Alpha Pitt Smokers Reviews

18 Reviews for Alpha Pitt Smokers

1 User photo

Alpha Pitt Smokers 1

steve · Married on 03/24/2018

We stumble upon Alpha Pitt while searching for a local caterer to help with a wedding reception. From the very beginning Jason was extremely friendly and courteous and listened to our desires. He very quickly put together a menu and made a few suggestions based on our thoughts. He checked in on us several times while we were in the research stage but never in a "pushy" way, just being attentive. His professionalism won us over and we contracted his services. Jason and his staff stayed in contact with us throughout the time before our event and worked with us as we made a few last minute changes. To our delight, Jason and his team performed flawlessly on the day of our event. They quietly arrived on site and went right to work. The food was amazing and the staff was so much more than you could ever expect. They interacted with the crowd with pleasant and personable conversation while providing great care of every need for our guests. We never had to ask for a thing! then, just as they arrived, they cleaned up everything and made one more round with our guests to make sure we didn't need anything before they departed. All the leftovers were neatly packaged for transport and the kitchen was cleaner than when they arrived. We couldn't be more pleased with the 5 star treatment we received from Jason and the gang at Alpha Pitt and we highly recommend them for any event you are planning. Their reasonable pricing, stellar service and real customer care and appreciation set them apart and you wont be sorry if you choose Alpha Pitt!

Thomas · Married on 08/05/2017

The whole experience for the wedding was phenomenal. The mac n cheese was amazing. The service both before and during was awesome. They were really willing to accommodate anything we asked and made everything really easy for us. You can't go wrong with them.

Alwxandr · Married on 07/22/2017

I cannot say enough great things about Alpha Pitt Smokers. We booked them for catering as well as a day of coordinator with Amanda. Jason was amazing with answering any questions I had and working with my budget. The initial tasting was phenomenal and Jason prepared everything we wanted for the wedding. The food was absolutely amazing and we had so many compliments the day of. As for the coordinaton, I do not think my wedding would have been the same without Amanda! She allowed herself to be available for any questions we had along the way. She even came out of her way to help with the rehearsal (which she did not have to do!). The day of, she helped make sure everything ran smoothly. She reassured me that everything was okay even when I was upset or nervous. At the end of everything, I felt like Amanda was more of a friend! My friends, family and wedding party all loved Amanda and we are so happy to have had her by our side through this experience. I would recommend APS to anyone for not only food, but a day of coordinator.

Laura · Married on 06/10/2017

APS was just what we were looking for in a wedding caterer. Jason was so responsive to our messages, made great recommendations, and planned a tasting for us at the last minute so we could decide on our menu. The food was spectacular - all prepared on-site, displayed beautifully, and was just delicious. Many of our guests commented that this was the best wedding food they have had. We also worked with Amanda, APS' day-of wedding coordinator. She put my mind at ease instantly - she knows her stuff and is a quiet, confident presence during the day. She took her time to get to know our priorities, and supported those rather than trying to convince us to do/spend more. I cannot recommend these folks highly enough.

Megan · Married on 05/13/2017

Alpha Pitt Smokers was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! Jason and his team were so accommodating and even added another side item for me 3 weeks before the wedding. We had brisket and pulled pork BBQ with all the fixings and all of our guests told us how much they enjoyed the food! Multiple people asked who catered the reception and some people even told us that it was the best wedding food they have had. We highly recommend Jason and his team! We also hired Amanda, Alpha's Wedding Planner, as our day-of-coordinator and I am so happy we did! My biggest worry was something not going right or not having enough time for set-up and Amanda and her assistant made sure I had nothing to worry about! They set up everything just as I imagined and the ceremony/reception went flawlessly. They took care of everything from setup to cleanup and I am so glad we had her! It was so convenient to have the planner and caterer from the same company as they were able to coordinate everything to run smoothly! We would hire the entire Alpha Pitt Smokers Team again in a heartbeat!

Audrey · Married on 04/01/2017

If you are thinking about using Alpha Pitt Smokers to cater your even, do it. They food was delicious and all of our guests raved about it. Jason and his crew were amazing to work with and went above and beyond to ensure our wedding was perfect. I would highly recommend working with them.

Amanda · Married on 07/16/2016

We hired Alpha Pitt Smokers to cater our outdoor wedding, and we were nothing but impressed with the delicious food and the amazing service from Jason and his staff. I highly recommend Alpha Pitt Smokers for any event! If you are looking for great food and a great time, this is the company for you!

Katrina · Married on 06/25/2016

We booked Jason to cater our wedding reception and also worked with Amanda as our day-of coordinator. Overall, it was really a great experience. Jason was great - he camped out at our venue the night before (in a rain storm) to cook everything on site. And the food was fantastic, I got comments all night about how good everything was - especially the mac and cheese! I am also very thankful that we decided to work with Amanda, it made everything run so much more smoothly. I didn't have to worry about coordinating vendor arrivals or making sure we stuck to our schedule, and that made the entire day so much less stressful. Plus she had great advice about the logistics of everything, which was one of the most difficult parts of planning for me. I feel like we got a great value for the money between the food, staff, and coordination. Alpha Pitt Smokers was a great choice and I can't imagine our wedding without them!

