Affordable Affairs Gourmet Catering Reviews

40 | San Diego, CA

40 Reviews for Affordable Affairs Gourmet Catering

40 Affordable Affairs Gourmet Catering Reviews

Patricia · Getting married on 10/28/2018

David the owner, is a true professional, he went over the top to make our tasting and presentation in his new facility excellent. Everything tasted wonderful and looked beautiful too! The options for linens were beautifully displayed along with so many photos on the gallery walls. Great place to plan and see how your special day would look. Thank David for making the day so special... You deserve 10 stars! All the best Pat Dunlap

Tiffany · Married on 05/25/2018

We had our first and only tasting with Affordable Affairs and booked right away! Chicken is usually thought of as a boring dish - but they turn chicken into food that your guests will rave about! We selected a plated buffet - including salad, vegetable dish, wild rice, some really amazing alla rose pasta, and more. We received soooo many compliments on the food including the cocktail hour appetizers. Their prices may be more "affordable" but their food is not cheap! David and his team are really top notch!

Christiane · Married on 11/18/2017

My husband and I heard about Affordable Affairs from our venue and decided to schedule a food tasting. David was very professional and the food, as well as the price, was amazing! Once we hired him, up until the time of our wedding day, David was very easy to work with and was always easy to reach whenever we had any questions or changes we needed to make with the menu. When the big day finally came, the food was delicious and even better then when we had initially tasted it. During reception, many guests approached us raving about the food! I would recommend Affordable Affairs to anyone who needs catering services for any event.

Heather · Married on 11/04/2017

David was great, and his team was great! I booked them for my wedding and everyone loved the food and went back for seconds. The chicken is amazing, I dont know how he does it but none of those chicken was dry or rubber, they were perfectly cooked. he had everything we needed and did it all with great professionalism. I recommend them for any event.

• Melissa

Melissa · Married on 10/07/2017

We LOVED David and his amazing food. He was the first caterer we met with for our wedding and we didn't bother meeting with anyone else. The quality of the food for the price was exceptional. The appetizers were fantastic! We chose Chicken Picatta and added a Top Sirloin Roast carving station for our main course and were extremely happy with both. David was flexible and able to meet all of the dietary restrictions that some of our guests had. He gave us the option to add a dessert bar that allowed us to get a smaller cake and our guests to have options when it came to dessert. He also provided us with a bartender to serve our own assortment of alcohol. His servers were prompt and it felt like the buffet was able to move quickly even with 150 guests in attendance. We were brought dinner to our seats by wait staff and didn't have to go through the buffet with everyone else which actually allowed us time to eat while everyone else was getting their food.

100% recommend David and Affordable Affairs Catering.

Leanne · Married on 09/15/2017

David was great to work with and definitely knew what he was doing. My fiance and I met with him for tasting and all the food was delicious. After we were finished with dinner he asked what my plan was as far as dessert. I wasn't 100% sure what I was going to do aside from a smaller cake, but thought I would just get a bunch of different desserts for the guests but provide them myself. He told me he and his team started doing assorted desserts. For the price he offered us I couldn't resist, plus it would be one less thing for me to do since I had to get all outside vendors and had no wedding planner. On the day of our wedding the food was out and ready (buffet style) on time. David personally came to my husband and I and asked if we would like to go through the buffet line first or be served. Within a couple of minutes of being seated his team came to us with a warm plate of food. It was such great service throughout the entire night, and they really took care of us and our guests. We did go with the full catering service and was well worth the extra money. I highly suggest working with David and his team. It made my entire wedding experience a lot less stressful.

