All Faiths Ceremonies by Reverend Dr. Sheila Gay Gross Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

• M Hausman
    M Hausman Getting married on 07/01/2023

Making it Special

We decided to tie the knot , after being together a long time. We wanted to keep it simple , small but meaningful. I spoke to Sheila after interviewing other officiants and I was immediately struck by her quick understanding of what we wanted. We also had a meeting where she learned more about us as a couple . On the day of, she led a beautiful ceremony , which touched on all the things that were important to us.
  • Y
    Yousef K. Getting married on 04/07/2022

Special & Expeditious

There's really not enough I can say about Rev. Sheila. My fiancee and I had been trying to get married for a while but COVID had made things quite difficult and pushed dates very far back in our state. Across the river in NJ was Sheila, who was reffered to me by the marriage license registrar of the town. Sheila was so sweet and helpful and after getting to know us briefly, tried her very best to get us married right away. Never have I met someone with so much conviction towards their job and someone so devoted to seeing love happen. She gave us a tremendously lovely wedding and I cannot thank her enough for it. Rev. Sheila made us aware of the magic in our love and truly helped us feel connected during the experience. I would recommend her to anyone looking to get married.
  • Xenia
    Xenia J. Married on 12/05/2021

Amazing ceremony by Sheila! Everyone loved it!

We got married a little over a week ago and we are so happy that we chose Sheila to officiate our wedding. She was easy to work with before the ceremony and she was really interested in learning more about our love story. During the ceremony she mentioned everything that we've told her about how we met and what we love about each other. Also, we were running late to the ceremony and she was very accommodating with that. We highly recommend her to other wedding couples!

All Faiths Ceremonies by Reverend Dr. Sheila Gay Gross's reply:

Xenia forgot to mention we did this via Zoom
    And included her family & friends from 3 different countries: Russia , Germany, France

This time of online weddings has been innovative—- and amazing!

I’m becoming a pro in this :-)

Thanks for the honor and joy of this, Xenia
    Alessandro E. Married on 11/15/2021

Best officiant ever

I cannot express how happy my husband (Alessandro) and I are to have chosen Sheila for our wedding. In preparation to the wedding, Sheila was extremely knowledgeable and helpful: she helped us understanding the bureaucratic process that was going to unfold, the options that we had available for the ceremony (e.g., venue, times of the day, restaurants, etc), and she helped us find the option that best suited us. On the day of the ceremony she was just incredible! For example, we chose to have an outdoor wedding, but at the last minute the weather forecast turned into rain. While it eventually did not rain until after the ceremony, she had helped us create a plan B in a very short time that would allow us to have a beautiful wedding regardless of the weather conditions. Sheila also conducted a thoughtful and emotional ceremony: made it special by engaging our friends and making them active participants in our special day. We (my husband, I and all our friends) had a wonderful day together, and I could not imagine a better way to celebrate this special moment, nor a better person to officiate it. Thank you Sheila!
    Gretchen F. Married on 11/06/2021

Sheila was a huge part of making our day extraordinary!

We feel so lucky to have found Reverend Sheila to come to our home and perform a ceremony that was exceptionally warm, personal and meaningful. We were considering going to a judge then planned and held our ceremony in 2 weeks. We didn’t give Sheila much time to prepare, but she was very efficient in gathering a bit of info from my husband and me, and working it into a ceremony that made us laugh and tear up a number of times. What a joy it was! I highly recommend Sheila!
  • Julie
    Julieann Married on 10/29/2021

Perfectly amazing!

