Allison Slater Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

• Joelle
    Joelle C. Getting married on 03/11/2023

What a professional!

Allison is so thorough, so kind and so talented. We booked her for our engagement photos this summer and we are thrilled with how they turned out. She's done some major location scouting and offers so much insight on a variety of magical spots. I was nervous about us looking awkward but NOPE she made us feel comfortable and the photos came out beautifully. If you're looking for something special and someone special to help you achieve it, she's your gal. I highly recommend her!

Allison Slater Photography's reply:

JOELLE! You are so incredibly sweet. Thank you so much - your engagement session in Sedona was SUCH a dang fun time and I loved hanging out with you both during our hike and your photos. You two are the best!!
  • Sarah
    Sarah C. Married on 05/02/2022

Better than I ever could have imagined!

After finding Allison's website, I knew I wouldn't find anyone better! Working with Allison was even better than expected. Allison helped me find the perfect location and captured the most beautiful shots for our engagement pictures. They were everything I could have hoped for! Allison did such a great job and made us feel comfortable and gave us an enjoyable experience during our session. I would definitely hire Allison again in the future and recommend her for anyone looking for pictures you will be able to cherish for a lifetime!!

Allison Slater Photography's reply:

Sarah - thank you so much for your sweet words. I super appreciate it and absolultey loved helping you two plan out your engagement session location and taking your photos! All the best to you both!
    Ben Married on 03/01/2022

Best in the West

I cannot more highly recommend Allison and her work. Where to begin... My fiancé and I had an incredible shoot with her at the Imperial Dunes in CA! Allison's manner is incredible and her work really stunning. We are so thrilled with the pictures and with the genuinely fun time we had out there on the dunes. She's imaginative and really thorough, and after this experience, we fully intend on using her services for our wedding and any other event we may need a photographer for going forward! I can't recommend her highly enough! P.S., we had car trouble and she ensured we made it home safe. People like her are hard to come by. Thank you Allison for everything!

Allison Slater Photography's reply:

Ben! Thank you so much for your super kind words - I had such a fun time with you and Jessica out on the dunes for your engagement session. You two were such a joy to photograph and it was an epic adventure to say the least! I cannot WAIT to photograph you two again for your wedding day. You guys rock!
    Maddy S. Married on 02/11/2022

Yes you should book Allison!

I can not talk highly enough about Allison - she made our day easy and effortless which was what we had always hoped for. From our first phone call with a vision to our final photo of the night Alison was our right hand lady who guided us what could be a stressful season of life.

I would tell ANYONE who is looking for a photographer for their wedding to reach out ASAP (because she is a busy lady). I mean look at this magic!!

Allison Slater Photography's reply:

You are seriously so incredibly sweet. Thank you for your words and for trusting me with your day! It was so awesome to be a part of - you guys are so great. Hope you're doing well!!
    Bailee Married on 01/26/2022

Amazing experience!!

We really enjoyed our photo shoot with Allison! She was very helpful in keeping the mood light and fun so our pictures turned out more natural. The finished product was breathtaking. Allison is fun to be around and work with. She help make our engagement photos a memory we will cherish forever!

Allison Slater Photography's reply:

I'm so stoked that you guys came out to Sedona for your engagement session - what an epic location and incredible day. You two are the best!!
  • Natalia Earle
    Natalia E. Married on 01/07/2022

Gifted photographer!

Allison did an amazing job capturing all the special moments of our wedding! She was communicative during the entire engagement and very fun to be around during the wedding while photographing us! Allison even provided us several "sneak peak" photos of our day within the following week which we loved! :) Would absolutely recommend her to anyone!

Allison Slater Photography's reply:

Thank you so much!! You guys were SO easy to take photos of and our day was dang awesome. Super appreciate you!!
  • Nicole
    Nicole M. Married on 09/28/2021

Perfection!!!

Allison was not only an incredibly talented photographer, she is sweet, kind, helpful and has a huge personality. she cares about her business and making her customers happy to the point where you feel like you are friends! she is so knowledgeable and well informed about where to plan elopement’s! We booked the two day adventure elopement package with her , and for the second day she suggested a place I’d never heard of. I tried googling it and searching on Instagram and found NOTHING! We decided to trust the process and Allison- and went along for this crazy adventure and she took us to a location unheard of that was truly breath taking in every way possible!!! Trust Allison and book your wedding or any special occasion with her because she will not disappoint you! I wish I could bring Allison on every trip I plan now!

