AC Hotel Worcester Reviews

18 | Worcester, MA

18 Reviews for AC Hotel Worcester

Marybeth B. · Getting married on 09/08/2021

Great spot for a room block and after party

We did not have our daughter's wedding at the AC Hotel, but we did have a room block of about 30 rooms. The rooms were clean and modern and the hotel staff was pleasant and helpful to all our guests. The after party was held in a tent and outdoors , according to Covid regulations. The food at the after party was very good and all our guests had a great time.. The wedding was held on August 21, 2020, which was 10 days after the MA governor drastically changed the amount of people who could gather together. The staff at the AC was flexible and accommodating , while still following the ever changing rules to keep our guests safe. Courtney and Erin were terrific to work with and made sure all went well during the entire wedding weekend.

Prince · Married on 10/30/2020

Memorable Day and World class Experience

AC Hotel's ambiance and service was just what we needed to make our wedding day a memorable one. All the staff were courteous and Courtney the manager was very excellent in helping to deliver the prefect experience for our special day!

• Akusika

Akusika A. · Married on 10/30/2020

Exceptional

I worked with Courtney Maleakas for my wedding in October at AC Hotel Worcester. At a time like this when things are so chaotic and unpredictable with COVID-19, she kept my fiancé and I informed, and made us feel so comfortable spending time there. We also extended our stay because she, as well as the entire staff, made us feel so welcome and everyone was just very nice and lovely towards us.

Sent on 11/20/2020
  • O

Obe · Married on 10/30/2020

Best Venue Ever???

Just attended a wedding here, small numbers, very cozy vibe throughout the hotel, my favorite is the fireplace in the lobby and little touches all around that make you feel welcome!

Sent on 11/20/2020
  • Kelli

Kelli A. · Married on 08/14/2020

AC Marriott Worcester

We couldn’t have been happier with how our special day went! Courtney was there for us every step of the way before and during the COVID pandemic right until our wedding in August. One week before our wedding the gathering size for outdoor gatherings changed from 100 back to 50 and the AC was with us every step of the way. The hotel rooms are beautiful along with the food and service! We chose the AC before the pandemic and we would choose it again in any circumstance. It’s a great place to have a wedding in Worcester! We could’ve be happier with how everyone went. They have price points to reflect any budget and perfect location for Worcester!

Sent on 09/09/2020

Liz · Married on 08/07/2020

The entire planning process was always positive!

Our wedding at AC Hotel was nothing less than wonderful! The hotel is subdued chic, amenities are high quality, the food is delicious, and the staff is great. Most importantly, working with Courtney, the catering director, was fabulous. The pandemic forced us to alter our original plans and Courtney was compassionate, SO helpful with suggestions and ideas, and she never missed a beat. Their wedding packages give you a ton of options for building your event the way you want it. We used their tent for the ceremony and reception and it was beautifully styled with the chandeliers and silver Chiavari chairs. I highly recommend this venue, an absolute gem!

Dan · Married on 07/08/2020

We had an awesome day

Courtney and her team were extremely accommodating and helpful! They made sure all of our guests were safe and went out of their way to make our special day an amazing time for everyone who attended.

Sent on 09/18/2020
  • Melissa

Melissa L. · Married on 10/12/2019

Beautiful, Modern, Elegant, Classy.