Sheila really was wonderful from the very first time we met her through a Zoom meeting. She was very knowledgeable and different from everyone else which is what really stood out to us. Sheila helped us on the right path to write our own wedding vows and kept us on time with getting it done. She took the time to get to know us and it really showed true on wedding day. Sheila made our ceremony special and we'd recommend her to anyone!! Thank you Sheila for a day to remember!!!!
    Briana S. Married on 10/01/2021

Thank you sheila for our beautiful ceremony

Honestly for us, choosing our officiant for our wedding day was a task we were in some ways sadly dreading. My husband and I wanted our ceremony to be super special because we have been together for 16+ years, and we felt like the only way we would get that “special” feeling was if our officiant was someone in our family or close circle of friends (or someone who has just known us for years). We interviewed a few officiants, and no one gave us that feeling; the warmth, understanding, sincerity, kindred spirit feeling we were looking for, and we started to get even more worried thinking we wouldn’t find “the one.” Well that IMMEDIATELY changed the moment we were in contact with Sheila. From the first conversation we had, we knew SHE WAS THE ONE. She is friendly, a great listener, understanding, warm, professional, flexible, a fantastic writer and story teller…she’s just DAMN GOOD at her job. She loves people, is super easy to talk to, and really takes the time listen to your individual love story so she can create a ceremony that is unique to you. She also helped with other things, like getting our marriage license, writing our vows, and helping with our rehearsal. We knew we wanted to write our own vows, but we didn’t know where to begin. She helped guide us on a format, and after writing our vows on our own, Sheila edited them and made them “PERFECT.” We couldn’t have been happier and felt more confident reciting our vows, and we have Sheila to thank for that!

EVERY SINGLE GUEST RAVED ABOUT SHEILA AND THE CEREMONY. It’s easy to get caught up in the “party” aspect of the wedding day, when really the CEREMONY AND THE LOVE is what that day is all about. Sheila wrote the most beautiful ceremony, one that was so memorable, so personal, and was so “us.” The way she captured our story, our love, and included our families, it truly felt like we had known Sheila for years. She set the tone for the entire day, there was so much LOVE!! People STILL (2 months later) mention our ceremony and how much they loved it. I would recommend Sheila to ANYONE looking for an officiant for their wedding day. She is sooooo good at what she does, and was an absolute pleasure to work with! We will always value our friendship and remember our love-filled wedding ceremony officiated by Sheila! Thank you Sheila!!! :)
    Briana Married on 10/01/2021

Thank you sheila for our love-filled ceremony

• Howard
    Howard C. Married on 09/21/2021

exceptionally wonderful

My fiance and I needed to obtain our marriage license and certificate in a very short timeframe, and after reaching out to a handful of officiants, Sheila did not hesitate to reach out and help us! In fact, she was the only one who immediately sent an email, text, and called so that we could move as quickly as possible. However, she did so in a very calm and assuring way that did not make us feel rushed. She made sure to keep us informed every step of the way, and answered any and all questions we had very professionally and quickly. She was able to help us get everything we needed in a timely manner, and delivered an extremely beautiful ceremony for us. We could not be more thankful for Sheila and her amazing spirit and touching words, highly recommended!!
  • Jasmine
    Jasmine N. Married on 09/19/2021

Sheila is the ABSOLUTE best

Sheila was absolutely amazing. Initially, my husband and I wanted to have our brother in law officiate our wedding, but after working with Sheila, I’m glad that it didn’t work out. Sheila was amazing, professional, and VERY confident in the service she provides. And now I understand why! She was the TALK of our wedding. Dozens of people told us that Sheila was the best part of our wedding. Sheila was responsive and very detailed. We did a 3 hour zoom with Sheila for our initial meeting and by the end of the meeting, I felt like Sheila knew my husband and I for many years. That especially showed during our ceremony. I am so, so, SO thankful for Sheila and I would recommend her to ANY and EVERYONE. Do not hesitate to choose Sheila as your officiant. You will NOT go wrong.
    Ella G. Married on 09/01/2021

Simply the Best!

We couldn’t have asked for a better officiant! Sheila’s sense of calm flowed through the ceremony encouraging everyone to perform above and beyond. Her ability to keep focus and direct was superb. She made chaos into workable energy and used it to temper my frayed nerves so I could function. She acted as a friend, mentor, and spiritual guide. She was many things the day of our wedding, but mostly amazing. Thank you Rev. Dr. Sheila.
    Daniel S. Married on 08/21/2021

Sheila is a master of ceremonies!

