Alterations by Toni Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Julie
    Julie C. Married on 07/14/2021

The one to trust with your wedding dress!

I am so grateful that Alterations by Toni was recommended for my wedding dress alterations. I trusted their recommendations, they were timely with my wedding date and they were great to work with every step of the way. I even had them alter other dresses I wanted to wear on our wedding vacation week. Thank you, the dress couldn’t have fit any better!

Alterations by Toni's reply:

Thank you, Julie, for this review and for the beautiful photos of your wedding day and the boat - so fun! All the best to you and your new husband, and come by again soon for any future alterations.
    Erin F. Married on 06/11/2021

Miracle Workers!

The Alterations by Toni team work magic! I brought it my very fitted wedding dress and they were able to make it fit perfectly! The bustle of a piece of art that was easy to implement and stayed the whole night. After rescheduling my wedding due to COVID, the team was able to make the adjustments again in time for my wedding. I was very happy with the work they did on my wedding dress!

Alterations by Toni's reply:

Thank you so much Erin, for this sweet review. You were a pleasure to work with, and we are so glad you were thrilled with the fit of your wedding gown, and that the bustle worked well for you. We wish you all the best for a happy and healthy marriage! Great to see your photos too.
  • Tori
    Tori R. Married on 06/11/2021

best of the best

this woman knows what she is doing. she was right about every suggestion but always made me feel comfortable to ask questions and express ideas! in the end she did the best alterations for my dress and I felt like a dream!

Alterations by Toni's reply:

Thank you Tori! You were the best as well, open and receptive to my suggestions, and a real joy to work with!!
  • Nina
    Nina G. Married on 06/03/2021

Professional, Patient, and Precise!

Toni is wonderful! She met with me three times to discuss and alter my dress to ensure it fit beautifully for my wedding. I bought the dress off the rack, so Toni's team worked hard to ensure it could be tailored to fit my figure. The hem was raised, the shoulders shortened, and bra cups installed. She also had it professional cleaned, along with steaming my veil. The experience was easy, smooth and highly professional. I'd recommend them to any bride. Even after my wedding, she wanted to see pictures to make sure that the dress met my expectations.
  • Kody
    Kody B. Married on 05/01/2021

Excellent!!! Love it!!

Do not be afraid Toni may have retired but there are a lot of other very nice and professional and amazing women that still work there and do a great job, and have been doing a great job for many years now. I came here at the recommendation of Sandra at bridal and formal. I am impressed. My dress weighed 11 pounds of satin and the nice lady there was able to make it perfect for my wedding. She took in the shoulders a little, hemmed it, re-sewed on most of the appliqués so it looked perfect, and made a 16 loop bustle. The bustle was easy to figure out for my bridesmaids and didn’t take long. It held in place all night and I definitely didn’t hesitate with my dancing. I twirled the entire time and also we did a lift at the end of the first dance. We took photos on top of a parking garage in what felt like 30 mph winds and my dress had no issues. I would highly recommend going to alterations by toni. The price was well worth it for how my dress turned out. The women there were so nice and interested in me and in my wedding. Highly recommend the “press pick up” The woman also was very nice inside the store and let my friend come along to one of the appointments with her two babies. She even gave them each a candy cane. I am impressed by the work they did on my dress. She did a ball gown bustle *"
  • Hayley
    Hayley B. Married on 12/05/2020

the patience of an angel

Toni is so patient and wonderful to work with! An example of her patience is that I had an alteration appointment on a Saturday, woke up on Sunday feeling very anxious about the alterations, she emailed me back on a Sunday (her day off), and let me come back in Monday morning without an appointment to re-try on my dress before she made the final alterations so that I wouldn't be so anxious. The day of my wedding, I felt so beautiful and confident in my dress! She made sure it fit my body and was still comfortable. Thanks Toni for everything!
    Kara Y. Married on 05/02/2020

Trustworthy and wonderful job

Toni is super trustworthy and did a beautiful job altering my gown! Love her.
    Becky G. Married on 03/11/2020

Fantastic!

