Alterations by Toni Reviews

311 Reviews for Alterations by Toni

• Tori

Tori Reynolds · Getting married on 06/11/2021

best of the best

this woman knows what she is doing. she was right about every suggestion but always made me feel comfortable to ask questions and express ideas! in the end she did the best alterations for my dress and I felt like a dream!

Sent on 12/18/2019

Alterations by Toni's reply:

Thank you Tori! You were the best as well, open and receptive to my suggestions, and a real joy to work with!!
  • Nina

Nina Ginocchio · Getting married on 06/03/2021

Professional, Patient, and Precise!

Toni is wonderful! She met with me three times to discuss and alter my dress to ensure it fit beautifully for my wedding. I bought the dress off the rack, so Toni's team worked hard to ensure it could be tailored to fit my figure. The hem was raised, the shoulders shortened, and bra cups installed. She also had it professional cleaned, along with steaming my veil. The experience was easy, smooth and highly professional. I'd recommend them to any bride. Even after my wedding, she wanted to see pictures to make sure that the dress met my expectations.

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • Hayley

Hayley Burchett · Getting married on 12/05/2020

the patience of an angel

Toni is so patient and wonderful to work with! An example of her patience is that I had an alteration appointment on a Saturday, woke up on Sunday feeling very anxious about the alterations, she emailed me back on a Sunday (her day off), and let me come back in Monday morning without an appointment to re-try on my dress before she made the final alterations so that I wouldn't be so anxious. The day of my wedding, I felt so beautiful and confident in my dress! She made sure it fit my body and was still comfortable. Thanks Toni for everything!

Sent on 06/01/2019

Kara Youn · Married on 05/02/2020

Trustworthy and wonderful job

Toni is super trustworthy and did a beautiful job altering my gown! Love her.

Sent on 05/19/2019

Becky Gustin · Married on 03/11/2020

Fantastic!

My experience with Toni was wonderful! She is sweet, professional and does a fantastic job! My dress had a lot of lace on it and she had to shorten it quite a bit. The lace was flawless. I would recommend Toni to anyone who asked!

Sent on 11/26/2019
  • Casey

Casey M Clements · Married on 12/31/2019

Excellent service

Toni is absolutely wonderful! Not only are her skills incredible at a very reasonable cost, but she is so kind and attentive - especially with anxious brides! I would trust no one else with my wedding gown, and would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 01/20/2020

Jenna Sturgeon · Married on 12/14/2019

Toni made it happen!

Toni is a talented professional and I’m sure my alterations experience would have been great even in more normal circumstances, but ends up that - the morning of my first fitting, three months before my wedding - I found out I was pregnant! Toni was the best. All I wanted was to be able to still wear the dress I fell in love with. Toni not only ensured that, but did it so well that no one could even tell we’d altered the dress. I’ll always be grateful!

Sent on 03/09/2020
  • Kathryn

Kathryn Durham · Married on 11/23/2019

Dress Fitting Perfection

Toni and her team are fantastic! Hands down the most professional, kind and talented alterations I have ever had done! Toni altered my wedding dress to perfection even despite my ability to keep on weight. She worked with me to get the fit just the way it needed to be! My Dress for my wedding day was absolutely beautiful and the price was right for ALLLL of the work my dress needed done! Thank you Toni for being such an amazing and talented seamstress and for making all of your brides feel special! For simple adjustments are special occaisions take all of your alterations to Toni!!

Sent on 02/20/2020

Abby W · Married on 11/08/2019

Fantastic work!

Toni was great! She did an excellent job on my dress and was so accommodating to my wants and needs. She took time to go through every question I had. She does great work-I highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Crystal

Crystal L Wyatt · Married on 10/26/2019

Amazing Job

Toni is by far the person you want to do your wedding gown for your upcoming wedding. She did an amazing job on my wedding dress and I could not be happier. She will not disappoint. If you have heard the expression " you get what you pay for", this is definitely the case with Toni. Thank you again so much Toni for everything!

Sent on 04/10/2020

Kerri · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing quality of work

I can’t thank Toni enough for my wedding dress alterations! My dress was a floor sample, so it needed a lot of work in terms of resizing and replacing some missing beadwork. I loved meeting with Toni and going in for my fittings - they were the first time I actually felt like a bride! My dress fit so perfectly, and I couldn’t have been happier with the end result. Toni’s work and her attention to detail are stunning. She made the whole process so easy and efficient and made the dress of my dreams a reality!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Rebecca Lowe · Married on 10/04/2019

Wonderful!

I couldn't recommend Toni more! She was able to work me into her busy schedule and was wonderful to work with and always responded to my questions quickly! She gave great suggestions for the bustle, and the work was done perfectly! She was also great with her recommendations of how to travel and store my dress, as well as pressing prior to the wedding. Prices are very reasonable, especially for the quality of work! Thank you, Toni!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 09/28/2019

Easy and perfect!

Toni is so knowledgeable and professional. Everything was done just as asked and on time. Thank you!

Photography by Sherri Barber

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Sierra

Sierra · Married on 09/14/2019

My dress fits me like a glove!

Toni was so professional and wonderful to work with from the very beginning. She responded to my emails very quickly and made sure my dress fit me perfectly. I'm short and was worried that the shape of my dress would be compromised after it was shortened but it wasn't at all. I'm so happy with how my dress turned out and would highly recommend her to any one looking for high quality alterations.

Sent on 09/22/2019

Devan Yates · Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing experience!

