13 Reviews for Alpha Pitt Smokers

Hors d'oeuvres (2)
Vegetarian (2)
Server(s) (1)
13 Alpha Pitt Smokers Reviews

I cannot say enough great things about Alpha Pitt Smokers. We booked them for catering as well as a day of coordinator with Amanda. Jason was amazing with answering any questions I had and working with my budget. The initial tasting was phenomenal and Jason prepared everything we wanted for the wedding. The food was absolutely amazing and we had so many compliments the day of. As for the coordinaton, I do not think my wedding would have been the same without Amanda! She allowed herself to be available for any questions we had along the way. She even came out of her way to help with the rehearsal (which she did not have to do!). The day of, she helped make sure everything ran smoothly. She reassured me that everything was okay even when I was upset or nervous. At the end of everything, I felt like Amanda was more of a friend! My friends, family and wedding party all loved Amanda and we are so happy to have had her by our side through this experience. I would recommend APS to anyone for not only food, but a day of coordinator.

Profile Picture Alwxandr, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

APS was just what we were looking for in a wedding caterer. Jason was so responsive to our messages, made great recommendations, and planned a tasting for us at the last minute so we could decide on our menu. The food was spectacular - all prepared on-site, displayed beautifully, and was just delicious. Many of our guests commented that this was the best wedding food they have had. We also worked with Amanda, APS' day-of wedding coordinator. She put my mind at ease instantly - she knows her stuff and is a quiet, confident presence during the day. She took her time to get to know our priorities, and supported those rather than trying to convince us to do/spend more. I cannot recommend these folks highly enough.

Profile Picture Laura, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Vegetarian, Bartender(s), American, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Tastings

Alpha Pitt Smokers was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! Jason and his team were so accommodating and even added another side item for me 3 weeks before the wedding. We had brisket and pulled pork BBQ with all the fixings and all of our guests told us how much they enjoyed the food! Multiple people asked who catered the reception and some people even told us that it was the best wedding food they have had. We highly recommend Jason and his team! We also hired Amanda, Alpha's Wedding Planner, as our day-of-coordinator and I am so happy we did! My biggest worry was something not going right or not having enough time for set-up and Amanda and her assistant made sure I had nothing to worry about! They set up everything just as I imagined and the ceremony/reception went flawlessly. They took care of everything from setup to cleanup and I am so glad we had her! It was so convenient to have the planner and caterer from the same company as they were able to coordinate everything to run smoothly! We would hire the entire Alpha Pitt Smokers Team again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Megan, 5/13/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bartender(s), American, Buffet, Cocktail Reception

If you are thinking about using Alpha Pitt Smokers to cater your even, do it. They food was delicious and all of our guests raved about it. Jason and his crew were amazing to work with and went above and beyond to ensure our wedding was perfect. I would highly recommend working with them.

Profile Picture Audrey, 4/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We hired Alpha Pitt Smokers to cater our outdoor wedding, and we were nothing but impressed with the delicious food and the amazing service from Jason and his staff. I highly recommend Alpha Pitt Smokers for any event! If you are looking for great food and a great time, this is the company for you!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Buffet, American

We booked Jason to cater our wedding reception and also worked with Amanda as our day-of coordinator. Overall, it was really a great experience. Jason was great - he camped out at our venue the night before (in a rain storm) to cook everything on site. And the food was fantastic, I got comments all night about how good everything was - especially the mac and cheese! I am also very thankful that we decided to work with Amanda, it made everything run so much more smoothly. I didn't have to worry about coordinating vendor arrivals or making sure we stuck to our schedule, and that made the entire day so much less stressful. Plus she had great advice about the logistics of everything, which was one of the most difficult parts of planning for me. I feel like we got a great value for the money between the food, staff, and coordination. Alpha Pitt Smokers was a great choice and I can't imagine our wedding without them!

