Alisa Tongg Reviews

186 | Stroudsburg, PA

186 Reviews for Alisa Tongg

samantha · Married on 09/15/2017

I first met Alisa a year before my wedding when she was the officiant at my best friend’s wedding. I couldn’t stop thinking about how perfect their ceremony was weeks/months afterward. I knew I had to have her at mine as well. My husband (who isn’t fazed by anything) agreed that Alisa would be the PERFECT fit for our wedding day. We wanted something personal, a story written about our love and our life. And that is exactly what Alisa did. She worked with us from the very beginning on our ceremony. It was actually really fun to fill out the questionnaire she sent us because it allowed us to dig deeper and really think about our relationship. Our big day finally arrived and I remember seeing Alisa appear out of nowhere while we were taking pictures. She had a huge smile on her face and she was walking around scoping out the ceremony space. She hung around and chatted for a bit and then went inside to hang with the bridal party. Finally, it was ceremony time. Alisa handles herself with such grace and poise. She is a true professional and you can clearly see how much she loves what she does. Alisa brought so much joy, happiness, tears and laughter to our ceremony. It was better than I could’ve ever imagined. It’s now over a month since our wedding day and I am still having people tell me what an amazing, unique, personalized ceremony it was. Everyone said they have never been to a wedding ceremony like that before and they left learning so much about us as a couple. We can’t thank Alisa enough for her role in our big day. She made it so memorable for us. Alisa, you are one of the most down to earth, genuine human beings I have ever come across and I want to get married again (to the same husband :) ) and have you there doing your thing. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for everything.

Sent on 11/02/2017

Leigh · Married on 09/09/2017

Alisa - Thank you for making our wedding ceremony so special. You captured our feelings for each other so beautifully. Your knowledge of both Christian and Jewish traditions helped us blend our cultures and make both families feel included in a way we never could have imagined!!! You have a true gift Alisa, you translated the love we feel into words. You knocked it out of the park and we are so grateful we found you on Instagram!! To all of the engaged couples reading this - book Alisa NOW. Best decision we made.

Xx
    Leigh and Steve

Sent on 09/17/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/08/2017

There truly are no words to describe just how wonderful Alisa is! My husband and I were married on September 8th, 2017 in New Hope, PA, and were looking for a celebrant who would provide a non-religious ceremony that was both personal and beautiful. Enter Alisa. From the moment my then-fiance and I chatted with Alisa via Skype to discuss our vision for the day, we knew that we were in good hands with her. She is an incredibly warm person with a calm energy that really helped to relax my nerves on the big day. Alisa tailored the ceremony to us and our love story, and brought the guests to tears. When I was feeling a little lightheaded during the ceremony, I whispered "I need water" to Alisa, and just like magic, she was able to seamlessly make that happen without causing any interruptions. Most of the guests did not even notice this exchange! My husband and I had guests coming up to us throughout the rest of the night raving about the ceremony, saying how much they loved how personal and intimate it felt. We heard quite a few "best ceremony I've ever seen"s as well! Overall, we cannot recommend or thank Alisa enough after giving us the wedding of our dreams. Thank you, Alisa!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Aviva · Married on 08/26/2017

Alisa is simply the best. She crafted our ceremony just for us according to our wants and needs, made it personal, and made everyone laugh. My mom later said that she was surprised at herself by how moved she was. We had our ceremony at Alisa's property, Promise Ridge. The backdrop was completely stunning. The weather was perfect, and the lovingly adorned Living Wall was just absolutely gorgeous. The ceremony was simple and perfect, and so us. Alisa also was there for us 100% leading up to the wedding - she is a veritable fount of information when it comes to area vendors, and helped us choose a dinner location that you would not find on Google. It was my dream wedding!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Andrea · Married on 08/19/2017

Alisa was incredibly amazing in every aspect possible! We found her because of The Knot and instantly knew she was the celebrant for us based on her website. After our first Skype conversation, we knew she had to be our celebrant! We chose to get married at her elopement site, Promise Ridge, and she offered us the best recommendations for other vendors. Our wedding exceeded our expectations and I truly feel that a large portion of that was due to the amazing recommendations (photographer and reception site) from Alisa.

Promise Ridge looked even better than in the pictures, if that's even possible and the ceremony that she wrote for us was phenomenal. She made our love story come alive for our guests and it felt as though I was reliving our entire relationship as she spoke. The ceremony was heartfelt and personal and our guests raved about it the entire night. I would recommend Alisa to anyone in a heartbeat!

