20 Reviews for Above Talk Weddings

Non-religious (2)
No Denomination (2)
Customized Vows (1)
20 Above Talk Weddings Reviews

We were very blessed & fortunate to have Jo officiate our wedding ceremony earlier this month. Could not be happier with the speech she gave in our honor. It felt very personable, while also firmly professional & beautiful. Our other vendors raved about working alongside her, as she helped make sure the entire ceremony ran fluidly & without a single hitch. We would both highly recommend Jo to anyone looking for a quality, masterful officiant for their big day!

Profile Picture Victor, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, No Denomination, Customized Vows

If you're looking for an officiant who is compassionate, caring, thoughtful and professional then Jo Souza is your gal. From the moment we met with her we knew right away that she was going to be the one who would marry us. Jo was prompt and responsive to our emails and she was affordable - which is always a plus! The ceremony was perfect and a large part of that was because of Jo. Even when my fiance left the marriage license at home on the day of our wedding, Jo was still able to meet with us the next day and sign our papers. She never made my wife feel bad about forgetting them, instead, she was very supportive and understanding. As you can see we have nothing negative to say about Jo and would recommend her to everyone!

Thanks again Jo,

Travis & Megan Williams

Profile Picture Megan, 11/11/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jo was a part of our wedding in the most special way, she has such a professional attitude, very friendly, and our ceremony was so beautiful, short and sweet and right to the point. I would very much recommend her to anyone who is looking for a officiant! Thank you jo for a wonderful experience to our new life.

Celeste and orlando
4.30.16

Profile Picture Celeste, 4/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Having Jo as our Officiant was a privilege. Her experience and calming direct nature kept us on track and in line with the rehearsal and Wedding Ceremony. More importantly her Charming and Ceremonial words were heartfelt by Deb and I and those that attended. We will be forever grateful for the words and thoughts she shared. Our commitment is sealed. Thank you Jo!

With Loving Kindness,

Gibson and Deb

Profile Picture Gibson, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Civil Union, Single Religion

My husband and I asked Jo to officiate our wedding vow renewal for our 25th wedding anniversary. She was very helpful, professional and caring with the service. She took time to customize the ceremony to make it special for us. We had the ceremony are her chapel setting and she was very thoughtful with setting everything up and allowing us to take our time for family pictures and didn't rush anything. I would highly recommend Jo and appreciate all she did to make our vow renewal special.

Profile Picture Cindy, 2/9/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious

It was perfect! It was great couldn't have asked for better or more. Just perfect...

Profile Picture dawn, 1/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Primary and foremost Jo was responsive. I'm sure anyone who might be reading this is struggling with a thousand and one decisions to make about their wedding. Jo expresses very thoughtfully and clearly that she is their for you. She can "flex up" and be more structured and directive or in a more casual manner make herself simply a tool of your ceremony. She has a small chapel to conduct a ceremony or she can travel to where you want. In our case she was able to conduct an intimate family wedding at our 100 year old farmhouse in in the country. Her ceremonial duties were meaningful, sentimental, and appropriate to occasion. Perfect!

Profile Picture William, 1/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My fiancé, now my Wife, decided to have a special ceremony all of our own with just two witnesses. We gave Jo a call the morning of our wedding day and by the evening on the same day we were married. Jo was very helpful and very flexible with our schedule. She attended to our needs and my wife could not be happier. I want to thank Jo for making our special day come true even when it was short notice. We highly recommend Jo and once again thank you.

Profile Picture User6300313, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Civil Union

Loved the ceremony and the vows were perfect! Couldn't have asked for a better day.

Profile Picture Corrie , 1/4/16, 1 Review
Services Used: No Denomination

At first we were not a sure if we were using the right person for our officiant, as it goes with anyone you are not familiar with. But after all said and done and all the changes that needed to be made due to weather changes. Jo Souza gave us a excellent ceremony that was detailed and very precise in what we had asked for and with her expertise was accomplished with any problems.

Profile Picture Robert, 11/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Our wedding was absolutely beautiful thanks to Jo! Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Ryann, 8/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jo was very helpful and walked us through the whole process. She listened to exactly what we wanted, and we would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Carrie, 6/12/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Single Religion

I was referred to Jo for a very last minute wedding ceremony, which was a last minute surprise event during our baby shower. She was wonderful, prompt, and completely accommodating. Her message during our ceremony was beautiful, and we could not have wished for a better minister for our very special day. We were all so thankful to have her with us on our wedding day.

Jessica & Brian.

Profile Picture Jessica, 2/15/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jo is absolutely incredible! We hired her as our officiant for our recent wedding.

The ceremony was customized to us and it was amazing. All our guests were complimenting on how beautiful and personal the ceremony was. Jo was prompt and professional and very helpful for almost a year in the communication to make our special day perfect!

Definitely would recommend her to any engaged couples!!
Thank you so much Jo! Sean and Ashley Farlin

Profile Picture Ashley, 12/13/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We dealt with Jo totally over the internet when planning my sister's wedding in Sequoia National Park. Jo was always prompt in responding and checked in periodically to see how things were going. On the day of the wedding, she was timely and professional - which we had no doubt she would be. And then she totally blew us away! Her service was absolutely beautiful and touching. The words she spoke, the sincerity in her voice and eyes...all made this special day over the top! It was the most meaningful wedding service I have ever attended. The whole ceremony made us all reflect on how precious life is, how important our spouses are and what an incredible journey marriage can be. She didn't just read a bunch of words, she put meaning behind them in a way I have never experienced. I would absolutely recommend Jo - hands down!

Profile Picture User3781206, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jo was amazing my partner and I decide to elope at the last min. We got untouched with her in the morning and by 2 pm we were a married couple. She was so passionate and was willing to accomplish everything we wanted in such short notice. Best decision we have ever made.

Profile Picture User3721762, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Thank you so much for making our day so special! Jo was so much help organizing and made the day less stressful for us all.

Richard

Profile Picture Richard, 12/7/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

She was a very compassionate, wise, and creative wedding officiant. I would highly recommend to other couples for marriage!

Profile Picture Keith, 12/12/15, 1 Review
1.9

Overal I was not satisfied. I had written out our vows which were one the traditional ones but added pieces to it that would make it special for us and she only let us say a piece of ours because she had written our vows for us. So we didn't get to say all of our vows the way we wanted it. Also she was trying to control our wedding and set things up her way and acting flustered and upset when wanted it a different way. I am however thankful that she did it on short notice though

Profile Picture User3233694, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews