Almond Leaf Studios Reviews

37 | Asheville, NC

37 Reviews for Almond Leaf Studios

• Kendall

Kendall Veenema · Married on 05/19/2018

We are so thankful we found Almond Leaf Studios!

The best piece of advice we can give to other wedding couples is don’t waste your time looking for another photographer – book Elizabeth! She is so incredibly talented and to find someone who shoots both film and digital is a rare treat. We’re awestruck over the stunning work she produced from our wedding day and find any excuse to relive the magic through her beautiful images. Elizabeth immediately understood our vision from our first conversation and even recommended a florist who fit our aesthetic flawlessly. Her warmth and energy is joyful to be around - you’ll feel like you found a best friend, not just your wedding photographer!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Elliott · Married on 10/01/2017

We initially decided not to have videography for our wedding but then changed our minds when my grandmother was unable to attend. At that point, we chose to hire a videographer as a gift to her. Cue David! He was so much fun to work with and even showed up early so he could catch our first look. He made my husband and I feel so comfortable in front of the camera and as a result, was able to capture every moment and every emotion flawlessly. Our personalities, as well as those of our families, are all present in the film. Our wedding video is absolutely stunning and something we will cherish for years to come. He is an artist in every sense of the word and you will not be disappointed with his work!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Marnie · Married on 05/20/2017

Wow! We went back and forth on if we wanted a wedding video, and are SO unbelievably glad we got one and even more happy we picked Almond Leaf Studios. Not only was David hilarious and fun to have around during our wedding day, but we're beyond pleased with the video he created and the moments he captured. We're obsessed! Definitely recommend them!

Sent on 07/07/2017
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/21/2016

Okay, I LOVE David and Elizabeth. They really are just the best. I studied photography and video in college, so the photos and video were one of the most important things to me on our wedding day. Even if it isn't your thing, keep in mind that they are all up in your space for the entire day, so they can kind of make it or break it. From the minute we met them, we knew they were the right ones for us. We didn't even contact any other photographers. They are so easy to get along with, and the day of our wedding they were discreet when they needed to be but also SO helpful when we needed help. Elizabeth and her assistant wrangled our dog for us and kept track of the time, making sure the boys were getting ready on time. She drew out a timeline for me prior to the wedding day and helped me talk it out with the vendor owner when we had disagreements about when I should get into my dress. They may seem a little pricey, but you really get what you pay for. The photos were GORGEOUS and the video is perfect - it really shows our personalities, and when I watch it, it makes me forget about all of the little things that went wrong that day. It is also hard to find a photo/video team, so when I priced out these services separately, it was actually less expensive to do the package with Almond Leaf. They also sent us a sweet little box with a card, photos and a thumb drive with the video after the wedding. I am already planning on hiring them for a baby shoot when that day comes (I'm not even pregnant yet). You will have absolutely no regrets with this team - hands down some of the sweetest, most passionate people I have had the pleasure of knowing.

Sent on 07/28/2016

Jessica · Married on 04/30/2016

We were thrilled to have Almond Leaf shoot pictures and video for our wedding this Spring. All of our family and friends raved about the beautiful pictures and video. I am not exaggerating when I say that we had SO many people comment on what a great job they did. You will not be disappointed at all with these guys. They truly are both artists and professionals, they excel at what they do and they are a joy to work with.

Elizabeth's pictures were dreamy, romantic, classic, timeless, professional, artistic and oh so beautiful. Exactly what I was looking for and so much more. What made them a joy to work with was what a vibrant energy they brought to our wedding - they were in the moment with us, they were oohing and ahhing over the wedding day details right along with us - I could tell they were honestly happy and buzzing with excitement to be doing what they love to do.

Elizabeth drafted an entire almost minute-by-minute play book for the day of the wedding and walked us through the entire thing on the day of. I was SO incredibly nervous on the actual day - you would think I never had my picture taken before in my life - but they were calm, sweet, and lighthearted and knew how to direct me through the motions to get the shot they needed.

