Ahlin Photography Reviews

38 | San Jose, CA

38 Reviews for Ahlin Photography

Logan · Married on 05/30/2015

Very happy Elisa shot our wedding! in addition to quality photography, the next most important attribute we were looking for was someone we felt comfortable with, and Elisa graciously brought her calm and ensuring nature to our special day. The shots she captured are beautiful -- we are forever grateful she captured the best of us.

Sent on 07/30/2015

Karina · Married on 05/09/2015

Elisa was wonderful to work with. She was very flexable and worked with my schedule to help get day of planning organized. Since I was busy working we scheduled an initial phone consultation. I was worried she would not be able to understand my stlye via phone. However, after talking with her I was very confident she could do the job. Elisa spent the time getting to know how we meet, our hobbies and what sets us apart from other engaged couples. In addition, she gave me a list of shot ideas and was open to all of my pins from pinterest. (Most photographers nightmare) Elisa was very professional, showed up on time and kept me on tract for my day of timeline. I would highly recomend her for anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

Sent on 08/02/2015

Carmen · Married on 09/15/2013

Elisa did an amazing job on our engagement and wedding photos. She made us feel very comfortable and she was our favorite vendor!!

Sent on 03/19/2014

Renee · Married on 03/16/2013

Elisa was amazing to work with! From our first phone call to the day of the ceremony to the follow up after she was a true professional. I don't love having my photo taken and knew this day would be full of pictures, she made me and all of my family and guests feel very comfortable and at ease. The pictures are beautiful and she managed to capture all of our special moments from the day! I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a fun and amazing photographer!!!

Sent on 06/08/2013

E did an amazing job! She truely captured all the elegance and beauty from our special day despite the rain and hail!

Sent on 07/22/2013

Alex · Married on 09/29/2012

My wife and I got married at the Beach Comber at Newport Coast and decided to plan the entire weddng ourselves. After meeting several photographers we decided on Elisa for a couple of reasons. The first was her work jumped out at us, the second was she was more affordable than others who honestly we were not as impressed with thier work and the third reason was that she actually did a skype call with us from India to go over the details. We love to travel so we thought that was totally cool. As we were planning we realized that we were not going to have a major amount of time for picture so we asked Elisa to do the impossible which was squezze all of the family, wedding party and our portraits into a 20 minute period between the ceremony and cocktail hour. Elisa pulled is off and the pictures came out amazing. Everyone we show is blown away by the pictures. Elisa is professional, devoted, creative, fun to work with and just really really good at her job. I can honestkly say that she was the best decision we made in our planning of our wedding.

Thanks Elisa,

Alex!!!

Sent on 07/07/2013
  • User2921930 · 2+ years ago

Ahlin Photography was amazing and professional. Our wedding photos turned out perfect! We could not ask for anything more. We had her travel to our wedding and her prices with travel were still a better value than local photographers. The quality and composure our wedding images are just amazing!

Sent on 12/31/2012

Audrey · Married on 06/17/2012

Elisa shot our engagement photos and they look wonderful! She even made them look great despite an overcast day and my hair ballooning up by the water. We can't wait for her to shoot our wedding!

Sent on 07/06/2012
  • Z

Zar · event on 04/22/2012

She was great! My pictures came out fabulous!!!

Sent on 12/22/2012

Jenny Lynne · Married on 11/19/2011

Elisa did a fantastic job on our wedding!! We got married in Las Vegas so it was a bit of a drive for her. Despite the distance Elisa was very flexible and accommodating! Elisa has an eye for capturing the right light, angle, etc. Our pictures had the elegance and style that I was hoping for...I knew she would do a fabulous job. Additionally, Elisa captured EVERY special moment. My family and I were so impressed with the quantity of pictures we had to choose from. I would recommend Ahlin Photography to anyone!!

Sent on 12/23/2011

Darren & Alicia · Married on 11/05/2011

Elisa is awesome! She photographed our wedding! She's so professional & goes over and beyond to make sure your happy! Our pictures are beautiful & I got nothing but compliments about how the pictures turned out! I liked how she brings a 2nd photographer to the main event its makes sure every angle is covered!

Sent on 12/14/2011

Missy · Married on 10/08/2011

We had a great time having Elisa shoot our wedding photos and are so thrilled with how they turned out!

Sent on 11/28/2011

Heather · Married on 09/11/2011

Elisa does more than just weddings and engagements. Elisa and I go way back, and after I saw her amazing wedding and engagement photos, I asked her to do our family photos. Who wants the boring studio photos?
    Elisa was flexible and patient with one of our difficult children who did not want to smile. She was very professional, and kept a timelime to be sure we got enough photos. The finished product was AMAZING! She is a miracle worker. We will treasure these photos for years to come. I HIGHLY recommend her.

