All Faiths Ceremonies by Reverend Dr. Sheila Gay Gross Reviews

All Faiths Ceremonies by Reverend Dr. Sheila Gay Gross 7
  • Becca

Becca Urtnowski · Getting married on 11/03/2019

BEYOND pleasant experience with Dr. Gross

I cannot express my gratitude towards Dr. Gross. I emailed her with tricky situation and she went WELL above and beyond to make my dreams possible. Her kindness and willingness to help is truly amazing. I cant thank you enough. This review is based off the phone conversation we had today and I would recommend her to anyone based off this conversations alone. You can tell instantly she puts her heart into her work .

Sent on 05/31/2019

Roman · Married on 07/15/2019

Outstanding!

Just when you thought the moment couldn’t be any more special Sheila managed to break that threshold and prove us otherwise. What an amazing experience! Highly recommend to any couple looking for the proper elevated experience.

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 07/05/2019

A breath of fresh air

Sheila is an absolute joy to work with and a true professional. From the moment I first spoke with her, I knew she was our officiant. She’s the kind of person that you can talk to for hours (and we did!!) and completely lose track of time with. From our first meeting, we were put at ease, and felt that her effervescent and unique personality fit us to a T. My (now) husband and I are from different religious backgrounds and wanted to pay tribute to both in our ceremony. Sheila was seamlessly able to blend Jewish and Catholic traditions while still performing a beautiful, personal, nondenominational ceremony. We couldn’t be more pleased working with her and are sure to recommend her to everyone we know looking for a ceremony that’s as special and unique to them as Sheila is to us!

Sent on 07/12/2019
    All Faiths Ceremonies by Reverend Dr. Sheila Gay Gross 8
  • Michael

Michael Frommer · Married on 06/22/2019

Unforgettable!

When it comes to having the wedding of your dreams, I would highly suggest you including Shelia in your special day. She could have not made our day any more memorable.
    From start to finish, working with Shelia was a delight. In all reality, we only met with Shelia a month or so before our wedding and I could not believe the ceremony she performed for us. The details were very in depth and we felt like we knew her forever and she knew our WHOLE story.
    The way she explained our story and our love for each other made it very intimate. Most importantly, she included our FIVE children in our ceremony, and that I have to say was very important to the both of us.
    Sheila, thank you so much for making our day unforgettable! I know other couples will be just as delighted and LUCKY as we were and to STILL have you in our lives.

Sent on 07/08/2019

Ana · Married on 06/14/2019

The best part of my wedding day

If you want your wedding ceremony to be unforgettable, there is no one better than Sheila. She did our ceremony for our 6/14/19 wedding and it was definitely one for the books! My husband and I didn't want a religious ceremony, but we did want it to be personal and intimate - to tell the story of us. Sheila spent almost 6 hours with us collectively to get to know us - what we love about each other, how we met, etc. She took the time to get to really each of us on a personal level and it showed in the fantastic ceremony that she performed for us. She handled all the details and planning for the entire ceremony - I didn't have to worry about a thing. She was so kind, warm, caring, responsive, helpful, calming throughout the entire process and that day wouldn't have been the same without her. I wish I could have another wedding just so I could hire her to marry us again! I love that, with her, it wasn't a scripted day - it was unique and special and she involved all of our guests from start to finish! DO NOT LOOK ANYWHERE ELSE - Sheila is the absolute best!!
    Mr. & Mrs. Morales

Sent on 06/28/2019
  • Madeline

Madeline Griep · Married on 05/24/2019

The perfect intimate ceremony!

Sheila caught us all off guard! Of course we were confident that she would do a wonderful job of officiating, based off of her great reviews, but she far exceeded our expectations. We had 12 people attend our ceremony, and Sheila made sure that each one of them played a part in sending us off as husband and wife. She described our relationship perfectly, adding her own personality to our memories, creating a beautiful story for us all to share. We truly cannot thank Sheila enough for how perfect that day turned out. She even referred a wonderful photographer to us! Though our family may be biased, they said this was the best ceremony they ever attended. Thank you Sheila!!!!! xoxoxo

Sent on 06/12/2019

Adrian Cambrun · Married on 05/23/2019

Amazing and very caring

Sheila was absolutely amazing, she officiated such a beautiful ceremony. From the moment we met her , we just knew how much she cared about her work and about us. She made everything so unique and personal. I 100% recommend her. The best of the best!

