Affections Floral Design & Event Planning Reviews

49 Reviews for Affections Floral Design & Event Planning

• Alison

Alison P. · Married on 09/12/2020

Perfection!!

My now-husband (yay!) and I got married on 9/12/2020 at Hotel Utica. I actually found Affections from a fellow bride after I attended her wedding and was just in love with her flowers/decor. Char was the sweetest vendor to work with & despite the ever-changing planning process we experienced during the pandemic she was always flexible and accommodating — just a quick text or email away at all times. From the initial visit with Char & Josh where we sat for almost 2 hours to figure out what the heck it was I wanted (not knowing the different types of flowers or greenery!) to the final walk through our venue the week before our wedding — I felt at ease knowing that with Affections on my team I knew they would make the night beautiful... and it truly was! We used their team for our ceremony space, draping, centerpieces, bouquets/bouts and beyond — everything the team touched with flowers and greenery transformed the space. Pricing is definitely reasonable for the quality of work they provide. I would highly recommend Affections!! Thank you so much!! Xoxo

Sent on 09/22/2020

Cara H. · Married on 08/21/2020

Harp Wedding

I found Affections Floral Design & Event planning on Instagram. I called and spoke to Josh who brought me in immediately, pre-Covid we only had 4 months to plan. He understood my vision right away and knew exactly what I wanted, adding ideas that only come from experience and being very knowledgeable in the industry. Once Covid hit we tried to do everything to not change our date until realizing we had no other choice. They were unbelievably flexible and understanding the entire way. Making payments, adjusting the invoice and adding/reducing arrangements for our ever changing guest list, it was no problem. Not only were they our florist but turned our home, yard and barn into a dream and even better than we envisioned. We couldn’t have had our day be as perfect without them!

Sent on 09/23/2020
  • Jill

Jill M. · Married on 08/07/2020

Absolutely beautiful!

I am beyond grateful that we found Charmaine and her team! I was originally looking for a vendor for ceiling draping only, but ended up using her for the flowers and other decorations as well. I'm so glad I hired them. After that first phone call with Charmaine I felt a sense of relief that I had found someone. She was very personable on the phone and listened to my ideas and brought my vision to life. With everything happening with COVID, she was very accommodating even when we had to change the site of the reception and change our date. The day before the wedding they came to set up the draping, backdrop and work on the flower arrangements. They showed up with a whole trailer full of decorative items and flowers! I was beyond amazed because they went above and beyond my expectations. The day of the wedding I didn't have anyone to set up the tables and place settings I was so worried but Charmaine took care of everything for me! Everything was perfect and gorgeous we received so many compliments! If you are looking for someone to make your vision a reality, or make your venue look stunning, look no further! You will not regret it! Charmaine and her team did an amazing job!

Sent on 10/27/2020
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 11/02/2019

Beyond exceeded our expectations!

Charmaine and her team somehow captured my vision (even though I changed my mind a million times!) and truly set the ambiance of our wedding day. No detail was spared; from the bouquets to the photo arch, to the welcome signs and corsages, everything tied together so perfectly! They put pops of floral where no one would even think to put it amd it’s amazing how it completed the entire look. Charmaine and her team will not just listen to what you want, but will also make suggestions, which proves they truly know what they’re talking about. They had never done a wedding at our venue and the way they decorated it was like they had been doing weddings there every weekend for years. Their creativity shined through on our wedding day and I’m so glad we used them as our florist!

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • SUSAN

Susan H. · Married on 10/25/2019

Outstanding!

Charmaine did our flowers and decor for my daughter's wedding and everyone absolutely loved EVERYTHING she did! The draping, bouquets, centerpieces.....everything she touched was magical!!
    She made it everything that we were thinking and more!! She even embellished any decorations that we brought ourselves. It truly looked magical and whimsical - just what we wanted! Truly a fairy-tale, dream come true!!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 09/28/2019

A fantastic experience!

We absolutely loved Affections! Their staff was so sweet, polite, and helpful during the entire experience. It was such a stress relief to not have to worry about the flowers arriving on our wedding day or where they would go. Between their staff and the wedding coordinator, everything turned out absolutely stunning. I had a beautiful wedding, thanks to them!

Sent on 02/18/2020

Almedina · Married on 09/07/2019

Florist for wedding

I am truly amazed with Char and her team! They made my wedding a dream come true! She will work with whatever budget you give her but will accomplish any kind of design you want! They are all truly amazing! Thank you all so much for making my wedding everything I’ve ever wanted!

Sent on 09/12/2019

Mersida · Married on 08/17/2019

Wedding Decorations

Char and her team did an amazing job. I was very indecisive during the the whole process and didn’t know exactly what I wanted as decor for my wedding. Char was very patient with me. She took all of my inspiration pics and created something so unique to our taste. It turned out beautiful! It was truly a dream wedding.