Allison Slater Photography's reply:

Girl, you're making me tear up! Your 2 day elopement adventure was absolultey incredible and so breathtaking. It was an absolute blast photographing your day and celebrating you two!!!
    Ashley C. Married on 09/13/2021

10/10 Allison is the BEST

The weird thing about your wedding day is you don’t get to ever relive it. You only have the memories, and the pictures, to capture every beautiful moment you experienced that day. When you think about wedding pictures, you imagine the ones where you both are perfectly posed and look flawless. And then you get your pictures back from Allison, and you realize it’s about every other picture then those beautiful ones. It’s about the candid smile and hug you gave your new mother-in-law, or the look on your dads face at your first look, or the laugh you and your husband shared during your first dance. Then you think back and realize you didn’t even know those pictures were being taken. That’s what makes Allison incomparable to the rest; she captures both the posed and candied perfect moments. My husband and I had the pleasure of having two photoshoots with Allison. We decided to do our wedding pictures earlier than our wedding, so we didn’t have to spend the extra time on the actual day of our wedding. Not a conventional idea, but Allison made us feel so comfortable with the idea. The pictures came out beyond our wildest expectations, and we had a ton of FUN hanging out with Allison. She completely took away the “awkwardness” of the whole photoshoot thing. We also got the pleasure of having Allison at our elopement in Yellowstone National Park. She absolutely blew these pictures out of the (national lol) park. She made everyone SO comfortable, and fit into my family like she was one of us. Everyone in our family said something along the lines of “wow! Those pictures came out amazing! Normally I hate myself in pictures, but she did I really good job, I actually like myself in these pictures!” I think it’s so important to touch on how genuine Allison is as a person. She is one of the coolest, understanding and down to earth humans I’ve ever met. I’m so grateful for her photography skills, and for her as a person. If you’re considering using Allison, do it!!!! You’ll only regret NOT using her!

Allison Slater Photography's reply:

Okay, not me crying over here at my desk!!! Man, Ashley - it has been so incredible to be such a part of your engagement and elopement journey. Your adventure bridal session was such a blast and your elopement out in Yellowstone was amazing and so epic. I'm super grateful for the two of you, thank you so much!!!
    Anna B. Married on 05/05/2021

Best Photographer EVER!

Allison is absolutely amazing! my husband and I got married on cinco de mayo and I cannot say enough great things about Allison! She captured our day so eloquently, was assertive in the sweetest way and has already given us some sneak peek photos. If I could give Allison 100 stars, I would. I cannot thank her enough for the wonderful work she did!

Allison Slater Photography's reply:

Your cinco de mayo intimate wedding was SO EPIC and absolultey breathtaking. I'm so stoked that I got to be a part of it and celebrate you two!! You're the best!
  • Renee
    Renee Married on 12/31/2020

One word.....AMAZING!

Allison is the best! We did an adventure session with her at Yosemite and from the very first email to the final delivery of our gallery, she was very polite, helpful, outgoing, professional and creative! I would not have chosen anyone else, she captured my vision for our session perfectly! She's very organized and sociable, made us feel super relaxed and I appreciated all of the little details for our session. I look forward to another session with her in the future and would recommend her to anyone. Can't wait to fill our walls with her images, we love them all!

Allison Slater Photography's reply:

Renee! Man - I super appreciate you. Thank you SO much for choosing me, trusting me and sharing with me how much you loved your experience! I had such an incredible time with you both and am so excited for you to hang these new images in your home! Thanks girl!!
  • Kat
    Kat G. Married on 11/11/2020

If i could give her 6 stars i would

Honestly hiring Allison was the easiest and best decision we made for our wedding. I am a wedding coordinator from St. Louis and needed the best for my wedding. Allison captured my wedding vision perfectly. We did an adventure engagement session in Sedona and she made getting to a difficult location easy and effortless. Her knowledge of the trail was amazing. She photographed our wedding in Tucson in November and every photo was magazine-worthy. We will be using her for more adventurous sessions for anniversary photos. Hiring Allison will be the easiest and smartest decision you will make. EMAIL HER TODAY!

Allison Slater Photography's reply:

Genuinely, it was so incredible to photograph your wedding day - SUCH an honor as a fellow wedding vendor! I'm so stoked for you guys. Thank you so much for your kind words!!!
  • Nicki
    Nicki D. Married on 10/02/2020

The Best Elopement Photographer Ever!