The AC Hotel is a beautiful location for all your wedding needs. Once you step through the doors, you will know this is where you want to have your wedding! While one may describe the venue as elegant and modern, this venue would never be described as cold. The staff is extremely kind and willing to help you every step of the way. Courtney and her team go above and beyond to make sure that both the couple and their guests have the most unforgettable nights of their lives. Our guest were beyond ecstatic with every detail of our wedding. The AC hotel does not only deliver on their promises, but also executes everything with great finesse. Our guests are still raving about every bit of their meal- to the main entrée, to the salad, and even the butter that came with the rolls!
    Our wedding planning was a bit of a challenge following an unexpected change less than four months out from our wedding date. We had to find a new venue due to circumstances out of our control. We were so lucky (and honestly enough… lucky does not even come close to describing how we felt) when we found out the AC Hotel had our date available and would be able to meet with us. As we all know, planning a wedding is beyond stressful, re-planning details at the 11th hour is a whole different level. However, this stress all changed once we had a first meeting/showing with Courtney. From this point on we knew we were going to be in good hands. Not only was the AC able to accommodate a number of additions we were planning for the other venue, but they were able to successfully move over a hotel block from our previous location so our guest would be at one convenient place. Whenever we had any questions, Courtney was always there to answer promptly. This did not matter if you sent pages and pages of questions – you got all of your answers in great detail.
    Even the execution of our visions went beyond our expectations. Every bride and groom has these great ideas of DIY projects, bring their own supplies, and then drop it off in crates. We did this and more. multiple carloads of supplies; signs, decorations for additional tables, unique sign-in supplies, outdoor entertainment, more signs, endless favors for our guest, a complex number of escort pumpkins, our own monogrammed napkins, candles, place settings, and a fully stocked candy table. The real magic however was the team taking these supplies and realizing our vision. With this task, the team went above and beyond our expectations… each and every detail was on point.
    For any of your guest staying at the hotel, the staff is beyond gracious. From the moment you walk-in for check-in, the front desk truly treats you like a friend. This does not stop here but goes for each member of the hotel staff. You will get a friendly hello or good morning for each person you pass by; the front desk, the lobby bar team, the breakfast area, and also the housekeeping staff. Enough cannot be said about the size and elegance of the rooms. Clean, modern, relaxing… you will not want to leave.
    We highly recommend the AC Hotel by Marriott as both the location for your wedding and the hotel in which you choose for your wedding guests!

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Margaret

Margaret F. · Married on 10/04/2019

Couldn't be happier.

We just got married on 10/5/19 and everything about our wedding at the AC Marriot was absolutely perfect!! Here are the finer points:

1. The hotel is beautiful. If you are having guests from out of town, it makes it so easy to have the reception there and then everyone can just take the elevators upstairs to their rooms at the end of the night.
    2. We picked this venue because of the resident planner, Courtney. While the hotel is beautiful as I stated above, Courtney is really who sold us. She is so organized. She communicated every important detail to us. She probably responded to approximately 1000 emails over the last 10 months during the planning process, always responding in a timely fashion and she never made me feel like I was being a pain. A specific example of how she went above and beyond: I picked linens for my tables. She ordered samples of the linens, and because she had spent the last 9 ish months listening to me talk about my vision, when she set the table with the samples she was aware that it was NOT what I was envisioning. Brides, when you are busy and your wedding is quickly approaching, you will have a lot on your plate, and you could potentially accidentally pick linens which end up being lavender table cloths when you meant to pick gray. This is the exact circumstance I found myself in. Courtney really had no obligation to bring this to my attention, after all, it was an oversight on my part and for the record, the linens were the exact ones I picked. But, like I said before, she took the time to get to know me and my vision, and she knew it wasn't what I meant to pick. She made time to have me come in the next day and see the linens in person, and I agreed, it was NOT what I wanted. We ordered the right linens and the entire room the night of the wedding looked absolutely amazing. That is just one example of many times she went above and beyond in our wedding planning process.
    3. The food is delicious and it is served ON time. Nothing worse than going to a wedding and waiting for hours for food when you've been starving all day. Everything came out hot and on time.
    4. The ballroom is a good size for our group (177 total), the tent is beautiful, and the staff are all friendly and professional.
    5. Parking is easy in the garage, great location with many options for guests from out of town close by for food and drinks.
    6. We stayed in a suite which was great for hair/makeup and pictures the day of. We also coordinated with Courtney to have lunch set up for the bridal party during the getting ready process. It was delivered on time and was perfect to keep us from starving all day.

I don't have any pictures back from my photographer yet, but the ballroom was absolutely beautiful. The staff set up all my DIY decorations exactly to my specifications. As soon as I have pictures back I will post them. I can't say enough positive things. Have your wedding at the AC Marriot Worcester, it will be amazing.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Janell B. · Married on 08/10/2019

Great at Accommodating

The AC hotel did a wonderful job wiht our Wedding and Reception. There was a large number of out of town guests so having a single location for everything was very important to us. Courtney was on top of everything and communicated well with us leading up to the event.

Food was extremely important to us as my groom has a unusually Dietary Restriction. They were able to work with us to make a delicious menu that was 100% friendly for him.

Also Awesome Chandeliers.

Sent on 08/29/2019

Lara F. · Married on 08/03/2019

Top Notch Wedding Venue

A DREAM! My wedding was just over a month ago and our guests continue to RAVE about the AC and how perfect of a venue it was to hold our wedding. Courtney and all of the staff at the AC truly went above and beyond our wildest imaginations and expectations. Our guest were so complimentary of first how beautiful the AC & how welcoming the staff is, but also how accessible the hotel is for every mode of transportation!I am incredibly thankful we found the AC and chose them as our wedding venue!

