Aevitas Weddings Reviews

Aevitas Weddings 6
Aevitas Weddings 7
  • Lily

Lily Cote · Married on 09/01/2019

best decision for wedding photographer

As a professional photographer I was very anxious about finding a photographer for my own wedding. I was so incredibly lucky to have found Henry at Aevitas weddings. He was not only an amazing photographer but he was an incredibly helpful part of my wedding. He spent a long video call with me helping me choose a location for portraits, he was came early and he was very kind. I could not recommend him enough.

Sent on 10/12/2019

Aevitas Weddings's reply:

Hi Lily, I hope you and Nathan are doing well and enjoying the newlywed life! It was such a pleasure and privilege meeting and working with you on your big day.

Being a photographer yourself, it was such an honor to be considered and chosen to capture your wedding. Thank you for your trust in me.

I also loved meeting your family and friends and capturing those special moments. Like the father-daughter first look at the hotel and later when you saw Nathan for the first time at the park in Beverly Hills.

And I loved the special touches you added to your wedding details, with the Lord of the Rings-inspired theme, custom-made vows, and coins at the tables!

Thanks again for having me as your photographer, I hope you and Nathan have an incredible honeymoon later this year and a lifetime of adventures, board games, and memories!

• Wilhelmina

Wilhelmina Hartana · Married on 08/16/2019

Highly recommend!!

My husband and I are extremely happy to have chosen Henry to capture the highlights of our small, but intimate celebration. Aevitas Weddings was actually the most expensive vendor we had booked for our little wedding––and to us, he was worth every dime we paid for!

Henry was extremely professional throughout the entire time, and it was clear how hard he worked both as a professional photographer and as a wedding vendor to ensure that we were as comfortable and stress-free on our happy day as possible. Most people had even come up to me after our event, commenting on how lovely he was, and how much they were looking forward to the end products after seeing how skillfully he directed and organized people for shots, photos, candids, and even the spontaneous request or two. When we finally got all of our images from him on his website, no words can describe how blown away we and our families and friends were by how beautifully they turned out.

Photography is sadly one thing that people overlook when planning for a wedding. In the process of choosing vendors, many of my own friends and family had even suggested that I find a cheaper alternative, or rely on someone in the party to take the photos instead. After both the fun, stress-free experience that Henry had provided, as well as receiving such wonderful photos, I can safely say that going with a professional like Aevitas Weddings was the right choice for us. I'll happily recommend Henry to anyone who wants to have a good experience and to have beautiful keepsakes that they can treasure for years to come.

Sent on 09/25/2019
    Aevitas Weddings 8
    Aevitas Weddings 9
    Aevitas Weddings 10
    Aevitas Weddings 11
    Aevitas Weddings 12

Hi Aline,

I hope you and Antonio are doing well and enjoying the newlywed life. Happy one+ month anniversary to you two! I can't begin to express how thankful I am of you choosing me to be your wedding photographer all over email and allowing me to play a small part on yours and Antonio's special day.

It meant the world that you put a high priority on your photography and invested in it. It's truly the highest level of honor that a wedding photographer could receive and I'm beyond grateful for your trust in me to capture your day.

I loved the intimacy of your wedding, with those moments between each other during the getting ready and throughout the rest of the day. I also loved capturing the activities/interactions between you two and your family and friends, especially during the dancing towards the end of the reception :).

And that's so thoughtful of what your loved ones said, everyone was so wonderful and kind to me, please extend my regards to your family and friends!

Your kind words meant so much to me and I couldn't be more happy and thankful to get to meet and work with you and Antonio. I wish you two nothing but the very best. If there's ever anything I can do, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at any time.

• Kiera

Kiera Stefens · Married on 07/27/2019

Our best vendor -- hands-down

Aevitas Weddings (Henry Chen) was the first vendor we booked after locking down our wedding venue. My husband, Ronnie, and I planned our Southern California wedding from New York and Henry went above and beyond to assure that we could be comfortable and confident in our choice in him as our wedding photographer. Communication with Henry was as effortless as could be – he even went so far as to ask if there is any way he could help or offer advice when it came to other aspects of the planning process!

His presence in his e-mails was friendly and professional off-the-bat, asking more about us, how my husband and I met, etc. Closer to our wedding date, we set up a video call where Henry made sure to learn of any specific shots we wanted, any particular family dynamics he should be made aware of, and the like. It made working with him on our big day all the more comfortable and stress-free.

Throughout the wedding itself, Henry and his assistant, Travis, were exceptional. The finished photo products were proof that my husband and I had made the right choice in choosing Henry and Aevitas Weddings to capture our most beautiful, important moments from our big day. I would recommend Henry to anyone looking for stunning, timeless pictures that you can love and cherish for a lifetime.

Sent on 09/23/2019
    Aevitas Weddings 13
    Aevitas Weddings 14
    Aevitas Weddings 15

Aevitas Weddings's reply:

Happy 2-month wedding anniversary to you and Ronnie. I hope you had an amazing Summer as newlyweds! Thank you...thank you...thank you SO much for your kind words!

It absolutely meant the world that you not only consider me to be your wedding photographer via the Seven4One preferred vendor list (thank you guys!) but chose me to capture your big day just after a few emails, without any virtual or in-person meeting.

I'm so thrilled that you and Ronnie had a great experience working with me, it was an utmost pleasure getting to know you two in the months leading up to your wedding and our first/final meeting online! And anything I could've done to help make your planning process easier was also a pleasure!

You and Ronnie (as well as your family and friends) were the kindest, most thoughtful individuals ever. You treated Travis and I like guests more so than just vendors, from the moment we showed up at Seven4One until we said goodbye towards the end of the evening.

