Alicia King Photography Reviews

Alicia King Photography 6
Alicia King Photography 7

Clare · Married on 09/14/2019

Alicia is incredible.

The most important wedding decision that we made was hiring Alicia to take our photos. Not only does she take ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS photos (and she really, really does); but she is just the loveliest person to work with. When we were first considering vendors, it took us all of 5 minutes in to our conversation with Alicia to know that we really wanted to work with her. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding photographer - she is totally professional - cool, calm and on top of it (even stressed mums!) and managed to get the most beautiful photos despite the intermittent rain. She is even a veil pro who put mine in right before the ceremony to surprise my husband. Rachel was her second shooter, and we really loved them both. Honestly, the photos we've seen so far are so incredible and I'm so excited to see the rest! She's also really helpful during planning - we've never planned a wedding before, but they are very much her "thing". I would hire her a hundred times over. I sort of want to have more events that need a photographer so that I can hire her to shoot them!

Sent on 09/29/2019
  • Grace

Grace · Married on 04/28/2019

A dream to work with!

I would recommend Alicia King Photography to absolutely anyone planning a wedding.

Originally we were planning on not having a photographer in an attempt to save a little money. However, after speaking with several friends, we realized that if you're going to spend money anywhere, a good photographer is probably one of the best things to invest in.

Alicia was wonderful to work with; her online form made it easy to plan out our shots for the big day!

Our photographers on the day, Rachel and Brittany, were absolutely out of this world. They were a joy to have around during the wedding and incredibly easy to work with.

Even while we were a little late getting ready, they used the time to take pictures of our of our little extras (favors, dress, gifts, notes, etc.) Then Rachel captured my getting ready shots while Brittany took pictures of my partner.

Rachel has an incredible eye and is wonderful about giving just enough direction to ensure that she can capture a perfect shot. She's creative, efficient, and wonderfully friendly; she was a joy to have as part of our day. Especially as someone who can get a little self-conscious during photos, I was so happy to have someone like Rachel there to help me to feel so comfortable. My partner said the same thing about Brittany who took the getting ready shots for him. They struck an excellent balance of catering to us while still being efficient and making sure all the shots were done. They were perfect.

Even through the rain, Rachel and Brittany were able to capture all the shots of our friends and family on the list in record time! Rachel balanced my shawl, veil, and held my vows for me while capturing shots. At one point she even braved a very precarious rock ledge to get the perfect photo! At the reception, they made sure to get a shot of my partner's Grandma, captured our sparkler photo outside, and stayed a little later than planned to catch a couple dancing photos.

We can't wait to see all the beautiful shots from our wedding and we couldn't be more grateful to Rachel and Brittany for being there to capture the day!

Sent on 05/02/2019

Devin · Married on 03/16/2019

The most beautiful photos!

Alicia was beyond amazing to work with. When starting to plan my wedding, the photographer was my number one vendor to focus on. I knew that pictures from my wedding day would be so important and wanted to ensure that we would have great photos to look back on. From our first conversation, Alicia put my husband and me at ease. She had great experience and even shared an album she recently shot at our venue which was so helpful in our decision-making process.

On our wedding day, Alicia was professional, efficient, and a champ for being there while 8 months pregnant. She made us feel so comfortable and also made sure we stayed on schedule. Alicia and her team made sure we got all the photos we wanted and then some. We got our sneak peek very quickly and are in love with how our photos came out. Alicia is so very talented and offers a great value. I would highly recommend her! We will cherish her beautiful photos for years to come. Thank you, Alicia, Tara, and Rachel!!!

Sent on 03/26/2019
    Alicia King Photography 8
    Alicia King Photography 9
  • Kay

Kay · Married on 11/03/2017

I was so nervous about finding the right photographer when it came to my wedding. When your wedding is over, all you have are the memories, unless you have a kickass photographer- which Alicia DEFINITELY was. She was always available to talk through ideas, whether is was about the engagement shoot, or shot ideas, or props- she always had my back. She was so easy to work with, and made sure that my husband and I were always happy and comfortable while she was photographing us. While we were looking at different photographers, Alicia had sent us samples of other weddings she had done so we could get a better idea for her style, and she even sent along pictures of another couple she photographed at our venue, which I think sealed the deal. To anyone who needs a photographer in the tri-state area, Alicia King Photography is it, she was worth EVERY PENNY. Love you, Alicia!!

Sent on 02/13/2018
    Alicia King Photography 10
    Alicia King Photography 11
    Alicia King Photography 12
    Alicia King Photography 13
    Alicia King Photography 14

Brynna · Married on 10/21/2017

We absolutely loved working with Alicia. Our engagement photo shoot was great, and we knew right away we were in good hands. On the wedding day she was efficient, so pleasant and easy to work with and open to making sure we got any particular photos we wanted. We absolutely love how all our photos turned out, could not ask for better. We will definitely recommend Alicia to everyone!

