Alterations by Toni Reviews

Alterations by Toni 6
Alterations by Toni 7
  • Nina

Nina Ginocchio · Getting married on 06/03/2021

Professional, Patient, and Precise!

Toni is wonderful! She met with me three times to discuss and alter my dress to ensure it fit beautifully for my wedding. I bought the dress off the rack, so Toni's team worked hard to ensure it could be tailored to fit my figure. The hem was raised, the shoulders shortened, and bra cups installed. She also had it professional cleaned, along with steaming my veil. The experience was easy, smooth and highly professional. I'd recommend them to any bride. Even after my wedding, she wanted to see pictures to make sure that the dress met my expectations.

Sent on 05/14/2019
    Alterations by Toni 8
  • Hayley

Hayley Burchett · Getting married on 12/05/2020

the patience of an angel

Toni is so patient and wonderful to work with! An example of her patience is that I had an alteration appointment on a Saturday, woke up on Sunday feeling very anxious about the alterations, she emailed me back on a Sunday (her day off), and let me come back in Monday morning without an appointment to re-try on my dress before she made the final alterations so that I wouldn't be so anxious. The day of my wedding, I felt so beautiful and confident in my dress! She made sure it fit my body and was still comfortable. Thanks Toni for everything!

Sent on 06/01/2019
    Alterations by Toni 9

Kara Youn · Getting married on 05/02/2020

Trustworthy and wonderful job

Toni is super trustworthy and did a beautiful job altering my gown! Love her.

Sent on 05/19/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 06/28/2019

Best wedding dress alterations in Cincinnati!

Toni is hands down THE BEST in the city. Toni did alterations to my vintage wedding dress that my mother and grandmother both wore, and beyond exceeded my expectations on how beautiful it turned out. She is sooooo talented, and you can 100% put your trust in her knowing that she will come through for you. I am so blessed Toni helped make me wedding day so special with such a special dress and I highly recommend her to anyone who wants to job done correctly and beautifully. She has a great, kind heart and won’t disappoint you. Thank you so much Toni for making my dreams of wearing my grandmas wedding dress possible!

Sent on 07/14/2019
    Alterations by Toni 10
    Alterations by Toni 11
    Alterations by Toni 12
    Alterations by Toni 13

Audrey Hamilton · Married on 06/22/2019

Vintage Wedding Dress Alterations

When I decided to wear my grandmother's wedding dress I was definitely a little nervous about getting someone to alter it. I am so glad I trusted Toni. She is really a master at what she does and took such great care with the dress. She altered it to fit me perfectly while still keeping the original character of the dress. She was able to make last minute adjustments like a zipper change with no problem. She was flexible and easy to work with and had lots of good ideas but still let me call all the shots. I wouldn't take a vintage dress anywhere else. If I need alterations again, even on a new dress, I would go back here for sure.

Sent on 07/18/2019

Jessica Filosa · Married on 06/22/2019

Perfect Alterations

Toni was great to work with! My wedding dress was way larger than I expected when it came in and Toni was able to make it fit like a glove! Everything about it was so perfect!

Sent on 08/19/2019
    Alterations by Toni 14
    Alterations by Toni 15
    Alterations by Toni 16
    Alterations by Toni 17
    Alterations by Toni 18

Kathy Fox · Married on 06/07/2019

A wonderful experience!

Toni made beautiful alterations to my bridal dress! I was concerned about my dress as it was a sample ( the dress I had special ordered from a bridal shop arrived with problems, and the sample was the best option). Toni told me up front it would look like new when she was done, and she was right. Toni is patient, providing the number of fittings and alterations you desire. She has true insight into what changes are needed. In addition to great alterations Toni surprised me by making a belt for my dress between my first and second fitting, because she recognized it would give the dress a more finished look. As I look at my wedding pictures I cannot imagine the dress without the belt! Thank you Toni!

Sent on 06/21/2019

Alterations by Toni's reply:

Thank you so much Kathy for your very kind words. I'm so glad you loved your finished dress and the belt. I cannot wait to see your wedding photos!!

Amy Adam · Married on 05/17/2019

Seamless process by Toni

My wedding dress alterations went better than I could have ever imagined. I was nervous finding the right place because of all the horror stories I’ve heard.
    Toni is so delightful, sweet, and she really knows her stuff. She would place pins in the dress while I had it on so she knew where it needed to be sewn to. She always made sure I was happy with what it looked like and how it fit before she would sew that change. If something didn’t look right she would let me know and show me ways of how to fix it. After the 2nd fitting she told me to bring someone with me the next time to show them how to do the bustle. She let me mom video tape her doing it so she could bustle my train the night of the wedding.
    She made sure my dress was pressed when I picked it up the final time and even offered to press my veil. After trying it on the final time she looked at the hook and eye and said she wanted to change it out to something stronger. It didn’t break, but since I had a strapless dress and it was heavy she wanted to make sure there was no chance of it breaking that whole day. She even had me bring a bed sheet to wrap it around the dress when I left to keep it clean but so it wouldn’t get wrinkled. She thought of everything and there isn’t anything I would have changed about my dress. I was so happy with it all! Her prices are very reasonable which was nice being on a strict budget.

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Beverly

Beverly · Married on 03/17/2019

Great Experience!

Toni & the whole team at alterations by Toni were great! I actually had two wedding dresses altered in a very short amount of time & they were timely, competent, and friendly. I will definitely return when other alteration needs arise.