Sent on 05/24/2019

Akshay-Josephine · Married on 05/06/2019

Best officiant ever!!!

Me and my wife were looking for someone get us married, we wanted a really small marriage, nothing special BUT Rev. Sheila made our big day very special, even there were a very small number of friends who attended the ceremony but she made it very special and heart touching. We highly recommend her and just wanna say she’s the best!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Rosa · Married on 11/17/2018

Story of Us

Being a non-religious couple, my husband and I initially struggled to find an officiant that offered an unique yet spiritual ceremony. We really wanted the ceremony to celebrate our story, but wasn't sure how to do it in a way that felt natural and true to us. We eventually got in touch with Sheila after a recommendation from our planner, and it was like finding a long lost friend from the first moment we spoke to her on the phone.

Sheila graciously invited us to her home for our first meeting, and she proceeded to spend over 2 hours getting to know us, our story, and all the little anecdotes that brought us to where we were. She asked questions that no one has ever asked us, and we both learned things about each other that we never even knew before (and we've been together for a LONG time). She was respectful of our wishes, but offered valuable suggestions on how to make our vows one of a kind. By the end of the first meeting, she was able to craft a personalized ceremony that incorporated all the little things that made us 'us'.

She continued to check up on us throughout our engagement, and followed up with our planner to nail down all the little details. On the day of the wedding, she was calm, professional, and made sure all those involved in the ceremony knew exactly what to do. She delivered the most touching and beautiful ceremony filled with special surprises not just for our guests, but for us as well.

To this day we still have friends and family telling us how unique and wonderful the ceremony was. And we will always cherish the memory we have with her. Thanks Sheila!

Sent on 12/28/2018
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 10/20/2018

Would make a stone weep with joy and love

There are not enough people like Sheila in this world. Someone who truly gets to know the couple on a deeper level than even some friends, and write your love story and feelings into a ceremony that would have anyone in tears. Never before have so many guests come to me and said how much they loved the ceremony as a highlight of the evening. if you are looking to have someone share how much you love your partner, and be able to express that love to your friends and family, look no further than Sheila

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • W

William · Married on 08/18/2018

We are forever grateful for finding Sheila and making a new life friend in the process. From the start, there was zero pressure to go with her services, she genuinely just loves meeting couples and learning about your love story. Sheila will go out of her way to meet you at your convenience and hours will fly by as you feel like you're catching up with an old friend. Moving onto and leading up to our wedding day, she made us feel confident we were in good hands as she confirmed all details leading up to the day, and including the day of. Sheila performed a beautiful ceremony for us. She tastefully got everyone interacting in the ceremony as well. Even after the wedding, she was a conversation for us with many of our guests, and will always be thankful for getting to know her. If you are looking for someone that will genuinely take her time to know you and share your story and customize from start to finish your ceremony, not your generic officiant reading usual verses or prayers... look no further, Sheila will deliver. Thank you Sheila! Winnie & William 08/18/18

Sent on 08/28/2018
    All Faiths Ceremonies by Reverend Dr. Sheila Gay Gross 9
    All Faiths Ceremonies by Reverend Dr. Sheila Gay Gross 10
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 07/25/2018

Dream ceremony!!!!!

No need to look any further, Sheila is all you need!!! I opted out of a traditional church wedding and wanted a spiritual personal feel. I was then recommended to her by a close friend. From the first phone conversation I immediately knew I was going to hire this lovely soul! Upon our first meeting we spent hours with Sheila, she truly took the time to get to know us and personalize our story.

Our ceremony was unforgettable, she captured our love story! All of our family and guests were apart of it, and were captivated by Sheilas gift! We are still receiving compliments on how beautiful our ceremony was and how they had never been to anything like it. She is worth every penny!! Remembers you are not just paying for a basic half hour ceremony, you are paying for Sheilas countless hour she takes out of her time to really give you and your guests an experience! She really makes sure she captures every detail! She will always be apart of our life.. Sheila is a wonderful, loving, magnetic, professional, and truly gifted person!! Thank for making my wedding dreams come true!!!!.