I loved all the moments that took place on your special day, especially the ones with each other during the ceremony (Ronnie's expression when he saw you walk down the aisle!) and when we snuck out for some sunset portraits.

Thanks again for your trust in me as your photographer and taking the time to write these beautiful words. I wish you and Ronnie the absolute best...please don't ever hesitate to reach out at any time if there's anything I can do for you two.

Much love and thanks!

• Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 07/06/2019

We Are So Lucky to Have Found Henry!

Words can not express how thankful my husband and I are that we found Henry! While we were searching for wedding photographers, Henry's photos stood out to me as being vibrant and captivating. To put it simply, I was blown away! When I contacted him, I was greeted with positivity and genuine excitement. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, he was always there for me and my husband, and that meant a lot to us!

We did our engagement photos with him as well as our wedding photos, and every picture he took captured a different memory. During the event, Henry was warm, patient and professional. We received the highest of compliments from our guests about how kind Henry and his assistant were! My husband and I are so lucky to have had Henry be our wedding photographer! If I could give more than 5 stars, I would :)

Sent on 08/21/2019
    Aevitas Weddings 21
    Aevitas Weddings 22
    Aevitas Weddings 23

Aevitas Weddings's reply:

Hi Vanessa! I hope you and Garrett are having a great Summer and enjoying the newlywed life. It feels like it was just yesterday we connected via WeddingWire!

After a few emails, I was so honored and excited to be your wedding photographer! It's almost been a year since we first met at your e-session.

It felt like we were old friends catching up vs. strangers meeting for the first time. I had a blast getting to know you and Garrett and capturing the love between you two at Oak Canyon Nature Center and Victoria Beach.

Then fast forward to this past early July...such a beautiful wedding day you and Garrett had! The first look between you two was truly magical and one of the most emotional ones I've ever captured!

In addition, you and Garrett had such a wonderful wedding party...everyone was so friendly and fun/easy to work with. I just loved those moments between you and your girls and also Garrett with his gang.

Thanks again for trusting me to be your photographer well before we met in person. It is I that's the lucky one to work with such a sweet, kind-hearted, and fun couple :).

• Nayani

Nayani · Married on 07/06/2019

Amazing photographer who also inadvertently helps to run the show!

Henry and his team did all the photography for our wedding and I can honestly say that they are WONDERFUL. Extremely professional and maintain laser focus on delivering your wedding photos regardless of what other chaos may lurk in the background.

Henry made an effort to try and get to know my husband and me before the wedding (we lived across the country so this took place via video calls) so he got a good grasp of how we interact. He also took care to learn about our families and different dynamics.

We appreciate all the care he took into capturing special moments AND oftentimes, corralling us along as needed. It was actually really handy!

Sent on 09/12/2019
    Aevitas Weddings 24
    Aevitas Weddings 25
    Aevitas Weddings 26

Aevitas Weddings's reply:

Hi Nayani, thank you and Zack very much for having me as your wedding photographer! Happy 2-month wedding anniversary to you two, I hope you're enjoying the newlywed life this Summer :).

It was so wonderful being referred to you by your cousin/my past bride (thank you Vithya and Peter!). it's truly an honor to be recommended by my past couples...and I couldn't be more thankful to you and Zack for trusting me to capture your day, even though we were on opposite sites of the country!

I'm thrilled to hear you had a pleasant experience working with me and my team. You, Zack, and your family and friends were all so wonderful, thoughtful, and showed so much love, joy, and other emotions.

Plus, I loved the multi-cultural and faith aspect of your wedding, paying tribute to both yours (Hindu-Sri Lankan) and Zack's (Jewish) backgrounds. As well as your surprise first dance/duet song performance, WOW!

Thanks again for everything, especially taking some time to write these beautiful words. I wish you and Zack an amazing life together as Mrs. and Mr.!

Christina Ramirez · Married on 07/05/2019

Amazing! Amazing! Amazing!

We will never have enough words of gratitude for Henry and his team. He blew us away from the very beginning and he never once let us down. All the amazing and incredible reviews you'll read about Aevitas Weddings, those are the experiences that only come from someone who is as professional, talented, kind and THOROUGH as Henry.

Thanks again from the bottom of our hearts Henry! We will always highly recommend you and your team.

Sent on 08/18/2019

Hi Christina!

I hope you and Ruben are enjoying the married life, how quickly over a month has flown by since your beautiful, intimate wedding at the Mission Inn Hotel And Spa in Riverside and your reception in Santa Ana!

Thank you SO much for choosing me to be your wedding photographer after just a few emails and all without a meeting. It's truly the highest of honors and I couldn't be more thankful.

I loved capturing all those beautiful moments like with your mom, family, and friends, and Ruben and your son! Also, thank you and Ruben for being such troopers and making multiple stops for photos at Oak Canyon Nature Center and the Downtown Santa Ana area.

I wish you, Ruben, and your son lots of incredible, wonderful moments and memories together as a family. Much love and best wishes!

• Ryan

Ryan Luu · Married on 06/22/2019

A true professional

My wife and I had a wonderful experience working with Henry as our photographer. He was extremely professional in every sense of the word. Originally, we went with Aevitas/Henry solely because we like style of the photographer, not expecting much. However, we were pleasantly surprised at how professional Henry was. Henry was every organized and extremely easy to work with. He pretty much organized all our meetings, shootings, and follow ups. He even had quicks tips and questionnaires to try to get to know us! We never had to stress out about it at all (which took a huge load off our mind!). If anything, he was the one that was urging us to stick to schedule. Another thing, we really valued how patient and hardworking he was. We didn’t have a wedding organizer on the day of and we were running behind schedule. Henry was able to organize everyone for group photos, even though he didn’t know a shred of Vietnamese. Much appreciated!
    TLDR: He is very professional, organize and very easy to work with. We highly recommend Henry/Aevitas.

