Alterations by Wendy Reviews

Alterations by Wendy 5
Alterations by Wendy 6
Alterations by Wendy 7

Katy · Getting married on 03/02/2019

Wendy is wonderful, to say the least!

Wendy is absolute wonderful. Not only is she honest and genuine, but she is kind and incredibly talented. I am so grateful that I found her to help me alter my wedding dress. Her prices are truly the best I’ve seen and she really just wants to help everyone who she meets. I highly, highly recommend her. I’m so excited to see how my wedding dress turns out because I know it’s in the best hands. Thank you Wendy!!

Alissa · Married on 01/05/2019

Was amazing. Fairy godmother

Wonderful! Truly helped me look and feel beautiful in my dress. Thank you wendy you are a God send!

Alterations by Wendy 8
  • Arielle

Arielle · Married on 12/15/2018

Talented Seamstress

Wendy did an amazing job with my wedding dress alterations. She was very friendly and accommodating with my schedule. Her pricing was very reasonable and my dress fit perfectly! I would highly recommend her to any bride.

• Johanna

Johanna · Married on 11/24/2018

Dress = Perfect!

My dress needed few alterations, but Wendy did an amazing job of making the dress look perfect! She's very skilled at what she does and is obviously very committed to making every bride look perfect for her big day! I also ended up paying less than I had budgeted for alterations which is always a bonus. Highly recommend!

Donna · Married on 10/13/2018

Wendy did an amazing job with my dress! It is a form fitting dress, and it was extremely tight once it arrived in my size- which was disappointing since the comfortabity of the dress was one of the reasons I fell in love with it. Wendy worked a miracle- she was able to make it PERFECT and make it so comfortable once again! I highly recommend her for all bridal alterations!

Kelly · Married on 09/01/2018

We have used Wendy for my daughter's prom dress and now her wedding dress for alterations.
    She is amazing!! She is very talented!! Her professionalism and quality of work are above expectations.
    Highly recommend for any alterations for your special events!
    Thank you for everything Wendy!!

Donna · Married on 08/25/2018

Wendy was awesome, She did the alterations for my daughter's wedding gown, my other daughter's maid of honor dress as well as my gown. She made suggestions and listened to what we wanted. Everything was completed in time and perfect! She had less than 2 months.
    Thank you Wendy!

• Rachel

Rachel Muriello · Married on 08/18/2018

Impeccable Transformation to My Dress!

I fell in love with and purchased the very first dress I tried on! But there were a few things that I wanted to change about the dress to ultimately transform it into my dream gown. It was far too long (I'm 5' tall), I wanted to have lace removed from the front and the back of the dress and I also wanted a slit in the leg. Wendy completely understood my vision and she tailored the fit completely to me. She added bra cups and even cut the bodice to be snug and compliment my frame. She also created a gorgeous bustle to lift my train. The removal of the lace was a tedious job and Wendy had no problem taking on the task. The before and after photos of my dress are absolutely shocking and breath-taking. I thought I loved my dress before, but thanks to Wendy - the after of my dress left me completely speechless. It looks like my dress was 100% made for me. Wendy is a true artist. Her attention to detail, her patience, her creativity and her love for her craft made my dream dress a reality. I could not be more pleased. If you are needing a seamstress for your wedding dress, bridesmaid dress, flower girls, mom's dress and you are in the Tampa area, Wendy is the go-to option.

Alterations by Wendy 9
    Alterations by Wendy 10
    Alterations by Wendy 11
    Alterations by Wendy 12

Anne · Married on 06/23/2018

Dress fit like a Royal glove! Wendy did an amazing job with both my daughters wedding gown and my MOB gown. She was professional, on time, price was worth every cent. I was taken aback by the MANY compliments at the wedding on how the dress looked like it was MADE for our daughter the bride and how well it fit her body. Wendy also put in a bustle that worked great once it was time to dance! She’s amazing and was worth the drive for fitting in her home when we couldn’t get to Malindy Elene shop in time. Also note, she had to take off the lace at the bottom hem the dress then put back on. AMAZING! (FYI price was for both Bride and MOB dresses)

Alterations by Wendy 13
    Alterations by Wendy 20
    Alterations by Wendy 21
    Alterations by Wendy 22

Lasamy · Married on 06/16/2018

Wendy was absolutely amazing! I bought a dress from David’s bridal. Was terrified to take it back to those people for alterations . So one of my bridesmaids recommended her because she got her wedding dress altered there. Anyways...Wendy’s prices were absolutely cost effective. I had a budget set. And didn’t even use half of it. She did an 8 point bussle. Even added little beads to make it pretty. Was not expecting that. And she took the time to show a few of my bridesmaids how to lace my coresette back up. I didn’t need much altering. But! She knows what she’s doing. I would definitely reccomend her for any of your alterations.

• Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 05/12/2018

My dress alterations turned out great! Would definitely recommend!

Amira · Married on 04/14/2018

I will be recommending Wendy to everyone! She altered my wedding dress and it was done in a timely manner and SO affordable! Wendy added 15 bustle points to my dress, added cups to the top, hemmed it AND took the boning out and redid it because it wasn’t laying right! After all that, my wedding dress still looked beautiful and it was every thing I hoped it could be after alterations! I then returned to have a bridesmaids dress altered for an upcoming wedding. And THEN again for another dress that was too big up top. Both of the other dresses were done within a week and of course looked perfect. You will not be disappointed if you come to Wendy for alterations!

Alterations by Wendy 23
    Alterations by Wendy 24
    Alterations by Wendy 25

Kristin · Married on 04/07/2018

Wendy provided alterations for my wedding dress. She was upfront with her pricing on the phone prior to scheduling an appointment. She has years of experience and it shows. I had a 16 point bustle and my best friend has done many bustles and said it was the easiest. She matched up each bustle with similar white patterned ribbons and it made it a breeze, especially after a cocktail or two. She even provided tips on how to easily get out of a buttoned wedding dress after the wedding, as grooms are typically clueless in that department. My dress had a lot of beading and many layers, all were done with ease. The quality of work and timeliness was fantastic. I traveled from Orlando to see her every time, it was always worth the trip! Thank you!

Bailee · Married on 02/24/2018

I cannot recommend Wendy more! Wendy installed 9 bustle points, added cups, and fixed a hole in the sleeve of my wedding gown.

I won't lie I was extremely nervous to 1. leave my designer Galia Lahav gown with someone and 2. to allow someone to work on it. I've heard a number of wedding alteration horror stories. I did a lot of research and requested recommendations from many bridal boutiques in Tampa. Wendy's name came up again and again thus, I made the drive to Clearwater. Her work was WORTH the drive!

You pay up front which again I was nervous about however, she does NOT let you leave without being completely satisfied! My first appointment we tried on the dress and looked at what needed to be done, I paid and agreed on a pickup date. When I returned to pick the dress up she had me try on my dress again to see if everything was perfect. Wendy combed over her work and decided a bustle loop should be moved a couple of millimeters. She fixed it right then and there! She also hand sewed a hole in my delicate mesh sleeve in order to repair it. You can’t even tell were her work begins and ends. Her attention to detail is impressive. When I took my dress home and showed my mother her work, she agreed Wendy has great talent and skill!

Wendy always made me feel comfortable. She is kind, patient, organized and not to mention amazing at her craft. She took time to show me how the dress should be bustled and even helped me decide on which earrings paired best with my gown. If you would like your dress to be handled by a caring expert bring it to Wendy. Her work exceeded my expectations and cost next to nothing.

• F

Francine · Married on 02/17/2018

Wendy did a fantastic job altering my dress. It looks terrific and I can't wait to wear it on the special day.

Judy · Married on 02/17/2018

Wendy was a joy to work with. This woman is so sweet, she reminds me of my own mom. She's extremely detail oriented and incredibly hardworking. She stayed up late into the night to work on my 13-POINT BUSTLE. This bustle was so natural looking when it was up. Wow. She's really a master of her craft, and extremely affordable!

Thank you, Wendy, for making all my dress dreams come true. I felt like a floating cloud of joy throughout my wedding day.

Alterations by Wendy 26
    Alterations by Wendy 27
    Alterations by Wendy 28

Maritsa · Married on 02/03/2018

Wendy is truly a master seamstress. She quite literally saved my wedding day when she rush fitted and altered my very delicate, many layered tule Lazaro gown. My wedding dressed had to be sent back to the designer due to some issues on their part cutting the skirt. When it Finally came back it was about a week and a half to my wedding day and I was in full panic mode. I did not think it would be possible to finish any needed alterations in time on such a delicate gown (the whole gown was made of tule and lace). My bridal shop sent me to Wendy, and I can not tell you how thankful for her I am. Not only was her work flawless she had my gown ready in less than a week. She took in the bodes, hemmed the inner lining, installed a belt and created a gorgeous 12 point bustle for my gown. It was perfect.

