Alexandria's Premier Lakeview Weddings Reviews

4.7 out of 5 rating

• Laura
    Laura Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing, stress-less experience.

I couldn't have better things to say about George and this venue. If you have your wedding here or at Bayshore you will NOT be disappointed. The food was amazing, the setup was seamless and George was able to ensure we had transportation at the last minute to the church for the wedding party (since my groom dropped the ball a little on this). He was great at responding to questions and the day went off without a hitch. We also had our rehearsal dinner at GS Steamers which is run by the same people, also a great experience.
    Lauren Married on 05/27/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

If you're considering wedding venues in the Central New York area, Alexandria's is incredible. We first visited Alexandria's on a whim. Within minutes, we turned to each other and knew this was the place. Competitor venues did not have the same size, upscale and modern facilities, nearby hotel accommodations, and competitive pricing. Alexandria's is physically attached to a well-maintained Best Western. Guests complimented the surrounding area and appreciated being able to literally wake up at the venue.
    The location of Alexandria's made travel for pictures rather convenient. The ceremony itself, held on site, was absolutely beautiful. Once our ceremony finished, guests were able to walk into the building and enjoy cocktail hour. Not needing to transport guests between the ceremony site and the reception was a huge logistical, time-management, and financial advantage. The cocktail hour room has a huge, modern bar in it along with balcony access. The main room for the party looked amazing. Amenities were clean, bar service was great, and food was fantastic.
    Between our first tour of Alexandria's to the big day itself, everyone we interacted and spoke with came across as personable, professional, and accommodating to requests. George maintained an incredibly humble and helpful demeanor throughout all phases of coordinating the event. He was wonderful to work with and so accommodating! Behind-the-scenes support for the bride and groom during the big day was phenomenal. We cannot thank him and his staff for creating one of the best days of our lives. Guests continue to compliment us about our the great time they had. We highly encourage people in search of a wedding or event venue to book with Alexandria's!!
    Rachel Married on 07/15/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Alexandria’s is really the best reception venue we could have asked for! The banquet room was HUGE and had a bar that could be open to the room or closed off with a good-sized balcony. Since I do not live locally, I was worried about planning the wedding from across the country. George, one of the owners, was so awesome during the entire planning process and during the reception, he truly made it all as stress-free as a wedding can be! The reception hall was so beautifully put together. All of the wait staff and the bartenders on shift were also amazing, one of the bartenders Brooke, came up to us and introduced herself and made sure to let us know to come to her if we needed any special drink orders. Everyone at Alexandria’s really went out of their way to make our day special.
    The hotel was extremely accommodating to all of the guests. My fiancé (now husband!) and I had an awesome room that was big enough to accommodate all six bridesmaids, a makeup artist, photographers, my parents and myself while we got ready!
    I could go on and on about how happy my husband and I are that we chose Alexandria’s… So, check out Alexandria’s! They are easy to work with, accommodating, affordable, and the venue is just beautiful.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Kate Married on 06/25/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The Broadwell Family is the definition of professionalism. George and Brooke are the most fun, helpful and dedicated staff that I have ever worked with. Jen at the Best Western made sure our guests and us had everything we needed. Alex's was BEAUTIFUL. Our ceremony took place on 6/25/16 in sunny, cloudless 85 degrees---if that isn't the icing on the cake, i don't know what is! Brooke and Alissa knew exactly how we wanted the space set up for the reception-it's like they were in my head. After meeting my husband while attending SUNY Oswego, we knew we had to get married there. The food, service, style, waitresses, bartenders, housekeepers--everyone was impeccable! I don't know anywhere else we would have had a note from housekeeping wishing us luck on our wedding day, it was such a heartfelt note, I kept it. I cannot thank George enough-he planned with us, made sure we had everything we needed and made our day so special. Looking at Brooke on my wedding day made me realize I had nothing to worry about, the day was perfect! Thank you so much for our fabulous wedding!
    Bethany Married on 08/29/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I loved my wedding and mostly due to the fact that Alexandria's is a fantastic venue!! My husband and I attended University in Oswego so coming back to our college town to get married just made sense. Alexandria's is a newer venue that is very accommodating and heres why:

George is a fantastic wedding planner and helped calmed my nerves throughout the whole experience

The staff at the venue and hotel (which is directly attached) went above and beyond to be sure our guests were happy and the hotel bags we created were given to our guests -Thanks Jen!

