Rev. Sheila Gay Gross Reviews

Rev. Sheila Gay Gross 5
Rev. Sheila Gay Gross 6
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 10/20/2018

Would make a stone weep with joy and love

There are not enough people like Sheila in this world. Someone who truly gets to know the couple on a deeper level than even some friends, and write your love story and feelings into a ceremony that would have anyone in tears. Never before have so many guests come to me and said how much they loved the ceremony as a highlight of the evening. if you are looking to have someone share how much you love your partner, and be able to express that love to your friends and family, look no further than Sheila

• W

William · Married on 08/18/2018

We are forever grateful for finding Sheila and making a new life friend in the process. From the start, there was zero pressure to go with her services, she genuinely just loves meeting couples and learning about your love story. Sheila will go out of her way to meet you at your convenience and hours will fly by as you feel like you're catching up with an old friend. Moving onto and leading up to our wedding day, she made us feel confident we were in good hands as she confirmed all details leading up to the day, and including the day of. Sheila performed a beautiful ceremony for us. She tastefully got everyone interacting in the ceremony as well. Even after the wedding, she was a conversation for us with many of our guests, and will always be thankful for getting to know her. If you are looking for someone that will genuinely take her time to know you and share your story and customize from start to finish your ceremony, not your generic officiant reading usual verses or prayers... look no further, Sheila will deliver. Thank you Sheila! Winnie & William 08/18/18

Rev. Sheila Gay Gross 7
    Rev. Sheila Gay Gross 8

Jessica · Married on 07/20/2018

My husband and I both saw Sheila perform my cousin's wedding ceremony, and were in love with the intimate, personal, and loving ceremony she created for them. So, once we became engaged, we knew who we had to call her in as our officiant. From the start, Sheila will take hours to get to know you and your significant other as a couple. She takes notes during your initial meeting, and crafts a ceremony that is unique and represents you as a couple. She was always available via email or cell to answer any questions I had along the way. On the day of our wedding, their wasn't a dry eye in the room. Our ceremony was beautiful, romantic, and completely captured who we are as a couple. During the cocktail hour, people raved about our ceremony, and how special it was. After our wedding, she even called to check in on us! If you are looking for a ceremony that will be one-of-a-kind and unique to your special day, look no further! Sheila is the BEST!!!

Erin · Married on 06/23/2018

From the moment we first spoke to Sheila, we knew that she was different. My wife and I had interviewed four other potential officiants before we found Sheila, and we were very turned off by the impersonal, business-like attitude the other companies possessed. After we spoke to Sheila briefly on the phone to set up a face-to-face meeting, the rest was history. One of the main differences is that Sheila is not a 'company' - it's just her. When my wife and I first visited Sheila at her home, we ended up staying for almost four hours! We were laughing and crying throughout the night as Sheila asked us questions about our relationship and took the time to know us and learn about our love story. She genuinely cares about the couples who come to her and is very serious about creating a one-of-a-kind ceremony for each couple. She ended up creating an extremely personal and unique ceremony for us, filled with special surprises for our families and our guests. My wife is Irish-Catholic and I was raised Jewish but neither of us wanted a religious ceremony because we preferred something more spiritual and love-centered. Sheila did not dissapoint. Every single person who attended our wedding came up to us and said it was the most extraordinary, beautiful ceremony they had ever witnessed. People were talking about it weeks after the wedding was over. I cannot state enough how amazing Sheila is! She was always available for us through e-mail or phone whenever we had questions about anything leading up to our wedding, not just regarding our ceremony. My wife and I wrote our own vows and Sheila was always willing to help us with her ideas and guidance. She has been through hundreds of weddings at this point so her input and advice was invaluable to us. She ended up becoming a close friend and will remain a friend to us for the rest of our lives. She is creative, silly, calming, and wise and we are so, so grateful to have found her for our wedding. Thank you Sheila!!

Benjamin · Married on 06/16/2018

If you are looking for a personable, unique, and truly beautiful ceremony, Sheila is your officiant! Sheila performed our wedding on June 16, 2018 and we are still getting calls from our guests telling us that we had the nicest ceremony they've ever seen. She really got to know us and our story, and was able to capture our history perfectly. She was able to draw out emotions from not only us, but our wedding party, and all the guests in attendance. I highly highly recommend

Barbara · Married on 04/20/2018

This woman made my day the most special day and i couldn’t of chose a better person to marry me she’s truly a blessing and a angel for every couple that meet her. Thank you again Sheila your awesome. From Barbara and Edsel

Liana · Married on 04/12/2018

Sheila was absolutely phenomenal to work with. From the time we met her face to face until our ceremony she was unbelievably accommodating. She spent our first session just talking to us and getting to know us as individuals and as a couple. From our first visit we knew Sheila was the person we wanted to be apart of our joyous occasion. I can't thank her enough for all the support and the BEAUTIFUL ceremony she put together. Everyone raved about the ceremony and how personal it was. Thank you Sheila for being apart of our special day and thank you for the beautiful ceremony ! we couldnt have found a better fit !!

