Aleen Floral Design Reviews

Aleen Floral Design 7
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 06/15/2019

The greatest florist

I am so glad we chose them for our flowers. They absolutely transformed our space and did wonders. They completed our vision and even enhanced it. They went above and beyond what they were required to do, and I kept receiving compliments on the flowers all night long. Don’t hesitate; choose them!

Sent on 06/16/2019
  • Shalom

Shalom Furst · Married on 06/01/2019

Better than I even imagined

Karen was absolutely wonderful to work with! She was so attentive to detail, so knowledgeable not only about flowers, but also remembering things about our relationship to help tie into our big day. The flower arrangements and bouquets were amazing! I originally thought I was going to "DIY" all the centerpieces and bouquets, but she was able to give me everything I wanted and more that I didn't even think about (flowers for card table, greenery for lanterns, greenery/flowers for welcome sign) with zero stress on my wedding day and added so much. Definitely recommend Karen and her team! They're so great!

Aleen Floral Design 8
    Aleen Floral Design 13
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 05/31/2019

Perfection :)

Karen is absolutely amazing! She was a recommendation to us from our amazing wedding planner (Greenery & Grace), and we couldn't have been happier. I knew looking at the flowers and ideas she sent me that it was exactly what I was looking for and what I was envisioning. Karen really brought my wedding vision to life. The flowers, signage, and table settings were absolutely perfect. We got so many compliments on them. During the planning process Karen was super easy to work with and even sent us some of the sweetest gifts. Even though she cut her finger open the day before our wedding, she still showed up and made everything perfect. I highly recommend Aleen Floral Design for any flower design need!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Laura · Married on 05/25/2019

She made our vision come to life!

Gosh, where do I begin!? I found Aleen Floral Design on Instagram after scouring several sites, posts, accounts...you name it. I had a true vision for classic flowers, with a lot of white flowers and greenery. I actually showed Karen a pictures of what I wanted my bouquet to look like...and honestly, the bridal bouquet she made for me was even better. Karen is incredible. She walked us through the process from start to finish. She made our vision come to life - and let me tell you...it was a process! This included several phone calls and face time chats and a lengthy meeting at our venue. Karen brought the vases, she brought the diagrams, she brought an incredible vision. When I walked into our reception room on our wedding day, my jaw dropped. There are literally pictures of me walking in - in absolute awe of our head table. Karen made my vision come to life on the best day of my life. Karen is a professional and a true artist at her craft. I adore her and she even sends beautiful gifts along the way. Not only that, she went above and beyond on our wedding day and added some florals that we didn't even ask for. She made us smile, she made our day special and I would recommend her to all brides in the Hampton Roads area and beyond! What a wonderful team and an incredible vendor. Thank you, Aleen Floral Design!

Aleen Floral Design 14
    Aleen Floral Design 15
    Aleen Floral Design 16
    Aleen Floral Design 17
    Aleen Floral Design 18

Hannah Carter · Married on 05/25/2019

Beautiful service and flowers!

Karen and her team were a joy to work with and they captured our vision perfectly. The flowers were GORGEOUS and we received so many compliments! Karen was very flexible throughout the planning process making herself available whenever we were visiting from out of town and completely re-imagining the design when we changed our minds on the color palette. Thank you Aleen Floral Design for making our wedding so beautiful!

Aleen Floral Design 19

J Menter · Married on 11/10/2018

Creative and Collaborative with strong focus on overall vision

Karen Roa of Aleen Floral Design is nothing short of fabulous. I described to her my vision for our November wedding at the Wren School House and Williamsburg Inn and she exceeded my expectations. We had the most incredible table garlands and, somehow, she came through with peonies - in November - for my bouquet. Not an easy feat. Karen is thoughtful, creative, collaborative and is very focused on the overal vision and look. What a dream to work with her!

Sent on 03/28/2019
    Aleen Floral Design 20
    Aleen Floral Design 21
    Aleen Floral Design 22
    Aleen Floral Design 23

Nicole · Married on 10/20/2018

Seamless process and beautiful end result!