After realizing our original wedding plans weren't going to happen here in Minnesota (thank you pandemic), we knew we wanted to elope in Arizona but didn't really know where to start. The idea of planning another entire wedding felt extremely overwhelming until we found Allison. She's not only a photographer, but a planner as well. She made planning so easy every step of the way while making sure our day was exactly what we were dreaming of. She made the entire process stress-free and took so much off our plate!

The day of was truly unbelievable thanks to Allison's planning. Allison was extremely organized, yet so laid back which made for the most blissful wedding day. Our parents both commented that it seemed like she was an old friend and we'd known her forever. We felt so comfortable in front of the camera and she truly captured the entire story of our day.

We travel often and always say "the pictures don't do it justice." Allison's photos are quite the opposite. She truly captured how absolutely magical our wedding day was. It's honestly impossible to choose our favorites because they all are just beautiful. Allison is incredibly talented and we cannot recommend her enough!

Allison Slater Photography's reply:

You two had such a journey with your wedding day and MAN am I so happy and honored to be a part of it! Even though your day ended up not being how it was originally planned, I'm so dang happy to hear how incredible of a time you guys had. You two were so excited throughout the entire day and it really was SUCH a joy! I'm so stoked that you two are now officially married. CONGRATS again!!! You guys are so great!
    Linda H. Married on 09/28/2020

Most amazing day ever...

Of all the things to be grateful for today, one of the things I am most grateful for is choosing Allison Slater to photograph our Elopement. I know this may sound silly, but, seriously, she's amazing and if I could give her 25 stars I totally would!

From the first contact, to rescheduling due to COVID and then actually making it to the big day, she was an absolute dream to work with. She was not only a photographer, she was a tour guide, planner and hiking expert extraordinaire.

Thank you to the most awesomely talented Allison Slater for making our vision come to life and for the most amazing wedding photos that we will cherish for a lifetime.

If you are in search of an elopement photographer, do yourself a favor, stop reading this and go book Allison right now. You will NOT regret it.

John & Linda Hurler
    9/28/2020

Allison Slater Photography's reply:

Linda! Thank you both so, so much. It was so incredible to be a part of your elopement day and help you two plan it all out! I was so honored and am still constantly re-living your day. I so appreciate you!!!
    Jessie K. Married on 08/27/2020

Best Photographer Ever!

Allison is absolutely amazing. Like many COVID couples, we had to make several changes to our wedding plans, but Allison was ready to help and encourage us every step of the way. Even after we moved our wedding location across the U.S., she was happy to travel (safely, of course) for our intimate ceremony and assist us in finding the best photo locations from thousands of miles away. She has a genuine love and excitement for what she does and she made us feel so comfortable and happy on big our day. We could not recommend Allison enough and hope that someday soon we can travel out to AZ and link up with her again!

Allison Slater Photography's reply:

Jessie! Girl you guys were so resilient to everything that 2020 threw your way. Even though your plans had a to change a bit from your original vision, it was SO dang gorgeous and an amazing day. You both are so awesome and super appreciate the both of you!!
    Jessica B. Married on 06/22/2020

Styled desert shoot

Shooting with Allison Slater Photography was such a genuine and magical experience!! You could tell Allison really loves what she does and is passionate about photography and capturing authentic moments, which made the shoot more personable and comfortable with my husband! The photos are beautiful and she was very quick at sending the photos back to us, which was a nice surprise! I highly recommend anyone to Allison Slater photography and we would definitely use her again!!

Allison Slater Photography's reply:

Jess! Girl you are so awesome - thank you so much for all of your kind words and for sharing your experience with me! You and Fred were SUCH a blast to take photos of and dang was it a fun night. I super appreciate the both of you!
    Kelsey Married on 06/11/2020

Engagement Pictures

Choose Allison Slater as your special day photographer! She is simply the best!

My fiancé and I traveled from Florida to Sedona for our engagement photos with Allison. The whole process was seamless, which took the stress off our shoulders. I thought I would feel so awkward being in front of the camera but we were so comfortable! Not to mention our pictures were PERFECT! We truly had an amazing time and experience with Allison as our photographer.

Allison Slater Photography's reply:

Kelsey!! Thank you so, so much - I'm so stoked to have been able to take your engagement photos. That night was SO incredible and such a blast! You two are so great!
  • Rachel
    Rachel B. Married on 06/09/2020

Cannot recommend her enough!!!

Oh my goodness, where to begin... Allison is one of the most amazing people either myself or my husband has ever worked with. She is genuinely passionate about what she does, and it shows in her work. Not only did she help us plan our big day, but she was always thinking ahead and coming up with questions that we hadn't even asked ourselves. The amount of research she did from day one of working with her was amazing. She was able to give us information not only on the park, but the surrounding area, and the best restaurants to eat at even though she was not from the area. Her drive and accountability were both characteristics of what we were looking for in a photographer, and she fit the bill perfectly. My husband and I would both highly recommend Allison for any photoshoot you can book her for. She guides you through the session and makes it feel so comfortable and effortless. If we could elope again just to work with Allison, we would!

Allison Slater Photography's reply:

Thank you both so, so incredibly much! Your day was so incredible - it was adventurous and intimate and intentional and truly amazing. It was such a blast helping you two plan out your Zion National Park elopement! I so appreciate the both of you!!
  • Christina
    Christina S. Married on 05/09/2020

the BEST elopement photographer

You can stop searching now for a wedding photographer. Our wedding day was a complete dream & we honestly have Allison to thank for that! Due to COVID we were forced to cancel our original wedding plans & we were feeling pretty crushed about that in the beginning; we felt nothing could compare to our original plans. In one phone conversation Allison restored our hope & excitement! She is the full package; so much more than a photographer. Allison helped us to create and envision our dream elopement wedding (which we would 100% do all over again!). She is very thorough and prompt in answering all of our questions. She is extremely professional & knowledgeable. Hiking up Zion with her and her husband (as our officiant) was great! Super friendly & easy going. She was just so sweet & so prepared for anything; one step ahead at all times. She was able to keep us on schedule the entire day & really kept the day centered around us. She came prepared with all the things that you could imagine you’d need & with all the things you could have forgotten. Your day is something she takes very seriously, as if it was her own wedding day. Most of all she was just completely there for us when we needed her. THE PHOTOS. They are breathtaking & have us speechless. We can’t even choose favorites because they’re just all our favorites. She is certainly gifted & gave us the most precious photos to remember our day with. Allison was able to tell the story of our wedding day through her photos, capturing all the small and big moments as well as all the little details in between. She is worth every single penny. This is who you want to spend your wedding day with and who you want to trust to capture those moments that you’ll carry with you for the rest of your life.

Allison Slater Photography's reply:

Man oh man, I don't even know where to begin! I cannot thank you enough for your sweet words and review of your time with me as your elopement photographer, planner and guide. You and Arnau were beyond incredible to work for and your day was STUNNING. Such an adventure - one for the books without a doubt. You guys are so awesome!!
  • Holly
    Holly Married on 02/22/2020

Loved Allison!

You should hire Allison! When we were searching for a photographer we specifically sought out someone who could capture us and our happiness authentically. I was never a fan of super posed photos and then I came across Allison on the knot. She really took the time to listen and understood what I was looking for. The day we took our engagement photos Allison had some previews for us later that day which was such a nice surprise. I’m not comfortable in front of a camera but Allison really eased my anxieties and I love all of our photos. On our wedding day she was really good at politely wrangling my large bridal party and family to take care of all the shots on our list, and breezed through it so we didn’t have to miss much. Our day got rained in and we had to completely flip our plans upside down, she took the time to photoshop out a fan of every one of our ceremony photos which I would have never even expected. She’s just a lovely person and very prompt and professional! 10/10 love her!

Allison Slater Photography's reply:

Hi Holly! Wow, thank you so so much for this!! It was such a rad time being able to get to know you two, document who you truly are when you're together and celebrate alongside all of your friends and family despite the weather. You are so awesome!!
    Alison G. Married on 09/13/2019

Allison Slater knows how to capture the best moments!

Allison Slater is an incredibly talented photographer. She has such a great eye for composition and knows how to capture truly authentic and special moments. My (now) husband and I aren’t always the best at taking staged photographs (or being put on the spot in general!) but Allison made us feel so comfortable that we were able to be ourselves; she gave us lots of fun things to do during the shoots so that we could relax, be playful, and embrace the moment. She also did an amazing job of capturing our dog Obi in the photos, which is not always an easy task! She is also a very thoughtful and kind person. She reached out before the wedding to offer help with planning, helped us create a timeline, and was impressively on top of everything throughout the whole process. We are so glad we chose her to be our photographer and could not be happier with the photos! Not only is she an amazing artist, but she is able to execute quickly and efficiently. She wastes no time and grabs every opportunity to take a beautiful shot, all while remaining calm and casual. We highly recommend Allison Slater Photography, you will not regret the decision!