Sent on 08/09/2019

Hi Ryan and Hellen!

I hope you're having a wonderful Summer and enjoying the newlywed life. Thank you two SO much for choosing me to be your engagement session and wedding photographer all via a few emails earlier this year!

I know you both have an extra busy work schedule. I can't appreciate enough your trust in me and allowing me to play a small part on your special day.

It means the world that you didn't have to worry too much about the logistics and details on your day. And I "LOL'ed" about not knowing a single Vietnamese word. Thanks also to your family for their patience as we quickly worked on the family formals after the tea ceremony. And your bridal party for braving the long drives and locations for the portraits.

Most importantly, thank you Hellen and Ryan, for having me as your photographer. I'm forever grateful and wish you two nothing but the very best in your new journey as a married couple!

Vanessa Coe · Married on 05/24/2019

Simply the BEST!

Henry is absolutely beyond amazing! My husband and I are so thankful that he shot our wedding. Henry is a true professional and extremely talented. He knows how to get all the best pictures and really made us feel at ease throughout the entire process. To say our wedding pictures (and engagement pictures) turned out stunning would be a huge understatement - our families can't stop raving about them!.

Sent on 07/30/2019

Hi Vanessa! I hope you and Alex had an amazing honeymoon...happy two-month
    wedding anniversary!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review...I can't
    appreciate it enough :). I remember chatting with you and Alex while I was
    at Disneyland with my family, for you to let me know that you'd like to
    have me as your photographer!

It was so wonderful to meet you two in person at your e-session in Malibu.
    Thank you for being so wonderful and treating me like an old friend from
    our first "Hello".

Fast forward to your wedding day, it was such a pleasure and privilege
    being around you and Alex as well as your family and friends. I loved all
    the special moments between everyone, like you with your sisters and mom,
    the first look with your dad, and you and Alex seeing each other before the
    ceremony.

One of my favorite moments was when you and Alex exited the chapel after
    the ceremony; he was pointing right my camera while you had this beautiful
    smile on your face!

Thank you two for choosing me to be your photographer and allowing me to
    play a small part on your special day. Best wishes to a lifetime of love,
    adventure, and memories!

Kim Powers · Married on 05/11/2019

Aevitas Weddings is the best

We cannot say enough good things about Henry and his team! If you are looking for someone to photograph your big day, look no further. Henry spent a lot of time getting to know us and learning about our wedding vision. Henry is one of the most organized people I have ever met and he clearly knows what he's doing. Leading up to our wedding day we were provided with a very detailed timeline that covered all of the important moments we discussed. On the day of, he wrangled our giant wedding party and family and got every single picture we wanted and kept us on schedule! Henry was calm, cool, and professional the entire night. Many guests noticed his skill and thoroughness when covering the night. The attention to detail when capturing portraits is second to none. We are so lucky that Aevitas Photography was there to capture our wedding!

Sent on 07/30/2019

Hi Kim!

WOW! It's already a pleasure and privilege to have one of my past brides voluntarily review me, but to do so just a few days after your wedding without seeing all the photos is truly incredible (over on Yelp)!

First off, biggest of congrats on being married for 2+ months in beautiful San Clemente. It was such an incredible day, getting to be around you and TJ and all your loved ones and capturing all the moments!

Thank you and TJ for trusting me to be your photographer all online after a virtual meeting and even recommending me to your friends Sarah and Marco (and big thanks to your other friends Sasha and Josh for making it all possible).

It meant the world that you and TJ always treated me like an old friend from our first virtual meeting and on your wedding day itself. Thank you for being so wonderful and patient with me, especially during the pre-ceremony portraits and beach portrait session afterward :).

I hope you and TJ had an amazing honeymoon in Southeast Asia and that you and your loved ones liked all the photos from the online gallery!

Natalie Belloiu · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing Compassionate Photographer

We could not have been happier with Henry. He listened to what we wanted and made sure we got the pictures that we wanted. Everyone said that the pictures are the best wedding pictures they have ever seen. Highly recommend Henry.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Hi Natalie,

Thank you and Luca very much for choosing me as your wedding photographer well before we met in person!

It's been so wonderful getting to know and work with you two the past year, from your e-session at Joshua Tree to your big day in Long Beach.

I hope you and Luca are enjoying the married life and having an amazing Summer (for the first time as wife and husband!).

Best wishes to you two!

Sarah Carranza · Married on 05/03/2019

Amazing engagement and wedding photo experience

My husband and I chose Aevitas Weddings for our engagement and wedding photos and could not be happier! Henry is very kind, organized, personable, knowledgeable and easy to work with. He was very responsive to email, masterfully set up the perfect amount of communication leading up to the wedding so we stayed in sync, and answered all our questions with ease. I was honestly blown away by the quality of our photos, and his ability to make us comfortable in front of the camera. He was punctual, listened to what we wanted, made it fun and short (neither my husband nor I enjoy taking pictures), and kept us stress free on our wedding day. His assistant was wonderful as well, I'm so pleased with the service and grateful for them! Hire Aevitas, you will not be disappointed. Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts Henry, we appreciate you!

Sent on 07/31/2019

Hi Sarah,

I hope you and Marco had an incredible honeymoon in Spain! And WOW! What an incredible surprise and honor to receive an amazing testimonial just a few weeks after your wedding (over on Yelp)...thank you so much for your kind words!

I remember when we first met online and got to know each other (thanks to your dear friends Kim and TJ for making it all possible) and then met up in person for your engagement session around Downtown LA.

It meant so much that you trusted in me, with the photography and logistics of your wedding day. Thank you and Marco for being so much fun to work with and allowing me to play a very small part on your special day.