Toni did an incredible job with helping alter my Hayley Paige gown. I was nervous because up until the week of wedding the straps to my dress were still not sitting right. Toni decided we should redo the straps entirely and wow did she do an incredible job. I’m not sure how she got this done for me so quickly, but the straps looked better than they had originally when I purchased the dress. Thank you so much for making my dress perfect, I would recommend your services to anyone!

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Horne · Married on 07/27/2019

Custom and Seamless

Working with Toni was a pleasure. She was helpful and efficient. I had my dress hemmed, brought in and sleeves added. Toni took care of everything and was a joy to work with. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 06/28/2019

Best wedding dress alterations in Cincinnati!

Toni is hands down THE BEST in the city. Toni did alterations to my vintage wedding dress that my mother and grandmother both wore, and beyond exceeded my expectations on how beautiful it turned out. She is sooooo talented, and you can 100% put your trust in her knowing that she will come through for you. I am so blessed Toni helped make me wedding day so special with such a special dress and I highly recommend her to anyone who wants to job done correctly and beautifully. She has a great, kind heart and won’t disappoint you. Thank you so much Toni for making my dreams of wearing my grandmas wedding dress possible!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Audrey Hamilton · Married on 06/22/2019

Vintage Wedding Dress Alterations

When I decided to wear my grandmother's wedding dress I was definitely a little nervous about getting someone to alter it. I am so glad I trusted Toni. She is really a master at what she does and took such great care with the dress. She altered it to fit me perfectly while still keeping the original character of the dress. She was able to make last minute adjustments like a zipper change with no problem. She was flexible and easy to work with and had lots of good ideas but still let me call all the shots. I wouldn't take a vintage dress anywhere else. If I need alterations again, even on a new dress, I would go back here for sure.

Sent on 07/18/2019

Jessica Filosa · Married on 06/22/2019

Perfect Alterations

Toni was great to work with! My wedding dress was way larger than I expected when it came in and Toni was able to make it fit like a glove! Everything about it was so perfect!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Annabel Lucas · Married on 06/15/2019

Perfect alterations

I purchased my dress at a sample sale and it was about 4 sizes too big. The dress turned out perfect. I live in Chicago but ended up having my alterations done in Cincinnati and am so happy I did. Toni was flexible with scheduling the alterations so being an out of towner was not an issue. The prices were super reasonable and significantly less than what I would have spent in Chicago. Toni was so nice to work with and did an amazing job. I was nervous about the dress as it was so big, but Toni worked her magic and everything was perfect! I really enjoyed working with Toni. We ended up sending my dress to be cleaned and preserved through Toni and I am excited to see how it turns out

Sent on 09/21/2019

Kathy Fox · Married on 06/07/2019

A wonderful experience!

Toni made beautiful alterations to my bridal dress! I was concerned about my dress as it was a sample ( the dress I had special ordered from a bridal shop arrived with problems, and the sample was the best option). Toni told me up front it would look like new when she was done, and she was right. Toni is patient, providing the number of fittings and alterations you desire. She has true insight into what changes are needed. In addition to great alterations Toni surprised me by making a belt for my dress between my first and second fitting, because she recognized it would give the dress a more finished look. As I look at my wedding pictures I cannot imagine the dress without the belt! Thank you Toni!

Sent on 06/21/2019

Alterations by Toni's reply:

Thank you so much Kathy for your very kind words. I'm so glad you loved your finished dress and the belt. I cannot wait to see your wedding photos!!

Amy Adam · Married on 05/17/2019

Seamless process by Toni

My wedding dress alterations went better than I could have ever imagined. I was nervous finding the right place because of all the horror stories I’ve heard.
    Toni is so delightful, sweet, and she really knows her stuff. She would place pins in the dress while I had it on so she knew where it needed to be sewn to. She always made sure I was happy with what it looked like and how it fit before she would sew that change. If something didn’t look right she would let me know and show me ways of how to fix it. After the 2nd fitting she told me to bring someone with me the next time to show them how to do the bustle. She let me mom video tape her doing it so she could bustle my train the night of the wedding.
    She made sure my dress was pressed when I picked it up the final time and even offered to press my veil. After trying it on the final time she looked at the hook and eye and said she wanted to change it out to something stronger. It didn’t break, but since I had a strapless dress and it was heavy she wanted to make sure there was no chance of it breaking that whole day. She even had me bring a bed sheet to wrap it around the dress when I left to keep it clean but so it wouldn’t get wrinkled. She thought of everything and there isn’t anything I would have changed about my dress. I was so happy with it all! Her prices are very reasonable which was nice being on a strict budget.

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Kirby

Kirby Richardson · Married on 05/10/2019

5 star experience!

Toni was such a pleasure to work with and was able to execute the customization's I wanted flawlessly! Highly recommend scheduling your appointment with Toni and her team. They were wonderful!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Alterations by Toni's reply:

Thank you so much Kirby! I am thrilled to hear from you, and so happy to know you loved your gown. I will wait patiently to see your real wedding photos. Enjoy a long and very happy marriage!
  • Nikki

Nikki Drago · Married on 05/10/2019

Toni is fantastic!

Toni was fantastic to work with! She made my dress fit me perfectly and was able to provide some great suggestions for my bustle (I was unsure which one to go with!). There are multiple appointments throughout the process so you can continuously try your dress on without worry!

I would HIGHLY recommend using Toni!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Alterations by Toni's reply:

Wow Nikki, so great to hear. I am very happy the process and results were to your liking! I wish you many years of married bliss.
  • Beverly

Beverly · Married on 03/17/2019

Great Experience!

Toni & the whole team at alterations by Toni were great! I actually had two wedding dresses altered in a very short amount of time & they were timely, competent, and friendly. I will definitely return when other alteration needs arise.

Sent on 04/17/2019