Alankar Event Planners & Decorators Reviews

19 | Northborough, MA

19 Reviews for Alankar Event Planners & Decorators

• Urvashi

Urvashi Upadhyay · Married on 09/07/2019

Shobha and the entire Alankar team was phenomenal!

We planned a multi day, multi event wedding and Shobha and her team went above and beyond to make it absolutely beautiful! From our first meeting with her, she was very calming, with great ideas and a desire to help us reach our personal aesthetic. She is so flexible and knows many of the Boston venues well- her experience shows and we could not be more happy! Thank you to her and her team!

Sent on 09/07/2019

Shanti · Married on 11/30/2017

Went to a wedding for my cousin her decor is amazing the most beautiful indian wedding i have seen in a long time.
    My cousin was so happy she went with Alankar no complaints i will be using her for my wedding when i start planning.

Sent on 12/18/2017

Anita · Married on 10/07/2017

Shobha auntie is the best.. i didn’t need to do anything i picked out my decor and she did the rest.. my wedding day was beautiful and i owe it all to her and her team!! If you want to feel secure on your big day Go to her..

Sent on 12/12/2017

Akansha · Married on 09/09/2017

Shobha Aunty is amazing!! She has so much variety in decor and she is the most straight forward person you will meet.
    She recently did an event for me and i was blown away by her creativity and also generosity she literally goes out of her way to make her clients happy.
    I will never recommend anyone else she is the best!!!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Rashmi · Married on 08/26/2017

Shobha Auntie is a master! From the first consultation my mother and I had with her we felt comfortable and safe - suddenly this whole wedding planning process felt doable. She is creative, practical, and has an eye for simple, elegant, beauty. She worked with us to bring me the exact decor that we wanted. The statues and details she added were perfect. The mandap was beautiful and fit perfectly with our venue and mixed crowd. We are so grateful to her.

Sent on 09/04/2017

Rita · Married on 07/04/2017

Shobha was amazing for someone who has multiple set ups she is awesome to work with. When asked for an opinion she tells you the truth there is no sugar coating which is what you want when you are dealing with someone.
    People don't understand that in this line of work you have to work with hotels sometimes you can only go to setup when the hotel says it's okay.
    She has been in business for over 25 years. She has great opinions and decorations... if you want to feel like royalty on your day go with Alankar.

Sent on 07/20/2017

Natasha · Married on 05/06/2017

Shobha was very flexible and I got exactly what I wanted. Her decorations are modern, elegant and to die for. Everyone loved our decorations and It is the talk of the town. Shobha was flexible - I was only able to meet late at night due to my schedule, she was able to work with my schedule to meet me around 9 or 10. Thank you Shobha for going above and beyond.

Sent on 07/05/2017

DINA · Married on 08/01/2015

Shobha was phenomenal to work with. I had a vision for my lebanese wedding, to incorporate decor and design (Indian Inspired) but keep a modern twist on it. Shobha saw my vision, and went above and beyond to meet and exceed my expectations. All my guests were blown away when the saw the stage, backdrop and centerpieces. Thank you Shobha for helping make our Fairy Tale wedding a reality! xoxox Dina & Jad

Sent on 09/11/2015

Chitrang · Married on 06/21/2015

Shobha Aunty – thank you so much for making our dream wedding a reality!!! If anyone wants the ABSOLUTE best in the business, Shobha Aunty is your person! I’m sure there are many brides out there that have started planning their weddings since childhood. But Shobha aunty – you made it a reality and even better than imagined! From our very first meeting, you had great ideas and recommendations that made our wedding exceptional. All your decorations were new and innovative. We even challenged you to create a whole new reception set. The end result – absolutely stunning! Everyone was extremely amazed at how beautiful and elegant the decorations were for all three events. We are still getting compliments about all your work. There is no doubt that you are #1 Decorator in Boston, but from our experience we think you are #1 in the whole Northeast. We are very glad that you were part of our big day. We would highly recommend you to all our friends and family! Thank you for all your hard work and making our wedding weekend a huge success!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Ashti · Married on 07/27/2013

Alankar made our wedding so exquisitely beautiful. We were getting nonstop comments of how grandiose and beautiful our Mandap was. Alankar also did all of the center pieces for the reception and I could not have asked for anything more beautiful and classy then what they delivered. Alankar stayed right in our budget, not a penny more. However Alankar gave us extra then what we had ordered and never asked us for more money. I merely had to say what I wanted and Alankar delivered more then what I was imagining. I am extremely grateful for all that Alankar did for our wedding and I cannot wait to recommend their services to every bride. Truly the best decorators in the area.

