Alterations by Wendy Reviews

Alterations by Wendy 6
Alterations by Wendy 7

Megan Obsta · Getting married on 10/04/2019

Wonderful Experience

I had no idea what to expect hiring a seamstress to alter my wedding dress. I had heard the experience could be stressful and expensive, but working with Wendy was none of those things. She does a fantastic job, makes the process so easy and is incredibly affordable. I would recommend her her for any of your alteration needs!

Sent on 08/17/2019

Melanie · Married on 08/10/2019

Professional and knowledgable

I bought a dress way too big for me and she was able to make it fit my size!!! She did a great job... Also the price was VERY reasonable.

Sent on 06/19/2019

R.Ross · Married on 06/15/2019

Wendy is AMAZING! Knows what's she is doing!

I can not thank Wendy enough for fixing my mother of the bride dress. A different alterations place attempted to make alterations and they ended up almost ruining the dress. Wendy was able to repair the damage to the dress and it turned out beautiful. Can not even tell it was almost ruined. She is professional and sweet, and does amazing work. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 04/17/2019
  • inga

inga · Married on 04/30/2019

Great Experience!

Wendy did a great job altering my wedding dress! She is very kind and was easy to work with! Her pricing is also very competitive, but just remember not to procrastinate or else there’s a $100 rush fee if your wedding is within 6 weeks.

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Susie

Susie Smith Farley · Married on 04/27/2019

Wendy was Awesome!

Alterations by Wendy was recommended to us by our wedding planner. We bought the dress in a different city so the bridal salon where we bought it couldn't do the alterations. Thank goodness we found Wendy. She really came through for us, she takes her business very seriously and did a great job on my daughter's gown. We highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/07/2019
    Alterations by Wendy 8
    Alterations by Wendy 9
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Simpson · Married on 04/13/2019

Exceptional & Affordable!

Wendy did such a beautiful job altering my wedding dress. She had very fair prices, and it was evident that she truly cares about her clients and her work. My dress fit perfectly, and I had so many compliments on how it looked. There was extensive beading that needed to be reworked due to the dress being too large; however, Wendy was able to easily adjust the dress and the bead-work. I would highly recommend Wendy to any brides in the area!

Sent on 05/01/2019
    Alterations by Wendy 10
    Alterations by Wendy 11

Alison Kane · Married on 03/23/2019

Fantastic!

Wendy was wonderful to work with! I found a sample dress that was two sizes too big, and she altered it perfectly to fit! Appointments were easy to schedule and prompt. The cost was significantly cheaper than other alterations options. She added supports to the dress to make sure it fit right (it's strapless with lace in the back). Very pleased! Would highly recommend anyone to work with Wendy!

Sent on 03/18/2019

Julie Rockwell · Married on 03/09/2019

Beautifully done !

Wendy was polite, efficient, punctual and extremely knowledgeable about what we wanted and needed. She did a beautiful job on my DIL’s gown and my MOTG dress! Will use her again, definitely!!

Sent on 02/07/2019

Alexis · Married on 03/09/2019

No one better than Ms. Wendy!!!!

It’s hard to sum up how amazing Wendy is at her job, but if I we’re to choose one word it would be PERFECT!!! She is easy to communicate with, she’s professional, she takes her time, not expensive, and she does an amazing job. Save your time by choosing her, no reason to look any further because she’s the one for you. She did my wedding dress, and my sisters bridesmaid dress for my wedding on 3/9/2019!

Sent on 03/11/2019
    Alterations by Wendy 12
    Alterations by Wendy 13
  • Katy

Katy · Married on 03/02/2019

Wendy is wonderful, to say the least!

Wendy is absolute wonderful. Not only is she honest and genuine, but she is kind and incredibly talented. I am so grateful that I found her to help me alter my wedding dress. Her prices are truly the best I’ve seen and she really just wants to help everyone who she meets. I highly, highly recommend her. I’m so excited to see how my wedding dress turns out because I know it’s in the best hands. Thank you Wendy!!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Candace · Married on 03/02/2019

The perfect fit!

