Affinity Celebrations Reviews

30 | Irvine, CA

30 Reviews for Affinity Celebrations

Absolutely beautiful chuppah. Just loved working with her.

Sent on 10/13/2015

Alisha · Married on 08/15/2014

Was helpful and flexible. Thank you for making my event so beautiful! I'm still getting complements on my pictures!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Mamta · Married on 09/05/2015

Lux was amazing, she did a great job setting up event backdrop for my daughter's Quincinerra.

Sent on 09/11/2015

Janice · event on: 03/21/2015

I first saw the work of Affinity Celebrations at a Bridal Show at Noah's. They had a beautiful pink canopy set-up. By the end of the show i had gotten to know Lux.

Her work is very professional and has a Passion for her work. I would recommend using Affinity Celebration for your next Event.

Sent on 03/22/2015

1.8
      1.0
      3.5
      1.5
      2.0
      1.5

Lakshmi is nice and prompt but my reception was very disappointing. From the start I explained the small timeframe for setup & said I'd pay for extra people. She assured me she would have enough people and it would be ready. I arrived a half hour after my guests and as I pulled up, I saw through the window, a pile of garbage and empty boxes in the front entry which I moved myself & another pile of garbage was in plain view on the patio which my friends moved. There were places to stash these out of sight, but there they were, for everyone to see! I made a backdrop, showed her pics, gave her 3m strips to hang it, said my friend would drop off balloons for it & she split the two pieces which were to be hung together, put one by the sign in & one hanging in a window, so I had no photo backdrop. She used duct tape to stick the pieces to the walls! I explained that when hanging my lights, she could only do 2 strings per outlet but she strung them all together and blew the circuit breaker so the lights never came on. They broke lights & glass fell into guests drinks. I made chair signs with a Velcro attachment to seamlessly hang on the chairs & instead she attached them with zip ties. I had hanging table decor which I attached to a table clip to make it easy to hang on tables & they removed the clips & also duct taped the strings to the table cloth. A friend delivered the cake & she refused to let them leave the cake without setting up the whole table and said she doesn't do cake toppers (it just had to be placed on top).The alcohol delivery guy needed help to pull 2 kegs up 3 steps, and she refused & actually yelled at him & told him to leave. Luckily he didn't & somehow figured it out. They only strung lights across half the patio. She didn't follow the table layout & put my table in the middle of the dance floor along with another random table. My pregnant sisters moved the tables. She & 2 others were still setting up2.5 hrs after they were supposed to be ready.

Sent on 06/29/2016

Affinity Celebrations's reply:

Karina – thanks for taking time & your feedback we should take this as a opportunity to explain reason behind your concerns. Firstly we accepted to help setup for your wedding as it was a reference from someone close in our network and since you were not clear from your end things didn’t turn out as you expected & kept on sending us boxes , new items to setup , changing layouts even the day before your event and used our storage space for about 2 weeks for FREE .You gave my contact to all your vendors who had no clue on what they need to do & have not even informed me that I should be coordinating all your vendors it is not my job and we set up all your gazillion boxes which were marked ,boxes u saw were the bar attenders, Liquor suppliers its not our responsibility to clean others stuff how can you expect us to give hand to other vendors in pulling their stuff ?3m strips provided r good for kids projects not for ur backdrop so we left them & had to use our duct tape to meet your need & make the magic happen same applies to table décor as clips provided were not good enough for the tables venue had , layout which was confirmed in your email was considered didn’t pay attention to last minute text msgs as you have not confirmed. If you think only ½ of the lights were hung in the patio u could have provided more lights ,if ur guest had broken glass pieces in his drink I guess he didn’t have enough common sense that he shouldn’t be standing when setup is in progress & this is very untrue. Venue guy was working with the outlets as not all outlets are functioning properly & we clearly mentioned this to you on spot .We were asked to setup the cake table & not responsible for cake nor the toppers.We could write more & absolutely OK to take review for all mistakes you did & not scheduled the venue tour properly by not realizing they have an event going on same day which could have given us better vision .We realized not to volunteer more than what is required in future .