All About Events, LLC Reviews

35 Reviews for All About Events, LLC

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

35 All About Events, LLC Reviews

Scott · Married on 02/17/2018

Can't recommend Carolyn and her team highly enough! They were outstanding. Thanks to them, our big day is full of nothing but fantastic (and slightly blurry) memories. They were knowledgable, amiable and worked incredibly hard to make sure everything went smoothly. I would recommend them again without hesitation. Huge thanks to them once again on a remarkable job.

All About Events, LLC 1
    All About Events, LLC 7
    All About Events, LLC 8
    All About Events, LLC 9

Ashley · Married on 05/28/2017

Best best best idea I have ever had, Carolyn and her team are the bomb and made my wedding amazing! I am so glad I hired them. I cannot express how much stress it will save you to hire Carolyn!

Sent on 06/15/2017

All About Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you Ashley! We loved working with you, too! Best Wishes! - Carolyn (& Lyle!)

Shannon · Married on 04/22/2017

We actually came upon Carolyn and her team at All About Events as a package deal with our DJ, and boy was it a blessing that we did! They handled all of the coordination for our Second Line, including permits, the parasol, handkerchiefs - honestly, they do anything you could ever want! Not only did this make our wedding planning stress free, but added just a great element to our wedding. Carolyn was even able to facilitate an after-party location that was amazing, and all I had to say was that I wanted some place for us to end! ha It was amazing, and I highly recommend, whether you are just looking for a second line, or you need their full-scale service you should make this your first stop when beginning to plan your big day!

Sent on 05/14/2017

All About Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much! We had a great time working with you and I'm so glad you enjoyed your Second Line!

Karen · Married on 04/16/2016

This vendor "All About Events" is amazing!! We used them for their Day-Of Wedding Planning Services. Our Day Of Wedding Manager was Alison Arthurs and I cannot say enough wonderful things about her and her assistant Matt. She made sure the vendors were on time, that everyone followed the agenda, handling of the setup and breakdown of the reception, etc. Even if you are local, I highly recommend this type of service from them and they are even affordable. The excellent service we received allowed us to have a fun-filled, non-stressful wedding day! Nothing went wrong and this is because of Alison and Matt's hard work.
    I truly believe this wedding day would not have run smoothly without them. An as added addition, Carolyn offers welcome boxes for any guests attending the wedding. Most of our guests were from out-of-town and we had her make up welcome boxes as a way of saying thanks for traveling so far. I cannot tell you how many guests came up to me about how beautiful these welcome boxes were. I am truly impressed with All About Events and I will always be forever grateful for making our wedding a truly memorable/spectacular event,

Sent on 04/24/2016

All About Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much Karen! We loved working with you, too!

Carolyn was absolutely amazing from start to finish! I called her about a year and a half before my wedding not knowing a thing about planning. She calmed my nerves from our first conversation. I chose the full service package and I am so glad that I did. She was worth every penny and if I were rich, I'd have paid her more! My budget wasn't very large but she worked with me to make sure that I got everything that I wanted within reason. I had a destination wedding, so I only went to New Orleans twice before the actual wedding to meet with her. She showed my husband and I many locations on the first trip, but helped us find the most unique venue (Club XLIV). On my second trip, she introduced me to many vendors that helped make my wedding a success. I never had to worry about something not being done because she sent updates about everything. She helped me to choose the best vendors, and everyone is still talking about how great our wedding was. Carolyn gave us the complete Nola experience with our wedding. Also, a huge thanks to Rhoda for helping so much on the food end. She helped me navigate through that portion and kept my food cost down! I am so thankful for Carolyn and her staff because this was absolutely a dream come true. The custom shoes and second line umbrella to the floating cake table to the fresh flower instruments. She thought of and executed everything beautifully. Thank you so much Carolyn! She is now family for sure! I am ready to throw another party in Nola! ;)

Sent on 12/09/2015

All About Events, LLC's reply:

Thanks so much for the amazing review! We had such a great time working with the two of you. I'm ready for the party! Just say when... :)

Carolyn and her team were incredible! They handled every detail. From confirming details with every vendor the week prior to the wedding to handling last minute things the night of the wedding.....they truly made the night a pleasure. Totally professional, competent, easy to work with, creative and indispensable!