-Liana & Ciara

Rebekah · Married on 04/07/2018

My husband and I were married by Dr. Sheila Gay Gross on April 7, 2018. We knew we wanted something special, we wanted our friends and family to truly understand us and the depth of our love, so we chose Sheila. We could not have picked a better officiant! Sheila was very flexible and responsive when it came to reaching out, messaging, and setting appointments. She was always available for us whenever we had questions, worries, ideas, you name it. On our first meeting we sat with Sheila for almost two hours while we told her our story. She had me in happy tears on our first meeting and we knew she was it! On the day of our wedding, Sheila was constantly checking in to make sure we were ok, prepared and ready to go. The ceremony itself was absolutely beautiful! She truly captured us, our love and we are still receiving compliments on our ceremony. I have been approached by several of our guests requesting her information for their family members who are engaged and getting married! The ceremony was so personal, different, special, and had everyone in the audience in tears. it was everything we dreamed it would be and more. Words cannot express how amazing Sheila and her personalized ceremonies are. If you want something personal, creative, different and truly made for you, choose Sheila...She was our officiant for our wedding but has become our family! We love you Sheila, thank you for being such a huge part of our love story and our day!

Rev. Sheila Gay Gross 9
    Rev. Sheila Gay Gross 10

Ashley · Married on 03/16/2018

Sheila was professional, courteous and kind - she really takes the time to get to know "her couples" and takes pride in her work. When we first contacted Sheila, we really had no idea what was needed to legally get married and go through with our destination wedding in Dominican Republic, but she walked us through the process and made sure everything went smooth. Over the process of writing the vows, performing the ceremony and getting the license, Sheila became much more than an officiant - she became a friend. I would highly recommend Sheila to anyone getting married!

Roy · Married on 02/24/2018

Shelia Gross
    Recently, my daughter got married. We were honored to have Shelia Gross Ph.D. Theology perform the ceremony. The bride and groom were of different faiths. My wife and I were concerned that this might present ceremonial issues. After speaking with the couple Shelia put us at ease. For Shelia, it is not about the religion, it is all about love and family.
    Several religious traditions were incorporated into the ceremony: the chuppah, and breaking of the glass, Jewish traditions. There were symbols included from the Catholic faith as well.
    The ceremony, however, was focused on love and family. With respect to family; Shelia brought the two mothers into the ceremony as a way to join not only the bride and groom but their families as well. Furthermore, she included the grandparents in the ceremony as they personally handled (as a way of blessing) the marriage rings, prior to the bride and groom exchanging them.
    Many guests commented on how beautiful, heartfelt and original Sheli’s ceremony was. A beautiful and heartwarming beginning to what we know will be a loving marriage.

Jesus · Married on 02/11/2018

Dr. Sheila Gross was just the perfect choice for our special day. What we enjoyed the most was her professionalism and charisma. The wording selection for our ceremony was elegant and precise with every statement she made. We are very grateful to Dr. Gross for making our wedding unforgettable. Thank you!

Rev. Sheila Gay Gross 11

Christi · Married on 11/19/2017

My husband and I got married in November and we used Sheila Gross for our ceremony and it was so magical. She really took the time to get to know us and our story. Her dedication made our ceremony so special and it exceeded all our hopes and dreams for that day. Not only do we love her but ALL of our guest still can’t stop talking about her and how amazing she is. Thank you Sheila!

Vanessa · Married on 10/22/2017

In the planning of our wedding the most significant element in my perspective was the ceremony. I absolutely felt as long as we have the ritual part of the marriage covered everything else would fall in place.
    We did indeed find SHEILA FIRST. My fiance is Jewish and I am of no religious background in particular. That said, we wanted to have some elements of my fiance's ancestors present. I am a spiritual person and practitioner and Sheila is the most gifted at creating a magical, meaningful, spiritual space where all of our loved ones felt included and inspired.
    Sheila interviewed us at length and delved into many areas of our lives both as a couple and before we met. The ceremony was full of rich, meaningful details that uniquely represented our partnership. So delighted we are with this wonderfully professional and complete package that Sheila brings to the alter!

