Active DJ Entertainment Reviews

Active DJ Entertainment 6
Active DJ Entertainment 7
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 08/24/2019

Jason was extremely professional and very helpful. Truly the best around.

Jason was so awesome to work with!! He was very flexible and a tremendous help. I came to him not knowing a lot about what I wanted and he helped me get everything together. He spun the best tunes on our wedding night and the party was AWESOME. I would definitely recommend him if you’re ever in the Wilmington area!!

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/22/2019

DJ Charles at ActiveDJ is the real deal!!!!

DJ Charles rocked our wedding at the Annex on 6/22/19 in Wilmington, NC. From the time we met with DJ Charles a week prior to the wedding, we immediately knew we were in good hands. Charles has extensive experience DJ'ing in weddings and in the club scene and it shows!! He played the best songs from beginning to end and kept everyone dancing all night long, even the older crowd had a blast on the dance floor. DJ Charles helped everything run smoothly from the entrance of the wedding party to the toasts. Multiple guests even commented during the reception how much they enjoyed DJ Charles. Active DJ Entertainment is the BEST company in Wilmington, NC and surrounding areas. Great prices and great entertainers! You will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/18/2019

Incredible Music

Jason provides miked sound and music for our wedding on the beach as well as for our reception. We picked a few key songs for him to play but he knew exactly what to play to keep the crowd on the dance floor. He also did a wonderful job making all the announcements and the light show was an added bonus. Our wedding planner told us he definitely was the best DJ out there and now I can definitely agree.

Sent on 07/21/2019

Brittnee · Married on 05/01/2019

Dj jason tatum is awesome!

Jason was awesome from start to finish! Easy to contact and guided us through the whole process smoothly! We used him for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception! His website is awesome with helping you choose songs as well! I highly recommend to anyone who is looking to dance the night away without a care in the world!

Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 04/26/2019

Amazing Job!

We had the pleasure to work with Jason. He did an amazing job listening to what i wanted for our cocktail hour and reception. We wanted a mix of english and spanish music without that awkwardness of some people getting on and off the floor if it wasn't the language they understood. Our friends and family stayed on the dance floor regardless of what was playing. I met with Jason the day before the wedding (due to being out of state couple) we went over everything in a breeze. He was so down to earth and personable. I would recommend to anyone who wants to party all night and or needs bilingual music to be played.

Sent on 05/23/2019
    Active DJ Entertainment 8
    Active DJ Entertainment 9

Char Marker · Married on 03/17/2019

Jason at Active Entertainment

Jason was amazing! He met with us and understood the vibe we wanted! We had all ages and he read the crowd and played the perfect music! I didn’t think many would dance but almost everyone danced the whole time! He was a ton of fun! Just a great time was had by all thanks to Jason!

Sent on 03/25/2019
    Active DJ Entertainment 10

Katy · Married on 01/12/2019

Awesome DJ

Charles with Active DJ was awesome-- booking them for my wedding was one of the best decisions that I made. It is evident that Charles has a ton of experience with weddings. He knows how to read the crowd and kept everyone (of all age ranges) dancing and having a great time the whole night! Active DJ has a very easy method to submit song choices/requests online, and then fill out a questionnaire prior to the wedding. We met with Charles the week of our wedding; he was so nice, laid back, and professional. He respected our song choices and "do not play" list, and his approach was exactly what we were looking for. We felt confident that we wouldn't have to worry about any awkward pauses throughout the night, and he did not disappoint us! He really knows how to keep the party going for every guest at our wedding. I highly recommend Active DJ!

Sent on 02/07/2019

Paige · Married on 12/08/2018

The Bride and groom

Jason Tatum was the DJ for my wedding and he was fantastic!! They are super easy to book, and they include an online wedding planner for your music which I really loved. It reminded me of things I hadn’t even thought about when planning the day. Jason was there for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and through the reception. He MC’d the event perfectly the wedding was SO FUN. Everyone was dancing the entire night. He brings lights for the dance floor that were great. At a few points in the night he had to deal with some of my demanding guests and he handled that very well!! Highly recommend. Would 100% use him again.

Sent on 12/16/2018

Tammy Bruestle · Married on 11/03/2018

Danced the night away.

Charles was awesome he was so easy to work with. The music was fabulous from ceremony to dance floor. The guests were anmazed and the crowd had the best time. Charles made this an unforgettable event.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Sean Riback · Married on 10/06/2018

Look no further, These are the DJ's you want at your wedding.