Sent on 11/19/2015

All About Events, LLC's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you! Thank you for entrusting us with such an important day!

Lisa · Married on 09/13/2015

Carolyn Arthurs, of All About Events, served as our wedding planner over an 11 month period with utmost personal attention throughout our many visits to New Orleans, often going way above and beyond her duties.  She is a very savvy-businesswoman with extraordinary personal abilities. Her comprehensive knowledge of wedding and reception planning combined with her vast selection of vendors and contacts, proved to be the foundation for the tremendous success of our wedding celebration.

Carolyn, along with her many capable assistants, guided the bride and groom, and their entire wedding parties, throughout the wedding day with scheduled precision for all hair, makeup, photography, etc.  She arranged for all transportation for more than 200 people to the church, then all were transported to a spectacular reception.  The majority of our guests stated "this was the best wedding they had ever attended"!   I don't believe I have ever seen a happier bride or more fun wedding and we are forever grateful to her for our treasured memories and experience!

nadia · Married on 09/13/2015

I was recently married on August 6, 2011, and I hired Carolyn Arthurs and All About Events to be my full service coordinator. Carolyn is absolutely wonderful, is very well respected by vendors in New Orleans, and has a long history of planning events and weddings. She held my hand through any and every decision I asked her assistance on. In addition, she kept me on track of what and when I needed to be doing things for the wedding. Carolyn is also very well connected in the party planning industry. Consequently, she was able to give me several different options for each different category of vendors and for bands, etc. Without her, I do not think I would have been capable of finding out and accessing these vendors myself. She has a very easy going personality, yet is professional, timely, and responsive in all circumstances. In addition, she is affordable and worth every penny! She is a dream come true for a bride planning her wedding, especially when the bride is not from New Orleans as I was not. I would recommend her to any and every bride out there. I interviewed several different wedding planners and none were of her caliber. Carolyn has vision, knew stylistically how I was and adapted to my desires and needs, and never pushed something on me that wasn't something I wanted. I heard from many of my guests...this is the best wedding I have ever been too and I credit this to her!!!

anna · Married on 05/30/2015

Carolyn Arthurs and her sister Alison (who worked with us the day of) were extremely helpful. We contacted them very late to ask them to coordinate our wedding day. We thought we could do it without a coordinator, but after many warnings from friends, no matter how organized you may think you are, a coordinator like All About Events is essential. As the date approaches and you have so much on your plate, along with nerves, you need a level-headed, experienced, calming person to take care of all the different loose ends. They reminded us about a million things we had completely forgotten and made sure the wedding went smoothly. I couldn't recommend them more. I'm pretty sure they're the only Type A personalities in the whole of New Orleans, and what better job is there for such organized people. Thanks Carolyn and Alison!

Sent on 06/05/2015

All About Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you Anna! Sooooo right about the Type A! :) It was a pleasure working with you!

Jessica · Married on 05/02/2015

We booked our second line parade through All About Events for our wedding on 5/23/15. I can honestly say that because of them, our wedding will be unforgettable! We had a lot of guests who had never been to New Orleans before and many did not know what a second line was. Well they do now! We had a blast! I worked with Carolyn all year on the details, and she has been so great to work with. She responds very quickly to calls and emails, and always answered my questions thoroughly. She hired Kinfolk brass band for us and they were so entertaining and sounded great! Matt was who we worked with that day on site, and he was very punctual and great to work with as well! I would highly suggest All About Events to coordinate second lines or any other wedding event!

Sent on 06/10/2015

All About Events, LLC's reply:

Thanks so much, Jessica! We had a blast too!

