All The Above Events Reviews

123 Reviews for All The Above Events

• Daniel

Daniel Lim · Getting married on 07/10/2020

Perfect Wedding MC/DJ

Great DJ and MC for our wedding. James was very efficient, and his music selection is exactly what we wanted. He was also very generous with his equipment/lighting, all of which looked very classy.

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Hali

Hali Lam · Married on 01/18/2020

Couldn't get them to stop dancing!

James was legit the best DJ! all my friends and family could not stop dancing. Every song was as great as the last.

Sent on 02/07/2020
  • Steven

Steven Hentges · Married on 12/04/2019

James helped to make our wedding magical.

Planning a wedding is stressful. Trust me, hiring James from All of the Above Events to DJ/MC your wedding or any live event will decrease your stress level immediately. Our wedding coordinator recommended several DJ’s for us to look at. James was at the top of the list, and for good reason. From our first conversation, James was personable, well-informed, organized and as professional as they come. We had some VERY specific ideas about the direction of our music throughout the arrivals, ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. James was always there to guide us while working with us to achieve our vision. Throughout the process, he was available and responsive. When we needed a full outdoor movie theater projection screen and photo booth, James came through. His lighting system was sublime. So many of our guests came up to us to say what an amazing, beautiful and fun wedding it was. I have no doubt that a large part of that is due to James and his excellence. Thank you for making our special night even better than we could imagine.

Sent on 04/16/2019

Arai White · Married on 11/08/2019

James is the BEST!

James was our DJ and MC for our August wedding in Simi Valley, CA. If you want the best DJ around, pick James! Seriously, we looked at many different options and read reviews of various other DJs but when we decided on James, it was like a weight lifted off of our shoulders. From the first phone conversation to the last minute pre-wedding details, James was there to ease our minds. He has staffed many weddings and events and completely knows what he is doing. He even offered ideas for things we didn't even think about. Literally, he had everything under control in the DJ/MC aspect of the wedding from the first time we met. Wedding planning as we all know can be super stressful, do yourself a favor, go with James (aka DJ Jounce) for your wedding or next big event. If we have another large event, we will for sure being picking James! Thank you for making our day so special!

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 09/21/2019

The Best DJ!

Hire James to be your wedding DJ! He was the DJ and MC at my wedding. I decided to go with him after attending a friend's wedding where he was at cause he knew how to keep the party upbeat and going. He did not disappoint. Thanks James!

Sent on 11/21/2019
  • Debra

Debra · Married on 08/31/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

James was our DJ & MC for our wedding last month and he is an absolute professional. I could tell right away that he knows exactly what he is doing, and has done A LOT of weddings. I live out of state from my wedding so I was pretty hands off for the whole planning process. It was so perfect that I went with James because he was so responsive to my emails, addressed my concerns fully, and even gave me lists of suggestions for certain songs. All I had to do was pick the songs I liked and that's it. He also transformed the vibe of the ballroom with his portable LED lights and lit them exactly how I wanted, fading the color from pink to purple to blue throughout the portions of the night. He did such a great job MC'ing too, everything from the grand entrance, intros, speeches/toasts, cake cutting, first dances, bouquet toss, and getting people to sing and dance. He was handed a timeline and just pretty much just took it from there. My cousins wanted to MC a part of the reception for fun and he was so on point transitioning seamlessly to them and back. My guests had such a blast that night dancing and karaoke-ing and James even stayed when we had only a few guests left partying at the end. If you want a fun, memorable, stress free wedding, definitely hire James as your DJ & MC!

Sent on 10/01/2019

Aileen Hoang · Married on 08/25/2019

Professional and Reliable Wedding MC

I cannot recommend James enough for events! James was our MC for our wedding and we found him to be very personable and easy to work with. He's very organized and is willing to help throughout the entire wedding process, from helping us breakdown our wedding timeline to collaborating with our DJ.

Even though there were some delays in the schedule during our wedding, James was able to help us get back on track and keep guests entertained during the event. He stayed until the very end of the event and worked closely with us on the day of to make sure things were running smoothly. He went above and beyond on his role, specifically one instance that involved him privately walking over to a group of people at our wedding to ask them to be quiet as speeches were being announced (without the bride or groom mentioning him to do so). Definitely consider James for your wedding or event if you want things to go as planned and without a hitch!

