Alisa Tongg Reviews

174 | Stroudsburg, PA

174 Reviews for Alisa Tongg

Connie · Married on 07/07/2017

From start to finish, our experience with Alisa has been ah-mazing! We were looking for a non-traditional, non-religious ceremony that told our love story and that was personable ... boy did she deliver! Everyone could not stop raving about our ceremony! I would recommend Alisa 1000x over in a heart beat! Having her officiate our ceremony was the best decision we made!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Denise · Married on 06/10/2017

Alisa was amazing! From our first meeting we knew she was the perfect person to tell our love story! She easily put into words our love we could not find the words to describe. She made our family and friends part of the ceremony which we will treasure forever! She made our special day even more amazing than we could have ever imagined! Thank you Alisa! We will highly recommend you to all and everyone !

Sent on 06/21/2017

Corinne · Married on 06/03/2017

Alisa has such incredible talent and elegance that anyone who interacts with her will see immediately. My husband and I had the privilege of having Alisa write our love story from the time we were in high school up until present day. I could not have asked for a more perfect rendition filled with multi-cultural details. She is very accommodating and filled with brilliant ideas. It certainly does't hurt that she is gorgeous as well. Anyone considering a celebrant, look no further. Guests have given me so much feedback on how lovely and unique that they thought our ceremony was, and it wouldn't have been as perfect if it weren't for Alisa!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Jenny · Married on 04/29/2017

The most important part of any wedding day is the ceremony- its the reason everyone is there! As such, if you want the most perfect ceremony, hire Alisa! She will make everyone laugh and cry. She creates YOUR ceremony from YOUR own love story, making it unique, beautiful and intimate. I cannot recommend her enough. And if you are looking for a small intimate wedding, look into getting married at her elopement location "Promise Ridge". It is the most perfect location if you are looking for a romantic and dreamy ceremony location. Thank you Alisa for making our day perfect.

Sent on 05/03/2017

Nicole · event on: 04/09/2017

Alisa is the best! This summer she crafted the most perfect baby blessing ceremony to welcome our son and to celebrate his first year. Alisa was super helpful in guiding and offering suggestions while we were writing our vows; sifting through thoughts and emotions expounding on this first year with our new baby. The ceremony was more than we ever thought it could be. There wasn't a dry eye when she commissioned our 12 year old son to be a guiding example and we loved the way she incorporated each of our guests to participate in the blessing. She is detail orientated, energetic, passionate and super creative.

Sent on 05/22/2017

Anna · Married on 03/25/2017

I can not say enough amazing things about Alisa. I knew I wanted our ceremony to be meaningful.... an expression of our love and for it to be personal. I came across Alisa's page by searching for non religious officiants. From the moment I first connected with her, I knew she was just the vibe we were going for. She was warm and sweet and had a calming way about her.
    She sent me and my fiancé questionnaires to fill out and send back, not knowing what each other had written. From there, Alisa wrote the most beautiful and touching ceremony. We went back and forth a few times on edits, and in the end, I knew we had something really special.
    At the ceremony, Alisa was dressed so beautifully! She really made an effort to fit in with our theme and I really appreciated it. I loved listening to her tell our love story, her voice was so calming and assuring. Even though I'd read our final draft of the ceremony, it sounded so lovely coming from her.
    We received so many compliments on our ceremony. Many people said they had never heard anything like it and that they loved hearing our story. Overall, it felt so intimate and personal and I was thrilled to have chosen Alisa as our officiant.
    She is a remarkable person and did an amazing job.
    Book her ASAP for a beautiful, personalized and special ceremony built around the love between you and your partner. She is the best!!!

Sent on 04/05/2017

maria · Married on 02/25/2017

Words were do very little justice in describing how truly grateful we were to have Alisa Tongg as our celebrant. Our ceremony was pure magic. Working with Alisa, from start to finish, was extraordinary, and our ceremony was by far the highlight of our entire wedding celebration. The process of sharing our love story with Alisa, as well as selecting specific ceremony rituals had such an impact on my husband and me. As many know, creating your perfect wedding can be intense and stressful, and we both agreed that this part of the planning made it all worth while. Alisa is a beautiful soul, with an aura about her that is unmatched. She speaks in a way that you can't help but be drawn to every single thing she says. And she listens! She heard every detail of our love story, and relayed it to our family and friends so elegantly. Even the most traditional (and strict religious) guests of ours agreed she created the most beautiful and memorable ceremony for us.

