253 Reviews for All Faiths Ceremonies by Dr. Sheila Gay Gross

Jewish (3)
Civil Union (1)
Methodist (1)
253 All Faiths Ceremonies by Dr. Sheila Gay Gross Reviews

My husband and I got married in November and we used Sheila Gross for our ceremony and it was so magical. She really took the time to get to know us and our story. Her dedication made our ceremony so special and it exceeded all our hopes and dreams for that day. Not only do we love her but ALL of our guest still can’t stop talking about her and how amazing she is. Thank you Sheila!

Profile Picture Christi , 11/19/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

In the planning of our wedding the most significant element in my perspective was the ceremony. I absolutely felt as long as we have the ritual part of the marriage covered everything else would fall in place.
We did indeed find SHEILA FIRST. My fiance is Jewish and I am of no religious background in particular. That said, we wanted to have some elements of my fiance's ancestors present. I am a spiritual person and practitioner and Sheila is the most gifted at creating a magical, meaningful, spiritual space where all of our loved ones felt included and inspired.
Sheila interviewed us at length and delved into many areas of our lives both as a couple and before we met. The ceremony was full of rich, meaningful details that uniquely represented our partnership. So delighted we are with this wonderfully professional and complete package that Sheila brings to the alter!

Photo for All Faiths Ceremonies by Dr. Sheila Gay Gross Review
Profile Picture Vanessa, 10/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Sheila is an incredible person and we feel blessed to have had the pleasure to work with her. After our initial contact, Sheila welcomed us into her home in Asbury Park so we could all get to know each other. We got to talking, ended up staying for over 2 hours, and by the end we felt like long lost friends! She has a way of just making you and everything around you feel at ease. We opened up to her about things that should have been difficult to talk about, but she made it easy. She encouraged us to write our own vows, which we were both hesitant to do at first, but we both really enjoyed the process and can't thank her enough for that. My husband and I are not very religious, but we knew we wanted our wedding ceremony to be meaningful and to show all of our love, happiness and joy. Sheila was able to capture that and so much more. It was so personal, loving, and emotional (in all the good ways!). There were tears, laughs, cheers, but the whole room was just filled with so much love. She was able to incorporate so many people who are important to us, and at certain times, even everyone was involved. We still keep hearing from our family and friends how beautiful and special the ceremony was. It was truly magical. Sheila, from the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU!!!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/21/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling, Civil Union

A big thank you to Sheila for a magnificent job on our wedding ceremony, which isn't in fact a job. It's passion transformed into art, love transform into words, words transformed into genuineness. Sheila loves what she does and it shows. So thank you Sheila, for creating a ceremony so amazing, so unique, so lovely, that everyone is still saying "It's the best wedding I've ever attended!" You truly are the best! :)

Profile Picture Helaine, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Working with Sheila on our wedding ceremony was an amazing experience. We wanted something that was unique to us as a couple with slight nods to our backgrounds and Sheila guided us every step of the way. We met with her at her home a few times to get to know each other and to write the ceremony together and it always felt like visiting an old friend. Never before have I heard so many people talk about how much they loved the ceremony and it was the talk of our wedding. She helped take what was already such a special day and made it even better. Our wedding date was her own anniversary and she still spent the day with us.

In short -- I wouldn't change anything about our ceremony or the process. It was an incredible experience and Sheila ensured that we were taken care of and felt comfortable every step of the way. I would reach out to her right away!

Profile Picture Emer, 9/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

What can we say? Sheila was amazing... from the moment we met with her we knew our ceremony was going to be something unique, different and unforgettable. Sheila listened to our story and our requests and put together the most beautiful ceremony that told our story. The first thing almost all of our guests said to us when we arrived at cocktail hour was that our ceremony was the most beautiful and touching ceremonies they had ever been a part of. Sheila did an amazing job incorporating the guests into the ceremony and truly made it one of a kind. We cannot thank Sheila enough for her guidance and for being part of our special day. If you are looking for an officiant, look no further!!!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 9/3/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling, Non-religious

There are not enough positive words to describe Sheila and just how thankful we are to have found her. Sheila has become more than our officiant, she's someone we hold close to our hearts and plan to stay in touch with forever. When I first started looking for an officiant my biggest fear was not being able to find someone my husband and I connected with, but after meeting Sheila we were immediately put at ease. She welcomed us into her home and spent hours chatting with us. By the time we left we felt like we knew her our entire lives.

Sheila went above and beyond what is required of an officiant. To give you an example of how much she cares, she invited us to her home a second time once we got closer to the wedding. She knew I'd been feeling stressed coordinating all the last minute details for the wedding and when we arrived she had my favorite flowers standing in a vase for me. I was so touched by her thoughtfulness.