Sent on 09/23/2019

John & Jackie · Married on 08/24/2019

James was great!

James did an amazing job at our wedding! Everyone loved the music and danced nonstop throughout the whole reception! He understood our song styles and preferences, read the room well, and did a great job of planning everything beyond just the music. He seamlessly coordinated the various reception details such as toasts, special dances, lighting options, etc. Thanks James for making our wedding that much more special -- we had such a blast and all of our guests really enjoyed themselves!

Sent on 11/10/2019

Matt Prom · Married on 07/27/2019

Epic Night!

James at All The Above Events was amazing! He worked with us through every detail. He is everything you could want, and more for a wedding. He was able to arrange a playlist of songs for the event based on the ones we had previously provided him with. Also, there were a few surprises during the wedding that needed Audio/Visual assistance, which James aided with very diligently. He made the soundtrack for the groom's dance routine. He also prepared microphones for a surprise first dance song. Very friendly and easily willing to accommodate all your needs. I would highly recommend James at All the Above Events to all our friends and family

Sent on 11/13/2019

Andrew Mok · Married on 06/01/2019

Go with all of the above!

James is fantastic!! Everything you could ask for in a DJ for your wedding and more. To start, James is a talented DJ who played all the right jams at the right times (incl. some of his own mixes). James is also a great MC who knows how to transition from one event to the next seamlessly, and is great at hyping up the crowd when needed. For our mother-son and mother-daughter dances, he went above and beyond and created CUSTOM mixes for us and send it to us weeks in advance for review. Lastly, James is extremely professional -- we never had to worry about anything. He was always on top of everything and super responsive from start to finish. Even after the wedding was over, a couple of our guests loved the music so much that they asked for his playlist, and James went out of his way to compile it for us and send it over. Seriously, would rate his services more than 5 stars if we could - go with James if you're considering. Couldn't recommend him enough!!!

Sent on 06/16/2019
  • aimy

aimy · Married on 05/18/2019

The best! Highly recommend!

James was awesome! Very friendly and energetic 😁
    Everyone LOVED the music and the dance floor was busy until the very end (1AM)!

We highly recommend him for all events!
    Thank you for helping make our wedding amazing!

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Frank

Frank · Married on 04/27/2019

Best MC/DJ ever

James was the absolute perfect final piece to our wedding. I actually found James on accident while looking for a bilingual English/Mandarin MC and his name popped up. We sure are glad we decided to go with him anyways.

James' organization and professionalism really saved us numerous times while going through all the headaches of planning for our wedding. He was super accommodating to our needs and ended up being the best MC/DJ/Officiant all-in-one package!

We only decided to pick a few songs we knew we wanted, but left the rest up to James and all our guests were thoroughly pleased. The best part was James' ability to continuously keep all the guests entertained and in the loop as the event went on. Use his wedding game suggestions!

We can't recommend James enough. It wouldn't have been the same wedding without him.

Thanks James!

Sent on 03/28/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa Lo · Married on 03/16/2019