My experience with Toni was wonderful! She is sweet, professional and does a fantastic job! My dress had a lot of lace on it and she had to shorten it quite a bit. The lace was flawless. I would recommend Toni to anyone who asked!
  • Casey
    Casey C. Married on 12/31/2019

Excellent service

Toni is absolutely wonderful! Not only are her skills incredible at a very reasonable cost, but she is so kind and attentive - especially with anxious brides! I would trust no one else with my wedding gown, and would recommend her to anyone.
    Jenna S. Married on 12/14/2019

Toni made it happen!

Toni is a talented professional and I’m sure my alterations experience would have been great even in more normal circumstances, but ends up that - the morning of my first fitting, three months before my wedding - I found out I was pregnant! Toni was the best. All I wanted was to be able to still wear the dress I fell in love with. Toni not only ensured that, but did it so well that no one could even tell we’d altered the dress. I’ll always be grateful!
  • Kathryn
    Kathryn D. Married on 11/23/2019

Dress Fitting Perfection

Toni and her team are fantastic! Hands down the most professional, kind and talented alterations I have ever had done! Toni altered my wedding dress to perfection even despite my ability to keep on weight. She worked with me to get the fit just the way it needed to be! My Dress for my wedding day was absolutely beautiful and the price was right for ALLLL of the work my dress needed done! Thank you Toni for being such an amazing and talented seamstress and for making all of your brides feel special! For simple adjustments are special occaisions take all of your alterations to Toni!!
    Abby Married on 11/08/2019

Fantastic work!

Toni was great! She did an excellent job on my dress and was so accommodating to my wants and needs. She took time to go through every question I had. She does great work-I highly recommend her!
  • Crystal
    Crystal W. Married on 10/26/2019

Amazing Job

Toni is by far the person you want to do your wedding gown for your upcoming wedding. She did an amazing job on my wedding dress and I could not be happier. She will not disappoint. If you have heard the expression " you get what you pay for", this is definitely the case with Toni. Thank you again so much Toni for everything!
    Kerri Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing quality of work

I can’t thank Toni enough for my wedding dress alterations! My dress was a floor sample, so it needed a lot of work in terms of resizing and replacing some missing beadwork. I loved meeting with Toni and going in for my fittings - they were the first time I actually felt like a bride! My dress fit so perfectly, and I couldn’t have been happier with the end result. Toni’s work and her attention to detail are stunning. She made the whole process so easy and efficient and made the dress of my dreams a reality!
    Rebecca L. Married on 10/04/2019

Wonderful!

I couldn't recommend Toni more! She was able to work me into her busy schedule and was wonderful to work with and always responded to my questions quickly! She gave great suggestions for the bustle, and the work was done perfectly! She was also great with her recommendations of how to travel and store my dress, as well as pressing prior to the wedding. Prices are very reasonable, especially for the quality of work! Thank you, Toni!
  • Erin
    Erin Married on 09/28/2019

Easy and perfect!

Toni is so knowledgeable and professional. Everything was done just as asked and on time. Thank you!

Photography by Sherri Barber
  • Sierra
    Sierra Married on 09/14/2019

My dress fits me like a glove!

Toni was so professional and wonderful to work with from the very beginning. She responded to my emails very quickly and made sure my dress fit me perfectly. I'm short and was worried that the shape of my dress would be compromised after it was shortened but it wasn't at all. I'm so happy with how my dress turned out and would highly recommend her to any one looking for high quality alterations.
    Devan Y. Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing experience!

Toni did an incredible job with helping alter my Hayley Paige gown. I was nervous because up until the week of wedding the straps to my dress were still not sitting right. Toni decided we should redo the straps entirely and wow did she do an incredible job. I’m not sure how she got this done for me so quickly, but the straps looked better than they had originally when I purchased the dress. Thank you so much for making my dress perfect, I would recommend your services to anyone!
  • Jessica
    Jessica H. Married on 07/27/2019

Custom and Seamless

Working with Toni was a pleasure. She was helpful and efficient. I had my dress hemmed, brought in and sleeves added. Toni took care of everything and was a joy to work with. I highly recommend her.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 06/28/2019

Best wedding dress alterations in Cincinnati!