Sent on 08/18/2019

Meliha · Married on 07/21/2019

Stunning job

Char and her team did such an amazing job for our July wedding at Tailwater Lodge. They listened and gave suggestions to make the day so special that I was left speechless when I saw the room. We met a few times before the wedding and everything when seemingly. Everything was done perfectly and tasteful. Char is also very easy to get a hold of, you can either text or call her and she will always get back to you .

Sent on 07/29/2019

Christina · Married on 06/09/2019

Stunning and gorgeous work created by an amazing team

Char and her team are absolutely amazing! I don’t even know where to begin! She and her team made my wedding day dream a reality. The venue was absolutely gorgeous and was perfect in every way. Not only is she and her time very friendly and creative but they help relax you and know exactly how to make everything come together perfectly! I would highly recommend this team for your wedding day or an upcoming event!

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Paige

Paige L. · Married on 06/08/2019

Stunning Flowers that were the talk of the night

Char at Affections Floral was masterful at putting together every arrangement, every bouquet, and every detail. My wedding venue was stunning with Char in charge. She is such a professional with an eye for detail I had absolutely nothing to worry about while she and her team were setting up my venue. It was truly breathtaking in every way.
    I can not possibly express how special she made my day. I can only say that my wedding guests are still talking about how beautiful the flowers were 3 weeks later.

Paige Rockwell

Sent on 06/25/2019

Jordan · Married on 05/18/2019

Incredible!

There aren't words for how much Charmaine and her team made our wedding day exactly what it was. The morning of our wedding and the days leading up, we had been slightly stressed out about items our venue had not gotten back to us about. At about 10:30AM on the day of the wedding, Charmaine showed up and immediately, there was a sense of relief. It was the first time I had met her, but the calmness she has and provides to brides and their families is unparalleled to anything I’ve ever experienced in the customer service industry. She came in, noticed the items that needed to be fixed and immediately got her team working on them, despite being the florist and not the coordinator. In under 45 minutes, she took a plain room and made it her canvas and the space could not have been more beautiful. Additionally, as the day of coordinator was not present, she worked with all the other vendors to make sure everything was set up correctly and aligned with the images I had sent over during our first correspondances. Another amazing thing about Charmaine and her team, was that they create beyond what you could envision. I had sent over inspiration pictures of what I envisioned my day to be, as well as pictures of my dress. Charmaine was familiar with the venue, and took those pictures and found ways to amplify my ideas in ways I couldn’t have even imagined. Had it not been for Charmaine, I can genuinely say that our day would not have been even close to what it was. After she was completed, I was able to relax and go about my day and when I saw everything completed right before walking down the aisle, my heart was filled with joy.
    If you are planning a wedding and have the opportunity - you should absolutely book with Charmaine. She goes above and beyond and is more than a florist, but the calmness you need on a day of chaos and perfectionism. We planned our entire wedding from 5 hours away and she was easily, one of the best vendors we worked with. Thank you again for the most perfect day to Charmaine and her team!

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 12/06/2018

Best of the Best

It’s hard to know where to start with this because there are so many wonderful things to say about Char and her team! From the very first appointment we had with Char she made us feel like we were part of the family. We sat down at her kitchen table and started going over details. I had a vision in mind and as soon as I started telling her what it was I knew she got it! She sent a quote right away and anytime I asked for changes they were done in a blink of an eye. Not only is Char good with the business end of it she is a true artist and a genuine person!

Char and her staff will make all your wedding dreams come true and make them better then you ever thought they could be! From the flowers, to the draping, to the bistro lights, to the candles and décor, everything was so beyond beautiful. I cried multiple times when I saw it coming together and at the finished product and I will forever be grateful for that. Every place you looked at The Cannery you wanted to take a picture because it was all so gorgeous! Our guests couldn’t get over how stunning every detail was! Char will go above and beyond for you to make sure every detail is on point and can handle anything! I could never express how thankful I am to Char and her staff for everything single thing they did to make everything perfect for us. If you are looking for a professional, caring, hardworking, thoughtful florist and event planner then you need to hire Affection Florist because they are the best in the business!!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/02/2018

Char (and her amazing team) knocked our wedding completely out of the park. She did both floral and decor for the wedding - I cannot say enough good about both. The flowers she brought and the arrangements she built were next level. We were married on a farm, and Char ensured there were flowers at all appropriate locations throughout the entire property. She created a gorgeous chuppah at the ceremony site, and our centerpieces were unbelievable. For a decor perspective, she totally transformed the venue. The venue is already beautiful, but Char's eye for detail pulled all of it together. She brought in furniture to create seating arrangements, chandeliers, additional lighting, various tables, etc. etc. etc. and made sure that everything looked totally complete and perfect.
    More, possibly, than the impeccable work, was how pleasant and easy it was to plan this with Char. Every time I spoke with her throughout the planning process, she was reassuring to a point where I knew she just had it - I didn't need to worry, because she understood what we were looking for, and she knows how to execute. On the day of, we had a tight turnaround with the wedding prior to us, and she was on-site with her team hours before our wedding party arrived to get ready. She was calming, and made sure I knew she had a handle on it all. I cannot more highly recommend a person to take care of floral and decor for a wedding. Char and co. were INCREDIBLE.