A vow renewal was never something my husband and I considered doing, and now we are looking to celebrate every wonderful life moment with Alisa by our side.

Sent on 05/16/2017
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 02/14/2017

Perfect experience

Alisa was just perfect from start to finish. We had a quick call with her, then filled out a questionnaire about our relationship. From just that, she crafted a personal and meaningful ceremony that really felt like us. A lot of our guests asked us how we knew Alisa, as they all assumed she must be a good friend! Alisa, thank you for making our ceremony so special and the process so easy.

Sent on 12/16/2019

Alisa was our wedding celebrant for our elopement ceremony, and she is wonderful. We wanted something small and personal, and I was so moved by the ceremony she crafted for us. She is committed to finding what speaks to you personally. Beyond all this, she radiates warmth, beauty and kindness (trust me, you’ll feel it when you meet her).

Sent on 01/23/2017

Cat · Married on 12/10/2016

Alisa was a dream come true. I wanted our wedding ceremony to be something that my fiance and I would never forget, and Alisa delivered. She took the time to get to know us both individually and as a couple, and crafted a ceremony that was so unique to us. She eloquently told the story of our love, and was able to seamlessly weave in both touching moments and funny stories that made everyone laugh and cry. Alisa went above and beyond, both before the ceremony prepping me and my bridal party, as well as to afterwards when she braved the cold December night to help me take some wedding pictures. Alisa had everyone feeling the love in the room during our ceremony, and I couldn't have picked a better celebrant. If you want your ceremony to wow, hire her.

Sent on 02/20/2017

Kelsey · Married on 11/19/2016

Alisa was the celebrant for our wedding on November 19th of this year. To say she was fantastic would be an understatement. Alisa was absolutely wonderful. She is genuine, bubbly, and personable. From the very start of this whole process (which we began months and months before our wedding) she has been so great to work with. She’s been extremely responsive when it comes to answering emails and questions, which has definitely not been the case with all of our vendors. When my husband and I decided that we wanted to add in a glass ceremony she was flexible and even called me with a suggestion for a local glass blower that we could contact! The ceremony itself was so unique and personable. I can’t even count how many people came up to us afterwards and said they loved it – and everyone loved different parts of it! There were so many little touches that made it special, and we have Alisa to thank for it all. She was truly an integral part of our wedding day, and we are so thankful that we decided to have her write and perform our ceremony.

Sent on 11/23/2016

Erica · Married on 10/15/2016

It’s not often you say this about people you encounter, but Alisa truly is born to do what she does. She truly is gifted at capturing the love and personalities of those she weds, not to mention she is a genuinely kind and authentic person.

When you work with Alisa, you’ll be pleased to see that her focus is on the bond between two people. Her work and suggestions for ceremony is based on this, allowing the true color and character of those she works with to shine through unadulterated. She’s a gifted writer and storyteller with undeniable skill.

We will always remember Alisa not only for the beautiful ceremony she performed for us, but for the absolutely critical part she played in the most important and wonderful day of our lives. Her recommendations and patient guidance allowed for each us to be calm and focus on the moment we were about to share with each other. There were no distractions leading up to the big day.

For our “micro wedding” comprised of immediate family (dogs included!) we really got more than we ever could have expected. And for this, we will always remember Alisa. It truly is incredible that despite just having worked with Alisa for a brief amount of time we will remember her as vividly and fondly as anyone we will ever encounter together.

Sent on 01/03/2017

Kelsey · Married on 09/24/2016

Alisa was fantastic throughout the WHOLE process! She really cared about Mike and I and about our story. She goes all in and in the end she feels like a friend you've had your whole life. She helped to keep me calm and occupied while I was waiting for our guests to arrive! She made sure I was drinking enough fluids and snacking. She conducts herself with a professionalism that exceeds expectations and her peace, calmness and grace allows everyone around her to feel that much more calm. She is an absolute angel and delivered the most beautiful, intimate and personal ceremony I could have ever hoped for! If I could get married a thousand times over I would always chose Alisa!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Dominique · Married on 09/18/2016

Being a same sex couples comes with its challenges of being unique. Having people see beyond their bias of same sex couples comes with meticulous planning so people can just see the love. Knowing that we just want to love who we love and live in a country that respects others preferences seems almost impossible but working with Alisa Tongg it was as simple as a slice of pound cake????.