Sent on 12/23/2017

Laura · Married on 09/30/2017

Alicia is amazing and so talented! Very professional, super fun and sweet. She made us feel so comfortable during our engagement shoot and our wedding photos. The quality of her work is outstanding. We haven't gotten our wedding photos back yet (it's only been three weeks) but our engagement photos and the sneak peek of our wedding photos were better than we could have ever imagined, so we're sure the wedding photos will be just as good! Her prices are very competitive. Thank you so much, Alicia!

Sent on 11/02/2017
    Alicia King Photography 15

Kelly · Married on 09/29/2017

Alicia and her team were truly exceptional. From calming a nervous bride down with situational humor to helping me carry all of my belongings down a ski lift ride they were on point from the moment they arrived. Alicia is so down to earth and she really vibed with us immediately. We felt that she was not only friendly but also really and very professional. We would choose her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Laura · Married on 07/01/2017

This review is long overdue! We absolutely loved working with Alicia and Rachel and are blown away by our gorgeous photos. Alicia came with glowing recommendations from one of my best friends and right off the bat at our engagement shoot in Central Park, she made us feel comfortable and excited. Every photo was just beautiful. Alicia and Rachel traveled all the way to Ithaca, New York in the finger lakes for our wedding weekend and we are so grateful to them for making the trip. Alicia calmed my nerves when I was panicking about the rain on our wedding day and even sacrificed herself in a near downpour to get some amazing shots of me and my bridesmaids. My husband said Rachel was great with him and the guys when they were getting ready. The sun started shining right as our ceremony began, and our photos are so special and stunning. Will cherish them always. Thank you so much, Alicia & Rachel!

Sent on 01/20/2018
    Alicia King Photography 23
    Alicia King Photography 24
    Alicia King Photography 25

Angela · Married on 05/26/2017

Alicia and her assistant, Rachel, made myself and husband, as well as our bridal party and guests feel at ease and comfortable on our wedding day! They were incredibly professional, responsive, and kind; all of our guests were impressed by their flexibility and patience with our loud Irish and Italian family! We cannot wait to see all of the beautiful and unforgettable moments Alicia and Rachel captured on our big day. We would recommend Alicia King Photography to anyone who is getting married in the Hudson Valley area! :)

-Angela & Nick Pidala

Sent on 07/13/2017
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 05/20/2017

I could write a novel about our experience with the incredibly talented Alicia! But I'll try to get to the point.

I think it's safe to say that we've had the pleasure of working with Alicia longer than most couples engage with their photographer: First she snuck around to photograph the surprise proposal and the entire day that followed, then our engagement party, followed by the actual engagement shoot, after which point it only made sense that she also accompanied us to the Court to capture the moment of our paper-official marriage...and then, of course, the inevitable Wedding itself!

Needless to say, we immediately clicked with Alicia and have trusted her to capture every. single. milestone. leading up to our Big Day!

This wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for Alicia's tremendous talent, her quick-thinking and wit, her friendliness, sense of humor, and calming nature. At this point, Alicia has been part of our lives for over 2 years, and Garland and I both truly feel that we've gained a friend rather than just a go-to photographer. We've already invented reasons to be marked in her calendar for upcoming events—we'd miss her too much!

But in all seriousness, if you're looking for a photgrapher with the support, know-how, and pure desire to deliver the best quality photos, Alicia is your gal. We're not models by any means and constantly joked that we didn't know what to do with our hands. Alicia knows what you should do with your hands. She will quite literally get down and dirty, climb through trees, trudge through creeks—you name it—just to nail the shot. She's flexible, dedicated, and her energy is delightfuly contagious. Her vision and creativity is unparalleled, and she's organized at the same time—the perfect blend of left-brain/right-brain. I wouldn't trust my life moments to be captured by anyone else now that she's a part of our lives! Look no further!

THANK YOU ALICIA!!! You can't get rid of us now!

Love,
    N x G

Sent on 06/15/2017

beth · Married on 05/12/2017

We cannot say enough good things about Alicia. Her creative eye and artistic spirit come through in her work. With neither of us being 100% comfortable in front of the camera, Alicia made us feel relaxed and at ease during our engagement shoot and wedding day. You can tell she loves what she does, and you feel that when she is with you, making you more comfortable and able to have fun. Besides the standard photos, we had a few specific pictures we wanted to take and instead of making them seem like a burden, she was excited and enthusiastic about them. I love that Alicia and her assistant were able to capture all the small moments in between while somehow remaining hidden throughout the day/night. We will cherish our pictures for a lifetime and are so happy to have worked with such a true talent such as Alicia.

