Aevitas Weddings Reviews

Aevitas Weddings 5
Aevitas Weddings 6
Aevitas Weddings 7

Gail · Married on 07/07/2018

My husband and I had the pleasure of having Henry as our photographer for our wedding.. and let me tell you how AMAZING he is at what he does. We found him through the work he did for our cousins wedding a couple years ago, and after seeing how beautiful their wedding photos were, we knew we had to have him for our special day. Thank God we did because not only were our wedding photos absolutely beautiful, Henry was also able to really become a helping hand for me during my wedding.

While working with Henry, he sent us a questionnaire as a way to get to know us better, which I really appreciated. It made our E-Session fun, knowing that he knew what we were about and what we wanted. For our wedding he also wanted to know who's who. And I can tell he really went through it because he was able to talk to my bridesmaids easily by knowing each and everyone's names.

I can't tell you how much of a big part Henry was during our special day. He went above and beyond to make sure our expectations were met and then some. The schedule he drafted and the timely manner he delivered things were excellent. The level of professionalism that Henry provided is something that not too many people can possess. Out of all of our vendors, Henry was the one that stood out the most. We're so glad that we chose him and we're so grateful for his hard work!!

Sent on 09/26/2018
    Aevitas Weddings 8

Hi Gail!

I hope you and Sam are doing well and enjoying your first months as newlyweds!

I can't begin to tell you how much your testimonial meant to me. I remember like it was just yesterday when you and Sam came by my home for our meeting (driving all the way out in rush hour traffic!).

You not only took the time to consider me but booked me as your photographer right away. You were the first couple to do so in 2017...and knowing you were cousins with my dear past clients/friends Kriss and P.J. made it that much more special!

Thank you SO SO much for making photography one of the top priorities of your wedding day and going above and beyond to get the best photos.

I had a blast working with you and Sam on your e-session out in Malibu and was very much looking forward to your special day this past early July.

I know there were quite a few surprises on your wedding day, including temperatures in the triple digits and a downpouring of rain/thunderstorm during the getting ready!

Nevertheless, you were a trooper bride, never letting anything stop you from enjoying your day and getting to marry the man of your dreams!

Thank you for always treating me more like an old friend than just a vendor, and just being so thoughtful and considerate.

I'm thrilled to hear you liked the photos, can't wait to put together a beautiful album for you and Sam!

Tracy · Married on 07/04/2018

We hired Henry to photograph our engagement session (February) and wedding this past July, and we were blown away by the sheer quantity of photos taken! We were also impressed by how beautifully the pictures were shot in such artistic lighting, Henry and his partner clearly have really good talent. Our wedding photography was the second most expensive item on our list after the cost of venue and food, but it was well worth it! Henry's fees are very reasonable and he really does put in the effort to get to know us. We met up in person once before we committed to hiring Henry (although I had pretty much decided to hire Henry from a referral before I contacted him). At the meeting, we went over the preliminary details of our wedding and Henry showed us some of his work. He is friendly and personable, which made us feel very comfortable to work with him. During the engagement session and wedding, it felt so easy and natural to follow all the tips from Henry about how to pose that it didn't feel awkward at all. Also, Henry and his team are very quick to returning the edited photos for us to download and print! In summary, the wedding day happened so quickly for us that we really didn't get to see many parts of the wedding, and we are so happy that Henry and his partner captured the moments that we otherwise wouldn't have seen (ceremony and reception decor before guests arrived, the mingling of guests, entrance of wedding party as we were hidden, etc). We are very grateful to have had Henry photograph our wedding and would recommend him to anyone in a heartbeat!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Aevitas Weddings's reply:

Hi Tracy! I hope you and John are doing well and enjoying the newlywed life, and also in your new home, congratulations!

Thank you for choosing me to be your wedding photographer, it's been such a joy getting to know you and John the past year and working with you.

From your engagement session all over Downtown LA to your big day just over a month ago on the 4th of July! You and John are so wonderful and have treated me like an old friend from the first email.

Also, thank you for being so thoughtful to my family as well, especially stopping by to give our little Ellie a gift when she was just a few months old (till this day you're the only couple that has met my baby girl!).

I'm happy to hear you liked the photos and they not only helped you relieve your day but to also experience moments and details that you might've missed. It's always my goal to capture a wedding beautifully AND thoroughly, with countless memories that you'll be able to look back on for many, many years.

I can't wait to put together your wedding album in the coming months, thank you, Tracy!

• I

I · Married on 06/28/2018

Henry is great. He is everything I was looking for in a photographer. He is completely on his game, professional, efficient, and a great communicator. He is very experienced and had great suggestions on how to structure our day and time our photos which were outdoors and on the beach. He even dealt very professionally with the ridiculous guy we had for an officiant. The photos were beautiful, great quality, and exactly what I was hoping for. My friends and family love our photos too. Thank you so much Henry, for photographing our wedding day and giving us memories to hold onto for a lifetime.

Sent on 08/16/2018

Hi Insun!

It was so wonderful meeting and working with you and Troy on your intimate elopement in Malibu at the end of June!

Thank you both so much for choosing me to be your photographer after our online meeting a few months back.

It felt like we were old friends when we met up at your home for the getting ready and first look photos, followed by a portrait session at Solstice Canyon before heading out to El Matador Beach for your sunset elopement, so beautiful!

I'm thrilled to hear you, Troy, your family, and friends loved the photos, and sincerely hope they will help you relive your big day for many, many years to come!

Thanks again, and best wishes to you and Troy!