Sent on 05/09/2019

Jessica · Married on 07/20/2018

My husband and I both saw Sheila perform my cousin's wedding ceremony, and were in love with the intimate, personal, and loving ceremony she created for them. So, once we became engaged, we knew who we had to call her in as our officiant. From the start, Sheila will take hours to get to know you and your significant other as a couple. She takes notes during your initial meeting, and crafts a ceremony that is unique and represents you as a couple. She was always available via email or cell to answer any questions I had along the way. On the day of our wedding, their wasn't a dry eye in the room. Our ceremony was beautiful, romantic, and completely captured who we are as a couple. During the cocktail hour, people raved about our ceremony, and how special it was. After our wedding, she even called to check in on us! If you are looking for a ceremony that will be one-of-a-kind and unique to your special day, look no further! Sheila is the BEST!!!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Erin · Married on 06/23/2018

From the moment we first spoke to Sheila, we knew that she was different. My wife and I had interviewed four other potential officiants before we found Sheila, and we were very turned off by the impersonal, business-like attitude the other companies possessed. After we spoke to Sheila briefly on the phone to set up a face-to-face meeting, the rest was history. One of the main differences is that Sheila is not a 'company' - it's just her. When my wife and I first visited Sheila at her home, we ended up staying for almost four hours! We were laughing and crying throughout the night as Sheila asked us questions about our relationship and took the time to know us and learn about our love story. She genuinely cares about the couples who come to her and is very serious about creating a one-of-a-kind ceremony for each couple. She ended up creating an extremely personal and unique ceremony for us, filled with special surprises for our families and our guests. My wife is Irish-Catholic and I was raised Jewish but neither of us wanted a religious ceremony because we preferred something more spiritual and love-centered. Sheila did not dissapoint. Every single person who attended our wedding came up to us and said it was the most extraordinary, beautiful ceremony they had ever witnessed. People were talking about it weeks after the wedding was over. I cannot state enough how amazing Sheila is! She was always available for us through e-mail or phone whenever we had questions about anything leading up to our wedding, not just regarding our ceremony. My wife and I wrote our own vows and Sheila was always willing to help us with her ideas and guidance. She has been through hundreds of weddings at this point so her input and advice was invaluable to us. She ended up becoming a close friend and will remain a friend to us for the rest of our lives. She is creative, silly, calming, and wise and we are so, so grateful to have found her for our wedding. Thank you Sheila!!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Benjamin · Married on 06/16/2018

If you are looking for a personable, unique, and truly beautiful ceremony, Sheila is your officiant! Sheila performed our wedding on June 16, 2018 and we are still getting calls from our guests telling us that we had the nicest ceremony they've ever seen. She really got to know us and our story, and was able to capture our history perfectly. She was able to draw out emotions from not only us, but our wedding party, and all the guests in attendance. I highly highly recommend

Sent on 06/24/2018

Barbara · Married on 04/20/2018

This woman made my day the most special day and i couldn’t of chose a better person to marry me she’s truly a blessing and a angel for every couple that meet her. Thank you again Sheila your awesome. From Barbara and Edsel

Sent on 04/21/2018

Liana · Married on 04/12/2018

Sheila was absolutely phenomenal to work with. From the time we met her face to face until our ceremony she was unbelievably accommodating. She spent our first session just talking to us and getting to know us as individuals and as a couple. From our first visit we knew Sheila was the person we wanted to be apart of our joyous occasion. I can't thank her enough for all the support and the BEAUTIFUL ceremony she put together. Everyone raved about the ceremony and how personal it was. Thank you Sheila for being apart of our special day and thank you for the beautiful ceremony ! we couldnt have found a better fit !!

-Liana & Ciara

Sent on 08/24/2018

Rebekah · Married on 04/07/2018

My husband and I were married by Dr. Sheila Gay Gross on April 7, 2018. We knew we wanted something special, we wanted our friends and family to truly understand us and the depth of our love, so we chose Sheila. We could not have picked a better officiant! Sheila was very flexible and responsive when it came to reaching out, messaging, and setting appointments. She was always available for us whenever we had questions, worries, ideas, you name it. On our first meeting we sat with Sheila for almost two hours while we told her our story. She had me in happy tears on our first meeting and we knew she was it! On the day of our wedding, Sheila was constantly checking in to make sure we were ok, prepared and ready to go. The ceremony itself was absolutely beautiful! She truly captured us, our love and we are still receiving compliments on our ceremony. I have been approached by several of our guests requesting her information for their family members who are engaged and getting married! The ceremony was so personal, different, special, and had everyone in the audience in tears. it was everything we dreamed it would be and more. Words cannot express how amazing Sheila and her personalized ceremonies are. If you want something personal, creative, different and truly made for you, choose Sheila...She was our officiant for our wedding but has become our family! We love you Sheila, thank you for being such a huge part of our love story and our day!

