Allegria Bridal Reviews

112 | Belmont, MA

112 Reviews for Allegria Bridal

112 Allegria Bridal Reviews

Kim · Married on 10/06/2018

I recently bought my dress at Allegria and I had a fantastic experience. I had just come from another shop where the consultant was completely missing the mark and didn't seem to listen to what I wanted in a dress. It was so refreshing to step into Allegria after that experience. They let me tour the shop and pull my first 5 dresses to try on. From there, my consultant was able to use what I liked and didn't like from those dresses to find my perfect one.

Erica was my consultant and she was terrific. I admittedly was not very good at putting into words what I was looking for but she somehow was able to know exactly what I wanted. The dress I purchased was actually a dress that she chose for me based on what I liked/didn't like about other dresses. I probably would not have tried it on without her suggestion. Also it was very nice that she strategically gave my group and I privacy when we needed it without being awkward. She made the whole process very simple and turned something I was dreading into something that wasn't a big deal.

I totally recommend this shop and Erica!

• Catalina

Catalina · Married on 09/29/2018

I had a wonderful experience at Allegria! Kate was very helpful throughout the process and did not make me feel pressured to purchase a dress on the spot. By the end of the appointment she was hugging and crying with my mom and grandma once I made my decision to buy my dress!

Alison · Married on 08/04/2018

Had a great experience at Allegria! They were so helpful in finding me a beautiful dress!! I went in with a pretty open mind, a few key criteria, and they presented so many gorgeous options and made the whole thing a ton of fun! Highly recommend : )

Jessica · Married on 06/09/2018

I found my dress, veil, belt, and hair piece at Allegria Bridal and can't say enough good things! This was the first place I tried on dresses and the last place! Erica picked out awesome dresses for me to try on, and after about 5, I found the dress! The process was so easy! I also can't say enough good things about Luciane, the seamstress! She fit my dress exactly to me and made sure everything was perfect, and guess what, on the wedding day, it was! The dress fit me like a glove and I felt absolutely beautiful in it. Thank you Allegria!

Laura · Married on 05/05/2018

Great customer service- Gorgeous Gowns- In love with my dress- didn't want to take it off! And Maria is amazing at alterations- she made me feel like a queen and the dress fit me to a T!

Allegria Bridal 1
    Allegria Bridal 2

Carrie · Married on 10/07/2017

Loved working with Erica at Allegria!! She was very helpful and professional and very knowledgable about the dresses! I love the dress I picked and Erica helped me find the right accessories and veil! My family and friends also love the dress!! Can't wait to wear it!! Thank you Erica and others at Allegria!!

Deniz · Married on 09/09/2017

I got my wedding dress from Allegria Bridal and to say that it was perfect is an understatement. Allegria was my fifth, yes FIFTH salon that I visited and I had tried on about 20 dresses already. I knew I wouldn't be easy for me but I definitely thought I would have my dress picked faster than that! Anyway, I was about to go to some shops in New York when I decided I would try just one more place in MA - Allegria. I found my dress there and it was absolute perfection (Eve of Milady Style 1564). I made a few alterations (Ivory, no beading, added lining), and it was great. It came in a month early and they were so professional - keeping me updated the whole time. I also got my accessories at Allegria and my bridal sash was truly one of a kind - it felt like it was just made for my dress. Next, I went to alterations. The seamstress in their alterations department (the shop literally below them) is AMAZING. That's where the magic all happened - Fumi fit the dress to me perfectly, and we added off the shoulder sleeves that were detachable that I absolutely loved. In the end, my dress was everything I could have ever hoped for and more. I'm just sad I only get to wear it once!

Allegria Bridal 3
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 06/25/2017

I purchased my dress from Allegria last Nov (2016) for my June wedding and was over the moon with the experience. I had fallen in love with the gowns from Flora, however it was outside of my price point. Lucky for me, there was the perfect dress for me in the Sample Sale section. It was the first dress I tried on and it was perfect - and magically in my range since it was a sample sale dress! Barb was wonderful at making it such a fun experience for myself and my family (My Mom, Grandmother and 2 sisters). Since it was quiet, they even allowed us to just have some time to enjoy each other's company downstairs in the bridesmaids section afterwards uninterrupted since none of us live near each other. Once I purchased the dress, she took several pictures which are now wonderful keepsakes. Thanks so much!!

