Alligator Pear Reviews

2 | Canoga Park, CA

2 Reviews for Alligator Pear

Samantha · Married on 05/30/2010

Abbi Chilton, owner, and Bud Coury, director of catering, made my wedding amazing! They went above and beyond typical service for a catering company. Besides the fact that the food was freakin' fantastic, presented beautifully, and tased amazing..they payed attention to tiny details that most companys would not even have noticed. Abbi, the morning of the wedding, brought her own vases, flowers, and decorations to adorn the tables, just in case the florist forgot something. As they set-up for the hors d'oeuvres stations they noted which direction tables were facing and made sure to constantly check to make sure all the cheeses and platters were shaded (both our ceremony and reception were outdoors).
    Now, about the actual food....everything was fresh, cooked to perfection, and delicious. The hors d'oeuvres must have been excellent because they had been devoured by the time we finished family photos and made it over to the cocktail hour. The salad was fresh and delicious, served tableside. We chose to have a buffet which was executed perfectly. Our dishes looked as wonderful as they tasted. I was very impressed. We had salmon and bass pinwheels, beef with mushroom sauce, vegetable towers with pesto, risotto, pasta, homemade breads with assorted butters...they even made a few dishes special for me being vegetarian. The servers were great. The food was AMAZING.
    I highly, highly recommend Alligator Pear Catering! They made the wedding! Two months later, people are still calling my family to talk about the food and presentation. Everything was fantastic!!

Sent on 06/24/2010

Ed Millstein · Getting married on 04/11/2020

1.6
      3.0
      2.0

Not Who They Pretend To Be

Bud and Abi charge $28.00 per hour for labor. They pay their staff an average of $15.00 per hour; pocketing a whopping $13.00 per person PER HOUR.As a client I would expect that they would inform both the client and the staff of that arrangement. They do not. It's a dishonest labor system and may very well qualify as wage theft. A paying customer has the right to know.

Sent on 11/16/2019