Across the Bay Films Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Katie
    Katie T. Married on 07/31/2021

Best Decision Ever (for the Best Day Ever)!

From our first meeting with Ivan, my husband and I knew we had found the right person to capture our wedding. We instantly felt a connection and liked him and due to COVID, we had only met by phone! We had already fallen in love with his artistry by watching his videos of other couples, but then his personality completely won us over. He was great at explaining the different packages he has and helped us to find the right fit for us. We met with Ivan over the phone twice before meeting him in person the day of the wedding, but he is so personable, professional, sweet and kind, and charming that between the phone calls and emails I felt like he was an old friend that I spent much more time with! He already had a working relationship with our photographer (Katie Dalrymple of KD Photography) and two of them just jived all day long. We always felt natural and able to be ourselves throughout the whole day. I've watched other videographers' videos and I can always pick out the scripted forced movements. We were able to just live in every moment with Ivan and Chris capturing all the interactions. The two of them just made you feel like you were spending time with two friends who wanted what was best for you and your day! The video itself is magical. I smile every time I watch it!! It allows me to relive the day and also see moments I might have missed. They captured not only us, but all our family and friends perfectly. Ivan posted a lot teasers prior to finishing the video (which he completed in record time!!) and I looked forward to every notification from Across the Bay Films! Our family and friends loved all of them too! I highly recommend Ivan and Chris to capture your special moments. The quality of their work along with their down to earth professionalism is exactly what you want for moments you want to remember for forever. I cannot thank them enough for capturing ours!
  • Rachel
    Rachel R. Married on 06/12/2021

Absolutely incredible!

After our original wedding day was postponed we were truly blessed to find Ivan from Across the Bay Films for our new wedding date. I was impressed from the moment I saw his work and even more impressed during our introduction phone call where it was evident Ivan cared deeply for his couples and brining their vision to life. Ivan and Chris truly went above and beyond. They went out of their way to make it possible for our beach ceremony to be seamlessly live-streamed to our loved ones virtually. Everything was perfect the day of our event and Ivan and Chris fit in naturally with our family and other vendors. Our families continue to compliment how professional and kind they are. We absolutely love our wedding film which captures our day so perfectly and better than we ever could’ve imagined. Additionally, we were very impressed by the very quick turn around time while still exceeding our expectations for quality and attention to detail. We are forever grateful for the opportunity to not only have Ivan and Chris a part of our special day, but to have the most amazing wedding film to cherish for a lifetime.
    Jamie B. Married on 12/12/2020

Wow wow wow!

We don't even know where to begin, as Ivan has completely BLOWN us away with his talent! If you want someone different, a videographer who goes beneath the surface and gets to the most beautifully raw and intimate pieces of life/love and all it's beauty, who stirs emotion and is able to showcase that which cannot be put into words, then Ivan from Across the Bay Films is your vendor! We decided to elope due to the pandemic and Ivan captured our day perfectly. We feel so lucky to have found him, and only because our wedding was mid-December during a pandemic, were we able to secure him in such short notice, as this guy books out! If you see his work, you will know why! If we could give him 100 stars, we would. He is SO easy to work with, super communicative, delivers on time, SO TALENTED, and such a nice guy overall. Thank you Ivan, for giving us this gift of a lifetime! We picture watching this video when we are old and gray, smiling fondly:) We have watched our video upwards of 100x already, and still tear up each time! A sign of a job well done! :)

All we can say is...HIRE IVAN RIGHT NOW!
  • Jill
    Jill A. Married on 11/22/2020

So Talented & Easy to Work With

To say I've watched our highlight video every day is an understatement. I couldn't imagine a more perfect capturing of TWO moments in time. We did two micro weddings due to Covid and how they were able to fit it all into one video is amazing.
    They are talented and I am so so so happy we made the decision to have them capture the weekend. I was not sure at first if we wanted to spend on video and it was one of the best decisions we made!!!
  • Sara
    Sara T. Married on 10/06/2020

I felt like we were in our own music video!

Ivan and his crew were simple amazing! During the day-of shooting, Ivan was able to keep the mood light and stress-free. It was all very natural. They worked really well with our photographer and did not make us feel overwhelmed with cameras or lights in our faces. They allowed us to have the space that we needed to enjoy the day and really added happiness to our day. When we received our preview I was in love with everything about it! I really felt like it was a music video! I definitely would Across the Bay Films!! We don’t know how to thank Ivan and the team enough for making our wedding such an amazing day and something we will be able to remember for forever!
  • Megan
    Megan R. Married on 06/26/2020

Incredible!!!