Allison Slater Photography's reply:

You have NO idea how grateful I am for you two and your sweet words!! It was such an amazing thing to be a part of your intimate wedding day. Each moment of the day was a blast and so obviously meaningful for the two of you! It's icing on the cake hearing how comfortable you guys felt in front of the camera - your images are such a reflection of it! Thank you SO much!!!
  • Ashley
    Ashley B. Married on 04/10/2019

A truly magical, dreamy experience!

Where do I even begin to explain how incredible Allison Slater is…

I remember when I first started looking at photographers for our elopement, I was randomly scrolling through Instagram and BAM!!! I saw Allisons page and I knew my search was over. It had all the right feels from the warm glowy lighting to the authentic moments she captured. I knew we had to have her! The first telephone conversation we had with her was so much fun and sealed the deal, we absolutely fell in love with Allison.

She photographed my now husband and I’s engagement pictures and elopement and at both sessions was truly an absolute pleasure to work with and made both experiences so easy, so fun and filled with so much magic! For our engagement shoot we had planned a July shoot at Superstition Mountain (I’m obsessed with the place) but right before our session the mountain caught fire and got so bad they had to close the trails we planned to shoot on. We had to make a backup plan. Allison being the rockstar she is scouted some trails and found another magical trail that had all the feels I wanted AND had Superstition Mountain in the background!!!
    I was beyond thrilled and grateful!

At both the engagement shoot and our elopement day Allison came totally prepared with everything from snacks and water to a speaker so we could listen to music during (she even had “our song” cued up! She thought of every aspect of the day and was ready for anything. She was so easy to work with and made us feel like a friend we’ve known forever was taking our picture. The conversations we had with her were organic and full of laughter and happiness. She made us feel relaxed and comfortable so we could be truly present in the moment. I can’t even picture our elopement day without Allison being there. She made the day effortless (even with climbing a mountain in full wedding attire!).

And our pictures… WOWZA!!! They are absolutely mind-blowingly amazing! I don’t know if I could be any happier with them. On top of being crazy talented, sweet, funny, personable and professional, Allison is quick! She had our elopement images back to us within 2 weeks!!!

I could literally talk about how awesome Allison is all day. She is a dream to work with, easy to communicate with and a master of her craft! I can no thank her enough for our experiences with her and am already thinking of a reason for her to photograph us again! I would recommend Allison Slater Photography to anyone and everyone, trust me, you will be so happy you did! She is truly a gem.

Allison Slater Photography's reply:

ASHLEY! Girl, where do I begin?!!! I’m still so ridiculously honored and grateful that you both trusted and invited me to be a part of your elopement day. You and Jacob were so utterly intentional about using my advice to treat your time during photos, as a date with one another. It was so amazing to be along on the incredible journey of you two being engaged and eloping in Sedona. I’ll forever be so impressed with you for hiking to the top of that mountain in Sedona in your wedding dress, despite having other clothing options!! You are a true champ and adventuring and I’m so lucky to have been the one to tell the story of you and Jacob. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of you kind words, love, support and trust. I so appreciate you both!!!
  • Nick
    Nick G. Married on 03/11/2019

Best Photographer Ever !!!

We are beyond excited on how the wedding day and events turned out.  We were so blessed to have you be apart of it.  Your photography and service to us was nothing short of extraordinary.  We want to thank you again for everything.
    My wife Raquel and I love photos, especially her :)
    Going into the planning stages the number 1 item on the list were the photos and how they would be edited.  We looked longer for a photographer than anything else haha.  After finding your page, we fell in love and knew it was meant to be.  After using you for our engagement photoshoot in Sedona, we were left in awe.  You blew us away with your personality, and of course your work.  We knew then that no matter where the wedding was going to be at, we were going to need you there.
    Once we changed locations from AZ back to MO, we had to figure out a way in the budget to get you there.  Because not having you was not an option.  You were quick to respond and open to the travel.  Made our planning easier and we knew the day would be great.
    Now that we have our photos back and some time has passed.  We realized how blessed we were to find you and have you be a huge part of our most special day.  Also we gained a friend.  We will definitely be using you again for future photoshoots.
    With Love,
    The Gruver's

Allison Slater Photography's reply:

Nick and Raquel, holy cow. Thank you so, so much! My time with you two starting with our phone call all the way through delivering your wedding album to you was absolutely incredible. You guys were SUCH a joy to take images of and be around! Thank you so much for bringing me into your journey and trusting me to document in the way that best represent you two and who you are together. You guys are awesome. Thank you!!