Alexa's Catering Reviews

Alexa's Catering 3
Alexa's Catering 4
Alexa's Catering 5

Jay and Stephanie · Married on 08/10/2019

Great Food and Wonderful Service!

Alexa’s Catering exceeded our expectations in everyone way. They not only provided excellent food but also handled nearly all the setup on our wedding day (including our own personal table decorations) and were even able to serve a smoked salmon appetizer that was caught by the groomsmen, which every other caterer we talked to wouldn’t do. Alexa and Leigh are incredibly easy to work with and we would recommend Alexa’s to everyone we know.

Sent on 08/22/2019

Dean · Married on 09/15/2018

I apologize if you see/have seen this review elsewhere. Want to cast a wide net for Alexa's.

From the beginning, Leigh (owner) was great to work with. They operate a breakfast/lunch restaurant as well as the catering company (stop by if you're in Bothell for a great breakfast), and we had a great dinner there after rehearsal as well as a fun tasting of samples of their catering menu at a separate event.

In the end, everything was on time, on budget, and executed just as our daughter wanted. They provided what was ordered and also worked with her on customizing many things - she wanted her own gold leaf chargers and other bride-provided items that were set by Alexa's, and they provided a bartender who served alcohol that we brought to the venue (I didn't know that caterers allowed customer furnished alcohol!).

The food was prepped and served very well in a challenging setup with no convenient kitchen. Leigh has developed some very unique, great tasting dishes. My wife's favorite is a fruit and vegetable landscape that was a buffet appetizer and big hit. From the setup to cleanup, the on site staff was accommodating and helpful and packed up all of the items that the bride furnished as well food and cake to take.

Our daughter had an outdoor wedding this past weekend, with rain in the forecast for the Seattle area. Leigh went through all of the logistics of procuring and having a large tent installed on short notice, and even coordinated with other weddings before and after ours to get their buy-in and contributions for the tent. Truly "above and beyond" in my book.

We can't say enough about the whole experience with Alexa's. Highly recommend.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Alexandra · Married on 09/02/2018

My husband and I cannot express enough just how amazing Alexa and everyone and Alexa's Cafe and Catering are ... Your meal and your wedding is incredibly important and they 100% understand this and make you feel it. We decided to book Alexa's for our wedding before trying there food (crazy right?). They were a preferred caterer recommended by our venue and the reviews we read were spectacular. From our first visit to one of their catering open houses, we were delighted with the food and blown away by the exceptional customer service. Both Alexa and her mother (owner and founder of the cafe), were present during the open house and took the time to sit down and speak to us and answer any and all questions we had right away. We had absolutely no need to worry what-so-ever about having our needs and requests met for our wedding. I asked for individual baguette's for each setting — Alexa loved the idea and had them come from Macrina Bakery (amazing). I asked to have parchment paper and twine wrapped around each one — Alexa and her team were more than happy to take this on morning of the wedding. I asked for different CORT rentals multiple times — Alexa responded so nicely and made every adjustment without hesitation or any judgement. I could go on ... We were able to say hello and thank them during our wedding and it felt more like a new friendship than anything. After our wedding, we received countless compliments on every dish ... Especially the steak. Could not recommend enough. Thank you so much to Alexa (our main point of contact), and the team. We love you!!

Sent on 09/28/2018

katie · Married on 08/04/2018

If we could give more than 5 stars, we absolutely would. Everything, and I mean everything was phenomenal. Leigh was incredible from day 1, and everything was perfect on our wedding day. We did a buffet dinner for about 70 people, and I think every guest raved about the food. They were accommodating of dietary restrictions, and so helpful with even things we didnt think of in relation to food and beverage service. Alexa's even coordinated our rentals (chairs for our ceremony and some decor items as well through CORT). Our event was held at a winery, but they provided bartending services and beer for our event, serving the winery's wine as well. The staff, food, drinks, communication, timeliness, professionalism, everything was just extraordinary.

We hope to have another event in the future that Alexa's can cater!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Chelsea · Married on 07/14/2018

We worked with Alexa's Catering for our recent wedding, and we would happily recommend them to anyone! The food was fantastic, and their staff was both unobtrusive and incredibly effective. It felt like we just gave them an idea of what we wanted in the meetings before the wedding, and they ran with it wonderfully. The bar was efficient, the buffet laid out beautifully with signs and flowers that they provided, and they even made a fancy design with berries on our simple cheesecake (we went for taste over fanciness, so this was a really neat surprise). I was a little worried when their prices were so competitive that we were going to get nickle-and-dimed the whole way, but this fear turned out to be completely unfounded-- the estimate based on our uncertain vision at the beginning of our planning process turned out to be higher than the final bill once we'd nailed down all of the details. And let me reiterate, because I think this is important-- the food was AMAZING. The chicken was moist (not a simple feat in a buffet!), the lasagna wonderfully cheesy, and all of the sides and breads were simply delicious.