Alpha Pitt smokers was a great hit at our wedding! Jason was very responsive from the beginning. Even helped me think of things that I hadn't thought of for my wedding and helped out. I didn't have to think about anything food related once the whole day. Jason and his crew had everything all taken care of before I could even think about. I wish I had eaten more! Everyone raved about the food and would recommend alpha Pitt smokers for any event

Amazing! Awesome! So helpful and great to work with. Everything we needed was given to us and much more. Thank you so much! Highly recommended

Jason was awesome! Right from the start, he was very responsive over email (and not just with some automated message, but an actual good response!). We really liked him from talking and then we tried his food and we LOVED it. He traveled out of his way and brought my family and I samples to try. Good generous portions of everything and he was willing to incorporate any family requests. He would even allow us to bring our own appetizers if we wanted- we opted for his appetizers for simplicity but it was really sweet that he'd let the famous family dish be at the table if a bride wanted. We needed a bartender and he provided all of that. He was very clear with the services he was providing and nothing was forgotten for the big day! Everyone at our wedding loved the food. We had a modern casual wedding with donuts instead of cake and his food was perfect, simple, and delicious which worked great for us. Even my picky aunt went back for seconds then asked for leftovers. Awesome fresh food that definitely contributed to us having a great day. He's also worked in the wedding industry in a few different roles so he knows how to time things and was helpful while we were planning. It's a very cool service with grilled and smoked food. I'd especially recommend Jason for modern or casual weddings he can do some really neat events!! We'd recommend him in a heartbeat!

Jessica · Married on 11/07/2015

Jason was awesome! To start with, he worked with us to give me exactly what I wanted for my wedding that fit my budget, including a caramel apple bar. He came all the way from Williamsburg, VA to Currituck, NC to cook for us so we could sample his food before making a decision. He cooked two different meals and we loved them both, but decided to go with the pork dish. Jason is a great communicator and promptly answered any questions I had throughout the wedding planning process. He was able to accommodate the guest count change I had, days before the wedding (it increased from 80 guests to 90) and even reminded me of some small details I had forgotten in all the chaos of planning a wedding. Jason and his assistants showed up at a reasonable hour the day of the wedding and I did not have to instruct them in any way. I confidently left to get ready for the wedding knowing they would have everything perfect for the reception. The guests raved about how delicious the food was, and the caramel apple bar was a hit! His assistants were so incredible in that they helped everyone make their caramel apples, cleared away dirty dishes, and assisted in serving cake to the guests. They went above and beyond what I was expecting out of this catering service. I cannot recommend Alpha Pitt Smokers enough. Jason and his crew are prepared - rain or shine - for whatever your special day has to offer; this was especially important since my day was full of rain. Please contact Jason as soon as possible and I can assure you, you won't regret it. He is warm, funny, and goes out of his way to make sure your day is perfect.

Victoria · Married on 10/10/2015

Alpha Pitt Smokers recently catered our Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding Reception and the food was awesome! Not only did Jason do a fantastic job but he was very accommodating and helpful. The best part about Alpha Pitt is that they cook everything fresh on-site and our guests provided compliments all around. I would highly recommend them for any occasion.

Emily · Married on 04/28/2018

We absolutely loved having Alpha Pit Smokers cater our wedding. It was a formal-meets-casual event in the woods, so BBQ was the perfect choice. They provided great options and were very responsive while planning the event. The team went above and beyond during the reception, ensuring everything went off without a hitch. We had so many guests exclaim how good the food (especially the BBQ chicken) was and we agree!

Meg · Married on 04/21/2018

Jason & his crew did a great job with food,even being flexible to dietary restrictions. Amanda (our planner) was fantastic. Honestly, except for being a bride, there was nothing I worried about.

Alpha Pitt Smokers 2

Gina · Married on 04/16/2016

Alpha Pitt Smokers catered my daughter's wedding on 4-16-16. We found him quite by accident, but we are so glad we did! Jason & crew did a fantastic job, & the food was awesome. He has many food choices, & you won't be disappointed! Our menu--pork loin, barbeque chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, Mediterranean pasta salad, garden salad & rolls--now your mouth is watering, isn't it? Whatever food you choose, make sure you order the garlic mashed potatoes; they are awesome! Jason was patient with questions & changes to menu choices. He was great with follow up, but he didn't "hound" you. He stayed with us when other caterers stopped responding. He is prompt, & you can tell he loves what he does! Highly recommend he & his crew! He won't disappoint! Great food, great guy=success at any event!!!

Barbara · Married on 03/25/2018

Our guests are still raving about the food. A family member kind of scoffed at the idea of me having a smoker for our catering saying "she's having tail gating food at her wedding". She had to eat her words (no pun intended). The bacon wrapped chicken pesto was to die for and my step-son went back 3 times for the root-beer baked beans. Jason and his team are fantastic. Only reason they are not a 5/5 is due to the Wedding Coordinator Feedback that Jason was hard to get out to the venue for their meeting...and the left over food didn't make it back to my house and into my belly...I want all the chicken :)