Ivan and Across the Bay Films filmed both of our ceremonies! We had a small front-yard wedding with 20 of our family members and a post-COVID celebration with 200 people. Ivan and his team gave my husband and me beautiful, edited footage from both events. Ivan was able to create two very unique highlight videos for us, along with a "teaser" video, and edited ceremony and speeches, within a month of both of our weddings. Ivan is open to all ideas, and is very professional and easy-going. He worked great with all of our other vendors and guests!
  • Laurel
    Laurel N. Married on 06/05/2020

I kept signing up for more!

We never planned on hiring a videographer. My husband and I both agreed we didn't need it, nor would never really watch it. But the number one bride regret always pointed to at the very least we should record our ceremony and speeches. Ivan surely is talented. I could see that in his work he did for other brides. His energy and enthusiam made me say "Yes!! Let's do it!" But still, I didn't ask for anything extra. The day after our wedding, I called Ivan and said, I really need to see it all. The anticipation was real. You miss so much, its true. And you cannot fully understand that until after its over. So I signed up for the next available package. Once the 1 min teaser was released I was convinced. I felt more emotions in 60 seconds than I could have ever anticipated. There is this look my husband gives me, that I never see him make other than quiet moments together. This look makes me feel all the butterflies. Across the Bay films captured this look and then some. Once we got back the full wedding highlight and document, I could not get enough. I eagerly asked Ivan again, what else can you send me? He was so accomodating and quickly put together extra clips to update my document for me. I have watched so many times! I had no idea I was going to enjoy it this much. I am a huge fan and will surely miss working with this team. In the end I ended up requesting all the raw footage. I just didn't want to leave it behind. I love watching our day through their eyes. Across the Bay films, it was so lovely to share this unforgettable day with you. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for everything!
    Kelly Married on 10/26/2019

Best Decision Ever!

Ivan and his team are the best. He has the latest cameras, a drone, and his passion for videography and editing shines through his amazing work. If you don’t believe me check out his website. My mom is a hard to please customer and after looking at Across the Bay’s website she knew we needed to hire them. Out of all of the vendors we looked at...photographers, florists, etc...she was most impressed with Ivan, and we hadn’t hadn’t even hired him yet! I don’t like being in the spotlight but the best thing about Ivan and his team was that I didn’t even realize they were there most of the time. They were professional and personable and the end result was perfect. My husband loved the teaser- I caught him watching it more than once (and he is not a sentimental man), my family cried after watching the highlights, and my nephews thought my husband and I were like superheroes after watching the video. There were so many details they captured that we missed because the wedding day happens in the blink of an eye and I am so thankful we have the video of all of those special moments. At the end of the day, all you have left are the memories, the photos, and the video and I am so glad that we went with Across the Bay!
    Kelly R. Married on 09/28/2019

Across the Bay captured our day perfectly!

Across the Bay captured our day perfectly! I watched all of their videos leading up to our big day and I was so excited for what they would do for us. They did not disappoint! I loved the direction they gave my husband and I and how they really helped us to relax and get some great shots. They have such a great eye for some artsy shots and put it together in such a unique way. There were so many little things going through my mind on my wedding day it was so great to have these videos to look back on - the father/daughter dance, the dance floor, getting ready... they put it together flawlessly. Across the Bay is the best!
    Megan Married on 09/21/2019

The Best Decision!

I cannot say enough amazing things about Ivan and Across The Bay Films! Ivan was super responsive, flexible, worked seamlessly with our other vendors and was so much fun! He was professional and went along with any ideas that we had! I've received so many compliments on my wedding video, you will not regret going with Ivan!!
    Sydney Married on 09/20/2019

Simply amazing!

I was on the fence about getting a videographer for our wedding but it was one of the best decisions I’ve made. Ivan and his partner were absolutely incredible on our big day and beautifully captured some our favorite moments that we will never get back, but can now watch over and over again. Pictures can only capture so much and Ivan is totally worth the investment. Each video we have are like mini movies that beautifully pieced together our wedding day. We have gotten so many compliments. And make sure you have tissues nearby when watching his videos. All in all booking Ivan will be the best thing you do for your wedding day and you won’t even notice he is there. No offense!
    Erin Married on 08/31/2019

Fantastic!

Across the Bay Films did an amazing job on our wedding video. Ivan and Aaron did great work capturing all the special moments of our wedding day. Our highlight film and the documentary of our wedding day is fantastic.

Ivan seems to love his job and it shows in his work. He was very easy to work with and had great ideas for our video. He arrived early, was available for questions. He also collaborated and worked nicely with our photographer and DJ. Ivan and Aaron are very friendly and we enjoyed having them with us at our wedding. We would definitely hire them again for another special event and recommend them to anyone looking for a videographer.
    Taylor Married on 08/24/2019

Absolutely flawless!