Sent on 10/15/2011

Amie · Married on 08/13/2011

Elisa has a great eye for beautiful and fun pictures. She is easy to work with and makes you feel very comfortable. I am not someone who enjoys photos, but Elisa made me and my whole family at ease. Thank Elisa for some wonderful photos that I will cherish forever. PS - Her assistant Chris, is lovely as well and great shots too!

Sent on 09/17/2011

Tim · Married on 07/09/2011

Elisa Ahlin is a wonderfully talented photographer and a pleasure to work with. She is professional, organized and thoughtful.

We love the photos from our special day and we're thrilled about the overall value of Elisa's services.

For those who are curious, Elisa shot our July wedding in sunny San Diego.
    Ceremony: Founders Chapel, The University of San Diego
    Reception: The University Club Atop Symphony Towers

Sent on 11/11/2011

Nicole · Married on 07/03/2011

Elisa is a talented photographer and a genuinely nice and easy person to work with. My husband, family, and I are very impressed with our photographs. She is reasonably priced for the high quality work she does. She and her second photographer, Kris, got into the mix at our wedding. They didn't hesitate to join the fun while capturing all of our moments perfectly. They also stayed longer than our contract called for. She is also very responsive to questions and finished our photographs in a reasonable amount of time, and within the time frame we originally agreed to. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/28/2011

Kailin · Married on 06/24/2011

Elisa was absolutely fantastic to work with! I would recommend her to any bride. Not only are her pictures gorgeous, but she is just the sweetest lady to work with! When I saw her pictures I absolutely fell in love with them, and after my first phone chat with Elisa I knew we would be using her as our photographer! She was friendly and nice and most of all just so thrilled to be helping us on our wedding day. She completely understood what we were looking for and was so willing to work with us on our budget, on our timeframe, and everything else. We were so pleased with our pictures (which were delivered in an extremely timely fashion), and love every complement we get on them. Best experience ever working with Elisa Ahlin Photography!

Sent on 11/13/2011

Eilish · Married on 10/10/2010

We're half way through checking our proofs and wanted to stop to write this. We are so fortunate to have had Elisa and her assistant shoot our wedding. The pictures go above and beyond capturing such a wonderful day of family and friends. More than that, Elisa's professionalism before, during and after the wedding made it such an easy process it was one of the few things we never had to worry about. Because of you, Elisa, we will always be able to remember this day with love and happiness.

Sent on 11/17/2010

Jamie · Married on 10/09/2010

I planned my wedding from across the country, so I didn't actually meet Elisa until that day, but from her website, blog, and our phone calls and e-mails to each other, I just knew she was the right fit for us. Elisa drove up from LA to Pismo Beach for our wedding and she and Michael (her second shooter) jumped right into the fray. We were thankful that Elisa gave us direction while shooting, since we're pretty camera-shy, and we even had fun. Since we received the photos, we've been looking at them every day-- it's so easy to tell that she has a great eye for capturing every moment. A big thank-you to Elisa!

Sent on 11/15/2010

Lauren · Married on 08/27/2010

Elisa shot our engagement and wedding photos and we had a great experience! She made everyone comfortable and the pictures turned out great. Have definitely recommended her to others!

Sent on 07/17/2012

Valerie · Married on 07/31/2010

ELISA did a wonderful job and we loved our pictures! She took charge and really made sure she got a ton of shots Great price, great pictures, and I am glad I chose her to capture my wedding day!

Sent on 10/16/2010

Emily · Married on 06/26/2010

Elisa was an awesome photographer -- better than we ever dreamed of having! She was so great to work with and was able to get a great sense of who were are and what we wanted for coverage. She has an amazing eye for detail and styling, and made our photos look natural, journalistic and artistic all at the same time. She's super willing to work with any budget -- by far the best value for your money of any of the other photographers in SoCal (and we interviewed a lot)! She was very responsive and professional, and we got our photos back really fast. I can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 10/05/2010

Jason · Married on 05/30/2010

Elisa was very professional and thorough from the beginning. She took detailed notes on what we wanted and followed through perfectly at the event. She and the assistant who photographed our wedding were personable, focused, and tireless in getting all the important shots. The finished product is a portfolio of beautiful photos that will help us remember our special day for a long time to come. We can't praise her enough for the wonderful job! Thank you!

Sent on 10/11/2010

Katherine · Married on 04/20/2010

Elisa is amazing. As she came from out of town to photograph our wedding, we met the first time as I was getting dressed with my bridesmaids and instantly I was at ease with her presence. She stepped into our wedding day with grace, humor, and professionalism. Her photos captured the whimsical feel of our relationship and our wedding day. I can't say enough about how pleased we are. I hope she will take photos of our growing family. Thanks Elisa!

Sent on 05/24/2010

Emily & Thomas · Married on 02/20/2010

Elisa did a great job. We loved her ideas and she did a good job at directing and getting the shots (even with the little kids). We would definately recommend Ahlin Photography to anybody looking for a great photographer!

Sent on 02/22/2010