All Faiths Ceremonies by Reverend Dr. Sheila Gay Gross Reviews

294 | Edgewater, NJ

294 Reviews for All Faiths Ceremonies by Reverend Dr. Sheila Gay Gross

Rafael Aguilar · Married on 01/04/2020

Very kind sweet and and lovely

She was so kind, sweet and lovely since the first time we spoke in the phone. Also she was flexible to set date and time for marriage. The place was beautiful and very comfortable. Definitely recommend to everyone.

Sent on 01/07/2020
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 11/30/2019

A unexpected but wonderful discovery

Sheila married my husband and I November 30th 2019. A family friend was suppose to marry us. Last minute cancellation allowed us to meet Sheila. We received the most compliments from our guests about our Ceremony. Even some of our younger friends that usually are there for the food and drinks raved about how personal and intimate the ceremony was. She was incredibly helpful in helping us write our vows and getting to know us leading up to the wedding to share our story. It was amazing to feel that all of our guests were truly part of the most important day of our lives!

Sent on 01/29/2020
  • Becca

Becca Urtnowski · Married on 11/03/2019

BEYOND pleasant experience with Dr. Gross

I cannot express my gratitude towards Dr. Gross. I emailed her with tricky situation and she went WELL above and beyond to make my dreams possible. Her kindness and willingness to help is truly amazing. I cant thank you enough. This review is based off the phone conversation we had today and I would recommend her to anyone based off this conversations alone. You can tell instantly she puts her heart into her work .

Sent on 05/31/2019
  • Kait

Kait Daly · Married on 09/28/2019

So grateful Sheila found US :)

Our paths crossed well before our wedding - Sheila found me almost 2 years ago (before I was engaged) when she was in need of a travel planner. We worked together on her spiritual trip to Sri Lanka and Australia and throughout the process we truly became friends. When my (now) husband, Kyle, and I finally started planning our wedding, we knew that Sheila was the only one who could share our love story in the intimate and unique way we were looking for. Sheila was there throughout every step of the process. She took the time to meet with us and learn our full story before the wedding - she also challenged us to think about WHY we were marrying each other in the first place!!! We knew the ceremony would be special, but we didn't anticipate just how personal it would be. We were able to be completely in the moment and connected during our ceremony - not just with each other, but with our guests... Sheila intertwined our friends and family into the celebration seamlessly. We REALLY felt the love. THANK YOU, Sheila for being you and for being a part of this most important day (we love you!). For all those looking for a intimate and crafted ceremony experience - you have found her in Dr. Sheila Gross!!!!

Sent on 12/31/2019

Raeyn Street · Married on 09/23/2019

She was amazing!

She came to us in the hospital and we had a beautiful, personalized ceremony.

Sent on 09/28/2019
  • Wendy

Wendy Joseph · Married on 09/21/2019

Truly Magical!!

We hired Sheila just two weeks before our wedding and she went above and beyond for us in that short time. She really got to know our story and incorporated beautifully into our ceremony. Our family and friends were literally coming up to us afterward to ask where we found such a phenomenal person to marry us! We are beyond grateful for you and your pure loving energy Sheila. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Erica

Erica Gucciardo · Married on 09/21/2019

Incredible experience

I could not recommend Shelia more. We were two weeks out from our big day, and doubted our ability to find someone who could put together a beautiful, personalized ceremony that would wow our guests with such short notice. Then we found Sheila. From the first interview, we knew she would be perfect for our big day as she got to know a bit about us and gave us a preview of what she would do and say. She then worked tirelessly I’m sure not only to come up with a beautiful ceremony, but also help me with the vows I had written. On the big day, I got what I wanted. A ceremony which I felt connected to as well as with my Husband and all of our guests. Sheila captured my husband and I’s relationship so well and she found the perfectly sweet things to add into our Ceremony, involving our family and friends in unprecedented ways from other weddings I’ve gone to, and really being one of the highlights of the day. A lot of people get caught up in the food and dancing and drinks and forget the purpose of the event - but not with Sheila’s ceremony! Everyone had such great things to say to me about how they loved it and thought she did an amazing job. My favorite aspect of the ceremony was the personalization of it, and the connection and involvement of the guests. I was not expecting so many people to come up to me and mention how much they enjoyed the ceremony, but it also was no surprise, given what I was feeling during the ceremony. It was incredible!