Working with Wendy was such a pleasure! With less than two months to go before my big day, Wendy turned by dress into the perfect fit, adding cups, taking in the waist, hemming and bustling for much less than I'd been quoted by another vendor. Her work was amazing, as is her professionalism. I felt like a princess in my dress on my wedding day, and that wouldn't have been possible without her!

Sent on 03/23/2019
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 01/25/2019

Wendy did amazing on my dress!!

I can’t recommend her enough. I seriously can’t believe what she was able to do with my dress. I got my dress off the rack, missing a button, way too long, way too big and somehow she made it fit like a glove! She probably took it in about two sizes and did it with horsehair and lots and lots of beading, and for an AMAZING price! I expected to spend about $800 on alterations based off what I’d heard, but she charged about half that. She also steamed my dress & veil, which turned out perfect! I really don’t know how she does it but she’s amazing!! Highly, highly recommend.

Sent on 01/31/2019

Alissa · Married on 01/05/2019

Was amazing. Fairy godmother

Wonderful! Truly helped me look and feel beautiful in my dress. Thank you wendy you are a God send!

Sent on 01/03/2019
    Alterations by Wendy 14
  • Arielle

Arielle · Married on 12/15/2018

Talented Seamstress

Wendy did an amazing job with my wedding dress alterations. She was very friendly and accommodating with my schedule. Her pricing was very reasonable and my dress fit perfectly! I would highly recommend her to any bride.

Sent on 01/08/2019
  • Johanna

Johanna · Married on 11/24/2018

Dress = Perfect!

My dress needed few alterations, but Wendy did an amazing job of making the dress look perfect! She's very skilled at what she does and is obviously very committed to making every bride look perfect for her big day! I also ended up paying less than I had budgeted for alterations which is always a bonus. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Donna · Married on 10/13/2018

Wendy did an amazing job with my dress! It is a form fitting dress, and it was extremely tight once it arrived in my size- which was disappointing since the comfortabity of the dress was one of the reasons I fell in love with it. Wendy worked a miracle- she was able to make it PERFECT and make it so comfortable once again! I highly recommend her for all bridal alterations!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Kelly · Married on 09/01/2018

We have used Wendy for my daughter's prom dress and now her wedding dress for alterations.
    She is amazing!! She is very talented!! Her professionalism and quality of work are above expectations.
    Highly recommend for any alterations for your special events!
    Thank you for everything Wendy!!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Donna · Married on 08/25/2018

Wendy was awesome, She did the alterations for my daughter's wedding gown, my other daughter's maid of honor dress as well as my gown. She made suggestions and listened to what we wanted. Everything was completed in time and perfect! She had less than 2 months.
    Thank you Wendy!

Sent on 08/28/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel Muriello · Married on 08/18/2018

Impeccable Transformation to My Dress!

I fell in love with and purchased the very first dress I tried on! But there were a few things that I wanted to change about the dress to ultimately transform it into my dream gown. It was far too long (I'm 5' tall), I wanted to have lace removed from the front and the back of the dress and I also wanted a slit in the leg. Wendy completely understood my vision and she tailored the fit completely to me. She added bra cups and even cut the bodice to be snug and compliment my frame. She also created a gorgeous bustle to lift my train. The removal of the lace was a tedious job and Wendy had no problem taking on the task. The before and after photos of my dress are absolutely shocking and breath-taking. I thought I loved my dress before, but thanks to Wendy - the after of my dress left me completely speechless. It looks like my dress was 100% made for me. Wendy is a true artist. Her attention to detail, her patience, her creativity and her love for her craft made my dream dress a reality. I could not be more pleased. If you are needing a seamstress for your wedding dress, bridesmaid dress, flower girls, mom's dress and you are in the Tampa area, Wendy is the go-to option.