Karen is amazing at what she does! She is so knowledgable and knows everything there is to know about flowers. I had a general idea of what I wanted from my bouquet to my centerpieces and Karen took those initial thoughts and made it into a reality. She listened to all of the specific things I wanted and made sure that everything was right, including the flower colors! We had our design meeting and she brought a ton of items that I could pick from to include in my centerpiece. I chose floating candles and she even had beautiful table numbers I used for my wedding day! If you want a florist that will help you bring your floral visions into a reality, then you should book Karen. She even sent thoughtful gifts to my husband and I through the planning process, including a ring holder I use everyday! I am so glad I chose to book Karen as my florist, the flowers made my wedding look so beautiful.

Sent on 12/02/2018

Erin · Married on 09/29/2018

Creative, Talented, AMAZING!

Aleen Floral Design completely outdid my expectations for our wedding! Karen and her team were so professional and welcoming from start to finish. Their design process and meetings were so helpful and everything turned out beautifully! Karen has such a talent and eye for floral design and I would recommend her to anyone looking for a florist!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Tiffany · Married on 06/30/2018

Karen Roa and her team are absolutely amazing from start to finish. Every aspect of my wedding they touched was stunning and my guests noticed and gushed. Karen understood what I wanted as if she could see into my mind and also recommended additional creative details that complimented my own vision. Never, however, did she stray from the originally discussed budget. Additionally, every call and email I received was warm, caring and thoughtful. I felt as if close friends I had known for years were designing the floral arrangements for my wedding. Working with Aleen Floral Design was a dream and I couldn’t more highly recommend Karen and her team.

Sent on 07/21/2018

Lauren · Married on 06/16/2018

From my first look at Aleen Floral Design’s website, I knew I had the found the perfect florist for my wedding. Karen and her team have such amazing talent not to mention Karen is one of the kindest people I have ever met! When it came time for me to choose my flowers I was so overwhelmed with decision-making from other aspects of my wedding that I really only had a vague idea of what I wanted. After telling Karen generally what I was looking for, she took control and came up with a great design plan. She was so incredible about working with my budget, and coming up with creative ways to stay in budget, all the while not making me feel bad at all. When I saw my flowers for the first time on my wedding day I was overcome with emotion by how beautiful her creations were. They were more amazing than I could have ever imagined! All my bridal party, family and guests kept commenting how gorgeous they were. Karen was also incredibly professional, organized and very responsive to all correspondence throughout the planning process. I HIGHLY recommend Karen and Aleen Floral Design and cannot wait to use her again for other special events in my life!

Sent on 07/14/2018

Aleen Floral Design's reply:

Lauren, we were delighted and honored to design for you! Thank you for your kind words!

Trish · Married on 05/12/2018

I was absolutely blown away by the absolutely GORGEOUS flowers we were blessed with thanks to Karen and Jan and their team. Despite not understanding my idea of using an antique book as the base for the flower vase to sit on at the tables, Karen listened to my wishes and executed perfectly! She communicated with our priest to make sure she could get the ceremony set up on time, and every single detail - from ceremony to reception - was absolutely gorgeous. We got so many compliments on the flowers - and as the bride it was a HUGE relief that I could count on the Aleen team for their punctuality, professionalism, and artistry! Highly recommend them for any of your flower needs- it was very evident that they take great care and pay great attention to making sure the end result is stunning.

Sent on 07/19/2018
    Aleen Floral Design 24
    Aleen Floral Design 25
    Aleen Floral Design 26
    Aleen Floral Design 27

Ashley · Married on 05/11/2018

Karen and Aleen Floral Design is a five-star vendor. She was so incredibly helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process and I so appreciated her enthusiasm and attention to detail. Our flowers were absolutely beautiful and even better than we could have imagined. We are so happy to have had Karen and her team as part of our big day!!!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Annie · Married on 04/14/2018

Karen at Aleen Floral Design is amazing! She helped find a package that worked for my budget and take the stress out of my wedding day. Planning my wedding from out of state, Karen was happy to hop on Facetime and meet with me virtually! She understood my vision and executed it perfectly, and the resulting bouquets and arrangements were breathtaking. She is a true visionary and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 04/27/2018

