out stunning! The one dress was orignally a size 12 about brought it down to like a size 2 and fits so perfectly. Very kind and extremly good pricing!

Sent on 09/30/2017
    Alterations by Wendy 16

A · Married on 10/07/2017

During my wedding dress alteration search I was nervous and extremely worried about leaving my precious one of a kind wedding dress with just any seamstress. When I was introduced to Wendy I was amazed and she really put me at ease when she showed me the design of my bustle and how it would look. Her prices are unbeatable and her work is exceptional! Thank you Wendy for being extremely flexible with the storm and making my wedding dress bustle perfect! JaRhonda

Sent on 11/29/2017

Cami · Married on 07/22/2017

Wendy did a fantastic job altering my wedding dress, as well as my sister's bridesmaid dress. The quality of work was fantastic and the price was even better. I would recommend her to anyone getting married. She will take good care of your wedding dress!

Sent on 07/28/2017

Brooke · Married on 07/01/2017

Wendy made alterations on my dress, via Malindy Elene. I'm thrilled with the work she did! The way my dress was styled, a typical bunch bustle would have looked silly. She made the most gorgeous bustle! People that that I must have removed the train for the reception because it looks so natural and seamless. She even took the time to make sure the beautiful lace details on the hem were maintained when she shortened the dress. She was a pleasure to work with and did a fantastic job!

Sent on 08/16/2017

Caroline · Married on 06/03/2017

Wendy was such a sweet joy to work with. She did an amazing job on altering my dress- one that I was admittedly worried about since it was almost all tulle. She was pleasant, hard working and thoughtful. I could not recommend her more to any bride looking to alter any dress! That's even coming from a very very short bride :)

Sent on 07/06/2017

Samantha · Married on 05/27/2017

Wendy is so incredibly talented!!! My dress needed a lot of work and she was super patient and really cared about making me happy. I had a Hayley Paige dress with an elaborate skirt and she created a custom bustle that blended well and pinned up perfectly. She brought some ideas to the table that I hadn't considered that complimented the dress and made it perfect! Use her!!!!!!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Kristen · Married on 05/06/2017

Wendy was fabulous to work with and incredibly reasonable. Not only did she do a wonderful job with my wedding dress, she was able to totally transform my grandmother's wedding dress into a sundress for me to wear to my rehearsal dinner. Not only that, she worked with my travel schedule (I lived out of town and had limited time for fittings) and her prices are affordable. Five stars!!!

Sent on 06/16/2017

Wendy is amazing at what she does! A bride never wants to pay more in alterations then she does for the dress alone and at alterations with Wendy you will never over pay! Her prices are very affordable. I highly recommend her and plan on using her for any future alterations

Sent on 04/25/2017

Kristy · Married on 04/29/2017

I would highly recommend Alterations by Wendy for any event. She was very helpful and professional. And my dress came out amazing.

Sent on 05/11/2017

Rebecca · Married on 04/28/2017

Wendy provided awesome service for a great price! I was warned by some married friends of mine to expect wedding dress alterations to be very time-consuming and pricey, some friends almost paid enough in alterations to match the cost of their dress! Wendy was not only very speedy, but her prices are outstanding! The quality of work was top notch and she was able to get all of my alterations completed in a short time frame. I brought my maid of honor to my last fitting and Wendy was great in instructing her how to bustle my dress, so the day of the wedding we would have nothing to worry about. Everything turned out great!

Sent on 05/07/2017

Amy · Married on 04/27/2017

Wendy is fantastic at her job. She is sweet and talented. If you are lucky enough to get on her schedule, take advantage of the opportunity. The "turn around" time is quick and my dress was better than I imagined.

Sent on 04/18/2017

Rebecca · Married on 04/22/2017

Wendy was great! Very patient and understanding and her alterations were on point!

Sent on 01/31/2018