I loved so many aspects of your day...how all the girls were ready for photos the moment I arrived at The Portofino to Marco and his groomsmen/mom hanging out at the house to the way you two looked at each other throughout the Catholic ceremony to being patient with me as we took photos at the park and overall, always being in the moment!

It's I that's very thankful and grateful from the bottom of my heart, Sarah and Marco. Wishing you two nothing but the very best as you start your life together as a married couple!

• Elaine

Elaine · Married on 04/27/2019

Excellent photographer!

Choosing Henry as our photographer for our special day was easily the best decision!!

As any newly engaged couples know, wedding planning can get very overwhelming, very quickly. After perusing The Knot, WeddingWire, HereComesTheGuide, and Yelp, I contacted multiple photographers, and Henry from Aevitas Wedding was the first one we interviewed via FaceTime. From our first conversation, it felt like talking to an old friend. Henry asked about how my fiancé and I met, and what our vision for the wedding was, and articulately answered my long list of questions for him. We ultimately chose Aevitas Wedding because we loved the sample photo gallery, we appreciated the many years of experience, and we were blown away by Henry's attention to detail and attentiveness to our needs. Henry's organization & accessibility helped put my mind at ease.

We did an engagement session, with multiple locations in Pasadena/LA area. Henry went early to our first location, only to find out that a movie was being filmed there, and we would have to improvise and go with a secondary location. By showing up early, Henry helped diffuse the situation and quickly recommended a contingency plan. It could have been a disaster, but thanks to Henry's calm & collected manner, it went so well. The photoshoot felt effortless, and Henry made my fiancé and I feel so at ease. We loved the way our engagement photos came out!
    On the day of the wedding, Henry and his assistants did a spectacular job with our multiple locations (getting ready - church wedding - reception), and working within our timeline. Henry even took the time to learn the names of family members, so that he was able to ask for them by name when taking group photos. I thought that was a very thoughtful and personal touch. Henry also provided a PDF of tips to help photos run smoothly on the day-of, as well as a comprehensive questionnaire to go over all the details. When there was slight schedule change at the church, Henry offered to swing by the church a week prior to our wedding to scope out the surrounding area for alternate photo-ops for our first look. Henry runs his business efficiently and provides a personal touch that we really appreciated. The full wedding photo gallery was available within a month from our wedding. There were so many gorgeous photos! We didn't provide a detailed "shot list", but Henry and his assistants were able to capture all of the big and small details of our big day. We wanted photos that captured the essence of our wedding day, and photos that looked natural and not too posed, and Henry and his team delivered just that, and more!

Thank you Henry for all your hard work, and for being one of our favorite wedding vendors! You helped our day go by so smoothly and captured the memories of our "best day ever" for years to come.

Sent on 07/31/2019
    Aevitas Weddings 27

Aevitas Weddings's reply:

I hope you and Jonathan are enjoying the newlywed life and are having an amazing Summer!

Your incredible review totally made my day already! Thank you SO much for taking the time to voluntarily do this, I can't begin to tell you how much your words meant to me and how greatly I appreciate it :).

I'm so grateful that you and Jonathan chose me to be your wedding photographer after our virtual meeting and really happy to hear you did your extensive research on various websites.

I know there are a lot of wonderful wedding photographers here in So Cal and to be chosen among them to capture your day is such a privilege.

Thank you for YOUR attention to details and remembering all the moments we've had working together, from our first meeting and engagement session to planning for your wedding and your special day!

You and Jonathan have been so kind to me from the very beginning, I felt like I was photographing friends' wedding than just a couple. And thank you and your parents for inviting me to their homes for the getting ready.

Your patience, friendship, wearing your emotions on your sleeves, and trust in me means the world and I couldn't be more honored and thankful to be your photographer.

Here's to endless years of happiness, adventures, and LA Kings' victories (for Jonathan) :).

Hannah · Married on 03/23/2019

Best Wedding Photographer!!!!

Where do we even begin. My husband and I met Henry back in November 2017 when he shot our engagement photos. He was easy to talk to and you could tell he genuinely cared about the couple he was working with. Henry asked us questions about our relationship and how we met so he could really understand us as a couple. We spent our afternoon in Malibu taking photos, and for something that could be so awkward, Henry made us feel like he was our friend and made the process so smooth! Our photos came out incredibly and we decided to hire him again for both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding!

Henry is AMAZING. He works quickly, is creative, and takes BEAUTIFUL photos. He never felt like he was in our way. Our wedding photos are even more amazing than I could have dreamed of. We loved working with Henry and would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a wedding photographer!

We can't thank him enough for everything he has done!

Sent on 04/04/2019

Hi Hannah!

I hope you and Eric had an amazing honeymoon in Bora Bora :). Thank you SO much for writing a review as soon as you got back...I'm truly honored and very grateful.

Feels like just yesterday when I got Eric's email for your e-session in the Fall of 2017. We met up at Starbucks in Malibu for the first time and went right into the shoot.

It meant the world that you would not only hire me to be your e-session photographer but also rehearsal dinner/wedding day all online and without any meetings!

Thank you two for your trust, care, and friendship from the very beginning. It was you two that made me feel like your friend more so than just a vendor/photographer.

Fast forward to your special day...there were so many incredible moments; from those with our parents and wedding party during the getting ready and first look to the beautiful ceremony and action-packed reception dinner on the rooftop of Marina Del Rey Marriott Hotel.

I can't wait to share all the photos with you, Eric, and your family/friends in the coming few weeks. Thank you so much and biggest of congrats!

• Michelle

Michelle Ybarra · Married on 01/26/2019

Happiest! Couldn’t have found a better photographer.

