Adri Mendez Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Marisa
    Marisa L. Getting married on 06/08/2022

The best photography experience!

I knew that I wanted to do an engagement photoshoot in Costa Rica with a local photographer while traveling there. I picked Adri based on the aesthetic that I saw on her Instagram and website... classy, authentic, modern, and just special. Adri was very communicative before the session and I could feel her positive energy before we met. I asked her tons of questions and shared a pretty specific vision with her, which she took into account for the shoot. Her knowledge of Costa Rica's landscape and climate was vital--she worked with us in the days leading into the session to make sure we shot when it wasn't raining and with amazing light. She's so energetic and funny in person, which really helped eased my fiance's nerves about getting his photos taken. Adri and Lucas have lots of little tricks that they tell you to do while they're shooting to make you laugh. I ended up actually having a good time during the shoot, which I did not expect.

My photos are everything. I can't believe they're of me! They're going to hold up over time and help my fiance and I remember beautiful Costa Rica. Love them.
  • Joe
    Joe T. Getting married on 01/03/2022

Exceeded Our Expectations

All we can say is wow. Adri was so professional and made it fun to take so many candid photos. You can tell by her enthusiasm and laughter that she loves what she does. We couldn't be happier and recommend anyone getting married to use her!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer D. Married on 07/10/2021

The Most Amazing Experience with the Most Amazing Photographer EVER!

I don't know how so much love, zest for life, and talent can fit into one tiny person! Perhaps that's why Adri is OVERFLOWING with all of these wonderful qualities- and so many more! One of the most important (if not THE most important) decision you will make for your wedding day is your photographer. This person is there, alongside your closest family and friends, to capture the most important memories of one of the most important days of your life. All I can say is WE ARE SO GLAD WE CHOSE ADRI!!! If you’ve seen examples of her work, you already know how gorgeous her photography style is. She’s clearly highly skilled and has an exceptional gift that separates her from the rest. But Adri is not just an incredibly talented photographer- she's also an incredibly warm + genuine human being. She is a genuinely, authentically cheerful person and exudes a special type of happiness that is indescribable… and absolutely infectious! You feel it from the very first email/conversation. She quickly got us (and all of our guests) so comfortable in front of the camera that she was able to capture our most precious moments in a way we couldn't even imagine would be possible. Needless to say- Adri didn't just exceed our expectations- she BLEW OUR MINDS!

Turns out, we didn’t just hire a photographer; we found a friend, and a new member of our family. I am SO very thankful she was able to be there with us and be such an integral part of our special day. She will always have a place in our hearts and means so very much to us.
    Jaline R. Married on 05/17/2021

Amazing Elopement Experience

Adri is absolutely wonderful!!! My husband and I eloped in Las Catalinas May 2021 and we had an amazing experience working with Adri. Not only was she so professional and responsive- but she was so fully of energy and fun to work with. We felt that Adri when above and beyond for us and we are so in love with our photos. We 1000% recommend Adri for anyone looking to hire a photographer.
    Jined H. Married on 05/01/2021

Incredible Experience!

We eloped in Costa Rica and Adri captured the entire event beautifully. Not only were the pictures gorgeous but she was able to make us feel so comfortable and at ease. Adri and her team were an absolute pleasure to work with!
    Dianez C. Married on 04/16/2021

I couldn’t imagine a better photographer for our wedding..

Adri was the perfect photographer for our elopement in Costa Rica. She’s a little ball of energy and really made sure that we were not only taking amazing pictures but also happy, engaged with each other and enjoying ourselves. The pictures were beyond any words and the experience was everything we wanted. Her and Oscar (videographer who she works with…also AMAZING!) went out of their way to get footage. On our wedding day we had a crazy storm and weren’t t able to take many pictures outside so they drove for hours a couple of days later to meet us at another location just so that we’d be able to have more pictures at no extra cost. They are truly special and we felt blessed to have them. They went above and beyond to make our special day extra special.
    Marianela D. Married on 01/09/2021

In love ❤️

The best photographer! her personality is incredible, she puts a lot of effort and passion in what she does. Every moment of my wedding was perfectly captured and her work is beautiful. I will hire her a thousand times more!
  • Mil
    Mil B. Married on 01/04/2021

We love Adri! She has such a fun energy that I swear brides forget to even be nervous because they just absorb Adri's happy vibe. I've seen that in a personal setting as well, for family photos, as my son gets so caught up giggling with her that he completely forgets he doesn't like cooperating with his photo being taken. Adri's photos have a soft romantic feel, while still keeping colors vibrant, and a touch of magic that I think comes from her ability to capture lighting so beautifully. I can't recommend Adri enough :)
  • Krista
    Krista B. Married on 12/12/2020