Carlos · Married on 09/02/2017

Affordable Affairs catered our wedding on September 2nd, 2017 (@San Diego Women's Club.. now Parq West Venue) and I could not be more pleased! The tasting was amazing and we felt like we were immediately amongst friends. We wanted a combination of appetizers and entrees to choose from and we definitely got several options to choose from.The presentation was excellent and appealing. All of the guest kept mentioning how delicious the food was and also how professional the staff was. Since we didn't have a wedding planner due to budget reasons it was a great relief to have someone like David managing the catering side of it as well as the bartending service which is a plus. In comparison to other catering vendors and vendors in general, the response time and detailed answers or suggestions were amazing and gave me peace of mind. David is also really reasonable when it comes to pricing and suggesting ideas for the number of people for the event, which helped us saved some money as well. David was also great at communicating ahead of time with other vendors such as the DJ and venue manager to ensure that everything came out as planned. David is awesome at what he does and provides a truly unique service and experience.
    We would recommend this company to anyone!!

P.S. You can't go wrong with the Goodfellas Chicken Scampi and Mini Meatballs Crostini (Guest's Favorites)

Diana · Married on 07/30/2017

David was amazing from the beginning to the end! I had to plan the wedding from Ohio when it was being hosted in San Diego and David was available when it was the best time for me! He was very flexible letting my in laws do the food tasting and once the day came....omg was was delicious. We were a bit behind in the schedule and David kept in contact with us through the day to make sure everything ran smoothly for us. David was professional as well as very friendly and the food was delicious!

Nicolle · Married on 04/23/2016

From beginning to end, my now-husband and I were so thankful we booked Affordable Affairs. We were planning a wedding from across the country in Florida, so it was crucial that the vendors we worked with were responsive and flexible. David got back to our inquiry emails immediately, and made doing business over the phone and email easy and quick. When we made it out to San Diego to do our tasting, we couldn't believe how delicious the food was at our tasting. Not only that, but David was so professional and had fantastic menu suggestions, and tips on how to set up the reception venue we were in (he had catered many weddings there before and his advice was extremely helpful). Their bartending and food service on the day of our wedding was wonderful, and we got so many compliments on the food from our guests. We couldn't be happier, and did we mention how affordable the price was? Affordable Affairs made me a very happy bride.

Marci & Eric · Married on 07/30/2015

David was fantastic! From the initial phone call to the many emails, he and Jeff were outstanding! They made this destination wedding for our family so easy & hassle free. The cocktail party & food were exceptional as well as the staff. Seldom does one find help that makes the guests feel as if they were being served in a 5 star atmosphere and his staff accomplished this! We appreciate the smiles and willingness to go the extra mile. We appreciate him being at the event as well and accommodating our every need. We hope to be back in San Diego one day & will use Afforable Affairs Catering without a doubt!

Judy · Married on 07/24/2015

David at Affordable Affairs was great to work with. The food was delicious, and the portions generous. The employees affable and helpful. David and his staff were great! Thanks for positively impacting our daughters wedding and reception.

Nancy · Married on 07/11/2015

Jeff and his crew did a wonderful job of catering my daughter's wedding. To start with, they were very responsive whenever I called. They quickly prepared an estimate, and then worked with me to come up with a great menu. Also, their prices were very reasonable. The best part was all of our guests loved the food! And the servers were polite and did a nice job of picking up empty plates. We were extremely pleased with all that Affordable Affairs did for us.

We've actually used this catering service 2 years in a row. They did a great job, helping with rentals, lighting, seating, table linens, glassware, etc. Very flexible menu and pulled all the stops out for us with a great dessert bar. Highly recommend.

Jessica · Married on 06/27/2015

If we could rate 100 stars, we would!!!! Affordable Affairs is absolutely amazing! Thank you for making our special day perfect! The crew was courteous, professional and all around exactly what we imagined. Chef David is a genius and Jeff not only helped us get through the process of scheduling and organizing the event but he treated us like we were family. Many thanks!!! If you're looking for a caterer, Affordable Affairs is who you want. They are top of the line, affordable and perfect for all occasions.