Sent on 02/27/2018

Kate · Married on 05/06/2017

Alicia is amazing. I fell in love with the photos she took of my best friend's wedding, and I knew I needed her to shoot my wedding as well. Alicia traveled all the way from NY to Annapolis, MD, for our wedding- she was a joy to work with and to be around. And despite some minor delays on our wedding day, she kept everyone calm and moving forward at a great pace. Most of all, Alicia is an incredible artist. Her photos are so stunning- she captures the subject of the photo with such clarity, and even though everything in the shot is vibrant and beautiful, you always know what you're supposed to be looking at. Seriously, she's magic. My husband and I are so grateful to Alicia for capturing our special day, and we cannot recommend her highly enough. Thank you Alicia!

Sent on 06/11/2017

Alison · Married on 03/26/2017

Alicia King is an absolutely amazing photographer to work with. She is a master of her craft, and she and her team beautifully captured our engagement photos and our wedding day. Our engagement photo shoot, taken at Croton Point Park, was a great opportunity to get to know Alicia and her photography style. Having photographed a number of weddings at our venue, The Grandview in Poughkeepsie, Alicia knew the area well and was able to get the best shots in the best locations. She was incredibly easy to work with, but she was also able to provide strong direction to keep the formal photo session on schedule. Her casual and candid photography style allowed us to act naturally and be ourselves while she worked her magic. Alicia and her photo team, while working seamlessly alongside our videography team, were able to capture the most special moments of our wedding day while not seeming intrusive or in the way. They made it fun to take photos throughout the night, and they even sneaked into our photo booth for a quick pic! We couldn’t imagine having anyone other than Alicia King take our photos for our wedding. We absolutely recommend her to anyone who wants a fantastic experience and gorgeous photos of their wedding day!

Sent on 05/07/2017

Jillian · Married on 02/11/2017

Alicia King Photography did an incredible job taking our engagement (summer) and wedding photos (winter). The most brief way we could describe our pictures would be that they were absolutely stunning. She captured even the smallest details, emotion and natural light of every moment, and at every angle to give us the most beautiful recap of our wedding day. We have so many great shots together and of our guests, it's impossible to have a favorite! Alicia is adventurous and enthusiastic about her work and it was so exciting to follow her lead during our shoots. Alicia and her assistant Rachel are not only talented photographers, catching every moment, but such pleasant professionals. Alicia King is an absolutely gifted photographer and we highly recommend her.

Sent on 05/29/2017

Meredith · Married on 10/22/2016

I booked Alicia to photograph my October wedding a few months back and part of her package includes engagement photos. We loved the way they turned out! Using them for save the dates, thank you cards, and even gave some as Christmas presents. Can't wait to see how my photos on the big day turn out!

Sent on 01/16/2016

Nicole · Married on 08/04/2016

Hiring Alicia was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We could not be more pleased with her or her work! Our friends & family were blown away by our wedding photos. Alicia put us at ease and made us feel comfortable. She included an engagement shoot in our package, which was great because we were able to see what it was like to work with her way in advance. A week or so before the wedding Alicia sent me an in depth document of all the shots that we wanted as well as what we didn’t want. During the wedding, she made sure to take all the shots we requested. Throughout the day she and her assistant captured emotions, reactions, and moments of not just my husband and myself, but our guests as well. As soon as we got our photos we were able to re-lived the day all over again, including some moments that we had no clue happened because Alicia caught them. We feel so lucky to have found Alicia and I recommend her to everyone.

Sent on 12/07/2016

Jessica · Married on 07/01/2016

I couldn't have asked for a better photographer for my wedding day than Alicia! From the moment my (now) husband and I decided to have Alicia shoot our wedding day, she was nothing but amazing, and made us feel like her top priority. Whenever I had a question or an idea she would listen to me and talk about it to see if it worked! On the wedding day, my family and my in-laws wanted LOTS of family photos - any combination you could think of and Alicia made sure they all got done before the ceremony! Alicia & her assistant Rachel made sure that we all felt comfortable, and went above and beyond to make sure we got all pictures we wanted, and she knew we'd want! We had a huge Hora (traditional Jewish dance), and I saw Alicia just going around the circle the whole time taking pictures of everyone participating! Her visions are beyond amazing, and I can't wait to see the final product from our wedding day!

Sent on 07/09/2016

Jeff · Married on 03/19/2016

You will find very few photographers that have the same passion and professionalism, as Alicia King Photography. While planning for our wedding, one of our biggest worries was sacrificing guests’ enjoyment of the evening with photographs. Alicia King Photography proved that she is a photographer who can bring creative passion and professionalism in a perfect union. She was able to command attention but in a very professional way, without being czar-like. In the end, we were more than just satisfied with how the sit down family portrait photos turned out. In fact, the wedding preparation, church ceremony, and the candid reception photos also looked amazing. It really displayed her versatility as a photographer.
    We were so impressed with how much energy she devotes from the engagement photos, to the actual wedding day (not skipping a beat from morning until the end of the wedding reception), and finally to the editing process. What we found that Alicia King has great intuition to judge where to find the best shots.
    Her versatility also applied to navigating an unconventional wedding itself. Our wedding, being an LGBT one, did not follow the standard customs that a traditional one would. Alicia King handled it like a pro and still captured every special moment. We whole-heartedly recommend Alicia King Photography!