Lara · Married on 04/14/2018

We had a terrific experience with Aleen Floral for our wedding! We were referred by our venue, the Williamsburg Inn. After checking out their website, and seeing all the beautiful flowers, I emailed for info. Karen was in touch with us promptly and after talking to her, I knew she’d be a great fit. The planning process was very easy. Karen walked us through everything. She is very knowledgeable and helped us make design adjustments where and when needed. She also helped us keep on budget by suggesting ways we could repurpose ceremony flowers for design elements in our reception. We had a few special order flowers (cherry blossoms) and those came out looking great. All our flowers were so beautiful and everything meshed very well with the look we were going for (classic, elegant). Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 05/04/2018

Maggie · Married on 12/31/2017

I can't imagine a better florist to work with than Aleen Floral Design. When researching florists, Karen and her team were recommended to me by a friend who was also using them for her wedding. From the moment I had my first phone call with Karen, I was blown away by her warm and kind personality, interest in our background story, and professional floral knowledge. I immediately knew we'd made the right choice in working with her. Throughout the last year, I truly enjoyed working alongside Karen to create a design plan for our classy, NYE weekend, winter wedding. My mom and I met with Karen for our design meeting and she carefully listened to understand the vision I was looking for and had amazing suggestions for bringing it to life. I remember leaving that meeting feeling so excited because I knew she understood exactly what we were looking for and was going to execute it flawlessly. Her open communication throughout our engagement always put me at ease, she was so helpful, answering my questions and offering design/decor suggestions. Our wedding weekend she truly went ABOVE and BEYOND. I was floored when she arrived with our floral arrangements, including my beautiful bouquet. She and her team even assembled a copper arbor and arranged greenery and lights on it for us that morning to achieve the look we wanted. She made both large and little touches throughout our ceremony and reception space to create the most beautiful wedding space I could have imagined. Everything was perfect, if you're looking for a knowledgeable, friendly, professional, passionate, and talented florist team, Aleen Floral Design has all that and more! I would highly recommend using them for all your floral needs!

Sent on 01/09/2018

Lindsay · Married on 09/22/2017

Karen was a pleasure to work with! She created arrangements that completely matched and surpassed my expectations. When we met with her to choose flowers, she was so adept at describing flowers and what would work in my budget and season. My bouquet was so perfect! I can't recommend Aleen Floral Design enough! She also did the flowers for the Rehearsal Dinner. She had all the types of vases I wanted too!

Sent on 10/06/2017

Meghan · Married on 09/02/2017

Karen was an absolute pleasure to work with! Karen and team created the most beautiful flower arrangements for our wedding and I could not be happier! I am still obsessing over my bouquet. I was very impressed with Karen after our design session and I had high expectations and she exceeded ALL of them. I came with 2 pictures off Pinterest and she put together an entire design in a few hours. She was willing to work with me to get our price point down and came up with creative ideas to repurpose arrangements. I decided at the last minute I wanted to add a floral collar for my pup and Karen was so accommodating to add that in for me. Our pup looked awesome!! Karen was extremely helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process! I would highly recommend her, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Alycia · Married on 06/03/2017

Karen from Aleen Floral Design was absolutely wonderful to work with and provided THE MOST BEAUTIFUL flowers I could have ever imagined. The flowers were one of my favorite aspects of my wedding and she brought my entire vision to life! I can't speak enough on how accommodating Karen was in working with my floral budget and coming up with creative ideas to re-purpose flowers from the ceremony to the reception. She was a huge help in the planning process and I couldn't be happier that we hired her! If you are looking for a florist that creates stunning arrangements and is great to work with, hire Aleen Floral Design! Thank you for everything Karen, I'm telling every one of my engaged friends to hire you as their florist!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Kaitlin · Married on 04/29/2017

Karen was WONDERFUL to work with throughout my wedding planning and the flowers on the day of the wedding were absolutely Beautiful!!! From our first meeting Karen knew what my vision was for the wedding and went for it! She helped me stay within my budget and helped me with the design of my wedding not just with the flowers but with all of my decor! Everything was exactly what I dreamed about!!! I would highly recommend Karen!!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Margaret · Married on 12/10/2016

Working with Karen was wonderful!! The flowers were absolutely amazing and she went out of her way to help with everything!! We were very pleased!!!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Michelle · Married on 10/15/2016

Aleen Floral Design is amazing! I could not have asked for more beautiful arrangements. The flowers made the overall look I was going for. I received so many compliments. Karen was so easy going and great to work with. You MUST choose Aleen Floral Design for your wedding flowers!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Courtney · Married on 10/01/2016

If you need flowers for your wedding, you MUST use Aleen Floral Design! Karen and her team are an absolute DREAM to work with and will bring your vision to reality.