She told our story in a way that captivated all our guest attention. Made all the guest in the room understand what love really is from our eyes. Alisa was very patient and kind. Worked with us as a couple and as individuals just to add those special touches to our ceremony.

If your looking for uniqueness and someone to tell people your story, what love means to you, Alisa Tongg is your officiant. Our wedding was September 18th 2016 and as I write this review on September 22nd 2016 people are still in amazement of how she executed our ceremony with such grace and class.

Alisa Tongg is truly a gem and we thank you dearly????.

The Mrs. Denia and Dominique Starks

Sent on 09/22/2016

Glenanne · Married on 09/17/2016

Alisa was INCREDIBLE!!! We absolutely loved our ceremony, it was so so personal. Our guests continued all night to compliment our ceremony, they all loved it. She was such a pleasure to work with!! Her involvement made our day truly truly special and I could not recommend her more strongly.

Sent on 09/19/2016
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/17/2016

Alisa was absolutely AMAZING and the BEST decision we made for our wedding. We drove out to meet her in person about a year before the wedding and she was immediately warm, genuine, and down-to-earth…we left our meeting and looked at each other and said “this is it…she is perfect!” Alisa was able to create a beautiful interfaith ceremony that celebrated the beautiful traditions we both wanted to incorporate into our day. When she arrived at the venue the morning of our wedding, she embraced our family with genuine warmth, one that our parents so appreciated. Our ceremony was breathtaking – everyone is still talking about how much they loved Alisa! We can’t even begin to thank Alisa for everything that she has done for us; she is an incredible and unique person, one that we wish we could keep in our lives!

Sent on 09/25/2016

Michelle · Married on 09/08/2016

This is going to be hard to capture in words. Every single guests made it a point to tell us how much they enjoyed the ceremony. They all pointed out how customized it was to our story and our journey as a couple, it matched our personalities to a T. There was not one dry eye and there were tons of laughs that kept the ceremony engaging for all of our guests. Alisa captured our love story so perfectly, I cannot recommend her enough! If you are looking for a truly customized ceremony that provides a moment for your guests to feel the love between you two Alisa will do that and more! We had amazing touches like sage burning, a beautiful circle of love made of olive branches and flowers that our guests contributed too and a unity glass ceremony for the grooms children to be involved. When I think back on this day the ceremony is the first thing that comes to mind, we love reliving and rereading the beautiful words Alisa created.

Sent on 12/05/2016

Jess · Married on 09/04/2016

Alisa deserves 5 stars in all categories. There are truly not enough amazing things I could say about her and the entire process. When I first spoke to her, I knew she would be great to work with and she would create a ceremony that was perfect for us. She got to know us, listened to our story, and perfectly put it into words. Not only did she create a great ceremony, but she was so captivating delivering it on the wedding day. So many of my guests said the ceremony was perfect and that they loved Alisa! I would recommend her to anyone looking for an unforgettable ceremony and perfect wedding day.

Sent on 09/07/2016

Tori · Married on 09/03/2016

Alisa is everything you could ever hope for when having a custom wedding ceremony. So personal, so detail oriented and so sweet. She made all my ceremony dreams come true. It felt so good to hear loved ones and friends tell us it was the best ceremony they have ever been to. Thank you thank you thank you Alisa. ??

Sent on 09/27/2016

Mackenzie · Married on 09/02/2016

Choosing Alisa to be your celebrant should be one of the easiest decisions you make in wedding planning. I found her consistently glowing reviews online and then watched some videos of her ceremonies and was so blown away by her presence that I never really considered anyone else. Our guests all told us how special they thought our ceremony was, and that they never knew a wedding ceremony could be so interesting and tailor-made for the couple. If you’re looking for a unique ceremony and want it to be a memorable part of your wedding day, you can find no one better than Alisa. The process of creating your ceremony is relatively easy and she’ll help you get whatever traditions you want included. She’s much better than having a friend be your celebrant because she’s a professional, and can provide unwavering support during the planning process and the day of (and also give honeymoon tips if you’re going to Hawaii). I would encourage everyone to at least schedule a time to talk with Alisa and I think you’ll find the decision to book her as your celebrant will be an easy one after you confirm that the amazing presence she has shines even on skype!