Our video that David made was amazing. It is nothing short of magical watching your day come to life on film. We were so thrilled with David's work... it was a video made by someone we hardly knew but he was able to tell a story that captured our personalities, our love for one another and the overall feeling of the wedding so well.

I think the thing I loved most about David is that he is an amazing storyteller. I watched a lot of his videos before our wedding and the one thing that really sold me is that no two videos of his were alike. He does not create copy and paste videos. He really has a gift for capturing and translating the unique story of your wedding to film - the energy, the look, the emotions, the love.

Sent on 07/14/2016

There are not words to describe how thankful we are that we found this team. From the very first consultation call through after the wedding, they have been the kindest and most accommodating team. Beyond being insanely talented (shooting a tradition Indian wedding is NO JOKE), they are the nicest, funniest, most compassionate folks. They were able to capture the essence of our relationship and family and friends in the images and videos of the whole weekend.

Elizabeth, David, and the whole team--- We cannot thank you enough for everything. Thank you for the memories, friendship, and guidance. Y'all are the ABSOLUTE BEST.

Sent on 06/02/2016

Kaema · Married on 06/06/2015

There are not enough words to describe how amazing Elizabeth and David are. Choosing them as our photographer and videographer for our destination wedding was the BEST decision we ever made. Not only are they so talented but they are the most genuine and easy people to work with. They continually checked in with us during the wedding planning process to see how everything was going and how we were feeling. They went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day went as smoothly as possible. I can honestly say that being around them helped me feel at ease. Aside from being awesome people, they were able to capture our wedding day in a way that I know only they can. On top of that, our wedding video perfectly captures us as a couple and the personalities of our family and friends. Thanks to Almond Leaf we will have the magic of that day for the rest of our lives.

Elizabeth and David, I can't thank you enough for the memories you have given us!

Sent on 09/13/2015

David and Elizabeth are absolutely amazing to work with! They are 2 of the coolest people ever and I couldn't imagine working with anyone else! Their attention to detail and quality is simply unmatched! You cannot go wrong hiring Almond Leaf for your celebration.

Sent on 08/25/2015

Danielle · Married on 10/04/2014

My husband and I used Almond Leaf for our wedding video, and we both agree this was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. The decision to have a videographer capture our day was a bit last minute as we thought we didn't really 'need' a video, but now that we have a beautiful one from Almond Leaf, I am so glad we did. We've been married nearly a year and still watch the video regularly - every time, it brings such wonderful memories from our day and really allows us to relive it.

The video from David and Elizabeth is exquisite and one of our most cherished mementos. They perfectly captured the feel of our day as well as compiled all of the most important moments into an 8 minute video. The thought and creativity David and Elizabeth put into the video is outstanding - from the images / clips they captured to the music selection and editing, everything was done to perfection.

Not only are they outstanding artists, but they are also wonderful to work with. Genuine, kind, easy going, organized - everything you would want in a wedding photographer / videographer. Additionally, since we used them for the video only, it was important to us that we find someone who would work well with our photographer, and David and Elizabeth were the perfect partners. The love they have for the wedding industry and capturing one of the most important days of their clients lives is evident.

Overall, I am so grateful to have worked with Almond Leaf and to have such a wonderful video to remember our day. I absolutely would not hesitate to recommend them as a videographer or photographer.

David and Elizabeth - we cannot thank you enough!! We absolutely adore our video and know we will cherish it for years to come!

Sent on 08/26/2015

Amanda · Married on 09/13/2014

Nothing is more stressful for a destination wedding bride-to-be, than the thought of building a relationship and trust with the photography / video team that will capture the most important event in your life.
    From the moment I perused the Almond Leaf website, I had no doubt that Elizabeth and David would just “get” my vision for the weekend. To call what David produced, a video, is to somehow cheapen what he brought into being. From music selection, to lighting and video composition, my wedding weekend sprung to life in such a magical way, that I cried every time I watched. Every nuance of a drifting cloud or the subtle smile of a proud dad was rendered in such a way as to squeeze every ounce of emotion from the memorable day.
    If you want to relive your day as the once-in-a-lifetime fantasy that it was, book Almond Leaf today!