Sheila deserves a medal for how good her ceremonies are! We knew Sheila because she married a few friends of ours. First, leading up to the wedding she truly made sure to get to know us on a personal level. She takes her time to learn and understand who you are as people. Her ceremony is so special and unique, unlike any typical ceremony. Guests couldn’t stop talking about how amazing and beautiful it was.
  • Ariel
    Ariel P. Married on 08/08/2021

Most Beautiful and Romantic Ceremony!

Sheila was truly amazing. You absolutely need to hire her for your wedding. She makes what is typically an overlooked and rushed portion of the day into the most beautiful part of your wedding.

The purpose of your wedding is to celebrate your marriage and we often overlook this to jump right into the reception. Sheila makes your ceremony into the most special part of the day. Three weeks later and we still have guests telling us how beautiful and unique our ceremony was.

Sheila took the time to get to know both me and Geoff and she told our love story in the most beautiful way so that all of our guests could know and understand why we were all together on our wedding day. Sheila also found ways to incorporate our grandparents and family members in a way that meant so much to them. Everyone was involved in the ceremony and everyone felt like they understood us as a couple on a deeper level. It was so beautiful and still is one of my favorite parts of the day.

Do not hesitate to hire Sheila for your wedding if you want a ceremony that is unique, modern, beautiful, romantic, and personal. Our guests all thought Sheila was a family friend based on how beautiful and customized the ceremony was.

Sheila is also just a lovely, kind, intelligent, and overall amazing person. We loved our chats because she was fun to talk to and get to know on a deeper level. Hire Sheila and you will not be disappointed!
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra A. Married on 08/02/2021

Intimate. Memorable. Magical.

Sheila was a dream come true. We had a very intimate ceremony at our condo in Edgewater and she made it so special. She asked us questions separately before the ceremony, which allowed her to connect with us and our story, and play it back during the ceremony. Truly magical and absolutely perfect.
    Juliana Married on 07/25/2021

Special and unique

Like many other couples, we had our wedding plans changed so many times due COVID-19 and when we first talked to Rev. Sheila on the phone, she was so sweet and committed to making sure that our wedding would be as special as we deserved. Because our families are in different countries, we decided to do a small but meaningful “Zoom Wedding” (virtual ceremony) in order to celebrate with them and still be safe.

At first, we didn’t know what to expect of this experience, but once the ceremony was over, we were lost for words! She did an extraordinary job telling our love story and we were able to have our parents interact with us during the ceremony. She even made the effort to learn a couple of words in another language to make this moment unique and perfect to us!

All our guest loved the ceremony and told us it was one of the most beautiful weddings they had ever been to!! We highly recommend her to any couple looking to get married!
  • Regina
    Regina P. Married on 07/04/2021

Dream Ceremony!

My husband and I were so thankful and lucky to have her as our officiant. We thought we wouldn’t be able to do our ceremony on the day we wanted, but Dr. Sheila tried her best to make everything possible us. Sheila was very professional, flexible, caring, sweet, and helpful in so many ways! Both of our parents live in other country, so we wanted to do a small intimate ceremony with only two of our witnesses here. Even though Dr. Sheila had very short time to get to know about us, she gave us such a personal and special moment that my husband and I, even our witness cried during the ceremony. I can say that everything was just perfect and beautiful. We thank her again for making the day so memorable and precious. Definitely recommend her to anyone who is getting married! :)
  • Eric
    Eric B. Married on 06/21/2021

Perfect Marriage Experience

An absolutely magical experience! Sheila is wonderful, accommodating, fun, and professional. She made the experience between my wife and I incredible—and in such a short window of time! Thank you for making today the best experience of our lives. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND.
    Elizabeth L. Married on 06/19/2021

Sheila was wonderful!