Aevitas Weddings!!! Simply the best in the business! Henry embodies everything you hope to find in an amazing photographer and person, truly understanding and professional, always kind to our vision. He is worth every penny and so much more! From the first email we exchanged, he was very knowledgeable, quick to respond to any and all of my questions. He made us not only feel at ease but welcomed and comfortable working with him. He doesn’t just snap away pictures, he genuinely wants to get to know you. He takes amazing notes and remembers everyone’s names. He shows up prepared and happy to be there. This makes a world of difference. So many people we know complimented our engagement pictures, and especially for our wedding day. He blended perfectly in the background to capture candid moments. We can not recommend Henry enough! He is extremely talented, humble and very kind! We loved ALL our pictures he captured, I cried reliving our day, because you see the love and emotion in our pictures, we couldn’t have asked for any more. Henry you are by far the epitome of what the best photographer is!!! Anyone lucky enough to book you is truly fortunate! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

❤️ Michelle and Ricardo Ybarra

Aevitas Weddings 31
    Aevitas Weddings 32
    Aevitas Weddings 33

Hi Michelle!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your beautiful testimonial. I couldn't be more thrilled to read what you wrote and am so grateful/honored to have been able to play a small part on yours and Ricky's wedding day.

It's truly I that's the lucky one here...to have worked with such a sweet, thoughtful, and kind couple. Every wedding photographer hopes to be chosen to work with amazing brides and grooms like yourself and Ricky.

Thank you so much for trusting me and my work/services enough to hire me directly through email, without any phone call or meeting.

I know how much trust/faith you put into a vendor, especially one that is responsible for capturing all the important moments of your day, and really spending the whole day with you, Ricky, your son Mateo, and all your family and friends!

Thank you also for allowing me to photograph some of the most emotional, personal, and intimate parts of your wedding day, such as the first look between you and your dad, and getting ready with your mom and sister.

I also loved Ricky's reaction the moment he saw you walk down the aisle at the church. And sneaking out for some sunset portraits during the early part of your reception at The Maxwell House.

I'm forever thankful to you and Ricky for having me as your photographer. I look forward to seeing all the beautiful moments/adventures with your husband and son (on Instagram). Please keep in touch, thanks again!

Sondra-Kay · Married on 01/19/2019

Phenomenal!!

It is extremely hard to express in a few words the amount of appreciation and gratitude I have for Henry and the extraordinary work and effort he put into not only shooting my wedding but also in getting to know my husband and I before our big day. As an active duty military member stationed outside of California, he made the “long distance” process extremely easy and so comfortable. Henry was recommended by a family friend and although we had never met prior to our wedding day, he went out of his way to ensure we were comfortable with him, whether it was FaceTime or over the phone conversations. (and that was just -pre-wedding day) On our wedding day, he knew the timeline to a T, knew all my immediate family’s’ names and also got every shot I “wanted” plus a hundred more that were amazing!! I received the photos within a few short weeks and “pleased” is an understatement. The entire process with Henry was beyond smooth and I could not be happier. I would recommend him for your wedding 1000x over!

Sent on 02/16/2019

Aevitas Weddings's reply:

Hi Sondra-Kay, happy one-month anniversary to you and Gonzalo! Thank you SO much for taking the time to write such an amazing review!

I can't thank you two enough for trusting me to be your wedding photographer from the other side of the country and all through a few emails (and thank you to Gonzalo's aunt for making it all possible!).

It was my utmost pleasure to get to know you and Gonzalo, your story, and your wedding plans. And also to do what I could to make the entire process, from inquiry to after your wedding, as smooth, enjoyable, and memorable as possible!

I loved everything about your special day, like those moments with your flower girls/bridesmaids during the getting ready, those moments during the church ceremony when you and Gonzalo glanced over at each, the surprise flash mob dance during the reception, and so much more.

Thanks again for everything, I wish you and Gonzalo nothing but the very best...and please don't ever hesitate to reach out to me if there's anything I can do for you.

Ryan · Married on 12/15/2018

Santa Monica in December

We would highly recommend you choosing Henry for your wedding photos. Planning for your wedding can be extremely stressful with hundreds of details to discuss and decide on. We were truly blessed to find Henry based off a friend’s recommendation and his online reviews. They were spot on! He gave us such a relief and comfort. We knew that he had us covered and would not disappoint us. He was extremely thorough during our initial consultation and throughout the time leading up to the special day. He and his team were prompt and timely making sure we stayed on schedule during our wedding day. He and his team went the extra mile to make sure we captured the scenic pier in Santa Monica right before we walked down the aisle. Henry and team captured some amazing photos of our special day that included First Look photos, ceremony and reception photos. We were also so pleasantly surprised to have our photos in just a few weeks. Henry and his team were amazing, and you will not be disappointed. This should be one of the easiest decisions you make.

Sent on 03/03/2019

Aevitas Weddings's reply:

I hope you're doing well and enjoying the married life. Thank you SO much for choosing me to be your photographer all online (and big thanks to your friend that recommended me!).

It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story/wedding plans via phone last Summer, and to meet you in person at my home when you visited So Cal a few weeks later.

Your wedding day was absolutely beautiful and perfect, including the weather (a bit of luck on our side with the rain going away just in time for your special day). Thank you both for putting a high priority on your photography all day long.

From the moment my assistant and I showed up to your getting ready hotel at the Fairmont Santa Monica, you treated us like old friends and welcomed us with open arms and hearts!

And I loved capturing everything from your first look (love the notes you wrote to each other) and beautiful vows during the ceremony at Annenberg Community Beach House to sneaking out for some sunset portraits right on the sand of Santa Monica Beach and all the dancing/festivities throughout the evening.

It's been an absolute pleasure and privilege getting to know you both and playing a small part on your wedding day. Thanks again for all of your trust and friendship...I'm forever grateful to be your wedding photographer. Much love and congrats!