Sent on 08/20/2018

Marisa · Married on 11/02/2017

Working with Alexa's Catering was a fantastic decision! We hired them to cater our wedding/rehearsal dinner, and it was wonderful working with the staff. We utilized their restaurant for the rehearsal dinner space; it was the perfect space at no additional cost! Alexa's was the only catering company to offer day-of support with table decorations, early set-up, etc. The detailed questions I was asked in our final meeting were similar to the wedding planner's questions, reassuring me they wanted to get the vision just right. (Also, very helpful if you choose to proceed without a coordinator.) Alexa's had a great working relationship with our venue (DeLille), which was extremely comforting as they would be locking up at the end of the night. We received SO many compliments after the wedding on how delicious the food was, and everyone LOVED the desserts! We were happily eating leftovers for the next few days. Great company and great family to work with!

Sent on 03/08/2018
    Alexa's Catering 6
    Alexa's Catering 7
    Alexa's Catering 8
    Alexa's Catering 9
    Alexa's Catering 10
  • MrsDrum

Katelynn · Married on 06/03/2017

Alexa's was very easy to work with and we were happy with the service! All of my questions were always answered through email. The food was good! The staff was professional and courteous. We would recommend Alexa's!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Kirsten · Married on 10/02/2016

Food was great, service was great, overall an ideal experience! My husband and I appreciated the opportunity to try different dishes at the monthly open house events. Overall, Alexa's did an amazing job and I would not change a thing! Thank you!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Dwayne · Married on 09/11/2016

Everything was perfect! Food tasted amazing! Staff was professional and timely.

Sent on 09/30/2016

Claudia · Married on 07/22/2016

Please consider Alexa's Catering, the service was wonderful, the food delicious, even after the "great fire" in Bothell. My wedding was the next day. The staff was very friendly too, great local community business.

Sent on 08/12/2016

Kate · Married on 07/16/2016

Alexa's was such a wonderful choice of food for my wedding! I saw them first at the Snohomish Wedding Tour and was in love with their Fruit and Vegetable landscape. My field and passion is healthy food and I was so impressed with the presentation and freshness of the food. I went to their cafe not once, but three times to taste food for the wedding because it was so delicious. They worked so well discussing the day with my venue and my wedding planner that I had no qualms about how the day was going to go. Their staff and bartenders were so professional and dealt with my large Irish family wonderfully. They even helped my husband and I cut the cake when it was obvious we had no clue what we were doing! I am so thankful I live in Kenmore so I can visit them in Bothell and eat at the cafe whenever I feel like it. Thank you for being so fantastic!

Sent on 07/21/2016

We hired Alexa's Catering for a home wedding with just under 100 guests, and they were outstanding overall. They managed the event so thoroughly we had nothing to worry about on the day of the event! And when they left our house, you couldn't tell they were even there because it was spotless. They set up and took down tables, chairs, linens and decorations. The food was excellent, and they worked hard with smiles on their faces the entire time! Will recommend them to anyone who is planning a wedding for special event requiring catering!

Sent on 06/30/2016

Gretchen, Alexa and their entire staff were so amazing to work with! Gretchen listened to our every need to make our wedding food and experience unique. They came recommended from our venue and we are so happy with our choice. The food turned out amazing, especially the sliders! We even did late night snacks and drinks that they served on trays for us at the end of the evening. They were professional and friendly! Our guests keep complimenting us on how good the food was that night! Gretchen always responded to my questions promptly, did our tasting with us and even came to the venue to do a walk through of everything to make sure I felt comfortable with all the decisions and how the day should go. Cannot thank Gretchen, Alexa and their staff enough for the awesome job they did preparing for the wedding and day of!

Sent on 06/03/2015

Stacey · Married on 02/28/2009

I cannot say enough good things about this caterer. I worked with Gretchen. She was amazing. She recommended a menu, met us at the hall and took care of everything for us. She always returned phone calls right away answered our questions immediately! On the day of the event, the staff was wonderful. They arrived several hours early, set everything up including the center pieces, favors, etc. The food was so good, I only wish that we had had more left overs! All the guests raved about the food. Then they cleaned everything, including sweeping the hall. All we had to do was pack up our gifts. Alexa's Cafe and Catering is in my book. the best caterer ever!!!