Sent on 03/09/2015

Stephanie · Married on 08/23/2014

If you're looking for stunning photography and videography with awesome people who make the process and experience fun, your search stops here. One of the best decisions we made for our wedding was hiring Elizabeth and David of Almond Leaf Studios - they are THE BEST, and here's why:

- Extremely quick, thorough, and thoughtful responses to any and everything we needed, and beyond - they were great at giving advice and recommendations based on all of their experiences!
    - Being in front of a camera can be a little nerve-wrecking for some people, but they are so fun and make you feel like you're just hanging out with friends while bringing 100% professionalism in all of their work!
    - Videography - I have to give a special shoutout here because we weren't going to get a video made at first, ended up doing it and it's one of our favorite momentos of the wedding because it really lets you re-live and "feel" the whole experience. I was also especially impressed with David here as we wanted a pretty specific style and feel to the video that was a little different from the ones that he had done before - he brought so much additional creativity and thought to the finished piece and it's more than what we could have ever asked for!

Thank you Elizabeth and David for helping to create such a wonderful experience and capturing this period of our lives - after all, when the big day is over, this is all we have :)

Sent on 07/02/2015

Katie · Married on 06/21/2014

When it came to selecting a photographer/videographer to capture our wedding day, we could not have chosen a better team than Almomd Leaf Studios! Both, Elizabeth and David, were incredible to work with and we really enjoyed having them spend the entire day with us. Not only are they super sweet, fun, and energetic, but even more talented! We got married at a baseball stadium and we were curious as to how pictures would turn out. The pictures from our wedding day are beyond beautiful and turned out better than we could have imagined! We also had David do a video. The video he created captured all the key/favorite parts of our day perfectly and is so much fun to watch over and over again!! We constantly get to relive our special day thanks to Elizabeth and David and would recommend them to anyone looking for a photographer and/or videographer! You can't go wrong by choosing this trustworthy team!

Sent on 03/25/2015

Megan · Married on 06/07/2014

I really wish I had the words to describe how wonderful our experience was with Almond Leaf Studios.

The Hasenmyers are truly the most gifted couple you could ever put your trust in to capture a big occasion like a wedding. They are so professional – from the time you book to the time the last photo is edited, working with them is totally transparent, very communicative and absolutely filled with love and appreciation.

Beyond their professionalism and artistry, they are simply the most kind and loving people. I could not have felt more comfortable and calm in their presence – they always had a plan and were ready to give instruction, and it was always at the perfect time, with the friendliest and calming direction. I not only wound up with the most gorgeous collection of photos capturing the details of the day (captured at just the right moment), I truly received art work in which my husband and I are the subjects. There is not a person who has seen our photos that hasn’t mentioned “that belongs in a magazine” at some point or another. In fact, the venue where we got married is using our photos to highlight the venues.

And the video – UNREAL! We didn’t even know that we wanted a video. And now that we have this amazing piece that will forever capture the beauty and love of that day, I have to preach to every bride I know – YOU HAVE TO HAVE ONE! My memories are captured on film and that is priceless – David translated our very experience into something that someday our future kids will be able to watch 100 times, like my husband and I have. Our mannerisms, our family dynamics – it’s all there in 4 minutes of emotional beauty. Again, there isn’t a person who didn’t comment that they had never seen love captured so palpably.

It seems like everyone these days has “the best photographer” – but unless they are referring to Almond Leaf, I have to disagree.

Sent on 09/04/2014

Katherine · Married on 05/24/2014

First I must say, Elizabeth and David Hasenmyer are lovely people.

Picking a wedding photographer was an extremely difficult task for me and my, now, husband. Having worked in the wedding industry myself for many years, we knew the talent pool to choose from in North Carolina would be overwhelming. However, the first time I spoke with Elizabeth on the phone, I was immediately at ease. She described her work style and aesthetic in a comfortable and confident way. She showed great interest in what we felt was most important to us on our big day. Also, one of the appealing things about Almond Leaf was that their business model has a wonderful philanthropic element, which a portion of the profits from our booking went to others in need. Like I said - lovely. people.