Gloria · Married on 12/02/2018

Wedding Photographer

We chose Henry as our wedding photographer based on his solid 5 star reviews on weddingwire and yelp. It was the best decision we ever made. From the very beginning, Henry made us feel comfortable -- he got to know us first and let us know all the important tips for engagement and wedding photography. He was more than accommodating in every aspect. When we first took our engagement photos in April, he took the time to help us get as many beautiful photos as possible and always was prompt with time. He was responsive to all our questions and concerns and was always reaching out to us regarding what to expect and how he could be of any assistance to us. His work is amazing and he is great at directing people on how to pose properly for photos. On our wedding day, Henry showed up on time and ready to go! He helped everyone in managing time and was accommodating to everyone. All of our family members and friends raved about how thorough and hard working he was! We are so happy that we chose Henry to capture the most important day of our life! Thank you Henry for you constant upbeat attitude, your helpful words of advice and your unwavering patience!!! Highly recommend to anyone looking for a wedding photographer! You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 01/24/2019

Aevitas Weddings's reply:

Hi Gloria! Thank you and Bryant SO MUCH for posting such a wonderful review...and doing so right after your wedding!

And this is a first for me in 11+ years as a wedding photographer, that both the bride and groom posted reviews voluntarily and separately, WOW, words can't begin to describe how honored I am!

I can't appreciate enough everything you said, it truly makes what I do so rewarding. It was such a pleasure to get to know and work with you and Bryant.

From our first few emails to your wedding day just last weekend, you two were so thoughtful, kind, and treating me like an old friend. Thank you also to your family and friends, it was wonderful meeting them all.

I can't wait to share all the photos with you and Bryant in the very near future (working on them now!). Please enjoy the holidays together and for the first time as a married couple :).

Thanks again for everything, I'll be in touch soon!

Stephanie L · Married on 11/09/2018

Highly Recommend!

Henry was amazing. Going into the wedding planning, I knew photography was one of my top 3 priorities. My wedding was indoors, in a very moody, low lit atmosphere, as well as outdoors at night on top of a building. I needed someone who had an eye and experience with that kind of environment, and photos that were crisp, full of color, and hit the right light notes. I had done a lot of research using the typical wedding websites, like The Knot and Wedding Wire, as well as other wedding sites offering possible candidates for our day. I was simply able to stumble upon him through other people's reviews. ***Let me note here that we were planning a "hometown destination wedding", and I didn't have the luxury of meeting any of the photographers face-to-face - but when Henry sent me a video via email with his response to my insane list of upfront questions within a few days, I knew I had found the guy to capture our wedding. We had already interviewed several people, and Henry just had this genuineness to him that was irresistible. He asked questions that were personal and intimate, which made me realize he genuinely cared not only about getting the job done right and well, but also about us, and how we were feeling.

Henry was professional to the max. We did everything via email (my preferred method due to my line of work), and he made it seamless. I met him the day of, and he was so sincere and positive during the whole shebang. He was adaptable to our timeline - it had to be adjusted a couple of times - and while some of my photo requests were a little out of the box, he ran with it. He was a pleasure to work with, and I would absolutely hire him again for another large event.

I got my photos a few weeks later, and they are absolutely stunning. There are some bloopers that I LOVE (and my bridesmaids, ha), so not only did he capture the importance of the day through the portraits, but also the funny, silly moments when I thought no one was looking.

Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/28/2019

Hi Stephanie,

I hope you and Will had a wonderful holiday celebrating as newlyweds and an even better start to 2019. Thank you so much for your amazing review!

Feels like just yesterday when we first connected via email and after a few rounds of communication, I had the pleasure and privilege of being your wedding photographer!

It means so much that you trusted me to capture your big day all over the web/email. I can only imagine how big of a decision that was and how much faith/confidence you're putting into a complete stranger to document your wedding, especially busy planning from the other side of the country! For that, I'm forever thankful and honored.

And I loved all of your suggestions for photos, especially those special moments with your bridesmaids and dad during the getting ready. Thank you also for appreciating the challenges with an indoor venue and in low-light conditions. That also meant we were able to be even more creative and get a variety of photos that brought out the background and everyone's personalities!

It was truly a pleasure getting to know you and Will and working with you. Thanks again for everything, especially taking the time to write a wonderful testimonial. Much love, joy, and happiness to you and Will!

• Lauren

Lauren Que · Married on 10/27/2018

Looking for an amazing and professional photographer to capture those special moments? Choose Henry!

We can't say enough about Henry as a person and as a photographer. Our wedding was particularly stressful as we were planning for a ceremony/reception in LA while we were finishing up school in Baltimore, MD. Henry was fantastic at communicating with us to figure out what we wanted, which was incredibly important since we weren't going to have a videographer. After seeing the photos, we firmly believe the videographer would have been superfluous given the amazing photos Henry and his team were able to capture.

If you still aren't convinced, here are extra reasons why we chose Henry:
    1) He shoots in a wide range of styles. His portfolio has the traditional bright and cheery photos of most wedding photographers but also has some bold and dramatic black and white shots with lots of contrast.
    2) He was so on top of his game that we never once had to ask him for any information or tell him where to go. This was a deal-breaker given our distance planning.
    3) His prices were affordable and his work more than merits the cost.
    4) He got us photos after only two or three weeks, which is lightspeed in terms of professional photography, especially given we had over a thousand photos to sift through!
    5) Henry and his team are super professional. Kind of a given, but on the day of when things are hectic, when family members are becoming demanding, when the church coordinator is springing new rules on us...Henry and his team adapted well and were amiable and professional during the entire day.

At the end of the day, Henry and his team not only got us great photos at a great price but were also genuinely fun to work with. All of our smiles in our photographs are completely genuine, which always makes for the best photos!

Sent on 12/08/2018

Hi Lauren!