Sent on 03/03/2009

Alia · Married on 09/06/2008

The food and service was excellent. We had many compliments in regards to the catering.

Sent on 10/15/2008

Kelly · Married on 08/30/2015

Alexa's was more than we hoped for! I met my husband across the street from Alexa's so they seemed perfect to host. Communication, handling, and the staff was very on top that day and we appreciate it so much! They host tastings which we attended - more of a catering feel than just visiting their restaurant. Big shout out to Alexa's, an all-round kind of restaurant. They are full of experience and made our day awesome!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Kimberly · Married on 08/19/2011

I loved Alexa's! Everyone I worked with was knowledgeable, professional and really nice! They worked with me on a buffet dinner for our outside wedding and everything was wonderful. The servers were great, very professional and very efficient. We never had an empty tray and when the reception was over they were very quick about getting all our left overs boxed and ready to go. They were great and we loved the food! It was so nice to be able to sit and enjoy good food at our own wedding!!

Sent on 08/31/2011

Alison · Married on 08/29/2010

Excellent food! I ordered a customized lunch style buffet for my wedding that accommodated my budget, dietary needs, and wedding style. They were very flexible, reasonable, and professional. I had several great comments about how great the food tasted. My only complaint is that the teriyaki salmon (which was amazing) was soo good that we ran out and people at the end of the line did not get any.

Sent on 01/29/2011
  • Katarina

Katarina · Married on 05/18/2013

Alexa's not only is a cafe, but it also has it's own catering department. I had been to Alexa's several times as far as the cafe goes, but didn't even know about their catering department until we started planning our wedding.

When I saw that they did catering I instantly starting inquiring. They were an absolute joy to work with, I probably e-mailed them 50 different times at the beginning, and they responded each and every time. They were so patient and willing to work with me and our budget. We booked over a year in advance, and they helped with each and every step of the way.

As the time got closer to the wedding, they even threw in a few extra things here and there to help us out. I couldn't have asked for a better caterer, they were so perfect. The food was absolutely incredible, and they did such a great job on the day of the wedding. We had to do a room flip to transform the ceremony into the reception, and they handled the whole thing included in their original quote. After the wedding was over, they completely cleaned the kitchen and tore down everything for us.

If you need a caterer for any event, I would definitely recommend them. They are a joy to work with, and can help with all of your details. ALEXAS ROCKS!

Sent on 06/26/2013

Elisa · Married on 08/28/2016

Alexa's was a great choice. They were the preferred caterer for the venue we chose, and we gladly booked them. The experience they had there, I think really amplified the quality overall. The food was fresh and very good. My favorites were there veggie/fruit array and the teriyaki smoked salmon - delicious!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Kelly · Married on 08/20/2009

Super people to work with!

Sent on 09/09/2009

Amber · Married on 11/18/2006

I loved the food we had at our wedding. they were pretty flexible with letting us choose the things we wanted served at our wedding.

Sent on 11/25/2009

Alexa's was wonderful to work with. When I gave them a general idea of what we were looking for, they came back with a great proposal and then were very willing to work with us to customize. They were so professional and made sure we got exactly what we wanted (as opposed to some other caterers who tried to tell us what we wanted to fit better with what they wanted to do). The service was fantastic, everything looked beautiful and tasted even better, and the portions were more than generous! In fact the only downside is that we had way more food and leftovers than expected, but the staff boxed them up beautifully so that we were able to enjoy it all after. They set up and cleaned up perfectly and made our whole event run smoothly!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Good service and responsiveness - started out absolutely amazing, but once wedding season was underway, it took a little longer to hear back and one little detail got missed on the wedding day (not a huge deal - was still amazing). Good value and my guests loved the food!

Sent on 09/15/2014

4.2

The food was amazing and everyone we worked with was very kind. However, we were told that the lady that was working with us through the process would be at the wedding venue the day of the wedding but she wasn't. It was all new faces. They also said they would add another sandwich option but it didn't show up on the wedding day either. They also schedule a lot of time for their staff to set up and clean up which you pay for and at the end of the night they pretty much stood around for over an hour. But overall everything was great and I would totally recommend them!! (If you meet with them at their cafe you get a free meal durning the meeting!)

Sent on 07/05/2012