Active DJ Entertainment Reviews

438 Reviews for Active DJ Entertainment

• Alicia

Alicia · Married on 10/04/2020

The Best DJ Hands Down!

We had to change our date and venue due to COVID and Jay was nothing but flexible and professional. We weren't sure what the dance crowd would be like, but those that wanted to dance definitely had a great playlist to do it to! Jay read the crowd so well. He was incredible! He also did our ceremony music and that went off without a hitch. My husband used to announce hockey games and wanted to do introductions and Jay was so helpful in making that happen. We ended our night with a last dance just us and Jay set it up perfectly. He was the absolute best! We could not thank him enough for helping to make our night so fun and memorable.

Sent on 11/02/2020
  • Rayn

Rayn Mangum · Married on 09/27/2020

Highly Recommend Wonderful DJ

Martin from Active Entertainment was an amazing DJ. Throughout the whole planning process he helped with song choices and creating a mood. On the big day we could not have asked for a better musical atmosphere!

Sent on 09/29/2020

Grace Cahill · Married on 09/05/2020

We love Martin!

Our wedding planner recommended Active DJ and they could not have been more professional or wonderful. Martin called us the week of (everything was last minute due to COVID) to get to know us, and couldn't have done a better job. Our guests raved about his playlist. 10/10 recommend.

Sent on 10/03/2020
  • Janel

Janel · Married on 06/13/2020

The best dj!

We had Jay Tatum as our DJ for a wedding during Covid-19 (which we were pretty nervous how dancing would be) and he was INCREDIBLE. Literally kept every single guest on the dance floor the entire night! Really knew how to read the crowd and played all types of music to keep everyone dancing and having a blast! He was so easy to work with, would DEFINITELY recommend!!!

Sent on 06/22/2020

Jenna Young · Married on 12/14/2019

They know how to throw a party!

My husband and I wanted one main thing out of our wedding... a PARTY... and everyone we talked to recommended Active DJ Entertainment (Jay Tatum). Now I know why! We have gotten compliments about so many different things from our day, but the most consistent is how great the music was. I can truly say I never left the dance floor! Jay took our requests into consideration, but at the end of the day he is an EXPERT and you can feel totally comfortable leaving the party in his hands!

Sent on 01/07/2020
  • Charlotte

Charlotte · Married on 10/19/2019

No one left the Dance Floor

Jay was incredible. We are so happy we found him!
    The dance floor was packed all night long. Jay knew how to keep the party going!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Scott

Ashley Brookes · Married on 10/19/2019

Sir Charles is a rockstar!

Everyone in Wilmington said that Active DJ was the only DJ service we should look at, and they were right! Don’t waste your time and money looking at anyone else, truly. Active was fantastic to work with, made everything so easy, and guided us in the process. Better yet, our DJ Charles was absolutely fantastic. Such a nice guy and made our night a big success! Literally at any point in time during the reception at least 90% of our guests or more were dancing. It was the perfect mix of songs and Charles did an awesome job. He really listened to what we wanted, made sure everything was perfect, and offered his advice and suggestions from his years of experience. We used him for our ceremony as well and everything was perfect. I would hire them again in heartbeat.

Sent on 12/14/2019
  • Emmie

Emmie Apoldo · Married on 09/28/2019

Awesome DJ

Martin did beyond an amazing job with the music for our big day! Our guests couldn’t stop talking about how amazing all the music choices were and how fun it made our reception! Loved it all!!

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Sterling

Sterling Dallas · Married on 09/20/2019

Hurricane Party

Active DJ was professional and extremely FUN! The team made sure to really understand what music we enjoyed and they did a great job of making sure that our guests stayed on the dance floor all night!

Due to a seasonal hurricane we had to postpone our wedding. Active DJ was easy to reschedule with and quick to respond. I can't thank them enough for their support in that stressful time.

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Sarrah

Sarrah Gilley · Married on 09/20/2019

Let's get the party started!

Hands down, Active DJ Entertainment should be the only choice when considering the DJ for your wedding! Their level of expertise seriously does not compare to anyone else and their online tools such as the music planner and event planner makes working with them so easy and convenient. Jay was our DJ and I can’t say enough good things about him. He is very knowledge the venues in town and his advice/recommendations on the flow of the timeline and logistics of the event was extremely helpful and appreciated. He knows exactly how to get any party started and it truly was easy to be able to put everything in his hands when it came to what type of music to play and how to get all your wedding guests involved in the celebration!

Sent on 12/30/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 08/24/2019

Jason was extremely professional and very helpful. Truly the best around.

Jason was so awesome to work with!! He was very flexible and a tremendous help. I came to him not knowing a lot about what I wanted and he helped me get everything together. He spun the best tunes on our wedding night and the party was AWESOME. I would definitely recommend him if you’re ever in the Wilmington area!!

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 07/20/2019

Dancing all night

We had Jay Tatum as our DJ for our wedding. Literally, once he started playing, the dance floor didn't empty ONCE. We even skipped out bouquet and garter toss because we were having such a blast dancing to the music. Jay did a perfect job of reading the crowd and getting everyone up and dancing. It was the best time ever!

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/22/2019

DJ Charles at ActiveDJ is the real deal!!!!