Amy · Married on 06/10/2018

I really hit the jackpot with Henry as our photographer. My husband and I live in Boston but had our wedding in California. I went with Henry based on his praiseworthy reviews and I'm so glad I did! Henry was always professional and calm. He is very organized and so creative! We were able to "meet" with him via FaceTime prior to the wedding. Based on our package, we had two photographers: Henry and Annie. Annie was excellent as well! On the day of the wedding, things got a bit hectic, as weddings usually do, but Henry was able to play it by ear and remain so calm. He managed to round up people for group photos which is so hard as most people know - getting a huge group of people to take a photo is like herding cats. Henry managed it perfectly. While Henry was working under the beating California sun, he had the wedding party stay in the shade until he was ready to take our photos. Just by looking at the photos, you can tell Henry has been doing this for a long time and has so much artistic experience. We are so happy with our photos. I think finding a good wedding photographer is the most important task in planning for a wedding. A photographer will be responsible for capturing those happy memories so that you can look back on for them for the rest of your lives. We were so fortunate to have Henry photograph our wedding. Thank you SO much Henry!!!!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Hi Amy!

Happy 3-week wedding anniversary! THANK YOU so much for your AMAAAAZING! review!

I'm beyond grateful and honored by your beautiful words. It means the world you trusted me to capture your special day well before meeting in person and all over email!

You and Victor have been more than wonderful from the very first time we connected several months ago.

Thank you for putting a high priority on your photography and being all smiles as well as wearing your emotions on your sleeves the moment we showed up to your wedding and started taking photos (bright and early!).

Thuy · Married on 06/09/2018

If we could give Aevitas Wedding more stars we would!! Kenny and I were lucky enough to have the opportunity to have Henry as our wedding photographer. Before reaching out to Henry I was doing some research on wedding photographers. I came across Henry’s website and was in love with his work and how he was able to capture special wedding moments from his photos. So we reached out to Henry in hopes he was available on our wedding day, and he was available! After providing some details to Henry, Kenny and I met Henry at his lovely house. Henry asked about details of the wedding and getting to know us as a couple and answering any questions we had for him prior to booking him. That same night, after our meeting we booked Henry ;) (BEST DECISION EVER). Henry was always there to help us with any questions we had to make our wedding planning easier. He sent us tips/advice and a questionnaire to help prepare the wedding party and also him and his team for the wedding day photos. Henry is very professional and he will do his best to provide the bride and groom with what they want. Henry is very organized and we had a meeting via facetime about two weeks before the wedding day. Our wedding had about 420 guest and it was a traditional Vietnamese wedding, which is 12+ hours. Henry made Kenny and I, as well as the wedding party feel so comfortable. Thank you so much Henry for capturing one of the best day of our lives. We feel so grateful and blessed to have you as our wedding photographer. We hope to have future photo sessions with you. If you are looking for a wedding photographer, Henry is the best choice!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Hi Thuy!

Happy 3-month wedding anniversary to you and Kenny, I can't believe how quickly time has flown by. I hope you're both having an amazing Summer as newlyweds and had an amazing honeymoon to Europe!

Feels like it was just yesterday when you and Kenny inquired about my photography services and you took the time to drive all the way out to my home and meet with me (sorry about all that rush hour traffic!).

Not only did you meet with me, but chose me to be your photographer after our meeting. I'm forever grateful for your trust and business!

Fast forward to your wedding day, I remember all the little details and moments that took place. From you getting ready with your sisters/bridesmaids to that emotional first look with Kenny at St. Denis Catholic Church, followed by the super fun portrait session with your bridal party (who were all so wonderful and friendly!), and finally the incredible reception party at Mon Cheri Restaurant.

It really felt like I was photographing two of my friends' wedding, as you treated me like a friend from the first time we met last year. I can't thank you both enough for everything, and now writing such a sweet review for me. Thanks again, and absolutely, I look forward to connecting with you and Kenny again in the future!

Stephen · Married on 06/02/2018

We had Henry as our photographer for our engagement session as well as our wedding day. Henry is very personable and makes a real effort in getting to know you in order to retell your story through his photos. Prior to our wedding day, Henry requested that we complete a questionnaire in order to understand our timeline, priorities and expectations. I was very pleased to receive so many photos of my guests as I had requested from our meeting. I would say his photo style is vivid – the colors really pop – high definition, crisp and clean. Henry was mindful of our timeline and we never fell behind schedule. I have to say that out of all our vendors, Henry was the most hardworking person on our wedding day. As with any wedding, not everything goes according to plan, but Henry took it all in stride. His patience, enthusiasm and energy were 100% from start to finish. We also truly appreciate how well he worked with our other vendors. He was conscious of sharing space and time with our videographers, constantly thanked our day-of-coordinator and her assistant for helping throughout the portrait sessions, and shared his photos of the reception set-up and food with our caterer. Our engagement photos were ready within 2 weeks. Our wedding day slideshow was available within 2 weeks and our full wedding gallery was ready within a month (less than 30 days to be exact!). His rates are reasonable and he was flexible when it came to working within our budget. He had the most thorough and transparent contract out of our all vendors. We were so lucky to have Henry and Jeremiah as our wedding day photographers and we highly recommend Aevitas Weddings!

Sent on 08/11/2018

Aevitas Weddings's reply:

Hi Phuong! I hope you and Stephen are enjoying the newlywed life and your first Summer together as husband and wife!

Your review absolutely made my day, I'm so grateful and fortunate to have been chosen as your photographer, and having done so just through the web/email.

Feels like it was just yesterday in December when we first met up for your engagement session at UCLA, where you and Stephen met.

Thank you for your trust and confidence in me from day one, and most certainly on your wedding day. I can't appreciate enough your attention to all the little things that you mentioned in your feedback.

It means so much to me that I was able to play a small part on yours and Stephen's special day, and provide you the photos that will help you remember all the unforgettable moments for many, many years to come.

