Access DJ's Reviews

Access DJ's 1
  • ELSA

Elsa · Married on 05/25/2019

Best and most professional DJ

John Ortiz is the best DJ there is. He is very polite and accommodating. But, what really stands out to me was the fact that he asked me, the bride, what I wanted to drink as he saw me there with no drink in my hand. He was very instrumental keeping the music going that everyone I speak to say that had the best time at our wedding. And honestly, that is what I wanted to hear! Thank you, John, for making that happen. And he even took a picture with our flower girl, our dog, Penny!

Sent on 06/10/2019
    Access DJ's 2

Shelley · Married on 02/16/2019

Highly Recommend!

John with Access DJ's was absolutely wonderful! He was so helpful and organized during planning and went above and beyond the day of our Wedding. John stepped in and coordinated the evening seamlessly- from keeping the night going on time to reading the guests and keeping them dancing! We are so thankful we found him!

Sent on 02/26/2019

Jason R · Married on 11/10/2018

Smooth experience-highly recommend!

We hired John with Access DJs to host and DJ our reception at the Hilton DoubleTree hotel at the recommendation of the hotel staff. From the first time I contacted John, he was easy to talk to and helpful. We planned the entire ceremony during a Skype meeting about one month beforehand. We selected music for the ceremony through his music portal. He hosted the entire ceremony and everything was on-time and smooth. He even had a list of Hindi songs that he could play, and was able to locate a last-minute request at the ceremony. Everyone was involved at the reception and had a great time. Overall, I would highly recommend. Thank you for making our reception such a great experience!

Sent on 11/18/2018
  • Margaret

Margaret Votaw · Married on 10/26/2018

incredible DJ- above and beyond!!!

John at Access DJ’s rocked!!! I can’t begin to say enough nice things about his services. He not only acted as a master DJ, but he also did an exceptional job of coordinating the night and keeping everything moving at a relaxed pace. He played all the music my husband and I requested, but he also played guest requests that were special. I can honestly say, he was the best man for the job. Thank you, John. Our wedding wouldn’t have been the same without your services!!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Access DJ's's reply:

Thank you Meg! I enjoyed being a part of your wedding so much. It was so beautiful too, with the Autumn Wedding Theme and it was the perfect weather and day for it. Your wedding party was a great group too! Once more, Congrats to you and Cory, and I hope to see you around Houston at another event. ~ John
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 08/25/2018

John from Access DJs was amazing to work with. He made sure we knew that this was our day and he wanted to make the wedding feel like us. He was responsive, fun to work with, and accommodating to our every request. Creating the playlist was easy to do with his program and he nailed it on the wedding day. The dance floor was never empty! Also he made sure everything ran smoothly by announcing special events, coordinating speeches, and more. John is a true professional, and he made our day completely stress free. Thank you John! I could not recommend Access DJs more! Hire them!!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Kishori · Married on 02/10/2018

John is an amazing event coordinator and DJ. He hosted our event on February 10 and did a great job! It was easy to work with him and he ensured that he played all the songs we wanted to make the evening special. So thank you John!

Sent on 03/20/2018

Mary · Married on 11/18/2017

John was incredible as a DJ at my daughter’s wedding. Do yourself a favor and hire him for your next event that requires a DJ. The dance floor was full and the crowd was very entertained. He did everything we asked him to do and then some. I give him a dozen stars!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Adam · Married on 07/29/2017

John Ortiz did a great job as DJ for our wedding... He kept the beats pumping and the wedding reception events on schedule. Prior to the wedding, we conveniently met via Skype to hash out the details. The music selection website was easy to use & it was perfect for helping us ensure we had all the right music for our special day. Thanks John.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Ed · Married on 02/18/2017

John from Access DJs was on hand to make our wedding go off without a hitch. He has a great system that we used to list some of our favorite songs for him, and we later had a Facetime session with him to make sure we were on the same page. While we hired John as a DJ, we wound up getting much, much more than that. John was able to implicitly understand what was needed when and managed the flow of the evening at a perfect pace. We had a band come on later in the night, and John handled transitions with them and their breaks perfectly. John is a consummate pro and we would highly recommend him!

Sent on 06/18/2017

Lauren · Married on 04/30/2016

John was great! He was super late to our first meeting but well worth it. He is busy and I happened to have my wedding close to rodeo season which seems like a busy time for him but he handled my wedding perfectly.. Trust me when I say there is a lot that the dj does at a wedding and he did an outstanding job. I enjoyed working with him as did my husband ??
    ?? Lauren & Jesse Young

Sent on 06/11/2016

John was extremely professional and kept our photo booth running smoothly. He was nice, accommodating, and I would defintely recommend his services to all my friends and family.

