All About Events Reviews

All About Events 6
All About Events 7
  • Taryn

Taryn Hailstock · Married on 06/28/2019

Thee best wedding planner ever

We STILL have goosebumps and our guests are STILL raving a month later!! Before I ever got engaged or even met my husband it has always been my dream to "Just get dressed!" the day of my wedding along with my motto that the reception should be a PARTY to thank your guests for coming and celebrating with the Bride & Groom. MAN OH MAN is that EXACTLY what happened!! If I tried to plan it myself, or with ANY OTHER TEAM....I doubt it would've happened. It started with a telephone call. I received some interview questions from family and friends to interview possible wedding planners, since I don't live in the area and know who to really trust with my special day. I talked to approximately 5-7 different wedding planners in and outside of the New Orleans area. Carolyn was THE ONLY ONE who was personable, did not take the questions as an insult and told me that she would ensure that my day was PERFECT despite my budget. Throughout the process she ensured that when we came to NOLA for planning, our time was used wisely...I mean EVERY MINUTE!!! LOL Carolyn connected us to the BEST in the Business in New Orleans when it came to vendors, she kept me as close to my budget as possible (LOL as I did go slightly over because I wanted what I wanted LOLOL), and she also became our FRIEND along the way!! Not only did I love her, my husband loved her, my Mom and Brother loved her and my wedding party ADORED HER!!! She was open any time I needed something and went the extra mile to get not only what I wanted, yet also things I didn't know I needed!! She is even currently in a fight with the NOPD as I paid for three police to escort us during our second-line and only one showed!! She and her team ensured that we ALL felt special and that our wedding was definitely one for the record books....as our guests say... IT WAS EPIC!!! Even my money frugal husband said that it was the BEST MONEY we spent on our entire wedding (and he's cheap LOL)!! If you are looking for a bang for your buck, someone to ensure you cross all your T's and dot all you I's...look no further than All About Events!! Carolyn...Travarus and I would like to say... WE LOVE YOU and your team...and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU bringing our dream to reality!! The Hortons...est. June 28, 2019!!

Sent on 07/30/2019
    All About Events 26
    All About Events 27
    All About Events 28

All About Events's reply:

Oh I looove all is these pictures! I could relive that night over and over!
    Thank you for the kind words and wonderful review! This really lets me know that I’m where I should be and it’s all been worth it! Love you both!! 💗🥰😘
  • Drew

Drew James · Married on 06/22/2019

AAE has the magic touch!

We do not know what we would have done without Carolyn and the All About Events team! We planned to have an out of town elopement and the success of our event is due solely to Carolyn. She patiently and diligently walked us through the planning process and completely took all stress away about planning an out of town wedding. From our first conversation until the conclusion of our event, Carolyn calmly and elegantly guided us to having the most epic wedding and made it feel easy the entire time! She is so knowledgeable, organized and a true professional. Her entire team worked so hard to make sure our day was magical and memorable but one of the things we will always take away is how magical and memorable All About Events was to us. We cannot recommend them enough. Run, don't walk to book Carolyn as your go-to for all things amazing!!!

Sent on 07/30/2019

All About Events's reply:

Drew, you and Kyle were such a dream to work with! Your happy attitude was contagious and made it so easy to be happy right along with you! I’m so glad I was able to be a part of your beautiful day! Thank you for the kind words! It means so much... 🥰

Katie-Lauren Guell · Married on 12/22/2018

Bucket List Experience

Carolyn from All about events worked with us to organize our second line through the French quarter after our wedding. I cannot express how amazing the experience was. It is no small job to get permits, organize the police escorts, get a route approved and then make it the best damn party experience you will ever have. If I had to do all of that myself, which was an option, I would have really stressed myself out. The price for the second line is WELL worth all you get. I didn’t have to worry about anything. She did an amazing job and had an overall all awesome attitude. Super easy to work with. We worried about nothing and then loved everything she put together for us! The band was awesome and Carolyn was on site to handle it all. Even with me knowing the plan, it was still this awesome surprise to have the band arrive in our reception and start playing. She marched and danced with us, had an amazing umbrella decorated for us, pedi cabs for some of our family who couldn’t walk the whole time. Like my mom and some older guests. She also had monogrammed Second line napkins. My guests were beaming about the experience for days and referred to it as a bucket list experience. The only thing I long for is to do it over again. It was that good. ☺️