The actual ceremony was better than anything we could have ever imagined. My husband was raised Jewish and I was raised Christian, but we consider ourselves to be more spiritual than religious and wanted the ceremony to reflect that. Sheila seamlessly intertwined symbolism from each of our backgrounds while not focusing on anything religious, and perfectly conveyed the essence of who we are individually and as a couple. Our guests couldn't stop raving about how much they loved it. People that I didn't know to be emotional told me they were moved to tears. Plainly stated, she really did an outstanding job and I couldn't be more grateful to have found her.

Profile Picture Tara, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

When my wife and I were getting set for our August 2017 wedding, we were eager to find the perfect officiant for our ceremony. Neither of us are religiously inclined, but both on the spiritual side - my wife moreso. It was a daunting task, as we were working from no experience, but when we met Sheila in December 2016, we knew she was the one.
That first day with Sheila was like meeting a long, lost close friend for the first time. We spent hours in her home just getting to know each other and speaking at length about our backgrounds and respective spiritual views. We ran through a rough outline of how Sheila’s ceremonies go and went over some specifics that we wanted included and omitted. Sheila was of course incredibly understanding and comforting, and assured us that everything would be exactly to our liking.

We kept in touch throughout the year and met for a second time at Sheila’s in late June 2017, where much to our pleasant surprise, she greeted us with my wife’s favorite flowers! A small gesture, but it spoke volumes to how in tune Sheila was with us and how caring of a person she is. We spent several hours catching up and ironing out some final details for the ceremony, assuaging any last minute jitters and concerns we both may have had.
The day of the wedding was magical. Sheila catered the entire ceremony to our liking & included a number of personal, unorthodox touches that really sweetened the day. We both had large wedding parties, and have several close friends who we wanted to have play an elevated role in our day. On Sheila’s recommendation, we had 3 of our closest say some words from the alter, a personal touch that moved both of us tremendously and has stuck with us since then. The beauty of the ceremony was that the love we felt between each other permeated throughout all of our guests. To this day nearly 4 months after our wedding, we still have people telling us how moved they were by the ceremony and how much they loved Sheila’s service.

Profile Picture Max, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Shiela was amazing! She spent alot of time with me and my husband, to really get to know us and make a ceremony that was personal and special to us.

Profile Picture Jessica , 8/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Where to start with Sheila... from beginning to end, everything about our experience was perfect! We first met with Sheila in her home to have a conversation and get to know each other. By the end, she felt more like a friend than a vendor. She truly got to know us as a couple and made our ceremony incredibly personal and special. Our guests laughed and cried and felt truly included. Months later, and we are still being told that our ceremony was the best any of our guests had ever seen! One of our friends even approached Sheila during cocktail hour to officiate her own wedding since she loved ours so much. It was the perfect blend of our personalities, our two religions, and our families. I really cannot say enough good things about Sheila--if you want a ceremony that is entertaining, heartfelt, and al about YOUR story, Sheila is the one for you!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/4/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Jewish, No Denomination, Interfaith Ceremony

Sheila is by far the most warming officiant we met, we knew the moment we sat down with her, that she would marry us! She is so accommodating and responsive to all of our needs. We were married on July 23rd, it was the most beautiful, emotional, touching ceremony. Both my husband & I & our guests just loved every minute of it! We still hear from our guests of how wonderful and personal our ceremont was. I'm so excited to watch our wedding video and keep this memory forever. We are so honored to have met Sheila, and will cherish the relationship with her. I hope to see her in the near future, and most definitely look forward to her blessing our future children

Profile Picture Alessandra, 7/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Hello my name is Jimmy and I Wanted to come on here and share how special Shelia Gross made myself and my wife feel on our wedding day and the months leading up to it. We sat with Shelia a few months before our wedding and right from the start we knew she was the one for us. She made us feel so warm inside and so welcome while we sat with her and went over everything. Never in my life have I ever been so impressed and emotionally charged but what Shelia was able to produce for us.
My brother is currently serving in the Marines and is over in South Korea so not having him be at my wedding was one of the hardest things ever. Shelia who is just so special to me and my wife forever, went and reached out to my brother over seas and spoke directly with him so he could share some words with us at the wedding and make it feel like he was there even if it was for just a little bit. Needless to say 150 crying eyes later and 2 more with me and my wife Shelia was able to bring my brother Tommy from the front lines in South Korea right to Rivervale NJ at the Florentine Gardens. Shelia just went over and beyond for us and guest after guest after guest telling me how powerful and special it was. With myself being an Italian catholic and my wife being Jewish she was able to capture both religions in just 30 minutes and never swayed to one side. She captured the crowd like I had never seen before at any wedding ever. I recommend Shelia to anyone not just bc she did an amazing job at the wedding but bc she's An amazing person and cares so deeply about what she does and makes you feel so warm inside. I can't say this enough that Shelia set the tone for our whole day and we are forever grateful to have found her!!!!