Sent on 11/20/2012

Rob · Married on 02/24/2018

Access DJs did a fantastic job at our wedding ceremony (downstairs) and the reception (upstairs). They made it individualized and personal and fun, with a music selection that took our preferences and also took liberty to get everyone dancing! Most importantly, though, was his role as MC where he really moved the night along and kept everything organized and on track. Can't recommend strongly enough!

Sent on 03/12/2018

Access DJ's's reply:

Thank you Micah and Robert for the kind words. You wedding was really fun and I had a blast with your musical selection. I wish y'all the very best! ~John

Cheslea · Married on 08/02/2014

John with Access DJs was so awesome! He really knew how to make things flow so well that we didn't have to worry about a thing. We went from one event of the reception to the next. The music was great, he kept the dance floor packed! And he was an outstanding emcee!

Sent on 08/13/2014

Theresa · Married on 09/14/2013

We rented the photo-booth and some A/V equipment from John of Access-DJ's, and the experience was fantastic. He was extremely knowledgeable, and the quality of the photo booth was perfect for what we were looking for. The props were awesome, and in great condition. He even made some recommendations for us, which we accepted, which made the experience even better. Now we have all of our photo-booth pictures in full resolution, and a photo album our guests made as they took the photobooth pictures, which is priceless! John was extremely easy to work with and was worth every penny. His services definitely enriched our wedding celebration!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Sana · Married on 04/01/2012

I had John Ortiz decorate for my 2-day long, 350 guest Indian wedding extravaganza this April and he was absolutely brilliant! John met with me and my very demanding family multiple times over the course of the year and remembered everything we had previously discussed and requested! He was so great with ideas and completely understood the look we wanted for all of our events. He was respectful of all of our traditions and was even able to provide us with the Indian/bhangra music we requested. The fact that we were able to get our planning, decorating, music, and lighting all in one location really took the pressure off. One of our events was a backyard dance-party, and John was able to use his awesome contacts and erect a huge canopy in our backyard. We were able to keep the canopy for the entire wedding weekend and hosted many dinners and lunches underneath! John even went couch-hunting and found us a gorgeous Victorian style piece that featured in all of our wedding portraits. The wedding planning was stressful, but I wasn't worried for a second regarding the music, lighting or the decorations because I knew John had everything under control. He was both an anchor and a peacemaker during a turbulent and highly emotional time. He even added some little extra touches and everything looked spectacular!! I was completely blown away (as were all the guests!) when I saw the venues and how gorgeous everything was. Words cannot describe how amazing John is to work with. It was the best money we spent on the wedding --- definitely worth it and I would and have recommended him to everyone I know who is throwing a party

Sent on 05/20/2012

Jessica · Married on 07/16/2016

Access DJs is an excellent choice for a wedding DJ. John was amazing. He walked us through the planning process, and made sure everything was taken care of on our big day. The music he played was great, and he kept the party going. I felt totally confident, and my guests had a GREAT time!

Sent on 08/04/2016

Kelly · Married on 06/18/2016

3.4
      3.0
      2.0
      3.0

We went with Access DJs because they were one of the preferred DJs at our venue. John was a nice guy, but he was incredibly hard to contact and he had said he would be able to implement some of our requests but did not. When we needed to meet with him and submit payment, both times we tried texting, calling, and emailing him over a couple of weeks. When we finally set up our 2nd meeting as a Skype phone call, he joined over 20 minutes late.

He was reasonably priced and compiled a slideshow for us, which we really appreciated. We had sent him songs to time the slideshow to (after he asked us to do so), and we emailed him our requests in an email with other items, but he missed our slideshow song choices, so the pictures were timed to different songs and it looked strange. We had specifically asked for one song not to be played early in the night, and I think it was played third or fourth. We spent hours picking out songs to populate the “must play” and “okay to play” song lists, yet we still heard at least 1 song at her wedding that neither of us had heard before. This song appeared in our wedding video, so we got another reminder of this. He did a good job of keeping the party going, even with the different songs, but we really wish we had not wasted so much of our time picking out songs that were not all going to be played.

We had asked for one portion of the evening to be slow songs and had put some on the “okay to play” list, but he tried to play dance songs during that time (we got him to change). If we could have done it differently, we would have had a playlist of all the songs we wanted played and nothing else in order we wanted them played for the evening.

Sent on 10/02/2016