Also, I know your detailed review will be of great help to future, potential couples, to give a glimpse of what it's like to have Aevitas Weddings as their wedding photographer. Thank you so much for that also.

I know you and Stephen just got back from an amazing honeymoon and will be moving soon, with lots of big, exciting changes in your lives!

I wish you both nothing but the very best, please don't ever be a stranger to get in touch with me if there's ever anything I can do. Thank you!

Patty · Married on 05/27/2018

I highly recommend Henry as a wedding photographer if you’re looking for someone who can not only give you quality timeless photos, but photos that will also capture those special moments on your wedding day. The photos truly captured our wedding and were so beautiful and timeless. Photos are one of the most important mementos for a wedding so I wanted them to help me remember my special day and I think Henry completely nailed it.

Sent on 07/03/2018

Hi Patty!

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for your beautiful testimonial, it totally made my day! I'm beyond grateful that you and Grant chose me to be your photographer, many months before your wedding day, and all via email!

I can't begin to tell you how much it means to me that you trusted me to capture your day, and how wonderful it was to be around you, Grant, your family, and friends!

Thank YOU and Grant for wearing your emotions on your sleeves all day, and being patient with me! I love all the moments that took place, like you with your bridesmaids during the getting ready, your first moment/look with Grant on the balcony and hotel room...

...not to mention that AMAZING Lego setup of the ceremony and wedding cake, WOW! Plus, I love all the games that took place at your reception, especially when Grant had to guess who kissed him! Speaking of Grant, much love for his Sacramento Kings songs (being a diehard NBA fan myself)!

I remember like it was just yesterday around August of 2017 when you and Grant inquired (funny it was just a few days after being at your wedding venue, Pasea Hotel and Spa in Huntington Beach!)...and not too long after the inquiry, you decided to have me as your photographer.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart...have an amazing time on your honeymoon in Australia and hopefully, the Australian Open as well!

Vicky · Married on 05/26/2018

5 stars all the way! Henry was our wedding day photographer and by far our favorite vendor to work with. From the moment we hired him, he showed the utmost professionalism and took the time to really get to know my fiance and I. He has a natural ability to tap into whatever concept/theme you're looking for and is an extremely talented photographer. He even met up with his before our big day and helped us map out an itinerary. Look no further, this is your photographer...our results were amazing.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Aevitas Weddings's reply:

Hi Vicky! I hope you and Aaron are enjoying the married life, happy 2-month wedding anniversary! Feels like it was just yesterday when I got your inquiry and we had a phone meeting back in September!

Thank you and Aaron for choosing me to be your photographer right after our meeting, and trusting me to capture your beautiful wedding at Villa del Sol d'Oro!

It felt like I was transported to somewhere in Tuscany, Italy! I loved all the moments between you both, like your first "moment" with the beautiful words you wrote to each other, as well as your multi-cultural/multi-faith Catholic-Jewish ceremony.

And it was so wonderful to see how important family and friends were at your wedding, especially the relationship between you and your parents/siblings!

Thanks again for allowing me to photograph all of those amazing moments. I'm very grateful for your kind words and sincerely wish you and Aaron nothing but the very best in the next chapter of your lives together!

Vivian · Married on 05/19/2018

Henry is the top of the line, gold-standard for wedding photographers. Not only are his photographs visually stunning but he is one of the most professional, organized and detailed people I've ever known. We had our wedding in Laguna Beach, and my husband and I planned the wedding by ourselves from the East Coast without meeting any of our wedding vendors in person. I'm a super busy lawyer and I slacked off on the wedding planning a lot. However, Henry checked in with us to schedule our calls, go through our itinerary together and kept us on track. He gave us advice for how we should allocate our time and asked us questions about wedding issues that never even crossed our minds. By the time we flew to California, we had worked out all of the nuances of the day. I cannot stress how important it is to work with a photographer who knows what he's doing and does his work efficiently. When people say that the day of the wedding goes fast, IT DOES. We felt like we actually cut a lot of traditional events out of our wedding, but there was a lot that we had to do during the day, and we don't think we could have fit everything in if we didn't have Henry's sharp eye for the shot he wanted to get and his calm, firm guidance. We did not feel rushed or stressed at all, and in fact, he even jumped into the waves while we were taking photos on the beach to stop it from crashing into my dress. Regarding the photos, It was super important to us to have photos that really reflected who we are as a couple and the mood of our wedding, and he really captured our friends' awesome, fun personalities on the dance floor. We laughed so much when we first got our photos, and now we'll always be able to look back on this awesome night. I used to think that contracting with a wedding photographer was just about the visual look, but I've realized that working with the right photographer informs a huge part of your wedding, and we feel super lucky to have worked with Henry for our wedding.

Sent on 01/12/2018

Hi Vivian!

Thank you thank you thank you for this incredible, super detailed, and thoughtful review!

I'm so honored to be your wedding photographer and grateful for your beautiful words. It's been nothing but a pleasure knowing you and Andy over the past year.

I remember getting your inquiry in the Fall of 2016 and we got on Skype for our initial consultation. All 3 of us were in different states! I was in CA, you were in NY, and Andy was in NC (I believe)! Plus, you were still at work, working so late!

It's been so wonderful following your story/adventures on Instagram (actually inspired me to sign up for CrossFit and work out after seeing your posts/stories!).

Truly, the first few seconds meeting you online, it felt like we've been friends for so long! We hit it right off, like I was getting to photograph two of my friends' weddings! You made ME feel comfortable...it's just a testament to how amazing of people you and Andy are!

And then connecting again several weeks before your wedding, to go over the final details. I was super excited about everything you had planned, from the first look with Andy, sneaking out to the beach for portraits, the intimate, indoor ceremony, and of course...the out-of-this-world reception party!