Elizabeth's flexibility in arranging our engagement session, and even rescheduling due to a major rainstorm, was something we greatly appreciated. Elizabeth’s second shooter at the wedding was her awesome husband, David. Most importantly, their presence the weekend of our wedding went beyond photography. They were respectful of space, but also were willing to take risks to get incredible shots for us. I’m pretty sure David climbed a tree at one point! Elizabeth was efficient in getting through a large number of family pictures. We had a tight timeline and they kept the mood light, as wedding day tensions can be high.

The email and phone correspondence was always quick. The booking process and payment process was incredibly easy and done via their website. We received our engagement pictures in a very timely fashion. The images of the wedding they have sent us so far have been stunning and we cannot wait to see the rest!

If you are looking for a talented, kind, fun and professional wedding photographer, and for beautiful images you will hold dear for the rest of your lives, we could not recommend Almond Leaf Studios more! Book them. Book them. Book them.

Sent on 06/04/2014

Great people to work with. Excellent job with everything we wanted.

Sent on 06/08/2014

Cindy · Married on 06/22/2013

Elizabeth is a true gem. Her work is beyond fantastic and she works very closely to insure she provides all that you want from a photographer. We had a very rough go with our wedding and had to rescheduled 2 months before hand. We ended up having a last minute destination wedding and Elizabeth was very flexible and supportive throughout the ENTIRE process. She was especially spectacular on my wedding day, guiding us throughout the photo shoot and just being super lovely. I will definitely be contacting her in the future for any of my photography needs.

Her husband actually shot a short (but wonderful) video of our wedding day. It was exactly what I was looking for, and the turn around time was super quick. They are an amazing team together.

Sent on 08/12/2013

Katie · Married on 09/22/2012

I just happened to find Almond Leaf Studios online on a wedding planning website and decided to book them because I was so impressed with the example photographs on their website. My expectations were exceeded by Elizabeth and her team throughout the entire process. Elizabeth was very professional and clearly concerned about what my husband and I wanted out of our wedding photographs. She was so easy to work with and delivered a beautiful product. We were so pleased with our wedding photos and look forward to using Almond Leaf Studios again for our photography needs in the future!

Sent on 11/23/2012

Jennifer · Married on 11/18/2011

Hands down we are beyond happy that we hired Almond Leaf Studios and we recommend them to anyone. Elizabeth was beyond helpful throughout the entire planning process. The day of the wedding she was very attentive to our needs and readily available to capture all the important moments of the day.

We recommend her services to anyone!!!

Sent on 02/05/2012

Lauren · Married on 10/22/2011

Elizabeth and her team are AMAZING! Very prompt responses, great personality and overall the perfect photographer for your big day!

Sent on 02/03/2012

Ashley · Married on 09/04/2011

My experience with Elizabeth and April was perfect! As a laid back bride who isn't interested in ANYTHING traditional it was a perfect fit. Capturing the essence of my wedding day was very important to me so photography was the thing I wanted to spend the most money on. It was SO worth it! I am in love with all of my pictures! Sometimes I sit for hours staring at my photos and getting lost in the memories of my wedding day. Thank you so much for doing what you do with such perfection!

Sent on 02/03/2012

Lauren · Married on 06/18/2011

When I contacted Elizabeth with Almond Leaf Studios about photographing my wedding day, I knew she was "THE ONE." Having a sister who's wedding photos were featured in "New York Bridal" magazine I knew I had big shoes to fill when it came to my wedding photographer and I wanted NOTHING but the BEST! Her work is breathtaking and Elizabeth is so warm and friendly, the combination is unbeatable. My hubby-to-be and I have only had engagement pictures done so far, and I cannot tell you how many compliments I received once our engagement pictures hit the Almond Lead Studios blog!!!! They were more beautiful then I could have ever imagined, she knows how to make her subjects shine! She is great to work with, always professional, prompt to respond to e-mails/phone calls, and her attention to detail is superb. I cannot wait for more to come on our wedding day!!!