Sent on 08/21/2017
  • Teresa

Teresa · Married on 08/19/2017

Okay, I have to admit, when I was first looking for an officiant, I was scared off by how much booking Alisa would cost. However, as I went down my list of final contenders and spoke on the phone with each of them, there was no one else who was as clearly passionate about wedding ceremonies and excited about writing one JUST for me, and no one else who I connected with right away on a personal level like I did with Alisa. We worked with Alisa long-distance, but she was always available and very responsive via email and phone.

My husband and I got SO MANY compliments on how beautiful and uniquely *us* our ceremony was. Alisa made people laugh without being too lighthearted -- and she really took to heart my concern about not wanting throwaway one-liners or jokes to take away from the gravitas of the occasion -- and she made them cry without being corny or cliche. One of the guests who had never been to a secular wedding before told us how impressed she was by how it was still incredibly special and reverent, and affirming of the serious and spiritual commitment that marriage is, without once mentioning any deity or higher power or anything religious. If you're hemming and hawing about booking Alisa because of the cost, but the ceremony is really important to you, let me tell you that it really is worth every penny!

Sent on 08/21/2017

N&D · Married on 08/05/2017

If there is one word to describe Alisa, both as a person and as a celebrant, that would be "Amazing". She is so inspirational and is full of positive energy. She was very welcoming and made us feel comfortable from the very start. Not only did she make our day extra special for us, but for our guests as well. All of our guests, including ourselves, were blown away by the set up at Promise Ridge. She crafted our ceremony perfectly and made it very intimate and personal, and also added some humor in there as well. Working with Alisa was truly a great experience and we hope to work with her again in the future. We recommend Alisa 110%!!!

Sent on 08/29/2017
  • Stessa

Stessa · Married on 07/27/2017

Amazing!

While planning our wedding in the span of a month, amidst Covid, we stumbled upon Alisa Tongg and her private ceremony space Promise Ridge and were so lucky enough to book her the following day due to another couples cancellation. Words cannot describe how lucky and fortunate we are to have found someone with not only an absolute beautiful property, but also the most wonderful person to marry us. The program she put together for us was so detailed, heartfelt, and personalized to just the two of us, we found ourselves crying repeatedly throughout the whole ceremony. Everything about Alisa is so fun and detailed all of our stress just melted away and she was there to take care of every single thing. If you want a truly memorable experience and a completely personalized wedding that is a dream come true, look no further than Alisa Tongg. We honestly cannot thank her enough for all her hard work and dedication to her craft.

Sent on 10/11/2020

Matthew · event on: 07/23/2017

I can't thank Alisa enough for making our special day so wonderful. She was so engaged in me and my wife's needs throughout our vow renewal and went significantly above and beyond to give use a truly special experience. She is so kind, generous, and authentic and touched our hearts in a very special way. I am very certain we will not consider going to anyone else in the future. Thank you so much Alisa for a second chance!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Kailer · Married on 07/23/2017

If I could give Alisa Tongg a ten star rating I would. As soon as I met her it felt like I've known her for years! She officiated my vow renewal at her beautiful location Promise Ridge (which is completely indescribable and surpassed all of my expectations for an outdoor elopement/vow renewal) She told our story so beautifully. The atmosphere that she created for us made me feel like I was in a different world or dreaming!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Julia · Married on 07/22/2017

Alisa is amazing. She crafted a secular ceremony that had weight and meaning and was just the right amount of personal. It was, without question, the best part of my wedding day—and it buoyed me with a sense of pure joy that carried me through the rest of the night. And everyone who witnessed it felt the same way; we’ve received so many heartfelt compliments on the celebration she curated. Working with Alisa is incredibly special, and I highly recommend it.

Sent on 09/15/2017

Connie · Married on 07/07/2017

From start to finish, our experience with Alisa has been ah-mazing! We were looking for a non-traditional, non-religious ceremony that told our love story and that was personable ... boy did she deliver! Everyone could not stop raving about our ceremony! I would recommend Alisa 1000x over in a heart beat! Having her officiate our ceremony was the best decision we made!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Denise · Married on 06/10/2017

Alisa was amazing! From our first meeting we knew she was the perfect person to tell our love story! She easily put into words our love we could not find the words to describe. She made our family and friends part of the ceremony which we will treasure forever! She made our special day even more amazing than we could have ever imagined! Thank you Alisa! We will highly recommend you to all and everyone !