Awesomeness

My husband and I just had our wedding on 3/16/2019, yes only a few days ago. And we are both so very happy that we found James as our MC/DJ. I would like to point out, that even though he is quite busy, he replied very quickly about setting up an appointment and confirming his availability. Though we live in the SGV region, James was very considerate and met us closer in DTLA at a Starbucks for our first meet. At first my then fiancé, wasn't sure since he just heard what I told him I read about James services online. When we had our meet, he was impressed and we were wanting to put down our deposit to book our date. Keep in mind- not to force us into booking right away, there was another couple already requesting the same date (he showed it to us) and really it was for my wedding date! So we were even more anxious to want to seal the deal. He has different ways of making a deposit (I finally used for the first time in my life VENMO) and we were set. Right after he sent us a detailed email (like super super detailed) for those brides/grooms who need direction (myself). It had a list of a VIP names, to write down your party, and song selection, he even gave us a TIMELINE sample so he knows how to coordinate... and he even has a HUGE lists of SONGS (for EVERY POSSIBLE SECTION, cake cutting, bouquet toss, entrance, first dance, garter toss... you name it) I WILL SAY, I was prob one of the most unorganized brides he probably had. With working two offices and trying to plan a wedding a lot of small details I missed. Nik and I also couldn't decide on certain songs, and with the suggestions from groomsman and James VAST music list. Yes, the day of he had songs for us. YUP, the DAY OF. I literally did not have an exit song, or a entrance song (for dinner) until that day. James also took control of the reception, making sure things were on time and schedule. He also went over everybody's name to say them correctly, when we entered the ballroom. Prior to our wedding my hubs wasn't too keen on games, even though I felt we had to have some entertainment. He finally agreed to a few, one being HE IS/SHE IS, and a scavenger hunt game. He thought the scavenger one would be too messy and busy. And on top of that we had a ton of kids (who James worked with very well!) Well, all I can say is it was super entertaining, James worked the the crowd, including giving one of our kids and extra chance when my aunt (who knew) because super competitive and beat her! LOL. We were all laughing and enjoying and Nik was the first to say he was so glad we added in the game, and that James did a great job. Of course the night continued with our garter toss (which my little nephew won) and which James had a great convo with in front of everyone. The kids loved his music for the dance floor, and all young and old alike came to dance. JAMES also provided us with uplighting, and he also threw in some extra for us. It was beautiful, and he was great. He is also very attentive, and replies quickly. And no question is too dumb, or repetitive. Make sure you provide dinner for him (it keeps him energized ^^") and honestly thats just a nice thing to do, after all he is there all day! James was at our wedding preparing from 2pm until midnight cleaning. I will even end this with a note that one of my good friends is also a DJ, but we had asked him to attend as a guests. And he went to introduce himself to James, and he even stopped by to tell me my DJ choice was great. Thats coming from another professional in the same field... so I feel thats a great compliment on how awesome James is. This is a long review, but in all honestly good service deserves recognition. For such a big event in our life I am so glad we had such a wonderful person to work with. I would suggest him to any couple who needs guidance with making their wedding fun for all ages (FYI: I had kids as young as 2-12 running around plus Asian seniors) who ended up dancing, playing games, having fun. Thats saying a lot when your person can pull that together. Thank you James for the best service ever! 100% recommend, book early don't miss the chance of having him take care of your special day!

Sent on 03/20/2019

Jennifer Lee · Married on 03/02/2019

Best choice I’ve ever made!

James was cordial, organized, efficient, understanding, and best of all, fun! We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding. 100% recommend without a doubt!

Sent on 03/20/2019
  • Brian

Brian Park · Married on 12/09/2018

James offer A+++ service! Highly recommended!!

I was referred to James from a friend who had used him for his wedding. With my uber busy schedule, he was extremely flexible and quick to my often delayed responses.

On the day of the event, he put together an awesome playlist of requested and recommended songs. Most importantly, he was able to 'feel out' my wedding crowd making sure the music kept everyone in a fantastic mood.

What I also like about James was his willingness to go with the flow. He supported us when we started moving around the chain of events that day. He never showed any frustration and made the changes seamless.

Would empathically recommend him for any event requiring emceeing and/or music.

Thanks James!

Sent on 01/01/2019

Rich Woo · Married on 10/27/2018

Must use, such a great DJ!

I talked to a couple wedding DJs before choosing to work with James. Our initial planning conversation was helpful and I was hopeful that he could deliver on a great experience. He not only came through with an amazing set of music, but we had so many compliments on how awesome the music and snacking was. James really struck the right balance between listening to our suggestions and also adding in things the audience would like. He also understood what the crowd wanted (ie. When everybody was dancing and into the music he didn’t throw in a random slow song like most DJs do to unintentionally kill the vibe). Thank you James, what a memorable night!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Michael Romero · Married on 09/29/2018

Incredible dj

James is incredibly professional, excellent dj who got the wedding party jumping, and felt the pulse of the crowd and kept the party going strong. He was very easy to communicate with and understood our vision of what we wanted.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Teale · Married on 08/11/2018

Awesome & Professional Wedding DJ

We hired James as our wedding DJ after he did my best friend’s wedding. There was NO DOUBT in our mind that he would do an excellent job at ours too..and he did! He is very professional, flexible and knows what he’s doing. He’s also very thoughtful. For example, he asked me minutes before if I wanted to split my mother/son dance with my step mom. It was a great idea and I’m so glad I did. We highly recommend James!