The food was fantastic and not your typical "wedding food"

The outdoor ceremony space is directly on the harbor making it a beautiful place to say your vows

The cocktail space is huge with a full wrap around bar and an outdoor balcony allowing guests to enjoy the outdoors while they drink and enjoy

The reception hall is very large and the dance floor is the perfect size for all my crazy dance enthusiast guests.

The overall feel of the venue is very laid back yet everyone employed is on top of their responsibilities

Many of our guests were from Canada so the fact that my guests had to travel a significant distance, I liked that the ceremony space, cocktail space, reception space and hotel were all in one place!

I loved Alexandrias and hope you will too!!!

Thanks!!!!! :)
  • Jamie
    Jamie Married on 09/06/2014
    4.4 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating
      4.5 out of 5 rating
    Alexandria's is a stunning venue. The reception hall itself is decorated beautifully and the view is amazing. We loved the balcony off the Reception hall that allowed our guests to have drinks looking out at the water and getting beautiful pictures of the sunset. The bar was huge which easily accommodated our large party (~300 people) and had stools all around the bar which made cocktail hour really great to offer places for people to sit and it was a real, stationery bar that you would find in an upscale restaurant, not one of those make-shift bars that you see at a lot of wedding venues.

The food was amazing! I had guests tell me that they have never had such good food at a Wedding. We ordered the Chicken Cordon Bleu, New York Strip and Salmon and everyone enjoyed all of the meals! My husband and I had the Chicken and Steak and they were both incredible.

The Wedding planning Coordinators were great to work with. George and Sherri were both tremendous and responsive. My only complaint was that the staff working the night of the wedding was not very responsive to guests. We had one table that did not get their food for quite a while after other tables. I did not know this until the day after but I was disappointed in how the staff responded to the situation.
    B A Married on 08/06/2022
    2.6 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating

Poor communication

Communication was consistently poor even into after our wedding when we called, emailed, & texted multiple times to coordinator Linda & owner George simply to give feedback on our experience:
    1. We attempted to go over plans with the coordinator leading up to our wedding, but they didn’t return calls or review details, leading to confusion & chaos on wedding day. Groom & parents had to run around to set up decor themselves. We had confirmed that the venue would do this night before, but they ended up having a dinner banquet in our ballroom instead. Setup on the day of the wedding was haphazard, disorganized, & time-consuming out of bride and groom’s own schedule when we should've been enjoying getting ready with bridal party & family. The setup took literally our entire morning & afternoon: we had to arrange the area ourselves (easels/signs, card box, etc), barely had time for photos since all of it was spent running around doing the venue’s job, & then rushed to start the wedding.
    2. On wedding day, we only saw the coordinator twice: bringing snacks for the girls, and signaling me to walk down the isle. Shockingly, she was seen giving a venue tour to 2 other couples on our wedding day instead of helping us!
    3. A fishing boat pulled up on the dock right next to our ceremony area before the wedding began. The venue did nothing until my parents intervened and asked the fishermen to dock a little ways down to not interrupt our ceremony. Also, restaurant tables & their open umbrellas were in the way of my isle to walk through, not moved till parents also brought this up.
    4. Parking lot next to ceremony area was supposed to be blocked off, but not done. Restaurant guests were going in and out, & I had to wait to go down the isle as a car suddenly came in to park.
    5. Groom & his men had no one check in on them or even offer water. They rushed around, literally took turns drinking out the faucet.
    6. Complimentary champagne is advertised for bride, groom, and parent table, but not done. All of our glasses were empty.
    7 Cake wasn’t served. We paid for a sit-down dinner, but for dessert, they cut our 5-tier cake in the back and quietly brought it out, set it literally in the back of the room where most guests didn’t even see or know it was there. We found out after that most of our cake went to waste as many guests didn’t get cake, including the groom himself!
    8 Coordinator didn't coordinate the wedding at all. The timeline we emailed was not followed, adding to our chaos, and ended up missing sunset photos since she was nowhere to be found. We sent 3 emails of questions/details over a week before the wedding. No response. At rehearsal, we inquired about the emails, only to be told they were busy & hadn’t reviewed them.
    9 We also emailed final head count/meal choices a week prior to the wedding & waited for the final bill. Again, no response. Coordinator gave us the bill right before our wedding started, & later pulled me out of the photo booth with our guests during our reception just to obtain the remaining balance. Luckily we had brought our check book which I was forced to keep on me all day. Also, bill was not adjusted for guests that cancelled, even when we gave plenty notice. Meals were paid for, but not given to us packed to-go.
    10 We were promised the room fee for rehearsal dinner at their restaurant would be waived since we were having our wedding there too. This wasn't honored; a surprise room fee was tacked on the bill.