Toni is hands down THE BEST in the city. Toni did alterations to my vintage wedding dress that my mother and grandmother both wore, and beyond exceeded my expectations on how beautiful it turned out. She is sooooo talented, and you can 100% put your trust in her knowing that she will come through for you. I am so blessed Toni helped make me wedding day so special with such a special dress and I highly recommend her to anyone who wants to job done correctly and beautifully. She has a great, kind heart and won’t disappoint you. Thank you so much Toni for making my dreams of wearing my grandmas wedding dress possible!
    Audrey H. Married on 06/22/2019

Vintage Wedding Dress Alterations

When I decided to wear my grandmother's wedding dress I was definitely a little nervous about getting someone to alter it. I am so glad I trusted Toni. She is really a master at what she does and took such great care with the dress. She altered it to fit me perfectly while still keeping the original character of the dress. She was able to make last minute adjustments like a zipper change with no problem. She was flexible and easy to work with and had lots of good ideas but still let me call all the shots. I wouldn't take a vintage dress anywhere else. If I need alterations again, even on a new dress, I would go back here for sure.
    Jessica F. Married on 06/22/2019

Perfect Alterations

Toni was great to work with! My wedding dress was way larger than I expected when it came in and Toni was able to make it fit like a glove! Everything about it was so perfect!
    Annabel L. Married on 06/15/2019

Perfect alterations

I purchased my dress at a sample sale and it was about 4 sizes too big. The dress turned out perfect. I live in Chicago but ended up having my alterations done in Cincinnati and am so happy I did. Toni was flexible with scheduling the alterations so being an out of towner was not an issue. The prices were super reasonable and significantly less than what I would have spent in Chicago. Toni was so nice to work with and did an amazing job. I was nervous about the dress as it was so big, but Toni worked her magic and everything was perfect! I really enjoyed working with Toni. We ended up sending my dress to be cleaned and preserved through Toni and I am excited to see how it turns out
    Kathy F. Married on 06/07/2019

A wonderful experience!

Toni made beautiful alterations to my bridal dress! I was concerned about my dress as it was a sample ( the dress I had special ordered from a bridal shop arrived with problems, and the sample was the best option). Toni told me up front it would look like new when she was done, and she was right. Toni is patient, providing the number of fittings and alterations you desire. She has true insight into what changes are needed. In addition to great alterations Toni surprised me by making a belt for my dress between my first and second fitting, because she recognized it would give the dress a more finished look. As I look at my wedding pictures I cannot imagine the dress without the belt! Thank you Toni!

Alterations by Toni's reply:

Thank you so much Kathy for your very kind words. I'm so glad you loved your finished dress and the belt. I cannot wait to see your wedding photos!!
    Amy A. Married on 05/17/2019

Seamless process by Toni

My wedding dress alterations went better than I could have ever imagined. I was nervous finding the right place because of all the horror stories I’ve heard.
    Toni is so delightful, sweet, and she really knows her stuff. She would place pins in the dress while I had it on so she knew where it needed to be sewn to. She always made sure I was happy with what it looked like and how it fit before she would sew that change. If something didn’t look right she would let me know and show me ways of how to fix it. After the 2nd fitting she told me to bring someone with me the next time to show them how to do the bustle. She let me mom video tape her doing it so she could bustle my train the night of the wedding.
    She made sure my dress was pressed when I picked it up the final time and even offered to press my veil. After trying it on the final time she looked at the hook and eye and said she wanted to change it out to something stronger. It didn’t break, but since I had a strapless dress and it was heavy she wanted to make sure there was no chance of it breaking that whole day. She even had me bring a bed sheet to wrap it around the dress when I left to keep it clean but so it wouldn’t get wrinkled. She thought of everything and there isn’t anything I would have changed about my dress. I was so happy with it all! Her prices are very reasonable which was nice being on a strict budget.