I hope you and Sean are enjoying the married life. It was SO wonderful finally getting to meet you two in person...on your wedding day!

Can't believe how quickly time flew by since January when I first connected with Sean's mom via email and after a week or two, you and Sean chose me to be your photographer...all via online!

I can't thank you two enough for your trust in me from the very beginning...it's a wedding photographer's dream to work with amazing, sweet couples like yourself and Sean.

I know you and Sean were extra busy with school/work and planning your wedding at Hummingbird Nest Ranch from the East Coast. Everything turned out amazing on your big day!

I especially loved the moments between you and Sean throughout your Catholic ceremony and portrait session...as well as the ones with your parents and siblings! And how could we forget the fun moments throughout the reception, especially Sean's dance with his mom in the T-Rex costumes!

Your words mean so much to me and I couldn't be more grateful and privileged to have met and worked with you and Sean.

Thank you two for everything...wishing you nothing but the very best in this next chapter of your lives together, now as wife and husband!

Anna · Married on 10/13/2018

Best photographer ever!

Henry is so easy to work with and such a nice guy! He also takes a lot of pride in his work so he is very thorough and takes the time to make sure he knows what his clients want. He captured so many precious memories with my husband and our families. Even our guests were commenting on how impressed they were with Henry. Highly recommend!!!! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Aevitas Weddings's reply:

Hi Anna! I hope you and Eric are enjoying the married life. It was so wonderful meeting and working with you on your big day!

Thank you and Eric for putting your trust in me to capture your wedding well before we met in person and making photography a top priority!

I loved all the amazing moments that took place between you and Eric, as well as with your loved ones, especially your parents.

It was incredible to see how much love, happiness, and overall emotions were present between everyone, especially during the getting ready!

It was also a ton of fun sneaking out to the beach for some sunset portraits and to your getaway car for the night time portraits! And I loved the European/Ukrainian dancers during the reception :).

Thanks again for everything, Anna!

• Kristina

Kristina · Married on 09/29/2018

Truly the best

Henry's photos speak for themselves; he creates amazing art with his camera and manages to capture every detail that makes each couple's wedding special and unique. Our wedding was bright, joyous, and full of color, and he tailored his style to portray it perfectly. His photos not only preserve how everything looked, but also how we FELT on the best day of our lives. We got our beautiful posed portraits, sure, but some of our most treasured photos are the candid ones – the ones that show me ugly-crying during our first look and my ever-calm husband wiping the tears from my eyes, the ones that show us laughing uproariously during the best man’s speech, the ones that show us skyping with a would-be groomsman who couldn’t make it. Maybe those aren’t the ones we frame (we certainly have plenty of frame-worthy ones too), but they comprise an honest and intimate portrayal of our wedding. Every smile, every tear, every gasp, every heartbeat skipped– Henry caught it all on camera so we can truly relive that day over and over. Our memories may fade, but these photos will always bring those emotions rushing back.

What you can't see from Henry’s photos is Henry himself: approachable, accommodating, reassuring, encouraging, and professional. While there are many stressful things about having a wedding, we never had a single concern about Henry. We knew his photos would be amazing from his portfolio, but he went so far above and beyond our expectations. Throughout the planning process, he basically filled the role of photographer, wedding planner, and day-of coordinator. He responded to our many emails promptly, went through our many spreadsheets, and worked with us to create our day-of timeline. We had a morning wedding, so getting started early and staying on schedule was critical. On the day of, he texted me when he arrived, made sure everyone was where they needed to be, stuck to the timeline, and somehow managed to organize our big and complicated families into perfectly coordinated group photos. After the wedding, we even dragged him to Santa Monica Pier for a fun photoshoot in the sunset lighting. Henry always felt like just another close friend spending the day with us. Walking around the crowded pier and riding the ferris wheel in my wedding dress while posing for pictures was one of the most abnormal things I've ever done, but he made it feel normal. And because it felt normal, we were comfortable just being ourselves, and that’s how he was able to use his talents to capture our candid emotions and preserve them forever. We feel so lucky that we found Henry just as word was getting out that he's truly the best there is!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Hi Kristina!

How are you and Hayden doing? Did you guys come back from your incredible, epic honeymoon in South America (Inca Trail and Patagonia)?

I'm absolutely speechless from what you wrote (in more good ways than I can count!). Thank you times an infinity to the nth power :).

Seriously, I couldn't have asked for a nicer, thoughtful, and sweet couple to work with in you and Hayden. From deciding to hire me just through a few emails earlier this year to taking the time to come by my home studio and sharing with me your story and wedding plans...

...and most of all, wearing ALL of your beautiful emotions on your sleeves and just being in the moment throughout your entire wedding day! I'm so thrilled that the photos help bring you back to your special day, especially bringing back those extra memorable parts of the day like you described.

Truly, it's I that should be thanking you choosing me to be your photographer and inviting me into your lives, hearts, and wedding day. And YOU made me feel like an old friend around you and Hayden, as well as your super sweet family and friends.

Btw, at the end of the day at Santa Monica Beach, I remember a certain moment. When you were in your dress (and Hayden in his stylish blue suit!), a little girl asked you if you were a princess. And you replied, "I'm a scientist."

From an engineer to a space scientist, that made me smile :). Thank you, Kristina. Wishing you and Hayden nothing but the very best...here's to many lifetimes of adventures, both on earth and in outer space!

Ryan · Married on 09/15/2018

5 stars - absolutely would recommend Henry!