Courtney was top notch. I couldn't be happier with the venue and Courtney was a huge part of that. She was there every step of the way- either to answer anxiety driven questions, give me honest opinions, help with wedding party lineup, suggest food options, assist with a realistic timeline, etc. She felt like a family member by the end. She worked around our budget- which was the most important thing to us. We were able to host our wedding here due to her ability to allow the venue to fit our budget. She also even walked me to the AC bus, which graciously took me and my mom and MOH to the first look site. She was ready to greet me when we came back with an umbrella (because there was a tiny chance of rain)! I will never forget her genuine kindness & hardwork throughout the entire wedding planning process and every minute of our wedding day.

Below I outlined more details...

Punctuality- Courtney and her team answered our questions very quickly and were always available for anything we needed! The wedding itself ran perfectly on time as planned. Courtney meticulously organized each part of our wedding so that we met our timeline and everything was punctual and smooth!

Professionalism- I can't say enough about the professionalism that Courtney and her staff demonstrated. They were SO kind and made all of our guests feel so welcome. While I was getting ready we last minute needed chairs in our suite and the staff was at our door within minutes. I loved working with every single one of the staff members!

Food- WOW! First, the food was EXACTLY as promised at the tasting- looks, tastes, etc. The food was incredible with large portions and all of our guests were so impressed! The cocktail hour food was circling frequently by the wonderful staff members. The food choices you have are abundant and you really can't go wrong with any choice you make!

Bar- The bar staff were fast, efficient, and kind as well. Courtney special ordered some beer for us and they had the bars fully stocked. They seamlessly moved the bars from the cocktail hour into the reception hall for ease of access.

Ceremony- We got married in the tent outside. It was absolutely stunning. The space is elegant and classy. We received so many compliments! The staff set up both spaces quickly and efficiently. Courtney was with us every step of the way to ensure the ceremony procedures went as planned.

Reception- This room is gorgeous. The room was set up exactly as planned down to every tiny detail- table numbers, table placement, outside things brought in, etc. The room is so flexible and very capable of fulfilling any bride & grooms needs. The cocktail hour hallway is truly stunning.

Sent on 09/09/2019

Jason · Married on 08/01/2019

AC Worcester

Our entire family stayed at the AC Worcester many of whom flew in from the West Coast. Everyone had such a nice memorable time together. We had our rehearsal dinner at AC and the food and service was excellent.
    The staff was accommodating and so friendly which made the wedding experience so much nicer. We all really enjoyed the breakfast set up and hotel amenities. I would highly recommend AC Worcester to other friends and family.

Sent on 09/10/2019

Melissa R. · Married on 06/22/2019

Absolutely perfect!

We had such an amazing cocktail hour and reception at the AC. We could not have asked for a more perfect venue to celebrate or wedding. Courtney is the BEST! Super responsive and so easy to work with. She answered every question we had quickly and thoroughly. We were so appreciative of her input and couldn't have asked for anyone better to help us plan. From day one when we saw the venue up until the wedding day she was just perfect.

We were able to have our cocktail hour in the tent which was beautiful and spacious. The hors d'oeuvres were so delicious and the bartenders were excellent. Our guests also loved being able to go out to the tent to take breaks from dancing later in the night.

The ballroom was able to easily accommodate all 200 of our guests. We were able to choose different table sizes based on how many we wanted at each table which was great and our dance floor was nice and big. The hotel itself is stunning and the lighting throughout is one of my favorite features. Absolutely beautiful.

One of the hidden gems about the AC is the food! We had such a tough time deciding on food for cocktail hour and dinner because everything was SO good. Our guests raved about the dinner! All the staff throughout the night were professional and courteous and very accommodating.

Many of our guests stayed the night and LOVED the rooms and breakfast the next morning.

We are SO glad we went with the AC hotel, it was everything we wanted. I honestly recommend it to everyone. Courtney went above and beyond to help us on our big day and we are so grateful. Amazing venue, dedicated staff, great location. We LOVED IT!

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Sophia

Sophia F. · Married on 05/04/2019

So Thrilled!

My husband and l fell in love with the AC Hotel after we attended the Wedding Expo this January; it is such a beautiful venue! All of our vendors were excited to work with this venue, and we received so many compliments from our guests about the space and food! Courtney was so great to work with as we planned our May wedding in about 3 months! We were so thrilled to have everything in one location in the city we call home! It was nice to stay overnight and have breakfast before checking out! The food was amazing and the service was just awesome!