Alicia · Married on 06/24/2017

I cannot thank Allegria Bridal enough for giving my the wedding dress of my dreams. From helping my choose the dress, to customizing the back, to all of the alterations made in store, the experience was amazing! Thank you so much for everything and I highly recommend any bride looking for their wedding dress to 100% go to Allegria Bridal :)

Ryan · Married on 11/26/2016

I bought my wedding gown and bridesmaids dresses at Allegria Bridal. My experience with them was great from start to finish. They have a beautiful selection of gowns and are highly professional and organized. In addition, they have a spacious shop and you truly get that bridal experience when trying on dresses. Their tailors really know their stuff as well. I never had one worry when it came to my gown and the bridesmaids dresses. I have friends who've had similar experiences with Allegria as well. Definitely check them out!

Jill · Married on 11/12/2016

Allegria was great - the whole wedding dress shopping process was overwhelming for me and not something I wanted to do. I just felt like every dress looked the same. When I did find the dress at Allegria, it was part exhaustion from not wanting to put on one more dress and part love. When I got home and looked at my pictures I actually completely regretted the dress purchase! Of course, Allegria, having dealt with their fair share of crazy brides (I'm sure!) calmed me down immediately. They told me we could tailor everything about the dress to meet my dream vision. So tailor we did! They were so patient and professional throughout the alterations - these were conveniently on site which was also great.

• Cara

Cara · Married on 08/05/2016

My experience with Allegria was flawless from start to finish! I worked with Kate to pick out my dress as well as my bridesmaid dresses. She's so lovely and makes you feel at ease. I went during the Judd Waddell trunk show and Judd himself actually picked out my dress for me-it was perfect! I also got my dress altered by Fumi and can't say enough amazing things about her. She is friendly, kind and very talented. I only needed two fittings before the wedding and my dress fit beautifully thanks to her eye for detail and perfectionism. I would recommend Allegria as a one stop shop for everything you need!

Marc · Married on 08/05/2016

Allegria was right down the street from my first apartment with my husband and the dresses always looked so pretty in the window. When it was time to look at dresses, I knew I wanted to look at Judd Waddell's collection as I absolutely wanted a lace wedding dress. Lo and behold, Allegria was having a Jude Waddell Trunk Sale and I scheduled a weekend of dress shopping around it. Only my mother and future M-I-L could be there for this appointment as the rest of the bridal party were on their way into town to go shopping the next day.

I worked with Barbara (she's incredible!) and I probably tried on 5 or 6 different dresses on with varying degrees of success (as a fuller girl, I was getting more and more discouraged and self conscious slipping into the tiny (to me) dresses. When the appointment starting heading south, Barbara went out of her way to make me feel better and we focused on putting me in a dress that would pick up my spirits. Eventually we found my dress all because of Barbara! I also want to highlight that the weekend I went shopping was super busy for Allegria, given the Trunk Sale. But they found time to squeeze me in for 30 minutes the next day so that my bridesmaids could come in and see me in the dress before I made my final decision (they drove all that way, I couldn't have it be for nothing!). Judd was there the day I purchased the dress and he made a drawing of the dress for me and signed it. I have it in my wedding scrapbook.

I also purchased my bridesmaids dresses from Allegria as I received a discount given I had purchased my dress there. All my girls were far away and Allegria was great with ordering and shipping to each.

I can't recommend Allegria enough and if you can request Barbara, please do!

Kristina · Married on 07/16/2016

I bought my wedding dress, veil, and jeweled belt from Allegria. I worked with Kate who was absolutely fabulous. Due to my great experience finding my own attire, we got the bridesmaids dresses at Allegria as well. The entire experience was professional, knowledgable, honest, and friendly. I plan to go back to Allegria to preserve my gown and veil because I loved them so much! This dress shop is definitely a must go to!

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 07/03/2016

Buying my dress at Allegria was an amazing experience from before I even walked in the door, through my wedding day. I knew I wanted the Judd Waddell Grace gown, and they no longer carried the sample in store- so they called New York and had it shipped in. My dad was sick with cancer when .I purchased my dress and actually landed in the ER that same morning, so they let us take photos and video so he could have some part in the day- this mean so much to us. After my father passed, it was time to get my alterations done- and they sewed a piece of my dad's handkerchief in a heart into my gown. It was very hard planning a wedding and knowing my dad would not be there- but Allegria helped us make it as special as possible. Thank you!