-Jeffrey Fong and Robert Gordon

Sent on 06/30/2016

Alicia King is beyond the best photographer you will ever find. She did our Engagement photos back in August and our Wedding this past month. She really went ABOVE and BEYOND for our big day. We could not be more thankful to have had her as our wedding photographer. She is so relaxed and stress free yet at the same time she executes her job so perfectly and professionally. The photos are just absolutely breathtaking . We will treasure them for generations to come. Her photography skills are second to none and she is so incredibly compassionate and kind. I cannot say enough about her amazing work or the type of person she is. She makes you feel comfortable and helps in any way she can. I feel so lucky to have found her. A true GEM she is in every way. Being a wedding photographer myself I say this with 100% confidence. Look no further ! :)

Sent on 11/17/2015

Vinessa · Married on 10/23/2015

Working with Alicia was amazing! She is truly an artist and captured amazing shots on our wedding day. She is very professional, and was super easy to work with.

Sent on 12/05/2015

Karen · Married on 10/03/2015

There aren't enough good things I can say about Alicia. I found her by accident... And it was such a happy accident. The moment I saw her work I knew she was the photographer for us. She has an incredible eye for detail and knows how to execute to get that perfect photo. I still can't believe how beautiful our wedding pictures came out! And all of our family members are in awe as well! The wonderful comments about our beautiful photos don't stop. And they are always followed up by a statement of "you had an awesome photographer" to which I reply "I know". Additionally, Alicia is very easy going and personable. She made us feel very comfortable and she was easy to work with. I never stressed out about any detail with her. And any time I contacted her she responded quickly and professionally. Alicia, we will be coming to you in the future!!! We <3 you!

Sent on 01/22/2016
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 07/03/2015

Alicia was incredible. She was so easygoing and made me feel so comfortable the day of my wedding and leading up to it. She had great suggestions and also listened to exactly what I wanted. I am so excited and anxious to see the pictures, because I know she did an incredible job!!! She's the best!

Sent on 07/07/2015

Ashley · Married on 05/16/2015

Everyone always says make sure you have a great photographer for your wedding, because you can never get those pictures again. I am so grateful that I found Alicia to be my photographer for that special day. Alicia was originally recommended to me by a friend. She had her brother's wedding and said she was great. I reached out to her and she responded right away. During the process, we met with a couple photographers. I ended up bringing my Mom with me because I wanted another persons opinion, and after we met Alicia, my mom said "You need to book her asap". I'm so glad that I listened to her opinion. Throughout the whole planning process Alicia was beyond great. She was always responsive and would text or email back right away. The day of the wedding, I think she showed up around 8:30 a.m. and was with us until it ended at 11 p.m., not to mention it was her birthday!! Not only is she a great photographer, but she has a great personality. We had a little detour on our way to the reception, and instead of being annoyed.. she went in and starting taking pictures of the guys getting more beer. It was great, she made me feel relaxed the whole night. She even reminded me of pictures that I told her I wanted. I could go on and on about how great my experience was with Alicia. She has become more a friend than anything. Needless to say, if I had to do it all over again, there is nothing I would change about hiring Alicia for my wedding. I can't thank her and Rachel (her assistant, who is also amazing) enough for capturing pictures that I am going to cherish for the rest of my life!

Sent on 07/11/2015

Devan · Married on 04/26/2015

Alicia was so great. She truly loves what she does and you can tell in her pictures. We didn’t have the sunniest day for our wedding or the warmest but Alicia was right there taking all the great shots for us. She also eased my mind and told me that cloudy days are the best for pictures. We loved our engagement pictures and can’t wait to see our wedding ones!

Sent on 05/05/2015

Kristiona · Married on 04/04/2015

I can't say enough great things about Alicia . We got married on April 4 2015. Our wedding was the best day/ night of our lives!!!!!!! Alicia has done two shoots for me previously before so I knew my pictures would come out amazing !!!!! She is so sweet (so is her assistant Brittany)!!!! Very easy going and calm !!! Helps with the stress the day can bring on a bride ;) for sure she captured the beautiful moments of my husband and I's wedding. We look forward to using her for our maternity shoot :) she is so creative and truly loves what she does. It shows through her work tremendously !!!!! This is her passion!!!! We love you Alicia : ) and want to thank you and Brittany again for doing an amazing job and contributing to our perfect night !!!
    Love always , Tim & Kristiona Kramer ️xoxo