Sent on 12/20/2018
    Alterations by Wendy 15
    Alterations by Wendy 16
    Alterations by Wendy 17
    Alterations by Wendy 18

Anne · Married on 06/23/2018

Dress fit like a Royal glove! Wendy did an amazing job with both my daughters wedding gown and my MOB gown. She was professional, on time, price was worth every cent. I was taken aback by the MANY compliments at the wedding on how the dress looked like it was MADE for our daughter the bride and how well it fit her body. Wendy also put in a bustle that worked great once it was time to dance! She’s amazing and was worth the drive for fitting in her home when we couldn’t get to Malindy Elene shop in time. Also note, she had to take off the lace at the bottom hem the dress then put back on. AMAZING! (FYI price was for both Bride and MOB dresses)

Sent on 09/13/2018
    Alterations by Wendy 26
    Alterations by Wendy 27
    Alterations by Wendy 28

Lasamy · Married on 06/16/2018

Wendy was absolutely amazing! I bought a dress from David’s bridal. Was terrified to take it back to those people for alterations . So one of my bridesmaids recommended her because she got her wedding dress altered there. Anyways...Wendy’s prices were absolutely cost effective. I had a budget set. And didn’t even use half of it. She did an 8 point bussle. Even added little beads to make it pretty. Was not expecting that. And she took the time to show a few of my bridesmaids how to lace my coresette back up. I didn’t need much altering. But! She knows what she’s doing. I would definitely reccomend her for any of your alterations.

Sent on 06/21/2018
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 05/12/2018

My dress alterations turned out great! Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Amira · Married on 04/14/2018

I will be recommending Wendy to everyone! She altered my wedding dress and it was done in a timely manner and SO affordable! Wendy added 15 bustle points to my dress, added cups to the top, hemmed it AND took the boning out and redid it because it wasn’t laying right! After all that, my wedding dress still looked beautiful and it was every thing I hoped it could be after alterations! I then returned to have a bridesmaids dress altered for an upcoming wedding. And THEN again for another dress that was too big up top. Both of the other dresses were done within a week and of course looked perfect. You will not be disappointed if you come to Wendy for alterations!

Sent on 06/20/2018
    Alterations by Wendy 29
    Alterations by Wendy 30
    Alterations by Wendy 31

Kristin · Married on 04/07/2018

Wendy provided alterations for my wedding dress. She was upfront with her pricing on the phone prior to scheduling an appointment. She has years of experience and it shows. I had a 16 point bustle and my best friend has done many bustles and said it was the easiest. She matched up each bustle with similar white patterned ribbons and it made it a breeze, especially after a cocktail or two. She even provided tips on how to easily get out of a buttoned wedding dress after the wedding, as grooms are typically clueless in that department. My dress had a lot of beading and many layers, all were done with ease. The quality of work and timeliness was fantastic. I traveled from Orlando to see her every time, it was always worth the trip! Thank you!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Bailee · Married on 02/24/2018

I cannot recommend Wendy more! Wendy installed 9 bustle points, added cups, and fixed a hole in the sleeve of my wedding gown.

I won't lie I was extremely nervous to 1. leave my designer Galia Lahav gown with someone and 2. to allow someone to work on it. I've heard a number of wedding alteration horror stories. I did a lot of research and requested recommendations from many bridal boutiques in Tampa. Wendy's name came up again and again thus, I made the drive to Clearwater. Her work was WORTH the drive!

You pay up front which again I was nervous about however, she does NOT let you leave without being completely satisfied! My first appointment we tried on the dress and looked at what needed to be done, I paid and agreed on a pickup date. When I returned to pick the dress up she had me try on my dress again to see if everything was perfect. Wendy combed over her work and decided a bustle loop should be moved a couple of millimeters. She fixed it right then and there! She also hand sewed a hole in my delicate mesh sleeve in order to repair it. You can’t even tell were her work begins and ends. Her attention to detail is impressive. When I took my dress home and showed my mother her work, she agreed Wendy has great talent and skill!

Wendy always made me feel comfortable. She is kind, patient, organized and not to mention amazing at her craft. She took time to show me how the dress should be bustled and even helped me decide on which earrings paired best with my gown. If you would like your dress to be handled by a caring expert bring it to Wendy. Her work exceeded my expectations and cost next to nothing.

Sent on 02/10/2018