Kristin · Married on 05/07/2016

Beautiful, modern and professional bridal shop that's easily accessible by public transportation!

dana · Married on 11/01/2015

Allegria Bridal was the most incredible experience. I wish that I had gone there first and I would have had much less stress.

Their staff is incredible = they give you a tour of the store and then let you be to take a look at the inventory without being too hands on. They pull your first dresses and then make recommendations as you go if there is a dress that might fit your profile.

They are the first store to truly listen and not pull dresses that were completely opposite of what I was looking for. Also, my family is in AZ and AUS. The store has a webcam that family can log onto and participate in your shopping experience virtually.

I cannot say enough about them!

Marcy · Married on 09/19/2015

I visited a number of bridal shops in August, two of which were on Newbury Street and Allegria was by far the best! The experience was well tailored to my needs. They have a great selection of dresses for all budgets and the place is lovely and comfortable for you and your entourage.

I would also highly recommend asking for Julie. She was exceptional at her job! She seemed to know me and my style before I walked in the door. She clipped those dresses on with such finesse, making it possible to see the potential of each. When I walked in she asked me to pick out 5 dresses with my bridesmaids. We could only find 4 so she pulled one she thought I would like. This dress turned out to be perfect! I surprised myself with a little emotion when I saw myself wearing it. In the weeks that followed she updated me on sales, but was never pushy making it more comfortable for me to make that final decision.

I think the secret to their tailored approach is the questionnaire they have you fill out ahead of time. Take it seriously when you fill it out because it really helps them find you the dress you are looking for.

Bridget · Married on 09/12/2015

I found my wedding dress at Allegria for my wedding this past September and could not be happier. They have a great selection of gowns and a wide range of prices. They have something for everyone and I found them to have a better selection of gowns than the shops in Boston!

Jacqueline · Married on 10/11/2014

Had a wonderful experience at Allegria! After a not so great start to my first day looking for bridal gowns with my Mom, we came here and the day turned all around. They were all so pleasant and helpful. They had amazing gowns!

Andrea · Married on 09/28/2014

Allegia Bridal was awesome. I bought both my gown and veil there with their sales associate Kate Jenkins, and also had my alterations done there by the amazing Renee. After searching and searching for a gown (I was totally one of those girls who tried on 50 dresses and went to every salon in the Boston area) I walked in and found my dress at Allegria right away. Being a bigger girl, some of the salons made me feel uncomfortable when samples wouldn't totally zip, but the girls here made me feel beautiful from the moment we said hello. I cannot recommend them highly enough -- the selection is the best I have found, and the service is warm and makes this somewhat nerve-wracking shopping trip really fun and enjoyable!

I found my 8 bridesmaid dresses here and it was a blast. They have so many to choose from, my bridesmaids were in dress heaven. We even had 3 kids in tow with us and they were so kind to us even though it was a bit hectic. They made the process pretty smooth. I appreciate how easy it was and how helpful the sales girls were. I am very anxious for their arrival.

Kendra · Married on 07/05/2014

Allegria is wonderful! Barbara picked out the perfect dress and accessories for me and was very friendly and patient. Renee in alterations was very professional and sweet and she made the dress fit like a glove! In fact, all of the staff at Allegria were very kind and helpful throughout the entire process! I highly recommend Allegria!

Christine · Married on 06/14/2014

I had the most wonderful experience at Allegria. What an amazing staff!!! First, Barbara was just wonderful and helped me find the perfect gown and accessories. Not only did she make me feel comfortable, but I felt like I was shopping with a friend. I love the wedding dress she helped me find and she really made me feel special! I also bought my 4 bridesmaid dresses there as well. Both times the staff at Allegria made it so easy to find what I needed and were so helpful. Down in alterations Rene was unbelievable as well! She really listened to me and helped me with deciding on bustles, ribbons, etc and worked absolute magic on alterations. I would highly recommend visiting this store and purchasing your gown here. The entire staff is so knowledgeable and they make the experience a wonderful one.

My dress couldn't have been more perfect; so glad I got it here.