We love you Shelia!!!!

Love Jimmy Sarah and little Aedan Korsgen

Profile Picture Jimmy , 7/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We knew Sheila would be our officiant from the moment we met her. Sheila is a joyful, positive person, and you sense it from the first hello. Throughout the entire experience, Sheila got to know us, and we were lucky to get to know her as well. We quickly became friends - family even! You will not get a cookie-cutter type of experience with Sheila, as she makes certain that your wedding script is 100% personal to you, making it quite an intimate experience for all those present. Sheila was flawless in her delivery and we loved that she found her own way to incorporate all of our weddings guests in the most simple yet meaningful ways.

Profile Picture Leslie, 7/1/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling, No Denomination

If you're looking for the PERFECT wedding officiant, look no further than Sheila! Unlike most other wedding officiants, Sheila spends time with you, gets to know you on a personal level, and even gets to know your closest loved ones to make your big day extra special. What my wife and I liked the most about her was that she made the wedding about us and our love, as it should be. My grandparents, my parents, my mom's seven brothers and sisters, and many of my cousins have been married by the same bishop in the same church for over 50 years! My wife and I were nervous going the less conventional route for a catholic family by being married outside by someone outside of the church, but it's what fits our beliefs and personalities. We are both so happy we did because we absolutely loved it and so did all of my relatives! Thank you, Sheila!

Profile Picture Marc, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I were struggling trying to decide who should perform our ceremony. Both of our families are from a conservative Catholic tradition, and nobody in either family had ever been married outside the Catholic Church before. We are both much more spiritual than dogmatic in our beliefs, and wanted our ceremony to be a reflection of who we are as individuals and as a couple, and a wedding inside a Church simply could not provide that for us.
I met Sheila at a bridal show, of all things, in Asbury Park. I immediately sensed a connection with her and quickly set up a meeting for her, my husband, and me to meet. We expected our first meeting with Sheila to be the typical 20 minute meeting in which she would tell us her pricing and what a typical ceremony looks like. We were so wrong! We ended up sitting in her home for over 2 hours as she got to know us and our values. She told us that she does not design the ceremony until she knows the couple first. That's how it should be! That first meeting was more like a couples' counseling session than anything else. When we left her that evening, my husband even turned to me and said, "I think I love you even more now after that."
Our ceremony was absolutely perfect! She included aspects of our personalities, experiences together, values, and spirituality into the ceremony to make it unique and special. Even though our families are very conservative and Catholic, they all continue to rave about the ceremony and how personal it was. If you are looking for an officiant, but are worried about not getting married within the confines of your given religion I urge you to seek out Sheila! She has her doctoral degree in Theology and can therefore pull from whatever traditions you relate to. You will not be disappointed!!
We love Sheila so much, and are so happy we found her!

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Sheila just recently married my wife and I in New Jersey and from the very first meeting with her we knew we didn't want anyone else for the job. She went far above and beyond what we asked of her to make our day special for everyone, not just us. She really did her homework in getting to know us to make sure that our ceremony was perfect form us. Every time we had any questions leading up to the wedding she was right here with us. She has been in contact with us even after the wedding to ask about our honeymoon and how we are doing. She genuinely cares about her clients and builds a real relationship with the people that she shares these priceless moments with. If anyone can make your wedding day exactly how you want it to be and more, it would be Sheila.

-Eric

Profile Picture Eric, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

From the moment we sat down with Sheila we knew she was the perfect officiant for us. Sheila has such a beautiful soul and when she speaks, everyone can feel her words. Our ceremony was perfect and it's because of all of the time and love she put into it.

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We had the pleasure of meeting Sheila at a wedding expo and the connection we had with her was palpable. Sheila spent countless hours getting to know our families, our background and story of our relationship and cultivated a truly memorable and emotion-filled ceremony for our wedding. Sheila showed genuine interest in our love and providing a ceremony our family and friends would not only remember for years to come but also to set the tone of love for the entire evening.

She met with us on more than one occasion to go through our love story, made herself available at any moment through the process to assist us with any questions, spent even more time assisting us in reviewing and fine-tuning our wedding vows and truly put together a beautiful ceremony.