TIFFANY · Married on 02/20/2015

Hiring Carolyn Arthurs of All About Events & her team for their full-service planning was the absolute best decision we made. Background- we planned a destination wedding in NOLA (from the West Coast) in less than 2 MONTHS, during the holidays, w/ 100 guests from all over the country. We don't know anyone in NOLA, so we needed a trustworthy planner well-acquainted with the area/vendors, etc.
    Carolyn is extremely responsive, knowledgeable & has wonderful vendor recs. She was truly there for us when problems arose & we really felt like she "had our backs". Her knowledge helped us from being taking advantage of by local vendors. As it was, the only issue we had was w/ a vendor I specifically chose; we didn't have ANY issues w/ any of her recs ( DJ, photography, 2nd Line Band, Guitarist) who were amazing, professional, & within our budget. Carolyn also talked me off the ledge when I became overwhelmed w/ the process and made sure that I prioritized my time, energy & funds appropriately. Rhoda, Tasting Manager, was wonderful in helping with our menu planning for the wedding reception & other events over the weekend.
    Our guests were BLOWN AWAY -Carolyn really got to known US which shined through in all of the details. She didn't just broker everything out, but rather took the time to do things personally (guests are still raving about the welcome gifts- who remembers a gift box?! They were That Good). This kind of personal touch separates AAE from other planners. The consensus from all of our guests was, "This was truly the Best Wedding EVER!!!”
    I did not have a worry in the world the day of my wedding (except for rain/hair issues, ha) and literally had the BEST TIME- and believe me, I am a crazy, OCD-style person, so this is quite a compliment coming from me (my husband can attest to this one). A million Thank Yous to Carolyn, Rhoda, & the All About Events team... When can we throw our next party???!?!

Sent on 03/06/2015

All About Events, LLC's reply:

Thanks for this amazing review! I love you guys and had SUCH an awesome time working with you! I'm ready for the next party! -Carolyn

Julie · Married on 07/12/2014

It's been a little over a month since we've been married, and our wedding is still the talk of every gathering we have had with family and friends since then. Everything was perfect! I am not someone who knew what I wanted my wedding to be before I started planning which is why I contacted Carolyn in the first place to fully coordinate my big day. I really did not want to be stressed over wedding planning. Carolyn made it easy. I work a lot so her willingness to communicate via e-mail (she responded really fast) was just what I needed. She did everything from setting up meetings with vendors and negotiating contracts to mailing out invites. She even made calls to those guests who did not rsvp. This was big for me because the guest list was my biggest headache from the very beginning, and I was really just tired of looking at it by that time. Oh, she also planned my special presentation to my husband during the reception which was awesome! Week of wedding I received a really cool agenda which clearly listed vendor arrival times at the church and reception hall which I loved. I wasn't worried though because Carolyn is super efficient- I believe I only looked at the agenda on wedding day to refresh my memory as to what time the limos were coming to pick us up! Like I said, everything was perfect and the wedding started on time which is exactly what I wanted- my guests were extremely impressed by this! I've had so many people tell me that they have NEVER been to a wedding where everything just flowed so nicely. I truly believe that I made the right choice with All About Events. AAE had our best interest at heart the whole time!Thank you Carolyn, Matthew(probably one of the flyest guys you will ever meet), and Rhoda! We will never forget what you have done for us! We are happy to call the AAE Team family. Thank you again and we love ya'll!
    ~Julie and Tony Lawson +1 due April 2015 ;-)

Sent on 08/15/2014

All About Events, LLC's reply:

I love this Julie! Thanks so much for the wonderful words! You made my day! We had a great time working with both of you and hope to stay in touch! Carolyn

Rebecca · Married on 03/08/2014

Carolyn and her crew were excellent. We wanted efficiency and professionalism, but also some really fun people to be around on a very important day. We got it all, and then some. And Rhoda was so fantastic! We were so happy all around. Thanks AAE!

I can't recommend Carolyn any higher. Let's be honest, I was probably not the easiest bride she has dealt with: I didn't have a clear idea on what exactly I wanted about anything; moreso I answered every question she had for me with a list of what I didn't want/wouldn't tolerate. Carolyn took this all in stride and worked with me to make sure everything ended up like the dream I never even realized I had! Two years later, I'm still amazed when I look at my wedding photos, and I can't take her efforts for granted. Despite my limited ability to articulate what I wanted, she always offered me a carefully curated selection of choices to choose from. I never felt rushed to make any decisions and I knew that I could be honest with her. In the end, I know that her expertise and excellence were what made my day a big success. She's awesome!