Fantastic DJ. They played great music, Charles was both laid back and very professional. He checked with me a few times during the night to make sure the music/ volume was good. We couldn't have asked for a better company.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Jennifer McDaniel · Married on 10/06/2018

Excellent DJ Service

DJ Craig was amazing! He read our guests perfectly and played music that they really enjoyed. We had a great group of folks on the dance floor for the majority of the night. Craig was very professional and I would highly recommend him! He made our wedding a great event and we will remember that forever.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Rachel · Married on 09/29/2018

So happy Charles was the DJ for our wedding day. I had read the reviews before and knew Active Entertainment was good, but I was blown away! He did an amazing job keeping the party going all night and our guests loved him just as much as we did. His music choices were right on time and perfect for our crowd. I never wanted to leave the dance floor! Cannot recommend him enough!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Kathryn Linch · Married on 09/29/2018

Nothing short of a great time

My husband and I are from Texas so we planned most of our wedding stuff from a distance. I did a lot of research and found active DJ, and didn’t hesistate to book. Dan was our DJ. Our first phone conversation was great as he was very easy to talk to and he made the whole process very easy. On our wedding day we allowed requests, and a lot of people took advantage of it. At first, Dan wasn’t sure about all of the country music until he quickly learned it got our southern crowd going. He also played a good variety and ensured my Dad’s request were played. We only had him until 10, but he agreed to go until 11 so long as we paid him later. He didn’t even hesistate—he played until 11 and shut the party down very well. I would recommend active DJ and Dan over and over again!

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Callie & Wes

Callie · Married on 09/28/2018

Wow, Active DJ is the way to go!! Jason was a great help to ensure our big day was perfect, and Charles absolutely killed it!! He completely understood our music tastes & our dancefloor stayed packed for the entire evening!! Cannot thank them enough for making our big day perfect!!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Nicole · Married on 09/08/2018

Choose Shawn Booth !!!! We cannot thank Shawn and Active Entertainment enough for throwing the best ceremony and reception we could ask for. Shawn met up with us whenever we asked to talk about details. He was always a phone call away. He executed every single detail we mentioned, literally played a list of songs that we wanted. Shawn is amazing both professionally and personally. So outgoing, fun and detail oriented. If you want a party at your reception and want your friends to rave about it, pick Shawn!!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Lindsey · Married on 09/01/2018

My husband and I worked with Charles for our wedding. He was fantastic! We don't really like the traditional pop dance music that is usually played at weddings and after only one meeting Charles was able to pick out playlists for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception that perfectly fit our style. His choice in music was great and his transitions were flawless. We would definitely recommend him to anyone getting married in the Wilmington area.

Sent on 09/02/2018

Christine · Married on 08/31/2018

Charles was beyond amazing! We had a great meeting in the beginning of the planning process, and later on was able to send him some playlists of music we like. He took all of our recommendations and created such an amazing day for us. Highly recommend Charles!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Caitlin · Married on 08/31/2018

Jason Tatum from Active DJ is the BEST DJ! I had heard raves reviews prior to having met him and continued to hear rave reviews from all my own guest after he DJ’d our wedding! He knew exactly what to play to keep the party going and getting everyone dancing, even those that never dance!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Chelsea · Married on 08/12/2018

DJ Charles was beyond amazing!! My husband Bryan and I could not have asked for anything more. He was super helpful when narrowing down some of our song choices. He kept all of our family and friends on the dance floor the whole night! We would highly recommend Charles because he will make your wedding/special occasion something you will never forget!

Sent on 08/17/2018
  • Brea

Brea · Married on 08/04/2018

Everyone had a BLAST

Thanks, J, for providing everyone at our wedding with such a great time! Everyone enjoyed themselves and made their way out to the dance floor at one point or another through the night, no matter their age! Our oldest guest was 91 years young and even she was caught on the dance floor having a wonderful time. If you're looking to provide a memorable experience, book J with Active DJ Entertainment.

Sent on 07/18/2019

Chelsea · Married on 08/03/2018

Jay with Active DJ is incredible! He had our dance floor packed the entire night. I cant say enough about how amazing he is. He was a major part in how much fun everyone had. If you want to use the best DJ in Wilmington you have to book Jay!

Sent on 08/06/2018
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/02/2018

Shawn is the wonderful professional who made our night memorable!!!! Active has a great team and Shawn definitely brought together a little bit of our Brazilian and American culture and transformed our party into this amazing event where nobody could stop dancing! Bride and Groom always on the dance floor!!! Thank you Active for such a wonderful time!!!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Lindsey · Married on 07/21/2018

We worked with DJ Charles and our experience was perfect. Leading up to the wedding Charles was great (we live in NYC) with phone call and email. He offers good feedback and really helped us with what we were looking for. On the wedding day Charles was awesome. He plays to the crowd and we were just so happy with how he keeps the energy going. Thank you Charles for helping to make our wedding day so special, we highly recommend.

Sent on 08/11/2018

Ashley · Married on 07/08/2018

Charles Echols was an awesome DJ! I recommend him to everyone for any event. He knew how to keep the party going and really listened to what I wanted. Very professional and knew what he was doing. If you want your wedding to have a lot of dancing and good music pick Charles! He’s your guy! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/19/2018

Megan · Married on 06/29/2018

Jay from Active DJ was such a FUN DJ! He kept the dance floor full and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ! They are great to work with and very down to earth.

Sent on 07/09/2018