Sent on 08/04/2013

shruti · Married on 07/14/2012

We hired Alankar for an outdoor sangeet, an outdoor evening wedding and a reception at a country club. Shobha was absolutely amazing since the day we met up with her. Since day 1 she was very helpful with everything. Not only does she do an amazing job at the decor but she also helped us with any other vendor information we needed in the area. She went out of her way to give us everyone's contact information. What's the need of an event planner when you have her! She is a one stop shop and we loved her for that. A three day wedding is not easy to plan especially none of the events were small and Shobha made it so easy for us.

On the sangeet day we had picked out certain decor and things but she went and put extra stuff that we weren't even expecting to make it perfect. Every single day things were done way ahead of time there was no stress about anything. She made sure to have us look at everything each day to make sure we were satisfied before she left. I also loved the fresh garlands she got for the varmala. Everything was absolutely perfect and we have no regrets that we went with her services.

Sent on 01/23/2013

We were very vague about what we wanted, and overwhelmed by the sheer number of choices, but in the end we told them what we were looking for and what we wanted our wedding style to be and they delivered EXACTLY that. We were both surprised and very pleased, the decor was perfect and there were a lot of little touches that we really loved.

Sent on 12/03/2012

Shri · Married on 08/22/2015

Nothing was done in writing, no contract but the output was more than we asked for. When you work with Shobha, just tell her your wishes and leave the rest to her.

Sent on 08/24/2015

3.5

I hired Alankar decorators for 2 of my wedding events. Shobha is extremely sweet and works with all budgets. She's extremely helpful in not only giving ideas but working with you to make your special night beautiful. I got tons of compliments on my wedding decor and could not have asked for more.

Sent on 02/03/2015

Shobha Shastry is the best - plain and simple. I wouldn't do an Indian wedding without her. She anticipated every need. She was flexible. Despite being super busy, she always took my calls and calmed me down with all of my urgent requests. She is simply amazing.
    The mandap she created was magical. The garlands were straight from India. Every person who came to the wedding has thanked me and said they have not stopped talking about the wedding. Shobha was the visionary behind it. Once you hire her, you can stop worrying about a thing.
    I didn't use her as a wedding planner but ultimately she provided mandap, flowers, horse, ganesh. It turned out after I called many other vendors, it was easier, cheaper to do it through Shobha. Can't say enough good things about her.

Sent on 11/02/2012

Akshay Shah · Married on 07/27/2019

Beautiful Decoration

The decor we decided on was put up on time and with some nice touches that we didnt expect. Shobha and her team did a great job transitioning from the wedding setup into the reception setup.

Sent on 08/07/2019

Working with Alankar this past year for my wedding was a great decision. Shobha Shastry (owner) was able to put my vision to life! I enjoyed working with her because not only was she professional, she was warm- I felt I could discuss anything with her! Definitely recommend :)

Sent on 12/12/2012

Ankita · Married on 08/18/2018

1.6
      1.5
      3.0
      3.0

We decided not to move forward with Alankar because we weren't able to get a contract and even a written response from Shobha for weeks when asking for a quote for our wedding weekend.

When we went to go meet with her, we viewed some of the pictures she had done for other weddings and so it definitely seemed like she and her team were capable of the work. However, we couldn't get a solid price point to work off of and it made me nervous that I was trying to budget in decor and not able to understand how much her work would come up to.

I followed up over email a few times for a quote and about different elements that we would like to see. Sometimes I would get a response saying something along the lines of we'll get back to you or we can definitely do that. But I never was able to get a definitive answer and/or a solid contract. Not something I wanted to deal with over the course of wedding planning.

Sent on 09/03/2018

Alankar Event Planners & Decorators's reply:

miss. dasgupta
    we met briefly in my office. you showed us a design you were looking to settle on. we had told you that we are in the process of getting egis manufactured in india and we cannot give you the price until we have a quote from the vendor.
    you did not have the patience to wait for few weeks to get this. we do not quote until we know the price.
    while meeting us you had mentioned that your budget on mandap was 4500......with such info we did not feel throwing a number at you without the quote.

Madhu · Married on 07/30/2016

0.4
      0.5

My daughter got married in July, and we were very excited initially about working with Shobha. However, several things happened that left us frustrated with our experience working with her on the wedding.

1. Her communication was poor. She was very slow to respond including on the day of the wedding, always keeping us on the edge.
    2. She did not give us a written contract, despite persistent requests and promises she would do it, until a few days before the wedding. This was incredibly frustrating.
    3. The price she verbally quoted was far less than what appeared on the contract.
    4. Her people showed up to put decorations up for the wedding just a couple of hours beforehand, which was nervewracking for the coordinator and people at the venue. She did not connect with them at all, and would not answer her phone. And the mandap was not constructed the way that was shown in the pictures.
    5. She said terrible things about the other vendors we hired and made us very nervous about the wedding.

Ultimately, this was an incredibly poor experience and we would sadly recommend that others think twice before working with her.

Sent on 09/04/2016