• Susan

Susan · Married on 11/03/2012

A couple of months before my wedding I contacted All About Events looking for a day-of coordinator. I was assigned Rhoda Yawn, who ended up being more than a day-of coordinator for me - she was a complete lifesaver. Since my dealings were exclusively with Rhoda, I wanted to review her independently. I got in over my head trying to plan a destination wedding in New Orleans from out of state. My wedding ended up having a lot of moving parts and I had some serious logistical concerns that were causing me a lot of anxiety. As soon as I "met with" Rhoda over the phone, I felt so much better and I offered to pay her a bit extra to basically take over everything from that point on. Rhoda has so much knowledge about venues and vendors in New Orleans and she always had answers to my questions and helpful input when I was unsure about something. She helped me out in so many ways, she completely coordinated all of my vendors in the week(s) leading up to the wedding, made sure everyone knew where they were supposed to be, and on the day of the wedding she and her assistant took care of everything behind the scenes. She also delivered a bunch of our reception food and a bottle of champagne to our hotel suite at the end of the night, along with all of our "stuff" (framed photos, guest book, etc.). If it hadn't been for her, I never would have gotten to taste most of my reception food (and it was delicious!). When a potential problem cropped up with one of the vendors (which was resolved) I never knew about it until after the wedding. My day was truly perfect. We wanted an awesome and beautiful party in New Orleans and we got it. I was able to enjoy everything with no worries, which is priceless. It would not have been possible without Rhoda!

Carolyn was great to work with. I was not the easiest bride. I had a vision and I wanted it exactly my way. Besides I was on a tight budget and could not spend a lot on a wedding planner. Carolyn offers day of services, decoration services and the whole deal. Because I was a very hands on bride i hired her to help me bring to life the vision I had for the wedding. Everything happened through email since the entire planning happened from Canada.

She completely got my vision to the last detail. My wedding was so beautiful. I was so surprised to have it be exactly what I had imagined in my mind. Carolyn is really accomodating and will work with you to give you exactly what you want for the wedding. Besides she has a lot of experience and knows everyone in the community. I would highly recommend her. If you are reading this thanks Carolyn for putting up with me and giving me the wedding of my dreams.

Sent on 07/17/2012

All About Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you, T! It was a pleasure to work with you!
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 03/17/2012

Carolyn, Rhoda, and Alexis made my dream wedding come true! I am over the moon with ALL ABOUT EVENTS and would recommend them to any bride or event host. Always available to answer any question, flexible with vendors and meeting times, and full of recommendations and suggestions make this team the entire package. I worked with Carolyn since June of 2011 and all of the planning was easy and relaxed. I had tons of options and didn't feel pressured into using any certain vendor. The day of my wedding there I was not worried or stressed about anything. Carolyn had thought of everything and presented me with a scheduled a few days before hand so I would know what to expect. I didn't have to do a thing besides get ready and beautified for my special day. If any issue arose, I didn't know a thing about it for they were there to take care of all the details. The day was right out of a fairy tale and I have ALL ABOUT EVENTS to thank for that. Carolyn is completely qualified to handle any situation from being knowledgeable about flower arrangements to photographers to cute ideas about what unique item to add to the gift bags. Rhoda is always available to bounce ideas off of for what delicious food and drinks would best relay my wedding theme and has a huge heart and sense of humor. Alexis was available the day of my wedding to help with anything that I needed (she brought me some crackers as I requested and was so thoughtful in bringing me some ginger ale in case I needed it). These event planners are on top of anything you can think of!

Sent on 04/04/2012

We love you Heather!! ♥
  • English

English · Married on 02/25/2012

Wonderful! Amazing! Best decision ever!
    Carolyn and All about Events took care of everything from beginning to end. It was easy and stress free. Whatever I wanted, crazy or not, I got. Carolyn is also down to earth and realistic. She really gets to know you as a person and your personality, therefore she can make the experience truly unique to you! Her vendor suggestions were all fabulous. My entire wedding was truly phenomenal from start to finish. She was there answering emails and texts anytime I needed. She also helped my in-laws plan a great rehearsal dinner and my sister/maid-of-honor plan my bachelorette party.
    Truly professional and excellent! I am overjoyed with my experience with All About Events. If you are getting married in New Orleans, there is no other way to go! So call them up. I promise you wont be disappointed.