Sent on 04/17/2019

Jessica Zaerr · Married on 03/02/2019

Great work, customer service and knowledgeable.

From the minute we walked in to Toni's I felt my dress was going to be altered just perfectly. They are friendly and do awesome work. I would recommend them to any one needing any alterations.

Sent on 04/07/2019
    Alterations by Toni 19

Lillian · Married on 01/18/2019

Wedding dress altered

Toni was very professional and friendly along with the ladies at the front! Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/28/2019
    Alterations by Toni 20
    Alterations by Toni 21
    Alterations by Toni 22
  • Kristen

Kristen Stevens · Married on 12/29/2018

Wonderful!!

Toni was excellent! Patient and very talented.

Sent on 02/06/2019

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2018

Dream Wedding Dream Dress

I found Toni by searching for the highest rated bridal gown alteration seamstress in Cincinnati and she definitely lived up to that reputation! Given my short 5'2' stature, my dress needed shortened quite a bit as well as taken in too in a few places. Toni was able to create a perfect fit for me in every way and also added a beautiful bustle that was easy to manage. My dress looked absolutely gorgeous for my destination Halloween New Orleans wedding and I received literally hundreds of compliments on my dress all night as my husband and I had a traditional second line brass band parade through the French Quarter! She was very polite, professional, easy to work with, and made me feel very comfortable and confident in her work. Thank you Toni so so much for helping to make my wedding day dreams come true!

Sent on 11/04/2018
    Alterations by Toni 23
    Alterations by Toni 24
    Alterations by Toni 25
    Alterations by Toni 26

Nicole · Married on 06/23/2018

Toni did an absolutely amazing job with my dress. It could not have been more perfect. I am not a big fan of what dresses look like bustled and she made my dress just look like a ball gown after being bustled. You could not even tell it was folded on itself. It was perfect.

Sent on 07/18/2018

Amy · Married on 05/27/2018

I had a very intricate wedding dress with lots of beading and lots of layers on the skirt/train. The bridal store I got it from gave me only three options that they would trust to get this kind of dress altered, and alterations by Toni was on the pricier side of the three options, but I was impressed with how professional they were over the phone and the detailed explanation Toni gave breaking down the cost ahead of time, after I emailed her photos of the dress, and the responsiveness and how quickly I was able to get in. I had a great experience. Because of all the layers in the skirt and train, it was hard to get the length just right to avoid me tripping over it as I walked around in it, and Toni was more than willing to continue to alter it to make the fit just right, at no extra cost. She was very professional and responsive and upfront about cost, but flexible and was able to get the dress completed within plenty of time for my wedding, and the dress fit beautifully!

Sent on 07/06/2018
    Alterations by Toni 27

Anna · Married on 05/26/2018

I'm so glad I chose to have my dress altered by Alterations by Toni. The staff at the shop are very friendly, and Toni was so pleasant and easy to work with. She did an amazing job altering my gown - especially considering she had to lift the lace to do the hemming. It turned out beautifully and fit me like a glove. She also added a very easy bustle that showed off the lace of my gown!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Ashley · Married on 05/26/2018

Toni is amazing! My dress needed taken in a few sizes and being 5’1 a lot had to come off the bottom. Once Toni was done with my dress it was like it was made for me! She made me feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day in a dress that fit me like a glove! She is so friendly and talented. She was amazing to work with!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Monica · Married on 05/12/2018

Toni was wonderful and my dress was perfect! Definitely recommend her for any brides looking for a professional and high quality seamstress!

Sent on 06/09/2018

Erica · Married on 05/12/2018

Toni did a great job on my wedding dress and was very easy to work with!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Katy · Married on 05/05/2018

First off, Toni works wonders on gowns! My dress was covered in intricate beading at the top and I had a hard time filling it out at the top as well. She made it look seamless and my gown fit me perfectly! She altered it to perfection and in such a timely manner! Toni made me feel so comfortable and helped me feel like a thousand bucks in the finished product. She also added my grandma’s gown and my mother’s hat to the inside of the gown for that special touch. Toni even helped me with making it so easy to preserve my gown. I would recommend anyone to Toni for their alteration needs!!!!!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Kelly · Married on 04/07/2018

Toni is fantastic. My family has been going to her for YEARS - both my sisters had their wedding dresses altered by her, I've gone to her for bridesmaid dresses, and this time it was my turn to go for my own wedding dress! Toni knows what she's doing, and you can count on her for quality work. She's quick and quite accommodating which was especially appreciated since I live out of town and therefore had specific days when I would be in town to come in for fittings, but she was always helpful with fitting my into her schedule! Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/22/2018

Janelle · Married on 03/24/2018

Toni did an amazing job with my alterations! Looking forward to sharing pictures with her!

Sent on 04/15/2018
    Alterations by Toni 28

Amber · Married on 03/18/2018

Toni was so helpful and accommodating. I was in a time crunch for my wedding dress alterations and I was late for my first fitting but she was still willing to work with me as much as possible. She was friendly and never made me feel like a burden even when I was late that first visit. Toni’s work was fast!

Sent on 04/23/2018
  • F

Farran · Married on 03/17/2018

Toni did a fantastic job on my wedding dress, it turned out absolutely beautiful! I would recommend to anyone!!

Sent on 04/17/2018