Sent on 01/04/2019

All About Events's reply:

Thank you so much for this amazing review! I’ll send you the photos and videos I took. I loved working with you, too! 🥳
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing, professional and personable, nothing short of a miracle worker!

Our wedding was absolutely amazing and I certainly have Carolyn at All About Events, LLC, to thank! She organized everything, recommended the best people, from an amazing band, to an excellent cake maker, and the wedding came together so magically! She's great especially if New Orleans is your destination wedding location. There is something to be said for a person that knows the lay of the land and can recommend a great team to get everything done. It was like having a best friend/ professional wedding planning! We went over all the little and big details and I was able to walk-through and trouble shoot all those little wedding planning issues without breaking a sweat. Wedding day was beyond seamless, and again the team at All About Events made the wedding a amazing event! For a stress-free wedding, please choose All About Events!

Sent on 08/13/2019

All About Events's reply:

Nicole thank you so much! You and Michael were so wonderful to work with and I’m so happy I could be a part of making your day so special! I’ll think of you every time I see sunflowers 🌻 🥰

Aileen Minihan · Married on 10/05/2018

Everything fell into place with Carolyn's help

In the months leading up to our wedding, Carolyn responded to my many emails and text messages to answer all my wedding planning questions. She gave us really helpful recommendations to help us make decisions. She was so on top of things on the day of our wedding that it really allowed us to enjoy the day. Everything ran smoothly because of her. We even had guests telling us how great she was!

Sent on 11/04/2018

All About Events's reply:

Aileen thank you so much for these kind words! We loved working with you and Jeff, too! Best Wishes to the bride and groom!
    ~Carolyn

Scott · Married on 02/17/2018

Can't recommend Carolyn and her team highly enough! They were outstanding. Thanks to them, our big day is full of nothing but fantastic (and slightly blurry) memories. They were knowledgable, amiable and worked incredibly hard to make sure everything went smoothly. I would recommend them again without hesitation. Huge thanks to them once again on a remarkable job.

Sent on 02/21/2018
    All About Events 36
    All About Events 37

Julian Landry · Married on 12/30/2017

Amazing wedding planner!

Carolyn was a God send! She came to us when we were over our head in wedding planning details and overwhelmed. She helped keep my wife at ease and helped us have the best day of our lives. We had the most epic second line and Carolyn lined it all up for us! Our wedding was magical and we could not have done that without Carolyn!

Sent on 03/12/2019
    All About Events 38

All About Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Julian, for this amazing Review! I loved working with you both and look forward to hearing about your family’s exciting ventures and adventures!

Ashley · Married on 05/28/2017

Best best best idea I have ever had, Carolyn and her team are the bomb and made my wedding amazing! I am so glad I hired them. I cannot express how much stress it will save you to hire Carolyn!

Sent on 06/15/2017

All About Events's reply:

Thank you Ashley! We loved working with you, too! Best Wishes! - Carolyn (& Lyle!)

Shannon · Married on 04/22/2017

We actually came upon Carolyn and her team at All About Events as a package deal with our DJ, and boy was it a blessing that we did! They handled all of the coordination for our Second Line, including permits, the parasol, handkerchiefs - honestly, they do anything you could ever want! Not only did this make our wedding planning stress free, but added just a great element to our wedding. Carolyn was even able to facilitate an after-party location that was amazing, and all I had to say was that I wanted some place for us to end! ha It was amazing, and I highly recommend, whether you are just looking for a second line, or you need their full-scale service you should make this your first stop when beginning to plan your big day!