Alona · Married on 11/11/2011

There are no words that can describe how good Carolyn is. Throughout the entire planning process, she guided us delicately through the ins and outs of the New Orleans wedding scene and made certain that our personal visions became reality. It didn't matter what questions we had, she always had an answer. Her knowledge of local vendors and venues proved invaluable and her day of services made our event an un-mitigated success. Our friends couldn't stop talking about how perfect every detail was. Without Carolyn, we never could have done it. Thank You Carolyn!

Sent on 11/13/2011

All About Events, LLC's reply:

Alona it was such a pleasure to work with you and Brad over this year. Thank you so much for the wonderful review!
  • Q

Queen · Married on 10/23/2011

Carolyn is amazing. Worth every [reasonably priced] penny.

We opted for her Management and Day of Coordination package. I probably asked many more questions than I should have, but she always responded promptly and with a complete answer. The best part about her is her dedication and no BS attitude. She's not at all fake, or a wanting to get your business then fall off the face of the earth type person, and she really exceeded our every expectation.

The week of was extremely hectic since we were coming from out of town. Carolyn was in constant email contact making sure all the details were in place. She set up all the things I didn't think of, like to-go drinks for our second line, and she personally made my umbrella, which turned out absolutely amazing (she should run a side business!). Our guestbook had a photo of the band we had for our second line (she also set up our contract with them), and we asked her if they might be able to sign the page, and
    she made sure that it happened.

From commandeering a rehearsal including a groomsmen lovingly nicknamed "Crazy Mike", and a missing bridesmaid, to accommodating last second mother of the groom processional requests, she was on top of everything. I arrived at the venue day of and by the time my hair and makeup were done and we went downstairs to shoot bridals, the previously bare house and courtyard were being completely transformed. She kept us on schedule all night and didn't miss a beat. Her assistant, Rhoda, prepared a spread for our vegan groomswoman which was out of this world.

Even the next morning, she took the time to answer my texts on where things were. We ran into her as she was doing a tour on our way out of the venue, and she was completely relaxed and refreshed as we recounted some of the events from the reception.

Carolyn is extremely knowledgeable on NOLA weddings, and she's also worked events in LA, so you really get the best of both worlds. I would definitely recommend her for any event. We absolutely hope that she is still around in a few years when we start planning our anniversary party...

Sent on 11/09/2011

All About Events, LLC's reply:

What an amazing review! Thank you for your kindness. I'm so glad you enjoyed working with us as much as we enjoyed working with you!

Mary · Married on 06/11/2011

As the mother of the bride, All About Events was exceptional. My guests could not stop raving about the food, the cake and everything in general. It was perfect in every way. In my book, Carolyn was a "10".

Kara · Married on 06/04/2011

All About Events is absolutely wonderful! The wedding was beautiful, and a perfect reflection of the bride and groom's taste. Everyone had a fabulous time. We had many guests comment on all of the details - Carolyn thought of everything and was very professional. I honestly don't know what we would have done without her!

pam · Married on 06/04/2011

About Events Events created magic for us. Their expertise made everything easy, all we needed was our ideas and they made them happen. When we had no idea, they made beautiful things happen!
    It was a pleasure to work with them, and Carolyn's calmness and talent made everything flow so well. Thanks for a memorable night! We would not hesitate to call on you again. Until next time...

JESSICA · Married on 05/29/2011

I knew when I decided to have a destination wedding in New Orleans, I would need help. My now husband and I were insistant about only using local New Olreans vendors, and there was no way that I could make that happen from far away. Hiring a wedding planner, more specifically, Carolyn from All About Events, was the best decision I ever made. She created and executed a weekend full of events for our wedding that were beautiful, seemless and absolutely PERFECT. She and her team were knowledable, effective and extremely professional. Carolyn was able to take my vision, and make it into more than i could have ever imagined. I will gladly recommend her to anyone looking to throw an event...she is absolutely amazing!

Katharine · Married on 05/20/2011

Carolyn was awesome! We couldn't have done a destination wedding without her. All my guests loved the food and cake, and couldn't stop talking about it. The vendors were fantastic.
    When she and I brainstormed, we ended up inventing what we wanted, and then she made all of our ideas come true for the big day.
    And when we changed our minds, things didn't work, Mom wanted something just so, she still managed to pull everything together at the end like it was magic!
    If you put your trust in her, she can make your wedding even better than you imagined.