Working with Sheila was truly amazing! Every step of the way Sheila was great- she put together an amazing ceremony with the details she accrued through our conversations with her. She designed the ceremony to perfectly encapsulate our relationship. The majority of our guests came up to us at the end of the wedding and told us how wonderful our ceremony was. I honestly cannot find the right words to describe how much I appreciated Sheila’s effort in putting together THE BEST CEREMONY EVER! Truly wonderful! I’d suggest her to any friend, family or random stranger getting married! ❤️❤️❤️
  • Tracy
    Tracy C. Married on 06/05/2021

The most magical, personal and wonderful ceremony

Reverend Sheila is amazing. All our guests said it was the best wedding ceremony they have ever attended. It was so personal and one friend said everyone got a real insight into our story. We could not be happier. Do not look any further! Reverend Sheila is the one for you.
    Lexi B. Married on 05/26/2021

Wonderful experience!

Dr. Sheila Gross was absolutely wonderful! She was very accommodating and made sure we felt comfortable and special. I’d recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant!
  • Marlo
    Marlo K. Married on 05/21/2021

Sheila ensured everything leading to the day was perfect. She is wonderful. She is the person for you. I will miss her. xoxo very organized

Sheila was the best wedding officiant I could have picked. She was patient with our Zooms guests, who all raved about her ceremony. She was knowledgeable and flexible, and just had a calming way about her. She was non-judgmental. She did a lovely ceremony. I would pick her. I will not be a mistake. She becomes like a friend during the process. I just loved the whole experience with Sheila. I am only sad about not talking to her anymore. She is willing to do it the way you want to do it. She is also great at proving examples of how you can do it. She also engaged with the guest on Zoom, and included them. It was a wonderful experience. Thank you Sheila. I will miss you. xoxoxox
    Chris D. Married on 05/06/2021

The Ceremony Day!

Sheila was awesome, everything about our experience was great! I first spoke with Sheila before we met. At first I reached out to get information; nevertheless, wanted to make sure my fiancé(now wife) and I still wanted to take it to the next level(Marriage). When we were ready I reach out to Sheila and ask could she be our officiant. She was delighted to help. So Sheila and I arranged a meeting at her home to have a conversation and get to know each other a little more. By the end, she felt more like a friend than a vendor. She truly got to know me as a individual and made our ceremony incredibly personal and special. I really cannot say enough good things about Sheila. She was absolutely a joy! Sheila married my wife and I June 17, 2020.
  • Veronica
    Veronica L. Married on 04/09/2021

Out of this world!

Our experience with Mrs Sheila is one of those experiences that you will never forget!
    Due to COVID things are not as before and it was getting very difficult to find someone to get us married but, Mrs Sheila from the beginning was able and whiling to help all the way!
    Our wedding day will always be one of the most memorable moments of our life’s and it’s thanks to Mrs Sheila, she definitely did made us feel out of this world, it was magical, funny and full of love.
    We fully recommend her services.
    Veronica & Samantha
  • Tia
    Tia I. Married on 04/02/2021

Amazing! So personal!

Sheila was incredible, not only as our officiant, but we had to scramble last minute to find someone to officiate due to COVID, and Sheila was more than willing to step in and make our dreams come true. We received many texts and calls after our wedding saying the ceremony was the best part of our wedding, thanks to Sheila. You don’t hear that very often any more. It was incredible! She made it so beyond personal and there wasn’t a dry eye in the entire room. Thank you, Sheila!!!!
  • Vincent
    Vincent I. Married on 03/06/2021

A Super Wonderful and Amazing Officiant

Sheila is great and provided more than we expected. We had a small ceremony with just two other witnesses and even they were amazed by her charisma, caring and professionalIsm. Our ceremony was performed at her house because she’s awesome enough to do that. Her whole vibe and attitude is perfect and I can see why she does this. She also helped us with the marriage license and made the whole process easy. Couldn’t have asked for a better officiant. I highly recommend Sheila as well as my wife and our witnesses. Don’t miss out on having a great experience with Sheila.