Sent on 05/14/2017

All About Events's reply:

Thank you so much! We had a great time working with you and I'm so glad you enjoyed your Second Line!

Karen · Married on 04/16/2016

This vendor "All About Events" is amazing!! We used them for their Day-Of Wedding Planning Services. Our Day Of Wedding Manager was Alison Arthurs and I cannot say enough wonderful things about her and her assistant Matt. She made sure the vendors were on time, that everyone followed the agenda, handling of the setup and breakdown of the reception, etc. Even if you are local, I highly recommend this type of service from them and they are even affordable. The excellent service we received allowed us to have a fun-filled, non-stressful wedding day! Nothing went wrong and this is because of Alison and Matt's hard work.
    I truly believe this wedding day would not have run smoothly without them. An as added addition, Carolyn offers welcome boxes for any guests attending the wedding. Most of our guests were from out-of-town and we had her make up welcome boxes as a way of saying thanks for traveling so far. I cannot tell you how many guests came up to me about how beautiful these welcome boxes were. I am truly impressed with All About Events and I will always be forever grateful for making our wedding a truly memorable/spectacular event,

Sent on 04/24/2016

All About Events's reply:

Thank you so much Karen! We loved working with you, too!

Carolyn was absolutely amazing from start to finish! I called her about a year and a half before my wedding not knowing a thing about planning. She calmed my nerves from our first conversation. I chose the full service package and I am so glad that I did. She was worth every penny and if I were rich, I'd have paid her more! My budget wasn't very large but she worked with me to make sure that I got everything that I wanted within reason. I had a destination wedding, so I only went to New Orleans twice before the actual wedding to meet with her. She showed my husband and I many locations on the first trip, but helped us find the most unique venue (Club XLIV). On my second trip, she introduced me to many vendors that helped make my wedding a success. I never had to worry about something not being done because she sent updates about everything. She helped me to choose the best vendors, and everyone is still talking about how great our wedding was. Carolyn gave us the complete Nola experience with our wedding. Also, a huge thanks to Rhoda for helping so much on the food end. She helped me navigate through that portion and kept my food cost down! I am so thankful for Carolyn and her staff because this was absolutely a dream come true. The custom shoes and second line umbrella to the floating cake table to the fresh flower instruments. She thought of and executed everything beautifully. Thank you so much Carolyn! She is now family for sure! I am ready to throw another party in Nola! ;)

Sent on 12/09/2015

All About Events's reply:

Thanks so much for the amazing review! We had such a great time working with the two of you. I'm ready for the party! Just say when... :)

Carolyn and her team were incredible! They handled every detail. From confirming details with every vendor the week prior to the wedding to handling last minute things the night of the wedding.....they truly made the night a pleasure. Totally professional, competent, easy to work with, creative and indispensable!

Sent on 11/19/2015

All About Events's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you! Thank you for entrusting us with such an important day!

Lisa · Married on 09/13/2015

Carolyn Arthurs, of All About Events, served as our wedding planner over an 11 month period with utmost personal attention throughout our many visits to New Orleans, often going way above and beyond her duties.  She is a very savvy-businesswoman with extraordinary personal abilities. Her comprehensive knowledge of wedding and reception planning combined with her vast selection of vendors and contacts, proved to be the foundation for the tremendous success of our wedding celebration.

Carolyn, along with her many capable assistants, guided the bride and groom, and their entire wedding parties, throughout the wedding day with scheduled precision for all hair, makeup, photography, etc.  She arranged for all transportation for more than 200 people to the church, then all were transported to a spectacular reception.  The majority of our guests stated "this was the best wedding they had ever attended"!   I don't believe I have ever seen a happier bride or more fun wedding and we are forever grateful to her for our treasured memories and experience!