Adri The Amazing Photographer

Simply phenomenal. She was wonderful to work with beforehand and made the day of a breeze. We would hire Adri over and over and over again. She had impeccable timing, captured the most perfect shots & made it seemingly effortless from us. Worth every dollar spent, and my husband agrees! We will be forever grateful that Adri captured the most wonderful day of our lives.
    Carolina C. Married on 12/06/2020

Increíble y divertida

Adri es una exc profesional pero a parte de eso es una increíble persona, apasionada por lo que hace lo cual lo demuestra por su linda actitud, haciéndonos sentir súper cómodos en las sesiones para que el resultado de su trabajo se vea reflejado en la calidad de las fotografías. La súper recomiendo y definitivamente será mi fotógrafa para mi sesión de embarazo, claro cuando llegue ese momento jeje en resumen: CONTRÁTENLA !
  • Bamber
    Bamber E. Married on 06/02/2020

Super Fun and Professional

Adri is an amazing photographer, artist and human. She made us feel like naturals behind the lens. She was so professional and prepared during the entire process from booking through day-of. I recommend giving her the freedom to be an artist and you will not be disappointed. I hope to have another opportunity to work with her in my life.
  • Randall
    Randall W. Married on 03/16/2020

Adri is simply put, the best!

Adri was amazing since day one when we had a virtual meeting. We loved her work from Instagram and were trying to pick out a photographer for our destination wedding in Costa Rica. There was so much pressure to find the right photographer as this captures your wedding memories forever. Well.... she. Is. Amazing. From the moment she entered my room the morning of our wedding, she was a total delight! Her energy is unmatched and she makes you feel so special. Having never worked with a photographer, she was great at giving us prompts and within a few minutes we grew to be so comfortable with her that she could have been another guest at our wedding. She’s also a total photoshop master. We were so happy with Adri and her second shooter, Oscar. They make a great team, thank you!
  • Anna
    Anna Married on 02/16/2020

The Most Enchanting Photographer in Costa Rica

Adri is a phenomenal photographer! She brings such positive energy to your wedding day and is super fun to work with. I was drawn to her enchanting yet moody style of work. She's truly an artist AND a photographer. She captured emotions and moments so well. I cried when I saw the photos, it took me right back to my wedding day.

Don't just take my word for it, I actually made a list of what my friends and family said about my photography, they said it was: "stunning," "breathtaking," "magical," "gorgeous", "like a dream" but my favorite word to describe her work is "Enchanting"

I had a lot of different shots that I wanted to get on my wedding day and Adri did a wonderful job at managing our time so we could get it all! My venue was so dynamic, but we got shots of everything from getting ready photos to the first look, to shots on the beach, the ceremony, wedding party photos, reception, and the dance floor.

Please consider hiring Adri if you are getting married in Costa Rica. You don't get a redo when it comes to photos on your wedding day. She knows what shots to get, how to work with the sunsets and the lighting. Adri is worth every penny. Your photos will be priceless.

Last to photos are with me and Adri!
  • Rachel
    Rachel C. Married on 02/07/2020

YASSSS Best Wedding Photographer

If I could’ve brought Adri home with me, I would’ve. Besides taking AMAZING pictures, she is the ultimate hype woman for someone who is uncomfortable being in front of the camera and sooo much fun to be around!
    Although my husband and I tried our best to budget well for our wedding, there were two things I wouldn’t skimp on: photography and videography. I’m so glad I didn’t because we couldn’t be happier with the way our photos turned out - she captured our personalities and relationship so beautifully.
    Our couples session was on the beach and we were so nervous at first because my dress had a long train and I figured it would be ruined after all of the wet sand, but Adri said Pura Vida! so we went with it. No regrets. The pictures are amazing and my dress came out totally fine!
    I would recommend Adri (and Marco) again and again!
  • Danielle
    Danielle H. Married on 01/28/2020

Adri is an absolute gem!

I loved Adri's work, so much so that we moved our wedding up by a day to make sure that she could be our photographer! I'm so glad we did, she made the experience fun and easy. Adri is an absolute gem, is incredibly talented and she will bring so much joy to your wedding experience. I have hundreds of stunning photos and I'm grateful for the thoughtfulness and care that went into them. Thank you Adri!!
    Samantha N. Married on 01/18/2020

Un trabajo intachable

Adri Mendez realiza un extraordinario trabajo, tiene un gran entusiasmo y mucha vocación! Sus fotos son maravillosas y hace que el día de tu boda te sientas hermosa!! Recomendada al 100%!!
  • Shiann
    Shiann H. Married on 01/16/2020

More than I could have Imagined!

Adri was an absolute pleasure to work with. We were traveling for our wedding to Costa Rica and wanted someone local who understood lighting and would be a great day of asset. She exceeded our expectations and truly made our day so special. From capturing all our requested moments to making everyone feel so comfortable and relaxed. Our photos came back in a timely manor and she was always wonderful at following up and being extremely responsive in the planning process. I am SO happy and satisfied with our choice to work with her. And beyond everything the photos were incredible 🖤🖤
    Nicole D. Married on 01/10/2020

Hardworking, creative and amazing photographer! 100% recommended

Adri Mendez was hands down the best photographer we could have ever dreamed of for our wedding.