Dave & Teale

Sent on 10/19/2018

tim · Married on 06/16/2018

James hosted our wedding this past June in Malibu. He did an amazing job and was extremely professional throughout the entire process. A couple weeks before the event he even met us up and walked through everything. The day of he did a great job hosting and making sure the music was on point. I don't usually write yelp reviews but I did because James is great. He also DJ'ed my buddies wedding and he had a great feedback as well.

Sent on 07/02/2018

Sophia · Married on 05/26/2018

Wedding planning is already so hectic as it is, but working with James was totally stress-free. He's super easy-going and responsive. After just one phone chat with James, we could tell he's a pro at what he does. We immediately jumped on booking him as our wedding DJ/MC!

On the big day, James did a phenomenal job staying on track with our timeline. The flow of the evening was seamless and his music cues were spot on. It's obvious he's very comfortable behind the mic. He interacted with everyone really well without being invasive or too cheesy like I’ve seen with other MCs. James was also very considerate and detail-oriented. He double-checked with the wedding party to make sure he was pronouncing their names correctly for the grand entrance. My now in-laws also mentioned how they really appreciated something as little as James doing a small bow as a sign of respect while he handed them the mic for the parent's speech.

All in all, James made it a fun and special day for our guests. He played everything we wanted him to and we all had a great time!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Li · Married on 05/20/2018

It was such a joy working with James! I'm so happy to have him on my big day. Honestly he was the only vendor that I didn't meet in person before booking, and I didn't meet until the day of. Why? Because it wasn't necessary. The first time James asked if he can have 10 minutes of my time on the phone, I knew he can do a good job. He nailed that 10 mins! He was always available when I have questions. He worked really hard to get everyone's name pronounced right (trust me some of those names were difficult), and I also have a lot of Chinese songs sent to him in MP3. He listened to all of them. He provided me a list of fun wedding games, and I picked one to prepare. We didn't end up playing that game but it was good knowing we have something if people get bored.

On the day of, he arrived so early to set everything up, by himself. And he stayed until the very end. Everybody had fun dancing and partying! I'm not getting married again but I'd definitely like to work with James again on something else!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Benjamin · Married on 05/19/2018

We had heard about James from a colleague when researching DJ/MC for our wedding and only heard great things. We reached out to James and from the initial point of contact it was nothing but amazing and efficient. For those that are planning a wedding, there are enough things to think about. If you hire James, this is one worry off of your list. He was very easy to work with providing detailed information that was required from us and giving us ideas on how to structure our ceremony/reception songs if need be. If we had any thoughts ourselves, he walked us through the make sure that we weren't missing anything. In the build up towards the wedding, he was EXTREMELY organized and that was much appreciated! During the reception, he was great with our guests as well. We had guests come up to us asking how long we've known the MC/DJ because they thought we had known him for years the way he integrated himself so well into our wedding (in a very good way). I wholeheartedly recommend James to anyone that wants to eliminate this potential stress from their wedding equation.

Sent on 07/12/2018

J&M · Married on 12/03/2017

James was very helpful and professional. He helped us coordinate our ceremony so that there were enough microphones for all parts and he was quick to respond in emails. We got many comments from guests and family about what an organized and efficient MC he was, keeping the night running smoothly and on time. Would highly recommend. Thanks, All The Above Events!

Sent on 12/12/2017

Charles · Married on 10/14/2017

James provided excellent service and is very accommodating. He worked with us to provide great songs for the refreshment hour and reception. He provided us with a slightly slowed down version of our first dance song which made the song's pace perfect for our dance. He stayed for the entire reception and continued playing music until the dance floor was being removed! He worked with us to make sure he had pronunciation of all the names correct and he understood the style that we preferred. He worked closely with our Wedding Coordinator to develop a timeline for the rehearsal and kept things moving at a nice pace. We were very pleased with his service.

Sent on 11/21/2017

Lucy · Married on 09/16/2017

James was amazing to work with and we made the right decision for our wedding! From the very beginning he was very responsive, on time, professional and very personable. He was so easy to work with and knew exactly what he was doing! He did everything we asked and the uplighting color we requested turned out perfect. He kept the party going and was so great with all our guests. We appreciate all this hard work. You cannot go wrong with having James at your event!

Sent on 09/23/2017