Sent on 08/23/2011

nadia · Married on 09/13/2015

I was recently married on August 6, 2011, and I hired Carolyn Arthurs and All About Events to be my full service coordinator. Carolyn is absolutely wonderful, is very well respected by vendors in New Orleans, and has a long history of planning events and weddings. She held my hand through any and every decision I asked her assistance on. In addition, she kept me on track of what and when I needed to be doing things for the wedding. Carolyn is also very well connected in the party planning industry. Consequently, she was able to give me several different options for each different category of vendors and for bands, etc. Without her, I do not think I would have been capable of finding out and accessing these vendors myself. She has a very easy going personality, yet is professional, timely, and responsive in all circumstances. In addition, she is affordable and worth every penny! She is a dream come true for a bride planning her wedding, especially when the bride is not from New Orleans as I was not. I would recommend her to any and every bride out there. I interviewed several different wedding planners and none were of her caliber. Carolyn has vision, knew stylistically how I was and adapted to my desires and needs, and never pushed something on me that wasn't something I wanted. I heard from many of my guests...this is the best wedding I have ever been too and I credit this to her!!!

Sent on 09/07/2011

anna · Married on 05/30/2015

Carolyn Arthurs and her sister Alison (who worked with us the day of) were extremely helpful. We contacted them very late to ask them to coordinate our wedding day. We thought we could do it without a coordinator, but after many warnings from friends, no matter how organized you may think you are, a coordinator like All About Events is essential. As the date approaches and you have so much on your plate, along with nerves, you need a level-headed, experienced, calming person to take care of all the different loose ends. They reminded us about a million things we had completely forgotten and made sure the wedding went smoothly. I couldn't recommend them more. I'm pretty sure they're the only Type A personalities in the whole of New Orleans, and what better job is there for such organized people. Thanks Carolyn and Alison!

Sent on 06/05/2015

All About Events's reply:

Thank you Anna! Sooooo right about the Type A! :)
    It was a pleasure working with you!

Jessica · Married on 05/02/2015

We booked our second line parade through All About Events for our wedding on 5/23/15. I can honestly say that because of them, our wedding will be unforgettable! We had a lot of guests who had never been to New Orleans before and many did not know what a second line was. Well they do now! We had a blast! I worked with Carolyn all year on the details, and she has been so great to work with. She responds very quickly to calls and emails, and always answered my questions thoroughly. She hired Kinfolk brass band for us and they were so entertaining and sounded great! Matt was who we worked with that day on site, and he was very punctual and great to work with as well! I would highly suggest All About Events to coordinate second lines or any other wedding event!

Sent on 06/10/2015

All About Events's reply:

Thanks so much, Jessica! We had a blast too!

TIFFANY · Married on 02/20/2015

Hiring Carolyn Arthurs of All About Events & her team for their full-service planning was the absolute best decision we made. Background- we planned a destination wedding in NOLA (from the West Coast) in less than 2 MONTHS, during the holidays, w/ 100 guests from all over the country. We don't know anyone in NOLA, so we needed a trustworthy planner well-acquainted with the area/vendors, etc.
    Carolyn is extremely responsive, knowledgeable & has wonderful vendor recs. She was truly there for us when problems arose & we really felt like she "had our backs". Her knowledge helped us from being taking advantage of by local vendors. As it was, the only issue we had was w/ a vendor I specifically chose; we didn't have ANY issues w/ any of her recs ( DJ, photography, 2nd Line Band, Guitarist) who were amazing, professional, & within our budget. Carolyn also talked me off the ledge when I became overwhelmed w/ the process and made sure that I prioritized my time, energy & funds appropriately. Rhoda, Tasting Manager, was wonderful in helping with our menu planning for the wedding reception & other events over the weekend.
    Our guests were BLOWN AWAY -Carolyn really got to known US which shined through in all of the details. She didn't just broker everything out, but rather took the time to do things personally (guests are still raving about the welcome gifts- who remembers a gift box?! They were That Good). This kind of personal touch separates AAE from other planners. The consensus from all of our guests was, "This was truly the Best Wedding EVER!!!”
    I did not have a worry in the world the day of my wedding (except for rain/hair issues, ha) and literally had the BEST TIME- and believe me, I am a crazy, OCD-style person, so this is quite a compliment coming from me (my husband can attest to this one). A million Thank Yous to Carolyn, Rhoda, & the All About Events team... When can we throw our next party???!?!