Sent on 06/20/2011

Lacey · Married on 06/11/2011

Almond Leaf Studios is an industry leader in being so creative, prompt, caring and incredibly professional. Elizabeth was a breath of fresh air to our family. Her ideas and her ability to create long lasting memories through the lens of her camera are amazing. I highly recommend Elizabeth and April to create dreams for a lifetime to enjoy.

Sent on 06/24/2011

Jamie · Married on 05/28/2011

Elizabeth (at Almond Leaf) is one of the nicest people I have ever met. My daughter had set up an appointment for an outdoor bridal shoot. Elizabeth drove about two hours to find us, then arrived early and checked out several locations. Just as we finished getting my daughter into her wedding dress, the heavens opened up with pouring rain, and eventually thunderstorms. Elizabeth didn't miss a beat. Because of her preparation, we still had wonderful locations to shoot from, and instead of the day being a disaster, it turned into a great session. The photos turned out so well that we had a difficult time choosing one for her portrait. I would recommend Almond Leaf to anyone who wants a terrific, stress free experience. We are anxiously awaiting the wedding photos!! Elizabeth and April were everywhere, and yet they were never distracting or in the way. Almond Leaf also has a heart for charity. Please check out their website.

Sent on 06/14/2011

Phil · Married on 05/07/2011

Five stars simply does not cover the level of service and attention we received before, during, and after our wedding. Elizabeth was able to capture what we were looking for in our wedding pictures, and deliver flawlessly!

Sent on 06/14/2011

Courtney · Married on 05/07/2011

Almond Leaf Studios is AMAZING!!! When my fiance and I first met Elizabeth, we knew she was who we would trust the photos of our big day to. She is an amazing photographer, but she is also a great person. She is so easygoing and has the perfect personality for this work. She put us at ease right away and she listened to all our concerns and was happy to answer any questions.

Elizabeth and April worked our wedding day and they both did a tremendous job. Looking at our pictures we were able to remember so many moments that had been such a blur in the day. They are a treasure. We also have some friends and family who were not able to make it for the big day and they truly got a sense of what the day was like by looking at the photographs.

Elizabeth has such a great eye and was able to find great shots in every aspect. If you want your run of the mill, posed, generic shots, go elsewhere. If you want memories that you will truly enjoy and view as art, Almond Leaf Studios is your photography choice. Hands down. We did a lot of research on photographers. Photography was one aspect we were willing to pay the extra money for to get what we really wanted. Almond Leaf Studios blew away everyone else for us. And the prices are not reflective of their work. We feel we got the most amazing deal with the most amazing photographers.
    Elizabeth even took it up a notch and submitted our wedding to the wedding chicks and our wedding photos are being published on their site!

Lastly, I will say that she has not let us down AT ALL. All our follow up with her has been great. She's still there, responding to our kooky crazy questions. She is still a part of this process with us. It's not a cut and dry, hey thanks for taking pictures at our wedding, see ya, kind of deal. She is in it until you are 100% comfortable and happy with the end product. I have a friend that got married over 2 years ago and still doesn't have her album. Elizabeth has a great moral integrity to keep everyone happy.

I would reccommend Almond Leaf Studios to anyone who wants beautiful, artistic captures of their day...whatever that day may be. My Maid of Honor is getting married in Mexico in November and she's trying to work out being able to use Almond Leaf Studios for their big day as well. When you see the kind of work that they do and the amount of passion and perfection that they put into all they do, you will be sold. I guarantee it.
    Our wedding day was one of the most wonderful, joyous of our lives so far. Knowing that Elizabeth and April were there doing their awesome work made the whole day no stress. I wasn't stressed that they'd miss shots, take too many of things I didn't care about, or not take enough of the ones that mattered. Truly perfection. I feel like I sound a bit disingenuous in this, but I truly can't say enough about these 2.
    When we bring little ones into the world, I can't wait to have her get her camera all over them too!

Sent on 06/15/2011