Sent on 11/24/2019
  • AJ Marandola

Aj Marandola · Married on 09/20/2019

Sheila does amazing House Blessings Too!

We were blessed to have Sheila be our officiant for our wedding (see review for 6/16/17 wedding). We had so many people come up to us and rave about the wonderful experience Sheila provided for our wedding and when we moved into our new home, we could not think of a better person than Sheila to provide such a special, thoughtful, uniquely-created home blessing for us on 9/20/19. Sheila put such great effort and love to ask us what we would like to have in a home blessing as well as continue to hear all about our lives after our wedding as she truly cares about each and every person she has met and/or worked with. The home blessing could not have been thought up any better with many tears of joy and emotion from our close family and friends that evening of our blessing and the absolute joy and gratitude all of our close family and friends felt for being a part of it! Sheila is second to none!

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Brian and Viviane

Brian Lodato · Married on 09/07/2019

We couldn't have asked for a better ceremony

Words cannot describe how happy we are with Sheila. From our first conversations to meeting via skype because she worked around our busy schedule, to her helping us with every step of the ceremony she was unbelievable. Her words are beautiful and the way she incorporated our children into the ceremony was priceless. I can't tell you how many people came up to us during the reception raving about Sheila. There was not a dry eye in the place after she was done. She spoke about us and to us as if she'd known us for 30 years. I can't say enough good things about her. If you need an officiant, you don't have to look any further. If she's available grab her!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Alyssa Pasquarella · Married on 09/07/2019

Something to treasure forever...

Sheila married my husband and I in 2017 and our ceremony was absolutely amazing. We have friends and family to this day that still tell us it was the most unique and beautiful wedding ceremony they had ever been to. Fast forward 2 years later and we asked Sheila if she did baby blessings as we are not “religious”. To our pleasant surprise, Sheila said yes! The little blessing ceremony that she put together with us was perfect and something we will treasure for the rest of our lives and our daughter’s life. What Sheila does is truly unique and one of a kind and we could not have asked for anything more. We cannot thank her enough for being part of such special events in our lives and for creating extremely memorable moments that we will never forget.

Sent on 09/22/2019

Annelise Whitley · Married on 08/24/2019

Beautiful Personalized Wedding Ceremony!!!

Sheila worked with us to create a beautiful personalized ceremony for my now husband and I, despite not being available on the day of to deliver it. Shelia went above and beyond to then set us up with another wonderful officiant (Jody Long) who delivered the ceremony Sheila had written. It was perfect and had all of the magic that Sheila promised. She was a joy to work with, flexible and nurturing — coaching us through the process of getting our marriage license, writing our vows and creating the flow of our wedding. A week later we are still getting calls from friends and family about how touched they were by the experience! If you have the opportunity to work with Sheila I would absolutely recommend it!

Sent on 09/02/2019

Danielle Didomizio · Married on 08/16/2019

Everything we asked for and more!

Sheila was an absolute pleasure to work with. From the moment we first talked to her, we could tell that she loves what she does. My fiancé (now husband!) and I met her at her home and spoke to her for two hours about our relationship and what we wanted for our ceremony. It honestly felt like talking to a long-time friend. We are not religious so we were a bit nervous about the ceremony considering we had never seen a non-religious ceremony before. Sheila immediately put us at ease and wrote an amazing and very personal ceremony. She made sure that both of felt included in the process and wrote the ceremony in a way to keep our guests involved and engaged. We got so many compliments about how the ceremony was beautiful and perfectly “us”.

Another amazing thing about working with Sheila, is that she is really on top of things. She would text/email my fiancé and I to see how we were doing on our vows, if we got our license, etc. which is great when you are planning a wedding and have a million other things on your mind!