Sent on 03/06/2015

All About Events's reply:

Thanks for this amazing review! I love you guys and had SUCH an awesome time working with you! I'm ready for the next party!
    -Carolyn

Julie · Married on 07/12/2014

It's been a little over a month since we've been married, and our wedding is still the talk of every gathering we have had with family and friends since then. Everything was perfect! I am not someone who knew what I wanted my wedding to be before I started planning which is why I contacted Carolyn in the first place to fully coordinate my big day. I really did not want to be stressed over wedding planning. Carolyn made it easy. I work a lot so her willingness to communicate via e-mail (she responded really fast) was just what I needed. She did everything from setting up meetings with vendors and negotiating contracts to mailing out invites. She even made calls to those guests who did not rsvp. This was big for me because the guest list was my biggest headache from the very beginning, and I was really just tired of looking at it by that time. Oh, she also planned my special presentation to my husband during the reception which was awesome! Week of wedding I received a really cool agenda which clearly listed vendor arrival times at the church and reception hall which I loved. I wasn't worried though because Carolyn is super efficient- I believe I only looked at the agenda on wedding day to refresh my memory as to what time the limos were coming to pick us up! Like I said, everything was perfect and the wedding started on time which is exactly what I wanted- my guests were extremely impressed by this! I've had so many people tell me that they have NEVER been to a wedding where everything just flowed so nicely. I truly believe that I made the right choice with All About Events. AAE had our best interest at heart the whole time!Thank you Carolyn, Matthew(probably one of the flyest guys you will ever meet), and Rhoda! We will never forget what you have done for us! We are happy to call the AAE Team family. Thank you again and we love ya'll!
    ~Julie and Tony Lawson +1 due April 2015 ;-)

Sent on 08/15/2014

All About Events's reply:

I love this Julie! Thanks so much for the wonderful words! You made my day! We had a great time working with both of you and hope to stay in touch!
    Carolyn

Rebecca · Married on 03/08/2014

Carolyn and her crew were excellent. We wanted efficiency and professionalism, but also some really fun people to be around on a very important day. We got it all, and then some. And Rhoda was so fantastic! We were so happy all around. Thanks AAE!

Sent on 03/23/2014

I can't recommend Carolyn any higher. Let's be honest, I was probably not the easiest bride she has dealt with: I didn't have a clear idea on what exactly I wanted about anything; moreso I answered every question she had for me with a list of what I didn't want/wouldn't tolerate. Carolyn took this all in stride and worked with me to make sure everything ended up like the dream I never even realized I had! Two years later, I'm still amazed when I look at my wedding photos, and I can't take her efforts for granted. Despite my limited ability to articulate what I wanted, she always offered me a carefully curated selection of choices to choose from. I never felt rushed to make any decisions and I knew that I could be honest with her. In the end, I know that her expertise and excellence were what made my day a big success. She's awesome!