Sent on 09/24/2018

Natalie · Married on 07/28/2018

Char decorated and provided the flowers for our wedding this summer at the Cannery. I told her very vaguely that I wanted to use lemons as part of the centerpiece and she ran with it and did such an amazing job. I loved how the decorations turned out and I am so happy we went with her!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Laura · Married on 05/18/2018

Have nothing but amazing things to say about Affections! They totally nailed every detail I was imagining. Not only did they handle floral, but also included other decor such as candles. Their staff did an amazing job, and I would highly recommend this florist to any bride!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Jessica · Married on 12/31/2017

I cannot thank Char and her team enough! From our first meeting to the day of the event she went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable and confident in the design for wedding day. She took my dreams and made them a reality. I'll never forget the feeling I felt the day I walked into my reception space and saw everything come to life. I had chills all over my body and happy tears filled my eyes. It truly was a dream come true. Char and her team (husband, too!) worked tirelessly to make everything perfect. As an event planner I know how much work and effort it takes to pull something like that off, their hard work did not go unnoticed. Family and friends are still complimenting me on how beautiful my space was. At the time of my wedding a close member of my family was fighting cancer, Char consistently asking me how he was doing and even offered to help my family when the event was over. To me, that speaks perfectly to her character. Char is so genuine, creative, hardworking, caring, and simply put an amazing decorator/designer who will make your dream wedding come to life. I recommend her without reservation.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Ashleigh · Married on 07/15/2017

Char at Affections did a fabulous job with our flowers and decorating. It was so wonderful not to have to worry about delivery or clean up. She brought everything to our venue, set it up, and picked up her supplies the next day! She used our suggestions and pictures to match everything perfectly to our vision. Thank you so making an already beautiful venue sparkle!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Alyssa · Married on 05/27/2017

Char and her team at Affections are simply the best. My jaw literally dropped when I got to the venue and I couldn't believe how incredible everything looked. They were all so helpful in the planning process (especially for a very indecisive bride) and I couldn't be more happy with their product and service. I would hire them again in a heartbeat and already convinced a few friends to go there too.

Sent on 06/30/2017
  • Kalee

Kalee · Married on 10/21/2016

Oh my goodness I can't even begin to say how thankful I am for Char and her team at Affections! I went to our first meeting with a set budget and explained to her that I couldn't go above that and was worried with what that would get me. Char went above and beyond, I was speechless when I walked into our venue and saw everything set up. All of our guests raved about the centerpieces, boutonnieres and bouquets. Char also made me feel extremely at ease when discussing a plan B for our outdoor ceremony, which we ended up needing because it down poured, her and our event coordinator turned a rushed indoor ceremony setup look absolutely flawless.

Sent on 11/07/2016

Meghan · Married on 06/04/2016

Affections recently provided the bouquets and boutonnieres for my wedding. I chose the shop since it was local to my venue, but I never actually visited the shop. That being said, it was a pleasure to work with over the phone and via email with Kristine (the office manager) as we worked out the details. She was extremely responsive and helpful, especially since I was ordering with fairly short notice.

When I arrived at my venue for my wedding, the flowers were already delivered and my jaw hit the floor. My bouquet was absolutely stunning and even better than I had envisioned. Thank you so much, Affections and Kristine!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Affections Floral Design & Event Planning were amazing. The first time meeting with Charmaine, she took my vision and ran with it. Right off the bat, I knew that I wanted her to be my florist. She worked within my budget and did a fabulous job making my vision come to life. The flowers were beautiful. Thank you Affections!

Sent on 04/27/2016

Bianca · Married on 09/04/2015

Charmaine was recommended to me by my vendor and was the best thing to happen to my wedding! She is so creative and talented at what she does, she made my outdoor ceremony and reception look absolutely gorgeous from every detail. All I did was tell her the style/look I was going for and she came up with every detail from my bouquets and center pieces to outdoor/ indoor decor. She is so creative and has an eye for decor. She does above and beyond of what any other florists do! Dibbles inn staff kept raving that the room never looked so beautiful!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Pam · Married on 09/04/2015

Our wedding vendor recommended Charmaine for our florist . We couldn't have been happier. Her work is amazing and made my daughters wedding day very special !! Charmaine is talented and shows pride in her work. Her #1 priority is making the bride happy and making sure she understands the brides vision of what they like. Charmaine made all of our centerpieces, bouquets and decorated our outdoor ceremony site . She is awesome to work with . I highly recommend Charmaine from Affections Florals !!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Absolutely perfect! Not only flowers, but a complete design! Transformed our wedding venue beautifully! Could not be happier with our entire wedding! Affections handled all of our flowers, ceremony props, center pieces, & props throughout our reception!

Sent on 07/16/2015