Sent on 11/25/2016

Kaylee · Married on 08/29/2016

If your looking for someone to make your day beautiful and feel super personal look no further than Alisa!!
    I reached out and contacted her saying I was interested she almost immediately contacted me back giving me all her info. After begging my fiancé to let us have her and I'd make compromises on other wedding aspects he said yes.
    Through the next few month contact was easy Alisa doesn't make you wait.
    Alisa also doesn't just keep it business either. She wants to get to know you, keep in contact about your life even as far as social media (I love her Instagram ). Which is great because leading up to the moment you finally get to meet her in person it's like meeting up with an old friend.
    The day of the wedding she shows up ,on time,looking beautiful and gives the best hug. Before the ceremony she gets involved with everything. She talked to all the flower girls she helped my bridesmaids and the photographer out. If anything doesn't look right she is not afraid to get personal and help out.
    I will also say if you don't tell everyone all about her they will rant and rave about how wonderful she is. All my girls were complementing her like crazy. All you'll hear is how nice and helpful she is, how funny she is, and how fierce her hair looks haha!
    Jump to ceremony time, she makes sure that everyone knows where they need to be and when. She speaks eloquently and with great diction. When she speaks you can feel your story coming to life for all to see and feel. There are also a lot of mini ceremonies that you can incorporate into the wedding that Alisa will be happy to help with I chose a hand fasting and a certificate signing, they help add a personal touch to everything.

I honestly don't know what more to say !
    As Shia Labeouf and Nike would say "just do it !"
    You will not regret it at all !

Sent on 09/02/2016

Lauren · Married on 08/26/2016

Alisa is the type of person who will give you the shoes off of her feet, literally. After our ceremony, my feet aching, Alisa ran to her car, gave me a pair of flip flops and basically saved the day. Ladies and Gents, this is the kind of person you want working with you on your wedding day. When my fiance and I first spoke with Alisa we ended the Skype call and immediately agreed that we needed to make it happen. This was the easiest wedding decision that we made. If you work with Alisa, you will have the most personalized, emotional and beautiful ceremony that your guests will ever hear. We've only been back for a few days, but we've gotten emails and calls from people asking who our officiant was and telling us how it's one of the best ceremonies they've heard. My advice to brides and grooms is to remember why you are all gathered, the ceremony. A lot of things didn't go exactly as planned with the flowers and the decorations and I won't remember any of that, but I will always, always remember our ceremony and looking at our guests and seeing them laugh and cry with us - those memories are priceless to me. To top it off, Alisa is about the sweetest, kindest person you will meet, you won't regret working with her!!! xox

Sent on 09/06/2016

From our very first Skype conversation with Alisa to our wedding day, Alisa was amazing. We were actually married in private five years before at the courthouse, so our ceremony was a very emotional moment for us as we shared with friends and family our happiness. We also had the added challenge of blending in a traditional Vietnamese tea ceremony with the modern elements, but Alisa took it on enthusiastically and offered ideas to seamlessly work them together. She really listened to who we are as a couple, what we wanted our ceremony to feel like, and was able to convey it in a beautiful ceremony.

Many guests shared with us after that it was the most beautiful ceremony they’d ever been to, and that it was in a word, elegant. My partner and I were running late for the day-of rehearsal, and when I was flustered, I almost gave into the demands of other people on where to stand. I appreciated that Alisa paused and affirmed that it was absolutely about what I wanted for my vision. She is genuine, kind, and truly the most professional person we worked with for our wedding.

Sent on 08/24/2016

Dana · Married on 07/21/2016

Alisa was wonderful. The ceremony was exactly what we wanted for an elopement-style pop-up wedding. Even though it was a small wedding and a bit more casual, the professionalism and care that she put into making it special was amazing. She was a calming force on an almost-stressful day and truly made the moment about "celebrating". We cannot recommend her services enough. THANK YOU, Alisa.

Sent on 09/23/2016

Alisa wrote the most beautiful, heartfelt ceremony for us. It was sacred without being religious and felt genuine through and through. We received a ton of comments from our guests, many said they have never paid such attention to a ceremony and were pulled in by the story Alisa wove for them. Alisa was available since booking for questions and got to know us so she could incorporate our story honestly. She reviewed our vows and offered comments. You can tell she takes her work very seriously and we can't say how much we appreciate the special and unique ceremony she put together for us.

Sent on 07/05/2016