Rev. Sheila Gay Gross 12

Stephanie · Married on 10/21/2017

Sheila is an incredible person and we feel blessed to have had the pleasure to work with her. After our initial contact, Sheila welcomed us into her home in Asbury Park so we could all get to know each other. We got to talking, ended up staying for over 2 hours, and by the end we felt like long lost friends! She has a way of just making you and everything around you feel at ease. We opened up to her about things that should have been difficult to talk about, but she made it easy. She encouraged us to write our own vows, which we were both hesitant to do at first, but we both really enjoyed the process and can't thank her enough for that. My husband and I are not very religious, but we knew we wanted our wedding ceremony to be meaningful and to show all of our love, happiness and joy. Sheila was able to capture that and so much more. It was so personal, loving, and emotional (in all the good ways!). There were tears, laughs, cheers, but the whole room was just filled with so much love. She was able to incorporate so many people who are important to us, and at certain times, even everyone was involved. We still keep hearing from our family and friends how beautiful and special the ceremony was. It was truly magical. Sheila, from the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU!!!!

Helaine · Married on 09/16/2017

A big thank you to Sheila for a magnificent job on our wedding ceremony, which isn't in fact a job. It's passion transformed into art, love transform into words, words transformed into genuineness. Sheila loves what she does and it shows. So thank you Sheila, for creating a ceremony so amazing, so unique, so lovely, that everyone is still saying "It's the best wedding I've ever attended!" You truly are the best! :)

Emer · Married on 09/08/2017

Working with Sheila on our wedding ceremony was an amazing experience. We wanted something that was unique to us as a couple with slight nods to our backgrounds and Sheila guided us every step of the way. We met with her at her home a few times to get to know each other and to write the ceremony together and it always felt like visiting an old friend. Never before have I heard so many people talk about how much they loved the ceremony and it was the talk of our wedding. She helped take what was already such a special day and made it even better. Our wedding date was her own anniversary and she still spent the day with us.

In short -- I wouldn't change anything about our ceremony or the process. It was an incredible experience and Sheila ensured that we were taken care of and felt comfortable every step of the way. I would reach out to her right away!

Alyssa · Married on 09/03/2017

What can we say? Sheila was amazing... from the moment we met with her we knew our ceremony was going to be something unique, different and unforgettable. Sheila listened to our story and our requests and put together the most beautiful ceremony that told our story. The first thing almost all of our guests said to us when we arrived at cocktail hour was that our ceremony was the most beautiful and touching ceremonies they had ever been a part of. Sheila did an amazing job incorporating the guests into the ceremony and truly made it one of a kind. We cannot thank Sheila enough for her guidance and for being part of our special day. If you are looking for an officiant, look no further!!!

Tara · Married on 08/19/2017

There are not enough positive words to describe Sheila and just how thankful we are to have found her. Sheila has become more than our officiant, she's someone we hold close to our hearts and plan to stay in touch with forever. When I first started looking for an officiant my biggest fear was not being able to find someone my husband and I connected with, but after meeting Sheila we were immediately put at ease. She welcomed us into her home and spent hours chatting with us. By the time we left we felt like we knew her our entire lives.

Sheila went above and beyond what is required of an officiant. To give you an example of how much she cares, she invited us to her home a second time once we got closer to the wedding. She knew I'd been feeling stressed coordinating all the last minute details for the wedding and when we arrived she had my favorite flowers standing in a vase for me. I was so touched by her thoughtfulness.

The actual ceremony was better than anything we could have ever imagined. My husband was raised Jewish and I was raised Christian, but we consider ourselves to be more spiritual than religious and wanted the ceremony to reflect that. Sheila seamlessly intertwined symbolism from each of our backgrounds while not focusing on anything religious, and perfectly conveyed the essence of who we are individually and as a couple. Our guests couldn't stop raving about how much they loved it. People that I didn't know to be emotional told me they were moved to tears. Plainly stated, she really did an outstanding job and I couldn't be more grateful to have found her.

Max · Married on 08/19/2017

When my wife and I were getting set for our August 2017 wedding, we were eager to find the perfect officiant for our ceremony. Neither of us are religiously inclined, but both on the spiritual side - my wife moreso. It was a daunting task, as we were working from no experience, but when we met Sheila in December 2016, we knew she was the one.
    That first day with Sheila was like meeting a long, lost close friend for the first time. We spent hours in her home just getting to know each other and speaking at length about our backgrounds and respective spiritual views. We ran through a rough outline of how Sheila’s ceremonies go and went over some specifics that we wanted included and omitted. Sheila was of course incredibly understanding and comforting, and assured us that everything would be exactly to our liking.