Your wedding day was filled with so much love, joy, and celebration, especially the reception! Still can't get over that moment when Andy poured some drink for his grandma!

And yes, when you and Andy told me where you were going on your honeymoon, well...that just did it for me! I knew we weren't meant to work together!

Thank you so much for choosing me to be your photographer, and taking time to write this amazing review. I hope one day, we'll see each other out in the wilderness, out on an adventure. I've no doubt it will be EPIC! :)

Jie · Married on 05/19/2018

I have been admiring Henry’s work since before I got engaged so of course when the time came to choose a photographer I immediately contacted Aevitas weddings . He was quick to respond and worked with me while I was in between wedding dates and venues! He really tries his best to accommodate his couples and I could tell immediately that he whole heartedly wants your experience with him to be the smoothest and easiest part of wedding planning. We chose Henry to take our engagement and wedding day photos and he lived up to all my expectations! Both my husband and I don’t usually love taking photos and was worried our photos would look too posed or awkward but with Henry’s direction and guidance our photos turned out stunning! We felt relaxed and more importantly we felt very comfortable working with Henry! He made sure we were running on time on our wedding day and captured the day beautifully! He made us a wedding day slideshow that captured all the feels for the day and watching it made me feel like I was reliving all the best moments. I highly recommend Aevitas Weddings for anyone looking for not only great photography skills but someone who’s personable, professional and easy to work with!

Sent on 07/03/2018
    Aevitas Weddings 9
    Aevitas Weddings 10
    Aevitas Weddings 11
    Aevitas Weddings 12
    Aevitas Weddings 13

Hi Jie!

I hope you and Sam are enjoying the married life and the move up to the Bay area went smoothly. Can't believe it 's been almost a year since we first connected online via Instagram!

Thank you for your kind words, and choosing me to be your wedding photographer well before we met in person at your e-session! Speaking of e-session, it was so much fun hanging out with you and Sam (and your sister!) around Malibu and Downtown LA, capturing the love between you two!

And fast forward to your big day just 1.5 months ago...I loved how you and Sam incorporated the tea ceremony to pay respect to your parents and family in your wedding, and the memorable first look/portraits along the hallway at the Sheraton Universal Hotel.

Thanks again for everything, wishing you and Sam nothing but the very best in the next chapter of your lives together as wife and husband!

Eva · Married on 05/12/2018

Henry was our wedding photographer at our May 2018 wedding. He's so friendly and thoughtful, organized and thorough and replies to emails promptly. He's wonderful! The quality of the photos are amazing and we have tons to go through. Having Henry as our photographer was a great experience. I'd highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/11/2018

Hi Eva,

I hope you and Brandon are enjoying the married life. Thank you so much for your wonderful review/kind words! It was so wonderful connecting with you and Brandon about a year ago, first over the web, and then in person a few months back.

I loved capturing all the beautiful moments of your day, thank you (and your parents!) for inviting me to your home for the getting ready photos, and I'll never forget your surprise "first look" for Brandon at SmogShoppe...what a great idea!

From your amazing hand-crafted details to the focus on food/drinks with a touch of your Jewish faith to those beautiful vows you and Brandon said to each other at the ceremony, it was nothing but a pleasure and privilege being your photographer. Thank you Eva!

Lisa · Married on 05/07/2018

I can't possibly extol Henry Chen's talents and virtues adequately. Where to start? He is lovely. Henry was extremely responsive, communicative and thoughtful from jump. He made us comfortable and took great interest in our personalities and preferences throughout the process. The day of our Malibu beach elopement, he arrived with boundless energy, creativity and unfailing enthusiasm. I generally do NOT like my image in pictures and would have been pleased with a handful of good photos. I am delighted to report, an embarrassment of riches; I have hundreds that I LOVE. And. He made it FUN. Besides marrying my true prince charming, Henry was the highlight of my precious wedding day. And now, so ingrained in our sublime experience, he will remain with us through our photographic memories, for posterity. (Worth noting: We live in Ohio and knew nothing of the So Cal wedding scene. Yet, I changed my wedding date from a Saturday to a Monday - just to be able to work with Henry Chen. My initial instincts - based on his website gallery alone, were spot-on. He was a true and natural partner in the process and in our day - so very able to capture every subtle nuance of our individual and collective personalities. I can never thank Henry enough. There aren't words to express how grateful I am for the gifts he's given us.) Lisa Nicolella

Sent on 05/23/2018
    Aevitas Weddings 14
    Aevitas Weddings 15
    Aevitas Weddings 16

Hi Lisa,

I hope you and Joe had an amazing vacation + wedding + honeymoon out here in Southern California. It's been nothing but a pleasure getting to know you both from our first email a few months ago. And a privilege being chosen as your wedding photographer, well before meeting in person!

Thank you for trusting me to not only capture your elopement in Malibu at Point Dume State Beach, but even changing your wedding date to work with my availability and taking into account my wedding day tips/suggestions!

I absolutely loved getting to know you and Joe, the chemistry/love between you two is absolutely incredible, thank you for wearing your emotions on your sleeve all day long. I'm thrilled to hear you liked the photos and am very grateful to have played a small part in the beginning of the next chapter for you and Joe.

All the best to you both!

Kelly · Married on 04/29/2018

There is so much I can say about Henry! He is honestly super professional and his photos are gorgeous. Timeless is the word I really like to use when describing his style. From day 1 Henry was absolutely thorough and let me know all his expectations and also welcomed all of mine. I never had a questions for him because he pretty much answered all of them before I even had the chance to ask, he definitely has experience in his profession. He sent regular emails to update us and let us know what to do next. On the day of the wedding he showed up early and pretty much rocked the whole shoot. My bridal party was huuuge and he still managed to be very organized despite the groomsmen being a pain and not listening very well haha! I also didn't have a day-of-coordinator since my venue had some pretty faulty communication issues on their end (that story is for another time). Henry still managed to capture some amazing shots given the circumstances. I told him he was like a chameleon because we really didn't see him all night but when we received our photos it was like he was right there next to us the whole time :D amazing. Also he is very flexible, if there's a certain shot you want or pose you'd like to try, he really lets you have some say in your day, as it should be. You won't regret having Henry!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Hi Kelly!