Sent on 05/06/2018
    All Faiths Ceremonies by Reverend Dr. Sheila Gay Gross 11
    All Faiths Ceremonies by Reverend Dr. Sheila Gay Gross 12

Ashley · Married on 03/16/2018

Sheila was professional, courteous and kind - she really takes the time to get to know "her couples" and takes pride in her work. When we first contacted Sheila, we really had no idea what was needed to legally get married and go through with our destination wedding in Dominican Republic, but she walked us through the process and made sure everything went smooth. Over the process of writing the vows, performing the ceremony and getting the license, Sheila became much more than an officiant - she became a friend. I would highly recommend Sheila to anyone getting married!

Sent on 04/23/2018

Roy · Married on 02/24/2018

Shelia Gross
    Recently, my daughter got married. We were honored to have Shelia Gross Ph.D. Theology perform the ceremony. The bride and groom were of different faiths. My wife and I were concerned that this might present ceremonial issues. After speaking with the couple Shelia put us at ease. For Shelia, it is not about the religion, it is all about love and family.
    Several religious traditions were incorporated into the ceremony: the chuppah, and breaking of the glass, Jewish traditions. There were symbols included from the Catholic faith as well.
    The ceremony, however, was focused on love and family. With respect to family; Shelia brought the two mothers into the ceremony as a way to join not only the bride and groom but their families as well. Furthermore, she included the grandparents in the ceremony as they personally handled (as a way of blessing) the marriage rings, prior to the bride and groom exchanging them.
    Many guests commented on how beautiful, heartfelt and original Sheli’s ceremony was. A beautiful and heartwarming beginning to what we know will be a loving marriage.

Sent on 03/19/2018

Jesus · Married on 02/11/2018

Dr. Sheila Gross was just the perfect choice for our special day. What we enjoyed the most was her professionalism and charisma. The wording selection for our ceremony was elegant and precise with every statement she made. We are very grateful to Dr. Gross for making our wedding unforgettable. Thank you!

Sent on 03/05/2018
    All Faiths Ceremonies by Reverend Dr. Sheila Gay Gross 13

Christi · Married on 11/19/2017

My husband and I got married in November and we used Sheila Gross for our ceremony and it was so magical. She really took the time to get to know us and our story. Her dedication made our ceremony so special and it exceeded all our hopes and dreams for that day. Not only do we love her but ALL of our guest still can’t stop talking about her and how amazing she is. Thank you Sheila!

Sent on 01/02/2018

Vanessa · Married on 10/22/2017

In the planning of our wedding the most significant element in my perspective was the ceremony. I absolutely felt as long as we have the ritual part of the marriage covered everything else would fall in place.
    We did indeed find SHEILA FIRST. My fiance is Jewish and I am of no religious background in particular. That said, we wanted to have some elements of my fiance's ancestors present. I am a spiritual person and practitioner and Sheila is the most gifted at creating a magical, meaningful, spiritual space where all of our loved ones felt included and inspired.
    Sheila interviewed us at length and delved into many areas of our lives both as a couple and before we met. The ceremony was full of rich, meaningful details that uniquely represented our partnership. So delighted we are with this wonderfully professional and complete package that Sheila brings to the alter!

Sent on 11/24/2017
    All Faiths Ceremonies by Reverend Dr. Sheila Gay Gross 14

Stephanie · Married on 10/21/2017

Sheila is an incredible person and we feel blessed to have had the pleasure to work with her. After our initial contact, Sheila welcomed us into her home in Asbury Park so we could all get to know each other. We got to talking, ended up staying for over 2 hours, and by the end we felt like long lost friends! She has a way of just making you and everything around you feel at ease. We opened up to her about things that should have been difficult to talk about, but she made it easy. She encouraged us to write our own vows, which we were both hesitant to do at first, but we both really enjoyed the process and can't thank her enough for that. My husband and I are not very religious, but we knew we wanted our wedding ceremony to be meaningful and to show all of our love, happiness and joy. Sheila was able to capture that and so much more. It was so personal, loving, and emotional (in all the good ways!). There were tears, laughs, cheers, but the whole room was just filled with so much love. She was able to incorporate so many people who are important to us, and at certain times, even everyone was involved. We still keep hearing from our family and friends how beautiful and special the ceremony was. It was truly magical. Sheila, from the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU!!!!

Sent on 10/27/2017