We kept in touch throughout the year and met for a second time at Sheila’s in late June 2017, where much to our pleasant surprise, she greeted us with my wife’s favorite flowers! A small gesture, but it spoke volumes to how in tune Sheila was with us and how caring of a person she is. We spent several hours catching up and ironing out some final details for the ceremony, assuaging any last minute jitters and concerns we both may have had.
    The day of the wedding was magical. Sheila catered the entire ceremony to our liking & included a number of personal, unorthodox touches that really sweetened the day. We both had large wedding parties, and have several close friends who we wanted to have play an elevated role in our day. On Sheila’s recommendation, we had 3 of our closest say some words from the alter, a personal touch that moved both of us tremendously and has stuck with us since then. The beauty of the ceremony was that the love we felt between each other permeated throughout all of our guests. To this day nearly 4 months after our wedding, we still have people telling us how moved they were by the ceremony and how much they loved Sheila’s service.

Jessica · Married on 08/13/2017

Shiela was amazing! She spent alot of time with me and my husband, to really get to know us and make a ceremony that was personal and special to us.

Robby · Married on 08/11/2017

We love Sheila! She is the best! Sheila gave us a lot of ideas to build off of to create a MAGICAL ceremony, one that not only we will remember as the couple getting married but one that our family and friends will remember and cherish because Sheila got the audience involved in "marrying" us too! That was fun. We can tell that Sheila has years of experience doing what she does. We met Sheila twice at her home to get to know one another and so she can get a feeling for what type of ceremony we wanted. As we are not religious, we did not really know what type of ceremony we wanted but Sheila knew once she got to know us and she was awesome in pulling it all off. From the first point of contact, Sheila was great in keeping in touch with us, whether it was by text, email or by phone. We kept in touch from the moment we met and up until the wedding day. She learned so much about us and we learned so much about her style, which we loved. Our wedding was at Red Maple Vineyard, an old farm that was converted into an awesome wedding venue in the Hudson Valley. We were looking for a warm and heartfelt wedding ceremony and Sheila helped us achieve that. In fact, we are so happy that her speech was captured in our wedding video because it really summarized our lives together as a couple and it really kicked off a night that united both families and friends. We would not hesitate to recommend Sheila to future couples. Sheila is like family now! We love her!

PS: Sheila married us in August 2017. On Valentines Day in 2018, we saw her on the news (NY1) officiating ceremonies in NYC. That's when we knew it was meant to be.

Robby and Claudia

• NerdyBride

Stephanie · Married on 08/04/2017

Where to start with Sheila... from beginning to end, everything about our experience was perfect! We first met with Sheila in her home to have a conversation and get to know each other. By the end, she felt more like a friend than a vendor. She truly got to know us as a couple and made our ceremony incredibly personal and special. Our guests laughed and cried and felt truly included. Months later, and we are still being told that our ceremony was the best any of our guests had ever seen! One of our friends even approached Sheila during cocktail hour to officiate her own wedding since she loved ours so much. It was the perfect blend of our personalities, our two religions, and our families. I really cannot say enough good things about Sheila--if you want a ceremony that is entertaining, heartfelt, and al about YOUR story, Sheila is the one for you!

Alessandra · Married on 07/23/2017

Sheila is by far the most warming officiant we met, we knew the moment we sat down with her, that she would marry us! She is so accommodating and responsive to all of our needs. We were married on July 23rd, it was the most beautiful, emotional, touching ceremony. Both my husband & I & our guests just loved every minute of it! We still hear from our guests of how wonderful and personal our ceremont was. I'm so excited to watch our wedding video and keep this memory forever. We are so honored to have met Sheila, and will cherish the relationship with her. I hope to see her in the near future, and most definitely look forward to her blessing our future children

Jimmy · Married on 07/23/2017

Hello my name is Jimmy and I Wanted to come on here and share how special Shelia Gross made myself and my wife feel on our wedding day and the months leading up to it. We sat with Shelia a few months before our wedding and right from the start we knew she was the one for us. She made us feel so warm inside and so welcome while we sat with her and went over everything. Never in my life have I ever been so impressed and emotionally charged but what Shelia was able to produce for us.
    My brother is currently serving in the Marines and is over in South Korea so not having him be at my wedding was one of the hardest things ever. Shelia who is just so special to me and my wife forever, went and reached out to my brother over seas and spoke directly with him so he could share some words with us at the wedding and make it feel like he was there even if it was for just a little bit. Needless to say 150 crying eyes later and 2 more with me and my wife Shelia was able to bring my brother Tommy from the front lines in South Korea right to Rivervale NJ at the Florentine Gardens. Shelia just went over and beyond for us and guest after guest after guest telling me how powerful and special it was. With myself being an Italian catholic and my wife being Jewish she was able to capture both religions in just 30 minutes and never swayed to one side. She captured the crowd like I had never seen before at any wedding ever. I recommend Shelia to anyone not just bc she did an amazing job at the wedding but bc she's An amazing person and cares so deeply about what she does and makes you feel so warm inside. I can't say this enough that Shelia set the tone for our whole day and we are forever grateful to have found her!!!!

We love you Shelia!!!!