Thank you SO much for your amazing review! I'm beyond grateful and honored that you chose me to be your wedding photographer, well before meeting in person and all through email.

I can only imagine how important photography is to you and Nimrad; the trust and confidence you put into me to capture your special day means the absolute world.

Thank you also for appreciating the big and little details, it was my pleasure to help out in any way I could. In addition to capturing your wedding as best as I could, I wanted to make sure you, Nimrad, and your family/friends all had an amazing, stress-free day celebrating.

Please keep in touch, wishing you, Nimrad, and your son nothing but the very best!

Matt · Married on 12/31/2017

Our experience with Henry and his team was amazing from the beginning! We first met with him at his home office where we had the opportunity to see photos and albums from over the years. It really allowed us to see his progress as a photographer which is why we were so excited to move forward and lock him in for our big day!

The attached photos are from our engagement shoot which was a fantastic experience even though it was freezing outside. We went to two different locations and he had creative ideas for both. He maximized what limited sunlight we had that day and utilized additional lighting to enhance the photos. They turned out stunning!

Our wedding was truly an all day event and Aevitas weddings was there to capture those special moments from start to finish. The photos turned out amazing and we can't wait for our albums to arrive!

Sent on 03/14/2018
    Aevitas Weddings 17
    Aevitas Weddings 18

Hi Matt!

It was so wonderful capturing yours and Lindsey's wedding on New Year's Eve! Thank you both for choosing me to be your photographer from the moment we met at my home over a year ago.

I'm so thrilled to read you liked all the photos, both the engagement session ones at Griffith Observatory/LACMA, and your wedding images at Richard Nixon Library!

Also, much thanks and love to both yours and Lindsey's parents as well as your bridal party, everyone was such a joy to be around and work with all day long!

I really love those special moments between you and Lindsey, like during the first look and vows during the ceremony. Plus, the ones with you and Lindsey's niece, and Lindsey with her parents and sister.

And what an incredible party you had counting down to 2018, plus starting the new year with a sparkler exit at the end of your reception. Thanks again for everything, here's to a lifetime of love, joy, and happiness!

Annelie · Married on 12/09/2017

Henry was BY FAR one of the best, if not the best investment for our wedding last December 2017. Yes Henry is prompt, professional to a T, creative, but the most important part, the one we all care about the most - HE TAKES THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS. His photos had my family in tears. From the engagement session we did (which I highly recommend because it helps you feel more comfortable with him the day of) to the ceremony, portraits and reception Henry gave us tangible memories that mean the world to us. Thank you Henry to helping us capture the Christmas wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 01/16/2018
    Aevitas Weddings 19

Hi Annelie!

I hope you and Camron had an INCREDIBLE honeymoon in Europe and New York! It must've been extra special to celebrate the holidays at these beautiful countries and cities for the first time as husband and wife.

Thank you so much for your beautiful words! It was truly a pleasure and honor working with you and Camron, and photographing your Christmas-themed wedding!

It was over a year ago we met for the first time at my home studio and talked about your story as well as wedding plans. I really enjoyed your engagement session last Summer, love the outfits you picked and the chemistry between you and Camron!

And on your big day, everything from the emotional first look between your brother and then your dad...and those intimate moments you and Camron had to talk to each other before the ceremony...to the beautifully-decorated Christmas decor at your reception...just magical!

I especially liked the custom designed holiday movie posters you had along the hallway, and one of Camron's friend playing Santa Claus :). But yes, so many wonderful moments that I had the opportunity to capture!

Thanks again!

Henry

Sarah · Married on 11/18/2017

My husband and I are so glad to have picked Henry Chen of Aevitas Weddings for our engagement photos and for our wedding day! I have had family and friends just raving on about the photos captured and it's quality. Henry is a very personable, caring, easy to work with and a very professional wedding photographer. Before meeting Henry for our first shoot (engagement photos), we had already exchanged several emails and even a video conference call where my husband I are able to meet him and got to know him a little bit. He made our engagement shoot go very smoothly, which I thought would be so difficult know my husband and I. He had very good directions on the poses and even though I was reluctant on some of them, I've got to say he knows best, because the photos came out amazing! Between the engagement photos and the wedding day, we exchanged more emails and another video conference call where Henry and I discussed the timeline of the wedding and what photos were to be taken. This was a very long meeting, but Henry made sure to get all the information to make the day go smoothly as possibly while capturing all the moments. I am not much of a wedding planner, and was so grateful to have such an experienced photographer to help me through the timeline planning as well as the entire wedding day! Henry captured SOOOOO many photos from the wedding day and it allows me to reminisce back to one of the best days of my life! To top it off he created a slide show which really took me back to that date! I was so excited to see the sneak peek blog, which was posted within 2 weeks of the wedding. Henry also provided with some early edited pictures so we could use them for our holiday cards! The rest of the photos were sent over within a month of the wedding! SO FAST and ALL SO GREAT!

Sent on 01/03/2018
    Aevitas Weddings 20
    Aevitas Weddings 21
    Aevitas Weddings 22
    Aevitas Weddings 23

Aevitas Weddings's reply:

Happy 2018 to you and Aaron! I hope you had an amazing honeymoon in Europe/Iceland...WOW!

I can't thank you enough for not only choosing me to be your photographer, but doing so just via the web. It felt like we were old friends when we met up for the first time at your engagement session, and again on your wedding day.