Sent on 06/21/2017

Corinne · Married on 06/03/2017

Alisa has such incredible talent and elegance that anyone who interacts with her will see immediately. My husband and I had the privilege of having Alisa write our love story from the time we were in high school up until present day. I could not have asked for a more perfect rendition filled with multi-cultural details. She is very accommodating and filled with brilliant ideas. It certainly does't hurt that she is gorgeous as well. Anyone considering a celebrant, look no further. Guests have given me so much feedback on how lovely and unique that they thought our ceremony was, and it wouldn't have been as perfect if it weren't for Alisa!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Jenny · Married on 04/29/2017

The most important part of any wedding day is the ceremony- its the reason everyone is there! As such, if you want the most perfect ceremony, hire Alisa! She will make everyone laugh and cry. She creates YOUR ceremony from YOUR own love story, making it unique, beautiful and intimate. I cannot recommend her enough. And if you are looking for a small intimate wedding, look into getting married at her elopement location "Promise Ridge". It is the most perfect location if you are looking for a romantic and dreamy ceremony location. Thank you Alisa for making our day perfect.

Sent on 05/03/2017

Nicole · event on: 04/09/2017

Alisa is the best! This summer she crafted the most perfect baby blessing ceremony to welcome our son and to celebrate his first year. Alisa was super helpful in guiding and offering suggestions while we were writing our vows; sifting through thoughts and emotions expounding on this first year with our new baby. The ceremony was more than we ever thought it could be. There wasn't a dry eye when she commissioned our 12 year old son to be a guiding example and we loved the way she incorporated each of our guests to participate in the blessing. She is detail orientated, energetic, passionate and super creative.

Sent on 05/22/2017

Anna · Married on 03/25/2017

I can not say enough amazing things about Alisa. I knew I wanted our ceremony to be meaningful.... an expression of our love and for it to be personal. I came across Alisa's page by searching for non religious officiants. From the moment I first connected with her, I knew she was just the vibe we were going for. She was warm and sweet and had a calming way about her.
    She sent me and my fiancé questionnaires to fill out and send back, not knowing what each other had written. From there, Alisa wrote the most beautiful and touching ceremony. We went back and forth a few times on edits, and in the end, I knew we had something really special.
    At the ceremony, Alisa was dressed so beautifully! She really made an effort to fit in with our theme and I really appreciated it. I loved listening to her tell our love story, her voice was so calming and assuring. Even though I'd read our final draft of the ceremony, it sounded so lovely coming from her.
    We received so many compliments on our ceremony. Many people said they had never heard anything like it and that they loved hearing our story. Overall, it felt so intimate and personal and I was thrilled to have chosen Alisa as our officiant.
    She is a remarkable person and did an amazing job.
    Book her ASAP for a beautiful, personalized and special ceremony built around the love between you and your partner. She is the best!!!

Sent on 04/05/2017

maria · Married on 02/25/2017

Words were do very little justice in describing how truly grateful we were to have Alisa Tongg as our celebrant. Our ceremony was pure magic. Working with Alisa, from start to finish, was extraordinary, and our ceremony was by far the highlight of our entire wedding celebration. The process of sharing our love story with Alisa, as well as selecting specific ceremony rituals had such an impact on my husband and me. As many know, creating your perfect wedding can be intense and stressful, and we both agreed that this part of the planning made it all worth while. Alisa is a beautiful soul, with an aura about her that is unmatched. She speaks in a way that you can't help but be drawn to every single thing she says. And she listens! She heard every detail of our love story, and relayed it to our family and friends so elegantly. Even the most traditional (and strict religious) guests of ours agreed she created the most beautiful and memorable ceremony for us.

A vow renewal was never something my husband and I considered doing, and now we are looking to celebrate every wonderful life moment with Alisa by our side.

Sent on 05/16/2017
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 02/14/2017

Perfect experience

Alisa was just perfect from start to finish. We had a quick call with her, then filled out a questionnaire about our relationship. From just that, she crafted a personal and meaningful ceremony that really felt like us. A lot of our guests asked us how we knew Alisa, as they all assumed she must be a good friend! Alisa, thank you for making our ceremony so special and the process so easy.