Sheila also told us upfront that she would be out of town the day of our wedding but has someone she works with (Lucie) who was available to perform the ceremony. Sheila went through the entire ceremony with her and it all worked out really well.

Sent on 09/24/2019

Jim Okeefe · Married on 08/11/2019

A wedding officiant far above the rest

Only Rev. Sheila could have performed our marriage ceremony on August 11 with such care and genuine warmth. Since Monica and I meet with Sheila I person plus numerous calls, she was able to truly tell our story of how we met and fell in love while including “everyone” in the ceremony.

Sent on 08/22/2019

Roman · Married on 07/15/2019

Outstanding!

Just when you thought the moment couldn’t be any more special Sheila managed to break that threshold and prove us otherwise. What an amazing experience! Highly recommend to any couple looking for the proper elevated experience.

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 07/05/2019

A breath of fresh air

Sheila is an absolute joy to work with and a true professional. From the moment I first spoke with her, I knew she was our officiant. She’s the kind of person that you can talk to for hours (and we did!!) and completely lose track of time with. From our first meeting, we were put at ease, and felt that her effervescent and unique personality fit us to a T. My (now) husband and I are from different religious backgrounds and wanted to pay tribute to both in our ceremony. Sheila was seamlessly able to blend Jewish and Catholic traditions while still performing a beautiful, personal, nondenominational ceremony. We couldn’t be more pleased working with her and are sure to recommend her to everyone we know looking for a ceremony that’s as special and unique to them as Sheila is to us!

Sent on 07/12/2019
  • Michael

Michael Frommer · Married on 06/22/2019

Unforgettable!

When it comes to having the wedding of your dreams, I would highly suggest you including Shelia in your special day. She could have not made our day any more memorable.
    From start to finish, working with Shelia was a delight. In all reality, we only met with Shelia a month or so before our wedding and I could not believe the ceremony she performed for us. The details were very in depth and we felt like we knew her forever and she knew our WHOLE story.
    The way she explained our story and our love for each other made it very intimate. Most importantly, she included our FIVE children in our ceremony, and that I have to say was very important to the both of us.
    Sheila, thank you so much for making our day unforgettable! I know other couples will be just as delighted and LUCKY as we were and to STILL have you in our lives.

Sent on 07/08/2019

Ana · Married on 06/14/2019

The best part of my wedding day

If you want your wedding ceremony to be unforgettable, there is no one better than Sheila. She did our ceremony for our 6/14/19 wedding and it was definitely one for the books! My husband and I didn't want a religious ceremony, but we did want it to be personal and intimate - to tell the story of us. Sheila spent almost 6 hours with us collectively to get to know us - what we love about each other, how we met, etc. She took the time to get to really each of us on a personal level and it showed in the fantastic ceremony that she performed for us. She handled all the details and planning for the entire ceremony - I didn't have to worry about a thing. She was so kind, warm, caring, responsive, helpful, calming throughout the entire process and that day wouldn't have been the same without her. I wish I could have another wedding just so I could hire her to marry us again! I love that, with her, it wasn't a scripted day - it was unique and special and she involved all of our guests from start to finish! DO NOT LOOK ANYWHERE ELSE - Sheila is the absolute best!!
    Mr. & Mrs. Morales

Sent on 06/28/2019

Nicole Chasan · Married on 06/09/2019

A wonderful ceremony that is personal, memorable, and special

Sheila is fantastic -- she is deeply committed to creating a personal, touching ceremony that you’ll remember forever. She was able to bring our love story to life in such a beautiful way. Our family and friends cannot stop raving about how amazingly thoughtful and moving our ceremony was, and many asked how long we had known Sheila. The answer surprised them - not long! She really took the time to get to know each of us individually and as a couple, and then conveyed our story with such warmth and emotion it seemed like she had known us since childhood. We highly recommend Sheila if you are looking for a ceremony that is personal, memorable, and special!

Sent on 11/22/2019
  • Madeline

Madeline Griep · Married on 05/24/2019

The perfect intimate ceremony!