Sent on 12/31/2014
  • Susan

Susan · Married on 11/03/2012

A couple of months before my wedding I contacted All About Events looking for a day-of coordinator. I was assigned Rhoda Yawn, who ended up being more than a day-of coordinator for me - she was a complete lifesaver. Since my dealings were exclusively with Rhoda, I wanted to review her independently. I got in over my head trying to plan a destination wedding in New Orleans from out of state. My wedding ended up having a lot of moving parts and I had some serious logistical concerns that were causing me a lot of anxiety. As soon as I "met with" Rhoda over the phone, I felt so much better and I offered to pay her a bit extra to basically take over everything from that point on. Rhoda has so much knowledge about venues and vendors in New Orleans and she always had answers to my questions and helpful input when I was unsure about something. She helped me out in so many ways, she completely coordinated all of my vendors in the week(s) leading up to the wedding, made sure everyone knew where they were supposed to be, and on the day of the wedding she and her assistant took care of everything behind the scenes. She also delivered a bunch of our reception food and a bottle of champagne to our hotel suite at the end of the night, along with all of our "stuff" (framed photos, guest book, etc.). If it hadn't been for her, I never would have gotten to taste most of my reception food (and it was delicious!). When a potential problem cropped up with one of the vendors (which was resolved) I never knew about it until after the wedding. My day was truly perfect. We wanted an awesome and beautiful party in New Orleans and we got it. I was able to enjoy everything with no worries, which is priceless. It would not have been possible without Rhoda!

Sent on 11/12/2012

Carolyn was great to work with. I was not the easiest bride. I had a vision and I wanted it exactly my way. Besides I was on a tight budget and could not spend a lot on a wedding planner. Carolyn offers day of services, decoration services and the whole deal. Because I was a very hands on bride i hired her to help me bring to life the vision I had for the wedding. Everything happened through email since the entire planning happened from Canada.

She completely got my vision to the last detail. My wedding was so beautiful. I was so surprised to have it be exactly what I had imagined in my mind. Carolyn is really accomodating and will work with you to give you exactly what you want for the wedding. Besides she has a lot of experience and knows everyone in the community. I would highly recommend her. If you are reading this thanks Carolyn for putting up with me and giving me the wedding of my dreams.

Sent on 07/17/2012

All About Events's reply:

Thank you, T! It was a pleasure to work with you!
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 03/17/2012

Carolyn, Rhoda, and Alexis made my dream wedding come true! I am over the moon with ALL ABOUT EVENTS and would recommend them to any bride or event host. Always available to answer any question, flexible with vendors and meeting times, and full of recommendations and suggestions make this team the entire package. I worked with Carolyn since June of 2011 and all of the planning was easy and relaxed. I had tons of options and didn't feel pressured into using any certain vendor. The day of my wedding there I was not worried or stressed about anything. Carolyn had thought of everything and presented me with a scheduled a few days before hand so I would know what to expect. I didn't have to do a thing besides get ready and beautified for my special day. If any issue arose, I didn't know a thing about it for they were there to take care of all the details. The day was right out of a fairy tale and I have ALL ABOUT EVENTS to thank for that. Carolyn is completely qualified to handle any situation from being knowledgeable about flower arrangements to photographers to cute ideas about what unique item to add to the gift bags. Rhoda is always available to bounce ideas off of for what delicious food and drinks would best relay my wedding theme and has a huge heart and sense of humor. Alexis was available the day of my wedding to help with anything that I needed (she brought me some crackers as I requested and was so thoughtful in bringing me some ginger ale in case I needed it). These event planners are on top of anything you can think of!

Sent on 04/04/2012

We love you Heather!! ♥
  • English

English · Married on 02/25/2012

Wonderful! Amazing! Best decision ever!
    Carolyn and All about Events took care of everything from beginning to end. It was easy and stress free. Whatever I wanted, crazy or not, I got. Carolyn is also down to earth and realistic. She really gets to know you as a person and your personality, therefore she can make the experience truly unique to you! Her vendor suggestions were all fabulous. My entire wedding was truly phenomenal from start to finish. She was there answering emails and texts anytime I needed. She also helped my in-laws plan a great rehearsal dinner and my sister/maid-of-honor plan my bachelorette party.
    Truly professional and excellent! I am overjoyed with my experience with All About Events. If you are getting married in New Orleans, there is no other way to go! So call them up. I promise you wont be disappointed.

Sent on 05/13/2012