Hands down one of the best decisions we made was hiring Ivan and his team to document our wedding. He was one of the greatest/easiest vendors to work with. His communication was impeccable and as an impatient bride, when you receive a response within a couple hours it was a sigh of relief. We received our videos edited within 2 weeks. They were absolute perfection. Ivan and his team worked seamlessly alongside our photographers, they are true professionals that have perfected their craft. We couldn’t have asked for a better depiction of our wedding day that we get to share with our family and friends. Everything was captured perfectly from beginning to end. It truly is amazing to have the ability to replay our wedding anytime we want. We couldn’t be more pleased with Ivan and his team. When someone asks who our videographer was we proudly say, “Across The Bay Films.”

• Melissa
    Melissa G. Married on 06/14/2019

Talented and a joy to work with

Ivan and his team were not just amazingly talented they were such a joy to work with. We were astounded with the final product and so happy we invested in these videos to share with our families for years to come.
    Kathy Married on 06/08/2019

Hire them!

When you plan a wedding, you work with all kinds of vendors that you don't know, and haven't used before. You can read the reviews and look at pictures (or films) of their product, but in the end, it's always a leap of faith, and if the nighttime anxiety attacks haven't started yet in your process, trust me--they will! Enter Across the Bay films. Originally, my daughter and son in law weren't even going to use a videographer. They were concerned about the intrusiveness of too many cameras and all the staging they thought that would bring to the day. But about 5 months out, as the day was coming together, we started thinking we'd like more than still photos to remember the day. We wanted the sights and sounds and the candid glimpses and the overall vibe. So we began looking at videographers within the vicinity of their shore destination. Some of the work was cheesy. Some of the companies were super pushy, like used car salesmen. And then I stumbled onto the website from Across the Bay. I loved their films--they were gorgeous and seemed to capture the uniqueness of each couple's day. But more than that, they seemed AUTHENTIC and not in your face. I called Ivan and honestly, within 15 seconds, knew we had stumbled upon (thank you, internet!) gold. His demeanor was exactly what my daughter was looking for in someone who was going to be with her for 10 hours of her wedding day. From that moment forward, the videography of the day was one thing we didn't worry about EVER. Ivan responded to any calls or emails immediately and was genuinely excited about the unique locations and details that were involved in the day. The wedding ceremony itself was a huge filming challenging because the church was a tiny seaside chapel with one light above the alter and virtually no place to stand. Ivan and Aaron made it happen anyway, and now those special moments are preserved forever. As we have looked at the films (more than once--ok, a lot more than once!), we are transported right back to the magic of that perfect day-- to the breeze, to the music, to the dolphins swimming off the shore while beach photos were taken-- all captured in the most respectful and unobtrusive manner, as Ivan and Aaron worked seamlessly with the photographer. I have decided that, along with good premarital counseling, videography is an investment in marriage. When times get tough--and there are those moments in every marriage--you can go back to your films and remember not just what you promised but why. The films created by Across the Bay are bursting with the love and joy of the day. Thank you, Ivan, Aaron, and all at Across the Bay, for the treasures you have created. And to anyone reading this review, your search is over. Hire them!
    Taylor B. Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing videos

To everyone that I talk to that is having a wedding I tell them they should definitely get a videographer and I always recommend Across The Bay! We got the package with the three videos (teaser, highlight, and our wedding video) each one was nothing short of amazing. They managed to capture all of the main parts of our special day and I’m so happy we have that to look back on. The guys are so nice and I loved that they talked to me and my husband multiple times before our wedding to make sure they would make the video just how we wanted.
    Megan Married on 01/09/2019

They were great! Top choice, highly recommend

Ivan was wonderful to work with and produced the most amazing video for us that perfectly captured our day. It can be a frustrating process to compare a bunch of videographers ahead of your wedding because they can all start to look the same, but once we found Across the Bay they stood out as a company who clearly took careful care to get to know their couples and make each video special and unique. We had a great time with them. They were also awesome sports -- the assistant videographer even got on a boat with us with his foot in a cast to capture our arrival. Overall a wonderful experience, extremely quick turnaround after the wedding of beautiful videos, and would definitely recommend them to others. We haven't stopped watching the videos since he sent them through! Thanks Ivan!!
    Kate Married on 11/03/2018

Unbelievable!