We found Henry through our wedding planner - and were completely impressed by his whole approach to the process and the wonderful photos of our wedding day. He is extremely detail oriented and organized, and a great communicator. He took time to get to know us in order to make sure everything went smoothly for the photos prior to the big day. On the wedding day, he and his assistant Jove were efficient and easy to get along with - and most importantly got some amazing photos while avoiding intruding too much into our ability to entertain and enjoy during the reception. We were married at the Redondo Beach Historic Library, which Henry knows inside and out - and captured some particularly beautiful sunset photos in locations only someone who has worked the venue many times would know to get. Absolutely would work with him again!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Aevitas Weddings's reply:

Hi Ryan! I hope you and Karen are doing well and enjoying the newlywed life. Thank you SO much for trusting me to be your photographer well before we met in person (on the day of your wedding!).

It was so wonderful to connect with you and Karen via email about a year ago through Samantha Hall, our amazing wedding coordinator. It meant the world that you'd have me as your photographer just through a few emails!

I loved capturing all the beautiful moments that unfolded throughout the day, such as the special first look between you and Karen, the interactions between you and your parents, the vows you and Karen wrote for each other, and overall making photography a top priority on your wedding day.

I wish you and Karen nothing but the very best, with lots of love, happiness, and unforgettable memories in the next chapter of your lives. Thanks again for everything, Ryan!

• User3744155 · 1+ year ago

Amazing Photographer

I am an event manager in San Francisco and have worked with tons of photographers and I can honestly say Henry surpassed all of my expectations. He helped make our wedding such a special day and we love the photos. His attention to detail was impressive and we appreciated the Skype calls he set up with us in advance. He made sure we were on time throughout the entire day and having him manage the timeline allowed me to enjoy the day so much more. As I’ve told Henry- event professionals only dream of working with people like him. I wish he lived closer so I would work with him more often!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Aevitas Weddings's reply:

Hi Kim, thank you and Ben so much for your amazing review! It was so wonderful meeting and working with you both on your big day up in Napa/Sonoma!

It's truly one of the biggest honor to be recommended by your sister and a dear photography friend of mine. I've known Michelle (Randy, and their two beautiful daughters) for several years now, so it truly meant the world when Michelle referred me to you and Ben.

Your day was so beautiful and memorable! I especially loved the first look between you and Ben right on the ceremony lawn (and Ben tearing up a bit!)...to all the girls hanging out during the getting ready in the cottage...us sneaking out for some sunset portraits in-between the vineyards...and so much more!

Thanks again Kim, I wish you and Ben the absolute best. Congrats!

Andrea · Married on 09/01/2018

Incredible!

Choosing a wedding photographer is difficult. After all, this team is responsible for documenting one of the most memorable days in your life! After seeing the beautiful work that Henry and his team did at my best friend's wedding, my husband and I didn't have to look any further! He was so on top of our wedding timeline, ensured that he captured all of the portraits and candid moments, was absolutely pleasant to work with, and above all, captured every moment so beautifully! Not only were my husband and I pleased with Henry and his team but our parents were raving about him and his professionalism after the wedding. Even more so, when we got the photos! We couldn't have imagined our wedding any other way! Thank you, Henry and the Aevitas team for making our day even better by creating such beautiful photos that we will cherish forever and share with our future children.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Hello Andrea!

I hope you and John-Ray are doing well and enjoying your first few months as newlyweds :). Thank you so much for voluntarily writing this beautiful review!

It was so wonderful meeting you both at our dear friends/clients' Vithya and Peter's wedding last March. It's truly one of the biggest honor to be considered as the photographer a past client's friend's wedding!

Thank you and John-Ray for choosing me to be your photographer all via a few emails. Your day was so beautiful, especially those special, memorable moments with our parents, siblings, bridal party, and each other.

I loved how close you both are to your family and how everyone wore their emotions on their sleeves all day long. I remember the way you and John-Ray looked at each other during the first look and throughout the ceremony, and when you respectively got ready with your closest loved ones during the getting ready.

Thank you for your patience and trust in me as your photographer, I can't appreciate it enough. And please send my regards to your dear friends Vithya and Peter for making all of this possible.

Wishing you and John-Ray nothing but the very best!

Trevin Sewell · Married on 08/25/2018

Beyond amazing!

If you are in the search for the perfect wedding photographer...stop here! Henry and his team are amazing. From the day we decided to go with Henry, he was a pleasure to work with. He was amazing to work with at our engagement shoot in Joshua Tree National Park in 2017, and he did an incredible job on our wedding day in August of this year. His skills with the camera are one thing, but his planning and communication were beyond amazing. The angels, colors and shades of his photos are incredible.

Henry is extremely easy to work with. He comes prepared and is so friendly to work with. On our wedding day, he made things so easy for us!

The one thing that we loved about working with Henry and the Aevitas team, was that Henry is passionate about what he does. From the day you meet him, you really get a sense of his passion and commitment to making sure you get photos you love, and an experience worth treasuring forever.

Without a doubt, we would recommend Henry to anyone looking for their next wedding photographer! The quality of work is beyond amazing.

Thanks Henry and Aevitas Weddings!

Sent on 10/29/2018
    Aevitas Weddings 34

Aevitas Weddings's reply:

Hi Trevin! I hope you and Van are doing well and enjoying the married life. Thank you very much for your kind words!

Feels like it was just yesterday when I first connected with Van in early 2017 and had our initial meeting. It truly an honor to have you both as one of my first 2018 couples!

Thank you for investing in your photography and making it a top priority, not only with the wedding day coverage and engagement session but albums!

And speaking of the wedding day, what a beautiful venue you chose at Serendipity Garden weddings out in the hills/mountains of San Bernardino!

The day was truly magical, with everything from your beautiful first look along the walkway and Van coming to the ceremony with her dad in a horse carriage, and sneaking out for portraits during sunset and at night.

Thanks again for having me as your photographer and wonderful testimonial. I wish you and Van the absolute best, both professionally with your businesses/careers and personally with amazing memories in the next chapter of your life together as husband and wife!