When choosing to have a destination wedding we knew we wanted someone local who understood the light and vibe of Costa Rica, which is what led us to Adri. I admired her work on Instagram for her creative use of light and was blown away when I got our wedding photos back. Adri was professional, organized, responsive, timely and spent time to read our wedding website and Skype with us prior to arriving in Costa Rica to better understand what we envisioned for our wedding day.

On our wedding day Adri made me feel SO confident and absolutely beautiful, kept the mood light and fun, helped keep us on schedule and captured every single detail/moment I requested. Following the wedding I was approached by multiple family and friends who said they have never seen a photographer work that hard at a wedding EVER.

Adri’s passion, hardwork and dedication show through in her work and I highly recommend her. We are totally in love with our entire wedding gallery and feel so lucky to be able to relive the magic of our special day through our photos.
  • Taylor
    Taylor R. Married on 01/09/2020

The BEST destination wedding photographer!!!

We recently eloped in Costa Rica and Adri and her team did an AMAZING job capturing our perfect day! We are from the states so we never got to meet or plan the day in person, but that didn't matter at all! She seriously captured every thing that we wanted. I would recommend her 100000%!
  • Camila
    Camila Married on 09/21/2019

Just what we needed

Adri not only was an amazing photographer and the perfect professional to capture every special moment of our big day, but also an unconditional and energetic part of our wedding! She made us and our guest laugh and feel comfortable, helped me enjoy the process and to relax! The results were amazing and we couldn’t be more grateful for Adri’s help!
  • Savanah
    Savanah D. Married on 07/20/2019

Perfection!

From day one, Adri was very interested and excited to be a part of our big day! She was responsive and helpful in every way possible! She sent questionnaires ahead of time to ensure I would get every picture I wanted and she more than delivered! She kindly offered us a free sunrise engagement session on the day of our wedding, and was so happy and warm and made us feel so special! Starting our biggest day with her definitely took away a lot of the stress! During the ceremony and afterwards, she was somehow everywhere at once! I did not notice her running around during the ceremony, but she must have been because she captured every angle and every photo I could ever want. I am extremely pleased with not only Adri herself, but the photos she delivered and her high spirits that kept us going throughout the day. Anyone would be lucky to have Adri as their wedding photographer! I am an amateur photographer myself and am VERY picky when it comes to photos, but Adri impressed me more than any photographer I have ever met! She is extremely talented, fast, and good at giving direction to execute her creative ideas! Overall, I seriously think I told her I loved her after only knowing her only one full day (in person anyway) because she is just that lovable! I cannot rave enough how amazing she is!!!
    Cressa Married on 06/08/2019

Best decision we made!

My husband and I tend to feel like we are kinda awkward in front of the camera but Adri made everything so easy and fun!!! She is hilarious and so full of energy :) My whole wedding party was so impressed with her and could not wait to see what she captured. When we received the pictures we were blown away. She is a natural and knows what is is going to photograph beautifully. I love that she gets the candid moments that bring back so many memories of the wedding day. Everyone who attended said they felt like they were able to relive it through the pictures which is amazing!! She also gave us great advice on the best time of day to shoot and advised us to move the wedding time up a bit (which I am so glad she did). She is all around a dream to work with. Do yourself a favor and book her!!
  • Akeia
    Akeia W. Married on 04/26/2019

Book her ASAP!

Adri is absolutely amazing to work with! She was hilarious our entire day. She set up a Skype call to get to know her since we are in the states and we immediately connected. She understood our needs and met them 100%.
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 03/16/2019

Perfect!! Everything I dreamed for my wedding photos

Adri was incredible! She was so much fun to work with and made being photographed fun for everyone involved in our wedding. We booked the 4 hour package for our wedding in Costa Rica and we could not be more pleased. We got our gallery back in just over two weeks and the pictures were STUNNING! I cannot day enough good things about Adri.
  • Mallika
    Mallika V. Married on 03/10/2019

Simply the BEST

Adri was a dream! We booked her, never having met in person until the wedding day. We had a couple of Skype calls with her and we loved her personality — she was down to earth and funny. On the wedding day, she made us so comfortable! My husband and I were nervous being in front of the camera, but she completely put us at ease! Our family and group shots are incredible, she didn't give too much direction yet somehow managed to get the most beautiful and natural documentary style shots. Every single picture was stunning, and we had multiple guests with photography backgrounds ask about her. Her night shots were also great, I can relive the fun of the dance floor through her pictures, the lights and energy were perfectly captured. I'm so happy we went with Adri, our wedding pictures are timeless, I couldn't have asked for a better time or better photographs.