I loved all the moments that took place on your big day, like the ones with you and your bridesmaids, moms, and flower girls during the getting ready...yours and Aaron's first look at The Ebell Club (loved your expression when you walked up to him!)...and all the crazy dancing/partying during the reception!

And please send an extra special hello and love to Aaron's aunt, whom I believe was not only the one that helped make all of this possible but is one of the best dancers/wedding guests I've ever seen!

Here's to an amazing first year as husband and wife...thank you Sarah!

Jessica · Married on 11/10/2017

Henry shot our engagement pictures and our wedding and it was one of the best decisions my wife and I made. From the very first day, Henry displayed excellent communication and professionalism, as he immediately makes you feel that everything is under control and he will guide you through. He responds to emails very quickly (within 1 hour) and is very patient and attentive.

Henry is really easy to work with and is on top of everything. He went the extra mile to make sure our wedding was amazing.. from setting up meetings to arriving early and staying as late as we needed him to. He was very helpful and provided us with tips that would allow us to stay organized and on schedule. Henry is also very friendly and memorizes your family members’ names making it easy for him to get the family ready which helps stay on schedule. I would recommend the engagement shoot as we felt it helped during the wedding as we felt comfortable with Henry and understood the timing of the photograph sequences.

The photos came out phenomenal and we have tons of excellent pictures. Henry truly has an eye for photography and is very passionate. His photography is vibrant, artistic, and captures the best candid moments.

My wife and I have been and will continue to highly recommend Henry to anyone in need of a photographer. Thank you so much Henry!

Sent on 01/28/2018
    Aevitas Weddings 24
    Aevitas Weddings 25
    Aevitas Weddings 26

Hi Pablo!

I hope you and Jessica are doing well and enjoying the new year as husband and wife. Thank you very much for your amazing testimonial!

Your kind, thoughtful words mean so much to me, and I couldn't be more honored, grateful, and happy to have met/worked with you and Jessica!

I remember it was last Summer when I got your inquiry, and you and Jessica hired me just through email! We then met up for your e-session in Anaheim and hit it off like we were old friends meeting up again.

And your wedding day was just incredible, both the beautiful ceremony overlooking the ocean at Wayfarers Chapel and your intimate reception at the historic, classic Ebell Club!

Thank you also for putting a high priority on your wedding photography, making the time and wearing your emotions on your sleeve all day long! It really made my job that much more rewarding and special :).

I'll remember our wonderful conversations getting to know each other during your e-session, and all the fun we had capturing your wedding day (love that shuttle ride to and from the venue, the sweet first look between you and Jessica, and the partying/dancing at the reception - especially your friends during the cake cutting!).

Best wishes to you and Jessica, thank you Pablo!

alexis · Married on 10/28/2017

Henry Chen was an absolute pleasure to work with from beginning to end. From our first initial meeting at our venue in Santa Monica, Henry was on time, detail oriented and professional. Leading up to the big day, he took the time to check in with us reguraly to make sure all of wedding day details were in order and to learn about us and our family. On the day of the wedding, he helped me feel at ease on one of the most important days in my life. He is a true master at his craft and captured our wedding day perfectly, exceeding our expectations in every way possible. We would absolutely recommend Henry to every person we know looking for an amazing wedding day photographer.

Sent on 01/02/2018
    Aevitas Weddings 27

Hi Alexis!

Happy New Year to you and Colin. Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a beautiful review right away!

It was so wonderful capturing your special day at Marion Davies Guest House in Santa Monica. I remember like it was just yesterday (almost a year ago) I got your inquiry, and you hired me via email!

We met up a few weeks before your wedding at your venue to go over the final details and get to know each other a bit better.

I really enjoyed meeting both yours and Colin's family and friends on your wedding day, and capturing all the love and moments. Thanks again, best wishes to you both as newlyweds!

Sugandha · Married on 10/06/2017

My (now) husband and I found Henry through Yelp reviews when we first got engaged over a year ago. We live in Phoenix, AZ but wanted our engagement shoot in Southern California. SO needless to say, most of our discussion was a lot of back and forth mailed and I have to say, Henry made it EXTREMELY easy throughout our email conversations to arrange our engagement shoot and figure out details of how we were going to get it done! His friendly nature while maintaining professionalism made us feel super comfortable in his presence.
    We loved those moments captured by Henry so much - we knew we had made the best choice possible and a sense of relief that we now had a photographer for our wedding day as well.
    For our wedding day, I loved that Henry was very detail oriented in that we had a solid timeline written out which helped keeping things running smoothly on the day of the wedding. Through his pictures, we are able to live through that day over and over again because of all the details and portraits and the natural emotions that Henry was able to capture for us.
    I can't thank you enough Henry!! We couldn't have asked for more or better :)

Sent on 01/02/2018
    Aevitas Weddings 28
    Aevitas Weddings 29
    Aevitas Weddings 30
    Aevitas Weddings 31

Aevitas Weddings's reply:

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for not only writing this beautiful review, but doing so voluntarily! just two weeks after your wedding, I'm beyond grateful and honored!

What an incredible year and a half it's been getting to know and work with you and Farzan! Seems like it was just yesterday we connected online for your engagement session in Laguna Beach.

It means the world that you chose me to be your photographer, well before we met in person. I just loved everything about your special day, especially the love and emotions between you, Farzan, and all your family and friends.

From those moments with your mom, sister, and dad during the getting ready, to the first look/first dance with you and Farzan, and just seeing those beautiful smiles and laughters during the Persian ceremony and ballroom reception at Hotel Irvine...it was such a joy capturing everything. Thank you!!!