From our first phone conversation, I knew that Karen was the type of vendor I wanted for our wedding. She was kind, funny, understanding of my lack of floral knowledge, and never once tried to up-sell me. In comparison to other florists I interviewed, Karen was the most understanding of my vision and budget and never tried to convince me to add more to our design than was necessary. She made us feel so comfortable and even helped us find a babysitter for my cousin!

I planned our wedding in Williamsburg from Northern Virginia, which required that I have more phone conversations and emails and less in person meetings than is probably normal. Karen was always incredibly responsive and left us feeling completely secure that the day would look like we hoped it would! When we were able to sit down and talk through the plans it was evident that Karen had really spent time thinking and planning. It made it a breeze!

A great and responsive vendor is only as good as their finished product, and let me say that Karen delivered! My bouquet was absolutely breathtaking and was in the exact shade of blush that I was hoping for. From the bridal party bouquets and boutonnieres, to the posy for my mom, everyone was in love with their flowers. Each piece was clearly created with love and attention to detail.

The decorations for the ceremony (and the beautiful arbor) were exactly what we hoped for. The table settings and interior decorations were exactly like we had discussed. Everything looked fresh and beautiful throughout the night and came out beautifully in our pictures.

I cannot recommend using Aleen Floral Design enough. Karen was fantastic to work with and our flowers were so beautiful and in line with the budget we had in place. It was everything we could have hoped for in our florist!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Shannon · Married on 07/10/2016

Karen was truly a blessing during wedding planning. Meeting with her to discuss the floral design was my favorite part of planning. She always made me feel like my opinions were the most important and the floral design turned out perfect. Karen's vision was the game changer in our wedding ceremony with a hand-made cross as the focal point. I plan on framing pictures of the flowers and the other pieces of the floral design to decorate our new home!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Jessica · Married on 07/09/2016

Aleen Floral Design is not only your best bet for gorgeous, fresh flowers, but it is also probably the most responsive, flexible vendor that I worked with while wedding planning. Karen understands that flowers can really shape the entire feel of an event, and she worked with us closely to really get to know Andrew and I on a personal level. I love flowers, but am not myself a florist, so we gave Karen some artistic license to create flowers that we hoped would reflect our personalities. Aleen Floral Design absolutely delivered--going above and beyond--all within our budget. The bouquet was absolutely stunning, and held up through hours of July humidity and heat so that it still looked fresh and gorgeous at the ceremony (probably 5 hours after it was first delivered for our photos). The bridesmaids bouquets were beautiful as well...and I gave very little guidance on those! Our reception venue was the Williamsburg Winery, and Karen knew that place inside and out. She described every detail of the venue to me while talking about where we might want to place florals. I was extremely impressed with her detailed understanding of the venue. It really helps to have a florist who knows everything about your venue--especially when it comes to knowing what works and what does not work, and who knows all the rules about what we can't even consider! When we walked into the Winery, our jaws dropped. Karen truly took an already elegant hall and made it perfect. Touches of greenery and perfect centerpieces made it glow. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 07/14/2016

April · Married on 12/19/2015

I found Aleen Floral Design during an internet search but later learned my wedding planner highly recommends her. From our first phone conversation and face-to-face meeting, my daughter and I knew we wanted Karen to provide our florals. Karen is equally passionate about her work and making her clients happy. She is professional and educated. We were pleasantly surprised and impressed by her knowledge. She was able to get the succulents my daughter so desperately wanted in the bouquets and reception arrangements and never tried to dissuade the bride from her decisions. Karen is a genuinely wonderful individual, a great listener and she made it happen! My daughter and I highly recommend Aleen Floral Design.

Sent on 01/04/2016