Sent on 12/16/2019

Alisa was our wedding celebrant for our elopement ceremony, and she is wonderful. We wanted something small and personal, and I was so moved by the ceremony she crafted for us. She is committed to finding what speaks to you personally. Beyond all this, she radiates warmth, beauty and kindness (trust me, you’ll feel it when you meet her).

Sent on 01/23/2017

Cat · Married on 12/10/2016

Alisa was a dream come true. I wanted our wedding ceremony to be something that my fiance and I would never forget, and Alisa delivered. She took the time to get to know us both individually and as a couple, and crafted a ceremony that was so unique to us. She eloquently told the story of our love, and was able to seamlessly weave in both touching moments and funny stories that made everyone laugh and cry. Alisa went above and beyond, both before the ceremony prepping me and my bridal party, as well as to afterwards when she braved the cold December night to help me take some wedding pictures. Alisa had everyone feeling the love in the room during our ceremony, and I couldn't have picked a better celebrant. If you want your ceremony to wow, hire her.

Sent on 02/20/2017

Kelsey · Married on 11/19/2016

Alisa was the celebrant for our wedding on November 19th of this year. To say she was fantastic would be an understatement. Alisa was absolutely wonderful. She is genuine, bubbly, and personable. From the very start of this whole process (which we began months and months before our wedding) she has been so great to work with. She’s been extremely responsive when it comes to answering emails and questions, which has definitely not been the case with all of our vendors. When my husband and I decided that we wanted to add in a glass ceremony she was flexible and even called me with a suggestion for a local glass blower that we could contact! The ceremony itself was so unique and personable. I can’t even count how many people came up to us afterwards and said they loved it – and everyone loved different parts of it! There were so many little touches that made it special, and we have Alisa to thank for it all. She was truly an integral part of our wedding day, and we are so thankful that we decided to have her write and perform our ceremony.

Sent on 11/23/2016

Erica · Married on 10/15/2016

It’s not often you say this about people you encounter, but Alisa truly is born to do what she does. She truly is gifted at capturing the love and personalities of those she weds, not to mention she is a genuinely kind and authentic person.

When you work with Alisa, you’ll be pleased to see that her focus is on the bond between two people. Her work and suggestions for ceremony is based on this, allowing the true color and character of those she works with to shine through unadulterated. She’s a gifted writer and storyteller with undeniable skill.

We will always remember Alisa not only for the beautiful ceremony she performed for us, but for the absolutely critical part she played in the most important and wonderful day of our lives. Her recommendations and patient guidance allowed for each us to be calm and focus on the moment we were about to share with each other. There were no distractions leading up to the big day.

For our “micro wedding” comprised of immediate family (dogs included!) we really got more than we ever could have expected. And for this, we will always remember Alisa. It truly is incredible that despite just having worked with Alisa for a brief amount of time we will remember her as vividly and fondly as anyone we will ever encounter together.

Sent on 01/03/2017

Kelsey · Married on 09/24/2016

Alisa was fantastic throughout the WHOLE process! She really cared about Mike and I and about our story. She goes all in and in the end she feels like a friend you've had your whole life. She helped to keep me calm and occupied while I was waiting for our guests to arrive! She made sure I was drinking enough fluids and snacking. She conducts herself with a professionalism that exceeds expectations and her peace, calmness and grace allows everyone around her to feel that much more calm. She is an absolute angel and delivered the most beautiful, intimate and personal ceremony I could have ever hoped for! If I could get married a thousand times over I would always chose Alisa!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Dominique · Married on 09/18/2016

Being a same sex couples comes with its challenges of being unique. Having people see beyond their bias of same sex couples comes with meticulous planning so people can just see the love. Knowing that we just want to love who we love and live in a country that respects others preferences seems almost impossible but working with Alisa Tongg it was as simple as a slice of pound cake????.

She told our story in a way that captivated all our guest attention. Made all the guest in the room understand what love really is from our eyes. Alisa was very patient and kind. Worked with us as a couple and as individuals just to add those special touches to our ceremony.

If your looking for uniqueness and someone to tell people your story, what love means to you, Alisa Tongg is your officiant. Our wedding was September 18th 2016 and as I write this review on September 22nd 2016 people are still in amazement of how she executed our ceremony with such grace and class.

Alisa Tongg is truly a gem and we thank you dearly????.

The Mrs. Denia and Dominique Starks