I can not recommend Wendy enough to any bride looking for an expert seamstress. My gown was probably one of the most difficult type of dresses you could alter, and she did a gorgeous job. I will continue to take all my alterations to Wendy from now on.

Alterations by Wendy 29
    Alterations by Wendy 30

Jessi · Married on 01/13/2018

I cannot say enough positive things about Wendy! She is incredibly talented and a delight to work with. She is warm, welcoming, and her home is beautiful. She addressed the many concerns I had with my dress and talked me through each decision and price, as I have never had anything altered before. My dress was so large on top, I didn't think it would be able to be altered to fit. Wendy worked her magic and now the dress fits like a glove. It is strapless and I was worried about it falling down constantly, so Wendy installed an inner band-genius! Now, I feel like I could do cartwheels in my dress and it wouldn't move. My entire experience with Wendy has been a dream. Aside from being incredibly talented, she is also sweet as sugar. You will NOT regret working with Wendy, but you will probably want your entire closet altered by her after you see her amazing work! :)

Cortney · Married on 12/31/2017

Wendy was incredible! I had a tight alterations timeline on by Hayley Paige gown and not only did she accommodate me and fit me in her schedule but her work was absolutely wonderful and fit my precious gown to me perfectly. She also gave me much needed guidance for wedding do's and don'ts that were so helpful! LOVE her!

Gwen · Married on 12/31/2017

Wendy went truly above and beyond. I purchased a dress online and it was a completely botched job. The company helped me find Wendy and she turned it into a fabulous, beautiful dress that fit perfectly in about 10 days. It was truly miraculous and I am incredibly thankful for her amazing work and attention to detail! She even hand-delivered the dress to my office! Thank you Wendy :)

Sumi and Rusdi · Married on 12/28/2017

I bought 2 couture wedding dresses that are both very expensive and cost thousands of dollars each dress. I wanted to see if I could save money on the alterations and find a budget friendly, good quality seamstress who could do the alterations for my wedding dress because all the wedding dress boutiques are super expensive and charge $400 or more just for hemming so I found Wendy on weddingwire.com and read all the reviews she received and noticed she won multiple wedding wire awards and her work seemed pretty impressive.

I was nervous and very worried to leave my expensive dress with just any seamstress but she really put me at ease when she showed me what she would do with my dress and how. She had to hem my dress which is no easy task because I have like 5 layers of material and very intricate lace, she had to pull in the bodice, pull in the hips and alot of other things that needed to be done and she did everything perfectly and she saved me hundreds of dollars! Her prices are unbeatable and her work is exceptional! I am going back to her with my second wedding dress for my second wedding. I highly recommend her! She is trust worthy, offers amazing prices, service is excellent, and quality of her work is top notch. Why spend hundreds of dollars at over priced wedding dress boutiques? Go to Wendy and save money and get your dress done perfectly! Thank you Wendy for making my wedding dress perfect! YOU ARE AMAZING!! :)

Gwen · Married on 12/23/2017

Kimberly · Married on 12/02/2017

Wendy is amazing!!!! Book her!!! her precision is unreal!!! she made my dress fit amazingly and it was still comfortable to dance all night in and sit for dinner! Her patience is just as good too because I wanted to try my dress on multiple times and she let me every time! Thank you Wendy, I was even more obsessed with my dress after she was done with it!

Kristin · Married on 11/11/2017

Wendy is amazing and her prices are unbeatable! I had a Blush by Hayley Paige dress (Pepper Gown) that had a ton of layers of finished tulle which required being altered from the waste. I also had the straps tightened, bra pads sewn in and my bustle done. As you can imagine, I was really nervous because the top is beaded but Wendy was precise with her measurements and had total confidence and of course my dress turned out PERFECT! Wendy works out of her home and is a complete professional and very organized. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Wendy – your wedding dress is in GREAT hands with her!

Photos by Sunglow Photography

Alterations by Wendy 31
    Alterations by Wendy 32

Jennie · Married on 10/13/2017

Wendy was excellent! I had many of layers in my dress that needed to be altered, a corset put in, and an 11 point bustle. Her work is very detailed and she is great!

Alterations by Wendy 33