Sheila caught us all off guard! Of course we were confident that she would do a wonderful job of officiating, based off of her great reviews, but she far exceeded our expectations. We had 12 people attend our ceremony, and Sheila made sure that each one of them played a part in sending us off as husband and wife. She described our relationship perfectly, adding her own personality to our memories, creating a beautiful story for us all to share. We truly cannot thank Sheila enough for how perfect that day turned out. She even referred a wonderful photographer to us! Though our family may be biased, they said this was the best ceremony they ever attended. Thank you Sheila!!!!! xoxoxo

Sent on 06/12/2019

Adrian Cambrun · Married on 05/23/2019

Amazing and very caring

Sheila was absolutely amazing, she officiated such a beautiful ceremony. From the moment we met her , we just knew how much she cared about her work and about us. She made everything so unique and personal. I 100% recommend her. The best of the best!

Sent on 05/24/2019

Akshay-Josephine · Married on 05/06/2019

Best officiant ever!!!

Me and my wife were looking for someone get us married, we wanted a really small marriage, nothing special BUT Rev. Sheila made our big day very special, even there were a very small number of friends who attended the ceremony but she made it very special and heart touching. We highly recommend her and just wanna say she’s the best!

Sent on 05/08/2019

S Campos · Married on 01/12/2019

Exceeded our expectations in every way!

What can I say! Sheila was perfect - timely communication wrote a ceremony that was way beyond our expectations. If you haven't booked an officiant yet, run and get on her calendar.

Sent on 01/22/2020

Rosa · Married on 11/17/2018

Story of Us

Being a non-religious couple, my husband and I initially struggled to find an officiant that offered an unique yet spiritual ceremony. We really wanted the ceremony to celebrate our story, but wasn't sure how to do it in a way that felt natural and true to us. We eventually got in touch with Sheila after a recommendation from our planner, and it was like finding a long lost friend from the first moment we spoke to her on the phone.

Sheila graciously invited us to her home for our first meeting, and she proceeded to spend over 2 hours getting to know us, our story, and all the little anecdotes that brought us to where we were. She asked questions that no one has ever asked us, and we both learned things about each other that we never even knew before (and we've been together for a LONG time). She was respectful of our wishes, but offered valuable suggestions on how to make our vows one of a kind. By the end of the first meeting, she was able to craft a personalized ceremony that incorporated all the little things that made us 'us'.

She continued to check up on us throughout our engagement, and followed up with our planner to nail down all the little details. On the day of the wedding, she was calm, professional, and made sure all those involved in the ceremony knew exactly what to do. She delivered the most touching and beautiful ceremony filled with special surprises not just for our guests, but for us as well.

To this day we still have friends and family telling us how unique and wonderful the ceremony was. And we will always cherish the memory we have with her. Thanks Sheila!

Sent on 12/28/2018
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 10/20/2018

Would make a stone weep with joy and love

There are not enough people like Sheila in this world. Someone who truly gets to know the couple on a deeper level than even some friends, and write your love story and feelings into a ceremony that would have anyone in tears. Never before have so many guests come to me and said how much they loved the ceremony as a highlight of the evening. if you are looking to have someone share how much you love your partner, and be able to express that love to your friends and family, look no further than Sheila

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • W

William · Married on 08/18/2018

We are forever grateful for finding Sheila and making a new life friend in the process. From the start, there was zero pressure to go with her services, she genuinely just loves meeting couples and learning about your love story. Sheila will go out of her way to meet you at your convenience and hours will fly by as you feel like you're catching up with an old friend. Moving onto and leading up to our wedding day, she made us feel confident we were in good hands as she confirmed all details leading up to the day, and including the day of. Sheila performed a beautiful ceremony for us. She tastefully got everyone interacting in the ceremony as well. Even after the wedding, she was a conversation for us with many of our guests, and will always be thankful for getting to know her. If you are looking for someone that will genuinely take her time to know you and share your story and customize from start to finish your ceremony, not your generic officiant reading usual verses or prayers... look no further, Sheila will deliver. Thank you Sheila! Winnie & William 08/18/18

Sent on 08/28/2018