Hai · Married on 09/30/2017

Henry's great! Amazing photographer and great personality. He is very knowledgeable in many aspects of the wedding as a whole (not just the photography aspect).

My wife and I had a great experience with Henry! You simply can't do wrong if you choose him as your photographer.

Sent on 01/05/2018

Aevitas Weddings's reply:

Happy New Year Hai! I hope it was extra special for you and Naryssa to celebrate the holidays as husband and wife. It was just about a year ago when I got your inquiry and we met on Skype!

I was absolutely thrilled and honored when you chose me to be your photographer, it felt like I was photographing my friend's wedding than just a couple.

It's been an incredible year getting to know you and Naryssa, from the initial meeting and engagement session, to your wedding day!

It was so much fun being around you both and getting to know you, going from Downtown LA down to Rancho Palos Verdes, and back to Downtown (for your e-session).

And on the wedding day itself, from bright and early around 7AM at the hotel to the end of the evening at your reception! We had so much fun capturing all the moments, details, and portraits.

And it's I that's very grateful for what you and Naryssa have done for me. Not only your trust in me to be your photographer but also how thoughtful and considerate you were before, on, and after your wedding day to me and my family...I'll forever cherish them all.

Thank you Naryssa and Hai!

• ALMA

ALMA · Married on 09/09/2017

Wedding Photography

Henry, you are nothing short of amazing! After many hours of searching for the perfect photographer to capture our wedding, my husband and I decided to put our trust in Henry. We did a phone interview with him I knew we had to book him immediately. He is the nicest most genuine person and I can’t be happier to have found him.

His photos are absolutely beautiful and I loved that he has extensive experience photographing weddings of so many different cultures. I am from an Iranian background and he knew the meaning and significance of our culturally traditions and made sure to capture those moments for us.

Henry flew in for the day to do our Engagement photos in San Francisco. We had a very fun day taking photos in multiple different locations. After seeing our engagement photos I was elated and could not wait to see pictures of our wedding.

Our wedding was in Sacramento, CA on a very hot day. Henry worked tirelessly to make sure he captured the most amazing photos of us. You can truly tell that he loves what he does and wants to make the experience fun while getting the most photos time will allow. Countless wedding guest complemented him and said they have never seen such a nice and hard working photographer.

Aside from his raw talent, Henry is meticulously organized. Something I personally needed. He helped redo my entire wedding timeline and I am so glad I took his advice on everything. There is now wonder why he has so many happy clients.

Sent on 05/14/2019

Hi Alma!

I hope you and Travis are doing well. I can't believe it's been 1.5 years since your big day, feels like it was just yesterday!

Thank you for trusting me to capture yours and Travis' wedding all over the internet and phone call.

Not only is it a huge decision to choose someone without meeting them in person but also one that is out of town in Los Angeles!

It was such a pleasure meeting you and Travis (as well as your brother) for your engagement session in SF earlier on in the year. I had a blast getting to know you both and capturing your love for each other all over the city.

And then fast forward to your incredible wedding day in Sacramento at Arden Hills Club and Spa! I love how you incorporated your Persian background into your day, with the Persian ceremony and dances/music during the reception.

Plus, those amazing moments between you and Travis, as well as your parents and siblings...they were all so magical and memorable.

Thanks again for choosing me as your photographer and allowing me to play a small part in yours and Travis' big day. Take care, I hope our paths cross again in the future!

Rebecca · Married on 09/03/2017

Henry is hands down amazing. Since the day we met Henry and saw his work, we knew we found a gem, and to put the cherry on top- his prices were extremely reasonable. He shot our wedding over labor day weekend, in 100 degree weather (no joke), and did an amazing job. From our initial meeting to our engagement shoot to the day of wedding and after, Henry has been easily available, flexible, on-top of it and enjoyable to work with. He streamlined the whole process and made me feel very at ease. He will capture the day like no other. I got so many compliments from guests and the bridal party on his professionalism at the wedding and on the gorgeous pictures he took. He showed up early and left late, just to ensure that he shot enough photos. We were thrilled that we received sneak peaks just days after the wedding, a slideshow just a couple weeks after the wedding, and all photos within 3 weeks of the wedding. He works hard to ensure that couples are happy and we could not recommend him enough! Thanks, Henry!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write these beautiful words, they mean the world to me!

It's been nothing but a pleasure and privilege getting to know and work with you and Areg, from our very first meeting last year to just less than 2 months ago with your special day.

I remember on your wedding day how not only you and Areg, but your family and friends, were filled with so much love, joy, and happiness as I captured all the moments: the first look/greetings between the two families, at the Armenian church, and all the dancing/festivities at the reception venue!

And thank you both as well as all your guests for treating me like a friend more so than just a vendor. Though it was an extra warm day, nothing slowed down the special moments from you both and your loved ones. Thank you!

Kyle · Married on 08/05/2017

Henry and his team did a phenomenal job at our wedding and we would proudly recommend him for any of our friends' events or weddings.

From the beginning, I had a really good feeling about Henry. He was sociable, polite, and very well organized for our first meeting. The last thing I wanted was the be worried about our photographer on our wedding day. Even small things annoy me when I'm stressed, and I wanted someone who would be well-prepared, who would get along with our wedding party, and who we could easily spend the whole day with and not be sick of.

And of course we really liked Henry's photography style. We had seen pictures of Henry's previous shots and they were in line with our vision for the event. I would characterize Henry's style as striking, momentous, and true. I dislike the current style of wedding photography, a bit washed out with a pale tint of pink and hipster on everything. Up until the event, there was constant communication between Henry and us.

The wedding went very smooth, we were ahead of schedule for most of the event, so I got to spend a lot of quality time with my bride and guests. The pictures came out great and there were a ton of them.

Sent on 11/25/2017

Hi Kyle!