Thank you Across the Bay! In our initial wedding planning, we weren't sure if we would get a videographer, but looking back now I can't believe I ever thought not to! I have watched our wedding video (the teaser and the 6 minute short) probably 1,000 times and it never gets old! Pictures are one thing, but a video is a whole 'nother ball game! Ivan and Aaron captured our day perfectly! Seemless edting and priceless moments are what you will get if you hire Across the Bay Films--trust me, you'll never regret hiring a videographer as good as these guys but you will regret it if you don't! Head to their website to check out the amazing films they've made and I guarantee you'll hire them on the spot. Some direct quotes from my family after they saw the video "that video is incredible," "I cried and watched it 3 times! Omgggg," "I'm not crying...you are! WOW!"
  • Melody
    Melody Married on 10/06/2018

The absolute best decision!

Like most, we were hesitant to book a videographer due to budget restrictions. Most videographers hear that, so nothing new when I had an initial call with Ivan. After speaking to Ivan, and viewing his breathtaking work, I knew we would regret not capturing our day on film. Ivan is by far one of the best humans I’ve met; he’s full of great energy, gets to know your personality to truly capture your day in an organic way, and his professionalism throughout the process didn’t go unnoticed. In addition to being AWESOME, he worked with our budget so it was no longer a concern (and we so appreciate that). My absolute favorite part about booking Ivan/Across the Bay Films? Spending 8+ hours with him and his team. We had a BLAST capturing shots on the golf course, laughing with him, bouncing ideas off him, yet, he went unnoticed when my husband and I shared private moments together. When booking vendors, I would recommend booking the ones you can spend your day with, who give off great vibes, and truly listen to what you’re looking for in your service. Ivan exceeded our expectations and we couldn’t have asked for a better person to capture our day. We look forward to crying the happiest tears (which you will) when we view your work. Thank you for making our wedding day FUN, LIGHT and the very BEST VENDOR CHOICE.
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 10/06/2018

Professional footage and even more professional service!

Ivan and Aaron were able to catch the most precious moments of our special day. We often didn't even notice them and they still captured every aspect of our ceremony and reception. They were a pleasure to work with because they were courteous and professional from the moment we met them at the Wildwood Bridal Fair, to the moment Ivan gave us our hard drive with all of our footage. They truly went above and beyond to customize a packages to meet our specific needs, and it was much appreciated. I would highly recommend Across the Bay Films to anyone who wants to work with a great team that offers professional service.
  • Jeff
    Jeff Married on 09/08/2018

These guys literally saved the day

We cannot thank your team enough for such a professional job, Across the Bay saved the day. The photographer we hired for the wedding did not get pictures of the most important moments at our Wedding. The team at Across the Bay did a truly exceptional job. The video was phenomenal, their professionalism and skill level were unbelievable. We can not thank them enough for capturing and presenting our important day. When our next daughter gets married we are going right to Across the Bay...thank you..thank you..thank you you saved the day!
    Brianna Married on 06/22/2018

A Day You Will Remember Forever

During the beginning stages of planning, my fiancé and I were not 100% sold on the idea of a videographer. We have seen a few videos created during our friends weddings and we were not blown away by anything. When we stumbled upon the work of Across The Bay we knew that we needed to have them film our special day! We both laughed and cried, along with members of our family as we watched each film. Ivan, Kelly, and their team created videos for us that bring back all the feelings of that day. We have received countless positive comments about our trailer and highlight films. Across The Bay was not only flexible and available, they made sure they knew what we wanted filmed was filmed. They were so good, we didn’t even notice them during the night! We can not say enough good things about Across The Bay. Select them for your big day and they will not disappoint!!!
    Rachael Married on 06/16/2018

Amazing job, priceless video

Ivan was wonderful to work with. From our first meeting with him to our wedding day, we could not have had a better experience. Ivan made us feel comfortable the whole day. We have gotten so many compliments on our video. People who weren't at our wedding but watched the video told us it made them laugh and cry. The quality is amazing, and we cannot stop watching it. I would highly recommend Across the Bay Films for your wedding!
    Bonnie Married on 06/04/2018
    I can not recommend Ivan enough! My husband and I have family all around the globe that were unable to attend our ceremony, so capturing the moment on film was very important to us. Ivan listened to exactly what we wanted, had amazing communication about our day, and delivered a video beyond anything we could have ever hoped for. We can’t wait to show our family!
    Diana Married on 11/25/2017
    Ivan did an outstanding job on Sean and my video! He completely captured the essence of the day.. it brought my husband and I to tears when we watched the videos because we felt like we were reliving the moment. Not to mention the editing skills and scenic shots he included. It allows someone who was not at the wedding to feel like they were in the moment. I highly recommend this new business! He always responded in a very timely manner and we received the footage about 2 months after the wedding. Our video is posted on his page - check it out :) 'Diana & Sean'