Sent on 05/18/2019

Jeanne · Married on 05/04/2019

AC Marriott was perfect!

The AC Marriott, Worcester, MA was the hotel of choice for our daughter's wedding, which was held at Mechanic's Hall.

We hosted the Post Wedding Brunch on Sunday at The AC Marriott .

We appreciated being kept informed of our guests and room counts.
    The hotel has nice amenities and areas for guests to meet and congregate.

Upon arrival, the front desk was extremely attentive to all of us...and our guests were very pleased. Everyone was willing to offer assistance, if needed.
    We appreciated the extra efforts to give us a private area to fill our gift bags which were then given to our guests upon check in .

Sunday's brunch was superb...Chef James and his assistant were great, as was the rest of the staff! Everyone was totally satisfied. The omelette station was perfect,and the Chia pudding was a huge hit....as were the bacon and avocado toasts!
    We were pleased that so many guests told us that "It was the best brunch they had ever attended!"

We appreciated Courtney's assistance and extra efforts to ensure a successful weekend. She made it easy to work with her and her co-workers throughout the planning process.
    Robin's assistance was also the best!

Everyone was available and willing to assist to make the weekend a memorable one for the bride & groom.

Thank you!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Anna

David K. · Married on 11/11/2018

Amazing Wedding Venue!

Courtney and the entire team at AC Hotel were extremely helpful from the planning stages through the days that followed the wedding. Chef James won us over at the tasting with his brilliant menu selections. We can not thank James and his team enough for the delicious food. Our guests are still talking about the steak! Although we only met Brian, the director of Food and Beverage a couple of times, he made sure we knew he was available if we needed him and did a wonderful job.
    Courtney and Robin were available every step of the way to make the planning process easy. Courtney was extremely helpful answering any and all questions in the months leading up the wedding. She was especially attentive on the day before the wedding to work out last minute bridal concerns, making sure we only had to focus on our special moments and not worry about the small details.
    We were able to enjoy every minute of our wedding without worrying about a thing. We highly recommend AC Hotel for your wedding venue, you won't be disappointed! Thank you AC Hotel staff for giving us such an incredible day that we will cherish always.

Sent on 01/22/2019

Eve · Married on 10/06/2018

We had our rehearsal dinner at the AC, and also stayed at the hotel as did many of our guests.

Both the food at the rehearsal dinner and the breakfast was excellent - everyone was very happy and full. We booked the dinner before the hotel had opened and were not able to try the food a head of time and were absolutely not disappointed. You never know what you are going to get with hotel food but everything was delicious and many people went back for seconds. The churros at the rehearsal dinner were a particularly big hit. I was also really happy when they brought out a gluten free dessert for my sister who has celiacs, I had made sure one of the meal options was gluten free but hadn’t even asked about dessert and was so glad it was taken care of for us!

The hotel is also beautiful, we didn’t need to provide and extra decorations for the dinner and everyone loved the rooms. We stayed in a suite, the bathroom had excellent lighting for having my wedding make up done - though my only note is that there isn’t a ton of natural light and the bedroom and living room didn’t have any overhead lighting which was a little odd.

Lastly, the staff were great to work with. The Director or Catering, Courtney, spoke with me a ton leading up to the wedding about both the dinner and room block and everything that went along with that. Of all of the people I worked with planning our wedding, Courtney was the most prompt and professional. The rest of the staff throughout the hotel were accommodating, we couldn’t have asked for a better stay.

Sent on 10/08/2018

Eleni · Married on 08/03/2018

Beautiful hotel for guests with friendly and helpful staff!

The AC Marriott was a great hotel for a big group of people and took wonderful care of our wedding guests. We were able to block rooms at a reasonable rate and the check-in process and amenities were fantastic for all of the guests. As the bride and groom, and because we were bringing so many guests to the hotel, we received a suite that was incredibly spacious that it made it easy and comfortable for the bridal party to get ready in the day of the wedding. The entire staff took great care to make sure all of our requests were honored and even left some champagne and chocolates in our suite on our wedding night, even though we held the wedding elsewhere! We had a delicious post-wedding brunch at the hotel in one of their ballrooms and all the guests raved about the food. I highly recommend the chia seed coconut pudding! The AC and the staff were wonderful at every stage of the planning process.

Sent on 06/10/2019