I hope you Elaine are doing well and enjoying the married life. WOW! Thank you so much for your amazing review! I'm truly honored of being your photographer, and grateful for everything you mentioned!

I felt like I was meeting two old friends during our consultation...and what a first impression with the whole rain/gate situation. If I ever need a "lift", I'll be sure to bug you :).

Your wedding day was absolutely incredible - great weather, wonderful vibes from your bridal party and moms, and just overall filled with so much laugh, joy, and emotion.

Being your wedding photographer and capturing all the moments first at the Laguna Cliffs for the getting ready and later at Ole Hanson Beach Club for the rest of the day, was not only a pleasure and honor...but you really allowed me to capture my style/vision of photography. Thank you so much for all of that! :)

I wish you and Elaine all the best, here's to your first Christmas/New Years as husband and wife! Thank you Kyle!

Leilani · Married on 07/29/2017

Henry is the hardest working photographer out there! He and his team will rise to your occasion and deliver the best service out there.
    Researching Photographers: I started researching 6-7 months prior to our wedding date. Aevitas Weddings (Henry) was a preferred vendor for our venue (Hotel Seven4One, Laguna Beach, Ca). I reviewed several photographers online and I narrowed it down to 2 vendors to visit based on online reviews and each websites. After meeting with both vendors, we chose Henry because of the customer service. Bother vendors had beautiful photos and great testimonials; however, Henry was personable, flexible, and extremely organized. He also worked with us to meet our budget. We didn’t feel like we were being pushed packages that we really didn’t need. Henry does his best to make the client feel comfortable.
    Prior to wedding: As mentioned, Henry is very organized! He reached out to us 6 weeks prior to our wedding to check in on the planning. His website, emails and forms are clear and easy to follow. We had video conference meetings to wrap on details. His attention to details really helped pull us towards the finish line.
    Day of: Henry and his team showed up early on the day of the wedding. They knew exactly what do and started photographing wedding items before the party was ready. They were professional, polite and kept the timeline moving. Henry and team took time to know the families and friends. They took beautiful photos of all aspects of the party. They worked so hard until the end of our contract.
    Post wedding: Henry processed the photos and sent us a link to our slideshow within 1 month of the wedding. He was about to get the gallery up with the all the photos within a couple of months. My husband was so excited and impressed with the photos that he wants to get a book made, too, (which was not part of the original plan!). Many family and friends who viewed the photos were impressed.

Sent on 01/10/2018

Hi Leilani!

WOW! Your INCREDIBLE review totally made my day!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!! I can't tell you enough how big of a smile you brought to my face and heart while reading your testimonial.

And it's super duper helpful, not just for me, but also future, prospective couples, to read what you wrote, as it's so detailed from how you found your photographer to after your big day!

Speaking of the big day, I can't thank you, Danny, and your family enough for having me capture all the beautiful moments. It was an absolute joy being around you both and your loved ones...loved those special moments throughout the day, like the ones with your parents and sister during the getting ready, and how emotional the first look was with Danny. And what a party everyone had during the reception, especially the dancing!

Thank you also for taking the time to come to my home and meet with me in the beginning, getting to know you and Danny, going over the details of your wedding, and even allowing me to share the travel side of my life :).

I know it's been about 6 months since your wedding, and there were a lot of big, exciting changes happening in your life afterward. I hope everything went well and you were able to enjoy the holidays in your new place as husband and wife!

Please keep in touch, and don't hesitate to let me know if there's ever anything I can do for you and Danny (album!). Thanks again Leilani!

Jacqueline · Married on 07/22/2017

Henry is an amazing photographer! When my husband and I were looking for a photographer for our wedding, we were not sure as to what to look for or questions to ask. After some research and viewing portfolios, I absolutely fell in love with his beautiful and captivating pictures! Henry can capture incredible moments in an extraordinary way. His ability to take candid pictures is breathtaking! Henry is a true professional and detailed oriented in every way. His attention to every detail from our first meeting to the wedding day was impressive. We appreciated his interest in getting to know us as a couple and our families. I was excited and nervous on my wedding day but Henry helped me feel at ease and comfortable with the camera.

Henry is responsive via any form of communication, email, phone, or Skype! This is critical during many months of wedding planning and he was always available to answer any questions or concerns. His calm demeanor and upbeat personality were exactly what we needed in the months leading up to the wedding and on our wedding day. We loved his creative ideas on the wedding day such as sneaking out of our reception to take sunset pictures and a stunning picture of our last dance with bubbles! We also appreciated the speediness of receiving a slideshow within two weeks of the wedding and our gallery shortly thereafter. His photography services go beyond providing us our gallery but he also checked in with us to make sure we were able to access our pictures with no issues. We have received endless compliments about our gorgeous pictures. We absolutely loved how he captured our guests’ personalities and our love as newlyweds! Thank you Henry for sharing our special day. We are grateful to have you as our wedding photographer and you have a special place in The Garbarino Family!

Sent on 10/05/2017
    Aevitas Weddings 32
    Aevitas Weddings 33
    Aevitas Weddings 34
    Aevitas Weddings 35

Aevitas Weddings's reply:

Hi Jacqueline! I hope you and Michael are enjoying the married life! Thank you so much for taking the time to write these beautiful words. Not only do they mean the absolute world to me, but hope they'll be of help to future, prospective couples in search of a wedding photographer.

I remember like it was just yesterday when you and Michael came by my home studio and shared with me your story and initial wedding plans.

I loved the intimacy and beautiful moments of your special day at Fess Parker DoubleTree in Santa Barbara, what a beautiful backdrop! And every one of your family and friends were such a joy to meet and work with!

I hope you had an amazing honeymoon along the coast of CA and Yosemite National Park. Thanks again for everything, and please keep in touch!