Sheila was a pleasure to work with and I highly encourage any future couples to use her service. Her ability to create a unique and tailored ceremony for your wedding and the time she will invest in getting to know each couple, help them along the way and deliver a flawless and most importantly, all-inclusive ceremony of all wedding guests has to be second to none. I know there was not a dry eye at our wedding and we received so many compliments about Sheila and how special and unique the ceremony was compared to most weddings.

Profile Picture Alan, 6/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I cannot even put into words how AMAZING Sheila is. She married my brother 9 years ago, and I remembered what an amazing ceremony it was, so we had to track her down again. I'm so glad we did!!! She is absolutely phenomenal in every way. From day 1, Nick and I felt a connection with her that I never anticipated. We spent 3.5 hours talking; she wants to know everything about your relationship and she truly tried to get to know us beyond the superficial aspects. She even checked in every once in a while just to see how we were doing in the months leading up to the ceremony. If you need her to help writing vows, should you decide to write your own, she has a way with words and describing love that completely moves your soul. Nick and I wrote our own without her help, but she is definitely there for inspiration and guidance should you need her. Our ceremony was so special and so personalized, tying both our interfaith backgrounds coherently into a spiritual, inclusive, loving celebration. Our guests were equally as impressed. I heard nothing but praise from our friends and family about how this was the "best ceremony they've been to," or rather, been a part of -- because Sheila makes a point to include everyone in the nuptials. She may be a bit pricy compared to others, but TRUST ME, she is worth every penny and more! Our day wouldn't have been as special without her

Profile Picture Jeramie, 5/28/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed, Interfaith Ceremony

We heard about Sheila from a family friend. We were originally just looking for a simple officiant. However, after talking to Sheila it became very clear that we wanted an officiant who could make the whole ceremony special and about our love, and that's EXACTLY what she did. We did all of the coordinating long distance. The first calls were while I was overseas and the actual meet and greet was over Skype since my wife and I live in Texas. She gave us a ton of helpful hints and tips which ended up making our wedding that much more special. She took the conversation with us and used it to make a very unique and special ceremony that guests are still raving about. Everybody said the ceremony was the best they'd ever seen. We cannot recommend Sheila highly enough!

Profile Picture Marisa, 5/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

If you want a personalized ceremony, to truly express yourselves and show your love for each other and your family,Sheila is the one. She listens to who you are and what you want for your wedding. Sheila is amazing,

Profile Picture Cindy, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My fiancé (now wife) and I are very particular people. We wanted a custom ceremony, that was delicate given some "unusualness" but at the same time, preserve the classic and authenticity of what a marriage was and is. Dr. Gross delivered "EXACTLY" - and we meant that very much, exactly as we asked for and described to her. She puts the couple first!

Profile Picture Richie, 3/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband grew up in a very strict Jewish household and I went to Catholic school; needless to say, very different backgrounds. As a couple, we are very spiritual and participate in religious holidays with our families, but are not religious ourselves. We found Sheila 4 years ago when looking for an officiant to perform our wedding ceremony. We were under a lot of pressure from both families and became incredibly stressed. Our first meeting with Sheila lifted a huge weight off of our shoulders. She spent time getting to know us and understanding our difficult situation. Over the course of a few months, she helped us to see how we could create a beautiful ceremony that honored both of our backgrounds and traditions in a unique way. Every one of the 260 people at our wedding had tears in their eyes when they came up to us throughout the night, saying it was the most amazing ceremony they'd ever been to!

We are blessed to say that since then Sheila has remained a big part of our lives, which is why a ceremony with her was the natural choice to welcome our new baby boy into the world. A few weeks ago, Sheila performed a Baby Blessing ceremony for our son. Once again, she created an incredible ceremony that infused aspects of both our families' traditions, while not making anyone feel uncomfortable (not an easy accomplishment with our families).

Sheila performed our wedding and our son's Baby Blessing, but we have also attended weddings she has officiated for friends of ours (that we referred her to). Sheila is an incredibly warm and loving woman who goes above and beyond to create unique and personalized ceremonies. It is a honor to work with Sheila and I recommend her without hesitation.

Profile Picture Jenna, 1/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

One of the first and best decisions we made regarding our wedding ceremony was to include Sheila Gross. Over the span of just shy of a year she has become so much more than a wedding officiant, she has become a friend. Her presence is warm, sincere, compassionate, lovely and all of that with the right amount of humor. With her process, we created a personally tailored ceremony that was just right for us. Adjectives used by our friends and family to describe it was “real, genuine, warm, relaxed”. If you are looking for a ceremony that reflects you as individuals and as a couple and will include warm laughter and happy tears, look no further, Sheila is “the one”.

Profile Picture Deb, 11/12/16, 1 Review