Kathleen · Married on 03/29/2015

I have searched through many catering companies for my wedding and I could not find one as good as Affordable Affairs Catering. When I called them, they were very friendly and very helpful with building my proposal. They worked with me a lot and were very understanding when I changed my proposal 3 times to work with my budget. I met with David for a tasting to pick my menu for the wedding reception and he was very friendly and answered all of my questions clearly. The food was amazing. He makes sure I am getting exactly what I am paying for and I wasn't getting anything less than what I deserve for the wedding. I look forward to having Affordable Affairs Cater my wedding. I recommend Affordable Affairs Catering to any bride looking for catering for her wedding.

Timothy · Married on 03/15/2015

My fiance and I just finished our tasting with David. His food is absolutely delicious and he is great to work with...very easy going and professional. He gave us a lot of tips and helped us plan out the meal. We are so thankful that our wedding dinner is in the hands of such a capable professional!

Caley · Married on 02/21/2015

I had a very indecisive bride (my daughter) and a very tight timeline. David and Jeff put together a wonderful menu, had a great tasting set up and got us on our way in no time! We grew the event by 40% and they didn't bat an eye. We were probably a pain to work with but they never let on and we had a wonderful time. Our guests raved about the food and the service was awesome!

Marlene · Married on 01/31/2015

Affordable Affairs Catering was wonderful to work with! From the first conversation that I had with Jeff until the end of the reception with David, they bent over backwards to accommodate our needs and desires. We received many compliments about the meal including the appetizers! I would highly recommend Affordable Affairs - you will not be disappointed.

Aaryn · Married on 09/18/2014

I had a scary last minute change in the planning of my wedding, only 30 days left before the big day and I needed a caterer! I found David on wedding wire, he luckily had my day available and was willing to move his schedule around to accommodate a meeting and tasting right away. My mother and myself went to the tasting and the food.... Oh the food! It was delicious! The chicken was cooked to absolute perfection! Not too dry, not too pink, but so juicy and "just right". The sauces were very good as well, and the pasta was amazing! His company also offers fantastic little bite sized desert treats to accompany the coffee, very cool! His hospitality was wonderful, very professional, he even offered a glass of wine when we arrived. Now I can hardly wait for the big day. I feel very confident in David and his catering skills and am looking forward to a delectable dinner!

Patti · Married on 09/13/2014

Jeff and David were incredible to work with because of their amazing catering experience. Planning was smooth, professional, and took a great burden off of us, since we did not have a wedding coordinator. David was flexible and responsive to our request for two tastings. Off all the caterers, David had the best entree and appetizers. Everyone raved about the food and service. The servers were very experienced, extremely responsive, professional, and everything went like clockwork.

David took care of the seating for us at our outdoor venue. The cocktail hour and tray passed appetizers were perfectly timed and and subtly executed. The bar tender was very personable served all with the same enthusiasm as David and the servers.

We felt like David and his professional servers really cared about our event. They made us all feel our event was special and went the extra mile to take care of us on this very special day. There were absolutely no problems.

I will recommend David, Jeff, and Affordable Affairs to friends and family!

Barbara · event on: 08/20/2016

Affordable Catering was very accommodating and a pleasure to work with. Our guests were happy with the food and cleanup was complete. Thank you so much for helping to make our event a success!

Patty · event on: 12/13/2014

My husband decided to have his office Holiday Party at our home this year. I wanted to find a catering company that could provide a good presentation as well as good food. I found Affordable Affairs on-line and they were reasonably priced and could provide the 'heavy hors d'oeuvres' I requested. The crew showed up an hour and half early to set up and they tiered all the items on my large center island. The food was amazing. My favorite was the Turkey Dinner in a glass and the House Paella. They had eight different items to chose from. I would highly recommend this company. hey are great.

Tyler · event on: 12/18/2014

Very helpful through the ordering process, and straightforward with options and meeting our needs. Food was great, nothing was missing or ruined in transit.

Jeanne · event on: 01/10/2015

The food was fantastic. Service was great. Very professional. Would recommend to all. Thank you David for everything. My mom really enjoyed herself.

Public Health Nursing · event on: 05/07/2015

This group was very acommodating and worked with us to tailor the catering to our event needs. The food was wonderful and service very helpful and professional.