Profile Picture Katrina , 6/25/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s)

Alpha Pitt smokers was a great hit at our wedding! Jason was very responsive from the beginning. Even helped me think of things that I hadn't thought of for my wedding and helped out. I didn't have to think about anything food related once the whole day. Jason and his crew had everything all taken care of before I could even think about. I wish I had eaten more! Everyone raved about the food and would recommend alpha Pitt smokers for any event

Profile Picture User5181814, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Amazing! Awesome! So helpful and great to work with. Everything we needed was given to us and much more. Thank you so much! Highly recommended

Profile Picture User5587669, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Jason was awesome! Right from the start, he was very responsive over email (and not just with some automated message, but an actual good response!). We really liked him from talking and then we tried his food and we LOVED it. He traveled out of his way and brought my family and I samples to try. Good generous portions of everything and he was willing to incorporate any family requests. He would even allow us to bring our own appetizers if we wanted- we opted for his appetizers for simplicity but it was really sweet that he'd let the famous family dish be at the table if a bride wanted. We needed a bartender and he provided all of that. He was very clear with the services he was providing and nothing was forgotten for the big day! Everyone at our wedding loved the food. We had a modern casual wedding with donuts instead of cake and his food was perfect, simple, and delicious which worked great for us. Even my picky aunt went back for seconds then asked for leftovers. Awesome fresh food that definitely contributed to us having a great day. He's also worked in the wedding industry in a few different roles so he knows how to time things and was helpful while we were planning. It's a very cool service with grilled and smoked food. I'd especially recommend Jason for modern or casual weddings he can do some really neat events!! We'd recommend him in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture User5624344, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Bartender(s), American

Jason was awesome! To start with, he worked with us to give me exactly what I wanted for my wedding that fit my budget, including a caramel apple bar. He came all the way from Williamsburg, VA to Currituck, NC to cook for us so we could sample his food before making a decision. He cooked two different meals and we loved them both, but decided to go with the pork dish. Jason is a great communicator and promptly answered any questions I had throughout the wedding planning process. He was able to accommodate the guest count change I had, days before the wedding (it increased from 80 guests to 90) and even reminded me of some small details I had forgotten in all the chaos of planning a wedding. Jason and his assistants showed up at a reasonable hour the day of the wedding and I did not have to instruct them in any way. I confidently left to get ready for the wedding knowing they would have everything perfect for the reception. The guests raved about how delicious the food was, and the caramel apple bar was a hit! His assistants were so incredible in that they helped everyone make their caramel apples, cleared away dirty dishes, and assisted in serving cake to the guests. They went above and beyond what I was expecting out of this catering service. I cannot recommend Alpha Pitt Smokers enough. Jason and his crew are prepared - rain or shine - for whatever your special day has to offer; this was especially important since my day was full of rain. Please contact Jason as soon as possible and I can assure you, you won't regret it. He is warm, funny, and goes out of his way to make sure your day is perfect.

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/7/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Tastings

Alpha Pitt Smokers recently catered our Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding Reception and the food was awesome! Not only did Jason do a fantastic job but he was very accommodating and helpful. The best part about Alpha Pitt is that they cook everything fresh on-site and our guests provided compliments all around. I would highly recommend them for any occasion.

Profile Picture Victoria, 10/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Alpha Pitt Smokers catered my daughter's wedding on 4-16-16. We found him quite by accident, but we are so glad we did! Jason & crew did a fantastic job, & the food was awesome. He has many food choices, & you won't be disappointed! Our menu--pork loin, barbeque chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, Mediterranean pasta salad, garden salad & rolls--now your mouth is watering, isn't it? Whatever food you choose, make sure you order the garlic mashed potatoes; they are awesome! Jason was patient with questions & changes to menu choices. He was great with follow up, but he didn't "hound" you. He stayed with us when other caterers stopped responding. He is prompt, & you can tell he loves what he does! Highly recommend he & his crew! He won't disappoint! Great food, great guy=success at any event!!!

Profile Picture Gina, 4/16/16, 4 Reviews