DJ Charles rocked our wedding at the Annex on 6/22/19 in Wilmington, NC. From the time we met with DJ Charles a week prior to the wedding, we immediately knew we were in good hands. Charles has extensive experience DJ'ing in weddings and in the club scene and it shows!! He played the best songs from beginning to end and kept everyone dancing all night long, even the older crowd had a blast on the dance floor. DJ Charles helped everything run smoothly from the entrance of the wedding party to the toasts. Multiple guests even commented during the reception how much they enjoyed DJ Charles. Active DJ Entertainment is the BEST company in Wilmington, NC and surrounding areas. Great prices and great entertainers! You will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/18/2019

Incredible Music

Jason provides miked sound and music for our wedding on the beach as well as for our reception. We picked a few key songs for him to play but he knew exactly what to play to keep the crowd on the dance floor. He also did a wonderful job making all the announcements and the light show was an added bonus. Our wedding planner told us he definitely was the best DJ out there and now I can definitely agree.

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Anna

Anna Webb · Married on 05/18/2019

Best DJ in town

Thank you Active DJ for keeping the party going all night! From our ceremony to the reception, the music was perfect!

Sent on 04/02/2020

Brittnee · Married on 05/01/2019

Dj jason tatum is awesome!

Jason was awesome from start to finish! Easy to contact and guided us through the whole process smoothly! We used him for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception! His website is awesome with helping you choose songs as well! I highly recommend to anyone who is looking to dance the night away without a care in the world!

Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 04/26/2019

Amazing Job!

We had the pleasure to work with Jason. He did an amazing job listening to what i wanted for our cocktail hour and reception. We wanted a mix of english and spanish music without that awkwardness of some people getting on and off the floor if it wasn't the language they understood. Our friends and family stayed on the dance floor regardless of what was playing. I met with Jason the day before the wedding (due to being out of state couple) we went over everything in a breeze. He was so down to earth and personable. I would recommend to anyone who wants to party all night and or needs bilingual music to be played.

Sent on 05/23/2019

Char Marker · Married on 03/17/2019

Jason at Active Entertainment

Jason was amazing! He met with us and understood the vibe we wanted! We had all ages and he read the crowd and played the perfect music! I didn’t think many would dance but almost everyone danced the whole time! He was a ton of fun! Just a great time was had by all thanks to Jason!

Sent on 03/25/2019

Katy · Married on 01/12/2019

Awesome DJ

Charles with Active DJ was awesome-- booking them for my wedding was one of the best decisions that I made. It is evident that Charles has a ton of experience with weddings. He knows how to read the crowd and kept everyone (of all age ranges) dancing and having a great time the whole night! Active DJ has a very easy method to submit song choices/requests online, and then fill out a questionnaire prior to the wedding. We met with Charles the week of our wedding; he was so nice, laid back, and professional. He respected our song choices and "do not play" list, and his approach was exactly what we were looking for. We felt confident that we wouldn't have to worry about any awkward pauses throughout the night, and he did not disappoint us! He really knows how to keep the party going for every guest at our wedding. I highly recommend Active DJ!

Sent on 02/07/2019

Paige · Married on 12/08/2018

The Bride and groom

Jason Tatum was the DJ for my wedding and he was fantastic!! They are super easy to book, and they include an online wedding planner for your music which I really loved. It reminded me of things I hadn’t even thought about when planning the day. Jason was there for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and through the reception. He MC’d the event perfectly the wedding was SO FUN. Everyone was dancing the entire night. He brings lights for the dance floor that were great. At a few points in the night he had to deal with some of my demanding guests and he handled that very well!! Highly recommend. Would 100% use him again.

Sent on 12/16/2018

Tammy Bruestle · Married on 11/03/2018

Danced the night away.

Charles was awesome he was so easy to work with. The music was fabulous from ceremony to dance floor. The guests were anmazed and the crowd had the best time. Charles made this an unforgettable event.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Sean Riback · Married on 10/06/2018

Look no further, These are the DJ's you want at your wedding.

Fantastic DJ. They played great music, Charles was both laid back and very professional. He checked with me a few times during the night to make sure the music/ volume was good. We couldn't have asked for a better company.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Jennifer McDaniel · Married on 10/06/2018

Excellent DJ Service

DJ Craig was amazing! He read our guests perfectly and played music that they really enjoyed. We had a great group of folks on the dance floor for the majority of the night. Craig was very professional and I would highly recommend him! He made our wedding a great event and we will remember that forever.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Rachel · Married on 09/29/2018

So happy Charles was the DJ for our wedding day. I had read the reviews before and knew Active Entertainment was good, but I was blown away! He did an amazing job keeping the party going all night and our guests loved him just as much as we did. His music choices were right on time and perfect for our crowd. I never wanted to leave the dance floor! Cannot recommend him enough!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Kathryn Linch · Married on 09/29/2018

Nothing short of a great time

My husband and I are from Texas so we planned most of our wedding stuff from a distance. I did a lot of research and found active DJ, and didn’t hesistate to book. Dan was our DJ. Our first phone conversation was great as he was very easy to talk to and he made the whole process very easy. On our wedding day we allowed requests, and a lot of people took advantage of it. At first, Dan wasn’t sure about all of the country music until he quickly learned it got our southern crowd going. He also played a good variety and ensured my Dad’s request were played. We only had him until 10, but he agreed to go until 11 so long as we paid him later. He didn’t even hesistate—he played until 11 and shut the party down very well. I would recommend active DJ and Dan over and over again!

Sent on 11/07/2018